pastebin.com/stLT1bVc
pastebin.com/dTCRqZuN
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq

This Day in History, December 7th

Other urls found in this thread:

eu3.paradoxwikis.com/Prospering_times)
mega.nz/#!ZsVhxB6Y!60sfoWXrxDR73U-NFhfPc53e8tDOI5gZYxW1wnGgxGU
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq
alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/pride-goes-before-a-fall-a-revolutionary-greece-timeline.429475/
alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/king-theodores-corsica.419096/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_MacGregor
alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/an-extremely-enthusiastic-hitler-si.421177/
alternatehistory.com
youtube.com/watch?v=cB3BekaAaO4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NOTHING WRONG

MY WTWSMS KEEPS FUCKING CRASHING

Did you put the mod in the proper place? Like really, really you should try searching where to put the mod in. You probably fucked up this one.
Also be sure the WTWSMS version you have is for the game version you have.

So what's the difference between a grand strategy game and a 4X game?

BELIEVABLE WORLDS
But really its in the name. Look up what "4x" stands for and compare and contrast with a game like vicky 2.

Yes, it's in the right folder I played a full game from Thuringii up to HRE but I started a new game as Essex and have only gotten to shy of 600 AD and the game keeps randomly going unresponsive indefinitely

I may just try to start another game but it's really pissing me off losing all that progress.

FUCK YOU, JAP

guess what time it is, boys

Do we really need a new thread every 150 posts?

Mein Mohr.

i think op just wanted to include Pearl Harbor on the today in history section tbh

What?

Grand Strategy games are historical simulators. They have a fixed starting map or starting maps (if multiple start dates are available) and are not intended to be balanced. Success is achieved not by world conquest / extermination but by national prosperity and achieving a successful or dominant position in one's region - the exact definition of success varies from time period to time period.

A 4X basically has a random or semi-random map, everyone starts out on generally equal footing with most of the map unclaimed and uncharted territory. They then try to expand and kill each other as fast as possible. The game is generally intended to be balanced.

gsg are 4x games with a serious case of historical roleplaying and simulation(playing withing the limitations of different factions)
4x is just fungal growth into unknown not that it's bad

is it Pearl Harbor time?

Repostan from last thread since that one isded. For the user who proposed Cascadia.

This has been proposed before, and I said I'd add it to the to-do list. I think it's time to actually do it now since I have a few ideas for this & Hawaii.
But I'm gonna need more insight on what to do.
Perhaps in the 1836 start, Oregon state and Boise Idaho could be part of the Astorian/Oregon state, which would be an independent state under the influence of the USA. After the Oregon treaty in the 1840's, you could be given the choice to either remain independent, become part of the USA or the HBC.

If your choice were to become part of the USA, the country would first become a vassal (since there are no tags/modifiers to become a substate in the code) and by decision, become the State of Jefferson, which would remain a vassal or plain old annexation (AI would have something like 30% chance of forming the vassal State of Jefferson)

If your choice were to become independent, the HBC would grant you (Very reluctantly) the lands between the 42°N and the 54°40'N latitudes (Basically Hongcouver), but you'd be on your own, Britain would hate your guts and the French wouldn't care a bit about your existence. Your only options would be Russia or Mexico, and if you are to ally the USA, you're basically fucked after manifest destiny if you're not under the protection of another GP, as it is with Texas.

The borders you're proposing seem alright, but I'd have to make/edit a shitton of provinces, so for simplicity's sake, I think pic related borders borders would be more fitting since most are already in-game (I'd have to make about ~6 new provinces for the stuff I'm thinking about, which is a lot of provinces IMO), so 4 of these new provinces would be for the proposed Jefferson State, which should happen after the USA annexes that shitton of Mexican clay. I could also add a new irredentist decision to annex Alaska and form Greater Cascadia or whatever and MAYBE I could add a new culture to the area, Cascadian, as to represent the many immigrants which came from mainland USA and Canada, them being Yankees doesn't really fit the whole Cascadian theme. Maybe also a Californian culture for California in order to replace the current Yankees, that's kinda dumb. But for this I'd have to remove some of the stupid, useless black African cultures literally nobody gives a shit about

The other stuff I'm thinking about is a small overhaul for Hawaii, give em a little bit more flavor, 2 more provinces (Maui and Kauai) and the Paniolos, which are Hawaiian Cowboys from California (tradegood changes from fish to cattle in Hawaii Island)

So im Trying to get into Aurora 4x, and my autism is very pleased with the ship design, and even the interface. Hell even I see it easy to play on the start, just have to look how everything works in the wiki.

But between the 30000km/s missiles on the start, and people saying Distant Worlds is better, im not sure if i should keep playing this.
Is there a lot of difference between them? Wont Distant world be worse for playing in my toaster laptop?

I just want comfy xeno purgin', thats all…

Possible, but you should at least try it. It is no a top of the tier game graphically.
That said Distant Worlds is supposedly good, but is still a normal video. Aurora is the rela spreadsheet autism simulator and you seem to enjoy the shit out of it, so why stop now?

a normal video game*

The fucking supply system in HOI 3 makes no fucking sense. How can a province that's farther away from the supply depot be getting all of it's supplies.

I just hate geting into a game that I like at first but then it ends up being a horrible bug ridden garbage, with shitty AI, or just really shallow.

The same happened when I tried HOI3 and realised 4 was going to be even worse.

Scandies are my puppets.
I'm filthy rich due to selling the Russians the provinces from their civil war with the Gnommies.
3 tech teams due to spamming IC.

Wat do?
Denmark is German ally as is Vodkaland.
I'm at war with Bongistanis annexed norcucks but can do shit due to their navy. I built a few submarines and discovered that Fins are more proficient with floating bathtubs than subs.

Correction, Vodkas are just guaranteed by Germany.
Try to provoke the bear into attacking?

what would be good amount of craftsmen in vic2? 20%? 25%? 30%? As many as possible?

Bretty ebin.

*farts*

Humorous and original tbh

Prove this isn't cuckchan copypasta.

Just filter&report. It's leftypol sperging becouse of wrongthink. And of course people having fun.

No.

You don't NEED an OoB, and it certainly takes less much less than an hour to make one. Maybe 10 mins if you are playing as the Soviets.

It's way worse user. In HoI3 you set your IC distribution to automatic and put whatever you want on the queue. Done. In HoI4 you manually assign every single factory and need to mathematically calculate out how many factories to put on each thing to give you the correct ratio of equipment for your divisions. Tedious bullshit.

Just keep reporting guys

Because infrastructure/rebels/weather/tech/geography. You are gonna have to get more specific about your problem user.

do you have jade dragon? Unless the mod has been updated it probably won't work.

I like it.
Although, Having the Oregon State independent, under the influence of the US at first wouldn't really make sense. If anything, it was more HBC-influenced than American-influenced at first, but steadily became more American-influenced through the years.
The Treaty of 1818 gave both Britain and the US "joint control" of the area, and it would be contested by both since.
Americans called it Oregon Territory, British called it Columbia. I'd suggest making the entire territory, from 42° to 54°40'N contested land. Like this, there's no reason for HBC to "give" land up.
In 1843, though, the Provisional Government of Oregon was finally formed, as the settlers from both US and HBC sought to take administration into their own hands. This is when it could be considered an independent country, but considering it's options to join the US.
Making the land just uninhabitable or already owned by Britain until then is just laziness on Paradox's part. How you would make it like a "joint occupation", I don't know, but I'd have an event fire to form the nation of Oregon Country on July 5, 1843 which has a choice of either being a vassal of the US, or independent. If vassal, it becomes the Oregon Territory and the Oregon Treaty event in 1846 would obviously simply divide the lands at the 49° as usual, and maybe you could make Columbia annexed by HBC at this time.

The Rockies were always seen as the territory's boundaries, so make sure to include all provinces west of them as at least cores. Everything in pic 1 should be cores at the outset.
And by the way, the capital of the Provisional Government was called Oregon City. Not Portland.

As far as flags, Oregon has a beaver on the back side of it's state flag you can use. The Provisional Government even issued Beaver Coins shortly before it was disbanded, so it's liable for the Beaver to be the national symbol for a time. Then, there's the commonly known Cascadia Doug flag. And then there's several ideas for NatSoc flags, notably the tricolor chosen by the Northwest front. Here's a swastika that I've seen shooped on the flag at one point, though I don't have the image myself. How many/what kinds of flags do you need?

Here's also the state seal of the Provisional Government, seal of the Oregon Territory after 1848, when it became a defacto part of the US, and the original Oregon Coat of Arms.

Fuck the bear republic, I want the salmon dictatorship

What about these?

Looks neat. I appreciate the flipped Northwest Front tricolor for the commies.

I'll post pics tomorrow, too lazy to boot wandows.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaAaAaAaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaa aa aaaa aaa aa a

I enjoy both but I'd recommend Distant Worlds overall. You don't get the autistic joy of fiddling with your missiles until they explode xenos just the way you like, but I feel DW's got a little more going on grand strategy-wise than Aurora which pushes it over the edge.

Distant Worlds has the benefits of a graphical interface while not being casualized like Stellaris is and pretty challenging and diverse if you include the myriad of mods.

Thanks, these are very helpful.
Now about Oregon/Columbia, COL -or Columbia District- has already got cores all over the Cascadian area, what I had in mind was to make it a substate of the HBC -if possible- (HBC would have cores all over the area, but COL would control them) AND have them be under the influence of the USA. Also the USA would have cores all over the Oregon state, just to make things a bit more fucky as to represent the contested territory and USA's extreme territorial claims bordering Alaska (Beyond the 54°40'.)
In 1843 (for whatever reason I still don't know yet, could use a bit more insight) COL changes its tag to ORE, the provisional government of Oregon, AND it'd either be free, a vassal of the USA OR a vassal of the HBC.

If vassal of either, ORE would be split between the USA and HBC in 1846 as per usual, if independent, nothing happens.
An independent ORE would be able to form CSD -or Cascadia- and claim some new Northern Californian provinces I'm going to add (San Buenaventura, Del Norte and Trinity) plus Alaska through an irredentist decision requiring jingoism and military might as part of the requirements.

Any feedback?

Also, I'm gonna try adding the Welland canal and make the North American Great Lakes navigable.

Im trying to declare war on the netherlands for my cores (vicky 2 just in case), homever the game wont let me click when im in the window that shows the casus bellis and call ally options, i checked and my relationship is below 60.
Anyone knows what might be happening?

No more war modifier?

o shidd :–DD

Nice

Can someone explain this to me?

I dont have any modifiers like that as far as im aware, did the game glitch?

Great Lakes are now navigable. They were not, probably due to paracuck's lazyness.

Neat. They played such a big part in the war of 1812 it seems strange that they weren't.

No its because thats like 7 more naval bases for the USA which would make their navy OP as fuck.

Actually it's 4

I lied, it's 6. I-I don't think this should be in the game.

Fun fact: The US is inherently overpowered. There’s nothing you can do to stop us. Except, apparently, prevent “claim land” casus bellis from being visible if you don’t have a jingoist government in power (which they’ve done in the new world order cold war expansion mod).

yeah, depth is really tedious bullshit

I don't even know why I'm replying.

If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

Wew how shit are you at HOI3 you have to go out of your way to try and explain how shit it is? I share a board with faggots like this, fuck yourself.

Creating a chain of command and when there is zero resistance left turning on the AI and watching your units go is pretty fun.

Are the Supreme Ruler games any good?

they are good in the beggining when you don't know what to do, when you learn the quirks of the game you just steamroll everyone as Lichtenstein in the first year of the game

by the way, everything is scripted and there is no flexible AI or anything, the AI is always going to do what it is scripted to do and the game is going to always go a historical path
(sorry for doubleposting)

white and based

CK2 really is no fun when you're at the mercy of the AI. Fuck this.

What pisses me off about the game is the constant revolts, I'm pretty sure most great empires did not fall because its ministers wanted more council power every decade.

This makes me think, if you could modify, remove or add a feature from Victoria II with a mod, what would it be?

Great Britain.

Not shit combat.

good implementation of WWI

Interesting colonial options for the CSA.

Is there any point in building things in EU3?
The bonuses seem really minor for the cost even when accounting for future profit, especially in distant territories.

I guess fortresses are useful for shitholes that don't have them, but is there anything else?

Whaling was such a important industry all the way up to WW2 yet is mentioned fuck all in Vicky 2.

You best be joking nigga

How would you improve it? More and different units? Sieging that makes more sense? More control on combat outcome? Different multipliers for the efficiency of your troops? Men of the hour? Cowards, foreign agents and deserters?

I was kind of thinking about this. Why would they implement Tank and Airplane divisions if they're so unrealistically impossible to use within the time frame before the vanilla game's end date? And why won't the combat evolve to trench warfare?

Betcha it's cause it's insensitive and all. Pogroms, discrimination and pollution should be big parts of the game.

Such as?

why is this shit so Overpowered? do the devs of kaiserreich realy not think this trough?

1. they're commies
2. HoI4 is shit

It's a beta and not finished yet? And it's not like any hoi game was ever balanced, you can't have that with a historical gsg.

Get out.

because you're an idiot with no arguments ;)

Please don't post that gay shit here.

a faction system, so you can create things like the central powers

I want to see armies function closer to the newer total war games where you can set up a general outline for the armies organization and they will keep themselves roughly in that shape but done in a way that doesn't remove the complexity of army building basically I get really sick of having to shuffle around infantry divisions because of fucking jacobins again. I also want more control over actual engagements than just moving your blob into the same province as the enemy blob, give us some sort of option on how they should engage in the battle so we can do things like sending a pure cavalry force to do something like raid supply lines giving the enemy army a debuff for when we move in to engage with a real army, or when you know it's hopeless leave a division or two behind to cover the retreat of the rest. Anything to get more player involvement in the battle itself really. But really it would be best if it just booted up napoopan when you got into a battle

Honest question.
I've been playing for a bit, but I'm still pretty new to everything.

How about giving each unit type a specific terrain where they outperform the others or constraint to their uses (i.e. Cavalry getting combat bonuses from open fields or Artillery having more accuracy when defending from specific tiers of forts) AND a mission that a specific stack can be sent to do (like you said, harassing the flanks, guerilla warfare, holding the line etc.) which heavily changes the combat bonuses?

atleast you can not give it 100 national focuses that annexes entire nations and give you gabjilion factories

perhaps more unit types so you can make specialized armies

that's probably because most emporers weren't stupid enough to give people who hated them positions of power

Non-retarded combat AI

The problem is more with the AI being incapable of defending and expanding efficiently when not guided by events. I was playing a count in Saxony in the Charly start and boy does it suck.

Salmon dictatorship.

You want the land line in a few provinces, recruit every troop from them. -recruitment cost also makes them save on maintenance forever if recruited from the province (applies retroactively if you build the building after recruiting). Same for the ships and docks.

Production line is almost always good so long as the province is decent, as is docks 1.

Trade is good once you control a trade zone, especially if you monopolize. Once you unlock Trade 5/6 make sure to rush them everywhere and they'll break the game (+1% national trade income and +1% trade efficiency affects your entire empire for each province you have one in).

Government line is kind of bad unless you plan to take lots of stab hits. e.g. if you are non-western and want to westernize, spam them. Its possible to get your stability cost next to zero which lets you westernize the instant its available.

Also take Patron of Art and maximize the usage of this event (eu3.paradoxwikis.com/Prospering_times) to get easy max cultural tradition and infinite 5/6 star advisors. Otherwise manufactories aren't terribly important since if you can afford them you probably don't need even more income.

BTW use the ledger to build buildings. You can sort by e.g. province tax and place buildings where they'll give the most tax bonus. It's basically the same functionality EU4 has but slightly hidden.

Which one looks better?

To me, the second one. The thickness and shading make it look better, like it's something that would be sewn onto a flag.

First one, looks more like what you would see in an uniform or shitty flag from the era.
Also.
Dictator salmon>commie bear>foot fetish snake

Impossible, this is a Paracuck game. You'd best just overpowering its units with free stacks and randomized pathfinding than expecting them to get human-like.

Better alliances. I was playing as Greece today and Russians steamrolled Turks for me. They didn't even want anything in return either. It's way too easy to abuse your buddies and force them to fight your wars time and time again.

Troops cost less to maintain if I keep them in the province they were first recruited in?
What the hell, I'd never guess that.

Thanks lad.

Also, are vassals better than just land grabbing or outright annexing?
Last time I played I ended up with some 5-6, although they were mostly useless during wars.

Perhaps a system could be implemented where each nation (or at least all GPs and regional powers) has an "agenda" so to speak, some of which can be gained from the relationship with them and whether you're in the same alliance or not and some of it secret or that some sort of spy network could unveil. Maybe this could also move the numerical, absolute YES/NO answer they have to everything, so that if you for example wanted to go to war with the Ottomans, a set of variables within Russia's agenda will trigger their decision to intervene and a proposed war goal of their own. Also I believe that the way peace deals are done is absolutely retarded, it's good that a GP has more importance than any other state but it always feels like allied members gain barely anything from it.

No, no.

Maintenance is based on build cost. Your troops "remember" where they were built (it's in the save file). If you build a troop in london, and you have a building in london that reduces unit cost, it will cost less to maintain wherever it is on the map. If you build another building in london to reduce the cost further, all units that were built in london now cost even less to maintain. It's even better with ships where you can get maintenance down really far.

It mostly has to do with getting more land for less infamy when you don't have a good CB that reduces infamy, where just annexing an OPM will give you a ton. PUs tend to be better than vassals because you can PU countries at any size. Just watch the notification and claim throne, or fabricate a claim with a spy (on the capital). PUs are really abusable in EU3.

However unlike EU4 there is no relation cap, so you can just vassal swarm anyone and it kind of works alright.

The more I think of it the more I realize how shitty and simple the game is. Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time modding for this game. But at least its fun, sometimes.

A ‘world jewry’ mechanic, semi-hidden from the player, that describes and shapes jewish (read: international) behavior against your nation based on what you do. If you do things the jews like, you suddenly will have more allies and better trade. If you do things they don’t like, your budget starts getting fucked, you can’t get loans, and insurgencies pop up. Even (fellow) GPs will start getting casus bellis on you to bring you into the world economic market.

Huh. That's pretty useful.
I'll keep all of that in mind.

And I guess I'm going to get a gorillion vassals/PUs since it seems faster and easier to secure things that way.

They're gonna try and do something with the Soviet tree later to make it better. Right now they are focusing on making Arabia and Italy make more sense.

I have hopes that Cornflakes will make HOI4 and KR4 a bit more tolerable for /gsg/ I have low enough standards to have fun with it.

They'll have to do better than that

fucking why

Because current KR devs are fucking faggots and HOI4 is a trash game

What the fuck was wrong with the original KR Italian divide

>gee dulce why does your mom let you have two sicilies?

FUUKUU YUU AMERIKA-SAN

First one looks more like the Salmon from I think

Okay I've sorta devised a timeline of events for our beloved OREGON:

Start as COL - Columbia District of the HBC

Champoeg Meetings discussing an attempt to establish a centralized government in Fort Vancouver, Washington after the death of wealthy trader Erwing Young; could be event to inherit his money.

Meetings conclude in the formation of the Provisional government of Oregon; Will be given the choice to form the provisional government of Oregon (at the expense of losing the northern territories, which will be incorporated to the HBC), be incorporated to the HBC (tag changes to HBC) or remain as an unincorporated territory of the HBC. Note that Cascadia will only be formed by either ORN (Oregon) or JEF (Jefferson state)
ORN (Oregon) will be comprised of the actual states of Oregon, Washington and Idaho, with a small chunk of Wyoming and Montana. Will be under both the influence of the USA and ENG
Also note that Oregon will get cores all over the Columbia district area, and so will the USA and HBC, this will be the contested territory.

The Oregon Treaty, USA loses any cores north of the 49° parallel, HBC loses any cores south of the 49° parallel, COL loses ALL cores, the usual stuff. Oregon becomes USA's sphereling.

USA diplomats arrive in Oregon, giving you the choice of becoming their vassal or remaining independent (which, IMO, should escalate to war, what do you guys say?)

If the player decided to become USA's vassal, the USA creates the state of Washington, efficiently annexing Oregon's northern half.

Oregon becomes a state of the union. If you're a vassal, this is your last chance for freedom. You're probably going to be annexed, nobody said this was going to be easy.

A few things I would consider.
First, the Oregon Provisional Government was pretty much independent except for the phrase "until such a time as the US would extend it's jurisdiction over us" in the constitution, which was added only last minute on the irl by the insistence of some Methodist faggots. I think there should be debate on whether this phrase is added or not, which really decides whether US has claim to annex (They're still going to do it regardless) and whether Oregon would lose land in the North during Oregon Treaty, right? What do you think? Or are we just assuming that the line will be in the constitution no matter what?

I don't think refusing to become a vassal should trigger an escalation to war, as there was common sentiment in the US that Oregon could be independent, even among Presidents, of course. I would rather it be a relation decrease which might lead to war, depending on the AI. US should still have cores there, so war is pretty much inevitable.

Washington became a state well after Oregon, so making them a state first makes no sense.

A few things I think would be good to add:

Service by Requirement at the outset is historically accurate.

Add event in 1844 that abolishes slavery, removes all nogs, and blocks all nog immigration.

>Beaver Coins
Minted in 1849 to fix the ongoing currency problem shortly after the Californian Gold Rush opened a serious trading partner. As such, they had much more gold in them than US coins. Not sure how you'd implement this, but this should help fix the horrific economic situation Oregon will probably be in at the start of the game a little.

I think it's better to assume it's gonna be in the constitution, IMO an event in 1843 deciding whether or not should those Methodist faggots have a say on USA's jurisdiction could pretty much negate every other future Oregonian event; also what malus could I possibly add for that event? There's no religious distinctions between protestants (in game) so making every protestant pop have an increased consciousness and militancy to represent those pissed Methodists wouldn't make sense.

Maybe refusing to join the union could remove your sphereling status.

Sure

I could overhaul the pops in Oregon as to make them more realistic (adding more Canadians, both anglo and frog, slaves and a bit more yankees)

Sure, it could give the country a bonus to tariff, tax and admin efficiency.

Also, I wanted to ask, what parts of Oregon produce wheat? I know they supplies wheat to California during and after the Mexican-American war. Currently Oregon has no wheat-producing provinces, only timber and fish. I'll change Oregon city's tradegood to precious goods as to represent furs, so that province is out.

Also these are ORN's flags.

The biggest problem at the time was the biggest minority, the injuns. There was even a war Oregon took part in when they were independent, the Cayuse War, after which the Cayuse were almost genocided and eventually put in reservations with the other injuns.

yeah but ain't doing that shit, at least it's going to my to-do list.

I'd modify NWO to not be so shit

Why the new tag? There is an Oregon State tag in the game

Yes, you can edit defines.lua to make war goals cost exponentially less, but that lowers the EFFORT required to get them, which leads to CPUs creating totally fucked up borders. I just wish warscore could require the same effort but be stackable ad infinitum.
The text overflowing outside the box would flash left and right on the screen constantly

Yeah I just noticed that when I was adding the country. Was it ever implemented?

I guess the problem is that the AI is schizophrenic and doesn't have an actual plan to go by other than fucking with you. Would probably benefit if it had hardcoded and randomized "goals" so that it feels more natural, i.e. Russia wants to establish dominance over Eastern Europe by ways of assimilation or satellite countries, or it could eschew that for an economy based game). Would also make the game more fun if a significant number, or at least the GPs + some couple of lucky countries had this sort of behavior imposed unto them.

This could be easily fixed if whatever algorithm chooses war goals for the AI took notice of whether or not their country borders with their own, whether or not the POP will be assimilated, whether it can colonize, whether it's a strategic spot (so instead of annexing random bits of Egypt they'd go immediately for the richest or most chokepointy regions), whether they can just enforce political demands etc. instead of lol pick randum probinge :DD

Second ACW

Shut up, neo-nazi

is Aurora grand strategy?

Shut up, Bolshevik

Are there any mods that are compatible with the newest version of CKII? All of the ones in the pastebin MEGA folder are outdated.

Ah, but that would require effort put into the coding, user. Paradox isn't a fan of that anymore.

Speaking of which, why isn't there a casus belli (or national decision) that you can use (or fire) which REMOVES foreign cores from your nation? The nation in question would be given the opportunity to declare war upon your choice (as a last ditch to get them back).

Holy fucking shit, legitimately commit suicide.

t. nazi scum

Anyone successfully play any gsg using wine? The appdatabases say they're all playable but I'm trying to play HOI 3 but it's not even launching, Victoria 2 crashes on startup and Darkest Hour manages to run for a few minutes but crashes. I'm not missing any DLL's or atleast I don't think so. Should I be using the development version instead of the stable? I'm using Mint 17.3 would I have better luck with a newer distro?

No, but maybe You should try out Liquor, worked pretty well for Me.

Liquorix kernel? Didn't know it existed, gonna do some reading before install I don't want to break shit. Thanks bruv.

why does china get all this?
they have tech 2 levels behind me too

BELIEVABLE WORLDS

It's daa jooooos

Doppel Negger.

Well yea, it is.

Is stellaris playable?
Is it possible to make it with mods?
Why is it a shit game?

It is playable in vanilla, homever its incredibly bland and uninteresting after the early game, wich is actually pretty dope.

It's probably because "cores" are basically just areas of your own nation that your main POP lives in or has invaded for so long that they practically think of the people living there as their own. They could make a "force migration" CB (which was not that unlikely, considering that's what the T*rks and the Soviets did to Eastern Europe) where you force a good chunk of the region's population to go back into the defender's population, another chunk gets killed off and the rest are considered part of the non accepted POP while the main POP becomes your own.

Can I prevent one of my children from inheriting a duchy by granting him a single province and then making him independent?
Also, if I give someone a tribal holding and then make him independent would he become a tribal ruler himself even though I'm feudal?

If in doubt, Gavelkind will fuck you.
The tribal shit might work but if he inherits your stuff he'll return to feudal afaik.

Because cores aren't a physical thing you can remove. Despite every peace treaty in history having the losing side renounce any claim to lost land for all eternity, they can always ignore this and use retaking their former land as a CB. Only way to stop this is some kind of 1984-style rewriting of history so that no one even knows it was owned by previous generations.

*farts*

You had one simple job to do.

At this point I just hide and disregard any post with just an image.

Will Paradox ever release their Clausewitz engine so people can actually make decent games from it?

I had a Chink Emperor that "liked Germanic cultures" and "disliked Jews". BELIEVABLE WORLDS.

did you ever play a gsg?

lol

I'm fucking sick of this.

What are they doing to glorious nippon?

They added a couple of the clans and gave them turbo military ideas. Not that its really matters since you can unite Japan before 1500 if you aren't retarded.

What a disappointment, I can't find a way for the HBC to release Oregon as an independent nation, seems like dominions can't release independent nations via events.
We're gonna have to make do with a releasable Oregon, I've seriously tried everything in my power to make the independent Oregon events possible, but they just ain't happening, which is a shame.
I'm butthurt atm.

Could anyone with knowledge modding vicky2 lend me a hand?

Can't you release as a vassal then have an event a day later removing vassalization?

I'm kinda reluctant to change the way HBC works since it's tied to a shitton of events, maybe an event removing its substate status would break the game/event continuity.
I thought about making them independent, but you can't make them a dominion again via events since there's no code for that shit (just for normal vassals, no substates)

What's a real shame is that I can't make Oregon pop up outta fucking nowhere from the empty provinces.

Paradox should just make Ottomans Universalis already, with exclusive young boy fucking mechanics.

Anyway, here's another version. I'm done for today.
I probably won't make any other releases until next year.

mega.nz/#!ZsVhxB6Y!60sfoWXrxDR73U-NFhfPc53e8tDOI5gZYxW1wnGgxGU
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq

This hateful anti-Muslim slur will not stand on our fine board, sir! I respectfully disagree with this representation of the peaceful and culturally highly developed Ottoman Empire!

What command are you trying to use? Release or release vassal? Is Oregon an existing nation or just the provinces owned by HBC?

secede_province

Hold the fuck up, release works/exists? I'm gonna try it with that.

Lad… release = tag or release_vassal = tag

Yeah it works, thanks user. Sadly I won't do shit till next year, got some holidays to enjoy.

You can now play Oda clan which are basically Prussia + reduced coring cost.

Saw it coming and I still clicked it. God fucking damn it.

Oh coo-
What the fuck. This breaks the game.

And "cores" are a shit mechanic for this in-game. Cores are also responsible for being unable to fucking convert pops. And since there aren't any reliable genocide event mods, you have to either fuck with the conversion rate or manually delete cores from your save. This is fucking insane.

You get banned for saying 'remove kebab' on alternatehistory.com. But then again, any statement on any topic made to the right of the Soviet Union circa 1989 is grounds for instant banning there.

Was that site ever good?

I mean… where the fuck else can you have high level discussions about alternate history events? Can't do it on Holla Forums anymore (in 2014-15 it would have been possible), and anywhere else on the Internet bans all right-wing thought anyway. I don't know of anything else.

I certainly have no idea, my friend. But I've heard of the rampant modcuckery and the shittiness of Ian the Admin there.

create your own board here nigger

Is EU: Rome any good? Are there any big/good mods for it?

Well, it's not like you need good NIs to break the game. They are an OPM and one of the worse religions in the game.

Anyway let me show you how they break the game. -province warscore cost is pretty insane for feeding vassals. Here I took over 300 development in one war.

In sum, their NIs are: +10% morale +10% infantry combat ability to start, +10% goods produced, -10% core cost and -10% province warscore cost, +1 shock. +1 siege, +10% fire damage, -5% tech cost, +20% manpower, +1 fire.

It's proto EU3:divine wind but it has numerous interesting mechanics that aren't present in any other paradox game like a pop system and certain types of goverments needing approval for diplomatic actions.

Has a great Neo-Nazi has his mind transported back in time and takes the place of Hitler story. Called "An extremely enthusiastic Hitler". He does things right, but also it is realy detailed about the histrrical situations and the evolution of the german army and how it fights.

Or for more traditional alternate history their is a great one of the Greek revolution (from the ottomans) which it looks like the Greeks avoid the civil war they had historically called "Pride Goes Before a Fall: A Revolutionary Greece Timeline"

Its a real shame the bad moderation has driven off some of their best board members.

So what happened to greece there?

Basically the battle of Devernka goes differently, the christian Albanians arnt detected before they sneak into the Turkish camp and are able to do real damage. This cause butterflies, making the Greek war effort better, which in turn mean the Greek financial situation is better, and that combined with a bit more success means tensions between the the Greeks are able to be managed. Also the disastrous foreign loans the Greeks got historically are on slightly better terms.

This is the Greek situation as of the last update, they have managed to blunt the egyption onslaught in morea, and the great [powers have intervened. They have forced the Egyptians to withdraw and as they were garrisoning Crete as well the Greeks have basically taken over the cities as the Egyptians leave, due to the Philhellenic representatives of the great powers blatantley favoring them.

I would understand giving different ideas to a clan in northern Japan and one in Kyushu, but why the hell give turbo powers to clans who usually only reigned independent for short periods, having one or two notable figures, before vanishing back to obscurity? There weren't cultural or ideological differences between most of them, they just disagreed who gets to be the top Nip.

Instead, they should make the imperial court into a fucking game mechanic

Did the uprising in constantinople failed in this timeline too?
Also, post link please.

I think it did fail. As did the other Greek revolts in the Balkans

alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/pride-goes-before-a-fall-a-revolutionary-greece-timeline.429475/

I think you can only read it with an account.

Also a key happening is the survival of George Canning as prime minister as he is much more pro Greek that wellington. As wellington was historically against Greece getting Samos and Crete. Combined with the extent of greek territory, they should get them in this Timeline. As in real life when the great powers intervened the Greek state had been reduced to a small strip of land in Argos and Corinth.

The extra land should enable them to hopefully avoid defaulting on the slightly better loans they have taken, as opposed to real history where they went bankrupt and it cause endless economic troubles that plagued the Greek state.

The greek independence war was such a sad shitshow, man.
It also depopulated most of central greece, didnt it?

Another timeline you might be interested in is "King Theodore's Corsica"

alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/king-theodores-corsica.419096/

About a minor German noble and conman/debtor who historically was inspired to join the cause of the Corsican rebellion and was briefly the king of Corsica.

In the timeline his scheme to get dutch supplies for his army illegally works and he is able to do much better. Interestingly it could have worked in real life too, as the dutch were very sympathetic to his and the Corsican cause. It captured the imagination of a lot of people in Europe at the time.

So much so that you have the hilarious situation that Neapolitan counterfeit coins of The brief Corsican currency Theodore started were being sold as souvenirs. And they actually were much better quality and with much higher precious metal content than the real thing!

Heh, its like the exploits of gregor mcgregor.

Yeah i think so, but i believe the worst happened in Morea actually, Cause of the brutality of the Egyptians (Ibrahim Pasha the leader and son of the guy running egypt)

He was so bad that it was popular in Europe to talk about "Barbarisation" a supposed egyptian plan to kill and enslave all the greek population and replace them with loyal Muslims from Egypt and elsewhere. Its not know if this was a real plan but that people thought it was likely at the time just show the level of brutality we are talking about in their treatment of the Greeks.

Who gave that nigger pearls and a headband?

The Corsican had it really bad, throughout the rebellion historically they wernt even really fighting for independence, they were angling for the Spanish or the french to take over, and if that had been offered to them they would have instantly accepted.

The Genoese were not only stupidly brutal and oppressive to the Corsican. Its their rank incompetence which made them all the worse.

Who is that?

A scot soldier that went to fight in the venezuelan war of independence and managed to scam everybody involved (including brits) out of great ammounts of monies and got venezuelan patriots killed.
He also created a fictional kingdom and sold plots of land.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_MacGregor

Yeah ive read a bit about it, but found it too depressing to keep going
.>>13978616
Why were they treated like that?

Interesting, ill have to look him up.

But from what you said i think they are a bit different, as i get the impression that Theodore did actually care about the Corsican cause.

My understanding is that they firstly just wernt great administrators of the island, but that more generally as Genoa declined (along with all the Italian city states) they tried to extract more and more from the Corsicans to make up for it. Leading to eventual almost comical oppression, like demanding twenty years back takes from the penniless Corsicans and stuff.

taxes, not takes

Oda is pretty much THE most important clan for the Sengoku period. If anyone deserve OP NIs its them.

I do agree in general, but Jap history of all the clans is well documented and they already have their own sort of stereotypical characteristics taken from other games/media about the period, so it's easy to put together a set of NIs compared to random muslim shithole in Arabia #10.

I fucking hate paracucks so goddamn much. I felt like playing Stellaris so I pirated one of the new versions and they went and removed the purge button because it wasn't balanced for multiplayer since you can just kill off all the pops that are being a pain in the ass but now if you want to enslave xenos you have to have a million fucking planets to send them all to because you can't just get rid of a few anymore you either kill all the xenos or none of them. I can't believe how fucking assbackward their "fixes" to these multiplayer problems always are.

But is it any good? I need me some good shit set in classic antiquity. I read somewhere about this Epigony mod adding eastern nations and shit on the Hindu Kush, that sounds fucking neat.

Multiplayer is the key to all of this.

I don't know why they focus so much on the fucking multiplayer when 90% of their player base doesn't fucking play it. All they do anymore is ruin their games with retarded multiplayer bullshit and turk buffs because some people can still rebuild the Roman Empire if they get lucky and the planets align.

why are they so obsessed over multiplayer? I dont get it

They play multiplayer in their office and can't conceive that most people don't. Also it's probably an excuse to nerf stuff they don't like, such as white countries.

Oda's sole claim to fame is Oda Nobunaga. One ruler who should get the best stats, but the fact that Oda was only independent for a short while, and disintegrated after Nobunaga died, proves that they didn't have any inherentadvantage over other clans, IMO. Nor a different culture or anything. I could understand it if maybe the Ikko-Ikki were formable, then they could have different NI's due to a drastically different ideology, but Oda has nothing of the sort as far as I am aware. This just smacks of Paracucks trying to add artificial depth in the shallowest way possible rather than actually creating a mechanic for one of the most popular historical settings of the period. What pisses me off even more is that they already attempted to do Japan in EU3 and in Sengoku, so couldn't they have just copy-pasted some of that shit over?

All NIs make basically no sense historically. I'd be totally in favor of getting rid of all of them. EU3's sliders were a way better way to do it. But it's clear Paradox considers NIs to be a set of buffs to be distributed according to the stereotypical specializations of a tag and powered up/down depending on random game balance inclinations. There's a lot of stereotypical specializations of various clans in Japan, so they get lots of special NIs.

Japan basically needs a CK2 or at least EU:Rome system to properly model it, but it's EU4 and everything has to fit in EU4 systems. In EU4 terms it would be Oda that united Japan and his successors would be more like a dynasty change/pretender since there's no EU4 mechanic for a clan to absorb multiple other clans who without a battle.

That is even more retarded than them ruining their games on purpose to spite their player base.

Like all non-mainline paradox games it's half baked and has lots of issues of it's own, unlike Crusader Kings 1 it's very much playable but if you've grown accustomed to features in EU3 they might not be present in the actual game. However, it's worth pirating to at least see what they attempted to do.

It is with RotA. You can meme it up with Magna Terra but its a buggy mess

What are some better grand strategy medieval games? I really liked the political gameplay of CK2 but the individual stats are broken and kind of ruin it for me. How can I make my warlord like this?

Thanks for reminding me

Sounds cool, I'm gonna try it out.

So what's the best meme mod combination? Just RotA?

RotA fills the map up but also fucks with the core gameplay in some bad ways. Play vanilla first. Magna Terra keeps to vanilla mostly but also crashes a lot.

I've tried to find the former story, but it definitely isn't listed under that name. Could you link it directly?

Like a chubby girl in a swimsuit?

I'm sold (pirating).

i only managed to make darkest hour work

So while I ws playing vic 2 with hpm mod as austria-hungary. I had all of the italian states in my sphere and none of them had rebels or anything(I had four armies in northern italy, just in case some italian rebels popped up anywhere. But one day suddenly italy formed without warning, with florence as the capital and papal states was reduced to one province(they even lost their over seas areas near ethiopia to italy. Naturally I declared war on italy as soon as possible. But why did it form? do italians have their equivalent of crown from gutter even? I also noticed that sqavoy(I conquered sardinia from them to make them back into secondary power) and two sicilies no longer have cores anywhere. so I guess my plan is to liberate other italian minors and conquer southern italy sans sicily. I already conquered turin from italy. How unfortunate, I really didn't want to conquer them, but sadly, I have no choice.

You might also want to try Epigoni mod. It doesn't add anything new to the barbaric areas (those mostly remain same as in vanilla, ie. empty) but it improves area around Mediterranean Sea. It adds historical characters, new provinces to Greece, Italy, North Africa, Anatolia and expands the map to the borders of India in the east. It also features earlier starting dates and Diadochi wars.

Fucking nigger had it coming for opposing Caesar

seconding

How early? Roman monarchy? Etruscans?

I think the earliest date is 306 BC.

Re-phrasal:
How am I supposed to build my character into a killing machine with these shitty mechanics fucking everything up.

How do people expand in EU:Rome? I annihilated their fleet and occupied all of Carthage but could only take like 5 provinces.

Managing the politics and whatnot was fun but this obstacle kinda ruins the game.

alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/an-extremely-enthusiastic-hitler-si.421177/

Here it is, but remember you have to have an account to it.

The bit about the financial warfare department and how Germany is secretly in enormous debt and is using pozi schemes and stuff to hide it, cause they dont care about getting found out as long as it happens after the war starts.

This was started due to Self insert Hitler being aware that the abwehr is useless and traitorous. and when he finds an excuse to purge it (one of their historical fuck ups) they are able to recover evidence the abwer had of the soviet buildup. With this evidence Nu-Hitler is able to convince his cabinet to consider themselves already at war and take drastic preemptive military buildup, essentially trying to startup the total war economy before even declaring war.

Ment to say "I'm reading" at the start of the post

tfw no thicc Byzantine Greek gf

Is that a vanilla event, somethimg from HFM or user edits?

I'm having trouble loading a new campaign with EU4, using the Godlike rulers, Extended Timeline and one other mod I can't remember. once I load the new campaign it shuts down.

trying running it without one of the mods, keep switching which mod you turn off, until you isolate which one is causing the problem.

I don't get it. Since when does Alternate History have user-view-only threads? Fully half the categories are not allowed to be viewed by non-registered users; unregistered can view the mundane Before 1900, After 1900, Finished Timelines & Scenarios, Books & Media and Maps & Graphics forums. But they can't see the Writers' Forum, Alien Space Bats and Other Magic (where Hitler's brain replacement lives,) Fandom AH (popular media what-iffery) and Shared Worlds, for some reason. They aren't even indexed in search engines.

Its been like that for quite a while now I think. Dunno why they bothered really.

Sorry for sounding like a retard, but how do I play with 2 mods? Wanna play with Epigoni and Magna Terra

is there a mod of warhammer fantasy for a GS game? i know there is one for CK2 but i dont want to bother whit it since CK2 is like The Sims whit politics, not much country management and also because the pastebin game download leads to some russian page (thanks again turkslayer for fucking up the MEGA)

EU Rome has one of the longest time periods of any other GSG take your time, remember, it took 3 wars with Rome for Carthage to stop existing.

It's 249 years, less than CK and EU.

You select them both. As long as they can work with each other.

Do you think that’s Paradox’s retarded justification for being unable to annex a nation’s capitol state in Vicky II until all other states are gone?

But it's a drop down menu, can't select both. Trying to play with rota & magna terra

That's to prevent situations of moving the capital, which can fuck up events and other mechanics.

e.g. Capital getting moved to America would give massive immigration bonuses while getting moved to Africa would make the CBs that partition Africa usable.

Annexing capital before other parts can be argued to be somewhat unrealistic but what if capital blocks rest of the country from invader?

Does anyone have a link to that autistic af thing where some guy made a list of all his monarchs from his game with a description of every one of them and the history? It was posted a few threads back

>alternatehistory.com

thats a kike propaganda forum though?

Sounds like an excuse for shitty coding, then. Instead of “change_capital ### to ###” or whatever, just make all capitals be independent of event nomenclature, and any event that changes them simply register the move without taking note of the origin. I mean, EU IV and CK2 can fucking handle that. The user can move the capital at any time.

Wouldn’t that be even more unrealistic? Say the capital is the part of the only state to touch the coast, with two or three inland states beyond it. The invader would have to annex the inland states (totally cut off from them as an enclave-exclave) before annexing the coastal capital province. It’s just bullshit overall.

As much as I absolutely dread Vicky III, maybe they’ll fix some of that shit in it.

there is only mod for ck2 and that weird russian site is legit as fuck. just create burn account fam. it has ALL the dlcs in one place and is constantly updated

How would you tell whether a country was American or European then?

youtube.com/watch?v=cB3BekaAaO4

Make a copy of EU: Rome folder. Both Epigoni and Magna Terra modify map so it's impossible to have installed both.

You're telling me this game is so old it doesn't have a module system?

It does have module system just like EU3 but mods which modify map cannot be installed alongside each other. It has something to do with map/cache/province_textures folder inside main EUR directory.

I wouldn't advise denying the holohoax on it if that what you are saying.

>>>/cuckchan/

I always see those "memes" as ways to try to gaslight against masculinity and patriotism to strike the white "enemy" before he will develop standards for glory.

I always get the sense that they guy who makes these is angered by Germania blob posting in a very autistic way.

Germany blob annoys me aswell, cause the whole point of Germany is to have a nation uniting the German people and made up of Germans. But that seems like the opposite of the point that the anti Germany blob poster is trying to make, as they presumably dont like the idea of ethnostates.

There are things worse than german blob.

In case you missed the last 60 years of Marxist brainwashing, the narrative says that the whole point of Germany is to take over the entire world and make lampshades out of jews.

He is my game where i try to get close to perfect Russian borders, was considering eating the rest of Persia and then finishing up my Caucasian borders.

I know what Germany is know, but i meant the original idea of Germany, that people meant when they advocated the creation of a German state.>>13991375

I'm going to be playing HoI3 for the rest of my life, aren't I?

Forget about the Germanics, The Rusmongrel Asianatic must be stopped.

I think you'll find the Balkans are vassals, and only took Tsargrad for myself.

East Asia is just eastern Australia plus some islands that will be necessary for power projection in the region(power projection was a problem even the USSR had), although i did want all of Australia but didn't have the time. The vast resources present were to be my pacific Siberia.

And Manchuria i suppose, but thats pretty standard for an imperial Russia, also gunna be necessary to give strategic depth in the east and to secure a warm water port.

Just looked and found that later i also fucked chian and made korea my bitch.

Hide and report, newfags.

Companymod v2

The war with Rome has been going surprisingly well, owing to my army composition (horse archers are great). It's actually meaningful in this game, unlike the other Paradox GSGs.

That pinkish province at the top are the Nitobroges, an Irish band that invaded Gaul just a few years after I managed to drive away the Cornish Dumnonii. I'm thinking of leaving that province alone and just extracting tribute from whoever currently happens to be settled there. Each uncolonized province has a population which grows over time, and as they get bigger there's a chance that a horde will spawn and head for the nearest civilized province; or the richest as they often skip Gaul and go toards Rome.

How do you play this game?

I was getting worried over my manpower (3600 for 15000 troops) when I realized Rome had literally 0 left.

What do you mean?

Manpower is more important than money in EU: Rome. In vanilla you usually have plenty of cash but lack manpower.

Protip: Send armies through unoccupied land constantly, kill the tribal stacks for slaves that go back to your capital.

Can someone post the decision text for form Arabia from Victoria 2?
I must've fucked it up because when I enact the decision I don't gain any cores.

Horrifying

I even played my first EU3 game in vanilla (with no expansions either).

HELP

Aha, I found your problem.

I'm waiting on the download for Darkest Hour to be finished at the moment so figured I'd have some fun in 4 by amping the Axis bonuses to maximum. I did not expect this fucking steamroller, however.

Build up as high as possible level forts around the coastline Japan has navally invaded you, set your planes and navy to intercept enemy troops and try and boost relations with another Asian country like the Phillipines so that Japan gets preoccupied with taking them down and forgets about you.

Any good mods for it?

I keep fucking up the installation for that Wiz one.

Based Erdogan

MEIOU 2.1
My game as Bannu Rassi, de facto Yemen.
The Islamic empires are damn powerful but I've seen Ottos being defeated by Venice.
Peasant uprisings are damn annoying in this mod. Had like. blobbed quite a lot though

Any tips on how to survive the independence war as greece/epirus on concert of europe?

Ew man, have some taste.

Fuck off Imkikey

Plus I need to have a knife near my enemies heart. You'd be surprised how gelded Persia actually is when Istfan is 1 province away and their capital 2.
Same thing as Mamelukes.
And this is Meiou so there's not much space for mistakes. Especially for low piety, naval nation like me. The ugly borders are for a reason.

cancer
also who owns that green province in ireland?

Also I never realized how tough the lategame of EU:Rome actually was. Literally the only Paradox game in which conquering the entire map is interesting. Since manpower is limited but regiments are cheap, the AI nations that only blob half as much as you eventually build up hundreds more regiments than you can hope to use. And since conquered pops mostly become slaves, all your extra land doesn't help as much and just leaves you an overextended mess trying to use useless mercenaries.

Based

Allah give me strenght

Butler.
The dynastic map is even funnier.

Thats the only good one. I think there is a readme in the archive that could help

*farts*

*sniffs*

GAS THE KIKES
RACE WAR NOW

Well, I see they at least got Arab chimp- I mean politics right.

that pic isnt even a joke most of the people who play ETS2MP are turks

Oh yeah, in meiou Muslims will constantly rebel until you convert them or run them off your country.

Luckily they zerg rushed me so I parked my three star general with 20k troops on a mountain province.

Any good Europa Universalis 3 mods? Preferably one that makes the east specifically Japan more interesting.

have you tried playing sengoku? sure its old as fuck but it works fine

EU3+ adds a shit ton of Japan clans.

Any place to download it from if I have a pirate copy?

The internet, the OP, places like that.

My Europa Universalis 3 crashes when I try to run the "EU3+" mod, it doesn't even display the title screen.

Check the internet to learn where to fucking put mods.
I swear to got, every fucking time. And next you will tell me "But I am putting them int he mod folder! What more do you want from me?!"

Don't try to play JoJo user, and nevermind, I found out that I actually have two EU3's on my computer, an old legal version from a disc without all the DLC that I forgot to delete and I just put the mod in that folder.

New Thread