Sega Europe twitter teasing some PC ports for next year

What could it be?
Take your guesses
Also, CA teased the Tomb Kings DLC for TW Warhammer 2, should be released in January.
archive.is/G3HKQ

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sam_mullen/status/932459315008434176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bayo 2 pretty please

Will they come with Denuvo?
How about undocumented other DRM?

Persona
Yakuza

yakuza

I hope it's Virtua FIghter 5: Final Showdown (preferably with the cut content added back in) or Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram

If it's a port of an older game it won't have Denuvo. If it's a new game or port of a recent release the retards will shove Denuvo in.

Sure they won't.

Fantasy Zone 2 DX would be the tits. Also Jet Set Radio Future, Otogi and Panzer Dragoon Orta. I don't really care about Yakuza.

That game was financed by Nintendo so not likely, a Switch port however…

Skies of Arcadia with the music quality of the original and updates of Legends.

So which ones do you think have a chance?
Yakuza
AfterBurner Climax
Condemned 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Tennis
Shining Force
Daytona USA (arcade port from SEGA Racing Classic cab)
Initial D Arcade Stage (due to RingEdge being blown wide open for PC user to play recently complete with working online sometime soon)
Ghost Squad
Border Break
Project DIVA
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Dragon's Crown
Persona 5
Outrun
JSRF
Otogi
Shinobi/Nightshade
Skies of Arcadia (and more DC stuff in general)
Panzer Dragoon
Madworld (would fit with the string of platinum games ports)
I know I'm missing stuff but that's what comes to mind

Considering that for now afaik only 3 game got ports
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Rez

Valkyria was already ported.

More referring to the franchise as a whole but yeah forgot that one

For shame fam.

the newest one getting a port would be nice, i don't really care about 2/3 unless they get a complete ui overhaul

odin sphere and dragon's crown i'd love to see, though i know it's not likely.

Never
Ever

Didn't forget, not SEGA

Yeah now you can bully me.

CEMU

Atlus is Sega now and thus so is Muramasa.

Please, for fuck's sake, let it be this. We've been waiting for entirely too fucking long and this is a series that badly deserves a new entry that lives up to the nostalgia.

How about a remake instead, to make them non-shit.

As long as Raita doesn't get too overworked so he can keep pumping out Pr0n.

Vid related

Muramasa is Marvelous not Atlus

Otogi is mentionned
The Other I don't even know at all but looks neat

Don't you think it could be better if it wasn't limited by the PSP hardware? I mean they should remake them in the VC1/VC4 engine.

Just port it to PC with some minor upgrades like 60fps, texture resolution, AA, bloom and what not.

I didn't like Persona 5 on consoles so I don't care about it on PC. I just want Yakuza.

I thought that they lost the source code, and if they did, they'd have to make the game again from scratch, which I doubt they'd do for a port of a game that came out more than 15 years ago.

Not if M$ shares the XBOX emulation secret sauce with them, but then

Doesn't have to be a port or a remake. Could just be a new Jet Set game. The only thing we've gotten since JSRF is Hover and that shit does not live up to the legacy.

They already are on the same engine. Not that you can see it since the PSP can't handle what makes CANVAS, well, CANVAS.

I hope to big fuck it'll be Yakuza and Persona, Initial D is wishful thinking and you know it.

Oh yeah, I thought Vanillaware owned the IPs they developed.
Guess I was wrong, likely just conditioned to think that way due to their long term relationship with Atlus

(checked)
Trips confirm
I think its either going to be VF5, VC4, Anarchy Reigns or Shenmue 1/2 HD

yes

Sucks for SEGA, now I have to pirate it instead.

With VC4 being all but confirmed already by SEGA of Europe, I'm gonna guess Anarchy Reigns since it's the only Platinum game not yet ported. Then again we could get something out of the blue like say Resonance of Fate.

One day.

Goddamn that'd be my shit.

.>>13930549
Both mame and pcsx2 can emulate it on Pentium 4-tier hardware.

twitter.com/sam_mullen/status/932459315008434176

Persona is extremely unlikely

Persona actually has a PC release precedence so even it's higher on the pecking order than Yakuza. Helps that it sells way more too.

Ants not welcome.

Could be, their attack on RPCS3 could have been because they're trying to keep the space clear for their own release, then again it could also be Sony pressuring them to take actions via their shitty exclusivity contracts.

Why is it that people keep on bringing up VC2/3 ports/remakes? It makes about as much sense as saying "Square Enix should make a new Crystal Chronicles by porting one of the DS entries to PC."

Carry over characters and mechanics that people like, sure- but make it an entirely new game. The scopes of VC2 and 3 are way too small, especially when compared to VC1, to make any sense as a home console or PC release.

does anyone really want to play Valkyria Chronicles: High School edition again

The thing with any Persona after 3 isn't that they necessarily have an exclusivity contract, but that Sony own the rights to the vocal tracks so they can apply pressure. Then again the RPCS3 C&Ds were unprecedented, since it's the first time a third party(ie not the console manufacturer) has ever tried to take down an emulator. Which may point that there is something Persona related going down on PC.

VC2/3 wouldn't make much of an impact, if any at all, as stand-alone ports. Sega would be much better off to remaster both of them, put them both in a compilation, and then sell them for $20 as side-cart games (or as part of a VC1/2/3 bundle) to help promote the PC port of VC4.

Probably Yakuza or Madworld.

Sega doesn't own Otogi; they just published it overseas. In Japan, it's completely owned by FromSoft.

And now that I mention it, Madworld isn't Sega either. Spike published that game in Japan.

Nah fuck off.

I'd love to see the Virtual-On, Bangai-O, and Guardian Heroes ports not to be contained to Xbox Live Arcade. Maybe Afterburner Climax, if they get the rights to the plane back.

WHERE ARE MY YAKUZA PORTS YOU DOUBLE FAGGOTS?! GIVE ME MY YAKUZA RIGHT NOW

Haven't they ported a lot recently?

You can always port more.

Or if it's a rom running in an embedded emulator, the emulator can have Denuvo.

I don't understand, what causes you to think that it will be a PC port? does SEGA Europe work exclusively on PC ports? I don't see any mention of PC from SEGA in that archive link what am I missing?

And Bayonetta is conpletely owned by Platinum yet it got a PC port, your point?

Steam version of PSO2 when?
I want muh cheevos.

PSO2 is shit, they should make a PSO3 that plays more like PSO1

What about them explicitly saying afterwards to not get your hopes up for a PC port?

OP is a dumb nigger

No, they also publish Segas PC exclusives, check their Twitter page, its all there.

That Atlus PR faggot has lied more than once denying localizations as well.

How?

Are they going to do something with Virtua Fighter? Can't believe that in the midst of this fighting game "revival" era they still have the IP collecting dust, with its characters limited to being guests in other fighting game series.

Unless they can pull off a gimmick like the player cards of VF4 I doubt it.

Dont blame hardware restrictions for poor artistic or game design decisions

As much as I wish it was it will never be Yakuza.

non-sequitur post expressing desire for VF5 PC port

You are shit.
PSO2 > PSO1

How about a new panzer dragoon rpg instead? Ports are a waste of time.

Any of the Yakuza games would be pretty nice, though the nips have a poor track record with PC ports overall (it does seem to be improving to be fair).

I would actually be really fucking happy with an official PC version of a project Diva game.
Cute girls dancing to jap indie music in the PD engine is what keeps me here on this earth.

Skies of Arcadia would be a dream come true.But that's never ever.

Yakuza HD Collection never ever
The entire Persona series never ever
Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 Remastered never ever
Bayonetta 2 never ever

Probably Shenmue 1&2 since 3 is going to be a thing.

On that note Shenmue 3 is going on the Mighty No. Shitspiral and they are starting to distance themselves from updating fans on Kickstarter and have hired Deep "Sad Anime Prom Night" Silver as a distributor. I didn't want to believe it but it is starting to smell like a turd.

Oh good, more Denuvo trash with shady schemes to keep people from refunding. Damn autistic yuros keeping Sega of Europe afloat by buying garbage.

That would be nice, but I'd be just as happy with a HD Remaster of PSP2/Infinity on PC for $20. I mean, they already have 90% of the fucking assets ready to go. They'd just have to update the new stuff, make it 60fps, and add larger persistent online lobbies capable of holding more people - and they're good to go.

Condemned 2, like it should have originally been.

TWELVE GAME OVERS

Why not? Did Sega say something about it never coming to PC?

Does 3 even have anything to do with Sega at this point? I figured it got kickstarted specifically because they don't own it anymore.

One miracle at a time. I'd say that at least with ports of old games they're less likely to add Denuvo to it, but even that happened to Star Ocean 4.

I didn't watch the stream because of spoilers, but did he really die that much on Oil Ocean Zone? When I eventually played/marathoned it and made some dumb mistakes from exhaustion, even I never lost that many lives or saw the continue screen. Seeing that level must have really triggered the "holocaust" genes within him.

Iirc Sega still owns the rights to Shenmue but gave Suzuki and his team permission to use the IP for the sequel. As for Yakuza, I think only future games have a shot of being ported since the games use a ton of real life adverts/licensed products in japan featured within them.

Maybe then someone can make a mod to fix the second half bed-shitting.

Honestly companies normally pay for that shit as product placement, I doubt they'd be hard to convince not to allow a port.

Sonic. Its always going to be Sonic.

Considering the rather underwhelming sales numbers of Yakuza in the West I doubt Sega wants to do the work of porting and translating them. But who knows these days? Anything can happen.

the recent PS4 releases have been a massive success.

What a joke CA has become.

Compared to befoe yes, but its still really niche in the West, like EDF tier popularity and sales.