X3 Litcube's Universe

What the fuck? Where am I supposed to sell this shit now when no one will take it? And how am I expected to make money when if I can't make my missile production complexes??

Other urls found in this thread:

egosoft.com/games/x4/info_en.php
forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=396292
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that will teach you not to loot

Looting is like the only realistic way of making money early game, though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So go find a dock that lists them and sell them there you retard. Or just dump them on a captured ship and sell that.

What? It's a mod that makes things less tedious and gives you more endgame content by making large scale battles not tank your frame rate and giving you something to fight. It's way less grindy than vanilla, too. Cock blocking you from selling missiles to military outposts is the only bad change.

Never had that problem with my old 670 and 3570k.
Never had a problem with that either unless I deliberately locked down the xenon sectors with 3x Osakas per gate.

You've never had any large battles, then. What exactly is your idea of "large"?

Cap ships can actually bail. It's just a very low chance. And IREs, PACs and APCs are more profitable to spam factory's of anyhow.

Oh shit, didn't know that.

This same update removed the ability to sell past the station's capacity.

You actually had to trade in x2. In x3 I just run a few bounty missions and I'm a millionaire in an hour. Or worse, do the plot and have too many free ships to manage.

Yeah that isn't even an issue. I've made 200x Complexes of each of those and never flooded the economy with them.

IT'S NOT ENOUGH, I NEED 100x THAT AT LEAST. God I wish there was a proper successor to X3 that made it much larger scale and with more automation features to take out unnecessary micromanagement in late game. Rebirth was shit, Egosoft has shown they learned NOTHING from Rebirth and are going to repeat their mistakes with X4, and Limit Theory was compromised by the dev who regularly disappears suddenly hiring his girlfriend as the first new employee working on the game. I just want my huge space empire sim.

Guess I'll try that, then. Probably just gonna cheat myself a few million to skip this mind numbing early game since I can't sell missiles anywhere.

like what?

X4 is just Rebirth with some fresh paint. It will have everything everyone hates from Rebirth like space highways, mandatory on foot segments, and they claim they'll have sectors like the HoL expansion (the giant tacky space mall) that everyone with taste hated.

They have it stuck in their head that X3 is primarily a combat game like literally any other space sim, and they still want to go for "muh immersion" bullshit instead of adding more strategy elements. Here's their announcement discussion vid with Q&A which starts at 32:00. There's a lot of stuff there and none of it looks promising.

It's also plenty of small stuff, like on this page: egosoft.com/games/x4/info_en.php they have
with "REPRESENT DIFFERENT FACTIONS" in bold, which tells me they still haven't even considered allowing players to become THEIR OWN faction, which is a MUCH needed feature and is the direction the game should be going imo.

Also here's their forum post with a whole bunch of FAQ: forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=396292

Also what said.

get on with the times gramps, the new meta is to watch your sat network like a vulture and ninja bailed ships

They're committed to making a cinematic experience to try to get normalfags to buy it.

They don't give a fuck about empire-builder autists who will be forced through their insipid, tedious "muh immersion" mechanics yet again to accomplish basic tasks.

they are dead on with that, but at least they are not adding that shit everywhere, only main sectors
but user, dont you want to walk to your waifu?! implying they can make qt npcs

i guess i will just wait and see what happens to x4

i dont remember any cinematic experience in the videos they showed about X4

With all the features they're talking about in the vid, if the game actually has dynamic war AI, this game will become Mount and Blade in space.

I never really got the complaints about the highways aside from the fact that the curvy path it often took felt stupid and even with the minigame, they are boring as fuck but traveling in these games have always been boring like that. I've always said space games will be more engaging if they were a tad bit more interactive. Shit, imagine needing orbital mechanics just to fuck around massive distances in X games. Mite be cool. The previous X games used the gates as loading screen, Rebirth's engines was simply just powerful enough to stream asset on the fly so they separated entire systems through the gates instead.

I don't understand what you mean by more strategy elements. What are you talking about exactly?

user, the player has always been its own faction in X games. You can splinter off your starting faction through your own actions later in the game.

And that's why they wont include the Boron. I guess designing their water-based environment would be a mess for the stupid foot segments.

That and the fact that Egosoft cannot into animations. I think they're still using hand-crafted animation loops and not motion capture which makes all their characters look stiff and robotic. Unless they hire SelfDrillingSMS to do their animation, their on-foot shit will always feel janky as fuck.

Adding things like the Phanon Corporation mod, except making there be several corporations like that (Terracorp, Plutarch etc don't actually do anything) and then adding diplomacy to actually interact with those factions as your own independent faction. This is also what I meant by letting the player become their own faction; the diplomacy bit is important. It's a difference between "being your own faction" through just not giving you any rules, and ACTUALLY being your own faction officially supported through real game mechanics.

Wow, what a steal!

I don't see any strategic elements in that. That's just straight up diplomacy although yes fully functional diplomacy would be cool. Add in corp espionage and this game would be the tits. The best corp espionage shit I did was steal Boron tech for myself and then eradicated their entire species.

How is diplomacy and dealing with other functional factions not strategy?

I thought you meant strategic elements like Homeworld. Shit, the game already has market strategic elements when you think about it.

Do you mean the controls or something? I'm talking more like grand strategy/4X type stuff, not RTS.

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about, and is the area the game should be focusing on.

bump

What sort of market strategical elements though? Like corp hostile takeovers? Mite be cool.

Yes and then some. Be nice to be able to officially stake a claim to an asteroid cluster that is interstellarly recognized by different factions. Right now, you can just forcefully take over a cluster and then drop defense turrets and fleets to take out everyone coming close but the AI still sends units after units as if nothing happened.