Can you give me some recommendations for games that came out in 2017 that aren't multiplayer and don't have...

Can you give me some recommendations for games that came out in 2017 that aren't multiplayer and don't have microtransactions of any kind?
everything i've played this year has been older stuff and i'd like to get something new under my belt

Skyrim on Nintendo Switch, my friend.

Mario Odyssey

go bing bing wahoo out of here, reddit

Quentin, I believe you mean "Cucktendo." Or perhaps "Nintencuck" or "Nincuckdo"

Girls Mode 4.

bruh

its a game, but then I doubt you're not retarded enough to play it

yeah you really sold me on playing that by calling me a moron in the same breath as the game.

Thank you for this,saved and will be adding to my wishlist

Styx: Shards of Darkness. A good stealth game with a semi-funny main character. I love his digs at Skyrim.

Nier: Automata
Prey

What's that robo one on the far right called? i can't make out the text

benis

Do you find enjoyment in being a smartass

ye

Oh nevermind that shit is oculus touch exclusive,fuck that

Grimoire

I fucking despise games that have gigantic bloated party size of 8 fucking characters. What are you going to do with them? 3 characters as of Healer/Ranged character/Melee tank is enough for any combination, maximum 4. 8 is a fucking overkill.

Does that motherfucker have an eye for a head?
Metal

I do agree that 8 is too much unless you're playing a game like Kenshi or Valkyria Chronicles.

ftfy

Yakuza 0.

Shut up you fucking pretendo.

He does look bateman-esque

Is it just me or does the game looks like an alien dick?

Agreed. Also, it's really stressful to make that many characters on the spot Maybe that's just me…

What
If the PC version is released in the same year as the original console version then there's no need to list it twice, same for localizations

I kek'd.

>It's literally BURSTING to get out
>the consolewar-fag in you needs it's sweet sweet release
>you whip it out and it's tiny but that's okay because you like being laughed at for it
> gives you exactly what your looking for the mockery you want the big fat and juicy (You)

Oh boy, it's the reddit indie meme trash chart again.

Please,by all means,give me some other suggestions if you think those are ass.

Robo Recall

t. retard

Great fucking chart actually.

wat

FTFY

Has 2017 been the best year for video games in over a decade?

Most of those games aren't good.

deadly premonition, PC version

Yes, and next year looks to be the same despite AAA companies going full kike and mobile rising the last of which is going to burst so hard it will make the dotcom bubble burst looks like a fucking joke and Zynga look like nothing at all

Standarts won't rise till we're near pre 2007 levels, demographics and exposure are too different nowadays for that to happen, but shit has been getting better no doubt, part of the reason being financial stabilization after the Great Recession and unexpensive easy to use tools and game engines that save up on costs and make any average joe contribute to the variety in the market.

Its getting good brah, now we just need to get rid of the SJW scum in the cultural clash war we currently battle.

excuse me but the image, it where comes from?

I will never know if this game is actually good or not because I can't bring myself to play an RPG sequel without playing the first one and the first one is such poorly written garbage I can't possibly get through it. It's probably just more of the same constant and lame attempts to be funny since I doubt they had a mass firing of their writers and Avellone can't make that much of a difference alone.

One of the two greatest shitposts on video after LasagnaCat that almost made the garbage that was E3 2017 worth giving a fuck about.

the devolver press conference?
I thought it was something related with sega, thank you.

Avellone only wrote one character (Fane) and the game sucks and is filled with RNG bullshit and retarded level scaling.

Elex was really good and Styx is okay I guess.

boy i need to get my shit in gear

Both of those games are garbage

Please go jump off a bridge, stupid faggot!

Show me your garbage taste user
I wish to laugh

As far as I'm aware there was one german guy constantly shilling it and getting really mad whenever someone said it was shit. Never played it, looked boring.

Where's the manual, Cleve?

And not a single good game was played that day.

Rain World, Opus Magnum, Snake Pass, and Aztez are all ones you might have missed. I think a couple are on CYAnon's list but they're worth mentioning again.

There's also Wipeout Omega Collection and the new Yakuza games, but those might be harder to procure. I guess you could emulate the Yakuza ones through RPCS3 along with Persona 5.

As much as I like the core gameplay, the game is still in an early access state. Literally.
>nier: automato
Are they even that good? Don't answer that.Rhetorical.Question.
abundance of trash shmups and jrpgs
Way to inflate the amount.

>abundance of trash shmups and jrpgs
fix

Nex Machina, Spark The Electric Jester, Ruiner, Speebot and Steamworld Dig 2 are pretty good.
Hand of Fate 2 is alright. The rest I'd say you should try them out for yourself because I personally disliked most of them.

Now… there are no good multiplayer games released in 2017, but if you are one of those guys who never play mp games you need to go eat a dick.

MP in general is trash and has been for a while now.

Here is what I'm trying to say by "???".
As you've said some games you've liked, most - disliked. That's the case for the indie scene as a whole, so if from cover alone I can conclude that most of them are likely not that good why are these games included and a ton, literally a ton of other games released in 2017 not? Are they not worth checking out? Why?
There is also a question of "do they stand up to competition of other indie, flash and shovelware games from earlier years?" If not - then they are not worthwhile by default.
Not to take anything from your experience with actually good games, just heavily doubting the quality of the pic.

Well, there is new mh releasing soon. This year if we include beta.

You are retarded. Serviceable MP offers challenge and experience that can't and won't be reproduced in SP, it's by default better than not having MP at all. Whatever you like it or not in any particular case is not the point.

Not my image user.
Personally a few of the games on that list don't even deserve to be looked at. Heat Signature is, in my opinion, utter garbage and a huge step down from the creator's previous game, Gunpoint.
Jydge is only fun for the final hour of gameplay when you get to nightmare and hardcore and the medals start forcing you to try out different firemodes and playstyles, otherwise it's a pretty basic shooter than isn't even better than Neon Chrome and it forces you into sacrificing two mod slots just so civilians don't die so easily and you don't get the bad ending.
Aztez is fuck. I don't really know what to compare it to but it's fuck.
Mummy Demastered looks and sounds great, but stumbles a bit in the gameplay department and also has some of the worst bosses you'll even encounter. Every boss has at most three attacks, and they have a shitload of health so the entire boss fight is them doing these one or two patterns stretched out for over 5 or so minutes.
Mr Shifty feels like a flash game. It's a fun game, but it lacks a lot of depth. Same deal with Battle Chaser
Monolith isn't particularly bad. In fact I think it's the best of these Binding of Isaac type of games. I personally just dislike these type of roguelites so I didn't mention it.

Those are the ones that I played.
Never actually knew Shovel Knight got it's second campaign though. Has King Knight's campaign also been released? Can I finally play the game or is it still incomplete?
I feel like the five I mentioned as well as Monolith are the ones out of the games that I've played that are worth a play. Hand of Fate 2 I'm still divided on, I can't say if I like it more or less than the previous game.

Never assumed that.
Exactly my concern.

See you might be onto something there, because serviceable MP is good yeah but since it doesn't currently exist good MP doesn't either, excluding MP with friends obviously since excluding the most horrid shit almost everything is actually somewhat fun with friends.

You're right in SP I don't want the suffering to end ASAP so I can go back to actually having fun.

But shitposting aside regardless of who you are or what you think about MP I dare you to say that any somewhat recent community comes even close to how simple and fun most communities around the early 2000s were.

Niche games with P2P. For example board games.
It was a pointless and predictable, put more quality in shitposting.
I would probably agree with you, but if you want to argue that much, then subcommunities within communities, niche games and non-mainstream EA games. 8/v/ *gamename*, road redemption and interstellar marines are good examples.

Super Robot Wars V

fixt

Ok user, chill

But most of those niche community seem to lack the same attitude that made me enjoy MP back then, probably me projecting my expectations onto other plays a role into that too
Basically shit changed, I don't enjoy it anymore and SP is plenty to last me for several lifetimes so fuck MP for having a shit time invested to fun ratio.

Like if you want to shitpost either make it serve a point or make it funny, otherwise it's just a white noise.
And then don't shitpost, especially if it's going to bite back at you.

Eitherway, the original statement was "There is a case where someone could enjoy some MP" which is true and was aimed at idiots that either paint everything black and white or just don't know anything with MP other than mainstream games.
The only thing that it's changed, is that it's not as easily accessible, it's not a default option and you have to consciously make a choice to get what you want.

Don't cover a judge by its book.
??? ???

->

1. Not trash, but trash.
2. Every year it's guaranteed that there will come out tons of good shmups and jrpgs (which is way more in comparison to other games), so the question is "why are those games worth checking out if they are average in comparison to other shmups and jrpgs?"
3. And if they are worth checking out for fans, they should probably be placed in a separate category so they don't pollute the list.

My response have gotten shorter and simpler because I'm wasted and sleep deprived, unlike yours, think about that for a second.

Shit nigga what the fuck are you doing

Well, I wouldn't know if you are sleep deprived or not since it's 1 pm on my end.
And glad you accepted stupidity of your actions.

Glad we worked it out

Sonic Mania was good. but it has denuvo on PC so either pirate it or get it on console
Snake pass was also good, in a weird way though.
Sky rogue isn't worth the $20 price tag, but if you pirate it I would consider it passable.

If you consider ports from console to PC to be "new" then you should take a look at Star Ocean: The last hope. It's absolute trash, has annoying character except for bacchus and welch and has a plot that's as edgy as an emo fourteen year old at a Marilyn Manson concert, but there's something about it that keeps me coming back for more. Would recommend pirating it once it's cracked.

I agree that it isn't the god-tier game that everyone was making out to be, but it's still incredibly enjoyable.

Yeah it wasn't as good as Holla Forums made it out to be, and the lgbtqaaip and sometimes Y robot kinda broke the immersion.
However the combat was solid and once you got it down, pretty rewarding.

The first 2 were OK, the zero time dilemma one is where I jumped ship.

6/10

2/10 bait

How would you know what is considered an average shmup to begin with? That's only a supposition on your part that that actually is the case. 2015 and 2016 had good shmup releases all around like you wouldn't believe. It's a niche genre, so the actual amount of people caring about them is already innately small no matter how good the games are. It's not that that makes them bad, but a lot of people wouldn't care about them in the same way that people don't care about strategy or fighting games.

Not released in the West yet

Have there been any noticeable mod releases or updates this year? Only High Noon and GMDX v9.0 come to mind.

As much as GMDX is nice and all I think the mod is so old everyone who touched it is already sick of it.
And it's not like it's getting a new audience either because kids nowadays are too busy with minecraft, ASSFAGGOTS and twitch.

The first one isn't necessary to play, it takes place like thousands of years before and there is no connection between the plots.

I'm down for MP,but most of it seems generic,i like co op stuff if you can recommend anything in that vein.

Remove Nier Automata and it's okay, I guess.

Mario Odyssey if you have a Switch

Nioh if you don't

What's your beef with nier?

Remove yourself.

He has shit taste.

Elex was shit, but I'd expect the new Styx to be more than "okay". Haven't played it yet, but I loved the first one.

Elex wasn't shit. It was a good RPG.

It's overhyped garbage. I can't wrap my head around how anyone can find Automata appealing. Everything about it just looks bland and boring as hell, the game looks empty as fuck from all the gameplay I've seen, and it just looks boring to play.

triggered

Shit taste and retarded.

Good games don't look bad.

Eh,graphics aren't everything.

Ever oasis, remove chaos and be a happy merchant with a thick mermaid water spirit thing.

Here, user, I found something more suited to your substantial tastes.

? there doesn't seem to be anything particularly wrong with that game

lol

No no,i was arguing against his point of graphics mattering.

May I suggest the Xbox X? It's the most powerful console of all time with the best graphics for hardcore gamers such as yourself.

Who said graphics matter?

Lots of things look bad to retards with shit taste.

Can Citra run that yet?

What else needs to be removed from this shit list?

Mere fact that they always get overrepresented means that they are mostly average in comparison to each other. They also are extremely rigid within their genre and rarely drastically differ in terms of gameplay mechanics. This is a case to the point where you can pick a pretty much random jrpg\shmup and it wouldn't be that far worse or better from the ones that get featured.
I don't care about other people's tastes, but if you get 10 shmups and 10 jrpgs and then only 1 game of any other genre, then you either need to separate shmups and jrpgs from genre unique games or elaborate why and how each of those games deserve to stand among usually genre unique games. It's common sense. And the fact that only a small amount of people even likes shmups and jrpgs makes it even worse.

shit taste confirmed

Last years that I remember being as good as this one was 2004/2005 so you are right. Can't hold a candle to the late 90s, though.

The game is okay and Esna a cute.

I thought this meme died?

too slow faggot

They are to outsiders. You're mostly referring to surface-level mechanics whose existence and implications are obvious from the surface, which is why shmups like Ikaruga are popular even though a only disproportionate portion of players plays it seriously, as in trying to 1cc it instead of creditfeeding. The thing is that shmups mostly rely on deeper scoring systems whose workings aren't immediately obvious, try telling me what's going on in Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu without looking up a guide. And within those scoring systems there's a fuckton of variety to be found. The thing is that most people don't particularly care about scorechasing, even if getting more score earns you more lives, because most people aren't willing to thoroughly practice a game until they can beat it with one credit. It's the same thing with fighting games. A good deal of shmup releases this year has already been omitted from the start, if that's what you're asking. It's one thing if they're identical in quality, but I assume you have some personal tastes and preferences at the very least to stick with some games in particular even if they're objectively not the very best. Nor is being objectively the very best the point of this list.

Any reason why you removed Rain World? I know it was in one of the earliest versions, months ago

I am fucking appalled at this sentiment, but I run into it more and more. There are a growing number of mouth-breathers who believe that anything put out by a major publisher is a AAA game. That anything which receives a 85% or greater score on Metacritic is a AAA game. That the mark of a AAA game is a $60 launch price.

I'm almost to the point of wondering if this isn't a concerted effort to try to kill AA in the mind of the public by conflating those titles so heavily with bloated AAA trash that the narrative of "games are too expensive to produce these days" gets reinforced and leveraged to push even harder to justify microtransactions/lootboxes.

Generally, what you are saying is, if a person goes to check out the shmup that is featured and just goes for singular completion, it wouldn't make that much of a difference if he were to pick any other shmup game from the same list. Only a fan that gets deep into the system can notice the difference.
So
no, my point is, if I want to check out a game I want the choice to matter and selection to be reasonable. If I am generally going to have the same experience with games of the same genre featured on the list, and they take way more space than a game from any other genre, then I'd really appreciate if those games were either limited to only the best ones the genre has to offer or if they were condensed into a separate entity so I wouldn't trip over them every single fucking time I want to check out something from a list.
That way I can have an easier time picking a game and people that are within a niche get to have their cake.

nigga

Gravity Rush 2's "online" features aren't integral to the game whatsoever and very, very little will change once the servers shut down.

It's not out yet in the west

I forgot, something about being too easy or something.

Each shmup tries to have its own gimmick in order to stand out from the others, but shmups being very short by design have to rely on scoring or a high degree of challenge for replay value. Which one you prefer is up to you. You have my word for it that the Japanese-only releases and the not so stellar ones like Raiden V have already been omitted.

The general complaint is usually the opposite direction, and that's not a great reason to remove it

The Surge was good, user. It had problems, but it was a good game.

Are you retarded? How each of those are so different that they each and every one of them deserve a slot/attention that could be taken by/given to an entirely different (not the same game with different gimmick) unique game that can't be simply crammed into any one genre?
Fuck, I'd say that pretty much every other game that gets featured has to have a gimmick to stand out, more over it has to beat within a genre every other game that also had a gimmick, why do shmups and jrpgs get to bring their friends?
Sure, fine, shmups are short and thus deserve bigger representation, just group them up and fucking place them separately from other games.

Nah half of those are either localisations released years ago and as such aren't 2017 games or are shit

No, I'm sperging about charts in general, since it's a common problem with them.

Anyone got more of these? I mean I think it's a bit indie-heavy but it couldn't hurt to use as a start point.

Is this shmups and jrpgs you're talking about or games in general? Because you're making it sound like dozens of identical first-person shooters are fine if they're a good throwback or something. Common consensus too is that Cuphead's gameplay is nothing special, the only thing standing out being the visuals, but who cares about the visuals that much anyways? Are you trying to tell me that Cuphead doesn't deserve a mention?

And how exactly would you know what would fit that bill? Moreover, by what standard would they be unique? If I were managing unique games solely then this chart would be a lot larger, but being unique doesn't directly correlate to being good.

For you I don't have any baseline for shmups to work with, nor do I think you have one yourself either. You'd have to have played several of them to really come to such an understanding, otherwise your idea that all shmup rook same is a generalization on your part. Nor are you required to be a fan to understand them, but the dedication required to just 'complete' a shmup tends to carry over and be much higher compared to other genres, as is the nature of arcade-styled games. That's what they mean by being a niche, and all shmups are, it varies from person to person what makes a game worth seriously getting into. And even if it's not the most innovative or unique shmup available, so what? What matters is that you have fun and a good time, which is what most of the games in the chart should hopefully accomplish. It's not about being the best games of 2017, but to beat least worth a try by anyone. And even if it is niche for a niche audience, why wouldn't this be the time to try new waters? And if there's a similar experience on the market, why not try both? Maybe the other is better in terms of execution, maybe not.

Besides, in your case I'd also have to leave out story-driven sequels, which is another dropped beehive that would lead to many appalled grunts.

If you like Metroidvania, Steamworld Dig 2 is good, albeit short. Cuphead is also good. And I've heard good things about Obvserver.

Already saw cuphead beaten so many times by people,shame what happened to the fanbase.

I am out of the loop. What happened to the fanbase?

The fuck is this absolute shit tier taste?

Nothing. It just got its brief share of Tumblr fanart but it's already over now.

Do you think I can make it better if you don't explain how?

it is a alien dick

The game is pretty good. Certainly not as good as the games it's ripping off of, but definitely the best RPG released this year.

Enjoying the taste of literal shit like Automata is what I'd call "shit taste".

I own all of these 2017 games, they range from "enjoyable but flawed" to "fucking amazing":

Deep Space Waifu
Haydee
Wild Guns Reloaded
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV
Vagante
Feral Fury
Dead Cells (early access)
Overgrowth
A Hat in Time
Sonic Mania
NieR: Automata
Fight'N Rage
Vagante (early access)
Blazblue Centralfiction
20XX

No.

I heard haydee was good for lewd mods

Simply by being good and of a different genre.
You are retarded.
Quality is a part of what makes a game stand out. If the game isn't different or not good enough to be unique, then fucking exclude it from any kind of recommendation.
No, charts are made for lazy people to explore new grounds that don't do vidya research. If someone with lower standarts wanted to have "fun and good time" they could literally pick any fucking average game.
If someone doesn't want to experience any one game from shmup or jrpg genre, then he pretty much doesn't want to experience any shmup or jrpg featured on the list.
This is your point, and I'm arguing within this point. You are an idiot.
Again, you are retarded. Niche means a specific type of game that only targets to please/pleases a small group of people that are within that niche.
This has nothing to do with my tastes and my prejudice towards a genre, you don't know what they are and thus you come up with stuff. Stop.
If there were genres overrepresented like shmups and jrpgs were and they were pretty much identical outside of scoring systems or some other negligible difference, I'd shit on them too. For example platformers. Some of them definitely need to be trimmed off the list, but since they differ in core gameplay most of the time (unlike shmups or jrpgs) I'd have to play every one of them to figure out which ones.
One of the SS VR games probably too needs a cut.

Hollow Knight is very large and detailed, and totally lacks microtransactions

Furi was the very end of last year but got some updates this year and is worth playing

Near A Tomato is pretty good, but your mileage may vary

That's not my problem.
I really don't know what you're referring to here because you refuse to name any examples.
The implications of scoring systems are large within. You say it's negligible but you can't name a single example for why that would be the case because you don't seem to have an idea what you are talking about since you can only refer to shmups in general.
Again, you're only assuming. Why do you rest everything on an assumption? I seriously don't get what you're trying to say here.

The hell does it censor then?

Well, doi. Of course it's not your problem. Are you that clueless that I need to spell out the obvious for you? Look inside the spoiler if you accept some kind of mental problem going on your end It's either my problem and of other people I'm advocating for or problem of a person composing the list, which I'm addressing (either or depending on interpretation).
1. I've played games from the genre and know that market is oversaturated with shmups, so it's more of a conclusion than an assumption.
2. Even if it is a weak argument, you or anyone else didn't provide a stronger counter argument that makes it laughable.
3. Your entire case for difference of shmups seems to be completely negated by me not acknowledging anything related to scoring systems since as you've said it's a prerogative of fans maybe not even just fans, but specific kinds of autists that are within a niche which are even smaller amount of people, though my argument doesn't require this much precision, people that are already within a niche, not for the non-invested folk that are there to just check out games (for which the lists are made for).
->

To make it clear, when I'm calling you an idiot, I'm not trying to dismiss you, and I don't have any problem with you or anyone else enjoying said games.
It's just that you are trying to explain to me things that aren't relevant to breaking my arguments and completely miss the points or the context in which they were made, time and time again. Or that you just can't keep up with every difference within my arguments that I make replying to you.
Regardless of what it is, if that is the case, please ignore my previous post when replying (since it would only complicate things) and just tell me what I need to reestablish for my arguments to make sense to you.