Hey Holla Forums so I'm a little short on cash and I want to play something other than bloodborne on my bloodborne box...

hey Holla Forums so I'm a little short on cash and I want to play something other than bloodborne on my bloodborne box. This looks halfway interesting and I've really only got the money for 1 game, if I were to get it. Has anyone here played it? It came out right around the same time as Nier and i'm not sure if I really saw any discussion around the game. I'm completely blind other than seeing the (what I assume to be) deceptive cutscene gameplay stuff from TGS last year.

It's alright, boss fights are extremely dissapointing though.

I have a normalfag friend who bought it and said he liked it, I would borrow it to inform you but I dont have a bloodborne box

if you like ubisoft games, you probably already played it.

probably better to wait for dragon ball fighterz I guess. thanks guys

I have a bloodborne box and it's an alright game. It's better to get Persona 5 or NieR Automata. If not wait until the complete edition comes out then you get the one dlc that has come out.

Better to spend your money on Persona 5 and the Yakuza games.

The story is about women fixing mens problems, the combat is interesting until you beat the game once.
I hope you like crafting
it'll give you 20-50 hours max. id suggest something else op

buy other game

Stinks of reddit in this thread.
Every here should die.

Niggers

Story sucks. Basic gameplay loop is boring as fuck. Characters are all ugly potatoes. Despite the few pretty screenshots they circulate, the game doesn't actually look that great in action and most of the technical glitz is used in cutscenes to make the game look marginally better. Invisible walls everywhere. Lots of little quality of life shit is missing. Pretty much nothing in the entire lush green environment reacts to your presence, so it's all flat ugly grass textures clipping through your ugly potato character and her everything-and-the-kitchen-sink clusterfuck armor.

Don't bother, the only thing it has going for it is fancy graphics with shit art direction and everything else was dumbed down to make room for the visuals.

Don't waste your money on western shit. Buy Yazuka 0, Hatsune Miku Future Tone, or Persona 5.

I honestly don't think the graphics look good at all. I don't know how to explain it but everything has this weird grainy look to it like every object has the texture of an old matte countertop. It just looks fucking weird.

Yeah, you should definitly go play this underrated gem and kill yourself

Sell Bloodborne and Bloodborne Station

Turn your Bloodborne machine into a titty machine.

whats with those eyebrows?

>he doesn't like thick eyebrows

I'LL KILL MYSELF

Just play these two instead OP.

Horizon is a game for cucks with no gonads. If you want an open world game where you hunt monsters get Toukiden 2.

I rented it, and played through to the end. The gameplay competent enough, if a bit broken by over-generous stealth modifiers, and the setting and backstory is interesting - if wholly mishandled so as to squander what potential it had. The graphics, at least environmental, aren't bad for the PS4's shitbox specs either. Though it does have a ton of odd lighting bugs and texture issues that Fallout 4 and Halo 2 had where everything is initially displayed in super low muddy resolution - and then pop-in as the game loads.

Everything else is a complete shitshow. Aloy is a massive Mary Sue with literally no flaws, who everybody loves except for a few scripted "assholes" who get brushed off almost immediately - only to come back later to rub it in their faces how wrong they were. Literally, even the king of the largest civilization and supposed descendent of the sun god all but bows down and worships Aloy, and totally falls in love with her. But, that's just history repeating itself, since Aloy is really just a clone of a Mary Sue from the 20th century who is literally a super-genius science Jesus who built the ark that would save humanity and then sacrificed herself to save the project. The villain is a typical white male who's main motivation is "me strong, hate weaklings - me have god on my side, that makes me right". The guy nearly kills his wife in their marital bed because it's too soft and cushy and he hated soft and cushy things.

The tribes are literally just tumblr communities managing hyper-progressive societies in a post-apocalyptic hellscape. Most warchiefs are female, while the men are usually portrayed as being helplessly subordinate or idiots/drunkards/crazy. Except for the enemy faction, which are all male, of course. The tribes make absolutely no sense. You hear all these horror stories about machine attacks, the red raids, wars, sacrifices, slavery… etc… which have devastated the local tribes… and yet, while you see children, you never see any pregnant women. Never. Not even a mention of it. You also hear nothing about women dying in childbirth - which was a really big problem for most of human history, until the advent of modern medicine. You could almost brush that off by assuming - oh, that's a flaw that was corrected by genetic engineering by the ancients. But no… it's specifically stated that the human genome is untouched. And now that they have no modern medicine… with women being warriors, they should be almost extinct by this point. Killed by spears and arrows and children ripping their vaginas to shreds.

It's fucking madness.

Also, the facial animations look like they were farmed out to barely literate 3rd world software sweatshops. They bear little resemblance to what's being said or the emotional context of the scene - and everybody moves and jerks constantly like they've all got intermediate stage Parkinson's disease.

Do not buy this trash. Rent it if you absolutely must, but it's garbage outside baseline minimum decent gameplay mechanics.

Even titty ninjas can't save the PS4.

You’re right. He needs more manly games with buff guys beating the shot out of each other with oddball sidequests called Yakuza PC versions NEVER EVER

What you wrote sounds like some legbeard read the Mithra page on the FFXI wiki and decided to tumblr it up.

Reminder that neither you nor she is Anthony Burch.

Yakuza 0, you complete mongoloid.

Please user. You have your dignity to consider.
I'd just recommend emulation, CFW or /scurv/ing shit. There's also plenty of other actually good games for your bloodborne box as well.

I don't know anything about FFXI, but he's completely right, if generous on gameplay department.
You literally have one melee weapons with one moveset, so if you're melee guy you can't even get your robot hunter fix from it.

If you only have money for one game you shouldn't buy a game

depends on how much you like shooting things with arrows. do you like attacking the weak point for massive damage?

OP if you're going to get anything for the PS4, get vid related

HORIZON ZERO AWARDS

Nigga, buy food.

This is why you are short on cash.

Mithra were a race of catpeople who could only be played as females for no particularly good reason aside from "the men stay on their homeland" yet you see Mithra kids, again all female, everywhere. It was only there to act as a foil to the male only rock people.

Just tell him to wait, Monster Hunter World is out in like, two months.

I always feel conflicted showing these to new people. On one hand, they are great to get people interested, but the kind of people who would really need this to get into it would then just say "I'll just watch the animations on youtube".

You seen any of Alakingjoe's stuff? He makes some of the best these days.

Yeah, but the Mithra are forgivable, if only because they are moderately fuckable despite being borderline furfaggotry.

Hence the "tumblr it up" comment.

The offical reasoning for the no manthras were because the ratio of male to female mithras were 1:1000 or some dumb shit like that. Because of that the mithras treated the manthras like a jew treats gold. The manthra's only real duty is to knock up the females while they went out in the world because if the males die out then their race does as well.

Yet the kids are allowed to leave? Or did pregnant ones leave during the crystal war? It really doesn't make any sense no matter how you look at it and they should've never bothered to try and explain it.

If I remember, a lot of times the mother will take the daughters along to teach them various trades in other nations so the daughters can be even more useful back home.
At least they gave it a shot. More than what you can say about most games now. During the Crystal War most of them stayed back home and only sent out a small amount of solders as an olive branch to Altana's forces in exchange for some of them to squat in Windurst.
Though Bastok is superior in every way.
Have some FFXIV bonus cringe.

But that's sexist, you asshole.

Oh, right… never mind. It's fine. Girl Power, and all that shit.

Also, I was being a bit too facetious with my earlier apologies for Mithra. The reason they're fine, IMO, isn't because they're fuckable - it's because nobody gives a shit. The story of FFXI is just there to provide flimsy context for the player. It's like the stories in fighting games. They're not trying to tell a compelling narrative, and they could be completely ignored altogether - but leaving that story out removes any sort of identity and branding, which is important to distinguish yourself from the competition if you want a long-running service or franchise to stand out.

Horizon Zero Dawn takes another route. It's trying to be a "cinematic experience" that tells a compelling narrative and is highly dependent upon the player's emotional investment into the story and characters to keep them motivated to continue playing. The worlds and the people have to be, on some level, reflective of the real world and real people in order to try and elicit this emotional investment. And it falls completely flat in this regard.

Square never tried to push the Mithra as anything other than, "Hey, here's a bunch of sexy catgirls to use as a character".

Why get an inferior game like Worlds?

It's rather heavily stated that once a Mithra leaves whatever the fuck their home nation was called they aren't allowed back.

Nah, more like
Males were THAT fucking rare. Though there was a huge part of the questline that had a manthra come to the mainland to stop some shit. I stopped playing by then but I remember a lot of people lost their shit when the introduced him and then got blueballed when they confirmed playable manthras NEVER EVER.

Are you sure about that? I remember that being part of the main quest but I was under the assumption they lifted that rule when Tavnanzia was opened up.

Tavnazia isn't their homeland. It starts with an O and is supposed to be further south.

I knew it wasn't their homeland but it was real significant to them and I could have sworn they mentioned that the restriction was lifted thanks to Tavnazia opening up to foreigners. That said,

From what I remember the whole restriction was brought about because of the magicite bow made after the northlands expedition that ended up magnifying the Mithra's chain of envy, turning the queen into a massive powerhungry bitch who forced everyone to stay on the island. Considering you never see a single Mithran native aside from the nameless bounty hunters, who by the way are trying to kill you for helping a Mithran fugitive, it's safe to say they've still got the border on lockdown.

I could have sworn you broke the curse when you fought the arch angels or whatever those guys were. I stopped midway into WotG so anything involving the crystal war is hazy as fuck to me.

Also I just looked it up and Tavnazia is the place in CoP that got blown up by the Elvaan nuke sword. The jungle island is called Elshimo.

You, allegedly, broke your own personal chain doing that and gaining access to the last dungeon in CoP. All the other plebs are still bound though.

That's some shit. I really liked the lore of the arc angels.

Hey there's still that Korean mobile phone reboot they showed 2 screenshots almost 3 years ago.

WHAT A MESS WE MADE
WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG

Lunar was already killed by Working Designs.

It might have had a meme tier localization but at least it wasn't fucking dragon song.

At that point just get 2nd G or Portable 3rd.

I'm at the point where I'm starting to think anyone who's newfag enough to not already be playing SRW is probably beyond salvation anyway.

I don't really keep track of who makes what, so can't say. The one you linked isn't bad, but a bit on the generic side - what I love about the one for Exceeder I linked earlier is all the little jokes, like putting Amuro vs. the Amuro Biobrain in the "moshimo futari deaeta koto ga kiseki nara" bit or the shot of Mazinger Zero and the Getter fleet making Emperor of Darkness despair in the "zetsubou no sora kimi ga mita yume" sequence.

Some of it gets a bit generic, but I think he's the best at matching the beats of the music to the animation. A lot of guys have issues with that.

I think this is his best one.

Also the guy you first linked did one for Shining Storm I really like. It has more of those neat little references in there, and he does pretty well at doing text cut ins.

Don't buy it.
Spend your cash on Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier or Persona, good games that sold badly because Sony's executives refuse to promote their Japanese exclusives for some reason.