Can't I just have normal virtual on?

I don't want these anime faces from a franchise I don't care about taking up so much space mid combat.

Most of those characters can destroy any robot with ease, why would they ride them?

You could always buy Senko no Ronde 2 and get the Temjin DLC.

SnR2 plays nothing at all like VO

You disgust me.

When did those animes get robots? I don't even watch their shows.

No user you can't. Japanese people and weebs do not buy anything without a generic anime-moe face on it.

How can the west compete when only the east is allowed to make games with cute girls? Now I understand why I never watch movies.

Isn't seeing the pilot reactions during a mecha battle like half ot the fun of a mecha battle? I really liked how mecha animu always portrayed th relationships of pilots and their machines, they weren't just tools to them, they were almost like favourite cars.

The fun of VO was the fucking gameplay, nobody gives a shit about the pilots. Its a competitive series, not a fucking anime.

Not really seeing the problem here. You can still play it just fine and there's probably an option to remove cut-ins and definitely an option to tweak voice volume. Arcana Heart 3 kind of does the same thing and it's one of the more complex fighters out there. The anime characters don't make the game less competitive or simplified. If it's really gameplay you care about so much then this shouldn't bother you that much.

>Wow dad this is great! I really enjoyed the cutscenes, cute girls (not cute mechs), and the try hard teenager main character, the one with that dark jacket!

I suppose the reverse is true for the west. We won't buy anything unless ugly people are involved.

AYYY
Fuck off faggots, this is how it's should be.

You are mentally defective.

Who was asking for a Virtual On reboot with a forced anime tie-in "for years"? Kill yourself Umarutard.

My little user can't be this retarded.

You are not answering my question.

What fucking question? VON always had cute lolibots and plot was always about kids playing arcade game, that secretly controls real robots on the moon.
The only difference is now kids have super powers that may or may not affect their robots.
What the fuck do you want goon?
To VON not being weeb shit? It was always weeb shit, from get go.

What with this logic?

It had ONE lolibot you fucking idiot.
The presence of one god damn lolibot is not a precedent to make ALL of them lolibots.

Why is it that this is every overtly-defensive moefag's go-to buzzword to dispel any differing opinion? Much like Nintendo fans from shittier sites love calling others "Sonyggers"

Fuck off goon.

So they improved it by adding cute girls and a story, rather than just autistic competition.

But… why index? It's an universe on its own, there's tons of characters with unique powers, both sci-fi and magic, there's drama, war, slice of life and comedy already. Why throw in robot fights, just to use the setting as a selling point? It's bullshit.

Which girls have very large boobs and butts?

Heaven forbid a game about anime robots have anime in it. If you're turned off by that, the magical girl robots that have been in every game will really get you pissed

Otaku ruin everything. Now it looks like pedo shit with annoying voice overs. Can't wait for robots to screech like cats when hit.

I would a Birdway, Lessar, Jumpbunny, Othinus, LO, Index, and Saten

No excuse me while I find out what the fuck this is and shove money at my tiny yellow slant eyed masters as hard as possible.

t. weebcuck

And all anime robots are the same, right?

If you went into Virtual On expecting it to be Mechwarrior or Armored Core that's on you for being retarded

I went into Virtual On expecting Virtual On, faggot.

Well you got it

Just, like don't play it.

Probably just goons.

This crossover makes as much sense as if there were one between tmnt and nfs. No one asked for it and it didn't create much value, but it still happened and fans of both franchises now have to deal with it and with each other.

No shit, but thanks for the generalization

Just, like don't play it

Does this game not play like Virtual On?

.>>13944344

The memes and japes regarding that game were amazing but my point still stands. Just, like don't play it my dude. This game is literally just a new iteration of Virtual On with a popular franchise attached for the sake of cross promotion it's not nearly on the level of Ubisoft's last ditch effort to make rabbids relevant. Did you really have to use the most hilarious example of game cross overs?

This is what exactly what Marz was back in the day; They're using it to test new mechanics to see what fans want for the next game.
People bitched at Marz rightfully so, and sega made the Oratorio Tangram and Force HD ports in response. This game is just a test to figure out how people respond to the 4th weapon and the point system to make combat more aggression focused. Notice how there is a bunch of Virtual On stuff outside this game announced too? This is just part of the revival plans.

You're getting a new regular Virtual On in the future; this is just a test filler with no risk. You can ignore it if you want with no fears. I already pre-ordered it because it looks great despite not caring about the Index series.

There is actually a reason why this crossover came to be; Sega said they were planning to do more crossovers with Dengeki Bunko after the success of Fighting Climax. Then at the last Virtual On anniversary event they announced the Index/Virtual On crossover light novel and sega said they had a new game in the works. Fast forward to now and you get this game; the product of a continuation of the Dengeki Bunko collaboration and the first step in Sega reviving the VO franchise with no worries of financial burdens thanks to the index ip/the cash it will bring.

Once again, anime is saving video games. Bless you, Japan.

shygddt

When did i talk about the gameplay? I was just saying that the justification of anime robots was stupid as fuck

Did you really have to use one of the most stupid excuses to defend the game?