After a lot of time, I finally finished Final fantasy 6. I liked it. What do you think about it?

After a lot of time, I finally finished Final fantasy 6. I liked it. What do you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KMDXxFcpv-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's something I really like about this game, once you have Celes Edgar and Setzer you're set, you can go right to the final boss no questions asked, but now so much content has opened up, multiple elemental dragons to fight, all those party member quests to regain all of them.
I love this way of designing a late game, here's mountains of stuff to do but you don't have to if you don't want. I remember Locke the first character you have full control of is like super late too.

When I first played it, way back on the PS1 release, I couldn't figure out how to use Sabin's blitz attacks for the life of me and thus never got past Vargas. It was poorly explained.

It was a pretty good game, but the difficulty was trivial and the esper system of growth advancement was poorly implemented. Also way too many bugs, though some of them are pretty fun to destroy the game with. I prefer Brave New World to vanilla. I consider it basically the quintessential way to play the game. I wish all games got great romhacks like that.

I liked it when it first came out. Loved it. But that was long ago.
I have no idea how younger people can play through such comparatively bad gameplay now.
Is it a rite of passage thing?

world of balance into world of ruin was really cool for the time

I like how Kefka's final boss fight is made a total joke due to a single typo in his programming.

His offense stats are supposed to be 80 Attack & 80 Magic Power, but instead it's 80 attack power and & just 8 Magic Power.
All of his damage-dealing attacks except Havoc Wing and his generic attack scale off of Magic Power.
This never got fixed in any of the ports.

Doesnt help that his attacks do split damage(IE: an 4000 damage attack will do 1000 damage to each of the 4 party members, instead of 4000 damage each)

High water mark for the series. Prepare for semi-sci-fi garbage for basically the rest of the series if you haven't played them yet.

needed more magitek armor segments
Or something like the vehicle system in Metal Max, but with the magitek armors

GOD TIER
FINAL FANTASY 8
FINAL FANTASY 3 NES VERSION

DOG SHIT TIER
EVERYTHING ELSE

nah gay

You gotta wait for more replies in the thread before you pull this weak shit, user.

its really too easy.

process*

Just personal preference after going back and beating them back to back up to nine. Eight really stood out as a "fantasy" the world was really broken and rich with some form of history around it and the end game was amazing. Three for the nes brought in the job system which was super fun right away and the story didn't hold you back in to grinding a sick party together. That and once again three brought which was first at the time and end game dungeon with loads of bosses to fight and cool items to collect.

1 and 2 are just kinda proto types, the get a decent nod.
4 is "muh story and fallen knight redemption" bullshit, going to the moon on a whale was kinda cool.
5 is a slooooooooogggg, but the job system kinda saved it.
6 is that case of trying to be too perfect and then coming off as too safe, I really thought more of the characters should have died through the process to add more depth to the "ruined world", Kefka is a good chuckle of a villian.
7 is overrated dog shit designed for literal niggers.
9 was a good way to end the series, just a huge mish mash of all the originals thrown together, the ending was shit though.

BLOG POST OVER
It was just my personal experience after going back and replaying all of them.

Also, I can type and do speak English. I had to much coffee.

Did you farm an economizer for every character? Did you farm an entire imp set and beat the game as imps?
Apply yourself.

Who're you trying to fool here.

Best Final Fantasy

I DON'T FUCKING KNOW
DRAGON QUEST IS BETTER ANYWAYS

no, just lvl 99 & ultima duh!
I am not autistic :^)

it was okay. i liked FFIV way better though

Why the fuck would you do that when Quick>Ultima/Osmose x2 does everything for you?

If you actually want to have fun with the game, ban Wind God, Imp, Econs and Master Scrolls. Just build your characters around their gimmicks, like giving Cyan a Quick spell or something.

FFVI was fun to exploit.

My favorite party was Edgar, Strago, Sabin and Cyan.

Give Cyan a Quick spell, Strago on support, Sabin suplexing all day, and Edgar pulling OP gadget shit out his ass for free. Don't even really need espers all that much.

Personally, I just Rasped the Cultist Tower Boss until he ran out of mana and an hero'd.

That would probably help speed it up, because it takes a sandwichsworth amount of time for him to deplete his own magic.

Is it just me or was Gau really…underpowered? His special ability seemed incredibly situational.

you have to experiment with him, in the original game he was seriously overpowered because of a Rage for the Stray cat, which allowed him to attack 4 times, while compounded with a weapon that rather frequently hit all enemies with an extra attack, normally only usable by Cyan. In the remakes this was fixed, but his Rages are still fucking crazy with the Master's Scroll.

most are crap, but Stray Cat allows attacks up to 4 times, and with the master scroll that's 16 since it counts as a physical attack, nothing to scoff at, even when Gau can't equip anything. downside is that only physical specials can be used.

Used to be he could equip two swords with a merit award, and this included the wind katanas that more then occasionally did wind attacks on every enemy at once as well as physical attacks. Look up Wind God Gau.

Gau is ok I guess.

(checked)
first I've heard of this typo ting. the important question - is there a ROM hack that fixes this? I'm getting the hankering to replay 1-10 again for nostalgia's sake.

Incredible game, OP. It was during the Golden Years of Squaresoft before the Enix merger and the downfall that we are still witnessing today.

off-topic art piece

Good game to this time
Some tropes are overused but when this was made it was something new

You can do many things to change details on the game despite it being so linear

The way everything develop feels nice
The music is very characteristic and the MP lasts enough for you to find a save point, that makes it not very challenging but then again it is fun even without that challenge

RIP General Leo.
Also, the Opera theme probably is one of the most timeless pieces of video game music to have ever been produced.

OP here, I nearly did the same thing as shown in this vid to win. Setzer with imp gear, fixed dice, offering and black belt = average of over 20000 damage every attack, countering enemy attacks and perfect physical defence.

Terra's theme chokes me up to this very day

It's Searching for Friends that gets me. The moment it starts playing for the first time is the moment you realize it isn't all over and there's still a sliver of hope for a dying world. And of course it's also when the final dungeon becomes accessible and you're actually able to confront Kefka.

It was alright. But the clumsy game design was disappointing, especially after the terrific FF5.

Final Fantasy VI is up there for me, it's a toss up between VI, VII and IX for my favorite.

6 is the crown jewel of the series. Not that 7 is bad, but it's definitely overrated. Kefka beats the absolute shit out of Sephiroth, the characters are much better, the World of Balance/Ruin shift was completely unexpected, and the way the latter half of content was built was excellent. 7 owes much of its fame to marketing:

Again, 7 isn't bad. I just think 6 was deeper and more complex. I do enjoy how customizable the materia system is, though.

I wish there was one, but I haven't heard of anything. There are so many ridiculous glitches to take advantage of and so much cut content.

A solid ROM hack could fix all of these, clean up whatever translation errors there might be, and possibly add in the GBA extra content into the SNES version.

Edgar, Terra, Locke, Celes

I wouldn't play it again without the brave new world patch or something because of all the balance problems that make all combat a joke except for a couple of puzzle fights. I think most, if not every final fantasy game is seriously let down by this.

But the story, cast and all the neat stuff you can do in the world of ruin mean it's still a fine game without, especially the first time playing it.

Like most Final Fantasy games, VI is a game with a fair bit of depth, all of which is completely pissed away on being far too easy.

It's the best Final Fantasy of the series, and the standard that I hold other FF games to.

It has the most unique setting, the cast is huge and varied, the soundtrack is wonderful, and it came to be at a time during the perfect storm of talent, back when Squaresoft still had talent. I don't know why people jizz over the thought of an FF7 remake, when FF6 could offer so much more.

No fucking way. Provide proof.

Because you can cast ultima 99 times in a row per character without doing anything else

I've played every main single player game except for 3 and 8. 6 is the only one I couldn't finish. It just seems so fucking boring. I've tried to play it twice now and just can't do it.

At least you're honest about having shit taste.

What FF games should I try if the only ones I finished were I and II on iOS?

the best final fantasy

Why not three for the price of one?

FF7 at the time was a excellent game. Personally it is my favorite FF after 6. The thing with re makes though is that 7 really dosent need it, it still holds up fine, the music is good the graphics are fine, sure theres shit that could be expanded on, especially minor shit like the scale soldier shit, or the rts mini game, but its really fine as is. 6 however could have much more added, from cut content like the czar dragon to better character building for some characters like mog, umaro or gogo. Really though none of the ff games need remaking or re imagining. They were all good for the time and they are still fine.

FFVII is a 7/10 at best and here's why:

1. The game is far too easy. Even with the very limited resources of a low-level playthrough running from every random battle, the game really struggles to provide genuinely challenging bosses. It does not do enough to encourage the player to take advantage of its strategic depth, and as a result said depth is fairly inconsequential and wasted as a source of replay variety.

2. Too much unskippable exposition between real gameplay chunks. Not an unexpected feature for an RPG but I levy the criticism whenever it's a problem.

It gets a 7/10 instead of a 6/10 because it has a strong array of side questing. Too bad they don't last beyond that singular 100% playthrough experience that everyone does once.

youtube.com/watch?v=KMDXxFcpv-M

This part of the song is so glorious.

FFVII is a 5/10 if you're not a nip.

So who do you think are the best arena fighters?

Actually it's Gogo. Just set Tools twice.

Fucking pleb stop playing games at all of you can’t even do it right

I couldn't finish it at first because i didn't have a manual at the time so i never figured out how to use that one guy's combos. I had to read a FAQ later to explain to me when you're supposed to actually put in the inputs.

i get that, when i first saw the screenshots of the game back in the day i imagined the magitek armors would be a bigger deal in the game mechanics

Heh, plebs abound as usual i see

I liked the way you can choose a few chapters in which order to play them, but I thought in every other way but graphics it was a stepdown from V. Focusing so heavily on characters again instead of a job system felt so limiting, and the esper system is grind galore. I'd argue that it has the best musif of the non-CD games.

low tier bait

I saw a screenshot of Final Fantasy III online and it looked like nothing I'd ever played before, I had my parents buy a used copy at Funcoland. As my first JRPG it was incredible, even the intro was amazing, probably the only cinematic thing I'd ever played. I couldn't think of anything else until I beat it. My cousin would come over and we'd play it together, he also thought it was amazing.

It was one of the last games to give magic memories to people that make you realize the potential video games have. Both FFVI and Chrono Trigger did this for me, and they're the only two I feel this way about.

Combat is a bit of a mess. There's loads of characters that have gimmicks to them that are not very useful.

When it comes to gameplay: FFX really sorted that out by making each character actually fulfill a role.

I imagine everyone has experienced this once that's played through the game.

of the 4 I've played, ff7, 9, 10 - 6 has to be the worst. Worst characters, stupidest story moments, and most boring combat

the game has a sort of charm only a lonely teenager can appreciate.
the game is good if you have strong imagination because on the surface its a walking simulator with 10/10 visuals/music/atmosphere.
it is only fun only if you tinker with the battle system and impose extra difficulty.
if you care about the plot you will end up rushing through battles to see the next cutscene which makes it boring because battles are really easy due to espers.

vid related is the purest manifestation of an autistic FF fan, but he does make a good analysis.

well, in case of terra's trance thing, I forget what affects the length, but you can make it last quite long, if you just reserve it for boss fights.

Genji gear?

Holy shit, you weren't kidding about the autism.

Actually shadow does not use throw in arena. Mog is pretty good if you don't teach him any dances. He is one of the few characters that normally can get 255 defense making him take 1 point of damage front row, and 0 damage back row.