Why are companies giving away so many games lately?

>World in Conflict: Complete Edition will be FREE and downloadable for PC from December 4th to December 11th. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on PC will be available for FREE from December 11th to December 18th.
Uplay is required

Easy goodwill, hopefully some boost in flagship titles sales, one of the few marketing moves that is a net benefit for the customers.

You've answered your own question

>(((ubisoft DRM client))) required

Usually because they're about to release a sequel to the game they're about to give away which has already sold its course, so they might as well give it away for free which tends to attract more publicity and potential buyers than putting it on a sale.

it's gratis not free :^)

please no

Can't wait for tranny sniper teams, strong women squad leaders, nigger east coast gang tankists and hindu helicopter pilots. Oh and the most jewy voice from NY would be the HQ.

Because giving away a game digitally costs them nothing and both games are so old as to be unlikely to sell for anything anyway I think WiC is essentially freeware too. If ~1,000,000 people take advantage of the offer and only 1% keep Uplay installed and in regular use that's still 10,000 new customers and a ton of free publicity.

GEE I DON'T KNOW
FUCKING RETARD

Not worth a new thread, but if you want stuff for near-free, Redbox is dumping a lot of the Xbone and PS4 inventories for $5 per game. Dark Souls 3 and Rocket League are two being sold for that at the moment, DewM was, last week or so. I bought DS3 just to bolster my Yakuza machine's library.

OLOLOLO

It is a mystery.

It's Christmas, user! They're in the holiday spirit.

Been tons on HumbleBlunder lately.

toplel, its like giving away cancer

Giving away an old game doesn't cost them much. Hell a lot of the games that they give away have micro transactions and other GaaS bullshit. So they can actually earn some shekels.

Also all those gifts require you to make accounts, install software etc. I'll never be able to finish Nier Automata because I refuse to make a SquareEnix account. Data is worth money now.

Tl;dr just fucking pirate already if you want free games, sharing is caring

Besides Uplay, it sounds that you only get to play them for "free" only for a limited time.

I thought it was abandonware since they abandoned the servers

/thread

Why does a drug dealer give the first hit free?

i spit at them

To boast the uPlay install base to shareholders. That's literally the only reason.

If it's free, it's because:

Nothing is ever free.

DAILY REMINDER TO PIRATE WORLD IN CONFLICT LMAO

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I WONDER WHY

are you serious? theyre trying to make room on their hard drives. what do they need room for? w-well thats an impolite question

bread-and-circuses kike shit