Gamecube and Wii games coming to Nvidia Shield in China

Expect them to come to the Switch as well.

Now if only we had a decent PS2 emulator that could be ported over to Android and Switch

archive.is/a7Y8k

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/nQqfr
archive.fo/ZZGM7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

huh, surprised more people aren't talking about this.

Either way I hope this means we can emulate games like Custom Robo and F-Zero GX on Switch/Android.

explain this, Nintoddlers.

There are PS2 emulators for Android already dummy

It'll probably be released at the same time. This was just an announcement for the Nvidia system.

The Shield has had Gamecube games since 2012 though

Yeah, but they're fucking shit.

To be fair, Nintendo can probably easily emulate everything up to the WiiU on the switch since they have access to the actual architecture. Unlike Dolphin who spends years trying to figure things out.

APKs where?

True. But at this point emulator devs know just as much as Nintendo does, if not even MORE than Nintendo, with regards to hardware quirks and such

Nintendos actual virtual console emulators have been known to have inaccuracies when emulating other ROMs. It;s obvious Nintendo relies on a lot of hacks, probably for performance reasons.

Likely never. Shield exclusive apps require root to run on non-Shield devices as you need to emulate the Shield hardware with software like GLTools or the software will either refuse to boot or come with a lot of graphical glitches

Source; Half-Life 2 and Portal for Android

If they put Melee on it before the Switch i'm fucking rioting!

It's China.

I have a Shield Tablet so I'd like to see how they run on it.

true enough, but they also control the low level APIs for the Switch. I wouldn't be surprised if it runs better on Switch than it does Android.

user… I

Oh my.

Nintendo could sell May-Lay in upscaled resolution with minor balance changes for 30 bucks and the fighting community would buy it in droves.

Dolphin devfags on suicide watch

Pretty much. I'm still surprised they never made a Melee HD aka just take the shit from Smash 5 and Project M, smash it together and call it a day.

Not necessarily, look at

Just add 16:9 support and netplay. That's literally all it would take to sell MILLIONS of copies. The game's memetic status is huge. Countless of people watch it yearly at EVO.

Why does she look so lewd

Now you fucked up. The maylay community is extremely autistic and would reject those changes and never play it (they will buy it regardless).

Nintendo will never put melee on switch because they know it will destroy the sales of any new smash bros games

From what I understand, part of Nintendo's partnership with Nvidia is putting their games on the Shield, but only in China. They're doing this so that they can circumvent all the regulations China has about game consoles and build mindshare for Nintendo within China.

Only the ultra niche community of meleefags would actually care about Melee being on the Switch. If Nintendo released Melee for the Switch tomorrow normalfags would either not buy or buy it and only play until a newer Smash game comes out.
Pic unrelated is the captcha I got just now that I'll be saving for dubs threads

reminder that everyone who has ever partnered with nvidia regretted it immensely shortly afterwards and swore to never do it again.
microsoft when producing the original xbox worked with Nvidia had plans to release a slim xbox that were ultimately scrapped, forced the 7th generation to be ushered in, in order to salvage years of work with ATi hastily creating a dx10 style pipeline on their latest dx9 graphics hardware.
Sony was forced to work with Nvidia after their planned NEC PowerVR graphics hardware fell through, releasing the PS3 as a tremendously underpowered system that would have to rely on developers utilizing the CPU for extended graphics functionality, going so far as saying the Nvidia GPU is just a crutch and ultimately games will mostly utilize the cell processor

Nintendo is next to regret their decision, and it's starting with giving them license to distribute on their platform in arrangement for over priced graphics hardware.

Okay, then explain why is Mario Party 2 on Wii U officially even though Wii U already has Mario Party 10.

I thought they ended that law a few years ago.

Popping in to say
Switch has native support for the gamecube controller adapter for the wii.
And despite not having any software that takes advantage of it. CAN read the analog input from the controllers

They ended the ban, they're subject to a bunch of awful fucking taxes and regulations now.

for 300 dollars it better suck my dick too

Just fucking use dolphin as usual.

will my dream of FFCC with online support finally come true?

My fucking Dick. I know theres some hard anti nintendo sentiment from some passive cucks on Holla Forums but that game was a fucking delight.

I bet you think Uncharted Tomb Raider was a failure at 3.56 million copies, kill yourself.

I'm just saying, faggot, the switch is literally already geared for Gamecube games.

That's still a thing? I literally can't remember a single story about it or advertisement for it or actually any presence whatsoever after the announcement. Was it mostly marketed to third-worlders or what?

SMG was good enough but holy shit the music was incredible. The OST is almost Ghibli-tier.

Nigga, please.

How would you even play Mario Galaxy without the nunchuks?

By mapping the waggle to a button instead. If this were actually going to be emulated on the Switch I'd expect the Joycons to be used similar to the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

archive.fo/nQqfr
archive.fo/ZZGM7

The nunchuks have buttons… The issue I was thinking about was the motion controls and pointing at the screen to shoot stars. How would that work on a handheld?

D E A D

You do know that the original game got several revisions right?

You are fucking stupid as shit Jesud Christ, the game is popular as fuck and Melee related videos and streams still get hundreds of thousands of views. The meme status of the game is HUGE.

I guess the Revolution will be televised after all :^)

Isn't that how it work already? I thought they at the very least had waggle, as in moving the controller to perform actions like the Wiimote.

That was a pretty useless feature of the game, I'd expect they either remove the star bits thing or… Is the Switch tactile? Jesus, the console is wasted potential if not.

It was a really good game, it's just that Nintendo has been fucking shit, and basically the 2 good decisions they made in the last 5 years was helping fund plat for W101 and Bayo 2, as well as XBC2 having bong voices

because that came out a year and a half after MP10, after MP10 fucking flopped regardless

Aaaaand it's shit, complete shit.
Holy fuck Nintendo.