"Consoles are the patient zero of microtransaction." - Feminist pajeet token diversity hire

archive.fo/qV0Sl

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/xh0bk
stuffed.argonia-station.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parity_of_zero
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reply to this post if you've never bought a single microtransaction in your life. Be honest.

Can you fuck off and make a real thread?

Everything about both that post and this thread is shit, check my doubles and listen to this user (checked)

I am more and more convinced that people that buy or have bought microtransactions are absolute, weak-willed retards. How are people so mentally weak that the pychological pressure from microtransactions actually convince them to throw their money away?

And I've never pre-ordered anything, either.

shit thread, op
put more effort into the next one or better never make one again.

Haha, how do you do fellow Holla Forumsedditor? I too, follow Notch!

It's a good feeling.

TECHNICALLY I've bought microtransactions as gifts for friends when they asked for them on Christmas and such, but I've never bought one for myself.
Vid related is basically me, though.

I've never used money through the internet nor owned a credit card; i did have a friend who dropped a handful of bux on Rusty Hearts and i got a wig out of his spending. I'm also a NEET and probably borderline retarded.

Normally I feel mad when rami ismail says stupid shit but like.
I mean, I got like father embarassed his kid said something stupid vibes of this. like I'm not even mad I'm just like, embarassed and kind of want to say. "Rami, dedicated gaming hardware isn't analagous little buddy"

When did the parody's come to life?

Feels good man

That's motherfucking retarded. But this thread is shit anyways, let me save it with rolls.

I remember getting my dad to buy me some GrandChase cash as a birthday present when I was a stupid kid.
I also spent less than a dollar on a random TF2 hat in order to activate random drops after it became F2P.
I think that's about it.

That's beyond retarded. Name a game you don't need to buy some kind of hardware to play on. Tag?

let's roll.

Then again, it is Rami.
The same fag who says WE DEVELOPERS NOT GAMERS days after Iwata's death.

I have, there's only one instance I wouldn't regret, but do because the developers that same quarter decided to throw out everything fun about the game to appeal to a wider audience. That game is now forever on ice and honestly, deserved it.

He's right though, having a game console gives you a massive advantage over other players who don't have game consoles.

I bought a key in TF2 because I was a slowpoke who didn't get in until F2P, and I wanted the full inventory space. That's it.

hello fellow 90s kid

rolling it

This was written by an adult male.

this is the kind of retardation I'd expect from someone who says consoles are DRM.

Miitomo. 5$ in Miitomo Coins

How did this retard manage to make a decent game like Nuclear Throne?

I've made some regrettable vidya purchases in the past but never have I once bought a microtransaction.

Roll

That's just wrong.
Mobile gacha shit games were patient zero of microtransactions.
Then some (((suits))) smelled money in using these scams to get more shekels from buyfags.

I never bought single microtransaction in my life.
Playing games old as fuck with emulators helped in that a little.
The last console I bought was DS.

Rolling

I guess you've been setting sail on the high seas for quite sometime?

The idea of ‘memeing things into reality’ isn’t far-fetched when it’s an actionable goal, user.

It's was made in gamemaker.

You're really missing out, user.

Not only have I not done a single microtransaction, I've never so much as touched paid DLC either. It would please me to see everyone who has get the boats.
Actually, within the past decade or so I've switched to a complete refusal to buy games that use paid DLC at all. If only other people were smart enough to follow suit.

Literally nothing is good about Nuclear Throne and I don't know why people meme this. It's not good for it's shooter portions nor is it a good rogue-like. It's such pleb shit.

>tfw I lost my badge of honor because Nu-Blizz baited me with my favorite character of all time and promised me the world
I deserve any bullying I get. 5$ down the drain.

Actually, i'm largely anti-piracy; if a game's older than five years, though, i'd say it's less piracy and more salvaging. Still not fully legal and above-board, mark you, but most companies stop caring by that point.

Well, I guess that means you aren't BORDERLINE retarded.

Why?

Haven't done it. The closest I'm done to a micro transaction was upgrading the free version (basically a pretty fun demo) of Steel Diver: Sub Wars to the premium version. That was long before they implemented the use of 3DS play coins to play online matches for the free version users.

Played quite a bit of Nintendo Badge Arcade and had instances where you had a single badge I wanted left in the catcher but still didn't pay because I could only think of how many more years would I see that badge on my 3DS screen for anyway?

?
Is that some obscure reference? Did you type “rope” and have auto correct fuck you?

Eh, after about a decade you stop feeling lonely, even if you don’t stop being lonely.

A person or a company makes a game, and having made it, they set a price for it. To partake of the product without giving the fee they set to enjoy it is immoral. As time goes on, as profit margins and projected monetary inflow thins, and as methods to obtain the game drop drastically, the companies and people don't care nearly so much about protecting the product and practically leave it to rot. Not that i'm saying any piracy is good, but taking older games is certainly less of a blow for an individual or company that's hoping to get a large payout from their product. Also i have no money so it's not like i can play the 'i'll pay them if it's good' card; kind of torn over BoneTown to be frank.

Is he seriously implying that purchasing a console to run a game is the same thing as purchasing a game for a device you already own, then paying to get the complete version of the game?

rollan

So basically your problem is that you still respect people who do not respect you. Got it.

No, not the rope. DLC apologists don't get the rope, that's too kind of an end for them. No, for the people propping up the worst practices in the industry, scaphism is the only appropriate end.

They never cared. If they did they would provide a demo.

I will never understand the buyfag mentality and why these retards still have some sense of loyalty to the cancer ruining videogames.

That's fucking retarded, and I'm not even a piracy supporter.
The producer of a thing is not the one who determines the price, it's the person looking to buy the thing.
Piracy is simply a consequence of vidya companies failing to respond to market forces, and is neither an indictment nor a complement of the moral standing of the people taking part in it.

I love when subhuman diversity hires try to have a thought. Its always shit.

checking those dubs and hoping for trips

I don't think try is the word to use here.

Eh, I won't live for another decade, but at least I'll never feel the cold emptiness of loneliness, even when I feel the cold grasp of death.

OP, at least post the full article
archive.is/xh0bk

A product is offered, and a price is set; you can take it or leave it in good conscience, but you cannot, with any decency, take the product while leaving a lesser amount, up to and including zero, because that's all you think it's worth. You could, of course, without any morality or decency, take the product (piracy), but it's certainly not a good or noble action; you may be a rogue all you wish, but don't pretend as if you're righteous for doing so.

Conversely, in this modern age of digital distribution and steam sales, the price is still highly flexible, but the point stands.

Pirating is totally immoral though, let's not pretend it isn't.
But it's kind of important to not mince terms either, Downloading abandonware/media doesn't really qualify as software piracy. Nicalis you shitbags I didn't forget about you trying to steal the rights to cave story and removing the freeware version
But you are correct it is a service quality issue, good job identifying that.

CHECKING YOUR DUBS, NOW CHECK MINE!

They're more righteous and moral than anyone who allows the perpetuation of a harmful practice.
A person causing harm to a shitty publisher is morally superior to a person who causes harm to all consumers.

Why would I spend more money than I've already spent on a game?

Fuck off, Rami.

You aren't causing harm to the company though, you opted to pirate the game rather than stealing it.
If anything you'd probably help the company because you'd end up talking about the game after playing it pirated rather than letting it rot away on it's own.

How about not playing the game at all in protest instead of having your cake and eating it too, you hypocrite.

Hes absolutely fucking wrong
PC was actually the patient zero with Flash games, then it got popularized to Korean plebs via F2P garbage, then it got popularized to plebs via mobile, then it got popularized to Worldwide plebs via skins microtransactions thanks to Valve and then finally it made its way to consoles.
Still
No thanks

Nah, but thanks for the suggestion.

The problem with his argument is that, to the best of my knowledge, Nintendo is the only company for whom the console isn't a loss leader. Nintendo is the only company that makes money off of the console: Microsoft and Sony lose money on every console that they make up for in game sales.

Just to derail this thread. Anyone else read Ready Player One and think that OASIS' economic model is bullshit.

Want to get off the n00b world? Pay the company.
Want to go somewhere you've already been before? Pay the company.
Want to access nearly any content in the game, including content that you have previously paid to access? Pay the company.

I don't think I've ever have.
I did buy a "premium" account once, which made me realize it wasn't worth it.

Piracy is not stealing though; it's a classic example of a black market, where people willingly put up with the various problems of the black market (fiddling with torrent trackers, trying to find a seeded file, etc.) because the legal market is fucked in some way (prices are too damn high, the product being distributed is not in a complete state, you want the JP version instead of the NISA localized version)

No.
Memorizing toilet cleaner labels is more fun that that piece of wastepaper.

Either you think the game is shit enough that it isn't worth your time, or you want the game but feel entitled to it without compensation
Ya can't have it both ways without being a hypocrite, and considering this is a moral argument.
Ya done lost.

i have sinned a lot user-kun.

Playing overpriced garbage and justifying drm is good for you.
(you)

Friendly reminder that book and the majority of all "how do you do fellow nerds" tier shit is conditioning towards cybercommunism which is conditioning for straight up communism.

MUH DICK!

I most certainly can. The game exists both as a product (includes DRM, DLC, etc.) and its content (the actual game itself).
A game can be excellent, yet burdened with things like Denuvo, Steam, or paid DLC. You, the fool who pays for games that use these things, are paying for a whole that is completely inseparable. If you want the content, you must accept the product. I, on the other hand, am able to separate this content from the product, something that you aren't even capable of comprehending apparently.

tl;dr nah.

Mate exacerbating it with semantics to justify your actions don't change the fact by your own standards you're immoral, just own it.

Can you provide sources for the Nicalis stuff? I'm finding a bunch about them being scummy and shady, but nothing about targeting the original version.

Not sure if the forum still exists it was on Gamewinners

Zero is even.

so?

Same. I just don't see the logic behind it. I barely even buy PC games anymore because of the games are tied to Steam.

The fuck?
Marxism misunderstands that communism stops working once there's no Consanguinity between the people, and states that people really dislike astronomical wealth gaps Don't kill Ken Lewish, former CEO of Bank of America though!, as well as providing certain goods and services to certain groups like guns to muslims or cough syrup to niggers might backfire
Also
Marx's mother

Reroll mechanics are for faggots and I'm not rolling for shit where there isn't an equal chance of rolling odd or even, it's not mathematically sound.

Proud to say I've never bought a microtransaction

did you know we have a /hgg/ thread about this kind of thing
stuffed.argonia-station.com/

At least I think I haven't. I once bought some space add-on for X-plane mobile.

I admit I`ve made bad purchases but never ever spent a dime on a fucking digital hat

Time to spin the wheel

I explicitly went out of my way to not say stealing, but piracy is immoral; you're procuring a product while circumventing the requirements set by the owners/creators of that product for being allowed to use it. Justifying your actions based on how you view the marketplace is completely ignoring the facts of the matter. I will say that getting a version that isn't available in your market for one reason or another is a better reason than 'i dont think this is good enough to pay for but i still think its good enough to play'.

Never spent a dime on them.

Does anyone have the source of this lecture and the context/points they bring up? I need to analyze what the hell they're trying to shovel at these shitshow GDC lectures these days.

funny thing to, wasn't Karl a welfare surfing bum his entire life?

Karl Marx never ran a company. Never held political office. Never oversaw any accounts. Never had a job. Any job. He was supported throughout his entire life by his friend, Friedrich Engles, the son of a wealthy factory owner. Marx is considered by many to be the greatest social, political, and economic philosopher of all time. All applications of his theories have ended in failure.

It's complicated.

It doesnt matter if the last digit is odd or even, only the second to last one, which doesn't need a reroll if "zero".

my honor is intact

no, actually it's not
even ignoring the fact that many video game publishers are bad actors who it's literally impossible to do anything immoral to because they've rendered themselves beyond the protection of the moral law (though many things you could do to hurt them would be bad moves from a pragmatic perspective, and of course collateral damage can still render action against them immoral), there's nothing wrong with pirating a game you think you might like before you commit to spending money on it
you're the kind of retarded polesmoker who says using adblock is immoral

Never really thought about it…
I don't think i have.
No i don't think i have. I've thought about doing it for one FTP stuff i like, and wanted to support, but didn't have the cash on hand at the time. Is this like difficult for Holla Forums or something? Are you whales? Just a reminder, only %10 of the player base of a game are whales.

No, check MY doubles you repeat-less twat.

None that I can remember.

So let us say you want to read a certain book. It's a nice little story but nothing that will change the world or anything, just something you would like to read. Turns out the company selling this book is run by an insane man and the book is like 100 dollars or some crazy shit.
Is it immoral to download a pdf online? It hurts nobody, as it ain't like someone is gonna spend 100 bucks on an average little book anyway. Certainly you weren't.
However, he set the price so if you want to read it you gotta pay.

I'm my opinion, I'd say it wasn't immoral to circumvent the purchase.

"intellectual property" is a legal construct intended to subsidize creators for a limited time that has been stretched beyond the point of absurdity to line the pockets of middlemen (creators typically don't benefit from the overreaching parts)
it is not a fundamental feature of reality or morality

Spiral Knights?

anything except glass would be fine with me

Payday 2 dlc

It's from 2016, but fuck if I can find an archived schedule for it. Everything autolinks to 2018.

he was a filthy disease ridden unwashed degenerated leech.
you need to pay for tickets to visit his grave.

checkan & rollan

Hey, I was only 16, I didn't know any better and wanted to impress my friends. That being said, EA has done this shit since 2009, and anyone who is all of a sudden having an issue with EA is a fucking moron. The only reason so many redditors got upset about this is because it's Star Wars, and they don't give a shit about what EA does in EA Sport games.

rami tries so hard

is geese a microtransaction?

Doesn't this dumbfuck know most consoles are sold at a loss?

Rolling.

(checked)
Rollen

That's a little different, since it's usually free websites that has annoying ads that may border on malicious in terms of being able to close it and/or burn your bandwidth on streaming videos you don't want or need to watch. But yeah, a site needs money to run and most sites can only use shitty ad revenue to stay afloat; usually sites that're so removed from any community that they can't rely on user support to not bottom out on money, but still a site you're likely using and may well want to stay alive. A shame everything can't be free forever, but most of this wouldn't fly in communism, anyhow.

You could, of course, just not read the book, which is what i'd do. Maybe find some book reviews and learn that the book isn't that great, possibly buy it second-hand for much less, or, and this is one of those life hacks all the kids talk about, find it in a public library and read it there. It's also a hundred bux less that the writer (publishing company) is getting; of course, if it were run through a publishing company, they'd read it and put a fair price on it, so i doubt it'd be a benjy if it didn't warrant it somehow.

Traffic laws are arbitrary designations, too, but they keep car accidents from happening as long as people follow them and also i guess if there isn't come catastrophic mechanical breakdown. I do think that people should continue to work and produce rather than resting on royalties, but as long as the original creator is still alive they should still receive some measure of inflow for their past works; some for companies, but the humanism of the notion weans. To this end, i'm ambivalent on old games being sold, since the companies probably deserve a bit of dosh but i don't want to pay anything for a SNES game in this day and age. I did kind of want those retro-compact consoles, but not enough to actually try to buy one, especially since the shit was limited and the scalpers came out of the woodwork like lice. I'd rather load a PSP with SNES roms and call it a day.

I've bought expansion packs.
Subscriptions
DLC

But not Microtransactions and especially not Blind Box ones.

The closest is boosterpacks of actual cards where I at least got something physical regardless of doubles. check 'em

roll

rollan

I may have fallen for the Todd Howard lie.
I may have purchased an expansion that was more of the same.
I may have subscribed to an MMO.
I may have purchased an Early Access game.

But I have not, nor will I ever, buy a microtransaction. I feel like for the few wrongs I may have committed, I've done at least one thing right.

Remember when expansion packs where 1/2 the cost of the game and came with a brand new campaign.

I don't remember that, no. I remember Diablo 2 launching at $50, and LoD launching at $40, which in the end is the same price as buying a $60 game and a $30 season pass which contains as much content as expansion packs typically did.

I bought TF2 premium. Other than that, I have never ever touched a microtransaction.

roll

I guess dirt in my dick isn't the worst thing that could have happened to me.

Rolling.

The most retarded thing Ive ever wasted money on was steam trading cards when they were first introduced because I was convinced prices would only get higher over time instead of lowering to a few cents and stabilizing.

Penis

I bought precisely one lootbox for Mass Effect 3, with money that was remaining on my account from an earlier game purchase which was too small to be of any use without putting on even more money. And I got fuck-all out of the box. Never touched them again.

Now, if you're talking about map packs, expansions, and costumes and shit for JRPGs, yeah I bought a number of those. Mostly Gaylo 3 multiplayer maps to play with friends and a bunch of clothes and mock weapons for PSP2i. So long as I know exactly what I'm getting, I'm a lot more forgiving, even if I know the items are overpriced.

I also subbed to PSO's Hunter's License from Dreamcast launch of v.2 to the shutdown of the NGC servers - as well as paid for PSU from it's launch on PS2 to the shut-down of the 360 servers. I payed $5~8 a month to play a online RPG that wasn't even a fucking MMO.

So, yeah… can't say I'm innocent.

well now…

This man seriously needs to get a brain scan. There's obviously something very wrong with it.

When I was late teens and in college, I would buy those card packs for those online CCGs now and then. Mainly because I had just got my first debit card and bank account and thought it was fun to buy things with it. This was 2004, though, before the cancer was so evident.

That really depends ,define what a microtransaction is;because i don't know what you would define as micro and also what you mean by transaction

I bought League skins for a friend because he enjoyed the game and really wanted them. I've never bought one for myself though.

Silk please.

Wouldn't the arcades be patient zero for microtransactions? You have to keep inserting small amounts of money in order to make up for your failure at the game. Also fuck people like this. They give bait comments and then instead of expanding upon them and explaining what they mean they just give snarky "Um sweetie, no. You're just wrong" responses.

Watch out, user. There's a handful of really vocal nostalgiafags that will piss their pants if you bring up the fact that arcades were the original pay2win cancer.

This guy is so deep in the marxist kool-aid that you could probably get him to argue that charging money for games is oppressive and unfair to the financially impaired.

Unless buying a steam trading card with steam wallet money I got from selling other trading cards counts.

Arcade machines at least have the excuse of being hypothetically public for anyone to use at an arcade.

What the fuck Rami.

How the fuck is $400 "micro".

It is like saying a DVD player is a microtransaction.

If you git gud at an arcade machine you can potentially see every bit of content. Gitting gud at modern vidya doesn't unlock DLC as a reward

The leftist perspective would be that developers are entitled to the entirety of their labor, instead of kike publishers extracting their surplus value while paying them a fraction of the revenue they generated.

The problem is that the majority of the games were designed to extract shekels via cheap deaths that can only be overcome via repetition and rote memorization… repetition and rote memorization that can only be achieved through pumping quarters into the machine.

heh.

It's a loss leader, where you sell a thing at a loss to make your profit off of the supplies for it, like printers and ink or razors and blades.
Combining this with the fact that a person is willing to spend larger sums of money than usual if they can pay over time and you get the freemium model, the ultimate loss leader, and the first time such a thing was referred to as "microtransactions".
From there it's only a hop, skip and a jump to double-dipping: full-price, profit-paying game unit sales plus microtransaction income.

Are you sure you're borderline retarted? Because you sound pretty sharp. As far as taking games that are new, it more feels like how much you respect the originator. Even if you act immorally to someone, they may not deserve your consideration.

Hide and seek. Playing Doctor? Pure imagination?

He's making a clumsy point about needing to buy something specific to play something that you can buy separately. He's being a contrarian faggot because he can't go and agree with us evil GooberGators, otherwise he'll be compromising his superior intellectual persona… Which is pretty funny when you consider that he's not a developer or much of a programmer. He's the PR guy for the other guy who makes all the games, but Rami takes all the credit for.

I've tried to argue with commies before and they think that people having hobbies and not being paid for them is evidence that communism can work. Rami is the kind of person who thinks that it's evil that people have to work for money at all. Push him on it and he'll probably tell you that he thinks consoles shouldn't exist, because it's unfair that everyone can't play every game without buying every console.. and also that it's unfair that you have to pay for the game itself.. and also that if we were all communists, then this sort of evil capitalism wouldn't happen, because clearly, a communist government would have money to ensure that everyone gets everything and no one is ever denied an opportunity to experience something.

Why would anyone with even a single brain cell pay for a (((microtransacion)))?

Zero isn't even. L2math

Communism can't work because it's wholly incompatible with human evolutionary psychology. Nice idea in theory though. Socialism could possibly work in a closed-border European ethno-state, that's about it. Anyway, the subhuman in the OP is just your typical non-white liberal with an inferiority complex.

Absolutely 0. I don't buy cosmetic DLC either. It's stuff already on your computer because you need the assets in order to render the shit on other players. Paying for shit already on your install is retarded as fuck.

He's a mudslime

I bought the additional hairs in the original Dragon's Dogma. That's the only time in my life that I have ever purchased a micro transaction.

I bought some extra inventory space in a mmo once. Locking off part of my inventory is underhanded enough to force me to pay for it. I dislike having to run back to town to sell stuff off. I avoided that issue in the future by dumping mmos for good.

Indians are a race.
Muslims are a religion.

Retard

Wouldn't everything be a "microtransaction" then? Can't play PC games without a PC, buying is therefore a "micro"transaction, etc., etc.

ive spent money in a game, entropia universe. its an MMORPG that you can cash out from. (1$ real= 10$ in game). i make more money in a day from my land deeds than i do from a savings bank account in a year.

Indians aren't a race, they're an ethnicity.

whoa I'd expect that type of autistic hairsplitting on Holla Forums.

He's not Indian you retard. Indians aren't Muslim and even if they were, he's Egyptian

rollin

Only for TF2 some years ago and only fewer than a dozen times. Nothing expensive, just paint and one vintage weapon to complete a set of two other vintage weapons. Punish me.

That chart makes no sense

I want to fuck those dolls.

Roll.

rolling

Oh, and I took part in the first Operation Payback for CS:GO partly because I knew the two guys that made cs_motel (Soctom, and Coxyx) from HL1 mod communities, and partly because I thought it was a cool idea at the time to have third-party level designers get in on the dosh.

Here's a (you). It's completely cosmetic and hence not p2w.

Feels good man.

Uh, what the fuck let's roll.

You fucking serious?

o/

once on an app and that's a basically more like a subscription to the service than a microtransaction
On actualy videogames, fucking never

Fuck off Kike, Egyptians don't exist anymore, he's an arab

Remember when Holla Forums was about discussion of video games instead of boring echo chambers discussing twitter posts?

Oh wait

rollan

Curious

Gas yourself OP and your shitty clickbait threads.

Zero is even. Learn to math.

Zero is neither.

dubs me up bro

No, zero is even.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parity_of_zero

Hello daddy

Protip: hurry in a curry has nothing to do with DEVELOPMENT of their games. Their dev is a white guy who sometimes streams his dev stuff on twitch, by himself.

Roll

rollan

Me too, user; feels bad man.

I blew around 300GBP on Maplestory back in the day. Does that count? I think I spent around 50GBP on Spiral Knights back in its Beta. I don't seem to play games that have microtransactions.

I bought the Mario Maker level in Sm4sh. Forgive me.

rolling
Did anyone tell this bastard to go back to his designated street y/n. I would, but no twatter.

Nothing ever.

It's not a particularly well explained image (and I suspect some anons here are probably doing it wrong). Basically the last digit determines which row your on while second last digit determines left column or right. 0 is only a reroll because there are only rows covering 1-9, not because it doesn't consider 0 as even (which would be stupid because then odd/even wouldn't be a 50:50 chance).

Never have, never will.

I watched that entire video. I will never get that time back

Not with my money.

…did you pay into Star Citizen?

Oh no wait nvm just remembered.
I bougjt pre frozen throne arthas skin in HotS 1.0 and all of the pandemic crap on the phone.

Brb committ8ng sudoku to regain honor

Great job

Roll

I suppose I'm a dollfugger nao

No, Arcade games were pay to play, not pay to win. You couldn't just pump in more quarters for a damage boost or infinite health if you were losing. They were specifically made to be as close to pay-2-notwin as possible, without actually being so impossible to beat that it drove customers away, so they could bait kids into pumping in more quarters after each loss.

Not always. A bunch of the shit I bought for PSP2i on the PSP was new unique content. If you entered a game online with equipment that the other players didn't have, or if you didn't purchase equipment that other players had - then they would just be rendered as stock beginner's gear.

Some games, like I think Fable II or III or something, required a separate compatibility patch just to see DLC content other players had - but you couldn't access. That's getting close to crossing the line, but IIRC it wasn't mandatory and it was something you had to "purchase" for zero cost.

In newer games, the content patches are just forced on you, which so far as I'm concerned - is still considered a part of the base game since it came as part of the original extended package in the form of continued support covered by the initial purchase. Only if it's something you have to specifically seek out and download on your own volition - but is otherwise not necessary - does it become unique content.

Yo.

Closest thing to microtransactions I've ever bought was buying Oblivion DLC with gifted money and even then I didn't buy the fucking horse armor. I haven't come within spitting distance of a microtransaction since.

COME OOOOON EVEN 2

What would you call buying new lives via continues? If someone spends $10 in quarters to keep resurrecting and ends up on the leaderboard, would you say that he bought his way to it or not? For obvious reasons it's not strictly an apples to apples comparison to home consoles but as the idea of "games as a service" grows (just like how you didn't own the arcade machine) it becomes more relevant.