Mega Man 30th Anniversary livestream

Today is the day place your bets
tbh i want a ZXA sequel to fix the ending instead of having legends 3

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/capcomunity
shmuplations.com/megaman/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A game that takes place in the new mega man tv series universe.

Godawful looking cartoon at the forefront
Some new figure, statue, or artbook
Megaman 11

Remaster pf Mega Man 1-3

A half hour stream in which they announce the new cartoon and then nothing else

A little explanation on the MMX timeline, because shit gets fucked after X5

Mega Man Legends 3, because Capcom thinks they understand what the fans want.

Because Capcom DOESN'T understand what the fans want, it will be outsourced to Bioware.

I'd geneiunely prefer nothing that something that would allow Capcom to continue sticking around and wasting their IP's.

Bad Megaman is actually a pretty cool character when you think about it. I don't mind him at all.
Companies should stop focusing on fanservice and try to actively piss off people by mocking them for their love instead of giving in to the demans in a half assed way.

twitch.tv/capcomunity
So

I'm going to laugh at you Mega Cucks when they don't even acknowledge the series, or pozz him very much that he would be renamed Pozz Man.

Absolutely nothing will happen because Capcom doesn't care about their best IP.

I'm somewhat curious as to why Capcom hasn't turned Megaman into a moba yet.

That's about it, even the least expected thing will e disappointment

Pick one and only one

No, disappointment is the most expected thing, the least expected thing would be MML3.

Preshow starts in about 10 minutes.

Time to see if I still feel.

Expect only the worst.

Rest in peace.

Btw, this is the pre-show, the "real" stream begins in 1 hour.

MEGANIZE ME

Just fucking show what you have to show you asshats.

It looks better than the original art, dare I say passable, but still nowhere near as good as the original design

Wake me up when the cancer stops.

I know

You're not going to wake up today.

A friendly reminder to everyone that Mega Man is spelled with a space.

Serious question. What's the point of this preshow? If there was a live audience like at a conference I could understand, but this is just padding time out for no reason

I would be genuinely surprised if it's anything other than some "make your own robotmaster" gachashit for phones.

I want to have some fun. What could be the most horrible outcome of what capcom will announce as a game?

Complete reboot, everything's all about the upcoming Man of Action cartoon.

^This^

Battle Network Mobile Game with lootboxes

Here's my OC robot máster: Shovelman

So like XOver?

To hype disappointment up? Also Capcom has has streams with giveaways from time to time. So they probably wanted to make it more of an event.

XOver was a terrible disappointment.

Is it time for Megaman Soccer 2 ?

If its like Mario Strikers, hopefully

Would you be interested if it was based on the upcoming cartoon?

What time will the stream be?

I need to know for the sticky

In 24 minutes

ETA 24min

its on in 23 min

Pre-show is already up. The actual event begins in 24 minutes.

In roughly 23 minutes. sup

Had it not came after Capcom basically giving a giant fuck you to Megaman fans, I'd have thought it was one of the best guest characters in a fighting game.

I loved the idea. People wanted Megaman and they got him, and it was a fun throwback to the bad boxart. But Capcom did it at a time it looked like a fuck you gesture instead of a fun throwback.

The game is Mega Man
The man is Megaman
Suck my dick

OH FUCK

What link should I put in the OP?

His name is Rock, get the fuck out

See

twitch.tv/capcomunity

No, we're talking about Megaman.
This is Rock.

edited and stickied

t. anons

user, just remember there is no such thing as pretending to be retarded.

The games are named after the character, Mega man.

Remember to spell it correctly, with space.

Even his name isn't Mega Man, that's OVER-1

I miss The Protomen, when's Act III?

Never Ever

Megaman is a Mega Man

The games are named after the character, he's Rockman

It really is a shame, I think The Protomen could've been the next big rock band. If they actually put out new music.

Except no,

I hope they say they uncancelled that Megaman Online from a few years ago

I know It'll never happen though.

That one is, sure, OVER-1 is the protagonist of XOVER. Most of the others aren't

The protagonist of the original series is named Rock, not Rockman or Mega Man
The protagonist of Mega Man X is just named X
The protagonist of Battle Network's real name is Hub, not megaman.exe
The protagonist of Legends is called Trigger

Muted

Do you see a space here?
Megaman was born in Japan so your wrong forever

mute the stream and pretend this is playing

Jesus fuck this rap.

Where's the rest of those shitty reveal ideas?

Well it's entirely possible if not for the chinese audience, however such games are dead in the west.

I could genuinely see them trying to reboot Battle Network with some kind of Persona-styled 3D installment

Dear user, the franchise is called Rockman/ロックマン in Japan. In West, it is known as Mega Man. The original trademark is still well and live.

FUCKING GAYMER GAYTERS

DAT WALLY
DAT WALLY

DO NOT TRALLY

So how come NuDoom ripped off the Canceled gritty Mega Man game

Seeing Capcom try to pander to chinks and have all of their games banned after being knocked off would be great.

You can't be disappointed if you don't expect anything out of it, user.

Fuck they must be embarrassed having trademarked the wrong name

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing that game under as a new IP. However it would've been the same shit at DmC if they actually released it, so I'm quite conflicted.

true

What sort of online component would you see them implementing if this were the case?

Too true, user. Dubs don't lie.

Bad ideas just can't stay dead

It never really occurred to me before now but Retro was probably trying to implement those finishing moves because they worked so hard making the third-person to first-person transitions in Prime feel smooth

1 Minute

Here we go…

Meh more like Bionic Commando, but Mega man games already have like 6 different variations so I don't think it would have been that big a deal.

True, but from what I recall they wanted to reboot Megaman X rather than make it its own thing

OH SHIT

Fuck Mega, lets get a Cut Man, Quick Man and Shadow Man game, but like DMC, only with robots

Probably some sort of PSO thing where you could talk to other players and see them walking around on the net, to hang out and trade chips, and then link your friends to your own homepage. Unless they overhaul the combat system I don't really see how there could be any kind of PvP or anything like that, although I guess if they gave you an expanded arena there could be some version of cooperative battle

Is that fucking ProJared, I'm glad I skipped the preshow

aww shit, Megaman X collection

Mega man x collection, okay.

That's modern game industry for you.

That's weird, I already bought that like ten years ago

I mean it's all 8 so it's even the shit ones.

yeah, but this one includes 7 and 8.

Also coming to Switch, PC, PS4 and Xboner.

I actually wish this was worked on to completion. My only complaints are:

1) Generic FPS weapons. A fucking machinegun and grenades? Really? Really? Where the fuck is my 6' diameter plasma wall that I release after a satisfying charge sequence?

2) I'm completely onboard for massive art deviations like how Zero did, but c'mon. At least stay true to the character. X was designed to be a dying doctor's teenage son. X is 5'3". Although he has seemed to physically grow over time, especially with the leap into Command Mission. I guess it'd be alright if this game took place even after that. But his role in the story is undermined if it he's not designed to be a proxy young-teen son.

This show's a lot ledwer than I remember. Are those from the seasons that didn't get dubbed?

I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing. I wonder if it will include the two Xtreme games, or Command Mission. Or Maverick Hunter and its anime short

That horrible PS2 Mega Man really needs to be improved because it sucks hard.

I hope so, but who knows.

BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE BURN BURN
IN HD

Literally all Zenimax subsidiaries do is copy other games and hope people don't notice.

NICE TRY

shift lock

Wouldn't be able to tell, I've yet to watch the show itself.

Nice try.

There's no need to bully, guys!

IT BEGINS

Special announcement coming up.

Mega Man X 7 really is garbage, I tried playing it few weeks back. I don't know how I managed to 100% it back in the day without getting frustrated.

Fuck you

Notice how all the titles listed in the stream are spelled with a space.

OH FUCK

To be fair, they're putting emphasis on the classic series.

OH GOD

OH MY

Oh my god I want to kill whoever was responsible for those animations

Still looks better than Mighty

Oh no.

its like Might blunder 9, but not shit (so far)

MEGA MAN 11

I noticed

At least the perspective isn't dogshit like most 2.5d or whatever you call them kind of games.

Well shieeet

OH YES

I don't know what I expected

"Hiyah!!" "Hiyah!" I'm sure that won't get annoying. Nope. No sir, not annoying one bit.

Well yeah, the game titles are spelled with a space
Megaman's games have always been spelled that way

=MIGHTY NO. 9==

Yeah, it's sort of flat, it keeps that fixed camera

Did that no-name fag on the far right just say this was "voxel-styled"

…Huh. That actually looks… pretty good. A good compromise of styles, putting hand-painted graphics into 2.5D.

Not sure about Rock's voice, though. Sounds too told. He's like 8.

How embarrassing.

Holy shit how did they let someone onto this panel who never played MM1

You are wrong

I'm going to wait to see more before saying anything, but hope is a bitch. It just keeps coming back.

Well that could have been worse

Care to elaborate? Physics look intact, art is acceptable, we haven't seen enough gameplay to make an overall judgment, the one weapon we've seen is fairly original.

What are you faulting it for?

so am I wrong, or id they show an instant win move against that boss with a cool down meter?

God damn it. It looks like trash.

So those Steam codes. Are they fake? I paste them as fast as I can but they don't work.

>It's something I always discuss with the team.

We still have men on the inside. Even now there is hope for man.

Do you really think someone else didn't get them first?

Putting all my money into Capcom fucking everything up and killing another franchise.

Interesting to hear the Japanese staff talking about Mega Man, not Rockman.

People use bot scrapers.

It's still too fast. This is why I don't bother with sweepstakes.

Megamans running animation looks off but that's my only complaint. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about this.

At least its better than nothing

Where can I get one?

Voice acting in Megaman's always sucked. I dunno why they still bother.

Not terribly excited about Mighty Mega Number Man, but one typical Capcom failure gave me hope: the "Late 2018" at the end. Hopefully this is a VERY early test version, and they can work on fixing the graphics/fixing the music/eliminating the Hyaahas in the long, long time in between now and it being released/cancelled.

They just announced Megaman 11.

8's voice acting was so bad it became good. This is just "eh", which is the middleground making it much worse.

The new design looks pretty neat.

That's not a plus, that should be a given
It really isn't. Looks pretty shit with the attempt to blend the styles they use. The light effects also look trash
I've seen enough to know they've learned nothing from their last blunder

Why would you do that? What possible reason would you have to be optimistic about it?

The design isn't really the problem for me, MM's 3D model looks off.

Holy fuck. The helmet emblem changes when you change weapons. That was Megaman's original design concept back in MM1. They just couldn't do it with the NES' hardware at the time.

Looks exactly like Sonic 4.

I don't know, I like what this character designer is showing. I just think the actual rendering looks like shit, those jumping animations are embarrassingly bad. It's almost on the same tier as the iOS port of X1

That it does, and that's sad. They could make it look so much more interesting.

This man Directed X7

aaaaaaand it's shit.

Wait, did he also direct X8?

Are we on suicide watch yet?

That's it, best megaman game ever for Holla Forums for 20 years. Who does not agree is a shill.

I wanted ZX3 god damn it

Why can't characters have large extremities anymore? Why does every appendage have to get thinner

Looks like they took a few cues from Sm4sh.

They were referring to the megaman collections, but if 11 will probably have support as well.

I think he had similar design flourishes in a comic at some point that predates it.

I want ZX games with the camera zoomed out so I don't feel cramped as fuck.

the game play looks decently close to classic Mega Man, but 3D models makes it look janky.

It's all in the numbers.

Because that wouldn't fit the modern sensibilities. It has to be lean and "make sense."

DR WILLY DID 9/11

That's terror.

The Archie comics? Yeah, the proportions are kind of similar

I don't know if I want to go back to post-X4 design where half of the fucking body is below the knee

Terroh bueelt eento da seestem

So is there gonna be anymore announcements or can I stop watching?
I just want MML3, I don't even care how bad it would be. I just want them to end the series

>left: Confident male determined to exterminate Robot (((Masters)))

wat

And thankfully, they have a year to fix that shit.
Again, not sure if they WILL because Capcom, but maybe there's hope.

Modern design sensibilities are utter shit. Japan has lost its way since the showa era ended.
At least they're not using the design from the "It's Nigga Time" cartoon. Whatever happened to that anyway?

That's actually because Megaman's design was a direct reference to Mazinger Z. Not that I personally care for it, but there you go.

See, that looks reasonable, though

I agree with you.

This stream is so boring holy shit

ANNOUNCE X9 AND LEGENDS 3 ALREADY

He gets it.

He knew why not to use halfassed 'modern retro' 2D

pretty much.

ROLL IS
CUTE

Sniper Joe game when

I like this guy. He seems to have a good grasp on design. I hope the execs don't fuck him over.

素晴らしい

I appreciate that he also recognizes the problems 3D brings with it.

You can't learn Japanese

Lolicon confirmed.

I'm not a big fan of the new design but at least he has decent ideas for the look once you obtain a weapon.

Roll was revealed a whole ago, and the redesign is cute.

New character designs are looking great all around, even Eddie and Rush.

In that spirit, have a blast from the past.

Dude was the main character designer for the Battle Network and Star Force series. Also did some of the reaverbots in Legends. Dude knows his shit.

They recognize Airman's superiority

The reason why I see that the DS and 3DS were failures was Nintendo's obsession with very low poly 3D games and trying to trying to make bad 3D games instead of good 2D games.

See, maybe it won't be complete shit. Those clean outlines to the level are really nice, and it's pretty unusual to see a 2.5D game not overexaggerate the z-depth of the level. Looks like a big Powered Up

Can't stop the top.

Sold

Sold.

The worst part about some of these 2.5d games is when a stage hazard is flat on the ground and you can't see it close up. I remember this happening a lot in the new Sonic games when they did the obligatory 2d segment.

Would kill them to make 2D games with 2D drawn sprites? If Cuphead can do it then no one else has any excuse.

Mega Man's stage designs have always been strong in the sense that you know what's where. Some of the modern 2D games tend to add foliage and a lot of other stuff on top of the levels to make them seem "real" and obscuring the platforms themselves.

2D sprites cost a lot more than 3D, sadly.

DS is the most successful console though.

so Evangelion X Megaman when?
We need to fight Sachielman, Ramielman, and Zeruelman

For everlasting peace.

Only when I get my Super Robot Wars fighting game.

I wanna play as GaoGaiGar and punch Eva-01 in the face

Why am I not surprised?

They really should stop shoving Bad Boxart Mega Man everywhere.

AJ Styles as a Maverick when ?

Then how can an indie studio manage to do it but somehow AAA developers can't? It doesn't make any sense.

I unironically like his design, fight me

It has nothing to do with capability and everything to do with willingness. Also, these big studios are comprised almost entirely of 3d animators, not 2d ones.

stream is over

I'm gonna keep it sitckied for another half hour and then unsticky

I like it too

One of the guys had to mortgage his house, that's how expensive it was

This is devastatingly true. Nobody goes to school for 2D animation anymore. It's a dying art. You do it as a hobbyist, and then if somebody wants your services you might get a gig like Cuphead. But it's one in a million even by art work's standards. If all you can do is 2D, I hope you like making TV commercials for prescription antidepressants, because that's your market share.

t. Almost went to school for art.

I won't, as taste is subjective and I respect yours.

YES please

Nevermind, bad box art Megaman sucks now.

HOLLY SHIT!

Mega Man 11 bitch :^)

Because indie studios are run by the devs so they can essentially work for free and just get shit done no matter how long it takes. Companies like Capcom have to pay their staff for every hour worked. So shit that takes forever is highly discouraged. Same reason why Vanillaware can do their shit they're probate and most likely a tight-knit studio. So some devs sacrificing some part to get the product out and look amazing can fly.

Then they should just stick to 3D games.

Do you know how much money Capcom pisses away on a daily basis? Have you seen SF5?

If not anything else, the dev staff seemed to have their heart in the right place.

That was mildly depressing.

I hope that Rockman 11 ends up being good, but my heart is in the Zero/EXE series and will probably always be there.

actual game play looks better then inafune's concept art.

SF5 is cheap as hell so much clipping and ugliness in that game. Plus SONY kicked in to help with the dev costs. By themselves they put out MVCI and everyone knows what a shit pile that is.

And MVC Infinite, and SFxT, we all know how those trainwrecks went

Oh shit, Mega Man 11 is really happening? First Xenoblade 2 comes out triggering SJWS after snubbing Tree House shortly after NISA's forced to apologize and eat shit from everyone including their Spike Chunsoft saviors and even the voice actors, now this?

What's next? An actual DMC5 and REMAKE 2 relatively/totally unpozzed? Will we eventually get Mega Man Legends 3? Is Capcom getting desperate and trying to win people back after the disaster of Street Fighter V and MVC:I?

Oh great, microtransaction.

I can't believe anyone thought the game would actually look like this.

It's a bit bland in visual terms, but I hope they won't introduce bloom any further.

It was cannibalized to make this.

If Current Leaks are to be believed they have been working on DMC5 (or it's called DMCV apparently) for 2 years already.

Gaist Crusher runs on the same engine as well, and supposedly used some of the animations seen in the DASH 3 videos to some extent.

So right after 4SE came out. Would make a decent amount of sense.

Checked.

Shank remotely looked like that. With $4M, it could easily have happened if Con Man hadn't done his thing and pocketed the cash.

Thought it was because Cuphead's animations are smooth, made for HD and intentionally designed ti look like a '30s cartoon instead of using traditional sprites that you'd see on a NES/GBA/PSP/Mega Drive/Saturn, etc.

Perhaps I spoke too soon.

A new actually good DMC and Ninja Gaiden with none of the pointless bullshit would alone fuel me for years to come but I wouldn't count on it.

Dan fucking up is still one of the funniest things i'v ever seen.

>All SJW localizers' are getting ignored

I'm calling it now. It'll fucking sucks.

I'm calling it's going to be Okay

the animation is a bit stiff but the art design is top notch imho. Game looks sexy. Sorry gorgot to record the sound.

But that's just MT Framework. Although supposedly the MT stands for Megaman Trigger.

forgot*

That's what I had in mind. Heard rumors from Langdon and Dan over a year ago in that DMC Convention. I just hope with my dubs and your trips, that good things keep on rolling again.

remember

yeah I posted a webm of that and there is also this more recent one.

Looks better Mighty No.9, that's for sure.

Don't worry, everybody gorgots something. I'm sure the trailer will be up on Youtube soon.

ABSOLUTE MADMEN

Dude's been having slips on the regular since then. There's no way that's not intentional.

It's stiff, but it's easy to tell Megaman and the enemies's current state at a glance so I guess it works.

I'm pretty sure that middle image was because of an engine switch. Weren't they touting CryEngine or something during the kickstarter?

No, it was always Unreal 3 throughout the production.

Now did they mention if the Legacy Collection 1 and 2 for Switch going to be bundled or merged together?

No.

MT Framework was spearheaded by Inafune to be used in a possible Legends 3 game. The engine got around a lot.

Assuming they're trying to mimic the NES animation, the stiffness makes some sense, but it would be nice to see things a bit more fluid.

audio fixed

Well I hope some people are able to find enjoyment in playing MM11. Because I know I won't.

Shit quality webm of the full announcement.
Shamelessly stolen from some loser's broken youtube video.
If anyone can do a better version, and within Holla Forums's size limit, please do.

It's always fun to see them and other voice actors have fun goofing off.

Speaking of Ninja Gaiden, how's Ni-Oh filling the void? From the looks of things, I'm a little stunned that Team Ninja managed to put something like that after going through development hell without Itagaki, and the same thing happened to him and his Devil's Third game, but to a less successful degree.

I know, but like

I'm enjoying this while I can.

BETTER THAN NOTHING

Ruben loves to troll us.

MIGHTY NO. 11=

Hmm. I guess I'm okay with it?

btw Dump Rolls, brehs.

If you say so.

Holy shit, did Mediocre No. 5.6 actually force Capcom to get off their asses and make a new Mega Man game?

Too bad they're still Crapcom.

Dubs don't lie, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I've seen more.

It didn't really force anything so much as it provided an opportunity to not look like the biggest pile of shit for once.

There are still retards willing to give money to Crapcom…

Maybe they're pulling a Toho whenever they decide to revive Godzilla?

Kind of a non-sequitur, but Roll is actually one of the few female characters I wouldn't mind becoming equally as playable as the male lead. It wouldn't feel like some kind of pandering bullshit at all, because Roll is the exact same spec as Megaman under the aesthetic addons. All he has that she doesn't is retrofitted weapons that weren't part of his original design anyways.

They're literally identical models. Roll was created to fill the help-at-home role Megaman was forced to abdicate. And that includes lifting multi-ton machinery around the lab for Light.

Checked.

Has Legends 3 been announced yet?

No, and probably never will be.

Part of me wonders if they're avoiding it just to let sleeping dogs lie. They know they fucked up.

The roll romhacks are surprisingly well done and you should definitely consider playing them.

P.S. Use the Super Arm on Rollchan 1 for a cute surprise

Nah they anonced Megaman X 1-8 collection and a non sprite based Mega Man 11.

I liked how Powered Up did Roll, making her a potent close-ranged melee fighter. Mix that with one of the pre-iOS Mega Man phone releases where charged shots used weapon energy and you got another interesting fighter type to go with Protoman's glass cannon state and Bass' agile but weak modes

I'm sorry for being autistic but god fucking damn it, Cap.

Trivia time; This particular redesign Roll got in the 90's is modeled after the 1960's magical girl Sally the Witch.

Animations could use some work, hopefully that's just because they're unfinished.

Art style is ok, t though personally I prefer the old 8-bit aesthetic. If they have to modernize it though, they've done a pretty good job.

It's interesting that Mega's appearance changes beyond just a palette swap when he uses a different weapon. The one shown is ok, hopefully they don't overdesign it with the others.

Reserved Hope / 10

They went with 3D, because there was a general feeling that dot graphics have overstayed their nostalgia as it is. Mega Man's changes are limited to head and arms to keep him recognizable and not to take things too far.

I mentioned this higher in the thread, but the little square on his helmet's forehead was always originally supposed to change shape when he changed weapons. They had to scrap the concept because the NES couldn't handle it. This is, ironically, a return to origin.

WE WUS KIRBY AND SHIT

shmuplations.com/megaman/
I wonder what Akira Kitamura is doing these days?

Probably nothing game related, he bankrupted his own company in the mid 90's.

Thanks for posting the link. Here's a symbol of my gratitude.

D-docta wowee

Mega Man, are you alright?

Are people seriously looking forward to this low-effort trash? It's going to be Sonic 4 all over again, complete with lifeless visuals and awful electronic music. What ever happened to Megaman being the edgiest, most metal, most exhilarating game around?

They could have done it 2D. I guess I see why they didn't, but I would have been happy with Megaman 8's visuals.

Honestly, I rather remakes than this crap. At least with remakes, if things go wrong you can always play the originals even if the remakes tries to retcon something. With sequels things just go on and on…

Mega Man was first and foremost modelled after 1970's kids' action cartoons, Mega Man X after 80's more serious cartoons and Legends is a straight up 90's Saturday morning cartoon.. Sonic 4 was bad due to physics first and foremost. I'm more interested to see how it plays rather than on how it looks. If its kept closer to the core design of the NES games in terms of visuals, I'm OK with that. Could use more flavour, but the less bloom and unnecessary elements on the screen, the better.

I look forward to 10 years from now, when the SleepyCabin guys are making antidepressant commercials to pay the rent.

Classic was never edgy. One of the main entire reasons the X series exists is because they knew that edginess would pollute Classic's Astro Boy tone. It can be thoughtful, but not grim.
The animations, especially the run animation, do feel like they need work. I don't know why Capcom puts synth rock in Mega Man games nowadays, when that choice was always a crutch for games on earlier hardware. Rock Man needs a rock soundtrack, and they've proven repeatedly that they have employees with the skill to do it, vid related, but for some reason, never assign them to the series where they're needed most.

It's 2 (1)s that showed up after the thread was already dead to start problems over non-complaints. I think you're taking bait.

I feel so god damn conflicted.

You're missing half of the equation.

Sit back, wait and see what comes of it?

That sounds terrible.

I HATE it when they pull this shit.

Corporate Capcom can eat shit, so I try to look at the devs themselves separately.

I agree user, while MHX had a rock soundtrack. Actual Megaman only used synth. It's always been an oddity to me.

Yes, that's the other problem: the music, but especially the choice of synths in particular.
Jun Senoue clearly intended to give it a Genesis-like sound, but the end result just feels like a cheap imitation and relies way too much on that meow mix synth.

Forces has the same problem.

Forces had some decent remixes at least

>mfw JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE

I'm sure you can do it user.

And Sonic 4 had Lost Labyrinth. Doesn't change the general trend.

I'd prefer we get a proper Mega Man X4. But I'm sure we'll just get more nostalgia-pandering garbage like 9 and 10 that completely ignore advancements in the series.

This is going to be absolute shit.
Capcom must be bleeding dry, or as lazy as EA. They put little to no effort into this.

While it doesn't look amazing and it's still current year Capcom baggage, Inafune getting btfo by Capcom of all people is still hilarious. Anyone remember how much high hopes MN9 had before the Dina shit? Strange how things completely reversed.

Wait and see for the usual Capcom fuckery before making any informed purchase. I swear, any faggots who forget about the past bullshit and pre-order anyway should consider suicide.

indie games look better than this.

Remember when Capcom had some passion in what they did?

Nowadays it is better to wait and see in everything.

Remember when Battle Network wasn't run on the ground with three unnecessary sequels after the third game, only to be topped by three more sequels with worse battle system?

for shame

That's also my problem with this. I feel like it's nostalgia pandering, but maybe it's because of the way the trailer was presented. Not like something bombastic like a proper announcement, I mean it's a new Megaman game and yet it's presented like "welp here's Megaman, whatever." I mean it still looks like it has something different and interesting concept.

this is bait right?

It's not bad, But I feel it's sorta lacking honestly. It's missing something and I don't know what it is

Megaman's animations have that weird floaty look that plagues a lot of 2.5D games. Otherwise, this looks fine to me. I'll take it other yet more 8-bit graphics, since that trend run it's course. Would have preferred a Megaman X 9 though.

Looks and sounds like shit. Mega Man is a dead franchise.

(checked)
Mighty No. 2: part 2 confirmed

I'm still waiting on a BR Mega Man game.

I don't think Mega Man X7/8 can fit on the 3DS without serious reworking.

Never Forgetti