Mfw i just picked up a mint condition PS2 with the following games for £20

What buyfag deals have you made lately and kept out of the hands of (((collectors))) or their hired destruction slavs?

Jesus Christ OP.
Where did you find all this, a garage sale?
it always amuses me when people don't know how much their shit is worth

Some dumb mum on Gumtree cleaning out her kids shit while he was away at college.

Does changing the disk read speed make any difference or not?

Now I have an original Xbox.

depends on the game. on outbreak fuuuuuccckkk nnnooooooo.

You need Panzer Dragoon Orta in your life.

Or any Sega game on that console.

Pretty good selection, especially considering Forbidden Siren 2 emulates so badly the hardwarefags actually have a point on this one.

That reminds me
Thank you Greg, wherever you are. You saved me from being Jewed by collectors.

I got OutRun 2 and Jet Set Radio Future for it. I've been looking for Panzer Dragoon Orta but no dice thus far.

Very nice, if true. I do hope you're planning to enjoy those games and not just sell them. Good luck finding a cheap Volume 4 of .hack.

A local multimedia place occasionally screws up prices in a way that makes for really cheap finds for me. Not quite dollar purchases, but I like finding games I've had interest in for anywhere from half to a sixth of the prices they usually are. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to warrant checking back. The way I see it, I get a good game to play for cheap, it keeps that copy out of filthy reseller hands, and denies them me as a potential customer. Being patient and not just buying the first copy of whatever you see has its benefits. Though, of course there's always the benefit of paying nothing with pirating older systems, and I certainly am not going to drop ridiculous prices on games like .hack without trying them out via emulation/loader first (I liked .hack but it is by no means an experience worth paying $200+ for; fuck that).

Could dig around for the text file I've kept with all my good finds at that place if there's actual interest.

What sort of place just gives away Xboxes they've stocked? At the very least the library generally isn't expensive to pick stuff up for aside from a few games. Even actually hard to find games like the Otogis are still only about $20.

Orta's easy to find where I live. Fairly cheap too.

They go for like 100 bucks each on eBay, do you realize how fucking lucky you are?

It was a small store. They had the Xbox there for a very long time, I think about a year after the console launched but, for some reason, they couldn't get rid of it.

You have no idea how jellymous of you I am right now, OP. Good job on getting that shit.

Huh. If it had been recent I'd have question why they'd have taken it in, but I guess they were just desperate for more space. Still surprising it wouldn't have sold between when you say they got it in and when you took it.

Pics or it didn't happen and even then you could still just be posting a picture of your collection that you built. Am I supposed to believe anything I read online?

Whatever, this text file needed updating anyhow, so I might as well copypasta it. Obviously not all of these are rare, nor did I get them all in one go (this has been over the last probably four years or so), but they were still good finds from the same local multimedia chain.

They also at one point had a copy of the Ar Nosurge Plus LE for $90, which sounds horrible until you realize that at the time it was going for $180 online due to scalpers (fucking Limited Print Run only physical release), and has only gotten more expensive since then. I already had a copy though, so I tried to let other anons that might be in the area know about it. Not sure if any picked it up, but it eventually left their display case after like three weeks of sitting there.

He could always post a screencap of the original gumtree add/posting (not sure how it works) that it was where he went. Though that might just cause some autistic user in the vicinity to break in to that woman's place looking for more.

Also, having reread that, it disgusts me that a parent would up and sell their kid's shit while he's not present to have a say so. OP may have benefited (again, if true) and I certainly won't fault him that, but unless the college kid gave actual permission, he's going to be fucking pissed when he finds out.

I picked up El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron for 6 bucks some time ago. How'd I do?

PS3 version? Not too bad I'd say, where I am that game doesn't show up much. Last I saw it it was $15 at a store that actually had it. I recall seeing the 360 version around a lot more, but I never kept tabs on the prices.

look up .hack volume 3.

He is lying.

my family from an african nation.

A rough game, but one I rather liked. Not sure why it goes for like $50 these days when there by all means should be no real demand, but I'm glad I didn't pay that much for it.

More like look up Quarantine to see what OP still stands to be spending to complete his set. That is a set of games where, unless I found Vol. 4 at an actually reasonable price (considering it's only a fourth of the overall .hack//IMOQ experience), I wouldn't even go looking for the rest.

i believe its because koudelka is actually the beginning of another franchise of games and like drakengard to nier its a tough game but its lineage makes it collector b8.

True, but at the same time it really shouldn't have demand. Most reviews at the time it came out shat on it to the point reception was so bad that Kikuta dropped out of vidya for half a decade, and and while the Shadow Hearts series has been better received over the years, playing Koudelka first isn't necessary (though I do feel it adds to the experience due to the chronology). Adding to that, none of the Shadow Hearts games have seen a PSN rerelease, let alone a compilation pack (unlike Wikipedia was claiming for a while), so beyond a small trickle of newcomers, I don't see what might be driving Koudelka to actually manage the prices it does. Is it hard to find? Sure. But it's the sort of hard game where I just don't see where the demand is to warrant $60+ on it. Especially since it plays much better in digital format (digital reducing the loading compared to discs).

Anybody want an Xbox HUGE?

i picked it up for £5 during the ps2 era assuming it was a victorian survival horror. Same with Trapt. didn't regret either purchase but sure as shit not horror.

But horror themed rpgs could do with a resurgence.

Yeah I was just thinking that. The mom was fucking retarded not only for being an ass to her son but she couldn't even jew him out for something worthwhile. He could've used that shit to pay for a chunk of tuition rather than her pocketing some fucking salad money

managed to pick up a copy of the art of Moebius for 62 dollars. Moebius was a famous comic book artist who worked on films like the empire strikes back, alien, and most importantly was the main inspiration for the artwork behind panzer dragoon and even painted the iconic japanese cover.

His artwork is fantastic and the price of the book is extraordinary, you can usually get copies on ebay for about 200-350, and on amazon for 250-400. Mine is a little worn but little in the way of a crease or smoothed edge, everything inside is perfect and it was a pleasant read.

You fat fuck.

Are you naked?
Have you been fucking your Xboxes?

pretty sure this is an old picture that's done the rounds plenty of times. its sorta like freaking out over the true way to hold an n64 controller

Still, one ought to mind their surroundings when taking a photo to begin with, even if that user's not the original one who took that photo. Especially of possible mirrors. Pic related.

Aside from Parasite Eve and Sweet Home, I don't really know of many more myself, and apparently Koudelka just didn't hit the sweet spot for it with the masses like Parasite Eve did (while Sweet home never had much chance at it as it's only in English via fan-translation). But perhaps it's for the best that those didn't get popular enough to stick around (and Koudelka switched from gothic horror with RPG elements to an RPG with horror designs/world on the PS2 with Shadow Hearts). Some indieshit company is working on a tactical RPG they claim to be inspired by both Xenogears and Shadow Hearts, and comments in an article linking the prerelease footage seem to say the devs clearly don't understand either work they're attempting to borrow from.

I know what you mean about something absurd going for chump change. I mean, I'm certainly not going to complain when I find a place selling something like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for $10, but at the same time I have to feel whoever traded it in was retarded to accept what the store was giving him for it in trade. Something like the aforementioned Path of Radiance copy I found, the prior owner must have gotten like $4 at best, if he had chosen store credit there.

they do this intentionally I believe

Well, I suppose it certainly gets their post attention.

To 95% of people that is all it's worth.

Assume he's not lying, OP lucked out with some bitch that clearly didn't know the value of what she was trying to sell, and he wasn't dumb enough to tell her otherwise. But for most people that know something about video games, and have some semblance of taste in games that hold some decent amount of value, I'd say chances are they're either going to take the ones they don't want anymore to an actual video game or at least multimedia store to get better money than they would at yard sales or craigslist, and that's if not they're not just selling them online themselves. Where I live, I have only rarely found anything worth picking up video game wise at yard sales, and the goodwills, savers, thrift stores, pawn shops, etc, have nothing worth buying for games either. Either everyone knows what they have and thus don't sell/donate their games at such things, or reselling scalper kikes make the rounds fast. Almost always just licensed shit, shovelware, and generic shooters at any of those; only times I've found otherwise was one place I got Pikmin 2 for $2, and another with a good amount of actual games, but the people running the yard sale were intentionally asking full aftermarket prices, all because they hadn't managed to find any takers of ebay prior (which begs the question: if you can't find customers for your shit at average prices on the web, where you can cast a tremendously wide net, what the fuck makes you think you're going to readily find someone going through your neighborhood that's willing to drop that kind of money?).

I'm lucky to know a few games stores around here with somewhat below average prices, and the local multimedia chain screws up every so often as well.

Not all of us are underage niggers like you; we know who moebius is.

Yes, for the PS3. I bought it at a CeX stand in an anime con in southeastern Spain then I saw another PS3 copy less than a month later at a CeX too. And I thought this game was really rare outside of Japan, here I am wondering why had I seen two copies of that game in that span of time.

Let me put it this way: In the last year where I am, aside from my own PS3 copy on my book shelf, I've seen it just once, and that copy got bought up pretty quick. There's not many PS3 games that I'd think are actually all that rare (or at least liable to shoot up in price once Fucking Gamestop stops stocking for the PS3), but that seems like a potential one, especially given it not having a digital PSN version either, and I'm not sure Ignition UTV has bothered reprinting it. Maybe you just hit an odd time where a few people were wanting to sell/trade their in locally, or maybe there's a difference in availability between NA and PAL. Looking at, say, Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow for the DS, it seems like online prices for the PAL version are a good bit lower than the local NA one, which would seem to hint that PAL has copies to spare whilst I never see it out here in stores (and it's like $50+ complete online out here).

Kind of a waste since the remaster came out and has a 4th volume.

You've got a gem right there.

One thing you should know about the Xbox though is that the disc slot will most likely have problems opening. This is because the rubber band that runs the mechanism is dried out and doesn't have the traction to open the disc slot.

If you lightly tap the top of your xbox while trying to open it, it usually works. Emphasis on lightly.

He didn't specify that it was G.U.

I'M
FUCKING
JEALOUS

What crackhead did you buy this from?

Read two posts down from the start.

Is it complete? Holy shit that is an amazing buy.