Star Wars games

Star Wars games thread. And mods. What are some good Star Wars mods?
Fuck off Disney-era jew trash

And some concept art for KOTOR3.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Army_trooper
pooprscooper.tartarus.feralhosting.com/swg/SWG_full_2.0.0.2c.7z
swglegends.com/
zelda.wikia.com/Ruto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dark Forces
Dark Forces II
Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy
Battlefront II (the real one)
KotOR II (the 1st is shit)
X-Wing/Tie Fighter series

Thrawn's Revenge for Empire at War FoC. Supposedly they are going to release 2.2 soon, which means more super star destroyer goodness.

Is there a mod to retroactively put Jedi Academy's combat into Jedi Outcast,

Has anyone played the First Strike mod for Battlefield 2142?

I follow one of their devs on youtube he said something about that releasing soon.

When?

Long since cancelled.

I thought they revived it through some dark magic or something, guess not

Let go, user. Any chance of having a proper ending died with the tortanic. Just assume Revan and the exile infiltrated the sith empire and had a big adventure full of le gray morality and stuff

What are you talking about? It came out in 2011, guys!

rebublig gommando

I didn't think it was that bad.

with nubioware at the helm, do you really honestly want to see it happen?

If it didn't have wow combat I'd play it.

Sorta hard to believe that was six years ago.

Every thread, every time

Oh, you better believe you're getting bannu.

It was a decent F2P time sink that wasn't worth $200,000,000.

Don't remind me, man. It feels like yesterday to me.

TOR wasn't exactly the unbelievable disaster it's made out to be, but it really is fucking bad

THE GOOD
>the playerbase are really fucking easy to piss off i got reported for having the longest possible name you could along with the bounty hunter title, which looked like and people got mad that it filled their screen
THE BAD

You/your favorite developer/the developer of the last game you played/a drugged up weasel just got a license to make a SW game. It can be any genre, set in any era and you have the option to set it in the Legends continuity. What happens?

I make Imperial Commando, except it plays like Rainbow Six. Then I make a sequel to TIE Fighter, with branching storylines, endings and all that shit. Also, Imperial Agent cRPG where you hunt Rebel scum and shoah aliens.

Then I wake up and cry in my bed because it will never be real.

ALL THOSE FUN GAMES THAT WILL NEVER EVER BE RELEASED
FUCK YOU DISNEY =AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

Nice redtext.

I still want to play that fucking darth maul game. For it's story weirdness, the Force Unleashed games were rather enjoyable.

Daily reminder that the Empire did nothing wrong.

Like said Thrawns Revenge is probably one of the best EaW mods out. EaW:RE is a close second if you're looking for something a little more vanilla.
Sins of a Solar Empire has a couple great mods too if you're into 4x.

I personally work on Galaxy at War for MoW AS2 and mainly the Call to Arms version but I don't want to look like a huge fucking shill for it, our last release for AS2 has some bugs and needs some file tinkering to get it working with the latest game versions

Goddamn shame LucasArts management was such a cluster fuck. Like didn't they have some CoD clone fps that was pretty much done and ready for release on the 360 cancelled for some fucking reason?

Empire did plenty wrong.
But they're still a thousand times better than the rebel scum.

I love the Empire to hell and back but you can't deny their chain of command was topped by fucking idiots.

Nice try, Disney

I wish for another sequel that will never comeā€¦

I really, really hate that movie. It's my least favorite movie of 1-6. I'd say "of the whole series" but that might seem to legitimize the evil of the mouse. I hate ewoks, I hate how horribly illogical the entire ending sequence was. I hated that they decided to rebuild the death star orbiting some tiny jungle planetoid instead of in the center of the most heavily defended part of Imperial space. I hated that the troopers stationed there, defending the shield generator - you know, the one protecting the super weapon, The Emperor, Lord Vader and probably all kinds of imperial personnel - were rank amateurs who couldn't defeat teddy bears armed with sticks and rocks. I'm not saying I wanted Luke and company to get murdered by stormtroopers or something, I just really hate how fucking stupid it makes everyone seem. It doesn't do a very good job of convincing me that it was anything other than a bunch of random bullshit.

Nucanon Empire is made out to be even more pants on head retarded. It might sound stupid but my biggest gripe was how they made Stormtroopers be the standard Imperial infantry, I liked how in the EU they were more like Rangers than your normal grunts.
If you ever seen Rebels they even manage to fuck up Thrawn, where the only good part was the season 3 finale where he fucks up the rebels.

Pretty much this, even when the Emperor mentions how they have the best legion on Endor 501st will always be the best they still act retarded. The only decent part of that film was the Luke/Vader fight with the Emperor taunting Luke.

*ID is different cause I'm on Data and it likes to switch me when it cuts out**

video?

Here's part of the episode, it's a two-part finale with the second episode being the ground assault. It's still typical rebels getting away but he does a number on their fleet.
I know it's jewtube but I'm on my phone and can't webm it

Galaxy in Turmoil is coming out very soon.

Why is everything made out of gasoline and paper mache and why does Star Wars keep forgetting it has shields?

It's funny how loosely shields are applied, in Starfighter Assault for both OG and NuBattlefront 2 the frigates and Corvette don't have shields where you can take them out in a couple of attack runs in a single Tie/X-Wing.

Webm'ed uuuu

That fucking bugged me. Also the proton bomb comment.

Mate, you hit the nail on the head for the single worst thing about Star Wars - the Empire is written to lose. I remember when I first realized that as a kid, it was just a moment of pure 'Man screw this, these rebels aren't the plucky underdogs they're damn cheaters!' It's pretty much the moment I decided I would root for the Empire from that point on.

thanks

Proton Bombs have been around since the old EU. I still recall them from Rogue Squadron, Battlefront 2 classic, and Jedi Academy specifically.

What really annoys me on second watching is that the Rebels could've turned in any direction and avoided that 'blockade' for miles beforehand. It's like that scene in Austin Powers with the steamroller. Just move out of the fucking wa-
WHY DO THE STAR DESTROYERS HAVE SUCH LONG NECKS?

I always compare the empire to Carthage, and the Rebels to Rome. Carthage had the means to fully win punic wars 2.0 with Hannibal, but Rome refused to surrender after they got their asses handed to them by based hannibal. They should have surrendered after consecutive nasty defeats as they were supposed to based on war time rules. Not to mention Carthage were dicks to hannibal and didn't want to bend over backwards to his demands.

tldr: romans were cheating fucks

Sure, but the Carthaginians were (((mercantile))) cucks who betrayed their homeland and practiced in (((blood libel))).

I remember when I first watched the movies as kids I loved the Empire from the very start. I find it hilarious how the Empire is written out to be "muh ebul space Nazis" yet a lot of people prefer them over the rebels.

The shitty art style Rebels uses that why, what baffles me is even with Disney Rebels gets like less than half the funding Clone Wars did, which is why the art and animations looks fucking shit.

Fucking phone changing my id again

Why do people like Star Wars? I find it painfully boring.

Sure, they were merchants, but at their worse they're much better than what rome was/became with their degeneracy and complete genocide and land conquering.

The lore is really nice.It's really interesting learning about the galaxy and the history it contains, especially the history of different jedi and sith and their eternal conflict with each other.

Ship combat and open warfare. Jew-di and Sith-Edgelords aren't really interesting in the grand scale of the thing although appeal to normalfags like how Wizards and Witches are appealing.
From an autismal /tg/ point of view Star Wars naval battles used to be pretty good. Even when it was Empire vs Rebels there was lots of ship options and ways to construct a fleet.

Having the volkish strength to take the kinds of beatings that would make any other kingdom or state in that period capitulate, but decide to pick up the pieces, raise new legions and go at it again is anything but cheating. The Romans simply wanted victory more.

Jedi and Sith would be interesting if Jedi weren't Mary Sues and Sith weren't mustache twirling bullies with the emotional maturity of five year olds. It's something of a miracle the whole galaxy hasn't decided to shoah all force sensitives considering just how many catastrophic wars have been initiated because Jedi and Sith want to kill each other.

Same here. It's probably because the movies are presented in the same way like indiana jones or pirates of the caribbean. Highly unappealing, boring and only liked because it has this hollywood-tier comedy in it.

wew
I bet you hate shit like the clones, too

Jedi are gay. Sith are edgelords, Grey Jedi sound like Mary Sues. They should just all be wiped out like the Jews they are.

I said the open warfare as well faggot. I bet you can't even into tactics.

ok

Like>>13915846 said the lore is decently interesting if you stick with pre-disney canon.
The biggest turnoff for me is how fucking whiny and cancerous the fanbase is. I honestly find the Clone Wars fans to be annoying to the point where it pisses me off. I release a demo for my star wars mod a month back and I expect half the people where whining about how I didn't have any clone wars stuff in there and sure enough I was right.

I think it's more so that the Jedi/Sith are fucking everywhere. I mean the best episode arc of the clone wars series was the Umbara arc where it was just the clones.

They have no real drawbacks. Jedi can't give in to emotion and act like soulless automatons most of the time, Sith are powerful but go batshit insane because of the power, neither side can use the exclusive powers of the other side. Grey Jedi have their cake and eat it too and seem to suffer no drawbacks. If they have such a good thing going why isn't anyone an enlightened centrist?

This is true. I also hate whenever someone "Special" turns out to be a Jedi or Sith. Really fucking annoying and overused like Superweapons.

It's one of the reasons why Republic commando is one of my favorite SW games. No Jedi or Sith just badass clone spec-ops kicking Droid and lizard ass alike.
They also managed to make Palpatine less interesting in NuCanon, I remember there being a theory in old EU where he was building up the Empire to fight off the Vong invasion. Now it's just cause he's an evil guy.

Grey Jedi aren't everywhere because most people who think the Jedi are idiots just end up becoming Sith
They're also lazy assholes who sit around minding their own business and generally not participating in galactic affairs, because star wars stories are at their core usually saturday morning cartoon affairs and the writers need an excuse to never involve them, to keep the generic moral binary intact

Pretty sure that both the light an the dark side are constantly trying to pull you to themselves and it is hard to not lose yourself. Also Jedi likely hate you because you are a ebil Sithlord in their eyes and Sith hate you anyway since they hate absolutely anything including themselves original characters do not steal

A bad writer creates bad characters, no matter the character's alignment. The whole point of a Jedi is that their must keep their emotions fully in check, become almost sociopathic when it comes to the order's rules. The point of the Sith is those who strive for more power and let their dark emotions guide them. Their anger, hate, and jealousy which leads them to strive for more and more power. The grey Jedi aren't meant to be those who don't really want power, they're the ones who understand that emotions are part of their own being and that bottling them up like the Jedi leads to them being sociopathic or a small nudge away from turning full Sith. They let their emotions out and let them guide them, but they let their joy and love guide them instead of the full edgelord of the Sith. In all it's just shitty writers who don't understand that they aren't some superman who can lightning your ass but isn't super evil, but are more like the guy who is content with living their life.

1.x and 2.x were genuinely decent as Sith Warrior or Imperial Agent

Again, that's Mary Sue tier shit. If love and hugs are all that is needed not to become a Sith then why aren't all Jedi doing it? Why do they strive so hard to suppress their emotions when there's a better alternative?

The whole point of the Sith is they are what a force user becomes once they give in to their emotions and base desires. Grey Jedi are basically "cool dude with space magic", there's nothing special or unique about them, no big counter to balance the immense power they wield.

Yeah, Mary Sue.

you don't understand how star wars works and are probably underage

They should lack any ambition is what I'm trying to say. Thus their emotions don't let them strive for more power like the sith. Nor should they really strive to become one with the force like the Jedi do. Instead they should be content with enough the power that they weild.

Alright Georgie boy whats the one single way in which star wars works?

Again, the issue is that they have the power but no clear drawbacks. It's like Superman without the weakness to kryptonite and lead. The Jedi and Sith have to pay a big price to wield space magic, Grey Jedi don't.

Them wielding space magic is because they're the ubermench of star wars, them being content in their power thus never really gaining enough power to rival the Jedi or Sith is their drawback.

The thing with the Jedi is they don't have to pay that high a price
That was the whole point of introducing the Jedi council's ridiculous rules in the prequels, to show that the Jedi were just as bad in their own way and were only furthering the cause of the Sith by having far more strict and unrealistic expectations than they needed to, that they adopted and enforced ironically out of fear

The Emperor was always overconfident.

Surprisingly, most of them are at least decent. I guess that's a side effect of most of them being PC games from the 90s/2000s.

the imp agent story is still worth playing
all other class stories are shit though

lana beniko is the only decent waifu, otherwise I agree on most of your points

Imperial Commando would have been fucking great. Now that Disney owns the IP we'll never get a good game from the perspective of the Empire

Agree with you completely. It was more fun when they were elite infantry that people were actually supposed to be scared of. I hate how they were turned into disposable, untrained cannon fodder like the putties from power rangers

Twileks.>>13916106
Post those glorious victories for the Empire!

Why the fuck does this series seem like it has half the competency at best of the hold one? who is running the show now? nothing looks like it has actual love and detail put into it, the star field isin't even rendered half the time so they are fighting in a black void?
Why do the star destroyers look way out of proportion and what the fuck is that fun-sized old republic hammerhead the rebels are fielding and why would you even dare field something thousands of years out of date even in desperation.

Because a woman is in charge.

Reminder that Lucas paid out of his own pocket to ensure each episode of Clone Wars was made with quality in mind. I can't say all episodes were good, but at least they were entertaining. Rebels just makes me want to vomit, everything original about it is garbage and the only interesting things is the stuff they cannibalized from the EU and Clone Wars. Also, the endless leftist virtue signaling and villains being presented as nonthreatening buffoons (sans Thrawn) got old really fast.

Also, Clone Wars had an interesting cast of characters that worked well, while the cast of Rebels is full of unlikeable cunts. Even the fucking droid is an obnoxious asshole. HK-47 was loyal despite constantly reminding you of your fleshy status.

It definitely was. I liked the clone wars series but holy hell were there a lot of episodes that put me to sleep. They should have focused solely on the battles and not some boring, half-asses story where we follow a group of younglings for 4 episodes straight.

Reminder that EA is 4 years into their 10 year contract with Disney and they've only released 2 games. The first being so underwhelming the playerbase died in two months and the second being so scummy with it's business practices it tanked their value by $3 billion

Galaxy in Turmoil is releasing. But has been rebranded to no longer be a Star Wars game. Now it's just gonna be a totally-not-Star Wars game.

Not from the umbara arc, but vid related is pretty relevant to the direction it takes

That's awful. Just terrible. How could they do this when at worst all they have to do is copy the films?

I would not be surprised if EA only went for that license to keep their competitors from putting out games that could hurt sales of their own franchises

But there are no more franchises, Mass Effect is dead, Dead Space is dead, KOTOR is dead, etc.

Yes, you and I understand that, but the executives at EA don't. I guarantee you that they still see Mass Effect as a potentially profitable IP and I'd be surprised if they aren't already planning the next one to be released in the next 4-5 years.

But EA publicly said ME is canned, among other things.

They publicly also said that it's just sleeping as they still have "hope" for the series to be able to make money in the near future.

oh well, in any case this may be the case of some Marvel's IPs getting mediocre releases so they can keep the license like Fantastic Four.

t. kreia

Anyone here play Force Commander? It was an RTS where you play as the Imperials in the campaign mode, I played it a long time ago and didn't get very far through it. Also Star Wars: Demolition for the PS1 which had a great soundtrack.

This is why I've never played anything with Kyle Katarn in it aside from DF 1. I used to have the anoat sewer sequence memorised.

wait, if the stormtroopers aren't the infantry, who is?

I played the demo of Force Commander a long time ago. It doesn't play like a typical FPS and I remember being underwhelmed by it. I do like the fact that it has an Imperial campaign though.
Originally Stormtroopers were meant to be elite troops, and the regular Imperial Army was comprised of these guys: starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Army_trooper

And then there's that other game, not out yet, but EA kill their development studio and are reworking it.

In 4 years you'd expect there to be half a dozen games on such a desirable IP from a publisher as large as EA. It's like they brought it not out of a desire to profit from it but rather a desire to stop other publishers and developers from profiting off it.

Shit like this was why I was so willing to give Rebels a chance. Clone Wars started off so fucking garbage and trash but it found itself during the second and third season. It wasn't perfect, and it had its really bad episodes for sure, but it achieve a nice plateau with a consistent tone and quality about it after a while. I still remember the visuals of the Battle of Mandalore like the back of my hand.

Rebels is, what, 4 seasons in and it's still tonally inconstant and poorly thought out? The only thing I remember from it despite watching like 3 seasons of that garbage is the things that piss me off. Like the B-Wing Death Star laser. Fucking atrocious.

The fact that it wasn't something like that TIE Fighter animation was pretty disappointing. I've written off everything post-Disney buyout due to TFA being trash, and the fact they threw out the entire canon.

Shame I.M.P.S didn't put any ideas in to any heads. Episode 3 never ever.

A shame indeed.

TIE pilots die too often. The squad wouldn't survive the first season.

Don't crush anons dream

TIE Pilots dies so often because they don't have Protagonist Armour. Even then I'd like a series where characters die off with common regularly.

They had elite squadrons of TIE pilots who flew things like Interceptors, Phantoms or Defenders. Their casualty rates were much lower.

Or any armor, for that matter.

You remembered the Phantom, but not the Avenger?

This.
Having a pilot that survives while all his teammates die, and he becomes a veteran that deal with the FNGs would be great.

Ah, you forget, user, that they've released quite a few mobilegame shits

Holy hell that was cringy as fuck.
I've seen fanmade videos made by literal virgins be more badass and serious than this.

Come on.
Also, bot matches in BF2 are fucking shit. AI on normal? It's a cakewalk. AI on Elite? Impossible to win because friendly AI spends their time walking into walls instead of doing anything remotely useful, won't cap or defend points, and you can get 60+ kills and still have no chance of winning.
Maps in BF2 are also inferior to BF1, and so many gameplay changes are downgrades, like killstreaks and gimped weapons.

It's a childrens' cartoon. You're actually surprised any part of it is retarded? This is the same type demographic as that retarded Avatar anime wannabe where all the super evil villains that totally took over the entire world couldn't be any more effective against the "heroes" than giving them an angry stare.

Some of us were born before 2004, faggot.

Yidney.

RC also managed to put forth the effort to create and use original music instead of just recycling to increasingly inappropriate usage all the John Williams movie soundtracks.

Look, you want to know why there are so many random cuts? It's the same as all the normalfag and kid-popular youtube videos with jump cuts every couple words. It's to foster, perpetuate, and intensify the destruction of attention span so people can't be bothered paying attention to anything deep or complex. And it doesn't stop at making people more complacent and able to "enjoy" increasingly poor and unintelligent entertainment.

Now that's what I call low energy hand-crafted "cartoon" animation.

The worst thing in Rebels is how they are bent on shoehorning the nucanon to wrap it up, plus putting the Hera x Kanan relationship on the foreground and more implicit than it was before.

Pic related is all the writers for Star Wars: Rebels. They are from L.A. Commifornia.

SFM porn makers are better animators than BioWare employees.

That's not an excuse. Being for kids doesn't excuse it of anything. The Clone Wars 3d was for kids and it was surprisingly good to watch after the first season or two. Also you're wrong about Avatar (unless you're talking about Korra), it had complex themes and delivered them well.

A lot of them worked on Clone Wars didn't they?

Look at those noses.

Your explanation is wrong then. There are well written cartoons that are made for kids.

SFM is easily to animate people/creatures with, it was designed specifically for human animation in mind.
It's very bad at anything else, if you want to animate something like an explosion you're basically fucked.

There's plenty of SFM characters used for porn that aren't human and don't use human rigging. I can't argue the explosion thing because I honestly don't see much explosions in SFM porn.

Would you believe someone actually managed to make that species look attractive?

Bugmen need not apply.

Pick one and only one.

userā€¦.

>>>/die/

I think it's more to do with cosplay sluts* and the disease ridden whore orgy stories that accompany them.

*also furfags

Nah, I'm talking 2d

Why are you? How else could you claim to know they're all shit? You just called yourself a bugman, whatever that means. Nice goalpost moving, ad hominem, etc and so fourth. You could've saved everyone time and just not posted.

you're on one of the most hidden video game boards on the net, on an imageboard that regularly lists vore, mlp and hentai boards on the top, in a star wars thread. What highground do you have to be chasetising someone for watching clone wars, a show that evolved into one of the best pieces of star wars media despite orignally being a children's show.

Thank you for admitting defeat.

I'm just objectively superior to you and you're only proving that.

Pretty much just outed yourself as a shitposter. Enjoy your last (You) from me.

eat a bullet nigger

Pathetic. It's a simple fact, cartoons made for children should not be watched by adults, and the star wars CGI cartoon is simply doing what is expected of other childrens' cartoons, being lazily done and providing no real threat to the heroes while rapidly changing visuals to destroy attention spans.

The Clone Wars is probably the only kid's cartoon I've seen with beheadings and brutal deaths then.

Does Pleasureman know you post here?

Beats me. I don't find the lore interesting.

it's the stuff that the movies don't touch on that i used to love. the force is boring and overdone, but the best games and books didn't have anything to do with the force, and if it did it was really tangential or otherwise not really important (the exception is jedi academy, but you start as an unskilled nobody and the game ends basically as you achieve skywalker powerlevel). the best books, the thrawn trilogy, spent a comparitively tiny amount of time talking about unkillable magical space wizards and instead focused more on a brilliant imperial tactician going from a totally unknown entity to being one of the biggest threats in the galaxy. the best episodes of clone wars were just about the clones and some were more like an episode of band of brothers than a kid's show.

the force is retarded and now that it's been explained and overdone to death the entire franchise is just retarded on a fundamental level, but if you're into low sci-fi i'd really recommend you at the least pick up the timothy zahn books heir to the empire, dark force rising and the last command and maybe you'll see the cool shit that we used to get before episode 1 fucked everything up

It doesn't get brought up in these threads very often because it's not one of the best examples of Star Wars games. The units in it have some pretty shoddy pathfinding and the Command Point system, while good in concept, incentivizes turtling with captured enemy structures to build up points. Still, it had a nice selection of units, some good characters and interesting mechanics like the posture system and the Infiltrator stealing vehicles.

Don't compare Kamen Rider to Star Wars Rebels. Even the worst KR series is infinitely better.

I should probably answer this since it's my post.

Me: All the sequels that were supposed to happen but got canceled. New Jedi Knight, new X-Wing/TIE Fighter, Imperial Commando, etc.

Favorite developer: Kojima. It'd be a game about a legendary mercenary with a sweet beard named Solid Katarn. Also a lot of fourth wall breaking and Jedi mind tricks.

Developer of the last game I played: Blizzard. The Blizzard that made D2 might do a good job with it, but Blizzard has been crap for years. It'd have characters randomly becoming evil for no reason, SJW pandering consistent with the new movies, and a paladin with a crossguard lightsaber and one of those Gungan shields from Episode I.

Drugged up weasel: EA Battlefront II.

moviebattles

still active

I've been playing for weeks and gitting gud with sabers eludes me
Having separate attacks bound to the movement keys is pure madness, and defense depending on camera direction is not much better

You can't make this shit up

I WAS SOBER!

I remember playing a game called elite squadron on my DS when I was young. Had the same characters as the cancelled BF3, to a t. X1 and X2. Anyone know what i'm talking about?

what was the planned story for it?

No one's said yet.

It's just too bad that a joystick isn't a household item any more, and the average Star Wars fan can't into even remotely challenging games.

All you need is a controller mapping program and a bit of patience to tune it up. But, yeah, playing it KBM is not ideal.

is is better than Strategic improvement ? (SI)

btw the copter sounds are original

Carthaginians were devil worshiping merchant semites who sacrificed their children to Moloch.

Fuck it, that sounds good.

TIE Fighters get a bad rep. They were actually pretty good till the X-Wing came out. Then things went exactly as you'd expect when you shove a 30 odd year old design against a state of the art Starfighter.

Why in the fuck didn't they just fucking force fly or some gay ass shit that is still ten billion times less retarded than that shit.

When the BF3 project got gutted, there was actually quite a bit of content that had been made for the campaign. The remains of it were mashed together with some other content and repurposed to make the handheld game you're talking about.

game came out in late 2011, how you were able to "redpill" people in 2010 while playing it ? Sounds like you are just making things up

I suppose that's true. Even standard TIEs can fly rings around Y-wings and Z-95s, especially if they also outnumber them by at least three to one. And the X-wing was actually supposed to be an Imperial fighter before the manufacturer defected. You'd still have to spend a long time lingering on a target to get through its shields with only two guns (especially for Y-wings), which would make you vulnerable, but I suppose that's where your wingmen come in.

this is also debatable depending on which star wars media you're reading/watching/playing. the rogue squadron books imply that shields are only good for a couple of hits, but can be pumped up to superhuman levels when given power priority. the flight sims give everything super shields and it takes ages to get through them. the TIE fighter was a cheap, mass-produced and extremely fast and agile starfighter that could hit hard and if it was piloted well it could take on things well above its weight class, but as user said it was about thirty years old when the rebellion started fielding x-wings. according to some of the early EU they were first fielded against Z-95s and Y-wings, as you say, and as a result were top of the heap and were produced in the millions

i wish the EU didn't die, fuck you disney

tbh even tho EU had some good things the majority of it was complete garbage

Galaxies was great. Just got on SWG Legends, unlike the SWG Emus it has Jump to Lightspeed.

After 8 or 9 years, that fucking login screen music hit me right in the feels.

If any of you anons want to play:
Found this download link on SWG's rebbit, it works: pooprscooper.tartarus.feralhosting.com/swg/SWG_full_2.0.0.2c.7z
SWG Legends' site: swglegends.com/

when ?

I dunno, we should make a thread at some point.

Luckily a half decent joystick isn't too expensive. Just make sure to avoid the ones where you can't twist the stick.

not necessary. i played through all the star wars flight sims with a 2 button joystick, and by default the 2nd (thumb) button is bound so that when you hold it and turn the stick you will roll

Reminds me we'll never know the fate of Delta Squad. Why does life have to be so cruel?

The same reason B-Wings are now tiny Death Stars.
Dsiney is retarded and doesn't know how to handle star wars

There were better fighters around years before the TIE Fighter was invented, but the TIE Fighter was designed to be cheap anyway, so it probably doesn't matter much.

Yea, but that was against the rules of war. They technically should have surrendered after getting BTFO 3 times in major battles AND Hannibal being literally at the gates of Rome.

It's doable,but not exactly ideal. When I actually used a joystick with the twist feature, it was so much better. I can technically play X-Wing Alliance with a 360 controller, but it's shit when I actually play.

Well the rules of war are great in theory, but tend to get thrown out the window when shit actually goes down. Besides, I doubt the modern rules of war were the ones Rome went by.

Yea, I guess your right. Still pissed they did that though. It's like when Germany btfo both france and britain in ww2 and fucking (((churchill))) didn't want to surrender and instead milk every ounce of help from US to stay afloat.

I had a thread for SWG VOH which is JTL and is working on putting out the last two big publishes, if only you had been around then user

as a reward, they lost all the countries they enslaved during their colonial age and are now flooded with shitskins and being a non-cuckold and owning anything to protect yourself is now a crime in the ultra-surveillance-state gb

That's what you get for squandering your victories.

I guess there is solace in that. Though Germany isn't that far off sadly.

Having Death Star II (which can move once completed) made at an obscure corner of the galaxy instead of the capital does make sense for secrecy. Every thing else is stupid.

The original script apparently had it the Wookiee planet instead of Endor until they changed it for marketing. If they went with that it would have made way more sense: Instead of the Stormtroopers being done in by some primitives with sticks and stones, they suffer a full scale slave rebellion by beastmen who can tear limbs out of the socket and have acess to all sorts of construction equipment.

Yeah, Ewoks were definitely marketing bait. I don't really mind them that much though. Surprisingly, some of the Ewok stuff was alright. The cartoon is alright, but the made-for-TV movies aren't really my thing.

Forgot embed

They probably don't show the ships having shields because they only have 20 minutes to play with and they don't have time to show people whaling on each other to bring the shields down
But rebels is a really shitty show. They pop Star Destroyers like soap bubbles. Every episode, they blow one up and that's why I stopped watching

They show fighters having shields to tank a few hits in action scenes which is annoying, because they've bothered to do what's required to make shields show up. I would be fine with capital ships having shields that only stop a few hits over them having none.

How does it feel that your franchise is managed by the soyest of fags, starboi?

Whatever Jar Jew Abrams and the Mouse do is the furthest thing beyond my ability care. I don't care about what the franchise does post-Lucas.

The triangle is the most aesthetic warship design.

Agreed.

More or less correct. I particularly like the sort of humpbacked design used by the Bellator & other Ansel Hsiao designs/elaborating renders, as well as the Proteus buried-bridge hump style; you can see both in image 2. Ships like the Executor are a bit too flat, with the very low helm compared to the other dimensions and especially the length suggesting nightmarish power arrangements; the bulged helm/draft is a far more rational dimensional layout than the Executor's stretched length, as it would allow for larger scale centralized primary power generators rather than necessitating a distributed layout.

A bit similar to the Eclipse and Sovereign in this regard, which were so absurdly tall and pyramidal to fit the mega-scale powerplants necessary to power an axial superlaser. The staggered & center axial turrets of these designs are also wonderful, and vastly superior to the original flank turrets & barbettes of the Imperial I & II; having to dip the bow just to put all fire forward thanks to no superfiring more or less completely negates the advantage of their vertically narrow main hull profile.

WTB ==THICC== ships. Hsiao does amazing work.

It used to be that almost every game with melee combat acted like this.

What this actually does is it makes movement SIGNIFICANTLY more important than attacking. Just spamming the left click like in most sword combat games doesn't work. It's more akin to an actual fighting sport like boxing where you need to master footwork and not just punching.

This is a big reason why Jedi Knight has persisted for so long as a really good melee combat system because you actually have to practice movement and not just spam a button or learn the right timing between spamming a button. Most melee combat systems in vidya nowadays are just "quick attack" and "strong attack". Jedi Knight had 3 distinct styles of attacking and each one had different attacks based on how you moved and if you crouched or not.

Nigga he said triangle, not oversized mouse arrow

Also it should be specified that this only applies to isosceles triangles as well, scalene is maximum gay as seen with the supremacy, and equilateral is only good for stealth fighters or bombers where it's expected for them to be a bit wide, and care must be taken to prevent them from looking like space doritos

The problem though is that in duels you have to hold the walk key, which makes precise movements a bit harder
It also means movement keys are really only used for the different attacks and not actual physical movement, because you're not going to be moving much
Not that physical movement outside of look direction means much anyway when you automatically block all attacks from your front just by holding the block button, so that really only matters for gunners having to accurately dodge saber strikes, which is something the game does fantastically with the great hitboxes

I like thicc ships

It took you 2 hours to figure out you fucked up your redtext.

I still load up Movie Battles II some times. It's pretty great, if you can handle how aged it is, and that it's multiplayer only.

I was doing some reading up on custom campaigns for the Star Wars space sims and found this 60 mission campaign for Balance of Power called "Path Not Taken", which is basically about an alternate storyline where the Battle of Endor didn't go as in the movies. The problem is that I can't find a copy to download from anywhere, the author's page is decades old by now and the download links are all dead.

Anyone can help me out here?

Suppose the Star Wars Rebels TV series was scrapped and instead we got a game following roughly the same premise, but with whatever selection of characters and scenarios you come up with. What would you do?

zelda.wikia.com/Ruto

Remake Jedi Outcast and rip the Twi'lek from the cartoon, sans the strong womyn personality. Every other character in there that wasn't from the EU or from Clone Wars gets to die a fiery death in the intro.

I've actually thought about this
The entire group of protags is droids
The plucky hero is an old B1 battle droid that has had delusions of becoming a real jedi based on recovered memory fragments of seeing them do cool shit in the war, and has to use whatever tech upgrades and shit he can find to mimic force abilities
Rest of the supporting cast is any cool droid that could serve a purpose, lightsaber training droids, tactical droids, those dumb fuel tanks with legs, one of those midget pit crew droids from phantom menace
Just no R2-D2 or C-3PO recolors, because fuck those annoying trash cans right in the ass

They could fight other droids and smaller parts of the empire, obviously some convoluted minor sith involvement as an excuse to have lightsaber battles, and so on
The main villain could be some exasperated medium-ranking technician with large amounts of junk resources at his disposal that wants to "turn them to the dark side" by capturing and reprogramming them to do their original tasks before his boss finds out he let malfunctioning droids escape

I was thinking of a Jedi Knight-like game centering around Ahsoka being a fugitive from the Empire, with no nonsense from all these other retarded characters from Rebels. Instead, it'd go for a Metroid-style vibe of isolation. Metroid fans have wondered for a long time what a Metroid game set after Fusion would be like in the plot department, but a common thread centers around Samus being a fugitive from the Galactic Federation, so I guess it'd be similar to that. Some Jedi might go as far as getting cosmetic surgery to elude the Empire, so some degree of character customization might be in place, and Ahsoka does change her name in Rebels. The problem is that it's hard to convey the feel of being a Jedi along with that. KotOR captured that feel very well, where you were out in the galaxy helping people with their problems even though there was a war with the Sith going on, whereas being an isolated operative is more the style of a bounty hunter like Samus, or Boba Fett. Maybe there could be a moral dilemma component. Maybe you run into a situation where someone needs help, but if you decide to have Ahsoka help them, you run the risk of exposing her location to the Empire, or that of some other fugitive Jedi. I'd prefer to approach it this way because the thought of Ahsoka being in charge of a Rebel cell as she is in Rebels doesn't necessarily accord with her character in TCW, given that the Jedi who raised her dragged her into court, damn near got her executed and Anakin was the only one of them who stuck up for her, so it seems like she'd have difficulty showing such unconditional loyalty to an organization. Beyond that, I'd like the story to really delve into what it was like to live under the Empire and depict a cyberpunk dystopia in space with space magic. It'd probably end up being something like Minority Report or Blade Runner, with a backdrop involving power struggles between ISB and Imperial Intelligence, gang wars, and corporate espionage. I'd like to include a more Force-driven aspect, but there's very little of that in the Imperial period, and I wouldn't want it to take away from the main focus.

I was also thinking that maybe it should have an original score mostly composed of electronic, trance, ambient or other more technologically based genres in order to create a feel of alienation and solitude in a franchise which usually uses orchestral music. Force Commander did something similar when it remixed the movie tunes, and its soundtrack is by far the best part of the game.

wtf i hate real life now
i would give everything for that but only when its a good timeline where the empire wins

Ever read Skippy the Jedi Droid? Reminds me of that. At any rate, I think it'd be nice to have some piece of Star Wars media that goes into what it means to be a synthetic lifeform in a galaxy with the Force, where droids are basically second-class citizens. We have some great droids, but nothing that does that.

Yeah, sorta like that, except without venturing into parody
If I was going to give a droid actual force powers, I'd get super autistic about believably explaining it, exploring how it would work with an inorganic subject, and giving it downsides

But yeah, the droids are usually always the best shit in whatever they're in, and have inherently kickass designs, it's a shame they're always just present for a couple lines of comedic relief

For some reason this made me think of berserk

You're going to have to explain that for those of us who haven't seen Berserk. Isn't it medieval fantasy? That's anything but cyberpunk.

Early Berserk was about an OP dude traveling alone in an oppressive once-prosperous world that actively wants him dead for surviving the event that turned everything to shit
That premise just gave me similar vibes, is all

or LT Sunber animation/game

Are there any games or shows that show storm troopers or republic troopers being badasses and generally having a character outside of LOL DEY CAND AIM XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD?

Is there anymore material featuring delta squad?

Old timeline the Empire actually won the Galactic Civil War in the end.

The Clone Wars
Clone Troopers are always generally portrayed as incredibly competent anyway, since they're good guys fighting hordes of faceless droids with zero plot armor
And when they do fight people with plot armor, they often have more of it, as evidenced by them being the galaxy's current reigning high score holders for jedi

The concept long pre-dates that relatively new terminology.

So you want to watch The Clone Wars?

Just force yourself to watch the whole thing, even the shitty parts. Revel in the awesome clone episodes, marvel at Cad Bane being a badass asshole, slobber over Ahsoka's qt teen booty, kek heartily at the aging feminists making up hysteria because they're jealous that any guy who likes chicks wants to plow the midichlorians out of her, spend a lot of time observing as the corporate cock polishers in the Republic Senate screw the people while giving florid speeches, spend too little time at the edge of your seat taking in the top-notch action sequences, wonder why anyone thought Jar Jar should be in the show, yell in incoherent rage and throw things at the screen as Anakin briefly gains the opportunity to prevent the Galactic Civil War and his transformation into Darth Vader and then has it taken away for reasons which are dubious at best, see a huge plot hole form for the sake of a cameo, watch as Anakin tries his best impression of a Belmont, witness the writers bring back a long-dead character because they ran out of ideas, and then finally gawk in amazement at the utter faggotry of the Jedi Council and know once and for all that Kreia was right about them. If you watch the shitty parts too, you'll have something to compare the awesome parts against, and the awesome parts will make you wish there were more of them. Too bad that's not a good idea because Disney sucks hairy wampa balls.

Ahsoka was never a good character and she is not attractive. Please stop with this degenerate xenopedophilic meme.

buttmad jealous roastie detected

As per , EA is rumored to be losing the license to make Star Wars games. Currently unknown if this is true, but hopefully we can combine our Force powers and meme it into reality.

Is it bad that I actually hope The Last Jedi is terrible? I just want Disney to fail for all the shit they've already done even if they somehow managed to make it a good movie, which of course they won't.