Fate/Nasu/FGO

Fate/Nasu/FGO

webview.fate-go.us/iframe/2017/1127_santa_alter/
Event Period: 2017-12-01 7:00 - 12-11 3:59 UTC
Event Summary:
A limited time Christmas event with an original story by Kinoko Nasu.
A new quest suddenly appears in the Terminal - "Almost Weekly Santa Alter."
With the Limited Time Servant "★4 (SR) Altria Pendragon (Santa Alter)" at your side, try to get the Special Exchange Ticket you need for an exclusive Christmas present!
A very special Christmas with the evil Santa Claus, Santa Alter!
Will all the Masters make it safely through this Christmas season?!

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/13873311.html
exhentai.org/g/986258/80023a0e06/
archive.is/XCDU8
news.fate-go.jp/2017/christmas2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So I have Jack and okita now. Whats a good support to make the team?

Not vidya, VN is more vidya than this

Santa Nero when

I would get more into christmas if i had a santa nero.

I wanna get Santa lily to bring my holiday spirits up.

Usually best to go with Waver since his skills are based around buffing, Jack could especially benefit from it since one of his skills enhances critical strength.

Hans could do in a pinch if his third skill is leveled up. As a additional benefit he provides extra healing with his NP.

For the most part though Waver like said is the generally accepted answer. Any support with Fragments of 2030 would work wonders in the party.

Thankfully I have a couple people on my support list that have waver which feels good. Wish I had some whale friends on there. Anyways I have a few spots open on my support list so have at it. Also post your support set up too.

Fate is (still) shit and this "game" gives Sony money, check 'em

Sage negated, but I'll take care of those dubs

cancer

Nice setup user. Wish I had Jack, but Scathach took all my quartz and ran away with them ;_;

You got a good setup yourself man.

OP is a shill and a faggot.

Nice luck with your servants. If it wasn't for the Christmas event this would be my usual support setup.

I'm not sure how my one whale friend manages to afford it but he has a SSR in every class except for Berserker. It make things ridiculously easy when you can reliable use a NP2+ SSR.

Is that CE is even worth going for? It just gives you more qp right?

mona lisa*

At max limit break it's 10% and on a run of the Expert Treasure vault it would give you roughly 100,000 qp. I think it's worthwhile enough when it looks like skills start costing millions of qp to raise. That's just my opinion though.

If you plan on maxing multiple SSR servants' skills, sure. Besides, it's not like we have a lot to spend MPs on anyway.

Does it really make a significant difference to even get it though? It seems like a waste of mana prism.

I can see why having it would help grinding the qp to level up the skills but is it really worth the prisims?

In theory it sounds nice until you realize you most likely won't out pace your ability to grind out QP and with the mats you need simultaneously. It's more for whales that burn Saint quartz on servants and AP that quickly run out of resources due to how many 5 stars they pull. If you can afford it go for it but I wouldn't unless you plan to completely MLB which would cost 2500 mana prisms.
No one can answer that question but you retard.

If you want you could just save those mana prisms for anything else in the shop. That or whatever other time limited craft essence they'll inevitably release.

Well obviously yeah I know I can only answer that but a second opinion is cool to know man.

There's gonna be other CEs in the shop? thats news to me.

5000. It's 1000 each.

Currently there's only one other one that's exclusive and it's the one that boosts BP for faster bonding. Other then that the prism shop will start holding CEs you may have missed if you didn't participate in an event (The Nero Event Guts CE Nightless Rose is a good example)

Event CEs are bought with rare prisms.

Mama Tama by Uno Makoto
Contains futa and incest

You had one fucking job. Kill yourself.

I'm going back to the other thread.

And why the fuck would you put money in this game? It throws quartz at you constantly and the 3 star servants are plenty strong to deal with everything.

Hell, watch this vid. With a top-tier team of S-rank "monsters", like Jeanne Alter, Waver, Waver(Support), with good RNG you could expect to win within 10 minutes. That's nothing unusual; a top tier team should be able to win easily. But here's fucking Cu Chulainn, a fucking free 3 star servant doing it in 5 minutes while essentially running solo.

If you're throwing money at this game, you're doing it wrong.

I don't think you quite understand how broken Jeanne Alter is, especially against Berserker which is the only class other then ruler she gets a 200% damage modifier. With two Waver's she'd also be able to NP 100% in exactly one turn. Pic related is an example of the team you described. While Cu is certainly a great servant he does not kill things quickly rather he delays his own death so long he gets plenty of hits in. In Jeanne's case, her toolkit is built specifically for a beatdown rush of killing the opponent before they can kill her.

Maybe this is a good thing.
Now I won't be wasting my time on a gacha.

Fuck that Saber Shiki a Shiki who smiles isn't Shiki

Archiving what?

The last thread dumbass

Did anyone get a sudden update last night which ended up fucking with the game?

There was a translation update to fix some text, next time check the fucking notes under your news tab.

Found the medb/king hassan picture I was looking for. Posting it for the one guy that was amused by my description of it last thread.

Assassins do have class advantage against Riders.

Hell yeah they do.

But they're archived automatically
8ch.net/v/res/13873311.html

And do you see it posted in OP?

Too fucking cute.

I don't understand how you fuckers can regularly drop upwards of 500$ for five star servants.

Is this the power of a gacha playerbase?

Thats the power of autism. The best part of this game is that you can let other people make the bad life choices for you to just use them via support.

The people who do that are hilarious, too bad they get so defensive about it so they never come to these threads. It'd be pretty lulzy to beat them up over it.

that youtuber ziss is an even more ridiculous whale he says just press the button and dont think about it. they say that the reason they spend that much is because they can afford it so they must have some good job that pays a lot and when you have that much money spending it like that is nothing, thats just how some people are

I only bought quartz for 29 dollars(25+4+1 paid quartz, cheapest option for 30 sq though simply buying the 40 sq pack would have given more quartz overall) so that I could roll in the guaranteed 5 star banner and I got Jeanne and 3 gold CE out of that. But otherwise everything else is just free quartz from playing the game.

If I'm not getting something in return for my money, then I don't see any point in even trying. Besides, meme magic guarantees my rolls always satisfy me.

Berserkers are only +50% more.
Also noticed that some of the posts in this thread were deleted.

As long as people don't whale themselves into debt they can do whatever they want. I'm just thankful they both keep the game alive and provide second-hand salt.

Anything attacks Berserker (except but Berserker) = 200% modifier
Berserker attacks anything else = 150% damage modifier
Therefore, Jeanne Alter, an Avenger, does 200% damage to Berserkers and receives 150% damage from them,

son of a bitch too tired I need to sleep

しね

Can confirm, i use meme magic to power my rolls and it almost always works.

I love my daughter Jack so much

Sauce faggot

g/986258/80023a0e06/

Fate/Grand Order has really great combat especially considering how bosses will start acting in a few months with special moves and abilities. It does have me wondering though, if you removed the gacha system what would you replace it with? I was wondering if there could be a system set up to make the Shadow Servants more interesting and important by grinding the material for that particular servant. An in world excuse could have been that the "shadows are splinters and fragments of herioc spirits because of x" or something. In addition, possibly giving MC an alignment system, that, while not barring the use of servants outside your alignment, would give major boosts in exp rate and gather rate for their materials. This would also make getting 5 stars much more stable and satisfying as it should be incredibly difficult to kill them repeatedly.. Granted, it would probable turn into a pay to not grind game rather then a gacha game, but I consider that an improvement at the very least.

Want to know how we know you don't play this?

Wriggle wriggle got me Waver on the last day of his recent banner,
with a summoning ticket

I bet you're the kind of fag who also thinks JRPGs can't have satisfying combat either.

Trips confirm never played it.

Except I do play it and that doesn't change the fact that the gameplay is trash. The core of it is RNG based, and waifus and storytelling can't make up for that.

I do like certain aspects like making use of character traits like gender or Divinity, but that doesn't make up for the shit gameplay.

It's trash.

Not only do you lack reading comprehension evidently you are also a complete retard when it comes to understand how to isolate the combat system from how you acquire servants. Why do you care about other people's team comps when you're not competing with them and will never actually see them? Even if it were, that's a balance issue not a fucking combat issue you moron.

Then you just don't play video games because it's not a match 3

I'm not sure why you would isolate the combat from the gacha, because they're inseparable. It is a fact that everything you mentioned hinges entirely on the mercy of what you managed to draw. And even if you try to ignore that, the combat is a fucking match 3 at it's very core unlike what this retard says.

The original post you responded to asked how you would fix the gacha, you then choose to ignore that and just blather about how the combat is bad when it has plenty of freedom with how buffs stack up and the strategies you can use that way. So far your only critique of the combat is that you can't get the servants you want, and you ignored the part of the post that asked you specifically how you would change the way you get servants. Let me ask you again, now, how would you change the way you get servants?

Almost forgot

Dude, yeah, you get -bonuses- for having color or character chains, but that's what they are, Chains. A match 3 requires you to match one color sphere to two others of the same kind. Most march 3s you actually end up fucking up, hurting yourself or losing your turn outright if you don't.

I mean by your logic snes Zeldas are an ARPG like Diablo because the entire game's played via a Bird's Eye View. You're fucking retarded

(checked)
(checked)
(checked)
Nice digits, user confirmed for a gigantic faggot.

What the fuck are you on about?

I fucking wish FGO is a Bejewelled clone. Puzzle Quest Fate sounds like the best thing ever.

At the very least I would make it possible to get every single servant and every single CE without spending a cent in the game. It's possible for Granblue, so don't tell me that's not viable.

In terms of combat, allowing the player to choose from the pool of command cards instead of rolling them out 5 at a time randomly would increase the strategy of the game immensely, allowing for combos, more difficult enemies, and more interesting skills.

I don't know what Goetia is but I presume it's some sort of end-game boss. Even if it's true that 1*s can beat it, I doubt they did it without the help of gacha CEs.

In Granblue you can save up your rolls and roll 300 times to get a ticket that lets you pick any character you want from the pool. What I mean is that there should be a similar system in this game where you at least get some sort of loser's reward to get what you want after spending a lot of time and effort, as opposed to relying on the cruel hand of fate to get good rolls.

No? It's still important to have class advantage and use passives and skills that suit the situation.

Assassins already get crits out the ass without trying anyway. If anything what I suggest would only make them more consistent without having to rely on RNG crits are broken anyway

Knowing what you will get on the 3rd turn won't make a difference to what you're going to pick, because all you need is a single glance to know what 3/5 cards you want because hurr match 3.

That video is meaningless to me, because I don't know what CEs they have or what the buffs on Modred are, or have any information on the battle at all. A 400k HP bar doesn't make things look very intimidating to me.

I'll break it down for you
1 Salon de Marie, 3 star (Chaldea Boys Collection 2016 Event craft essence. ) has healing like +5%, Debuff sucess by like 3 and Evasion for a single round
2 Divine Princess of The Storm, 5 star event CE (Purchasable in the event store not through Gacha for Journey to the west), which increases defense by 20% partywide when the unit dies for 3 turns after.
A limit broken The Three Great Heroes (Journey to the west event shop CE again) which increases np damage by 20%, Crit star Gen by 20% and starts the fight with 40% np gage and
A limit Broken Golden Sumo Wrestling (An event craft essence shop for Onigashima) which does Attack damage up by 15% and starts the fight at 50% np.

The only Gacha CE there is, is Halloween Petite Devil and that's on the fucking support. Gee, that's some Gacha luck right there

I assume you're talking about the Hans + Double Asterios one, I can't find that for the life of me either, but here's another good example with limit broken 3 star craft essences

I've seen a double Asterious with a Mata Hari starting line up and all bronze but I forget the back line. I can't find any bronze servant set ups for Goetia even then. Your videos pretty cool too though.

I don't think I saw that one. There was one I remember with pretty much the same set up as with the Mordred Fight save for Arash and Spartacus, but I can't find it now, had 5 star CEs though so maybe it was for the best as that's not a good example.

I'm kinda Salty that Honako Green dude didn't do one, I know he did a Sanson set up, but he brought Waver with it

You can also just get this fucker who can solo 90% of all bosses in the game.

this is worse than being a mmo- or persona-fag

Yes yes, good goy. Fund Nasu's incoherent visions.

stop hating fun you youngfag

Thank you for posting.
user who thinks he understands game mechanics confirmed for shit. Almost all Best CEs in the game are MLB event CEs that anyone can get their hands on.

How do you use meme magic to roll?

What was the name of that manga? I loved it, but I lost my bookmarks a while back and I've been having trouble finding them all again.

Found it, it's "It's My Life". Very cute.

It's more often a curse, my friend. I've got Altera, Tamamo, 2 Wavers, and like 5 non event 4 stars, but no Nero or Jack.

2 Okitas too. I didn't even want her.

I need to learn how to harness the ticket meme power by the time Mama Raikou comes into NA.

exhentai.org/g/986258/80023a0e06/

Why is it acceptable to have mobile games having generals on Holla Forums?
Just because its Japanese its ok to play shit?
Seriously. What a vapid excuse to eat shit.

The Key is to not care about what you're rolling about, or even really expect to get it.

It's why Ticket summons tend to be the ways that people get a 5 star; they don't expect a 5 star from a single summon.

Can confirm. Old phone broke and I didn't have the transfer code so had to start a new account. I was rolling singles and got Kintoki on my third summon. Also, got 2030 this way.

helo who is the cutie in the first pic of the op? thx

Jack the Ripper

it's a combination of aborted fetuses from prostitutes in Victorian era England who's incomplete souls for some reason formed into a loli, and are obsessed with returning to their mothers which is why they killed 5 whole people.
This somehow makes them a 5 star servant

To get the limit broken bonus of a CE. Do I sacrifice 4 of them. or just 1?

It makes sense from a meta standpoint. I mean when one of the most rare Servants of your class is fucking Stheno you might as well throw a bone to that class.
With that being said I can't wait for Gramps.

You might be onto something, user. I hope this means I'll get spooked by Kaleido and 2030 in the future.

London's coming out December 19th.

I got Okita from 2 tickets after the 30 quartz roll failed to get EMIYA, who I still don't have, and now, in the Christmas banner I got spooked by Jack when I was trying to get Nursery Rhyme, who I didn't get. I've found that the key is to fool the wish sensor the game apparently has by either losing all hope of getting the thing you want or are trying to get something else.

Ironically, Berserker Jack the Ripper is far closer to the legend, because since he was never caught, he has no actual form, so Jack can take on any form he wants and blend in a crowd without no one noticing.

Sacrifice 4 of them to a single one, for example, feed 4 Green Black Keys to a single Black Key and then you get the LB Black key.

There's a bill that would make gacha illegal in the United States if passed. Fate is going to be gone and it's thanks to EA.

Wasn't it just an age-restriction deal that only prevents people under 21 to not pay in gambling, or did they change it?

Source of news please.

archive.is/XCDU8

Start by reading the Kybalion(or something similar entry-level) and study up on basic chaos magick, then when you get a good vibe do a summon. Don't try to force it; you can't affect something as heavily observed and affected as the server which handles the rolls. You gotta just sense the opportune moment and grab it.

This.

Next Christmas can't cum fast enough

Thank you.

NO KIYO NO BUY

But from the promo art is looks like Shuten is going to be in it which is neat.

I'm more surprised that Ishtar will be in it.

meant for

She's already in the game then nigger, fucking times 3 as a matter of fact.

She's in Fate/Grand Order Arcade? Can I have a source please?

Involuntarily broken girls need love, too

worms and shinji don't count

Look at this fine eternal Anglo Valkyrie, Nero Claudius, that isn't released yet. Wud u protect her? I don't buy these things, but
WOW
O
W

I know Nero is Roman, but I don't know how the alternate Sabers (Arturia Pendragon) work. Is she really the embodiment of Nero though? That would be interesting, but why does she look 99% like Saber?

She is literally Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, not some fake copy. She is remembered as a men as she had a penchant for cross-dressing. The real reason she looks like Arturia is Nasu wanted to trick people who bought Fate/Extra and surprise them that it wasn't her, the in world reason is.

Well that's awesome. Going to take some time for that to sink in though. As far as content I've consumed, only watched Fate Zero, Fate stay night old and new, and the movie. Pretty much why red, nero, lily, and the others always confused me.

I meant in F/GO

If by red you mean Mordred, that's Artoria's "son" and Saber Lily is just younger Artoria.

Takeuchi wanted to draw more Saber and made her as an additional character for Fate/Unlimited Codes. She is King Arthur before she got Excalibur and was still a fresh faced young girl full of hope.
Red Saber refers to Nero back when Nasu cared about hiding true names for a dramatic reveal. Unless you mean Saber of Red which is Mordred from Fate/Apocrypha where the war has double of each servant name "of black" and "of red" respectively
Already explained.

Oh and Mordred was born when Merlin played a prank on Arturia and turned her into a Futa then Morgana took her sperm and impregnated herself and made a homunculus that became Mordred.

Just a prank, bro.

Shit.

who JP here

Another servant i'll have to save quartz for, fuck.

Working on it.

She's not a banner she's the 2017 Christmas Servant

You sure? She doesn't seem to fit the criteria for a Christmas event welfare servant.

Conflicted between hug and fug

Eresh will be in the gacha.

The free servant hasn't been announced yet.

Will the lottery stay open after the event ends (NA Christmas)? I've got 26K socks and I'm wondering whether to keep farming or open the boxes right now.

For a week

Why not both?

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

I'd be upset at that too but with the new dailies getting the monuments isn't a real issue.

I almost ended the roulette #31 with 15items left.
it was a good event. I leveled lot of servants skills.

I was so busy this weekend that I completely forgot to start farming those socks. All that potential mana prisms and qp that i could have gotten.

Sacrilege.

Me too. If only the event actually occurred on fucking Christmas.

meme economics 101, always copyright your memes

thank fucking god

I made it to roulette 25 something but then I just gave up because holy fuck the grind got boring. Still hit the level cap with like 5 Servants so I think I did alright. Also, having that 80k qp in the bank doesn't hurt.

SOunds to me like you're a jewish faggot.

Dont bullshit me user

Those are clearly Gondolas.

They're far too cuter to be spudro.

Faggot normies ruin everything

I guess Cu will like the Imaginary Around but I also have Gilgamesh and I just want to give him the stars he deserves. Guess it's time to start leveling up my Cursed Arm Hassan even though I've been too busy elsewhere to work on him.

>Tfw room lead from work spent 90 dollary doos on trying to get Jack
>I got her while by accident trying to roll for another Nursery Rhyme

And here I thought nothing would be more colorful than Rider Ishtar's NP.

Finally the true waifu is getting some love.

>tfw have gotten 5 5 stars
>three of them were Altera
>I don't even like Altera

Exact same story but with Emiya instead.

Back to singles I go.

To the guy who said that Altera won't have a Santa version out. Oops.
I'm so glad mai waifu now has an alt, even if it's a welfare 4*.

news.fate-go.jp/2017/christmas2017/

FGO JP christmas 2017, with Candy Star Photon Ray.

Little late to the party user

Oops, should I delet the youtube post?

Yes

Some month back I was arguing with an user about Prisma Illya. We had some contentions about whether or not it was fucking with all the established rules of TM or someshit, I forget exactly what.

But one point that was brought up was that Divine Spirits can't be Servants(ignoring FGO) and that Thor in Prisma flagrantly broke this rule. As I predicted, it wasn't Thor at all but one of his sons, who is half-giant. So like with Medusa, there would be reduced Divinity.

Medusa is a god who became a monster from death of her cult and the Greeks misinterpreting her existence until erasing any records of her as a god. Meanwhile the only way Magni is referred to in Norse mythology is as a god.

Checks out.

Medusa existed before the greek myth?

How did this come about? Because any information found on medusa only refers to the greek myths. What about this older cult?

So, before we go any further, you have to realize that it's a recorded anthropological fact that cultures would sometimes integrate the myths of people they conquered. A very prominent case of this in Greek Mythology is the case of the Minotaur and King Minos. Where the Minoan civilization that pre-dated the ancient Greek civilization had bull worshiping cults. When the Mycenaean Civilization of the greeks expanded their territory and fully swallowed the Minoan sub-culture, they intergrated some of their religious symbols into their myths. i.e. Zeus being associated with bulls (a symbol of authority and power in Minoan culture) and even transforming into one in a certain myth). King Minos and the people thereof were part of the myth of the Minotaur, which is how the Greeks transformed their bull worshiping activities which involved sacrifices and bull leaping, into a monster bull that eats men. (Of course any speculation taken about the Minoan civilization should be taken with a grain of salt as we haven't even figured out their language yet) Sorry if that got a bit wordy. The connection of Medusa to ancient cults outside of Greek refers to historical account of Herodotus in 200 BCE that speculated that the location of Medusa's slaying was in Libya, and that the Berber culture of North Africa had created her as part of their ancient cult and myth before any of their interactions with the Greeks. Then, at some point, there was an interaction of the Greeks and Berbers that was incredibly "traumatic" and was recorded in the mythological account of Ancient Greek by integrating it into their mythos. Put in simpler terms, the Berbers had a God, some event took place between the Berbers and the Greeks, the Greeks took their god into their mythos. It's also believed that the Greek god Triton was originally a Berber diety that got integrated into Greek religion. In the Berber religion however, Medusa most likely had a different name. Why don't we know this name? Because Sunni Muslims destroying any culture and religion in their path and paving it over with Islam. The traditional Berber religion no longer exists and records are scarce so there is no way to fully verify who or what Medusa was to Berbers. Nasu took this premise and made it so that in the Nasuverse, Medusa was an Earth goddess previous to becoming a monster and that she and her two sisters the gorgons are gods that were born of "the desire for a perfect idol." With Medusa being a failure, as she grew older. Then the Greek telling of the myth of Medusa being banished to the shapeless aisle by Athena occurred takes place with her sisters accompanying her. People still coveted her sister's and she killed anyone trying to take them, slowing turning into a monster more and more everyday. This is the in world reason for why Medusa as a Rank E- divinity trait.
It's recorded in interviews that even for Fate/Grand Order when designing servants they do deeply research the historical accounts and it takes up to 4 months for them to design a servant from scratch including research into mythos.

Kill me.

I love Japan.

shit got taken down I think, got any other link?

Source? What work are you specifically talking about?

Nah, Niconico embeds are just broken it seems. Opening it in a new tab takes you to the video.

It got wiped.

Wish I could get my JP account back.
This marks roughly a year since I first laid eyes on her and said "That is the Servant I want."

The real question is if being a half-giant, half-god being worshiped as a god gives higher or lower Divinity than Gilgamesh.

Either way, Enkidu gg lol.

I like Chu Culaain(or lancers in general) and I want an actual game or animu that focuses on them. What do? Besides that one episode of Carnival Phantasm where Lancer escapes all his deaths

Cu is a combo god in Unlimited Codes and in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia he gets plenty of scenes.