Seven: The Days Long gone

So, this came out recently.
I was following it because it seemed interesting, but didn't see a release date and it just popped up in the store.
It's not terrible expensive for me, but I've just spent a bunch of money on christmas presents and I dunno if I should buy it now or wait for next month.
Anyone here tried it? I got to talk to one of the devs for a few minutes once and they seemed okay. The game look interesting from the vids I saw but it's "Isometric Stealth". Not only did Sattelite Reign burn me on that genre recently, stealth games nowadays are usually very hit-or-miss: they're either great, 10/10 (Mark of the Ninja) or cinematic crap (tafter).

Anyone here tried it? If so, what did you think about it?
The important bit I want to know: can you disregard the "hack&slash" combat and just sneak around nicking shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/seven-days-long-gone-free-download.html
archive.is/sO7Y9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh and before the ">muh shill" come:
igg-games.com/seven-days-long-gone-free-download.html

I'm away from home so I can't pirate it right now, but I'd like to support the devs if this is a good game.

Only a shill would care about the prevalence of consumer awareness of shills.

Well… that's a new one. 8/10

It's pretty straight forward. That being said, post actual screenshots next time.

Pass.

I don't have the game.
All I got is crap you find in google.
And that's what worries me: the screenshots make it look like Diablo III : Sneaky Breeky edition.
I really want an isometric thieving game, but this thing looks like it's about to pull a Dishonored out of it's ass in the second level and suddendly I go from Thieft to "supernatural Assassin".

In the time it took you to find those screens and write that, you could have started watching a 'let's play' and gotten an idea of what the gameplay was actually like.

I can't respect anyone that starts a video with "Hey guys, what's up!"

And I can't respect phoneposters who treat Holla Forums like google instead of spending a minute or two to figure shit out for themselves. You can't always get what you want.

I fucking swear, one of these days someone will accuse an user of being a shill for speaking english.

You got a single fact to back that up?
Not being willing to copypaste shitty images from google doesn't mean I'm using a phone.
If you wanna throw insults, I'm gonna call you reddit because you actually sugested "Let's Plays" as a legit way of appraising a game.
I'd have less chance of contracting cancer by sticking an Uranium dildo up my ass than watching an LP and it would be only half as gay.

You don't need to respect them to get an idea of how the game plays. Just use Hooktube to not give them money you retard.

Already got an extension that converts all youtube links to hooktube, but good to see hooktube got out of /g/ hell.

The last time I saw a let's play to gauge a game, it was Rimworld. The guy survived 4 days, didn't explore anything (didn't even know how the freezer works) and made a piss poor case for the game.
Unless you're about to sugest someone who's decent at videogames, all examples I've seen are people being dumb INTENTIONALY because that's how they get viewers.
People that actually play competently get double digit viewers. It's the retards that rake in the 6 digits.

MARK DELET THIS
THEY KNOW

And what a glorious day that will be.

So what is it? Top down asscreed? Or diablo clone?

It's isometric Thief, with piranha-bytes progression and world building + exploration, excepting XP.

It does have dishonored abilities, yeah. They're on a lower cooldown and regenerate without energy items, as well. Only tradeoff is they share resource supplies with ranged weaponry, since both abilities and ranged weaponry use energy. The game is fun enough, relies on you being smart and choosing your battles carefully over backstabbing things, because even with a pair of pretty good daggers you can't oneshot a technomagi with a backstab, but you'll get pretty close. And that was interesting, I thought, since your progression is entirely tied to your brain, your gear that you have also acquired with your brain, and your use of terrain, knowledge of handling and your own skill. Baiting technomancers to a cliff and then ramming them off the edge of a wall will net you top tier armor early on, and can also disguise you in restricted zones.

I really enjoyed the freedom of movement available, also. There's a lot of ways to be unseen in the traditional sense, and being able to break into any window you see is an absolute plus and no other game lets you do it so you can feel sneaky breeki like.

Why should anyone buy a western indie game that costs as much as a full japanese AAA?

there's a magnet link in the thread, retard.
Also, irrelevant to discussion about the gameplay, which is actually good.

Shall I give it a swirl, because you are all too lazy and also broke to take a look at that shit?

No shill-kun, I asked for a reason. You're using piracy to lure people in trying a game they would absolutely ignore, normally: because like this they become invested in it.

It's not really that different from selling lootboxes: hook them up until they need it against their own interest. But a cheaply made, derivative game shouldn't be sold at the same price of a japanese AAA.

Just can't trust anyone nowadays.

Be prepared for the journos to use these as actual talking points on why piracy is bad in the near future.

That's how double digits IQs get played.

When you pirate that game has to compete with every other game you can pirate for your time so your analogy is shit.

And that's why shills now suggest you to try their game by any means, even pirating: to get the spotlight. Then chance is someone will ever talk about this little game they tried

I saved you 10 more posts of goalposting moving, you're welcome.

Exactly this. I'll give it a try just to piss off that guy.

Isn't that the whole positive aspect of piracy?
You get 30 games out in a month.
You're not gonna buy them all, obvisouly.
You buy that one game you've been waiting for months, then look at the rest.
What's shit? What's good? Gee I dunno, maybe try a demo?
Well, since demo's are dead, you pirate.
Shit one of them is actually good and one the cheap side. Are the devs cool? You might drop a couple tenners in it. Devs are shit/game is an hot mess? Don't.

What kind of moron pirates shit and then feels invested in it to the point of buying it?
The anti-shill brigade is downright insulting: listening to you, you'd think Holla Forums is loaded with retards and moyuthbreathers that drop money the same your mother dropped you when you were a kid.
Protip: just because you bought a shit game in the past and now deeply regret spending those 10bux doesn't mean everyone else is a fucking retard.

It is. Goons have been flooding the board for a while now.

Then let them buy shit and wallow in a pit of shitty games.
When the fuck does anyone here care about goon's taste.

Why do you give so much of a shit about how much money them 40 year old NEETs are pissing away?
archive.is/sO7Y9
A look into their Games subforum is more than enough to confirm that goons have poor impulse control.

OK. I gave the game its first try and it doesn't start out good. The Story goes like this: The World has gone through an Apocalyptic battle between Gods and demons and mankind was left with the aftermath of that fight until some guy became a prophet and founded his Empire. It is in fact a WH40K tier tyranny but without all the cool shit.

This is how the game looks like when everything is "epic". Anyway, you are Teriel, a thief who is going to meet his accomplice for his next Job.

A stolen key and a parkour romp through a construction side later and they are at they actual meeting point…

… from where you can watch this bloody execution of a heretic. Teriel finally reveals to his poor accomplice Vaetic, that he is going to steal some cipher from some Mansion and this is somehow not a the most ingenious caper to go on ever.

Here are the last snapshots from the beginning of the first mission. Not only does the game has fucking ring menus, but it also has the most atrocious inventory I have ever seen in isometric game. Whats wrong with having bot the inventory and the equipment on the same screen and equipping with drag and drop? Disguising as a guard actually doesn't work that well, at least not during this particular mission. The ability to place traps into dead bodies is kinda neat.

Only a shill would get concerned about people calling others shills.

Disguising keeps you from being instantly detected and aggro'd by everything nearby when spotted, and gives you enough time to duck out of sight and into cover.

eeeh… does it at least work with middle mouse button? That would atleast make it bearable.

And yeah, like said, the disguises aren't "wear this and no-one notices you, ever". Kinda like the older Hitman games, I supose.
That inventory is shit though. Do you need to use it frequently (high maintenance) or is it something you use every once in a while?

This resolution is painful, omae. I'm going to have to play this myself to judge it. Thanks for the effort though.

Yeah it uses MMB.
No, you don't really have to use the inventory all that much unless you're constantly swapping out clothes and consumables, which you don't really need to considering how liberal they are with ability usage and other things, and it's actually easier to do once you figure out the nuances and equip everything from the Equipment Menu and not the Inventory menu, since inventory is a lot more difficult to use with how it's set up.

what the? this isnt the tribes thread

smh tbh fam

I agree, the UI is shit.
the game would be very fun, but I am kinda bored of 'open world' games that has random loot into containers everywhere you know will only contain junk. it is ok though, I lost interest of the main story. characters are bland.

the good parts is the lack of RNG effects in lockpicking and pickpocketing