What was the best year for gaming and why was it 1999?

What was the best year for gaming and why was it 1999?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_in_video_gaming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice try fagola.

I see it took us a while to fix vidya, but I will gladly wait.

So, this is the year bannerlord finally have been released, huh?

No.

But OP, none of those games are good.

Sooner than I expected tbh fam

epic

S O R L A G I S F E M A L E
F
E
M
A
L
E

Litter ally who

In fact it was 1994, with 1987 close runner-up.

Ima give a serious response to a shit troll thread because Ima retard. Here we go.

The 1990s were the best years because the 3D boom happened. Many oldhands who cared about gameplay and fun were bringing their XP to 3D games. Many more were enthusiastic newbies who were reinventing the wheel (and the game engines) instead of using something pre-made and following a recipe for success.

But then the photorealistic graphics VR disease (normie-spread of course) started infecting games development. Gameplay became less important than graphics, and those retards have grown old but have yet to fucking die: case in point look at all the Carmageddon Max Damage reviewers who bitch about that game having outdated graphics! Not realizing that at the end of this road, all AAA games will look, feel and play exactly the same, like openworld photorealistic simulators with barely anything to distinguish one from the other.

Tl;dr: these years are shit because the commercial side of the art has outgrown the art itself, and nothing is original anymore.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_in_video_gaming

Others years should step the fuck up.

check out this fag boy

Q3, CS, and my spanking new 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 PCI graphics card

And that is good?

You are forgetting the king of '99

Muh dick everytime to Everquest girl.

Was the game any good?

Good reply

That's not 2017

Yes.

Fuck off.

Yes, you fucking nigger.

No.

No, vidya jumped ship to 3D too soon.

why, my peenus weanus of course : )

hahaha! :D

it's my weeeeeeenus peanus! :) hahaha

ITT: What was the best year for gaming - my answer is, of course, my peanus weenus :D

hahaha!

The best year is now. You can download and play all the games from the past 20 years.

Imagine that. Instead of posting on a chan you could play videogames.

Fuck off retard

t. quake autist
You're at the same level as meleefags who think taking a shit game and breaking it makes it good and skillful

UT, CS, Quake, all of them very good games.

It seems that no one agrees each others; was video games REALLY a mistake ?

Yeah, 98>99.

objectively correct.

there were no good mmos. it absolutely annihilated most of the MUD user bases though.

The original (best) aliens vs predator.

I'm just going to preemptively say this is a terrible meme.

Guild Wars 1, Star Wars Galaxy (before it was patched for casuals), FOnline 2 and arguably EVE Online (at least in the early years). I heard one of the two superhero MMOs was actually quite good too though I never got into it. Granted most of these are dead or essentially dead but still.

Indeed. It seems that people care more about memes, /pol and shit posting than playing games. Oh well.

The multiplayer communities aren't coming back. It's hard to find people to play with anymore. A lot of these games are hard to run on modern hardware. We've gotten older and our tastes have changed.

Go away, never come back

Man it was tough but I finally managed to get the song from the middle webm.

This is the only correct post in this thread.

The perfect game for a console gamer is a third person shooter with vehicle sections.

The perfect game for a pc gamer is a first person shooter with an inventory system.

reminder that lord british is STILL mad

The fuck are you on, faggot? It was all teens PKing each other.

Oh I'm sure you really enjoyed that year you spent alone sitting in front of a tv

Today* you need to be at least 30 years old if you played that shit.

t. underage

Is being 30yo something unimaginable for you?

No, he's saying that day 1 players of UO would be in their 30s now.

He's probably the kind of fag on Holla Forums that admits to watching an LPer play a game so he can pretend he has friends

have you played original everquest? it makes vanilla wow feel like crap in comparison, if you can get passed the old graphics.

literally who

16 year old detected