Games to play on Deployment

You're moving to Afghanistan with your Uncle Sam and you're about to have a lot of down time between shifts in the desert. So you've pirated a bunch of single player games to an external hdd. What are they?

You could literally just ask what are good singleplayer games and skip the deployment thing.
Dwarf Fortress and if you don't have internet (you probably won't) a local copy of all the important pages from the DF Wiki. Nothing can burn more time than DF.

Man, I wish I'd had a computer when I actually was deployed. There was a 360 on the base but I wasn't into most of the games. Halo and Call of Duty were never my thing.

Doom

Holy shit user stop making these single question threads. Make a thread about a video game. Put more fucking effort into making a thread or don't bother making one at all.

Here's an excellent thread about video games:
LOL

That's a great suggestion. Do an NCR run and it'll be really similar to the shit you're going through.

Don't be such a spaz.

For size to gameplay, nothing beats the no-intro collections for all the cartridge based systems and the latest SVN+bios of every emulator for them.

GBA is 6.5 GB
SNES is 3
N64 is 12 (but N64 emulation is kinda crap)
NES+GB+GBC are barely 1 GB (though this collection contains each system as its own 7z)
Genesis is about 1.1 GB on its own (also 7z instead of each game being zipped)

So if you avoid the system with finiky emulation anyways you've got endless games under 10GB. You'll want to grab all the translation patches off romhacking.net.

Factorio, KSP, Minecraft + FtB. Time no longer has meaning.

In fortress mode the only one that matters Dwarf fortress is kneecaped by its shit optimization and lack of multi threading, so you can't do anything crazy with water or a massive population. Ontop if it it lacks depth. It's not like stronghold where you have to build your defences up to hold off raids but also feed your civilians, because you can just seal yourself underground and grow food there. All the things you can manufacture are just reskins of eachother, theres no strategy involved. It's just about as unfinished as minecraft in that regard. It basically just exists to read randomly generated flavor text all day for the rare time where it lines up to be hilarious.

You don't play singleplayer games. Bring some fighting and brawling games over.

Take some books and manuals on Nipponese and learn something that will get you a less shit posting.

You go to into every single thing someone mentions dwarf fort in and post the same exact complaints.
Maybe the game just ain't for you nigga

I'm doing that too only with Deutesche

One JRPG. One Sci-Fi RPG. One Fictional RTS. One "Real" RTS. One autism simulator. One WRPG. One Flightsim/Space sim. One fast moving FPS. One slow-paced FPS. One Horror game. One Point-n-Click Adventure game. One Cuhrazye Game. One Walkingsim. And then every single game about Viet-Nam.

A gun so I can kill myself and not serve Israel.

They are standard issue so you're in luck

good

Good goy

Ignoring the shitty image, try Grimrock

They actually allow you to bring an HDD from home and plug it into the computers there? Sure, if they're smart those PCs may not be connected to anything or have important shit on it, but that still sounds like a bad idea.

Try Disgaea if you're into weeb/autism games and like big numbers.
Roguelikes will run on any toaster so you can't go wrong with those.

Keep trying…

Stalker.

But I'm not a bootlicking tool of the military-industrial complex.

Play with your dick before an IED takes it

No, they let you bring your own laptop and connect to a locally provided wifi for 80-120/mo. The HDD would plug into my personal laptop. They would never allow a personal hdd or USB to plug into a government computer.

Work for the gov't and can confirm they'll have someone come down to you if you even plug your phone in a government laptop to charge it. Might get fired for it too

Postal 2, Moonman Doom Mod and Deus Ex.

Play russian roulette

Monster Hunter is perfect. Extreme depth that will literally last you thousands of hours, but consumed in short 10-30 minute hunts that don't need special time blocked off for them. The 3DS and PSP are portable and easy to pack into your shit too, and both are hacked out the ass so you can throw CFW on them and get everything for free.

hitchhike to israel and kill some kikes

Nigga new deployments are going to be in North Korea soon.

Right, so pack Starcraft too.

Live action Duck Hunt.

This kind of makes want to play a Harvest Moon game where you're a Pashtun opium farmer trying to rebuild your family farm after your father died in a drone strike, and you have to raise enough money by the end of the year to keep the local Taliban warlords from executing you and conscripting your children into a terrorist training camp.

Instead of a loveable pet dog, you get a filthy goat that follows you around, and you can have multiple wives (but they all use exactly the same pixel art because of the burka).

what about getting a JXD with multiple emulators

Don't forget the bacha bazi simulation user, it's an Afghan tradition which the Taliban wants to destroy.

Yeah, I was going to say something about having dancing boys. Like, you have a rape meter that fills up over time, but you can't necessarily have sex with your wives because you're dangerously close to having too many mouths to feed already. You have to manage the size of your family (which goes up and down depending on bombing runs, disease, playing on landmines). If you don't end up raping somebody when your meter gets all the way full - you have to fuck one of your wives with a high chance of pregnancy.

So to relieve this, you go to town and fuck one of the dancing boys - but you lose a half a day or a day of work.

It would need balancing, but I think it could work.

Command&Conquer Generals

HOMM3

metal slug, only the first one

I've never been in the good goy states of israel defender tax leeches so I wouldn't know. Maybe something you can pick up and set down when you get called immediately without warning? Something with little cutscenes that you can save quickly?

Why play video games when you can die for Israel?

A soldier for the gay disco

The binding of isaac antibirth
an NES emulator with every NES game
maybe an SNES emulator with the same if you can fit it
MGSTPP with infinite heaven
Honey select with all the mods and character cards you can fit
Geneforge 1-5. Its a CRPG series about stem cell wizards.
Sega Genesis Emulator with as many game as you download for it
Morrowind with mods
Oblivion with sexmods
Every Final Fantasy for PC
you won't have a lot of downtime

The game is pretty buggy though. You get bonus points if you do it on a US military base, but the soldiers aren't programmed to treat it like a crime.

>not a lot of down time

My specific role and job affords me plenty based on what people in the same role have told me of their past deployments. If not, no big deal. I'd prefer not having ample downtime down range.

I'd just bring those games and be like

They tell you that to get you to enlist because we have no draft dude.
Thanks for doing it so I don't though.

Whats you're job?

Hey, that's offensive. Goats are lovely animals.

It looks like Santa is over in the middle east giving the naughty boys and girls a fucking bullet to the head for Christmas!

When I was in Iraq I played civ 4 a whole fuck ton. A single game can last forever, and it can be even funner if you use your imagination. Also, it runs fine on pretty much any computer.

Does such a pack exist?

Is the locally provided wifi good enough for competitive online shooter? Good enough for youtube? How good are we talking? I will be deploying in the future at some point.

The wifi packages offered go up to 120/mo. No one has told me what sort of mbps that is but they said the highest package can do online gaming.

Just what I wanted for Christmas! How did he know?

Spec Ops: The Line

IS Defense.

I'd play Depression Quest if I were you.

Do the devs still run weekly contests with prizes like cups, t-shirts or hatred?

What motivates people to do these photoshops?

Sage for offtopic