Soma's Journalism mode

>At the very least, the success of Soma’s Safe Mode can serve as an example for how developers can customise their experiences to appeal to those whose aren’t so interested in the challenge, the scares, or the digital dangers of interactive entertainment

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=EQ33gt_A5Ro
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=282140&browsesort=trend§ion=readytouseitems&actualsort=trend&p=1&days=365
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing of value was lost.

How lazy are they?
Even DSP is a better gamer than these hacks.

The game is shit, but the fucking writer had the audacity to call the game's Safe Mode an essential option for other vidya.
I'm afraid games will become even more ridiculously easy at this point because of double-digit IQ journalists like in the OP

So not only can they not play video games, but they can't even write properly?

There is their problem. DSP may be a terrible player, but when it comes down to it, he is at least a gamer aka he plays lots of games. These journalists however are not, and it shows in almost everything they do and say.

wait until they found out they cant finish the game in this mode
if only

What timeline is it?

best timeline

Never forget.

Wait doesn't Persona 5 have a safe mode like that?

I will blame journos for that. All Penumbra, Amnesia and Soma were good games, and now they have free publicity of safe mode in their safe as fuck games.

anything is hard for someone who isn't willing to try and actively doesn't want to

Soma was pretty shit, actually. The only good monster was the one that reacted to sound because that was the only aggressive one that wasn't linked to some scripted event. The story is a laughably bad clusterfuck, too.

What a strange timeline to live in, I am not sure how to feel about this.

DSP isn't truly stupid, he's stubborn and is prone to sticking to bad ideas he should have abandoned long ago. Stupid is Dean Takahashi who didn't know you could level up in Mass Effect and scored it low because it got too hard for him.
DSP could save scum his way through Xcom on easy, Dean would find a way to fail the tutorial mission and then fail to notice that soldiers can get perk or can research.

I pray for the day when someone releases a game and the easy difficulty is called Journalism Mode.

2/10 to much gameplay.

Doesn't one of the Mario games do that already?

Welp, the more I know I guess.

This is fucking retarded, why take away the gameplay? If you don't like the gameplay, don't buy the game. If it's too hard, use cheat mode your retards, like every other kid did back in the day.

I got bored around the bee boss. Truth be told the bosses felt like more of a novelty of watching the animations play out rather than being challenged by the boss itself, with a few exceptions of course. Are the final few bosses worth finishing the game for or what?

DSP isn't a shitty gamer, he's just an utter moron who have a hard time picking up basic information (probably due to lack of attention-span).

Yeah, he's stupid.

What is the difference between him and DSP? DSP routinely fucks up because his spice IQ is too low to grasp even basic gameplay concepts.

There's actually a video of a lolcow that managed to fuck up the XCOM tutorial mission. I can't remember his name anymore but it's the fuckwit in embed related.

He is incredibly bad at games.

They don't even use the word gamers anymore.

I'm convinced it's all an act, with the exception of fighting games.
I mean there's that one part where he misses the obvious M9 in his inventory and it's pretty clear how he's acting, or also in MGS2 how he pressed every button except, conveniently, the shoulder buttons.

It’s nothing new, the Witcher 3 had a mode like this too. It’s the difficulty setting for homos that only play for “the story”.
As if you can’t appreciate the story playing on normal or hard.

Ok I will admit I only heard the story summary of soma.
But still it was better shit than 90% of video games have. Writing itself may had suck but at least it had good idea.

He does ham it up sometimes, doesn't mean he isn't an idiot. He gets pretty upset when people point out he sucks at games, and then there's the fact he can't manage his money and seems incapable of not pissing off the subhumans that give him shekels.

King Dice is a boss rush followed by the actual boss fight.
The Devil is a fair challenge with some cheap gimmiks thrown in for good measure.

My point is that it's entirely possible to be dumber than DSP, by orders of magnitude. His fans are one example, games journalism is another. Even DSP knows games journalists are retarded.

Yes he is, he is incredibly stupid and struggles to comprehend basic concepts, not just in games but even in life this is further compounded by his massive ego and his inability to ever admit fault.
He's not a gamer, most vidya journos aren't they only write about them because they're to talentless to get into more mainstream publications and this is all they can get it's why you constantly see them struggle with things ever other gamer knows even before playing and why they desperately want to turn games into movies, DSP might be better at games than a journalist but that doesn't stop him from being a colossal moron.

He's the kind of person that is too stupid to use any kind of device because reading the instruction manual makes his brain hurt, except even a paraplegic chimp could complete the tutorial by hitting buttons at random.

So how does that work? Do enemies just don't exist? Are you an invincible floating camera? Games like Silent Hill would kill the entire mood when you know you are never in danger and can just skip ahead to wherever you feel like.

Every single enemy will make sounds and walk around but will not attack you

well you wouldn't want to associate yourself with the of the likes of these people if you were in their place neither,especially the ones that are of the undead variety

So it takes what little gameplay Soma had and turns it into a haunted house ride with narration. It's a shame that most people that get paid to write about games hate games.

To be fair the enemies in some were a fucking nuisance, not a threat, since you can't even really die. All they do is waste your time, they're not scary or interesting. The game would have been much better if it had focused on puzzle solving and didn't have any enemies.

What a time to be alive.

Maybe focusing on puzzles would be best for them for their next game.

The really sad part is that modern games are made with imbeciles in mind. I can't imagine how these subhumans would have handled something like Thief. They'd like get hospitalized for acute PSTD or something.

I like the atmosphere in Soma and I love adventure games that task you with fixing machines to progress. Sadly, the protagonist is as dumb as a brick (and yes, I'm aware there is a lore reason for that) and ruins the whole atmosphere.

They should call it "journo mode".

Nah, name it after the faggot who couldn't beat the tutorial section of fucking cuphead. That asian fucker.

Came here to say this. Why are illiterates allowed to earn a wage as writers?

Normies should be shot.

Someone has to do the writing and the rest of you creative fuckers are drugging yourselves up and suiciding instead.

Return to neogaf.

Soma is fucking garbage.
I played it all the way through and I can't tell how you disappointed I was at it. There's no fucking gameplay; you walk somewhere, do something, hear some shitty grade school level philosophy, walk somewhere else and repeat.
I can see what journos would like it.

No matter how many times I see it, I'm always astonished as the incompetence of video game journalists, the same people telling me that I need to accept trannies and illegals everywhere.

Bump and reported because you don’t even remotely belong here.

"Takahashi mode" doesn't sound bad, and probably isn't enough to put the creators in any trouble.

True. Or they could name it after mark, after his massive fuckup on the new sonic where sega made fun of him. Either works really.

holy fuck sauce please

Are we sure we can't have another name for this shit, like "Interactive module" or "virtual environment"? It's just not a fucking game.

I would be absolutely okay with this.
It happened with VNs, it should happen with these things.

They're called walking simulators.

No idea where I saved the picture but its when he got the new sonic game early before the release date, decided to stream on twitch for some reason, and died 12 times on some easy part and sega mocked him on twitter about "at least we didn't die 12 times in a row" or some shit.

Not really. Soma is babby's first transhumanist story, and that's it.
Granted, there aren't many games that tackle on the subject (especially contemporary western ones), but the story won't impress anyone familiar with the GitS franchise for example.

this is the greatest thing ive heard all week, gonna go scour twitter, wish me luck i dont fucking kill myself before i find it

I wish people would. I honestly like shit like Dear Esther, but holding it to the same standards as honest to god games is retarded. SOMA is actually the kind of shit where a "no danger" mode would be reasonable, because gameplay isn't even close to the point of it. It's all about the atmosphere and story. As it stand, I can't say they should have a no danger mode because they're still "games," and people shouldn't expect that from "games."

Skip to the end if you want that specific bit
hooktube.com/watch?v=EQ33gt_A5Ro

Independent dev here. You joke about that, but everytime I see these headlines, I become more and more serious about making a "journo" mode jab of some kind when building the audience. A mode with such a significant portion of the gameplay ripped out and being condescending to the player. If you want to see the game's story without playing the god damn game, go watch Vinesauce or Pewdiepie or some shit. It won't even cost you 20-60$.
Burn the AAA circlejerk, burn the indie clique. This industry will rise again.

DO IT FAGGOT

don't waste time on them

If there was a kind of agreed segregation I wouldn't mind it, I wonder what the consequences of having an official distinction like that would cause, would these kinds of journos just leave regular games alone?

Please do it, I fucking hate smug casuals so much.
What kind of game are you making?

Probably not, they need to make money somehow.

Never forget the 12 shoahs.

Your wish is my command.

It wouldn't be much time wasted because I'm not retarded. Just enough to b8 when I feel I'm in a position to pull it off.

Turn based RPG, but it deviates in a lot of ways and isn't another pixelshit RPG Maker thing. There's enough going on that thought is involved, which journos and casualfags can't into. When I do an official announcement, I will probably shamelessly make a topic here and /agdg/.

I look forward to it, you've piqued my interest

There are other kinds of RPG?

These are the people who think if everyone are disallowed to fight, we will have true peace. I don't think I need to tell you how stupid that is. They're only topped by vegans who think we'll stop climate change by setting all the farm animals free because cow farts are seriously killing the planet and all hope is lost.

Do it like the new casual Mario games. If you die a bunch on the same level, have a popup bpx saying, "Is see you're having some trouble. Are you a game journalist? If so, click HERE to enable Journalism mode to easy pass through the game and see the story."

They do popups now? Last I saw, they just spawn a box with a level-long invincible powerup near the spawn. Popups make it more rage inducing and is less mechanical (which is already pretty brute-forced)

Th-thanks ;_;

The first New Mario Brothers did a popup, they started doing the super Tanuki suit in later games.

He played better than Angry Joe who struggled for hours on the frog brothers and that level with the woodpecker. He did it with a partner but still, he was destroyed playing that game. He also did a "review" which I find hard to believe he actually beat because of they way he talks like he only maybe played half the game, which is where he left off during his stream. He also gives a 10/10 rating, being the bandwagoning of public opinion that he is.

I wish Trump would deport Salty Pedro.

We've reached the point where even fucking walk-to-win games are way too fucking hard for people. What in the fuck is even happening in this industry?

That's simply because DSP gets paid to play games while they get paid to review them.
Meaning they don't have to play a game, they just have to say they did and write a shitty article.

Yeah, there are turn based RPGs and then there are good RPGs.

I pirated SOMA because I heard bad things about it and ended up dropping it after finally meeting a monster thing because there was no real challenge or reason to be afraid, unlike Amnesia which had lethal monsters in it.
The game had no tension, to begin with, why remove what little i had. Hell IIRC getting attacked by monsters didn't even have that much consequence to it.

You mean the EU?

It doesn't, it respawns you at the same spot you "died" at. Only if it catches you again within ~1 minute or so do you go back to the last checkpoint. I finished the game and liked the story enough, but I wouldn't really replay it and it was neither hard nor a horror. In its defense each monster is unique.

Yes, but that's due to being a complete and utter retard in general, he's as bad at videogames as he is with almost every other aspect of his life.

The story was cool until it turned out I was a robot that couldn't die so there was no real tension.

I tried finding the source of this so long in hopes of more, anyone got it?

dont forget to block the ending and/or final stage by playing on that mode

Angry Joe has come so low, damn… I tried to watch one his AnGrY ReViEwS the other day and oh my god, the little funny bits he does with his boyfriend are pain-inducing.

I recall an user had a shitload of videos from this guy, but that was years ago and I can't for the life of me remember his name. I do have two more videos though.

I remember seeing a video of him criticizing a blender tutorial.

He had dozens of videos before he took them down, all with him sperging the fuck out about anything and everything and failing at every game imaginable. There used to be commentary videos of his escapades but most of it has disappeared over the years. A pity really, since he is a magnificent lolcow.

Why do all retards especially hard left do this?

this has always driven me fucking nuts.
fuck you you fucking illiterate faglords the english language is turning into nigger-tier "smh tbh famalam" nonsense because of you you're goddamn right i mad

>>>/argentina/

my post wasn't designed to be read by a public audience, nor did i get paid for it, nor did i take to twitter in order to talk about how imageboards need a safe mode because i just plain don't have time or interest in actually taking part in what makes it special

What the fuck is this timeline

Is he actually gay?

Because it's a piss easy way to defend/attack a point

I pity those who find this funny. And if he's actually retarded well that's just worse.

Well, since you mention the story and not gameplay. To be fair you actually die several times during the story and just don't realize it until near the end - the memories and personality are preserved but it's a different, new consciousness every time you switch bodies.
Just wanted to clarify, since like I said before, it's transhumanist philosophy 101 and I agree it's not that impressive at all.

so…. I get the hate over journalism mode and all, but does this thread really thinks its a shit game?
seriously though, was one of the best games I had played in fuck long while
and not trying to go over pretentious shit, but the story holy fuck, was deep thought inducing and brought me tears

and btw, I had actually tried the safe mode, and to be honest it really doesn't change the game all that much
if anything it makes it worse, you can go up and close to some of them and experience the horrification first hand

You must be barely old enough to be allowed to post here and haven't read or watched much sci-fi, at least hard sci-fi. In which case that's fine but it should be brought up.

It was a shit game, but it had nice atmosphere that sold the story well. Most people here are pretty familiar with thetranshumanism shit the story deals with, so for most of us the major twist was *really god damn obvious* so we weren't going to enjoy the story. So that leaves the atmosphere, but when you already fucking hate the gameplay, and the story is coming off as insulting, your game is beyond salvaging.

You're asking if anons really think something that isn't a cheap slav game is shit. Of course they think it is
Oh yeah, nevermind you're a retard

Reminds me that there was a review of some game (a Mega Man game, I think), where the journo reviewing it whined that the story didn't have any conclusion. Cue the readers ripping into the fact that he clearly played on easy since the harder difficulties had closure.

It was barely a game in the first fucking place half the time the enemies disappear if you get far enough away from them, what is the point of playing it now? Just to see how much of a retarded dickhead the main character is because he can't understand something everyone tells him multiple times?

i've always wanted to see a game with a journalist mode, clearly labeled in the options, where after exactly two hours it puts up a message saying "you are scum" or something otherwise inflammatory and rude. it'd be incredibly easy to harvest salt off that, not to mention you'd easily expose the people who play for less than two hours and think they know enough to write a "professional" article about it

Soma's story had all of one good part, and that was when Catherine calls out Simon on being a fucking retard for not understanding that they were copying his mind, not cutting and pasting it, even after she had explained it several times already.

Well yes, I mean the story is "okay" but only like the last asshole you have to play chicken with was any fun since you had to actually strategize. You couldn't hide with that stupid "just look away and they never know you're there" bullshit.

>Some shitty (((journalist))) spins it as removal of "challenge" so now everyone is defending it
wew

It's crazy to realize that Hitler actually cared about his race, whereas the EU is determined to dillute Europe's beautiful gene pool with blacks and kebabs.

Nigger, lazy or not, SOMA is literally just walking and listening and looking at shit without the enemies. The few puzzles are so basic, there's no actual gameplay without the monsters. I liked SOMA's story a lot, but it's a fucking "run from the monster" game, if you take out the monsters it has fucking nothing. It's Gone Home but longer and with better writing.

Welcome to Soviet Union, where competency doesn't matter and you get promoted for loyalty to the party.

delet intellectual property, delet closed source

Then it says a lot that the game is objectively improved without them

I'm familiar with it, I was pretty aware of the twist, still I had not seen that exactly same portrayal and they did a good in the narrative delivery

it was legit scary without recurring to the usual horror cliches,
atmosphere was good, sound design was amazing as always,
the teleporting bulb, the screaming weeper, and the sandworm from the depths were legit stuff from nightmares monsters

not defending it either, but that mode was meant for people who were too spoopy but wanted to play the game
but in all honesty it makes perfect sense for it albeit taking away any challenge,
most monster in there were not in fact aggressive, just disoriented trapped conscious, it even makes the game eerier because now they just keep following you like lost children
even if you can't die its still pretty horrifying just being close and listening to the weeper (but of course much more tense when you need to be dead quiet)
on that same note all the real aggressive monsters remain aggressive in peaceful mode, the chase scene, the sea creatures

I am a fucking coward and couldn't play SOMA without having a heart attack so I downloaded the Wuss Mode mod and had a ton of enjoyment out of an interactive movie.

Jesus Christ! Why are so many people so fucking scared of dying in a videogame?

Also, I hope one day some dev makes a "Safe Mode" than ends up being the most difficult mode. That would be great.

So you never played horror games regularly, they didn't even change the patterns they introduced the monsters until you're at the bottom of the ocean. By that point it's completely predictable:
This type of sequence is bog standard in all horror games and i saw it coming a mile away. Even when comparing to their own previous games it's just not that good.

I guess i have some little respect to DSP

Why don't they just watch a fucking movie then.

Movie reviews don't make them money user.
They are game journalists.

So it's a mode for posers who wants to talk about video games because it's the hip things, for mad social cred?

I still have no respect for him, but I have even less respect for (((journalists))). I have negative respect.

That's the only reason normalfags do anything.

This, it's the entire reason the Western industry has become what it is.

So people that play once for the story like no challenge while people that are still playing today like it to be harder.
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=282140&browsesort=trend§ion=readytouseitems&actualsort=trend&p=1&days=365

This man has never been slapped in his life and he needs it multiple times. He needs to experience pain. great, very long lasting pain.

Can you imagine sitting journos in front of old, awesome adventure games like KQ, SQ, and PQ, where the creative ways of screwing yourself into dying are half the fun?

Serious question: At what point in time did cheat codes merge into difficulty options and modsDLC?

Didn't all games used to have godmode? Didn't we just call lamers like these cheaters and have done with it?

All games no, but many did have some kind of cheat, like the 30 extra lives in Contra.

Most did. I miss cheat codes and secrets. They gave games a lot more of that childish fun factor.

If I remember right, this MUH STORY mode started with either Mass Effect 2 or 3.

More on topic, I remember SOMA being an awful piece of shit, but the world design and story was pretty nice.

In its current form of hype, maybe. The original System Shock had difficulty settings that went down to "0", allowing you to pretty much shut off every feature of the game for the ultimate walking sim experience. It also had those stupid pods I never used, blech, too much like Elbereth in Nethack.

Soma was perfectly fine and see no reason to wantonly shit on it. Save your anger and nitpicking for a game that deserves it.

You guys want a truly unpopular opinion? I think if anything, the monster encounters only bogged the game down and this mode is a decent inclusion. Have you faggots actually played the game? The world is so fucking cool and creepy, but then the monsters pop in and you have to wait unnecessarily long. The gameplay isn't 'hardcore' and interesting, it's just needlessly tedious.

They should've either improved the stealth and made it actually engaging gameplay-wise, or reworked the game into something that involves combat. The setting is perfect for a true System Shock sequel, it would work perfectly.

While WAU's attempts to "help" humanity, which results in eldritch abominations, is a big plot point, I'd argue that it's not a necessary one. The world is already fucked beyond belief. The planet is fucking scorched, and surface temperatures are probably still at an unlivably high levels. We don't need another antagonizing factor, the fact that humanity is essentially wiped out, ans the underwater bases are the only livable habitats is enough. What they should've done is introduce spooky deep sea life. Not even dangerous necessarily, the spook factor should be enough.

Then it's a kusoge

If I ever get to a remotely close state of my game being finished, I'm making going to make an additional 'Story only' difficulty which in reality is me turning up the values to sky high levels just to fuck with jouros.

I'd pay to watch them attempt to play the originals back when it required typing.

Goddamn this has to be an act, right? How can anyone be so unbelievably dense about basic fucking game mechanics?

Using cheatcodes was just something you did if you were bored. If you relied on it then yeah you're a pussy who needs to cheat.

I disagree. Soma ain't Soma without fucking uncanny "improvements" of humans. In terms of animation and sound design they're actually all great, the proxies have a really disturbing visual design and they constantly choke and sputter like they're having trouble breathing.

The NPCs were very under-explored altogether.

What about non-hostile creations of the WAU that walk around aimlessly not acknowledging you?

What about mortally wounded or seriously fucked-up modified people casually making conversation, not realizing they're torn in half or cut apart?

Or abominations that want your help and walk around trying to communicate with you, but they just sputter and puke everywhere and make you uncomfortable?

What about a cyborg that's still conscious and intelligent, but has grown delirious and runs around yelling like a mad gunman kicking over tables and laying cobbled-together traps for you?

What about two consciousnesses inhabiting the same body or fused together like a siamese twin? What if the two of them hated each other?

Those parts are interesting. What's not interesting is a retarded screeching monster that chases you for no reason at all. I would say that the robots you encounter early on are more interesting than the Not-Amnesia abominations in the second half.

It's been a while since I've played, but if I remember right, it's been a couple of months or years since the comet hit. With an impact of that magnitude, it would take about 3-7 days for the smouldering bits of planet to all finally rain down and cool off, so Earth would have cooled long before the events of the game with the exception of the impact crater. The problem is that a significant portion of that debris is too small to fall back to the ground and covers the sky for years, causing surface temperatures to plummet and crashing the ecosystem from blocking the sunlight. By the time Simon wakes up, the surface isn't a burning wasteland, but rather a frozen one.
This is, of course, ignoring that the real issue with Soma's story is how pants on head retarded Simon and Catherine's plan is. Catherine says the ark will last for thousands of years, but that's a cosmic blink of an eye. They pretend to be saving the human race, but someday the ark will need maintenance it won't get, and it'll shut down. All they're doing is prolonging the inevitable.

When Simon launches the Ark, you can see the planet from space. Also, I agree on the complete futility of the ending. The ark doesn't have any genetic material from the human race, so it is impossible to resurrect the species. The ark also doesn't have any manipulators or other means of interacting with the environments, so it can't even build anything. It will survive for several millenia, and if it's in a stable orbit within our solar system, it will degrade due to space debris, but if it is launched outside of the system, it will shut down once it's far enough from the sun.

Now I remember that scene. I facepalmed hard. Whoever wrote the game had zero knowledge of what actually happens in an extinction level event.

If these people hate gameplay so much then why don't they just read visual novels as most don't even have gameplay besides stuff like Rance and Kamidori? If you want to be a real faggot you can just get the all ages version of many VNs assuming it doesn't have garbage H-scenes like Tsukihime

Whenever I used to watch Spastic Spic's reviews, i'd skip past the skits. He's like an autistic Doug Walker.

Probably not, but even if he was, I doubt his theoretical butt buddy would be able to put up with him.

stealth is incredibly shallow in walking simulators,
lets take Wolfenstein New Order/Colossus,
you always have an option for stealth (and the game is actually easier this way) or you could survive by fighting back and fast reflexes
this is why its always better in those games

Has FPS stealth changed that much from the days of RtCW and MoHAA?

There is a certain pathetic mentality they have. To not git gud at a game is like refusing to learn how 2 read better on the more difficult books.

If anything, FPS stealth has gotten worse. I wish someone would make a game with MoH's disguise sections again.

It might possibly have been scary if the game didn't blow its load by showing you all the mechanics it would ever have within the first 20 minutes. I figured out right quick that there is literally nothing you can do in SOMA other than walk and interact with the odd panel or button. There was no strategizing, no clever use of any items, no thinking on your feet, nothing. Anytime something "scary" or "dangerous" happened I already knew ahead of time, even though I'd never experienced the game before, that my only options were to walk or interact with something. I already knew my possibilities in the game were that limited, which utterly destroyed any suspense. Oh look, a fuzzy black static creature thing. Well, I can't do anything other than walk, and I need to get past it, so I guess I just have to distract it into an area that loops or simply hope it walks by where I'm hiding, because there are literally no other options for dealing with it. Not scary, just tedious.

All of SOMA is like that and I only played it once, which I imagine most people do, if they bother. Knowing how extremely limited you are in the game wrecks beforehand any kind of possible suspenseful event.

LMAO
at least journalist have an "excuse" since they can t dedicate too much time on one game. but joe ? dam how can he be so bad ?

If I ever made a game, clicking "Game Journo" mode would automatically close the game, open youtube to a let's play of the game and uninstall the game in the background

Most Journos have some sort of mental issue, since SJWs brainwash via emotional manipulation it makes sense a lot of them are bad at games.

My point was that 2000s-era FPS stealth was balls-hard. As such, stealthing all the way through was usually a special achievement, and stealth was mainly useful to hold your finger on the scales as much as possible before a firefight broke out.

Really, the biggest problem with old stealth was that if you somehow managed to skirt around everyone in a full ghost run, your objective would involve breaking stealth in an extremely unadvantageous way (even if completely unnecessary, like how your demolition charges would invariably either have 30-second timers, or your character would radio-detonate them barely outside blast radius).

There was that one guy who ragequit Persona 5 because "it was too much effort to dissect the literal actual meaning of each line." He would have quit even with a Journalist Difficulty.

To be fair, sometimes I just want a simulation, not always a challenge. I'm not on the PRESS A TO WIN wide of things, but I can see where there is a continuum of:
movie like experience←->ultimate challenge

everyone in this thread is niggers

So random, so wacky, me like!

You read like some dime a dozen shill trying to get me to buy the product user. Your format is a bit weird, phone poster I take it?

no that's irrelevant.
they ALWAYS were bad at video game that's why you had journalist and "tester"/reviewer.

you had your journalist that did what any journalist does but only in regard to video game. (meaning they folow a guideline and directive so that what they says match the edditorial line of the website/journal)
and the tester that was actual gamer whos job was to test a game
you had many of them each specialize ina domain because obviously you can t ask a DOOM fan to test and apreciate old school RPG like Drakensang.

but in the end, they ended up (because its cheaper and because JV scene became more casual) to use thoses sames journalist as reviewer and they justified it with a shitty:

that's why some complain about difficulty and such.
and even "serious" VG website let this going on because through their complain, it's a way of saying:
even moreso when, rating… well it is only helpfull to casual who wont understand shit.
normal gamer don't base their opinions on a score. this is only what 39y/old mom who knows nothing and need to to buy a game for her child.

anyway TL;DR

so I'm just gonna entertain this sentence for a bit, but what do you call horror game genre
even old timers silent hill/resident evil where pretty much just "get locked in room with boss fight" type of monsters, with the single horror element left being the environment and bits of story you find around

any "horror" games of similar franchises later just became action shooter with jumpscares, with again don't even qualify for horror elements
and with a very few exceptions, very few games managed to be legitimate scary

what timeline is this?

test

He is a complete retard, but I understand your point. Most of his problems with games result from him either not paying attention or "assuming" that some asinine course of action is the right thing to do and absolutely refusing to try other shit. He's a fucking idiot as well though, which is how he comes up with those stupid ideas to begin with. The fact that he persisted for long enough to beat some of the games he did end up beating – basically every MGS game until 4 for example, since he insisted on playing those in the most tedious and difficult ways possible – is a little impressive given his faults. Ironically, he has still ragequit several games despite that.

He continues to be funny, like a village schizophrenic. Goons lay claim to inventing LPs too, are you going to swear off all recorded gameplay footage now?

Goon LPs date from before AIDS totally overwhelmed SA, and it shows in the contrast between goon LPs and Youtube LPs. Old goon LPs were played by people who were really good at a game, intended as a detailed ode to a game's intricacies for an audience that had already played the game, and were usually text, often with very few screenshots. Youtube LPs are (and even from the beginning strongly leaned toward) played by drunken retards, watched as a substitute for TV/friends by non-gamers, and are, of course, all video with no accompanying text.

The timeline where everyone's videogame's skill is regressing except for DSP's. Soon DSP will be the unbeatable videogame master that videogame shitters have to visit in the mountains to learn his secrets.

This. Trailers had all this shit about science going wrong in some shady underground experiments, and expected at least a buttload of puzzles and some basic (ineffectual) combat. I walked around and occasionally walked past a monster. The only fun part was when I was transported to Skyrim because I kept shit-talking with the guy about how Soma must have been the most advanced prison escape yet. But even that wouldn't be true because at least you have combat in TES

The Boatmurdered LP is still one of the best things I've read ever. Too bad no one can make quality shit like that anymore.

then why the fuck wouldyou play videogames then if you hate them so much they stress you out?

Well I know you aren't the same guy, but if you are admitting that goons can occasionally shit out something that isn't worthless then the point is moot.

Because they're retarded and seem to mistake suspense for stress. The game's supposed to make you feel uneasy and tense because you're in a place full of killer cyborgs.

These aren't adults, they're children who cover their ears and shut their eyes when things get slightly uncomfortable. They're basically 10 forever.

Could it be DSP is taking revenge at humanity for mocking him by leeching people's gaming skills?

He started with games journalists, then youtubers.

YOU ARE NEXT user!

It isn't that he's bad at vidya, he's just a general idiot. He can actually play vidya fairly competently, but as soon as a game requires him to use his head everything goes to shit. Feel free to prove me wrong by the way, I'm not exactly an expert on the guy, its just the observations I've made from the few times I have watched him play something

Who are these gamers who don't want a challenge? I don't think they exist, I really don't. The people who don't want to engage in a challenge while they consume media are watching TV or movies or reading books and they would probably laugh at how shitty Soma's storyline is and get offended if you asked them to fuck with a controller while they watch it. If this new mode causes 10 copies of the game to sell I would honestly be surprised.

He's fucking awful at all video games. His intuition for mechanics is awful despite doing them as a job for a decade. His "claim to fame" is being a former Street Fighter tourneyfag, and all of the FGCniggers consider him a laughingstock. His only victory is some kind of fucking bizarre bootleg "port" of a Game Gear Street Fighter Turbo game to the PSX and he only won by abusing Akuma.
The only reason he beats games at all is because of his pigheaded stubbornness. He has mediocre reflexes, but he has shitty eyesight and refuses to wear glasses, so he will frequently miss things that are glaringly obvious on screen and wonder how he just fucked up.

t. Guy who has watched way too much of his content second-hand.

He's actually really bad at playing games in general. He has low reaction time and terrible perception which leads to hilarious moments like him walking on every mine possible in his Fallout New Vegas playthrough (he did two of them and still had the same problem his second game). It doesn't take much to be able to play video games well, basically you just need to be paying attention to what's on the screen, but Phil can't even do that. The guy could fuck up a wet dream, his only talent seems to be begging children for money.

He says he's going to do a "redemption run" of Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, and I would be willing to bet large sums of money it won't turn out any better.

he sounds like a fucking leaf

…and what exactly is Douge himself, according to you?

PewDiePie is a guy who pretends he's bad at video games, compare him when he takes the gloves off to DSP and it's a world of difference. gif unrelated

Keep in mind these are (((people))) who hate Japan for having cultural influence on a worldwide scale, something (((they))) want to have complete control of.

DSPs twitter account is a gold mine of salt and and smug satisfaction.

No he's cancer, but he pretends to be an idiot to appeal to the children. He is dead inside, darkness his oldest and only friend.

Even more evidence gamejournos want Vidya to turn into Hollywood. That is more or less what they keep begging for.

he was dead inside for a while, but he changed and became more optimistic when he 1) changed his content to be shit he actually wanted to do rather than felt like he had to do in order to get views, because he hated catering to the cancer crowd [which he freely admits he was cancer for a long time] and 2) he realized he could use his status as the most watched youtuber to start redpilling his massive, dedicated young fanbase (who are now, I would assume, late teens early 20s as this point).

I used to fucking hate pewdiepie, he was the epitome of attention whoring lolsorandumb retarded plebbit tier viewmonger cancer, but when someone showed me shit he made over the last year I had to give him credit. personally I think he still makes a cancer video from time to time because youtube and google have been fucking everyone with demonitization, and he doesn't want to get shut down for hate speech. Exhibit A is some vid he made a couple days ago. Some political subject. oh right it was microagressions.

I was mentioning before he was cancer and actually did funny entertaining videos, where himself also had fun,
that was before those cancerous reaction videos, youtube drama and leafyishere tier shit

Reminder that sips had to spend time in a video apologising to devs for telling his audience their game was broken and not to buy it, because he flat out refuses to read tutorials and on-screen prompts telling him what to do.
The best part of that was in the same video he played another game, ignored it's tutorial and got confused, flustered and angry all over again.
How lazy do you have to be to shit out a video that you won't learn even basic controls and mechanics so you can attempt to get humour from your own idiocy.

clicking "Journalist mode" just open yt with '"your game name" + complete + walktrough"

Those digits don't lie.

I can't tell if the SOMA devs are putting this in to mock the journalists or if they legitimately think there's some merit to catering to people who don't want to fucking PLAY video games.

which video and/or game was that? and when were we talking about sips?
cause I love the guy, but in no way shape of form would take is gaming opinion seriously
his rants are hilarious though, I remember once he being really salty because he didn't know how a fucking compass works