Like some not very well known game

Am I succumbing into hipster mentality, or is this a legit concern?
Game in question called Windom XP, some of you know about it, but it's not the only one that makes me feel that way.
Did you ever faced such internal conflict with yourself?

You're a stupid faggot.

There are hundreds of thousands of things more important to think about than whether or not your pet favorite unknown game becomes popular.

Go back to middle school.

Such as?

It depends on why you want it to be more popular.

no you're just another dumb goyboy

I w

I assure you, I am not Adam Sandler.

Ah, ya got me!

Yes.
Not even a little bit.

FPBP.

It's called not wanting normalfags wanting to ruin your favorite IP. It's a valid concern but it's like trying to stop root rot from killing your tree when the forest is on fire.
Sheeeeeeet.

Its a legit concern because normalfags have no standarts and will eat anything even if it subverts what made a franchise special to cut down on costs or add something flashy with no substance.

Nothing has ever improved after a significant increase in popularity. Hipsters don't really like things, they just like the special snowflake feeling they get from liking something no one else has ever heard of. They use it to show off by bragging about how obscure that thing is. I don't like talking about things I like at all any more because I've seen what happens when you talk about something too much.

The only types of games that need a certain level of popularity are MP and MMO. Neither needs large popularity though, constant popularity is enough.
Basically, you're begging for hordes of normalfags to ruin a game if you try to make it popular.

That has nothing to do with hipsterism. A game that is mainstream in the modern gaming (((industry))) will inevitably become shit as the publisher or the dev sees money to be had by making it easier and less complicated so that even the most retarded faggot can jump in and hit the skill ceiling within five minutes.

Get the fuck out of here, reddit scum

I just want a game with good depth, mechanics and production values.
Unfortunately nowadays that last one can rarely be attained without compromising the first two unlike 10 years ago.

Great post dude.

I'd say it's only natural to want faggots to stay away from you and the things you like, but I don't think you have anything to worry about in this case. Normalfags are hardwired with an inherent physical intolerance for giant robots, especially when it comes to mecha. Your favorite game might not ever be popular, but at least it won't be ruined.

legit concern. I was hoping there wouldn't be anymore metroid games since it one of my favorite series. And if they make more games they are guaranteed to be shit

YOU HAD ONE JOB

An unknown game gaining popularity is only a problem in 2 cases.
A: If it will bring in a horrid competitive scene a la esports shit or fightan
B. It will bring in the Undertale crowd. Usually only a concern if the game is a walking simulator or easy enough for the average redditor to beat. Also if it has cute furry characters.

writers usually don't call the shots in the vidoegame industry.

I don't think you have to worry about anyone giving a fuck about your shitty indie game.

wow, lot of degenerated fuck-ups who weren't born in the nineties kinda believe that there a lot of tranny shitposters, nowadays

Thank god for that. SRW and EDF can remain pristine.

It's a poetry.

Unironically kill yourself so that you may be reincarnated as a slug or a jew.

It is. Popularity ruin things. Niche things are usually better because they are done with passion

>tfw EDF is my kid's gateway drug to mecha and he is enjoying more than I would have expected

popularity doesnt mean much, greed and pride are the killers