TOTAL WAR

Come on guise, no Total War thread?

Been playing Attila, edging myself for the new TW Saga: Throne of Britannia.

The nordic faction (Jutes in particular) are so fucking good, I fucking love shock infantries, they just fucking murder the enemy main line.

Total Wart sucks nowadays. Fuck off Throne of Cucktannia shill.

Oh piss off m8.

And do anyone think the infantry-only faction like the Danes in Ages of Charlesmagne and the dorfs in Warhammer challenging as fuck to play (maybe not in campaign but in battles)?

They have to make up for lack of cavalry with either missile superiority or rush-or-nothing aggressive battle.

they need to make a WW1 total war already.

But your /vg/ brethren and you are the reason for that, you cancerous piece of shit.

But why?

Fuck off

It is not even a screen of the Britannia game.

Attila runs like shit even on lowest settings. I also have no idea how to play it since they insisted on shoving all this grand strategy shit into the newer games where you have to elect a council family feudes. Fuck that shit.
The best entry in the series is Napoleon because it the engine works well with guns.

It's very strange because Attila runs pretty well on my Xbox-tier computer.
How? It's literally just a matter of electing your family members/nobles into higher position so they get more bonus and your faction as a whole can get more bonus.

You can entirely ignore it btw.

What did he mean by this? If this is some strange euphemism for hype then you're even more retarded than I first thought, shill-kun.

It actually means I'm playing Attila to cure my hype for Throne of Britannia.

"Transparent", doesnt even come close to describe this thread

You can track my IP, it's an honest to God Total War thread.

Is cav still the ultimate weapon? I'm an infantry person and hate how 99% of battles in TW games are decided by rushing copius amounts of cav right into your enemys flanks until he collapses.

Cav is very good in Attila.

As a total-infantry faction, you are gonna have to be a very good commander, at least for multiplayer. Against the AI, all you need to do is having a solid wall of infantry supported by onager and archers to lure the cavs in.

I reinstalled attila literally the other day but can't force myself to play it.
What's a good faction for a first run?

Depends, if you want a super easy game, the eastern roman empire, the sassanid due to large territories, armored troops and good economy bonus.

If you want medium challenge, the frank, the burgundian, the goths, basically the germanic factions.

If you want a hard challenge, the nordic faction, especially the saxon, the celts and the Western Roman Empire.

I never play the Huns and the niggers so I do not know about them.

Also, play the tutorial first!

I'll be excited when they learn to fucking optimize their garbage. CA lost all goodwill with me when they fucked up Rome 2. Not even from an optimization standpoint, but also the start of what feels like increasingly more dumbing down of the series. I really want to love Total War but in-between its demanding to squeeze my fucking wallet dry and the fact that it could less of a fuck if things run smoothly, CA can fuck off.

Which factions have the shock inf you were talking about in the OP?

The eastern roman empire, the burgundian, the nordic all have shock two-handed axes units.

The most OP-est is the huscarl from the Jutes, and it's in the op picture.

Rome 2 has actually been optimized pretty well nowadays.

Their newest expansion just drops too.

The goths also have the falxmen units, but they are less deadly because axes have bonus vs infantries (more like everything since they can charge cavalries and kill them too).

I might give attila another try, after all i already spent the money on it.
Still think that Napoleon was the most fun.

Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai is sort of a mix between Napoleon line and shoot and medieval hack and slash combat, also try that sometimes.

I did beat the "fall of the samurai" campaign. It was alright still not better than NTW. Does the basegame for shogun 2 have any guns? I might play it if there are no guns at all and it's just swords and maybe bows. I think the mix of guns and swords doesn't play very well.

Vanilla Shogun 2 has matchlock units, basically the handcannoner in medieval 2, a very small part of the game.

The Shimazu has a special gunner unit that can knock people back, super OP.

Rise of the Samurai has no guns, though it lacks variety.

How much SEGA paid you for this?

Really makes me think.

fuck off shill

JUST

that would suck, format is ill suited for this kind of warfare

There is a WW1 mode for Napoleon it's pretty bad imo

End your existence immediately

These shill accusations are clogging up the thread.

fuck off negro

post a roll cyoa

You're clogging up the toilet nigger.

This is a white man game about white history, negro.

Your post has nothing to do with the game.

go back to cuckchan

roll

Thread was having a nice discussion until you lot.

Oh well, just wait until anybody asks a question, Total War games are endless.

You mean you and your sockpuppet/other shill were bumping each other while pretending to talk about the game?

Nah, writing styles are different, you can do your investigation/IP tracking.

(checked)
Roll

roll

rollan
i feel kinda bad for you op

It's okay, m8.

Every attention is good attention.

Wew

Come on, nigga.

You have brain cells. Please use them.

I'm not a shill m8.

Explain? Just want to have a Total War thread m8.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/treblinka/

Bump.

go back to reddit please

leddit doesn't have good TW threads.

Roll

Instead of trying to make them here, do that there. It'll be more welcome. I really doubt you're a shill how ever you're 100% newfag bait and need to get out.

Edging is when you see how long you can orgasm without ejaculating. Sort of a perfect analogy for CA after Medieval 2.

Nah, my place is here, friend.

Soon, the TW fags will wake up and this thread will be filled to the brim with discussions.

Total War fans are already here. We hate underagefags that think Attila is a good Total War game.

My first TW is Medieval 1 though, and Attila is still one of the good TW games.

I guess as long as you're pirating it, no harm done. But, if you've played the original Total Wars, you know you could always unlock all factions from inside the game. So, even if you don't get into battles enough for the inferior engine to phase you, you'd still suffer from major battered housewife syndrome just for tolerating the nickel and dime bullshit and the $8 price tag for unlocking factions.

Eh, that's a dirty practice but it doesn't actually harm the quality of the game.

And they usually release completed edition that has all the DLC anyway.

You're supporting a dirty practice either way. This is why you don't belong here.

Shill-kun, you're an embarrassment to your profession.

did pic related guy just shit his pants? Seriously, what is wrong with his face?

He just realized that Medieval 2 already has Viking Invasion, so he just wasted sixty dollars.

Rome 2 apparently isn't finished, there's just a new DLC coming out for it.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Medieval 2 didn't have viking invasion, Medieval 1 did.

The britannia campaign in Medieval 2 was much after the Viking age (after the Battle of Hastings).

I don't remember if the Medieval 1's Viking invasion is actually about 800s era England but meh….

In a most likely vain effort to salvage this thread, what would you say is the best mod in the total war series? And how would you rate each game from best to worst after you installed your favorite mod for each one?

kek

Europa Barbarorum is great, I love that mod.

Third Age Total War.

Medieval 2 has the best mods.

But Attila is also getting some good mods like Viking and Medieval 1212.

finally, roll

Just leave now, please. If you're not getting paid to bring up Attila then just stop and talk about actually good TW.

Why do I have to shill for a 2 year old game, man?

Truth is Attila has some good conversion mods.

user, he's just a really passionate fan. It's not like the life of his wife's niglet depends on him earning his daily shekel shilling on an anonymous imageboard. Nobody could be that pathetic, right?

but now you can actually experience battles in the games instead of auto-resolving 10,000 vs 10 battles for 40 hours before getting to one decent fight

You're not shilling for the two year old game fam, you're drumming up attention for the new shit. I'm not blind. By trying to put out the opinion that CA's newest games are good you're then going to try and steer conversation towards that Irish thing. After all you've not mentioned WAWA which means you're going for the TW fans who like the historical games. Either that or you've got shit taste.

I have done none of the above, famalam.

I shoulda shill Rome 2 if SEGA really wants some quick buck for the new DLC.

sage for shit thread

What if the new "tentpole" (retarded marketing term smh) historical title is a ripoff of the 30 years war mod, I'm afraid CA will actually do this since Toto Wawa has pikes and firearms in it.

Plus who the fuck writes out the entire fucking name instead of shortening it like everyone fucking does for everything?

Cuz it might be confused with the Britannia kingdom expansion?

The pike and shot were present in Medieval 2, if you ask me WaWa is more of a precursor to Medieval 3.

black people suck dick

Why would we be confused that someone would be talking about an actually good game if they said they liked Attila?

Cuz Attila is also a good game?

Alright then, explain what makes it a good game and anyway better than former TW without resorting to >muh graphics

where does one apply for these magical shilling jobs?

PR rep at CA

Unit variety, distinct cultural and religion system, and diplomacy that works, good expansion campaign.

I also own Attila but have never played it.
I spend 600 hours into Med 2, I just don't know if it is as good.

Not as good but still good. Start with the prologue.

Well that's a pretty fucking short list fam. But let's start to go through it.
Been done better and more diverse, not a rock paper scissors style of combat. It all boils down to infantry, spears, missiles, cav, and all of them are just upgrades from arrow fodder to elite.
That's fair
That apparently was just a bug in Med 2 and the whole point of TW isn't to have gsg style interlocking empires but instead to use diplomacy so you aren't getting raped from all sides at the same time.

Now for the problems friendo

Rollin

roll

content-less sage

Roll/

EB2>R2

this thread is like Holla Forums

Isn't Total War 3 Engine shit though? What's the point of playing even Shogun 2 if it's using that engine?
t. fag who has played up to Medieval II Kingdoms, but not Medieval I.

Which is like Holla Forums

roll

Shogun 2 almost made up for the shit engine with polish and styles. Just believe in fantasy samurai honour of only fighting one on one and it's bretty good. FOTS though is genuinely the best TW with muskets and it feels so fucking good to decimate a massive katana wielding samurai army with a gatling gun and some riflemen, think end of The Last Samurai sort of shit.

Attila doesn't have rock paper scissor style combat farm, it's like Medieval 2 where cavalry can beat spearman depending on where they charge, and shock infantries can get beaten by spearmn if they get charged.
The grand strategy part is not for show in Attila, you can actually have a 8 turn of peace due to the honor and trustworthy system (if a faction just decides to break peace treaty, they can but it makes everyone dislike them).
It's not all bad, really, but yeah I just skip naval shit if I can.
Wrong, collision matters in Attila, slam a unit in spaghetti line will net in more kill than in a square line.
Explain?
Except it does, constant Huns raid, the ability to raze a settlement, climate change. It really does feel apocalyptic when the Huns capture one of your city and raze it to the fucking ground, destroy hundreds of turn investment into it.
It's an expanded BI farm, I don't think I can play BI now that Attila exists.
Attila scope is Rome 2-tier and deserves to be its own game.
Been like this since Shogun 2 already, there's an excuse for this because of the germans.
That means it's kinda cheap compared to actual expansions in that past that cost $20 or $35, Age of Charlesmagne is worth more than $10.
Rome 2 is still being fixed atm, Attila is a different beast.
True with Rome 2, not with Attila.
This is a problem yes, I agree, but it's done to prevent spammable captain army.

If there ever was someone worthy of a nail then that's you buddy. Seriously, I'm not the one to throw cheap swears but know that given chance I'd gladly practice extreme dentistry on you using nothing but rusty powertools and a smile.

Who let an actual nigger in?

Well, I have no reason to shill for it, famalam.

Of course you do. You're a bored piece of shit hunting for a reaction but can't be arsed or simply lack the talent to earn it with a decent thread.

Did attila actually ever improve over Rome 2?

Also does anyone else think english units should get greenwich armour if tou make it past 15?

That's no reason at all, amigo.

Attila is a good game and I'm simply discussing it.

I could move to WaWa though.

You're also the only one and you should take a hint when almost half the thread is you alone.

how shit is empire divided? Did they improve anything in terms of AI?

It sounds like they are making Attila within Rome 2, weird enough.

You can see the faction similarities (Goth, Saxon) between them.

As long as you're taking requests how about you move on to greener pastures?

Nigga' what? And charging any fucking type of troops' flanks should fucking destroy them that doesn't stop it being RPS, it just makes it not fucking retarded
First of, don't you fucking ever dare to even slightly call Atilla a gsg or I will just crown you the King of retards right here right now. And wow diplomacy works the exact fucking same but with a few new modifiers
Double wrong fucker, there is zero collision in the warscape engine. It's all coded to make it seem like there is because the engine was designed for musket combat
It runs like dog shit most of the time due to being a poorly optimized piece of bloated shit
'Eh I'll chalk this one up to personal taste I didn't feel it
Oh wow they were able to make it slightly better in a few very small parts with a a budget which was most likely 10 times as large and 10 years worth of tech, 8/8 gr8 m8
If they're going to re-use all of the same assets then have the audacity to charge me the same price then they're cunts, no ifs ands or buts
And I would say pirate Shogun 2 for its shitty DLC practice and don't ever try to excuse a company charging for something which could have been just disabled for the Kraut version, like every other fucking game given to them, and not making me pay for it
Kingdoms was in no way pricey for being 4 campaigns in 1 package which I got for £20 new. The culture packs however were content held to ransom for a total cost of £30 if I want to play the game fully
Atilla came out in a better condition that Rome 2 was in at the time, now tell me how that wasn't CA going "Fuck you got mine"
How was it a problem?

So it's not RPS then considering RPS means hard counter without nuance, also, you can't charge archer into infantry's flank and expect a win.
Except it fucking works unlike Medieval 2, you can have long lasting peace.
But there is collision in Attila, even the goddamn animation matters (see javelin precursor vs axe precursor), you can literally see it when you slam cavalry into infantry.
Not anymreo.
Attila on its own is much bigger than BI though, all the expacs make it into a full length TW titles now.
They re-use some voice works, man, all the other contents are new.
Isn't that just bad for the kraut though?
Kingdoms is much shorter than say, Age of Charlesmagne though.
True it's a shit deal, but nowadays CA has opened to FLC where they just update the faction with no cost.
And CA actually pays for it since Attila sold less than Rome 2 despite being a more solid game.
Stack of doom, m8, you can still do this in Attila but there is only a limit amount of armies you can muster.

It is a hard counter when you don't use tactics fam and no shit does the poorly equipped non-melee troops dissolve when put into melee
Again, Med 2's diplomacy was due to a bug because of one line of script, fix the script and enjoy Attila level diplomacy for the low low price of being a good game :^)
Coding to make it look like it's happening, the engine can't handle proper collision
Oh wow after 2 years they finally made it run slightly better, give them a medal
So you're saying for me make attila into a full TW title I have to spend almost £100? Wow what a bargain
Hahahaha, you're telling me that a company which wants to make as much money as possible didn't reuse assets? For that I crown you King of the Retards
No you retard, they're never allowed blood in their games. They can't buy that DLC, so it's bad for EVERYONE else 'cept CA of course ;^)
Think about that one again
Stacks of doom I can deal with, having to only have a couple of armies out on campaign because I need the rest of my generals to guard the homefront? That shit pisses me off

So it's not hard counter then considering equipment matters, morale matter, who charges first matter.
Well, diplomacy is huge in TW game (unless you want to auto-resolve battles again and again), so Attila having workable diplomacy is a boon.
But it can though, you can see it in the vid in this thread.
It's a shame they haven't made a full compilation of Attila, but maybe there's still an expansion for it.
Most of the contents in Attila are new though, with SOME reused assets.
This is bad I must say, but at least it's cheap, and if there is a complete edition, blood is in it.
Kingdoms is 4 small campaigns, Age of Charlesmagne is a new grand campaign that stretches over Europe with 100% new units and events.
You can muster more armies if you conquer more territories and get bigger, it's logical.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

1v1 it's a hard counter, using actual tactics mitigates it
It was a tiny part to make sure you weren't about to be gangbanged, nothing else as TW is all about the battles that's why it's not a gsg
I again say coding to make it SEEM like it's happening. Code can't make up for engine limitations and when you provide me with collision in older games don't then take it away from me
Holding content behind pay walls while still charging full price for an expack is never good
Again, you're King of the Retards
It doesn't matter if it's cheap it's a shit move
That's 4 new campaigns with all new factions all with new troops so I'm going to just say 400% more content for the same price as two campaigns
No what is logical is that you don't need a guy with magical abilities who is the only one who can take people outside a town

Depression and I've got nothing better to do at work so might as well get paid while anti-shilling

It's not just tactics, equipment, morale and formation also come into play, so it's not a RPS system.
Uh, diplomacy also gives you money, and money is how you buy troops, so I think it's 1/3 of the game. It doesn't even need to be a GSG in order to have a diplomacy.
But it does have collision, unit get knockbacked when they get charged and cannot fight, if you spread your unit, you kill more by having having more area.
For your record, Age of Charlesmagne costs less than a full expac despite having full expac-tier content.
But what I say it's true.
Only the America has totally new factions with new troops, Teutonic, Britannia and Crusades didn't have fully new factions nor new troops, while Age of Charlesmagne is actually fully new with everything rebalanced.
Historically, generals lead campaigns, armies just don't randomly march off the gate with a captain.

Please explain to me the point of shilling for a 2-year old game?

Why?

Can't you atleast play vidya or something?

Don't play dumb with me, you know exactly why.

I actually don't know, man.

Explain to me. Buying Attila at this point changes nothing.

Take any unit of the same level and put them up against each other 1v1, spears beat cav beats inf beats spears, it's been their design policy since Shogun 2
Getting pocket change from it doesn't make it 1/3 m80, it's there to make sure you don't get gangbanged
I'm talking about the culture packs fam, and the Goldman dlc is the only one worthy of its price tag
So they build up an almost entirely new game within 2 years? Without using massive amounts of old assets? A company which is known to nickle and dime its customers? Nope must have done it ;^)
New factions: 6 in America, 4 in Britain, 2 in Crusades, 2/3 Teutonic. All of them have unique units. All for the low price of £20 new.
Generals lead campaigns, captains were sent out to deal with homefront defense. I can only use my generals to do both.

Nah, can't run .exe's due to not being allowed admin priv. But it's nice that they don't check my web history and I bring along a memory stick to shitpost and read books

Emulate gayms on phone nigger.

Too poor to afford a smartphone nigger, the rent in my area is so fucking high that my paychecks barely even cover it.

Uh, 1vs1 wise, it's true since Rome 1.
The Roman empire sues for peace and give me 10000-20000, m8, it's not pocket change.
The culture packs are indeed pricy, I cannot defend them.
They modify them, famalam, but you wouldn't be seeing Rome 2 units in Attila.
While Age of Charlesmagne has 6 new factions with completely new army and costs less than $20 (or so I remember).
Technically you have town garrisons for that though, and town garrison can indeed support your generals. I just don't see how historically a captain can be mustered and move outside of his camp for military campaign without a general's order.

How about instead of arguing, you play some Attila?

rolling

That's just wrong though, you can destroy everything with hoplites.
So you're saying that because you can game someone for easy dollar dollar that makes it's 1/3 of the game meaning it's just as important as the battles?
You say modify I say reuse, just because you throw a different colour of paint on your house doesn't mean you made a new house
Last time I checked 15 > 6 and for £20 I could play in America, Christianise the baltic, crusade in the levant, and beat up smelly irish in Med 2 or play with 6 new factions in the same area as before and get to play as Belly the badass with a Roman Empire which shits itself meaning I have to play clean up for them like their baby sitter
Wow, never knew that switching up town garrisons, ambushing armies in my territory, dealing with bandits, and being scouts are now all considered military campaigns

And learn to read nigger, I can't as I'm at work so I get to argue with you while reading

Nothing gets my dick harder than charging shock infantry in main enemy line.

Berserker in Rome 1
Dane axe/zweihander/varangian guard in Medieval 2
Grenadier/Elite line in Empire/Napoleon
No-dachi samurai in Shogun 2
Dane axe/falxmen in Attila
Hammerer/slayer/greatsword in WaWa1

Wrong, throw berserker at them.
It's to help to avoid battles altogether and give you money in order to buy more units, and money is half of the games so I say yes.
If you modify your house and throw in a new coat of paint, it becomes a new house.
But Age of Charlesmagne has all new units, all new events, it's almost like Fall of the Samurai in scope.
These are all military campaign movement, especially ambushing enemy armies and scouting.

Wew, how much is your rent anyways?

Why would I? Though if you pay me $9.99, I will.

I've allways found those easier to play but it's probably just my preferences that is i dislike using cavalry and only use very few elite troops of it, usually the few groups of bodyguards you get with your king/prince/lords etc for the sake of "leveling" them up.

I forgot about those cunts
Money isn't half of the game fam, building up your economy to handle massive armies and to create the best forces is
If I redone the tiling in my bathroom that doesn't make it a new house, it makes it new tiling you dipshit
Less FOTS and more ROTS fam, fall changed the entire way that the game is played changed, moving away from melee to ranged
Switching up town garrisons is not a military campaign. The defense of home territory isn't a military campaign. Scouting is now impossible because you need a general for any army

Rent is about £14,000 a year for a 1 bedroom flat in a place where I can get to work and use public transport and I can't get a car as insurance alone costs about £1,000 a month. Life is suffering here

Jesus fuck, you need to find another place quick.

Is it mandatory to insure your car there? Since you know, you could just not insure it and pray every second no bullshit will happen to you.

I know man, I'm trying to build up savings to try and move but it takes a shit load of time. And yeah you need insurance otherwise you get arrested and your car impounded and not only is £1000 the smallest amount I can pay that is only third party so even if I do have my car get fucked up the insurance company won't pay shit to me.

Holy shit, you're really having it bad. Currently where I am right now, you just have to pay for that compulsory third party insurance every time you're renewing your vehicle registration, and as far as I know, it's not as much as that. I'm so sorry user.

Yes, it improved and mostly fixed everything wrong with rome 2, especialy the atrocious UI that made the campaign map a torture session, in attila it is actualy fun to manage your provinces. The tone is much darker than in rome 2, wich helps a lot, i prsonaly hated how they tried to make everything sparkly in rome 2, it was like it was the first time the devs found out about occlusion and bloom effects and decided to shove it into EVERYTHING, it was hard to play the game for more than a few dozen minutes without your eyeballs bleeding and you suffering an aneurism. Attila has a more contained campaign and there is a sense of "rushing against time" to do things properly because by turn 30 you are hit in the face with a shitton of calamities that make the game interesting and hard, famines, plague, hordes of huns, diplomacy breaking down as the world literaly grows poorer and more desperate. Planning is actualy require unlike in rome 2 or previous TW titles were after you got a good army you could basicaly steamroll everything forever.

The only thing the english deserve is a nuclear holocaust

I'd also have to have a car that was atleast worth £5000 for an insurance company to even think about insuring me as well. But atleast I have a decently comfy security night job which means I can do shit like this and learn political theory while getting paid. Plus I can have an entire weekend out in London getting shitty drunk with friends for about £30 including travel. Also have just enough cash that I can go to France, Belgium, Holland, or Germany every few months for about £300 which is great.

Sounds like a nice comfy job, atleast you got that going for you.

Dwarves in Total Warhammer were probably the most OP race in the game. One gyrobomber is all you need to win pretty much any battle. Seriously, you'd have to try pretty hard to lose with a gyrobomber. They also have stupidly high morale and are tanky as shit.

Were they buffed, they were really ineffective in my game.