EA: crashing the microtransaction market with no survivors

twitter.com/Fossilmaiden/status/936659132077301760
archive.is/VeTbJ

Other urls found in this thread:

qwant.com/?q=EA gambling&t=news
cnbc.com/2017/11/28/eas-day-of-reckoning-is-here-after-star-wars-game-uproar.html
astutegaming.com/single-post/EASPORTSUFC3BETA
archive.is/NylYn
please
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now, some questions are in mind
I want to see it happen.

Some more sources or stuff?
I mean why the fuck they are already stopping it when it still haven't been baned?

At the same time god bless EA. If you weren't so greedy to make game in the biggest franchise shit and p2w, no goverment would have heard about it.

Bout time this cancer is leaving gaming. EA actually did something right for once.

qwant.com/?q=EA gambling&t=news

Because the EU has started probing and they don't want to still be around when the searchlights hit their market.

Fucker is trying ti hide its tracks.

This just keeps getting better and better.

All I wanted to do was to play games in peace.

wew

Who knew EA was the good guy all along? Also, I wonder how everyone else will try to fuck them over as revenge for Jewing so hard they derailed the money train.

You really cant make this shit up

This is the fucking reason why I believe in god, the natural selection, healing the divine art.

Was EA the good guy all along?

No. They killed too many innocents for that to be the case

(checked)
Make Video-Games Great Again.

So did Hitler though, and he was the good guy.

Burger pls.

Yeah because the only civvies to die were jews.

EA's gonna be responsible for WWIII, calling it now.

I wonder what they'll do to Mass Effect 3's multiplayer when lootboxes get b&. It actually effects the single player campaign so I wonder if they might just program it out like they did with those retarded unlock codes those games had when they were brand new.

Just because scamming like this isn't illegal doesn't mean that people like it.
cnbc.com/2017/11/28/eas-day-of-reckoning-is-here-after-star-wars-game-uproar.html

the likelihood of any actual change other than wording or amount they pay congress is almost nothing. if you start seeing them pull back or (more likely) double down on upcoming releases, then it may be happening. i'm pretty doubtful tho

Chinks couldn't win a war if their lives depended on it, they never have and never will.

And I pray for meme magic to make it happen.

You reminded me of when Grimorie came out and a post was screencapped saying "this must be how the band of the hawk felt before the eclipse". I'm getting the same feeling right now how microtransactions could be removed from videogames in a major way but then we get put in an even more fucked state.

Please be true. Based evil EU doing something useful for once. You aren't allowed to gamble anymore. All your money will be used to bring and house migrants haha.

Checked.

He allowed them to reclaim the holy land you retards Hitler was a fucking failure.

Given how fucked up the EU is, if they decide to ban it and you're still in business they'll probably demand you pay a $100 million fine for every item sold due to the intense mental distraught and environmental hazard caused by loot boxes.

Meanwhile in gookland.

Chinks actually passed a law around early summer that lootboxes have to show programmed droprates, AND they have to list the actual real drop rate that has occured (on their website or wherever).

If we're lucky this will kill those shitty MMOs too, or at least keep them contained in Worst Korea.

Literally who and literally what? I've never heard of this game. What are Magic Stones? Who is "GungHo"? What does this have to do with EA? Why are they mad at EA?

Was getting caught part of their plan?

I understand it somehow has to do with Battlefront 2's fiasco, but how? I don't give enough of a shit about some literally who game to look it up.

Are you retarded? It's very easy to deduce what magic stones are from the context of the OP. EA backlash has spurred anti-lootbox legislation. GungHo has to stop selling Magic Stones. Put 2 and 2 together you dunce.

??

Do you realize how the EU works right? the belgium minsiter didnt call for a ban on loot boxes only on belgium, he called for a ban on all Europe.

not him, but it's the responsibility of the news sharer to explain why anyone should care, how the news is relevant, and the context. Simple journalism commandments here

Key phrase *called for*. And yet everyone is happily selling microtransactions. Except this random mobile game that has literally zero connection to any of this.

Actually if you read the thread, it's says they are still selling them until January 15, So what other idiotic statement are you going sput mr "1 small country classifies it as gambling and says they WANT to ban it" Also the minister already got loot boxes banned on his country. Anyway you are missing the point, Lobbying is already going on and it's just a matter of time until the EU as a whole ban lootboxes, You will se many small mobile gaming companies that had still providing servers and selling services on really old games to announce they are closing shop, This games only were able to survive on the few whales that still played the game but after they cant no longer take their money they are taking a step back on the EU market.

¿¿

I'm having a good laugh even if reclassifying lootboxes as gambling isn't a very good solution

I'm curios what you think would be a better solution?

The final solution to the lootbox problem, like every other problem in the games industry, is the removal of whales.
Whales are the ones who subsidize all the bad practices that have come to define the modern industry that anons want to fucking die.

Puzzle and Dragons is the first mobile game to reach US$1 billion in revenue.

How does a game nobody has heard of make so much money?

We're not exactly the phone game audience. I only found out after looking it up.

Yeah but in the past they still had big names. Everybody here knows of candy crush, clash of clans, flappy bird etc.

Pretty sure it used to have generals here, like that Granblue mobileshit does now.

I like the waifus and hentai of Puzzle & Dragons.

Hopefully EA will keep doing it and eventually crash the industry. Even though the liberal SJW faggots will blame "racist entitled goobergater drumpf supporters" for it. Looking at you Kuchera.

Oh and look, they are using a lot of microtransactions for EA UFC 3.

astutegaming.com/single-post/EASPORTSUFC3BETA

wtf I love bugpeople now

Companies responded by making China-only lootboxes so no one outside of China would be able to know the droprates of the lootboxes they were opening by checking the Chinese ones.

Europe is only considering opposing microtransactions because gambling is haram.

THANKS EA

The EU is way too much of a butt-slut for corporate interests to do anything remotely like that.

Checked Gif

I like how that "totally not a model" girl still has a shitton of make up on and her eyebrows and hair all clean and tidy.

The won when Japanese Imperial Army retreated due to being constantly firebombed and nuked by US.
Then they lost to communist chinks immediately afterwards
But so did Korea after Evil Japan was forced out.
Thank you greatest goylem.

(checked)
a wasted effort

Good thing the same people who came up with pic related now want to intervene more in people's lives.

She's not wearing makeup. She's just like 12 in this pictures, so she still looks very pristine compared to old bitches.

Are you particularly obtuse? EU particular politics and political positions doesnt change the fact how the EU lobbying works or the fact that in this particular case it will help fuck a particular business model that was widely used on mobile gaming based around loot-boxes as a way to cash on gambling addicts, same modele EA and others suits on the gaming industry were really looking forward to implement across the western market, Government intervention is not inherently bad when it's regulating corporate actions and protecting their consumers from being exploited by multinational interests, A broken clock is right twice a day and the EU for all the rightful shit it's get,in this particular case it's helping stop the global market from implementing this model across all services. The fact that you are mad about jews jewing other jews and the gaming market beneffiting over it seems weird

You truly are blind.

We were talking about innocents, why do you bring up the jews ?

Isnt it funny about how scummy this shit smells, when they pull shit like this ?
No wonder this shit has to be eliminated, shitty excuse to leech shekels.

It will backfire on the normalfag cattle at worst, do nothing at best.
Supply isn't the problem, whales with too much money and no brain are.
Look into findom, should we ban that too? Rich imbeciles pay fuckload of money so a landwhale insults them.
EU can't do fucking anything right.

2018 YEAR OF THE VIDEO GAME

This is so good.

While it's probably all true, this is a beautiful case of someone sneezing in Canada immediately leading to Madagascar closing everything.

I mean I guess he was in a few video games but that's kinda pushing it.

Burgers don't have a clue as to how the EU works. They either think it's a republic like the US, or that france is the capital of europe.

Did you also get here from r/The_Donald, friend? Welcome to the chans ; ) *tips hat*

Excellent rebuttal; topical and concise.

(((Neil Kikemann))) thinks the same

I ran makeapp over it.

Only the wealthy are allowed the privileged to gamble in the EU and they may only gamble with the livelihoods of the lesser people, i.e. anyone who is not French or German.

No, partisans and Bolsheviks were given the bullet, and for good reason.

He failed, yes. But he always fought and wanted to make Germany great again. Perhaps his mistake was to not exterminate all jews, he was too kind a leader for that unfortunately. Next time comes around, there will be no mercy.

Great joke, m8

Germanys current fourth Reich is based on finance. There won't be a next time because Germany has become the Jews

I want to see this shit happen with Star Trek Online but the community is too cucked on PWE's schemes and would rather play the game as a second job than play a fun game.

The entire thing smells like bullshit anyway.

The industry isn't any better
Until every single type of micro-transaction dies out, until pre-orders get banned, until DLC becomes actual bonus add-on with dozens of hours of extra gameplay for the price of

Global report.

The industry is perfect after this, what are you talking about?

Fuck off, idiot. You were proved wrong by the post to which you replied.

Wow in the background I see someone cosplaying as a loli. And she's very good at it.

Worst Koreans at it again, huh? Look at the Norks, you can't have bad business practices if you have no businesses.

You must have missed the part where the EU declared Apple owed them $15 Billion because Ireland cut them a tax deal the EU didn't like. The EU is like a proto-China in how it tries to milk foreign companies that don't want to lose access.

Did someone say ching chong ping pong ding dong?

The acquisition of Respawn is complete. You boys ready for more RAPE?

Why is everybody up in arms over that?
Ireland is known to have very low taxes, that's why so many fucking companies are set up there.

They're essentially getting pissy that a company is doing what is standard practice to make profit that is considered acceptable. If a company didn't take advantage of such countries and went under the same people would be shouting from the hills about
>You didn't do it as good as using tax loopholes
A country should be out to do the best for its own citizens. By providing an enticing location for businesses to set up shop they get more money for Ireland.
A business should be trying to make the most profit. By going to a country with low taxes they get more profits.

The only people upset about this are the EU (the organization itself) Because they can't funnel more money into rapefugees and the US (the people) Because they're being flooded with H1B Indians while these companies are paying little to no taxes on billions in profit

Imagine being so Jewish you get governments on your ass
It's like 1933 all over again

And you must have missed the multiple parts where issues widely considered harmful for public health were left alone because can't go against the lobbying. The apple issue wasn't even "Ireland cut them a deal the EU didn't like". They barely fucking taxed them at all, Apple was essentially profiteering off the country for free, and even the EU said this was a bit too ridiculous.

Stop being a nanny state, k? Rapefugees are widely against public health yet you guys lobby for them.

That's their right as a country to do.

Are you niggers fucking retarded

Have you missed the parts where the EU is ran like the goddamned mafia and Poland is constantly threatened with hefty fines and trade sanctions for not accepting rapefugees?

?

EU, unlike similar now defunct Soviet Union is not a country yet.
He meant that Ireland can have low taxes.

To clarify: I meant it was Ireland's right to offer whatever tax incentives they desired. Tell the EU to fuck off.

Of course the nips made R34 of her…

By this measure, it was perfect in the days of the Sega Genesis.

The Internet was a mistake

The EU leaves gambling legislation up to each particular country.

You would be surprised how much disparity exist between EU countries. On things like prostitution, gambling, drugs. Etc.
Even the business situation is very different between countries. The business environment in England is much more similar to the US than it is to France, even though England and France are both (currently) in the EU.

This is the big problem the EU faces. Everyone is in the same customs union but the laws, the culture and the business climate is very different in each country. 30 years have passed and everyone is still pulling in different directions. Unsurprisingly the French dont want to become more like the Germans and the Germans dont want to become more like France.

how do we remove whales though? do we have a way to genetically test pregnant women to see if they are going to give birth to the "whale" personality type and kill them in the womb?

Actually downloaded that. Loli with vaginal prolapse.

we must make gambling completely unrestricted so that we can have more las vegas shootings and gun control laws

Nice reddit spacing, you seem to be fairly uninformed about the topic though, The EU operates under a DSM policy (Digital Single Market you dumb redditor) The EU commision is capable of implementing regulations on the digital market as they please, and the EU comission holds the monopoly on legislative initiative and the neccesary executive powers to do it, While you are partialy right and every nation in the EU can legislate gambling as they please this doesnt mean that EU itself has no power to regulate and ban lootboxes from their DSM, (What the belgium minister is lobbying for)

you are autistic

Probably nothing, they're too shit for that.

Puzzle and Dragon was fucking huge a while ago man, they got a Mario edition. That hasn't happened since the DDR craze.

The final solution should be for the industry to self-regulate. Companies lose so much PR clout and money from terrible business practices that only make money from addicts and the mentally unstable that they are forced to actually make quality products and support real, paying customers.

Of course, that isn't happening. EA is going to commit PR suicide if they continue down this road. No amount of money or investment will save them from the very public backlash that will eventually occur if they don't change anything.

Unfortunately for them, they have no intention of changing. Their analysts, investors, shareholders, and executives are so sorely disconnected from their consumer base that they legitimately think what they're doing is good. They don't give two shits about us or our opinion, so they will continue until the CEO is fired, and they will likely continue to fail miserably as their stock price plummets until their investors jump ship and the company dies.

You can just use cheat engine to give yourself credits, the retards at bioware made it a locally saved value, just like how you could change an INI line to get the promeathean dlc for free

this scuffle really kicked up the autism

You must be 18 years or older to post on this site.

how do you come up with these delusions?

i am sick of gungho and their death metal Decal gambling.

why does EA get anally raped but GungHo get a free pass for this bullshit?

GungHo is a Japanese company so normies don't give a shit about them. This also means that they probably only have to conform with EU laws for the EU version of the game The normies literally only gave a shit because it was affecting them personally because they won't
They get around this by offering a guaranteed item of a certain rarity so they can claim you're not gambling/losing out.
I have also heard Japan has more lax laws about gacha type things as long as the actual rates are disclosed and verifiable and they don't consider them gambling so much. This is why so many mobileshit games with random character premium currency come from there.

They aren't suddenly going to do a 180 and stop offering better characters for premium currency. What's more likely to happen is the JP devs will neuter the shit out of the WW releases to conform with any laws.

is your game a free to play game or a full priced game of an established game series of a well liked franchise that also had everything thats supposed to warrant it being free attached on to it?
does gung ho have a history of absorbing and destroying things you love?

i doubt this is the same at all

we're not talking about absorbing and destroying smaller companies, we're talking about microtransactions here. You only want them to die because they killed your favorite dev or whatever and that devaluates the overall argument making it seem like you're doing it not because gambling is a dangerous addiction, but because you have a grudge. i don't care about your grudge, i want this gambling bullshit to stop.

but thats the thing, they're not guaranteeing you jackshit. you STILL gamble with premium currency.

the only difference is that if you gamble using premium currency instead of in-game currency, you have a higher chance at getting what you want, but its still not guaranteed. its still fucking gambling.

oh but i didnt even get to the best part yet, gambling with in-game currency has literally zero chance of giving you decals above 3 stars, if you want the real good 4 star shit, you need to gamble with real money. there's no way around it. It wasn't like this before, at the beginning, you could only "roll" for decals with 50k in-game currency, you could trade premium currency for in-game currency at a rate of 1 5,000, which means 1 gamble cost 10 premium currency units. but then they implemented this premium gambling bullshit, where you have the "pleb gambling" for 50,000 coins, or the "premium gambling" for 10 units of paid mcguffins (which is the equivalent in premium currency to the pleb gambling). they LITERALLY added this crap to the game to force free players to become compulsive buyers, when before that update, they had a chance to still obtain the good skill decals by simply playing the game.

gungho should get fucking denied this RNG gambling bullshit just like EA. they are equally bad.

you didnt answer my question at all, is it a free to play game?

free.

come on, you could have googled it in under 30 seconds.

The only thing they guarantee is a thing with a minimum rarity. It's considered "random" rather than "gambling" You will get an item with SR rarity Or whatever the equivalent is. Gambling implies a chance of loss, by guaranteeing only minimum rarity of something and that you always get one it apparently is no longer considered gambling.
This is common practice. What is also common practice is giving a trickling amount of premium currency to bait people with poor impulse control into pulling early/spending real money. Still not gambling, you aren't promised anything other than an item and, in some cases, minimum rarity.
It's like companies want people to spend real money. You can't "force" compulsive buying. Unless you're a retard that saves payment details in a game that allows you to one click buy you have to consciously put in payment details, confirm, etc. If you know you have a problem like that and still set your shit up to allow it that is entirely your fucking problem.
So stop playing the game. You obviously aren't enjoying it anymore.
They really aren't. You aren't paying 60$ for a GungHo title plus possible DLC plus lootboxes. You are paying solely because you want to and are most likely a retard with more money than sense and are the only reason games like this even flourish.

if you get repeated shit, its a loss. and you paid real cash for it, so its gambling, don't give me that shit about "b-b-but its just random!". yeah, so is a roulette.

But was the repeated item of the minimum rarity for the roll you chose? Then you got what you were sold.

sorry man, you never even mentioned the name of the game. it looks like they got a couple dozen.
anyways, that being free is a big reason why that company is not getting as much flak. people are generally a lot more forgiving of scummy business when they "dont actually have to pay even if theyre strongly encouraged to".
the grudge is turbo relevent relevant because that factors in to why there so much more hate for ea. theyve made quite a snowball for themselves, theyve simply earned a lot more hate over the years and even people who dont usually care about them dont want to see them getting away with whoring out something well liked such as starwars in such a manner. a lot of people really really like starwars and were super looking forward to the return of battle front. all this combined and there are simply a lot more people that give a shit about their misdeeds this time than the countless smaller controversies weve suffered.

fycj you

i dont even know what point you're trying to make right now. Let it die has real cash gambling on it and thats the end of the matter. go play it if you don't believe me.

gungho doesn't deserve a free pass just because they're japanese.

1v1 me

So, what are you guys talking about now?

justice, and the lack of justice

You seemed pretty clear on what point I making up until now. Unless you're now trying to claim you were arguing against something you didn't understand I wonder what changed? Was it because your retarded gambling analogy doesn't make sense?
You keep using the word gambling when it isn't gambling. You can't end a matter when you aren't even using proper terminology.
I don't need to play it to know what sort of monetization model it uses. I don't play games like that because I know how they work.
GungHo isn't getting a free pass because they're Japanese. GungHo isn't getting a pass at all. GungHo's business model is not the same as EA's. Do you think that if EA released BF2 as a F2P title with lootboxes people would be as up in arms about it?

You keep calling lootboxes/gacha and the like gambling when they aren't the same. Gambling has a very clear lose state, when you lose at gambling you get nothing. When you "lose" at a gacha you literally just get the minimum that was promised to you. Your main complaint seems to be more that you're spending real money and not getting what you want. That doesn't mean every system with randomness is gambling. The only thing that means is that you're a mentally retarded faggot with poor impulse control.

Stop, clown.

this is your argument

that's clearly Shia LeBouf in that pic

i dont think he said its justified, hes just telling you why theres such a stark contrast in levels of outrage. hes just answering the question you initially presented.
you wanted to know why the reactions towards them are different, and to know that you would probably want to know how their misdeeds are different.
come on man what is the matter with you?

He's a rule 2 violator mad that his $10 allowance doesn't let him to instantly get the shit he wants in f2p games.

well, 10$ is a pretty shitty allowance

Of courshe!

>Be (((apple)))
>Ha ha, silly goy. Why should I have to pay taxes like everyone else? A big company such as ours making bank on your territory is sure to profit everyone in the land, don't you know about (((trickle-down economics)))? We'll pay you nothing in taxes while everyone else, from wageslaves to mom-and-dad stores, will very much pay them.

archive.is/NylYn
please use archive.is/us-lawmaker-who-called-out-star-wars-battlefront-2-lays-out-plans-for-anti-loot-box-law/?utm_content=buffer46f9e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

This is just an excuse to introduce more legislation to video games. There is an easier way to deal with this retarded shit.

it's too late, they got the "muh children" angle.I hope you're ready for animu games to be outlawed because the impressionable youth will become serial rapist murderers if they catch a peek of some drawn thighs.

look at the world around you user, the slippery slope has been sliding for decades.

It's 6 billion now, which is still artificially inflated by lots of investors shorting EA stock. We could be looking at an 11 figure drop meaning tens of billions before the first anti-lootbox law is passed and kek knows how much more once the legislative avalanche really gets rolling.
FIRE STATUS: STARTED

Slippery slope is a jewish term to ridicule people who can see their end goal

There's guaranteed ways to get your bill to pass

Who is Fossilmaiden and why should I care what they post?

What have we become?
We hate the industry so much we cherish seeing companies fail more than playing games…