Persona 5 has officially sold 2 million copies, Atlus says Japanese games are growing

archive.is/ca02Q

Seems like Atlus knows that Japanese games had a good year. Its most likely that they know western games are dying.
Also
GET SMOKED CONNOR

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2017/11/30/persona-5-worldwide-sales-top-2-million-units/
archive.is/qwAoH
archive.is/7wLOC
archive.is/f1jat
archive.is/nN9oJ
archive.is/z650f
famitsu.com/news/201302/02028096.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nichegamer.com/2017/11/30/persona-5-worldwide-sales-top-2-million-units/
Why not just include a direct link to a site that isn't shit?

Stay analblasted Connor.

That shit doesn't have Atlus's statement on their sales.
I greentexted their comment on this and the statement shows that Japanese games is growing thanks to western games falling into Social Justice and get rich quick schemes

All Commies get the bullet.

Reminder not to give (You)s out freely. Make sure they earn it.

Forgive them, user, for they know not what they are doing.

LGBBQWTFROFL2+ shoah imminent.
6 gorillion homos back in the closet because Fatlus had the audacity of not treating being a raging faggot as the greatest problem a person can have in life.

The localization is fine and goons and journos should be gassed like the subverting kikes they are.
I still think the game is trash and along with everything Atlus has developed after DDS2.

>sjw (((localizers))) also being BTFO

Year of the fire cock fucking delivered.

What a time to be alive.

Way to out yourself as the newfag

shit taste confirmed

When was persona 5 considered "Niche"?

Why play that garbage when I can play Wizardry and M&M at anytime?

Before Persona 3

B-BUT MUH SEXISM! MUH BAD TRANSLATION! MUH LACK OF CENSORSHIP! MUH POLITICS! S-STOP BUYING GAMES THAT WE DONT GET A CHANCE TO CENSOR AND DESTROY YOU FILTHY FUCKS!

I wonder how Connor feels that his failed attempts didn't put any dents on Persona 5's sales?

Shit my bad, read that wrong
By mainstream media standarts its niche
It only got mass appeal with this one because the industry is that shit.

Because Cuphead was massively shilled by Microsoft and its on PC.

Fell for what?

Most of the "coverage", to use the term very loosely, was the usual suspects winging at how "problematic" the game was because you can't fag it up, the fags that do appear are a couple of predatory pederasts, cake haters, that regressing homo etc. For the most part it was a temper tantrum that they didn't get to pozz the localization with maymays and anti-Drumpf quips.

If anything, it probably Streisand'ed it like Schreier and his "huge gazongas is a pedophile fantasy" tirade on Dragon's Crown.

literally just one year and the entire western industry is coming apart, get fucked jews

Next you'll tell ne BOTW isn't mediocre as well

How soon will I be able to play it on my PC? I'm not getting a cuckstation to play it.

Jesus, western games has fallen but it was needed for their stupidity.

You already can with RPCS3

Crossing the line there kid. Just accept Nocturne/DDS/SJ are better, and we'll allow your persona faggotry. Otherwise, you should know your place.

It kills me inside

Some are a little different, sure, like Devil Survivor for instance. None of the ones you mentioned are though. It's all the same "hit weaknesses for normals enemies, buff/debuff/heal for bosses."

waitu dicku

So this must be how a reductionist-relativist views things
Truly the most cancerous of anons

Nigger those are completely different game types in completely different settings made by completely different cultures

archive.is/qwAoH

Sony is going to hold unto this like its their baby.
Persona is a very powerful franchise and system seller for them; bloodborne is also a powerful exclusive as well

d e s p e r a t e

Sure, and so is Dragon Quest

Sony doesn't own either Sega or Atlus unlike Bloodborne which was the last contract work From did before being bought by Kadokawa and is wholly owned by Sony.

Its undergoing preparations and should ve operational within 6 months.

Tell me about a single mainline Persona game that has made it outside of a Sony system. Sony has jewish contracts with Atlus and you should know this by now

inb4 japan smells money, starts pandering to western media and their games become shit

heard the same thing years ago and still nothing to show for it, the port might not exist unless its out, otherwise it's just hopeful autism

they already learned their lesson last generation

Etrian Odyssey is a Wizardry clone

Otakushits are too reliable to give up, they're gonna stick to waifu pandering and moe trash.

someones got to keep those "not a true rpg" autists at bay, and leave it to the japs to do that

Connor on suicide watch.
I wonder what jap developer he'll try and concern troll into hiring him as a (((localizer))).

Guess there might really be a limit to the amount of hebrew devilry the average goy is willing to tolerate.

One Capcom is enough, thank you.
Sega-Atlus-Vanillaware seem to know it's a counter-productive thing to do given the altercations they had with journos plus the feedback they get.

Fatlus fags are funny, especially when they have gay civil wars like this.

The first one
Source or it didn't happen
Atlus has been owned by a shitton of companies now, their executives are simply autistic as all hell, you should know this by now.

Years ago
When?
Game was released in April this year and the article I posted was made in June of this year

He might try to attack Valkyria Chronicles 4 or Shine of Resonance.
But we all know Sega and Atlus will ignore his bluff just like him attacking Persona 5.
Just looking at him failing, his attacks are getting even more desperate.
Connor needs to commit sudoku now.

Fuck, meant to say Shining Resonance.

What?

Is this the start of a golden age of vidya?

Connor and sjws still salty!

literally proves my point
can't find the sauces I have for the Sony contract shit though, I'll post that in the thread later if I find it

Well this guy can only speak in memes and pop culture reference, I can see why he can't understand shit

The victim complex on this one

No, demographics and standarts are too low for that.
Its certainly better than it was 10 years ago though, I can't see something like the sheer variety and niche commercial success we're seeing nowadays in that sad state of affairs.

We live in a timeline where Nier 2 was made and Donald Trump is president, anything is possible now.

Someone hand him a rifle.

Every time.

You did say a single game.

Persona 5 is actually you being the least cucked.

Netori is just as bad

What else is she doing now besides whoring herself on twitter?

ya can't make this shit up

She is a 2.2 slut.
What would you expect?

You act like playing those games on hard is something to be proud off, you just take more damage/crits do more. Its not different than the shit FPS games do.

???

Except you have to be smarter with buffs/debuffs and team composition. In FPS you need to learn better ammo management and aiming. They're very different even if it's just numbers going up and not actual AI.

Because the only alternative to easy mode is hard mode? How the fuck did you manage to interpret that from my post?

As long as these nips don't decide to poz their games to "appeal to larger audiences" I will continue to support their gaming industry.

I'm still waiting for Disney to pull the Star Wars license away from EA and also the US government to purge on EA's greed.
This these do happen, then EA will finally die.

All those games were designed to pander to Western audiences.

Disgusting, please spoiler that shit.

The audience is the problem now. BBT nerd larping pinheads, non-buyer cunts that insist they're part of the audience (provided the devs meet their terrorist list of demands) and a overall increase in goyim that enable every shitty anti-consumer practice because they gotta have their fix.

Hmm. I wonder what could have incited this sudden flood of interest in Japanese games.

More than likely this. The Japs are honestly the only ones who would be capable of filling in the market if the Western vidya industry tanked. Not only that but I have very little doubt that the thought of taking over the Western market gives them a boner a mile wide. If they can get the wyt piggu to have even a fraction of the consumer-frenzy they have in Japland those fuckers stand to make an absolute shit ton of money

It's almost like it was a good year for japanese games.

N-NANI?

you're a retard.

Well, it's more like this:
Fully Eastern developed games' planning: let's make a videogame, maybe let's put some gachashit but nothing determined players will miss out on
Fully or partly Western developed games' panning: let's make a ludonarrative experience and fill it with mandatory lootboxes and always online drm

I want a threesome with Kawakami and Shadow Sae

And terrible year for everyone else.

It's okay. Monster Hunter World will tank 2018 for the nips.

It's fucking depressing how the west/two continents are consistently under performing compared to one country.

CUCKED

i have my doubts about it

I'm waiting for P5: Complete Edition since Fatlus is milking the game now.

there is a Persona 5 Complete Edition and it's, like, 130 dollars.

Might as well wait for P5 Crimson or something then.

A tiny island country smaller than most others no less

Is SMT worth getting into?

In terms of mainline, if you don't want to deal with how old the originals are, you start with 3 and end there because 4 and Final are absolute shit. A lot of the spinoffs are great like Digital Devil Saga and Raido games. The strategy games are also pretty alright. Strange Journey is considered the true sequel to 3 for some. Just dabble around and see what interests you.

It's not even like the whole country's entertainment industry is doing it too. It's just a handful of development studios. This is also ignoring how popular anime and manga is in the west. And their only competition are fucking indie games, some slavs, and some turks.
I'd be laughing if it was so pathetic.

It seems like Atlus went into development of Persona 5 with a checklist in mind of what things worked well in the previous two games and thought that tossing them all together would create another good game:

A lot of these design decisions were obviously added in solely because they worked before, but too many of them just ended up hampering the presentation of the game instead of improve on it.

Having the game take place in a school setting was pointless in a game that 90% takes place away from the school. Whereas P3 and P4 had a strong school related supporting cast to add life and character into the school and the related events. P5's school and events felt hollow and lacking in character or connection, largely in part due to having only two school related supporting cast members.

Doing an In Medias Res mystery was counter productive (Having the game take place in your memories is problematic as it is). It seems the writers went out of their way to spoil what would happen to your next target. Unlike P4, there was no suspense regarding what would happen next in the story. And when it finally came time for the big reveal, the traitor turned out to be the obvious suspect and the surprise counter gambit had to be bullshitted into existence with "bad memory" and "Gotcha! we were only pretending to be retarded" type explaining. The entire mystery and traitor story fell flat on its face and made the narration less interesting instead of more.

Having a god like big bad come out of nowhere after Shido went against the standard story model (which is standard solely because it works so well). The last act of a story should raise the excitement of the story, bringing it to a climax which, once resolved, should swiftly lead to the story's end (Like the way P3 did). The lead up to Shido was done well enough, but the story immediately flat-lines in excitement after, limping along slowly only to briefly pick up 30 minutes before beginning the fight with the final boss. P4 managed to get away with the big bad not being who you've chased after all game due to the fact that the story was neatly wrapped up by then, and challenging Izanami felt more like an overtime/after story and less a critical part of the story. Shoehorning a god into the end of the story wrecked the cohesion and flow of the story.

The Reaper was a blatant check mark on a list of things to do for nostalgia sake. In P3, the mood was right and there was a reasonable risk of encountering it on a standard playthrough. It was a legitimate threat. In P5, I don't think it's possible to find it unless your actively waiting to see it (also, why tell the player about it? Let them find it out for themselves).

Also, can we please move onto some kind of combat more complicated than "The-boss-is-preparing-to-shit-on-your-team-next-turn-please-guard-so-we-don't-make-you-go-game-over"? Kamoshida, Madarame, Kaneshiro, Sphinx, Okumura, Sae, Shido, Akechi, the final boss… Every goddamn one of them had a telegraphed attack. It's like they can't think of anything more interesting or complicated for their combat. Speaking of combat, P5 was piss easy compared to previous entries. Even on hard, you can skip fighting common trash for final two dungeons and still have little difficulty against the final bosses. What happened to the days when Atlus was considered "that game company that feeds on the tears of its players"?

Despite all this, it did do a fair amount of improvements to the formula (attaching so many unique abilities to SLinks was a stroke of genius), and given that it's been 9 years since P4, did a satisfactory job of scratching that itch. It just could have done so much better.

Well, there are some AA studios in the west doing okay for themselves. But you're right. Imagine the amount of money AAAs have poured in to have their games be such utter garbage. They have probably wasted entire countries' economies worth of money trying to strike gold, its incredible

To be fair, DDS1 outshines DDS2 in everything but mechanics. The environmental design alone makes it infinitely more worth playing.

I recently played DDS2 and it was such a letdown in almost every way. DDS1 is fucking great.

Persona 5 is the best JRPG created in decades. Haters should just go and die. If you hate Persona 5 you're probably also gay.

If persona is the best JRPGs have to offer then I am glad I don't give a shit about JRPGs

I admit it's stylish as fuck.

I honestly feel like Persona 5 should win GOTY at the game awards just to BTFO everything else that came out this year. Nobody would see it coming, seeing as how the game awards very rarely have any anime games nominated for anything.

The game awards are just advertising for US corps. There is no way a japanese game will win.

Have fun with loli being banned for the olympics.

I know, but one can dream.

Because those games don't have lolis nigger.

Japan finally made an answer to Dark Souls.

Connor doesn't know Japanese. He never actually claimed to, for what that's worth. He's an editor. I really hate that faggot for basically making it impossible to discuss the quality of P5's translation without everything turning into a shitting contest though.

Wasn't that just a front for SJWs kvetching over the game itself?

Yes

These are the same fags that gave Dragon Age Inquisition, Her Story, and Street Fighter V awards

Also
That game doesn't deserve credit.
That game was shit.

it was a pretty average year for western games. Mass effect andromeda is just a point and a half worse than mass effect 3, star wars battlefront 2 is as bad as every other western loot box game and has game play as mediocre as the first one. People are just realizing that all western games are pretty much shit.

No wonder it didn't resonate with Burch.

I can't stand Lightning but damn I want to forcefeed chibi version my toblerone.

I'm still angry that they BURCHED Rise

Weebs love their dating garbo.

Nigger that is probably the best side series SMT has put out and I say that as a massive Persona fag.

I am loving every fucking second of this.

I just fucking love it. All these years of build-up, and they blew their load early. Every one of these jews deserves to drown in a caustic soup of blood and lime in an open grave shared by their families.

The main games are good but most start at 3 because the first 2 can be a bit confusing if you aren't used to RPGs from that era and 1 can drag towards the end, and like says 4 and final are not well liked by a lot of the core fans because of changes they made.

I think DDS was supposed to have another game IIRC, but I can't remember where I read that from, it sucks because DDS is probably one of my favorite spin-offs.

I wonder (((who))), indeed

I hope that it sells a fucktonne in japan too, just so that it pisses off nip-user.

For those who actually dont know, Dark Souls and Bloodborne was made in japan
Checkmate, westernfags

I'm dumbfounded that after as bad as BURCHED Rise turned out, BURCH takes over YET ANOTHER Laura Bailey role

This bitch deserves to get gassed.

Why does she keep getting roles?
She doesn't even like video games.

Cronyism, just like everything else in the videogame industry. She didn't get her job based on her lack of talent, she got it because her brother worked at a studio and got her in with the VA clique.

Not even an actual brother at that, he's an adopted Arab

Sounds familiar.

You've got to be retarded. At least admit that you're an incredibly stupid weeb.

A western license has fuck all to share with westernized gaming. You probably think that jap kids don't know classic disney.

JUST

reminder smt multiverse is a clusterfuck

Suck my big, fat cock, Connor.
You will never get to poz Persona 5 or any other game for that matter.

In other news water is wet

This isn't much to celebrate.

It isn't. You weeb faggots are just masturbating over one cartoon game doing ok and ignoring everything else in the world.

Let me guess, you play Overwatch?

No Devil May Cry?
Anyway, trying to make a timelines between games who only share have references and easter eggs is retarded. The only valid ones are the Persona games

well, we can thank nocturne for that since there is a character that is saying something about a universe if it was not more dimensions.

I'm getting tired of these anti weebs. Calm your tits user we're not going to take away your games.

The multiverse part is an established part of the SMT canon. That's why all these things are taking place at relatively the same and half the time it's in Tokyo. That part isn't timeline autism, timeline autism is autists clamoring for any easter eggs and trying to build something useful out of it Zelda style. At least thankfully Atlus hasn't pandered to their autism yet And I hope they never will. since most fags only care about Persona which the modern 3 are not subtly linked at all. It full on references other characters by name or even on posters like Rise.

I don't get it. How can he be attacking a game that attract weebs like Sonic attracts Autism.

There's no commercial imperative for Atlus to port their games to PC or Switch.

Remember that JRPGs on Steam only happened when the Japanese console market sank and the PS3 was struggling. Japanese devs HAD to find new markets.

Atlus is in a position of luxury and the PS4 is doing gangbusters. And it helps that China no longer bans consoles.

Well Switch is getting SMT V anyway.

What joy.

No one said it would be good. Unless /ourboy/ Kaneko really is back But user autistic ramblings about Atlus not expanding their market is objectively wrong, especially given that mainline has been regulated to mobile devices.

Who put this gif out and thought it was okay?

Since Yamai is at the helm I doubt SMT V would be great. EO is the only Atlus franchise I care about at this point.

I was talking about P5, haven't you seen all the port begging?

Just curious. Are you guys ever going to accept that Persona is now mainline?

Besides Sega wanting shekels

Persona isn't Mainline until Mainline gets some kind of asinine subtext like
I also just realized that Persona 5 just dropped the SMT prefix from it's title so it might as well be it's own thing at this point as far as Atlus is concerned.

FUCK

Actually in the remastered version that was Japan exclusive they replaced Dante with Raidou but it's never fully explained how Raidou showed up in Nocturne and it's treated the same as the Dante situation. Kind of funny no one mentions it in chart autism though.

Did P1 or P2 have the SMT prefix?

What the fuck they didn't? So it went
Is this just localizers fucking up like they did with DDS or do the JP version do this too?

ow my sides

It looks like P1 had the SMT prefix in Japan, but not everywhere. They probably called it "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3" for brand recognition since Nocturne and DDS had already released in the west, but with P5 they've reached the point where more people know what Persona is than SMT.

Haven't managed to find P3's nip box art but I would be interested to see it

Oh fuck no, I'm wrong, those aren't the right characters for the title, I really need to learn moon. I just recognized the first two and went with it

Was he joking I wonder.

Yeah the first one is Megami Ibunroku Persona so it was never actually considered SMT

w00t? That's why they did not have smt for 2 but why did they have smt for 3?

Japs are masters at coming up with the most retarded names and subtitles. It is best not to think about the naming reasons too much.

I can't find a Japanese cover of Persona 3 but finding Persona 4 it does not have the SMT prefix. And as far as any information I can find the Japanese title of Persona 3 is just Persona 3. The reason it has the SMT prefix in the US is because the localizers are retarded and made the same fuck up with DDS.

No wait, just managed to find it. There is not a single Persona game that is considered SMT in Japan.

All of the Persona games in Japan apart from the first just go by Persona and the first is only Megami Iburoku which is just something along the lines of Goddess Odyssey. Adding Shin Megami to later titles 3 and 4 was something they did to all of the spinoffs to make them easier to market in the West. You'll note how both versions of Persona 5 no longer staple Shin Megami Tensei in front.

Hard to say. And suddenly she gets cast as the white savior in a WE WUZ game (I doubt it was acted well), and everyone loves her.
Though admittedly, she's pretty good with the adorably retarded type.

wait ain't Ibunroku revelation or something?

Don't you dare.

The Persona series is a joke that got taken too far.

Not even 2/5, i’d rate 1.2/5

All of vidya is an example of mankind putting their endless hubris to the test and creating something horrible, Nolan Bushnell and the entire class of UC Berkeley who create Tennis for Two should be ashamed.

Also, what the fuck is the difference between P2 Eternal Punishment and Innocent Sin? Haven't played them.

It's a duology, they're separate games

You mean like separate disconnected stories and everything, or is it like the pokemon games where they have 5 versions of the same game with little touches.

Two seperate stories taking place at the near exact same time. A very simple description would be that in Eternal Punishment you play as a group of adults who clean up the messes the high schoolers of Innocent Sin leave in their wake.

I'd fuck her several times, and then right before I leave, never to return, I'd whisper in her ear "make america great again," slap her ass and walk out the door

The sex wouldn't be that great.
She's a 2.2 remember user?

Is it true Rapp's husband finally stopped being a pegged cuck and actually left her?

Sega seems to be very hands off with Atlus. Very much anti EA. So long as Atlus keeps making money I don't expect any pressure to port Persona for PC.

Now if P5 had bombed there would have been a port to recoup costs pushed by Sega I'm sure.

Yes
archive.is/7wLOC

She was also going through a nervous breakdown after the divorce.
archive.is/f1jat
archive.is/nN9oJ

undeniably, the western game industry would benefit drastically if it had mental health requirements.

Catching up on her shit, she really did turn into a lolcow.

She has those fucked up jew eyes where she clearly wants power over you. What do the japs call it? Sanpaku eyes?

At least they're not naming sequels in the same franchise the exact same fucking name

But they're reboots innit?

You can make Chad Prey vs Virgin Prey and Chad Doom vs Virgin Doom with those.

Adam Lanza eyes

Persona 5 was shit.
If persona didn't have the anime aesthetic none of you retards would even talk about this game.
NOTICE HOW NOBODY ACTUALLY TALKS ABOUT PERSONA 5S GAME MECHANICS

Sumhuman japs take advantage of the growing influence of the ironic weeb phenomena to take dumb gaijin money with cute anime characters in a shit game. This MUST be a jewish plot of some kind

Also what kind of game mechanic should one talk about in a superior nip game with anime portraits? also we have the negress with a big afro while she is chimping out the fps.

Alright, goon. Them adding negotiations back was a really good move and how they handled integrating it back in was well done if a bit "casualized". You now no longer have to get their card and then go back to the Velvet Room to fuse them, you can use them as soon as you get them. Them also bringing guns back could have been handled a bit better, but in the end it was a nice implementation.

A mechanic that was extremely underutilized in negotiations was the part where an enemy can take your party member hostage so you have to work to take them back. Mainly because it would rarely happen if you were decent at the game and didn't get a disadvantage when starting to fight. The Thieve's Guild online component is also something that could have been more, but feels like an afterthought and feels like they had to have it because Golden had it.

Hello connor

Well every other fighting game released in 2016 was Japanese, so it would've been a Japanese game regardless who won.

They're reboots you fucking retard.

I would have used guns more if the Tower Confidant appeared much earlier, and maybe not having them exclusive to Joker, who already eats up his turns being the swiss army knife of the party with near-constant persona switching. Maybe it's just the way I play, but the guns served very little purpose for me in the endgame palaces.

End-game you get the severe gun skills like riot gun and one-shot kill so unless you are low on health using those skills are typically a better use of Joker's turn if the enemy is weak to gun.

I'd always ended up using guns as a set up for a pass to another character who could do more damage with their type of magic advantage. Which brings me to another mechanic that I enjoyed which was the Pass mechanic. I didn't like how it was locked to leveling up the party member's Social Links, but once I did eventually unlock it, battles ran so much more smoothly. It added a needed layer of tactics, in my opinion.

Enjoyed that as well. Made it feel more like a team working together than folks who happen to be standing next to each other working independently.

Prey and Prey™ aren't related at all to each other, you fart connoisseur.

So Alison became a lolcow and she sells her lewds?
But at-least the cuck got his balls together and realized that being with 2,2 worth of lay is not worth it.

She got fired from Nintendo because she was selling lewds, she just kept selling them after she was fired.

I thought she was fired for some lewds and being an escort girl.

They just couldn't help themselves. Just think of all the shekels they were letting slide through their fingers all these years.

It wasn't particularly for the lewds, it's because nintendo expressively forbids any kind of a side job to their employees, the fact that it turned out that she was a literal prostitute as well probably didn't help.

And also being a pedo apologist

I'm not gonna lie but I felt really smug when the news hit. Also wasn't she the nly one that was reviewed but her cuck husband wasn't?
Since that was the funniest thing, both are hookers but he grew some balls and divorced her when he found out she was a 2,2 out 5 lay.

While now she is obsessing over a 24 year old and says they are going to marry and so on.

The best part is that it's triggering as hell for SJWs. Pic related, it's the typical discussion happening on SJW focums like somethingawful. They're mega-triggered over this game.

Ryuuji never says anything smart or thought-provoking though. Confirmed not having played the game.

Here's another classic.

I'm sure they're actively taking rights away from people who select the No option. Good thing those faggots tanked their own forum.

The one thing that kills me about Persona 5 is that Atlus felt their story was so fucking amazing that the reason they dmca'd everything was because they didn't want things to spoiled past 7/7. And then, after getting shit on, they take most of it back ==EXCEPT== that you were only allowed to stream the game until you've played past 11/19. That's how much confidence they had in Persona 5 story, it's climax and twist was so amazing they dmca'd shit.

Misuse of the law should not be encouraged. The DMCA is shitty enough without people misusing it for the "right" reasons. That said I understand why they did so because I have heard of, and witnessed, people who just flat out don't buy games they see streamed because
and those faggots should be shot.

archive.is/z650f
Also they are still triggered by Persona 5 to this day.
I won't be surprised that they'll still be triggered in 5 or 6 years

BUT MUH WESTERN SENSIBILITIES!
please dont bully western vidya, they are still some good ones out there

What a fucking crime.

shameful

We'll it's not like this stops porn artists from drawing gay porn of P5 characters. Or making gay doujin about the male characters in P5.

These faggots need to be gassed.

yeah, about that, atlus really knows how to milk shit, you aren't getting any decent package for a good time

the dlc is mostly some dresses and shit, and dlc with personas from other personas games and the only good dlc is the swimsuit which is already free.

Jesus shit fuck they don't get it

The jackasses made the entire game a blocked scene. That killed part of my fun as I was hoping to screencap my favorite fused abominations or some particularly amusing lines and casino shadow tiddies.
This makes me think of Yakuza 0/Kiwami and how much I'd be missing out if those games were entirely blocked.

The complete edition sounds awful. I just want Crimson to come out so they can fix this plot and dungeon balance somehow.

Combat mechanics were okay. Meaningful challenges where you can fully use these mechanics were lacking. The most complicated threat in the game is "X is charging for a powerful attack". A few of the end game bosses had some more challenging mechanics (such as Michael), but by that point, the player is far too overleveled for them to matter.

i just wanted to webm headpats at a silky smooth 24 fps

I want P5 Crimson to have a romanceable Sae and an ending where you and Pancake Lad betray the Phantom Thieves as part of an even bigger Keikaiku to take down Shido.

Yes please.
And if possible shoehorn Hifumi as a playable character somehow.

Do you want another Yukiko playable?

She's leagues better then Ann or Haru.
I just want to have my dedicated magic nuker to not be annoying as hell

The issue I have with Haru is that she's introduced into the story so late that she doesn't really feel like a part of the team and more just

You leave Larry 2: Wholesome Boogaloo alone, mister!

She had (kind of) already manifested her Persona at that point, and it was impossible to get much anywhere without her opening doors in the palace. She also does have a goal related to the group. It's at least better then the Yusuke situation where we get
She's not around long enough with her to mesh with the group but she's not the worst when it comes to randomly letting people join.

Good one user.

I feel like they only made Yusuke a party member just so they could make Makoto joining a bigger deal as the second girl in a sausagefest. Which is probably also why Haru joins as a party member
Yusuke and Haru really only joined the team because they were related to the dungeon at that specific moment, after that they sort of just feel like burdens/required for social links. Ann and Makoto getting caught and joining because they're suspicious cunts seems somewhat plausible due to their relationships with the original members.

not really hoping for them but it would be nice to see one or two "all grown up." Would love to see Mitsuru in her MILF form or Naoto for that matter.

She's the only character with access to Heat Riser that isn't MC that makes her immensely useful if you want MC to be your beat stick, and even if you want the two best damage dealers to be the beat sticks Ryuji and Ann. I would think the only other reason they're kept in the group is because it's a serious liability to let people who know about the metaverse and about the Phantom Thieves walking around.

Oh wait if you referring to them as a burden story wise then I would say Haru is definitely a burden.
And Yusuke is in a similar situation where his ability to copy Skill Cards is immensely useful to MC in a game play context and thus makes sense in the context of Persona 5 the game, he makes much less sense if you were to look at the overarching story without gameplay mechanics.

Also
. :^)

P-Please, no more pancakes.

But it would have been entirely possible to have them do that without making them party members with what are probably the weakest introductions possible other than
It feels like they could have cut the roster/combined characters and made something better rather than taking over half of the game to introduce all of your party members because, similar to the tales games Particularly Symphonia because that is the one I had the biggest issue with, by the time your entire roster is introduced you've already found a working setup and they end up being wasted characters/do it for the sidequest type bullshit.

Here, some pancakes just for you! Honey

Yusuke gets relegated to using his autistic artistic talents to making the calling cards. He has a use in the group, whether he would have a motivation to continue going into places that would get him killed is something I couldn't say.

There's a rule 34 for gays I guess.

Look I'm a liberal, fuck whatever you want (except children). But self inserts need to be gassed.

You are in the wrong place.

FUCK

Should see a doctor user, you'll feel like a new man.

sides retrieveal team status: LOST

Anyway, never played anything in this series, but always liked the designs of some of the characters. Good to hear something good happened to you anons who like it.

I might play this thing one day.
Is it still recomended to start with Shin Tensei from the PSone and work my way throught the series?

It's okay to play the SNES version as long as you get the updated patch instead of the Aeon Genesis one. It's okay to start almost anywhere in the series, really. If you like the designs of the characters you are probably thinking of our lord and savior Kaneko, and it would be better to play Nocturne if that's the case.

I'm shocked.

t. 12 year old.

Oh boy.

So edgy user.

P5 has come a long way

You just can't handle strong independent womyn

Question for those of you who know nip. is "prolly" being used as a stand in for casual speech in the jp text? or is it the translator being incapable of spelling "probably"? because i can't recall a single instance in the game where i saw it spelled out correctly.

Fucking NPCs

Frank West and Hsien-Ko made a cute couple in Project X Zone.

MY

Do you think he's secretly hitting that on the offside?

P4G was pretty much what westerners like. Tom boy, tranny, daddy problems and a fag. It isn't surprising to receive all praise from western homos. It had shit dungeons and bad gameplay with ultra boring daily events. Atlus games are western trash masked with anime.

If he is, I hope he's taking pictures.

I don't know, but I've been told. Hsien-Ko's pussy is mighty cold

It had one randomly generated dungeon that changed palette every 10 hours or so.

Post lewds

I assume this is talking about Kanji and Naoto. There are many reasons to criticize P4/G but those particular characters seem to be mischaracterized by everybody because of Western game jorunalists pushing retarded memes about progressivism and how great it was that Nips "finally" saw the light. The western faggots are the only people who saw the characters that way because they insert faggotry into everything and people started assuming because they can't read for themselves. Kanji isn't a faggot, he was literally just insecure because he had "feminine" interests Because, you know, his family ran a textiles company and all that shit Naoto is literally just
which isn't being a tranny, it's being retarded.

WRONG
I played it to cream the cake, faggot

Kanji is unsure about himself because he’s attracted to a reverse trap and he likes to knit.

Moar

The entire point of Naoto's character is to be a pseudo Mulan situation where
Granted she's retarded about it and got a complex from her father but at the end of the day she just enjoy dressing feminine as evident by her Christmas event where she dresses up just for you. She's already made fun of by adults for being a child detective but her being a women on top of that is just too much for Naoto to handle. She wishes she were born a boy in a "People would take me seriously if I was a boy" instead of a "I am a boy trapped in a girl's body'. It's all symbolic for her rejecting her feminine side and trying to escape it which she simply fails at in the end. (This is a good thing)
For Kanji he's literally paranoid that if he enjoys feminine activities he must be gay. Granted, enjoying sowing may be pretty faggoty, but his entire fighting and violence is him trying to prove to himself that he's manly since fags aren't. He's a completely straight that actually plays against the SJW narative because he doesn't want to be normalized as a fag, but everyone keeps doing that him due to constant misunderstandings from his hobbies and slightly retarded way of speaking. Other characters call him a fag and he hates it. He simply isn't one and it grosses him out. This entire complex developed into the bathhouse situation where Kanji has to confront the fact that he is genuinely terrified that just because he likes feminine things that he might like cock. After getting over it he starts opening up to his interest in girl's more. (Though the Naoto situation didn't help.)

You sure about that? Unless they were altering entire scenarios instead of just dialogue, it's pretty clear he has at least bisexual interests.

Also, Naoto's pretty cute in Dancing All Night.

I've always considered him to be pansexual.

He's constantly been told he's faggy to the point he almost believes it, it doesn't help he's super awkward around girls. Which makes him think he hates women and thus is a fag. His nosebleed was from the girls walking in.

It's a localization, English has less subtlety, etc Also this interview
famitsu.com/news/201302/02028096.html
Stolen from Wikipedia
This implies that the Western interpretation was not what was meant for the character. As I said previously, people see what they want to see but there is a generally implied interpretation by the original artist and the implication was not
it was
The
interpretation was created by Western journalists and was picked up and run with by people who wanted to pretend that Japan was suddenly catering to faggots. Namely, Western faggots It then became the popular interpretation with people because that's somehow more scandalous/makes the game more "progressive" and I'm assuming somehow elevates the game to a higher status by people who wanted faggots.

Similar with Naoto and people calling her a tranny. She didn't believe she was a man, she dressed and behaved in a how she thought she would be respected and western faggots wanting faggot stories decided she was a tranny.

Here it is.

Have fun figuring out which game came first fucker.
Oh what you don't rike my artistic names?

SHUT THE FUCK UP THAT DOESN'T EXIST.

Except he had no nosebleed when the girls walked in. He blushed, but it wasn't until the boys got pushed into the water that he got the nosebleed - and he was extremely distracted by them, to the point where the girls had to basically question whether or not he was alright because he acting despondent.

It's more ambiguous in the animation, but it still follows the same basic sequence of events.

In both cases, the girls certainly think the nosebleed was for them, but Kanji has no fucking clue what they're angry for. It suggests he wasn't thinking of them in that way, so he honestly doesn't think he did anything wrong.

It's easy!
It triggered the rest of the story, so it's the first one.
It extends the story, comes second.
It continues the story, so it's the third
Clearly a fan-made spinoff that happens in the middle, aka: parallel to CF Extend.

How close was I?

You almost actually had it, but Continuum Shift actually came before Chronophantasma, the EXTEND actually means jack shit and is just the game but with slightly more content, kind of like Persona 3 FES or Persona 4 Golden.

Have you noticed that Kanji's fucking slow though? Have you even seen how Kanji acts around girls when he's alone, he can barely talk, it nearly killed him when he found out Naoto was a girl because he thought back to all the conversations he had. He was bullied the fuck out by girls back in school which made him hate them as a rule and also awkward around them. Being retarded doesn't help him either.

No, I'm not forgetting any of that, and I'm not arguing necessarily that he's gay. Bisexual tendencies brought about by neurosis and self-doubt are still bisexual tendencies. It's just something he's going to grow out of as he gains self confidence and matures. Which is why Naoto is such a good and designed match for him, not just for the obvious thematic contrasts between strength/weakness and intelligence/borderline retarded. They fit together, because they both refute each other's insecurities.

You're still basing your argument on the localized version that has been stripped of artistic intent and subtlety in favor of being understood by a western audience.

Lol they never broke 1 mil in general till you added P4 and P4G sales

That is literally the problem with Western devs. They dump millions into a game that then has to sell 10M+ to be considered a success and then wonder why there is no innovation. You can't take a risk when it could be the end of your studio if it isn't picked up by CoD/Madden fanbase levels.

If you can spend less and you still ship enough units to make a consistent profit and maintain a fanbase why would you want to set yourself up for failure if you can't ship 10m units?

BIGOT