Holla Forums makes a RPG maker game #5 Protecting Gondola's smile edition

WE HAVE SWITCHED FROM RPG MAKER VX TO RPG MAKER MV

Rules

The basics
The rest is completely up to you.

Everything else is in the first/second/third/fourth anchor post of the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/13844710.html
archive.is/1oP04
gitgud.io/centralshitpostingagency/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure
mega.nz/#!idpH2ZDQ!_MWKd6ViMJlxHzpZEEssRhxwcCqBGxIQIgubUJBmo9I
git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git
git-scm.com/download/gui/linux
tortoisegit.org/
gitgud.io/dankus10/anons-bizarre-vidya-adventure.git
git-scm.com/book/be/v2/Git-Branching-Basic-Branching-and-Merging
gitgud.io/themaskettaman/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure
my.mixtape.moe/owebfp.7z
mega.nz/#!djgUEYCK!baZsYl7ILzZzrSLo5bmfIv4G8OOyc6aTPNr8TZAbwF8
yanfly.moe/
my.mixtape.moe/zluzwo.pdf
yanfly.moe/2017/09/13/yanflys-desktop-optimized-version-update-rpg-maker-mv-1-5-1/
yanfly.moe/2015/11/20/yep-29-party-system/
gitgud.io/themaskettaman/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure.git/':
gitgud.io/themaskettaman/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure/merge_requests
mega.nz/#!lnx3xTJT!c3LomL-oePa91uAblzBAqPmXpNvVqC6oiPgYI5E-dx4
mega.nz/#!7QEgiSZB!dCkVCiiwnhXJLDHXteZIRE12A48XKfLnwrEatLcTAZs
yanfly.moe/2015/10/19/yep-16-battle-a-i-core/
yanfly.moe/2016/12/17/yep-122-extended-doodad-pack-1-rpg-maker-mv/
my.mixtape.moe/skjndn.zip
my.mixtape.moe/dcqabw.zip!!!!!!!!
sendspace.com/filegroup/X/LN12idc5RpI/4zkGqubg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

er, any links?

Previous thread.
8ch.net/v/res/13844710.html
archive.is/1oP04

I've completely lost track of everything when we switched to MV.
Is there some sort of red line to follow from start to finish yet, or is all still a mishmash?
Anyone working on the """story""" or the items/enemies yet?

Fuck my browser, it crashed when I tried to post the rest.

Current version of the game
gitgud.io/centralshitpostingagency/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure

RPG Maker MV magnet

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:af35a707052fab66967a16adcbdf92fff6ce8dde&dn=RPG%20Maker%20MV%201.5.1%20%2b%20Crack%20%2b%20100%25%20%2b%20Working&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce

Side stuff

One user made a side-story to the game, you should check it out it's really fun.

mega.nz/#!idpH2ZDQ!_MWKd6ViMJlxHzpZEEssRhxwcCqBGxIQIgubUJBmo9I

DLC packs for RPG maker VX Ace by the courtesy of one of the anons, they're graphic packs, so if you need a sprite or a tileset, look through these before asking. You might find a way to put this into MV so I'm leaving it in the post

volafile.org/r/HF33Go

ANCHOR ALL NEW VERSIONS TO THIS POST

HOW TO INTO GIT FOR BEGINNERS

Install Git.

git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git

Install a GUI. I recommend Tortoise git because it's FOSS, but you can pick something else. You don't need a GUI, but unless you are comfortable in the command line you will want one.

git-scm.com/download/gui/linux

tortoisegit.org/

At this point I'll mainly be giving you keywords to plug into a search engine along with the name of your software and "git" so you can get specifics. Bold means it's a word that will make the search engine give you back something that's at the very least in the ballpark of what you want. If I don't mention a setting, just leave it at the default.

Figure out how to use your software to clone an existing repository. Pick somewhere on your computer for the directory, and for the URL use the following

Hit "ok", "do it", "confirm" or whatever else your software has that creates the local copy. It will now download from the remote repository and give you a local working copy. Those files are on your computer now. You just created a fork! Congratulations.

Whenever the remote repository, aka "the git", is updated you can pull from it. That just means you download any files added, remove any files removed and change and files that were changed. Basically you update your working copy on your computer.

Figure out how to use your software to preform a pull, set the remote you are pulling from to "origin", and set the remote branch you are pulling from to "master".

Confirm, hit OK, or whatever and your local copy is updated. You may notice that this happens really fast. That's because you are only downloading the changes, not the entire file, as was the case with mega.

If for whatever reason your software doesn't have a pull feature, preform a fetch from "origin", and a local merge. This is functionally the same as a pull'.

Using the https link means you will need to create an access token. So lets get into how to do that.

When logged into gitlab/gitgud click the Icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. That will bring up your profile. There's a list of links on the left side, and there should be an option called Access Tokens. Click that and it will take you to the Personal Access Token page.

Make sure API is checked and read_user is unchecked. The name can be anything. Set an expiration date more than one month in the future. I have mine set to December 31. Click "Create personal access token" and you will be brought to a new page. Copy the token and save it somewhere safe because you will have to create another one if you forget it.

This token acts as your password. When you push to your remote repository we'll get to that it will ask you for a username and password. Put your username in the username field and put the token in the password field.

Coming up next, how to commit changes and additions, push to the remote repository, and preform a pull request.

Committing save a version of your project that you can go back on later. That's why git is called "version control software". This is great because if your current version is broken beyond repair you can revert to an earlier commit where it wasn't broken and resume from that point onward.

Search for how to commit changes using your software. It's good practice to commit frequently. Firstly you should check for modifications to the files, how exactly that is done differed from one piece of software to the next. Use a search engine for your special case. Some options to note.

Message: Put whatever you want in here. It's most commonly used to say what you did since the last commit, but you can just fill it with keyboard mash or shit-posts. It doesn't matter.

Branch: Sometimes you don't want to commit straight to the master branch. Sometimes you want to play around with your local version in a closed off and safer environment. While branches themselves aren't complex, there's a lot that goes into using them effectively. Here's the official documentation on branches. You can use a search engine to figure out how to do these specific things in your GUI.

git-scm.com/book/be/v2/Git-Branching-Basic-Branching-and-Merging

A push pushes your commits to the remote repository. Commits are on only your computer until you push them. A push only pushes commits, and won't save non-committed files or change, so be sure to commit before you push.

Set the local branch to "master" and the remote to "origin". If there's an option for a remote branch, pick "master" as well.

Confirm your choices. You will most likely be prompted for a user-name and password. Put in your gitgud username and the token you created earlier as your password. If you encounter any problems, use a search engine. If that doesn't work, come here and explain what you found and why that didn't work.

A pull request is a message that says "Hey, I finished up here, now put this thing right here into the main branch". For the start, you should have your remote origin master, and the url is the same as before,

The "end" is where you want them to stop pulling from. For example if you send a pull request and want to keep working before the pull request is accepted, you set the end to where you know it's stable and then keep working. To figure out what exactly to put there use your specific software's wiki/howto's and a Search Engine.

THINGS THAT ARE FUCKED

We are reaching levels of reddit that shouldn't even be possible.

So what's the general story so far? Is it just user wandering the vidya/board multiverse?

I copied the previous OP into the notepad and copied it back and they appeared randomly. I was too lazy to fix it

You can download the current version of the game and try for yourself user

It's still a mishmash, I don't really have an idea what is happening besides that.

>Makoto was the source of the AIDSpoison, so with his death, the temple and forest are purified

And that's the overall """story""". Last I checked, the snowy town church was deliberately left open for anyone who wants to put a dungeon inside, with the work already done for alternate dialogue for the townspeople when the day is saved.

There's also a whole bunch of extra side stuff worked into the game, too. We really need to set up a text file with all this shit written down at this point, I think.

Oh, and also, the current version of the game is actually gitgud.io/themaskettaman/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure

oh christ

Those're my additions! (*•ᴗ•*)

The fixed versions of them that I uploaded last thread ended up getting merged in, right? There was also a fix for a bug where putting your mug back wouldn't reset your character icon included with those fixes as well, so that should be easy to determine.

It's an optional thing. You can just download the latest version off the git and then upload your changes to your file host of choice, then post it in the thread, if you prefer. It's certainly what I usually do.

It doesn't look like that particular bug's been fixed in the latest version, so you might want to put up your fixes again.

Another thing that's fucked:

Anyway, I'll take the next map. Since nobody objected last thread, I'll make an improved version of the Party Room, since it's looking a bit blank right now. Since the latest version includes a bunch of pregenerated empty maps to help avoid mapping conflicts, I'll take map #101, in case anyone else is working on anything already.

Here we go:
>Muganon here, fixed versions of the mug and the spa stuff should have been in this link I posted last thread, here, if they're not merged in by now: my.mixtape.moe/owebfp.7z
Gist of what was fixed was that the mug event had been set (when we were organising the filenames for the graphics?) to give you the wrong character icon when you put the mug back, the boss fight in the basement in the first half of the spa dungeon set the wrong switch when you beat it (making the first half of the spa dungeon unbeatable), and the two maps of the second half of the spa dungeon had an autorun event without anything to close it.

This was merged. The issue is with the monster girl fight.

Alright, I got that new party zone done. I even managed to fit in every party member in the game on it, though Van Darkholme only has placeholder dialogue.
mega.nz/#!djgUEYCK!baZsYl7ILzZzrSLo5bmfIv4G8OOyc6aTPNr8TZAbwF8

I used the latest version on the git in , which includes small fixes of some sort on top of the snow town update. I also made a few small fixes of my own, including adding the end credits sequence back into the game again I think we should just make it a common event, by this point and changing Gringlebeard's appearance back to something a little closer to what he had back in the VX Ace version of the game (and fixing a small issue in his intro cutscene, as well). Finally, I've been quietly adding bits and pieces on to Teagan's dialogue every time I've uploaded fixes and/or maps in the past, so if you haven't taken a look at her recently, she's got some new lines.

If it's that the game freezes up after the monstergirl/lamia fight, that was because of the autorun event that should be fixed in that upload. If it's that there's nothing unlocked after the monstergirl/lamia fight except for a switch appearing in the hub, that's just because that's a placeholder that's meant to lead in to a future quest to release Van Darkholme. If it's that after you beat the lamia either it doesn't disappear, that switch doesn't appear, or random encounters don't stop spawning, then, yeah, that's something that I overlooked.

is there an option to play as trap?

At least you got sick digits, fellow brainlet.

Have you played what we've got so far? I think all of us have done a pretty good job of putting in a lot of things for people to build off of, and if nothing else you could try adding on to a town (Regular Town's full of buildings without interiors), adding some new equipment to the game or rebalancing what we've got so far, or just making whatever at all to go in the dimensional tavern. Keep in mind that the first thing I added to the game was that I just took a character customization option out of the game intro and attached it to an event in user's house, and with what I figured out doing that I've gone on to add several areas to the game including a dungeon with its own plot hooks and a new party member. RPG Maker's easy, user.

Also, consider the following for gathering inspiration:
>browsing RPG Maker assets (including premade maps - Regular Town is actually just a premade map that we're all building off, right down to its name, and my Novidya Town waterfall map was modeled after a premade map as well), the DLC packs linked earlier, or the engine plugins that can be found at places like yanfly.moe/
>playing Holla Forumsirgin quest, since that's a game from way back when that was made sort of similarly to this game

If someone hasn't done it yet, they need to make a dungeon puzzle where you have to arrange blocks in the shape of Loss

One more thing:
I was really concerned that this was what could end up being the case with some of what I made, but what I figured was that if what I made did end up being bad, it'd still be easier to turn it into something good than it would have been to make something good entirely from scratch, so that really helped keep me going.

I forget to do that every time I make a new version and I haven't downloaded MV on this computer yet, so can anyone block the space under the pillar that allows you to go into the place with the piano in the Interdimensional Tavern with a NPC that says "Sorry, closed off due to non-ecluidian physics"?
Also maybe it would be a good idea to change the tiles in that place because after the RTP change it started looking kind of ugly.

could do a trap character who doesn't attack directly has spells which do damage to enemies who attack him while he taunts and buffs on the side

Don't forget the evil route where you can genocide the gondolas

wew, as if this wasn't doomed enough

You could model it off of the Mesmer in Guild Wars. Hex spells that cause damage when the enemy attacks or casts spells. Dresses really flamboyantly gay.

Over the fucking line

Kill them all

I don't know how to make video games but I want to try, how do I help?

First download MV, second learn how to use it, third make a location fourth upload it here. Done.

that is not what I meant, boys >:3

It's not genocide if they deserve it; it's an act of justice and mercy

If I knew how to I would make a maze location for the game and call it Blyatov Pass.

By make a location do you mean including events and battles or has that not yet commenced?

It's actually really easy. You paint with chipsets.

Yes, events and battles too. I hope you downloaded the main game and are making a location based on that user? You're not making a completely new location in a separate project? That leads to some problems with integrating it with the rest mostly switch and variable numbers.

Updated with
gitgud.io/themaskettaman/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure

You anchored to the wrong post user, let's keep it consistent.

I can't into RPG maker, but i hope someoone can make a big nosed vampire boss who cries out in pain everytime he hits you. You trigger the fight by moving behind a pole.

How?

You can kill a trap.

"Only those that know of Loss shall pass!"

idea guys out

can I protect her instead?

Is the bug where everyone has access to "I'll call it in" fixed? Also, I think we should start thinking about the future of the classes and equipment. I was thinking that the equipment could be split into 2 different 'types' for each character, which allows for customisation, for instance you could put CIA on a Tank path or make him more of a Burst Damage dude reliant on TP since he has a high AGI. I have no idea what paths Gondola could be put to, obviously Debuffs and Healing would be what he could be specialized for, but on the other hand some user mentioned making Van Holme a playable character, and he is by core a debuff dude.

Maybe Gondola eventually leaves the party to settle down after passing through an especially scenic place, allowing Holme to take the place of support character?

Idea guys are useful for bumping the thread, at least.

If you want to die and become a part of his personal zombie harem, nobody is stopping you.

The water level collision is fucked.

Saying "no" when wanting to cross water level dimensional door gives out an error.

The Party Zone was made specifically to accommodate a large cast of playable characters, naturally there is going to be some amount of repeat roles. Half of the point is to pick who you're most comfortable exploring the game with.

Some RPG Maker MV ebook
my.mixtape.moe/zluzwo.pdf

I'm going to work on a map.
Is someone working on Map 096 or can I go ahead and reserve it?

I think you're alright user.

what do you meants….

gitgud.io/centralshitpostingagency/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure added a map to the top left building of regular town. (I also included some of the SF sprites that came free with the good goy version of RPG maker)

**I fucked up user, the current git is actually this:
gitgud.io/themaskettaman/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure **

>It was a shill all along

INTO THE TRASH

y-you too

anyone need me 2 draw anime girls i'll do it for hardtack and spoiled beef

*unzips dik

Nah, Gondola and Darkholme are meant to fill different niches, and in any case I think it's a concept of the game to collect different party members and switch between them. What would be really cool would be if we disabled the party member cap and could then design the later game with all the party members being around in mind.

Would something like pic related work? It's the same tileset, just with the walls and floor swapped out and some new dividers marking off the sections you wanted separated.

I've just set up Git and downloaded RPG Maker MV and I've made some minor fixes including ones that were in my upload two threads ago and enhancements that I think I should upload/commit ASAP, but I've sorta gotten side-tracked adding a new character to the interdimensional tavern. Pics related. I'll try not to take too long with it.

I have a question, if i'l make a map, while you make the git, can i copy the map later? I am installing RPG maker right now. I don't want to be too quick in making of a map, even if my skills are shit. I also haven't played your game yet, i don't know how long it is and i don't know how much time left before you wrap up the project. How many days in general i have to create a good map right now?

Go for it, user. If we weren't using Git then merging different additions together would be a real pain, but I think that with Git you don't have to worry about that sort of thing at all.

In any case…
We're not at the point where we'll even think about that yet. The game's story is probably just about 10% done, and in any case there's all sorts of stuff that could be added aside from the story. Keep in mind that the game has this whole interdimensionality concept that was come up with just to let anons have a place where they could add anything at all to the game.

I've just done pic related, myself, but I think your redesign of the place works better. Thank fuck we don't have to worry about merging.

Oh you guys, you added copyrighted music in it?

I'm just about to make a commit to the Git now, but, just quickly, here's a plugin that I think we need:
yanfly.moe/2017/09/13/yanflys-desktop-optimized-version-update-rpg-maker-mv-1-5-1/

Interesting. Also i am already making a map in a previous git. I hope i can figure out how to copy stuff later.

Wait I'm confused about how making a commit works.

I didn't read the how to into Git guide all the way through. Gimme a minute.

Also guys, you don't made combat/encounter system yet, right? So no point making fights?

We're… using RPG Maker, user. It comes with a combat system. There are quite a few battles in the game so far.

Yanfly's party member plugin lets you set the cap on party members as high as you want.

We're already using some yanfly plugins so adding it wouldn't be much of a stretch
yanfly.moe/2015/11/20/yep-29-party-system/

That would be utter hell to balance through.

Erm, I've got a commit made in TortoiseGit, and when I go to push it (to gitgud.io/themaskettaman/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure ) it doesn't prompt for a username and password. It just immediately does this:
git.exe push –progress "origin" master:master

remote: You are not allowed to push code to this project.
fatal: unable to access 'gitgud.io/themaskettaman/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

git did not exit cleanly (exit code 128) (2172 ms @ 3/12/2017 6:55:24 PM)

You need to create a fork to which you push on the website first see pic related.
This will create a copy you are allowed to work on.
Then you push to the adress of your fork and ask him to merge your changes with the master version.

Incidentally merge requests go here gitgud.io/themaskettaman/RPGMakerMVAnonsBizarreAdventure/merge_requests

Okay, thanks. I think I've got it.

[success]

Now you just have to wait for the user with the flight plan to call it in.

Maybe it's something that could work for special encounters and/or the climactic final battle? Every party member you've ever acquired versus every single boss in the game in a gigantic free-for-all could be an entertaining matchup.

Alright, I've hopefully fixed the collision issues reported, and gave the interdimensional tavern and corridor a bit of a facelift.
mega.nz/#!lnx3xTJT!c3LomL-oePa91uAblzBAqPmXpNvVqC6oiPgYI5E-dx4
Also, the party crystal/party zone's teleport was actually slightly bugged, but I think I figured out a fix for it. It just needed two extra variables to store your X and Y coordinates on the map when you use the crystal.

Okay, here's my trash, if someone cares to join it with something. I placed no entrances or exits on it, added only 2 ogg songs, and 1 elf character to the game. Added guards as an enemy. Location called "secret forest", you can use it somewhere in the forest as a middle location between a forest and a dungeon or something. Feel free to edit anything and do with it as you like. Feel free to delete my shitty events too.
mega.nz/#!7QEgiSZB!dCkVCiiwnhXJLDHXteZIRE12A48XKfLnwrEatLcTAZs

If its too shit for project, then fuck it. At least i contributed something. I would make my own rpg some day later, but i know it will be mediocre and shitty anyway, so this just reminded me how rpg maker works.

There are a whole bunch of Yanfly plugins that could add a lot to the game right off the bat, actually…

These could be used by anons making maps, for instance:
yanfly.moe/2016/12/17/yep-122-extended-doodad-pack-1-rpg-maker-mv/

And I've found that I can't set up the AI for the enemies I've made the way I'd like with the controls you get by default, so I could make use of this:

Don't sell yourself short, user, your map doesn't look half bad. The only place I can think of where we could immediately fit it in would be to have the main character climb up the vines and through the window in pic related and wind up in the secret forest, but we could probably find a more sensible place to use it later, once a few more maps have been made. Besides, this is just supposed to be for fun anyway.

Merged everything.

One thing with linking the path we're going on so far on the main quest with the path you can follow out of Novidya Town, the idea I had in mind was that Novidya Town was near the top of Mount Novidya, and then the places we've got for the main quest are down at the base of Mount Novidya, with the player getting there either by falling down the waterfall or by following a path down the mountain, so I'd like to add a few maps between Novidya Waterfalls and Regular Town and between Regular Town and the map in your pic representing the climb down Mount Novidya rather than there being this sort of abrupt transition there is now.

We can also make it so that both of the paths are slightly different storylines but both are necessary to complete. We can say that following Waterfall Path leads to a boss fight with D Nuvo at the end where you find out that he was working for the vidya thief all along and we get a bit of the thief's motives revealed without revealing his identity. On the other hand the path leading out of Novidya town would lead to a slightly different questline which you can do to a certain point until you are blocked from progressing for example you are helping a character do something in a city that is controlled by CIA and the character says that his hands are tied for as long as D Nuvo is in power until you kill the boss of the other questline. After that you are awarded with the possibility of progressing further which leads to discovery of the vidya thief identity. Sorry for ideaguying, I will try to make a map soon once I'm done with my daily routine

BUILDING MAP

Actually, can you even get to Mount Anika?

I'm not the maker of Novidya Waterfalls, but I don't have a problem with you putting in an extra transitional map between the Northern Crossroads and Regular Town.

There doesn't seem to be an entrance for it anywhere, no. I remember the user who made it had had an idea for the main character to go around challenging people to street races in order to get some of his racing vidya back, and those races would take the form of slightly customized battles, but I'm not sure if he's still around or still working on it.

I'm the guy who made the Novidya Waterfalls, so yeah.

I had it in mind that there should be something to stretch the story out over those new areas, so that sounds like a plan.

I played one of the first versions, and the boss was just stabbing it with the spear over and over again. Is this even resembling a game yet?

We'll be taking care of enemy attacks and balance once the core of the game is here. But yes the game developement is going on surprisingly well

This thing is absolutely doomed to fail. You guys aren't even trying.

Well it definitely hasn't failed yet.

It has in my mind. Maybe you can't see the writing on the wall.

Even if it does fail, then we can at least still say that we had fun. We planned on allowing the anons freedom in making enemies as well as other things and basically balancing them later on once we see what difficulty would be necessary for all the areas.

Ask me how I know you're a spook.

Ask me how I know you should be put on a helicopter ride.

Poor choice of words. You're part of the FBI or CIA.

Nigger really? I sincerely hope you are baiting

I'm not, agent.

Yeah, of course you're not.

Call your supervisor, you're getting fired tomorrow.

Nigger, hadn't it crosssed your mind that I'm not a native English speaker and I made a grammar mistake?

Dude, you don't have a job anymore.

Whatever you say user.

Pack up your desk, faggot.

This is tremendously silly.

Why's that, Chaim?

Shitposting aside, we’ve got enough maps worked out now that it probably would be a good idea to start thinking about the combat system. I’m guessing we don’t just want to go with the default RPG Maker combat system, after all.

Well, what's there to think about? And what alternative combat systems are there?

Kike.

In any case, though, I'm definitely up for things like loading in Yanfly combat system extensions, but I think that's something that can sorta just be done as needed/as anons wish, rather than it needing to be planned out in advance.

Completely unrelated to what's being discussed now, but ancient Gondolas need to be a plot point.

I guess you're too stupid to see the writing on the wall. I've already established that this entire thing has the alphabets involved. Kill yourself, Moishe.

[suffering]

Put the shotgun in your mouth, Chaim.

WHY DID NO MREGE THE EXISTANCE ?? ???? ???my.mixtape.moe/skjndn.zip

HMMMMMMMMMM??????????????????????????????

What about them?

It is merged, there was an issue with one event, fixed now

I had a thing that I was about to push to the git earlier today, but I lost it because… there were "conflicts" that were stopping me from committing it, except that TortoiseGit wouldn't tell me what those "conflicts" were, and then somewhere along the line my working copy got erased and overwritten and my backup was erased and overwritten with it. I'm a bit bummed out about that.

Here's a rough changelog, since at least this way it'll be clear how to replicate what I was going to do:

I meant to start on these mountain path maps I talked about today but instead I've just been struggling with these git problems

How hard do you plan to balance this game? You're sure you aren't overworking?

Just a bit of tweaking for the enemies I'd added for my Spa dungeon. It's really something I could redo easily (… and it wasn't really that helpful that I mentioned my doing that in that changelog, then), but, still, fug.

YOU ARE WREONG ??????

Is there a reason MV is being used now? Is it more capable or something?

The key thing is that its data files are stored as plain text (rather than in this arbitrary file format that VX Ace uses), which allows them to properly be handled by git (not to mention just that merging different versions is a lot easier when you can resolve the conflicts that come with merging just with a text editor), but I think that MV does add some features that are really worth it on top of that. For one thing, its games run through HTML5, so they're cross-compatible between operating systems.

Yeah, that's definitely useful. HTML5 seems kind of weird for desktop applications, but I guess it's probably easier than proper multi-platform support.

any reason for the switch to MV?

Please someone make a Loss tile tileset
As in tiles that have loss cross or a loss motif

See

Have an update!

What exactly did you add user? Can't really check the map right now as I'm busy with something.

Will there be RPG-7's in it?

If you add them user

Sorry, guys, I've been putting off making those mountain pass maps as well as just remaking those fixes I'd lost the other day… could someone take care of the fixes for me? They should all be pretty simple.

Bump, things seem to have became a bit slow recently

Yeah… I still haven't gotten around to adding those mountain pass maps, myself, I've definitely lost some motivation. I dunno, though, emphasise how any random user could contribute and all the hooks there are for any user to add whatever they feel like? Just start a new thread?

What happened to the current gitanon anyways? Did he merge the last maps together?

Nope. Git is shit anyways, we should just go back to normal up/downloads.

Every user making just one map on a board where nobody wants to do anything with rpg maker seems like project is going to die. We need to form a little dev team to finish the project, or else everything will go to waste, while still receiving contributions from random anons.
We will just never finish it without someone connecting everything, making up story and someone else making additional interconnected maps.

It's been working out as so far and a dev team is kind of literally an opposite of what this was supposed to do.

I would make a map but I'm currently too busy with learning stuff and my personal life

At a guess, most of the anons that were participating in this probably are. I’d say it’s probably time to slap on whatever ending we can come up with and bring this to a close.

I would try to help but my computer just really hates MV for some reason, I can't even get to the end of the content currently in the game anymore because it's such a slog.

DONT WORRY BROS I GOT YOU

my.mixtape.moe/dcqabw.zip!!!!!!!!

Can you send the full version user? I don't know whether git user has merged your maps with the rest of the project.

I'll shill again for a planning document. As far as anything else goes, if the project goes dormant then with its "anyone can add anything" concept it can always be brought back, even just with new contributors.

I'd had it in mind that I'd be willing at some point if it really died to just keep building it by myself, if I'd have to.

I've gotta say: Nope. The game's full of open plot hooks, roads deliberately left leading nowhere, and placeholders for unimplemented gameplay/balancing concepts. I'd say the game has about 10%-25% of the content it should have. In any case, having that much built on to it over the span of a bit under a month(?) is pretty damn good, and even if development gets irregular as hell from here I think it'll work fine to just keep going.

Actually with… the sorts of threads and posts that have been appearing a lot on Holla Forums over the last few days I'd be just fine with the project going dormant from this crowd.

Yes, with how most people are acting, you'll wonder if they deserve the effort you put into this game, even if for fun. But there are other anons here who enjoy building a game regardless and if just one other person who thinks alike you gets to play the game, it would all be worth it (the others who are building onto the game could also potentialy be such people).Therefore I think we should continue with the game, and if you or someone else wishes to hop off, they may do so in solitude.
it seems like a lot of people are fed up with Mark, the mods and the users & shills on this board, but no one does something about it. Some people have tried to create their own boards, but they all fell into obscurity. Perharps we should migrate to another videogame-related board and continue our project there? Maybe /svidya/ would work out, I think that one is moderated and has a slow base, but I don't know much about it. Then, Once the game is done, we'll publish it around on all videogame boards to attempt to fish some decent people to it and in the end have good threads again.

sendspace.com/filegroup/X/LN12idc5RpI/4zkGqubg

I think someone should still save the newest version of the game so that the project can be brought back in a safer time if anything happens.

I don't think anyone will want to continue some no-name project that was abandoned quarter-way through. That's like chewing a half eaten burger or doing someone else's homework, you're better off just restarting if you do that. And besides, the times will only get worse from here on, so I'm not sure what you are trying to do? Are you saying the project will be cool again if we post it on a later time? Also, what do you mean by 'still', did it read like I was wanting the project to end?

It's been a while, how did the project lose momentum anyways? I remember there being a lot of activity before the switch to RPG maker MV.

Usually switching can cause a burn out because everything has to be redone. Usually it's a good idea to just stick with one and plow through it.

So basically, using Github killed the project? The switch was only done because the way that the filesystem in VX Ace worked was incompatible.

It's definitely neutered it.

What a shame. I was looking forward to new versions of this project.

I have a new idea for a location, but I will need a tileset with it. We can still work this through, but as I said in the previous threads, I really thought that git and MV were bad ideas. Even then, most things done with MV are still working, there are just small things that need to be fixed that one person can take care of himself it will probably fall on me to fix that shit. I have an idea for a new location but I would need a tileset for a secret lab with a loss theme. Switching from VX to MV we cannot change anymore but Git we can throw out, it seems like a great idea but the fact that one person has to take care of it, and he might disappear as well as the fact that anons have to learn how to use it fucks us over. The simpler we keep this shit the better.

Bingo.

Still is spriteanon still here? I would be thankful if he made a tileset for a secret laboratory and snuk some subtle loss in some of the tiles.

Maybe things have just slowed down because of the holidays, that's why I'm not really putting in too much time anyway. I'd wait to declare it dead until after, but if it does die maybe instead we can have anons make their own "mini adventure" that is self contained and completable in an hour or two and just use the threads as a place to share them, people could reuse their work from this game as well.

Let me guess, you aren't going to make the game before the new year, are you?

>>>/cuckchan/

The real question is should

Shouldn't you be shitposting about cumskins on Holla Forums?

are you going to spam that in every thread?

You don't belong here.

is this still going on? what is progress? i never followed it but saw threads.

Well. To put it simple most people "saw threads", just like you, but never made anything.

Notch did literally nothing wrong.

hahaha pathetic

Stop being a faggot.

Get out.

What is the best RPG Maker?

XP and VX Ace.

I agree with this user, personally VX Ace is my absolute favourite, XP base game RTP lacks the tileset for the world map.

I'll bump, let's hope that things pick up again after new year.

Still would love to get that loss-laboratory tileset if anyone is up for it

someone please put this thing I found in the game

You can do it yourself user

what happen

I think it was a shitpost that was deleted.