Hey guys

Hey guys
I don't really like making a thread about this before Monday. But things are looking to be a bit different this time around.

So everything is set up and ready to go but I might not be able to 8ChanMania 5 on Monday so it'll be on Sunday. I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up.

Did that Logo user ever finish the Logo for 8chanMania I wonder?

Other urls found in this thread:

66.90.93.122/ost/wwf-wrestlemania-arcade/uechtgae/11_Match BGM #1.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That is to say 3PM EST on SUNDAY
not MONDAY

Lets do it right now :^)

If everything's ready to go, why not do it on Friday? More people should be off of school/work then.

I'll be working.
I do 12 hour shifts

No prob then, see you there.

The guy who said he'd take the graphic that appears to show wrestler names and add a custom logo to it? That'd be rad.

That's fine, thanks for the heads-up OP

I have a few questions:
What happens to Phanto?
How's balancing issues are going?
Did you make at least few test tournaments to look if somebody in particular winning constantly?
Did you nerfed evil ryu, who's made by author of Akuma and Honda?
What do you think of an idea of disqualifying all street fighter characters?

Really, just do few test tournaments for yourself, outside of streaming and see if ryu will be a constant winner, or somebody else.

I wish they streamlined the CPU logic system, balanced preset behaviors would be a good idea

I don't think Street Fighter characters should be out entirely. Maybe just the ones made by Crosato. I mean nothing against the guy, he clearly loves Street Fighter very much, but his characters seem way too good. Don't want the finals being 50% Street Fighter, yknow

I wish OP knew how to improve CPU logic of characters with poor CPU logic, so there won't be need to nerf anyone.

Making good CPU logic is hard enough as it is, and I'm sure OP doesn't have the time or patience to edit every single fighter that gets in. That's just unrealistic, unfortunately.

I wish I knew. Akuma had an interesting aggressive style which is good, but somehow could win 90% of grapples which is a load of crap.

If we could come up with a CPU logic formulated for more entertaining fights, we could apply that to all characters and keep it balanced.

You might be onto something. making one logic wouldnt fit for different personalities of fighters, but what if 3 or so different styles were made? Super aggressive, casual, extremely agile? Then just apply those to fighters that have default.

I have been busy making more animus

Your work reminds me about muscle girl fetish.

I am still fine tuning my version of Big Show, had to check wikipedia and other sources to get an idea of his moveset, but there is something weird, each time he wants to climb on a corner he falls, I tried changing logic and moves as to force him to never try it but he keeps doing it.

I think that has the potential to increase the autism levels to painful levels, especially if OP gets help on it. Sounds dangersque to me.

Do you even pro wrestling?

That's the thing, I don't want him to do that.

You can turn that off entirely though, right?

There is a lot of stuff in the programming it is probably something you can turn to 0%

Unless there is a way to move the arms and legs we are pretty much stuck with muscle girls. Resizing them to be less bulky leaves gaps between the torso and arms/legs.

Good shit

Someone created the Gameboy Advance as a wrestler. Add it in, OP.

You're doing God's work.

I ran 2 tournaments while I was playing minecraft tekkit, really and evil fyi lost but I won't say to who so my balancing is going well.

I also have been doing what I can to learn more about programming fighters and I'm getting the hang of it maybe by 8chanmania 10 or 11 I will be able to develop caw logic

9h and phantom is ref for 6. He got grandfathered in

One job.

Can't the fight music be modded?

Yeah we could really use a playlist, maybe even a themed one for battles. We could suggest music like we do with fighters.

Can you post the roster here (or maybe make a board for reference)?

I think music has to be edited manually per fight, so doing it ingame would get annoying quickly. But, if there is an option to mute just the during-match music, there could probably be a non-ingame playlist. Might also get annoying quick though, and the volume will surely need to be adjusted many times.

You guys really want me to do this?

For the first 16 matches. The prelims. I can have cusom music for every fight.

But after that the music is going to be tricky because there is no telling who will win.

So for instance like if ryu and yuuka were fighting
I'd have an arrangement that would compliment a battle of demons.

But then we'd have like ryu winning and octodad winning and then it's like.

Well whose music do I pick now.

ahhh I wonder if Reddit spacing is caused by mobile phone posting

Whoever is in the finals, please us this for the BGM during the fight

maybe just for the final round?

Maybe just pick a fitting son for the final fight? If you need to download one, just put on an intermission exhibition fight in the meantime.

BGM is tied to match type right? Hopefully they patch in a playlist option.

Just do a variety of BGM then, doesn't have to be specific.

Seconding this. Just pick various boss battle themes - those should fit quite well.

Who won 4? I missed the ending.

Akuma, after Yuuka not going for the pin like a stupid idiot

You kids as a lot of ol' Vince McChann.
Let me figure out what to do.
I might pick various boss battle themes and match them to the fights.

So like. I can be flexible with the music. But still have a good feel for each match.

Start spamming boss battle and battle music.
I know the very basic shit

and I was gonna play my new videogame tonight

Or the arcade version: 66.90.93.122/ost/wwf-wrestlemania-arcade/uechtgae/11_Match BGM #1.mp3

By the way, can someone tell me what determines a fighter's chance to win a grapple? Some default ones I make lose them very often and get their asses kicked.

I am enjoying making these. The "programming" is the most tedious part.

So, game's today, huh? Are we going to watch how Evil Ryu inevitably wins it?

He's going against Yuuka "Bloodthirster" Kazami, AJ "Faggot Killer" Styles, Chris Benoit, The quad tearin' man Diesel, and a few more
He's gonna have a pretty tough competition

It would be the best for Ryu to be put against tough characters from the very beginning. Like did the whole top or bottom row of strong characters, and the other side with weaker characters. Somewhat create a pseudo weight categories, but for CPU logic. And then champion of lower row of lower CPU logic fights champion of higher row of higher CPU logic. It would make sense.

hey niggos, stream today right? how long till my favourite time of the week?

Is it by the guy that did the akuma and E.honda? Then yeah he's going to win

Everytime she enters a tournament she gets closer to winning. First it was the semi's, then it was the finals. {spoiler]Now, the universe.[/spoiler]

Don't take my word on it, but i think in just 3 hours we should start.

Matches really start at 3 PM EST, but the stream will probably be up half an hour or so before for exhibition matches.

Can you confirm right now its 11:58 AM EST?

alrighty then

Yes it is, so 3 hours to go.

Hey OP, can I request a Chad vs Virgin fight in the exhibition matches before we start? They are in the workshop.

We need a tag-team division just to put Chad & Virgin over
Pair them up against the Hart Foundation, Mario & Luigi, etc

If there ever is a tag team tourney, these two have to be in.

By the way my dudes. the custom music thing did not work out well.
like at all.

Sorry.

Fuck, what happened ?

I don't like you making a thread about this, either.

not enough music for one
and for two it was just way to fuckin hard to make the right mood.
I'll keep working on it though just tonight it won't happen

I fucking love you user

maybe mute the in-game music and play it separately

That requires me to DJ the entire 4 hour stream, which I'm not against, but it goes back to trying to match music with the matches.
I have a plan but I didn't come up with it til late.
Just get your favorite Video game battle and boss battle music ready for when I drop a thread sometime this week.

It's cool if you can't figure out custom BGM right now, I'm sure it's more complicated than it seems. Entrance music is more important, anyways.