You are right, achievements are bullshit, there are one of the reasons why nowadays video games have so less content...

You are right, achievements are bullshit, there are one of the reasons why nowadays video games have so less content, bonus, extra or what ever you want to call this. But what about retroachievements, where the good old gems, specily those with lot of content also get achievements on top? Plus a leaderboard/scoreboard!

I just tried it and it is actually fun. The achievements are community created and so far i didn't see one idiotic achievement, mostly they are bound to the level progession.
You thoughts on RetroAchievements?
alsoworks great with RetroArchKeep in mind only to use NO INTRO roms

Fuck off.
Achievements were literally a ploy to pad out games "content" by giving you a fake trophy.
They are fucking cancer and any semblance of supporting them should be treated with putting those responsible in internment camps.

Op achieved a reward for being a subhuman retard.

i agree with you, read again, i'm asking about retoachievements actually, good old games getting actually something to there already existing content. I see it like you with achievement in nowadays games, they are just souless shit. But i think they work very well with old games, like snes or nes.

I do remember trying stuff that would be achievements by current standards.
In the NES Star Wars I got 63.5% which meant I won the game just with 3po and Chewie. I didn't even had the first stage laser pistol nor any shields for the falcon.

I guess I would have liked a public recognition for my efforts.

What if they stopped locking content with dlc and just make the achievements the dlc?

As in the old times when video games where good? Forget it, 2007 fucked up a whole lot more than you think. This will never happened. I remember how i put extra effort into a game just so i can play a panda bear in resident evil. Now you have to pay for it. I think achievement only work when they give feedback of your progression insteed of locking extra content away from the player. Maybe that is one of the reason why it feels more ok with old games having achievements.

Corporate virtue signaling isn't recognition, it's a lie.

Achievements don't have to be bad. Imagine a world where the original Xbox360 achievements unlocked in game content, costumes or big head mode or something like that. Imagine if they unlocked dashboard themes or player icons, shit like that. Of course it will never happen because suits ruin everything good, but it could've been so much better.

Unlockables is fine. It's the way they are done in modern games that's bad. They used to be a reward for completion of the game and hidden challenges. Now they are just a monotonous grind away so every can have them because equality of outcome commie bullshit. This would have never happened if it weren't for game journos publishing the "secrets" in "Gaming" magazines. Now the masses now these things exist and since its hip to be square, they want to have them so their friends and followers know they are "legit nerds". (((Marketing))) sees that they can sell $60+ garbage with unlocks that can be purchased separately and its blood in the water.

at least you get somewhat the in the feeling with RetroAchievements. But don't hope to see this in nowadays games.

I would argue that playing for achievements is more of a "Will to Power" style of gameplay since it's goal oriented, whereas playing games "for fun" or what have you is more anarchic/chaotic. Add to the fact that some people find pleasure in the simple adding up of PS level or achievement score, and they are in fact "playing for fun" just like non-achievement gamers.

Remember these AAA games that would give you an achievement right from the start and onwards for every little shit? There it goes your "will to power"
on the other side, just played Alladin for snes with retroachievements, the first unlock is after the first level, when entering the second stage. FIrst stage is missed on purpose!

Those types of achievements are outliers though, for the most part.

I don't mind achievements that much. It all varies though on what type of achievement is it. Achievements that require ridiculous grind or hardcore metagaming can go right ahead and fuck off. Granted I stopped using my 360 by early 2009 when it originally broke and since then just been 100% PC exclusive. Steam's turned into a colossus fucking sewage bin with shovelware and just how achievements are distributed (see: tf2).

Achievements are used so that publishers can get information about how far people progress in a game and what parts of the game people use. Outside of that it's a boring way of displaying you can do shit in a game by ticking a bunch of boxes any faggot sad enough to look through your achievements can look at. It's a normalfag substitute for sharing demos.

Nothing wrong with some achievements to try some new challenges after you think you've done everything, or a leaderboard for some recognition, but then they started to use achievements as lazy alternatives to secrets or rewards that weren't cutscenes as well as uninspired "kill 100 X" chores rather than interesting side quests.

Here's the full story of kikery that achievements influenced:
>(((Microsoft))) thinks its the perfect moment to implement that shit into videogames

I don't need a fucking social media network to tell me how to complete self-imposed challenged. Beat my high score, fags.

Some insomniac games would just give you the level the achievment is in and it's name. You had to figure out what to do. Almost like a puzzle.

No.

Then if they were all that easy, most people would have the majority of achievements in games.

Achievments are shit, no matter what. But i think retroarchivemnts are actually ok, they add something, not that important but ok.

People have low attention span.

The only games I ever platinum are the ones were you earn them without doing anything special except playing the game.

Stein's Gate 0 and Blue reflection are the only platinum ones.

Honestly with all the games I want to play and having some disposable income there's no reason to chase trophies.

Or more likely because they have access to thousands of various other games at any given time. We live in an age where the average PC User who has Steam can have dozens of games per week at their finger tips thanks to the past decade of cheap digital distribution.

How was Blue Reflection? I was kinda interested but I heard it wasn't great.

Having ou pf nowhere thousend and thousend snes ,nes,gb,master system and genesis games with arhciements can give one a strugle. Right now playing super mario world with archievents and it is avtually fun

Blue reflection is good if you're into cute highschool girls.

Western release is censored and game has lots of dlc. Better pirate PC version.

Fuck off achievement niggers.

dubs

Mad?

>>>/reddit/ ?