Yfw Halo is actually dead

Yfw Halo is actually dead

So microsoft is running on fumes at this rate huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

mafiagame.wikia.com/wiki/Lincoln_Clay
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's been dead since Halo 3, OP. No need to cry over a corpse.

I just assumed goyim would keep it on life support. For some reason there are still a few xbox die hards.

the series took a nosedive when it was apparent the people taking over didn't give two shits about what they were taking over.

To be fair, from what I've seen of the Forge mode it looks like they did a great job on that part. Halo 4's was fucking abysmal, 5's seems to have added scripting, modelling, and tons of other shit.

Why do you care? Halo was never good. It's the definition of a bland scifi shooter.

Source or get the fuck out.

Fucking finally.

I've never played halo, which one should I try first

Those are literally the least of 343's problems. They're barely technically competent and just don't know how to make a good game. I think the entirety of the staff making Halo right now is people who were 12 when the first game came out and said "I WANT TO MAKE HALO WHEN I GROW UP," scraped through a Devry degree by the skin of their teeth, and actually got their childhood dream. Now they're realizing they don't even know what made Halo good in the first place and constantly failing at recreating it because instead of just copying success, they have huge egos and want to put their own spin on the series.

Just play them in release order and spare yourself the non-bungie titles.

pirate the first two and call it a day

Elites are pretty hot

I promise you it isn't, normalfags around me still talk about it, but i hear more about Skyrim and CoD:WW2 then that shit.

I wasn't born in the 21st century so I don't care.

It's pretty pathetic how badly they fucked up such an easy IP to keep going.

You can't really push SJW shit on xbox consoletards because they're football-loving dudebros, the playstation consoletards are a whole different deal because they're primarily hipsters so you get shitholes like NEOGAF.

Having no good games is fine for them, but if you push SJWshit they won't touch the "game" with a 10 foot pole.

Halo 1-reach are fun to co-op with a bud.

I don't have friends, it's probably why I never played halo in the first place and most of my acquaintances were sonyggers. Are those characters from halo 1 or reach because that armor actually looks pretty neat

FAT
SPARTAN
ASS

The first two are still fun as heck alone, excepting when you get to the library in the first game. At the very least, Halo is a great study in enemy variety and why it matters so much for a game. There's very little special about Halo except for the fact that any fight is going to involve 3-5 very different enemy types that have varying levels of danger to you for different reasons. Of course, this being the major lesson Halo had to teach people, devs completely ignored it and instead decided on taking the regenerating health aspect and creating cancer.

Those would be Reach. It was supposed to be a bunch of prototype armors and stuff from before the design Chief has was standardized, that's how they explained all the different parts you could unlock in multi too.

The campaigns are good alone too but A LOT of the fun to be had with Halo is multiplayer with other people, which is why it was a great success with dudebros. My best memories of the series was 16-20 people getting together once a week in highschool and setting up an Xbox LAN (before XBL) to play huge CTF matches. It was worth the trouble of lugging that fucking thing around all day and wheeling TVs from neighboring classrooms.

You can play the first 2 on PC no problem. For H2V get Project Cartographer because it removes the need for GFWL ontop of shit like 60FPS and 4K monitor support. The core game is untouched (outside MP supposedly having a better netcode system as they don't use GFWL or XBL for the online since it's dead)

Alright nice downloading 1 and 2 now this shit better be halfway decent or I'm coming for you

Speaking of first fps. What fps introduced you to the genre? Mine was delta force land warrior.

Halo gets a lot of shit for what it did to the genre but I feel like this gets glossed over a lot. It has a good number of enemies to throw at you to keep it interesting. Shame no one ever listened to the important stuff.

1, then 2, then 3 to put the series to rest.

You're making me want to play it again. Is there a way to do coop online nowadays anons?

Reach and 3 are amazing multiplayer FPS console games for what they are, not to compare them with PC FPS games. Even despite the soft auto-aim in MP it's a real trip. You could just shit-talk into the mic and teabag some kid and they can actually see you doing it. I'm amazed the servers are still up for both games. If I had a 360 and the games I'd probably play it every now and then to relax.

Lan emulation works. But you need specific software if you're LAN emulating on xbox.

They tried to make the main character a nigger. They get what they deserve.

hey guys do i fit in?

It won't be officially dead until the next big Halo game bombs. I want to say IF it bombs, but given 343s track record, I will assume the worst.

That said, I've played MCC a decent amount in the last few months and have noticed I get matched with the same players VERY often. So I'm guessing you are correct that the playerbase is just about dead there. Also Bonus Points for it as most games are filled to the brim with team killing faggots which destroys it even more.

This is pretty fair. Campaign in Reach is alright, though even without knowing the plot before hand, it was pretty predictable.

I tried doing co-op around launch with the MCC and had horrible desync issues in the Halo 2 campaign. Fast forward to a week or two ago and co-op still desyncs like fucking crazy for us.

Mafia 3 did the same thing, white people don't want to play as niggers, we don't want to imagine having skin that looks like what comes out of our asses. We don't want to roleplay as shitskins.

Honestly I was more disappointed the marketing had absolutely fucking nothing to do with the game. They were setting up something interesting and dropped it almost entirely. Locke vs Chief boiled down to a cutscene slap-fight and then they settled their differences and it went on its way. I was expecting a Halo 2 style campaign where every other level was from the other team's perspective and you were running from/hunting down yourself, basically. No such thing happened.

Get a used 360 to power through H3 and Reach.

To be fair one of the playable squad members in ODST is black, there's Sergeant Johnson, and I think Amanda Keyes. That's the least of 343's issues, mainly that they are only now realizing the mistakes they made in regards to the campaign.

JUST

Hello, nigger. Only Rockstar game worth playing is LA Noire, you filthy subhuman freak.

you take that back
the captain ain't no oil driller

I still can't believe players needed to consume two fucking live-action TV series, a novel, a comic book series, and a serial podcast for this game's story to make any goddamn sense.

you can head back to reddit.

Blame 343i.

Oh, nooo…

i'm missing nothing that i can't get on pc

I fucking forgot the name of this manga
Did he bang buttspider yet yet

I forgot what her name was for a sec. I guess the point I was trying to make was that characters like those vs the new ones in the 343 games are the least of the games problems

mediocre fps series is finally dead. Big surprise.

You have to go back

Halo 5 could of had a chance, a strong chance despite being nothing like Halo except name only but 343 fucks everything up because they are so inept and out of touch.
You know why we even got Forge on the PC? Microsoft essentially forced them to and they were bitching about it the entire time.
And it was good, damn good. But 343 we're too stupid to set up a basic lobby/matchmaking system before it was too late, months too late, when everyone got bored of it. Had they had it from the start, had the customization options console players had, had the ability to get req packs like console players could without paying for them to kickstart the microtransaction addiction for normalfags then they could have made money. But no, 343 didn't want to listen to their fans let alone reach to a community that had no interest in the Xbox one. 343 didn't have the community team Bungie had and they're living off a fetted corpse of a once amazing franchise and they STILL have no clue what they're doing wrong because they refuse to listen to the community and push esports even though Halo was never founded nor geared towards esports

The Xbone division has to be actively destroying themselves. No way they can completely fuck up the console in games and chocies so that no one cares about it.

I know, I deserve to be bullied. I let my friends + nostalgia talk me into it. That aside, let my stupidity be a warning. 343 + current year MS can't do anything right, and will likely be the death of Halo.

Muh lore! Seriously though, the books should have explored optional/side content and not have been mandatory content to understand the current plot. Yet another fuck up.

Used to be a big Halo fag, but dipped off the series after Halo 4. Halo 5 killed the series for me, the only fun I ever had in Halo 5 was when I hosted custom game lobbies.
Who the fuck cares about Halo Wars 2, where was my damn H3A.

I don't remember this being difficult.

Halo 2 Legendary was purposely made dickish and nearly impossible without planning ahead.
God damn sniper Jackals.

I forgot that game existed. Jesus, it flopped so hard I forgot it even flopped because of all the fucking flops we had this year.
Do you think it'd be a fun idea to make a Holla Forums advent calendar with all the flops we had this year?

At least the books are alright, at this point they're the only good thing about the franchise.

Halo 2 PC has some weird stutter problems for me. I knew it was a bad port, but I didn't know it was Arkham Knight tier. Say what you want about Halo 1's port, it at least runs well on newer systems.

That seems weird, considering the RNG the game has

Too early to toss in the "Series is DEAD" narrative, we'll see with Halo 6 if the series is truly dead.
Meanwhile Im sure Microsoft is heavily thinking on how they can make Halo 6 hopefully not a blunder and fix what was broke in the Halo series while keeping it's head above the crowd.

That's always been a staple since day 1 the difference here is the main MC Locke is just bland and had nothing going on for him other than we're told we should like this guy. Meanwhile Palmer is just mostly in the side lines but I agree in Halo 4 I wanted to slap her shit for how annoying she was.

Oddly Halo 4 was actually okay for gameplay the issue was it did nothing unique or pushed the gameplay of Halo to new grounds and inherited alot of the issues Halo 3 and Reach started to show which was horrible mechanics like the spartan power ups and the really broke Meta that by Halo Reach you could tell they were running on fumes with how far the engine could go.

I fell bad, I only played 1-3 as they were released. I Remember hauling a gaggle of fat xboxs around to play 10+ player LAN matches. Was a lot of fun. It makes me sad to hear how terrible the series got.

Halo 4 was playable, it was pretty average for a Halo game but at least it wasn't as bad as 5. Sure, Halo 5 let visit some interesting locations but it's easily the worst in the series.

Halo 5 was awful because they basically shot their old fanbase in the head while trying to cater to the literal call of duty fanbase.

Microsoft deserves to fucking die as a company and are now on par with Sony Pictures levels of retarded. Im also happy the tv show failed because you could tell they were gonna go the most politically correct narrative of cape shit nonsense.

and nothing of value was lost

So much trial and error with those fucks.

God damn it you reminded me of the retarded line that wannabe Halo 5 spartan stronk womyn says about praising the Elites for having females in their army. God Halo 5 was terrible.

Hey btw on the subject of books, what ones are actually worth reading? I've never bothered with the 'em so I have no clue which ones are good.

Halo lore was always in this perfect realm of silly levels of being badass while still being believable as a universe. Perfect for a sci-fi action series. I also always loved how the books literally state that the only reason John-117 has lived through all the crazy shit is that he's just fucking lucky.

Halo 4s biggest fuckup was with the new promethean enemies. Like I said earlier, Halo's biggest strength was the different enemy types, but the prometheans with their fucking drones that are at BEST kind of difficult to hit when on a console controller that will infinitely respawn enemies was some of the most misguided enemy concept I've ever heard of.

I have no love for Microsoft, but they aren't the ones that fucked it up. That's solely on 343. They clearly had no love for the series, and were trying to make a game that wasn't fucking Halo but cram it into the Halo series.

. . . Which was formed by Microsoft.

Halo 3 ended it, the lore, history, mysticism, characters and science. It should have ended there, but no, we got a fucking abortion with Halo 4 and Halo 5 which pretty much fucked both games when you play one after the other.

Speaking of which, Xbone is pretty dead if they continue at this rate, sad to see Microkike shut down studio after studio and cry to themselves they don't have the talent left to actually make decent games.

Fall of Reach and First Strike are some great reads that build up to the series. They do a great job of establishing MC's actual personality of a lonely dude who can't identify with normal people because he's been a science experiment super soldier for so long. It also has some great moments like establishing that the Covenant actually doesn't know how their technology fucking works on a base level and a whole lot of flavor.

Technically they did get a movie, I haven't watched it in a while but I remember it being decent.

Yeah, that line was pretty dumb, but I guess it sort of makes sense considering the Sangheili had their whole society pretty much upheaved after the Convenant fell.
As for what books are good, Halo: The Flood is a pretty decent adaptation of the first game into novel form, Halo Evolutions is a neat little anthology of random Halo stories, and I like Glasslands and Thursday Warbut those are Karen Travis books so I may have shit taste there

That part is definitely true. Stuff like Reach and some of the Halo anime stuff are great examples of that. It's kinda got this flavor of hard sci-fi mixed with 80s action movies.

Man, I need to get around to reading those.

Bingo, too bad anything after Reach plays like absolute dogshit, I just undusted my 360 to play 3 and Reach custom games because they put Xbone compatibility on them both so I can fuck up some retarded Gaylo 5 players

stop trying to fit in so hard you fucking sack of vaginal insecurity

Wolfenstein 3D shareware.

Quake I, then Heretic and then Doom.

Marathon was the better series anyway.

And nothing of value was lost.

I'm not actually sure which one exactly, but I think it was a Star Wars one, Dark Forces 2 to be exact. I don't even care that it came out the year before I was born, old Star Wars games are great.

Quake 1 and Quake 2. These were first PC games I've played.

Wait, you play as a nigger in Mafia 3? The gist I got was that you're still playing as Scaletta, trying to get revenge on whoever kills Joe. I'm literally in the middle of downloading it, don't want to waste the effort on it if you're telling the truth.

You really didn't know?
mafiagame.wikia.com/wiki/Lincoln_Clay

Why does he look like mark?

tfw I bought halo 4 Sometime after it was published. I sort of enjoyed the first playthru, but sometime later when I started second playthru, I played a bit and was like "this isn't very enjoyable" and started to play the original trilogy again.

THAT'S JUST A LITERALLY RESKINNED WHITE GUY

I want to sniff an Elite's bum

It's a race mixed goy. To make matters worse.

Ok, that explains why he looks so racially ambiguous.

He looks like a more cut Reggie to me.

Locke wasn't in Halo 4.

none of them

spotted the ethics cucks

Funny joke.

Buy used, don't get MCC it's a buggy mess.
Just buy H3, ODST and Reach used.

What?

Oh yeah because Bungo never did the 2epic4U bullshit…

Well really besides reach they didn't, but considering Reach was the "Our boss broke his NDA and told us that Reach is the last one we get to do before they take creative control from us" I can kind of forgive it being a bit heavy as far as expanded narrative goes.

Kinda hard to say, if my fuzzy memory allows it then its CoD: Finest Hour

Don't shitpost if you don't know what you're talking about

Aren't they supposed to be in charge of running the household or something when the men are out warring? The only female covenants that i remembered that were actively participating in combat is some Jackal shipmistress from Contact: Harvest i think? I dunno its been awhile
I like the fact that the role of Fathers in Shangheilli is absent but taking its place is the doctrinal way of life for the males. The way the put honor of one's lineage and ancestors into their own school of thought are a dead giveaway that these fucks don't mess around when they're fighting not just to give their life a meaning, and to bring glory to their own kin.

Why does Reggie looks so cool

Yeah, that's how their society is. They've also got this tradition of not knowing their children, and have them raised collectively by their clan I think.
Now, if only they would actually show what female elites look like instead of just leaving it in an anime spinoff episode.

Legendary isn't as random as it appears. For instance in the very first section of the game they aim squarely for the center of Master Chief and not his head so you have to hunker down behind the center cover.

Halo is called Destiny now and it still sucks.

Halo: Shadow of Intent
one of the last book written by the head writer before he moved to Destiny and subsequently fired because activision

Reach's popularity has declined but I can still usually find a hundred people or so on my chosen playlists.

Its the only backward compatible game I always have installed on my Xbox One for this reason.

The "random" bit I'm talking about literally comes from the enmies spawned. The number and tier of the elites spawned in legendary are fairly random. Outside of certain scripted events, the enemies you get are genuinely random.

About time.

Time for temporary thread derailment.

Lincoln is the second best ending for Mafia 3, the first being Vito, but you all should watch what happens when Queen Nigger wins.

Who would want to do anything other than give everything to vito?

Oh no, not the franchise who fucked up the FPS genre with regenerating shield health and two weapons limit

checked for truth

Goldeneye

Thanks for having me watch 27 minutes of absolutely nothing of value. There's nothing silly or ridiculous that comes from giving her every district, it's just another portioned specific ending.

Double post but seems someone ported/modded Halo 1 anniversary edition with extra weapons , enemies and levels onto pc.

Played the first one recently and to be fair I don't see the appeal.

I wish they did it but it would piss off the Bungo fans even more.

The CoD shit started on Reach with the armour abilities (if I was honest I would even say that it started on Halo 3 with the shitty equipments). H5 fixed most of the issues of H4. H5 mistake was to cater to muh esports/no fun allowed retards.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft. RoosterTeeth think of themselves as great directors and writers but the best seasons of RvB were the first ones where it was all about having fun.

You ever wonder why we're here?

Microsoft weren't going to tell bungie they were going to rip the franchise out from under them?

i bet halo custom has more players right now
the way it should be

hexen

I just want to play the Halo 3 campaign on PC and be done with it.
Only 1 and 3 were decent games.

Doom in 2001/2002 from a friend that had an old DOS computer from his dad.
Shit was fucking ballin, he also had Wolfenstein which I played more of.
First FPS I actually finished was Medal of Honor Underground thought with Allied Assault right after.
Was addicted after that and started playing old and new releases alike.
Shame the genre is so shit nowadays that the best game that came out this year in the genre was a remaster of a 9 year old game.

Still waiting for that Serious Sam 4 Croteam you slavic fucks, you better deliver.

Gotta love this timeline I tell you what

what the fuck i love Microsoft now

Unreal Tournament. I used to sit on my dads lap and i'd control the mouse while he controlled the keyboard. Mom would get really mad because he'd leave the gore on. Those were better times.

Being a doubles advocate here, can you play it on mac and linux without using a windows emulator? If you can't it's a mircosoft exclusive since you have to have windows or an xbonex to play it.

Cuckchan memes belong on >>>/cuckchan/.
Besides the fact that its outdated as shit and used by goddamn Twitch.

user pls, just dual boot Botnet 7 after pirating it.

Just because you can pirate the OS doesn't mean it's not an exclusive.

The campaigns aren't anything spectacular, but the mutliplayer is quite fun. If you're playing the campaign, just play Combat Evolved and 2. If you have an Xbox 360 or, for some reason, an Xbox One, you might as well play 3, ODST, and Reach while you're at it.

Huh. I knew he was black, but it still seems weird to me.

2s campaign is fucking trash

Yeah, but you might as well play it from start to finish, and by that I mean ignoring all the events after 3.

Seeing as Microsoft and Bungie kiked enough to see Halo 2 and 3 by a fucking comic I don't think its worth giving 2 even the time of day, the only 2 good things about that game were the introduction of the Scarab and ODST.
Everything else is garbage or unwanted additions with maybe the exception of dual wielding and the Battle Rifle.

The narrative is awful and kills the premise of the Covenant and the Flood.
The gameplay suffers from horrible pacing and too many railrodded city sections and when it finally picks up once you're on High Charity by motherfucking teleportation magic it ends.

Sword and Invisibility are fun for about 2 minutes until you realize how fucking awful they are especially on the sections with drones which are just too fucking many.

I can't stand Halo 2, especially in comparison with 1 and 3.
Its a mix of everything that made the first one bad plus gimmicks and a shittier narrative with no subtletely whatsoever and Deus Exs up the ass.

It's a tough level even on lower levels you have to stay strategic and conserve your ammo while all those Flood-types are attacking you in various ways. The amount of adrenaline flowing through you while you're are switching between short-ranged gun to long-ranged gun to pick off the enemies before they kill you while you're seeing you're getting low on ammo and have to look for more somewhere in a desperate attempt to stay alive (and on multiple playthroughs you know you actually have to do this a whole lot longer and you're getting that uneasy and tired feeling as your ammo is completely gone and you are about to get the next wave.

I still think it's Halo's greatest level.

First one was Goldeneye which i played as a very young kid, wasn't allowed to play fps-shooters for a long time because of my parents so the first FPS-game i got was Nightfire and Medal of Honor Frontlines.

you really need to go back to gamefags

The only thing worthwhile there is that they don't want neofags on their forums. The only reason to use the site is if you're stuck on some obscure old game.

what a fag

I remember being a wee lad 12years old without Windows Vista™ and manually installing halo 2 on my pirated XP and having to come up with workarounds for all the resulting crashes. It was a real bitch to beat the high charity level because it would always ctd after a certain number of enemies died, I don't think I had enough RAM at the time. Sad to see it die

I remember being 10 and playing some racing game on windows 2000 but I didn't have enough ram so the entire world was this flat, pulsing yellow placeholder and the actual world would render about half a car's length in front of my car. So basically I memorized every single track in that game because if I was going to try to beat it by reacting to the world popping in it would be impossible.

Reminds me of playing KOTOR for the first time. The video card/driver was crap and as a result the game was entirely white untextured polygons. I think my dad updated the drivers or something, because I remember playing it normally afterwords. I ultimately ended up playing the Xbox version the most though.

Goldeneye or Perfect Dark. I don't remember but I got them both at the same time.

Halo 4

Halo 5

Of all things, the Halo mod for Sins of a Solar Empire is one of my favorite games. The whole thing is really, really well made and polished and they struck a cool gameplay balance by having humans get no shields and fast ballistic weapons and having Covenant get LOADSA SHIELDS and slow energy weapons. They also did a great job on voices, sound effects, menus, the works. Overall one of the most solid total conversions out there for Sins.

TBH I wish they made a spin-off with the Infinity. Some kind of 4X game.

Good riddance.

I could have been moved by Cortana's death if they handled it properly. I cared about Halo enough, I liked her in the other games, and I've been known to care about inhuman characters more than other people. And I loved the stuff about rampancy in the bungie books. But instead of making her, you know, a computer brain that's going insane because it's forced to delete bits of its own memories and personality as it grows too large for its storage, they just made her a pissy 3DPD on her period who I was glad to see gone by the end.
The only part I really remember about Halo 4 is the trench run in the jet, because I had been slogging through that game hating everything about it, and suddenly I was having fun and whooping over the voice chat as I screamed down a starfox-esque rail shooter flawlessly while my dumb friend repeatedly crashed. It was also the only memorable part of the soundtrack.

Halo 5 I can't even tell you a single thing about it besides the comical "fight" when Locke and Chief meet. It's utterly forgettable and while the multi has some redeeming aspects, it's not even Halo anymore.

Bungie considers Halo 2 a massive fuck up they're even surprised they managed to finish and ship with all the issue it had

Weren't all 3 games supposed to be one at some point? Or was that just 2 and 3?

I think Halo 2 was supposed to be 2 games with arbiter/chief storylines and it got combined into one and cut significantly down to the point Bungie thought it was a failure, but fans still loved it. Dunno about 3.

Releasing the revamped versions of 1-3 on PC for me to pirate as just something to keep my mind off suicide would be nice of them to do. They won’t ever do it, though.

What the fuck is that?

The reason they're shit is because those levels were copy pasted a million times because they needed to pad out the game and didn't have enough money or time to actually make anything new.

In an interview they likened the launch of Halo 2 to successfully landing a burning plane that was missing a wing.

I'm with stupid.

None of them.