When was the last tine you played an arcade machine?

I'm not talking about arcade ports, or firing up MAME at home. I'm talking about a game put onto a machine that is designed to be put in a arcade (Although sometimes put into movie theatres and bars and gas stations).

Come home to SS11 and buy some PCBs.

The last time I've actually seen some arcade machine in a bar is several years ago, and then it was some cruddy quiz machine thing. They just don't have 'em in Europe anymore outside the big cities. I really wish I could play Dariusburst Another Chronicle with its big-ass arcade cabinet one day.

4 days ago….i needed my house of the dead fix

My local cinemark still has arcade games. I dont remember if it was Guitar Hero or Fruit Ninja, but it was one of those two. I didnt even know they ported ios games to arcades now. Fuck, I'm getting old.

I can't actually remember to be honest.
I wanna die.

few months ago playing time crisis 5, not a big fan of the double pedal mechanic

Must've been like 5-6 years ago. Played a Terminator on rails shooter with some friends, it was pretty fun.

I have the chance to play lots of classic arcade machines at PAX once a year. I make it a goal to get the top high score in Galaga and Tempest before I leave the show floor.
Everyone there is a filthy casual so it's usually really easy to achieve.

Been a long time, I do own Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands for the PS1 that plays on my PS3 just fine and that comfy sonofabitch has been fun for decades.

About five years ago at a go kart track… I had a job then..

About half a year ago, maybe? My local barcade has an acceptable collection, it's just that the prices suck.

It has been a few weeks but I have a decent collection of PCBs I bought up before they all became expensive and seem to have all but disappeared and suddenly become "rare" on the internet. I am slowly repairing some pcbs and replacing cabinets. I hope to be able to open a small arcade eventually as a side business in my small college town.

end it

July of this year, small pizza place in rural Kansas. Had an Outrun cabinet.
The one place I’ll never forget is the Godfather’s Pizza that used to be in my town, they had Final Fight and Soul Edge Calibur cabinets.

Two or three years ago at a small convention in my city. There were a couple SFII machines and I played some games against an Asian guy in his 40s or 50s and had my ass handed to me.

About two hours ago. Fighting games are fun on a cabinet.

I tend to play Guitar Hero Arcade whenever I find one, have time, and some spare cash. Other than that, probably the first (And last) time I went to Dave & Busters a few years ago. Fuck that place. Expensive and loud as hell, with 80% of the games being utter trash. Why are there no good arcades anymore?

I played San Francisco Rush 2049 a few weeks ago at the local Pizza place while waiting for my order.

Probably like 10 years ago. It was either some Metal Slug game or Pac Man.

A few months back. They opened this big "entertainment center" in what used to be a J. C. Penny's at a mall about a half hour from here. A good portion (maybe about 50-60%) of their machines are Japanese imports, and they also have those two-player fighter cabinets, Japanese-style crane machines, photo booths, karaoke bars, etc. But they also have some Western arcade games and Chuck-E-Cheese style ticket games. And food, pool tables, and a bowling alley for the normalfags who thought it would be a Dave & Busters-type deal.

Initial D is the fucking shit, even if my nip isn't good enough to understand any of it yet.

never
why would i even want to play on one? Not to mention that they never appeared in my country

1997, the last coin op of my life was Tekken 3. Got a PSX afterwards.

Arcades are more fun then you would think. It's hard for me to explain but it's fun.
Where are you from?

Poland, in fact i only seen them on old swimming pool but never bothered to use them
Nowdays you can see them in hipster pubs and clubs but fuck me if i gonna go there
Also im too jewish for spending money for the ability to play 5 minutes

Because videogames were invented to be played by a crowd of noisy kids. Consoles brought isolation and the shame of being loners, but originally all those loners were a rowdy crowd at the local arcade.

Wtf im reading

Yes im sure early vidya on computers were tottaly a social activity for the whole circle of friends not a bunch of programmers having fun in their basements

I hope you're baiting, beause this is retarded. Arcades had hardware that was at least a couple generations ahead of consoles available at the time, that's why videogames history up to the early 90s was made in the arcades.

Fixed for you

Arcades were dens of drug addicts, child predators, and gang members. If anything, home consoles made video games respectable - if infantile.

Just a few months ago and i played Time Crisis 5
Also Time Crisis 2 / 3 is still the best
I really miss Metal Slug, its been awhile since i played the OG version (the arcade version). The last time i played the series on arcades was 10 years ago and it was the worst one in the series, the censored version gives it more personality to ye old me back then for some reason

Ayyy muh nigga
Ever played that Aliens shooting game or that 'tacticool' shooting game by any chance as well?

Within the last couple of weeks pretty much at all times; I frequent a barcade within walking distance from where I live and they have a good selection of classic games.

As for modern arcade cabinets running recent games, maybe twice a year or so at conventions.

Over a decade ago.

5 years ago at a theater. Had a Raiden II machine that I would have played the shit out of, if the joysticks hadn't been busted garbage.

I work at one, so anytime I want really.

I'm really attempted to start collecting STV games.

last "arcade" I went to was a dave & busters, solely because they had 8 daytona cabinets and I was shocked at what I saw. 8 with plasma screen displays, all of which had burn in, 6 of which had massive cracks, all stretched to 16:9, 5 of which had totally malfunctioning cockpits.

I was stunned at what was being peddled and repulsed.

I have played other light gun games like Ghost Squad but not on the arcade, that was a lot of fun actually despite the wii remote, very fast-paced, close to losing health at all times but not too punishing. Time Crisis 2 and 3 are still the fucking king of light gun games tied with House of the Dead series. There's also POINT BLANK as another nice light gun game.

I have one of those jama machines in my gaming room, usually never play, but played the day before yesterday, because my kid likes to play Marvel SH a lot, so i thought it would be cool to learn some Wolverine combos…But i am not my old self anymore and can't synchro nicely…most because i paid to a guy to remake the top of the arcade, and bought all new buttons, so the thing is kinda hard to press…Shouldn't have done that…

Either Tekken 3 or House of the Dead. The Tekken 3 machine is gone now and I don't have the time or patience to 1cc House of the Dead.

a few months ago at some random arcade in NJ

Like five days ago faggot. What's it to you?

A couple of weeks ago, but all the Timezones around Perth don't seem to have any lightgun games anymore. It's all iOS ports, poorly mainained driving games and stuff for earning tickets.

This summer at an amusement park
They still had a Time Crisis ¿4?, a TC ripoff about the Desert Storm and Silent Scope, which me and a bro played for a while.

A few years back when I went to japan. Played a bunch of Virtual On, Virtua Fighter 5:Final Showdown and KoF XIII

Last year. The only arcade machine I know about in the area was in an old pasta/pizza restaurant.
It had Pacman and some hunting game I never liked, they closed last year and I'm still sad about it.
Fucking good lasagna, pacman, and baklava all in the same place. Gone.

Earlier this year. There's a Jillian's/Dave&Buster's not far from me.
Played Time Crisis 5, The Walking Dead, and Operation Ghost. Also played Razing Storm which somehow managed to feel inferior to Crisis Zone. Same deal with the new Jurassic Park compared to the original Lost World, which is strange considering that Raw Thrills also made the Walking Dead. There was also a Luigi's Mansion cabinet but since I haven't played the original I was admittedly struggling.
The location I went to still has MoCap boxing yet they saw fit to get rid of both their Police 911 and Police 911-2 cabinets years ago, a decision which bothers me to this day especially as I never finished playing the second one. If I had the cash I'd probably hunt 'em down and buy them myself.
In keeping with the ticket redemption theme that most arcades have focused on in order to stay afloat, almost all of the new cabinets are based on mobile games ranging to a relatively simple plasma screen and button for Flappy Bird to some pretty neat designs for Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, and Plants vs Zombies. I was probably most impressed by a Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots table next to the air hockey, especially considering the robots are around 4 feet each and their feet are at waist level.
The only other thing I really wanted to play there besides the shooters were a pair of Star Wars Battle Pods but they were occupied every time I looked.

Dream list off the top of my head:
RE: Code Veronica and Silent Hill arcades
Lethal Enforcers 3
Nesica Live in the United States as long as I'm dreaming

I still smile on the inside when I remember that the GameWorks in Tempe closed a couple years back not long after that Sandstorm cringefest with some Smash autist.

was it here?

Last weekend

I went to one arcade about a month ago since they had Japanese rhythm games, I wanted to play sound voltex and see how I liked it. However the arcade is like a half an hour drive. Without traffic. In the La metropolitan area.

I assume you're talking about Round1. God, I wish one would come near me. They're like D&B, but unfucked.

Never?

Yup, this exact one. I found it later flipping through a MAME dump, but couldn't remember the name now.

When will Sega finally give us Magical Truck Adventure 2?

What?