I'm thinking about either playing the Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank series next. Are the HD collections decent?

I'm thinking about either playing the Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank series next. Are the HD collections decent?

Which series should I go for first?

Also which series has the most replay value?

I haven't noticed any issues with either of the HD collections.

Ratchet and Clank.

Only issue in the Sly collection is the audio de-syncing somewhat durring the parrapa style music battle. Still pretty easy to do visually.

>>>/vfur/

Sly's is the best, Jak's was alright, and Ratchet and Clank's were the worst, when eating how well each was ported.

If we're talking about game quality, I'd switch Jak and R&C's place.

They're ok. Go for Sly first.

If I was trying to disguise this as a furry thread do you think I would have used the cringiest picture I could find?

So should I just go emulation with the R&C series?

That's what I'm getting, especially if it doesn't have as much replay value.

I think you need some kind of NSA supercomputer from the future to emulate them at full speed

There's some off models, especially with Ratchet's armor in 2 and 3. And there are moments that make it obvious the game was made with the 4:3 aspect ratio in mind. Best way to play those games is on PS2, but the HD remakes are serviceable.

Yes?

Sly 1: A platformer disguised as a stealth game.
Sly 2: Stealth is closer to the traditional sense and way more variety. Almost a completely different game. Can play as side character
Sly 3: They went overdrive with the side characters. I never got that far into it.

R&C 1: Closest to a platformer in the series. Gadgets come up way more.
R&C 2: Weapons upgrade when you use them more, controls are better. Way closer to a shooter than a platformer.
R&C 3: Went into absolute overdrive with the weapon upgrade system, weapons upgrade 5x with a super upgrade at the end. Each upgrade adds shit like lockon, or unique bonus'. Rarely just numbers.

People say R&C 2 is the best in the series but it is personally my least favorite. It feels like everything they added got fully fleshed out in 3.

Also funnily enough R&C 3 has a sly cooper 2 demo in it if you hold down all the bumper buttons at the start menu. So you could try R&C 3 and sly 2 at the same time.

Don't get the Jak & Daxter collection there's a borderling game breaking bug in 2 and 3
Ratchet & Clank have Visual engine errors in the collections but it's mostly ignorable, issues with the old Alpha system being coded differently
Sly Cooper is the least "changed" from the originals in the collection. and finally.
JESUS CHRIST, WHY IS SLY THAT THICK IN THE HIPS, IT'S LIKE A FUCKING OVERBLOWN BOWLING PIN

Make sure you play Deadlocked along with the other 3 Ratchet games. The HD collections for both of these aren't particularly great but they're serviceable. PS2 is definitely better.

I don't think it works in the HD collection unfortunately.

Works alright with me and my 4GB Vram and i5.
Just turn on the right hacks for the textures because by default PCSX2 doesn't properly scale them.

Sly 1 HD has horrible audio balancing and it ruins the music. It also has janky physics and can make the platforming a lot more slippery than on PS2. They also removed the unlockable dev commentary mode, which is fucking gay as shit. Sly 2 and 3 HD are fine.

The remake of Racthet and Clank sucks dick, play the original games instead on a PS2.
My intuition tells me the same about Sly, but I don't know.

How was Thieves in time?

The Penelope twist was weak.

What do you mean by remake? The "remake" on PS4 is just a totally different game and seems like utter shit. The HD collections for both are generally okay, worse than PS2 but not too bad. I do think that Sly 1 HD had some pretty bad audio problems but the other games, though, so it's the worst of them. Deadlocked had some issues with stuttering and clipping in cutscenes, too.

Pretty good. The twist was poor as already pointed out but otherwise I thought it was on the same level as 3 (so a little worse than 2).

I thought the HD of R&C played fine, just that some of the cutscenes broke (pupils sinking into eyeballs)- mainly on the first one.

I'd highly recommend Crack in Time- maybe the PSN game with pirates (it has story elements that fit between R&C 3 and Crack in Time, so at least watch the cutscenes on jewtube).
Don't get into the Nexus. Gladiator/Deadlocked is OK as it's own thing, but you might find it gets stale fast. The PSP games are not needed to enjoy the story, but I hear one of them was great and the other dire. The movie tie in/remake of 1 is certainly better than 1's gameplay, but you might not like story changes.

Mechanically it was just fine, but it lacked the charm of the first three games. It had Cartoon Network tier writing and the characters would never stop talking. The kept spouting awful quips during the gameplay. Even the nameless guards talked constantly. Like I said though, it plays just fine.

tfw no cboy dom ratchet bf

Does it have a conclusion? I heard it ended on a cliffhanger.

Nope, it leaves off on a cliffhanger and I doubt we'll ever get a conclusion.

The final boss is a quick time event.

There's a nice section before that lets you make use of all of Sly's ancestors. The team was short on time and had to decide between having the section with the ancestors or an actual boss fight that would have involved Sly's costumes. The ancestors were a more interesting mechanic (and more unique to the game) so they went with that. Still a shame they couldn't fit something a little better than QTEs in though.

tfw

I just assume Sly stays trapped in Egypt and becomes his Egyptian ancestor.

Pretty good
It's a shame it'll probably be the last in the series

It's good but maybe the only time I thought a game was so easy that it significantly detracted from my enjoyment of it.

Ratchet on PS4 is okay but it is one of the lesser entries in the series. It has enough different to count it as its own game, but also a lot of stuff that is straight out of the original. The problem is that the new stuff isn't as good as the stuff that was in the original but not carried over to the remake. it's missing levels and the new levels aren't as good. The upgrade system is better and everything, but I miss a bunch of levels. Still worth playing though.

You have terrible opinions. Not recommending Tools of Destruction but then saying to get the standalone DLC that is Quest for Booty (which is okay but why not get the actual full game that it's basically DLC for?).

Into the Nexus is fucking awesome. It wasn't sold as a full game, it was marketed as if it were another standalone DLC, but it was really good and had nearly as much content as a main game. it's also the finale of the whole series before the remake, and is as close as you're gonna get to an ending. The last level works well for that.

Deadlocked is a pretty good shooter spinoff but it is a spinoff. Definitely worth playing though. It's the original devs. The PSP games are both good, but the first is very short, because it's an early PSP game. Secret Agent Clank is way better but Size Matters is still good. All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault are both okay but again are spinoffs. Full Frontal Assault was also sold as a budget game and came with downloads for a free Vita copy and Deadlocked on PS3, so if you can get it for the $20 or whatever it was sold for new, it was totally worth it.

There's a tv show coming out so they'll probably do a new game eventually.

i don't understand

Cuntboys are an okay fetish. But only if they're twinks. Then I can pretend they're just tomboys, which are top fetish.