He still games in the Third Dimension

When are you plebs going to finally ASCEND and join us real gamers in the fourth dimension?
There's no point in 3D anymore, since all the kikes have ruined it, but jews can't into 4D Holla Forums. Come and A S C E N D.

Other urls found in this thread:

libregamewiki.org/4D_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

real question though, how would games work in the 4th dimension?

They'd be able to project into 3D as easily as we project 2D.

computers have absolutely no problem rending 4 spatial dimensions. This video more or less shows what adding a 4th spatial dimension. A lot of games do stuff with a 4th spatial dimension, just with a very large quantum leap between spaces on that 4th dimension, so you only have to consider two/three points rather than the whole gamut of a dimension. Platformers especially do it. "Press f to phase shift and then you can jump on these platforms or to pass through these other platforms."

I found a list.
libregamewiki.org/4D_games

art software uses 4 dimensional shapes

3D is bad enough, why the fuck would I want another dimension on top of it?

Why settle for just 2D when you can have twice the 2D?

I get the logic but your math is wrong either way. So, by that logic with the correct application of math, then 3D contains 2 2Ds and 4D contains 4 2Ds.

and i think i fucked it up too, in that 3D would contain 3 2Ds

I've been starting to interpret time as a spacial dimension in itself; that matter is always transient and can only go in one direction through it. Every moment being like a frame on a film reel that we can refer to in the spacial point presented as a time code.

Isn't 4D virtual reality?

No, in this case, 4D means four spatial axises: Height, width, depth, and a fourth axis that doesn't really have a name 'cause that's not something we normally deal with.

I thought the fourth axis was time?

Opinions on eversion?

1D games have better waifus tbh

>>>/cuckchan/

Its true
Flat is justice

Four spatial dimensions + time.
You'd have eight degrees of movement: up, down, left, right, forward, backward, and two other directions that don't really have a name, but let's go with in and out for now.
While time could be treated as a fourth dimension (with directions time & anti-time), the goal here's not time travel, but trippy geometry.

Pretty spooky, but it gets the concept right, going forwards or backwards between 2D planes where a 4D game would involve movement between 3D spaces.

No such thing as 4D. Its always 3D. 3DOF. 6DOF includes pitch yaw and roll.

I know what you're getting at, but this thread's trying to focus on games attempting to perceive and simulate 8DOF - four degrees of translation (surge, heave, sway, untitled fourth direction) and four degrees of rotation (pitch, yaw, roll, untitled fourth rotation), albeit projected in 3D, as we're not capable of perceiving anything beyond 3D.

Yes, it's not physically possible, but it's not mathematically impossible, which is all that matters as far as a computer's concerned.

The fourth dimensional directions are 'ana' and 'kata'.

This sounds like it would be absolutely miserable to play

isn't kata with a c? like cata?

But that doesn't even make sense, nigga. 4D isn't 2 x 2D unless the unit vectors form a complete independent basis. Basic linear algebra, son