Game Mechanics you only found out near the end or after finishing the game

What Game Mechanics took you right before or after the end of the game to find? I didn't know that you create a Chao by throwing eggs at the wall until the last visit to Chao Garden

No, you wait for them to hatch, or speedup hatching by shaking them, you imbecile. You hurt them by throwing eggs.

I didn't give up my shield and lock on crutch in Dark Souls until S&O. I also didn't realize there was different rolls until that point. But to be fair, I did go in blind for most of the game.

I had no clue you could dodge in MGR until I got stuck at the Armstrong fight on Revengance difficulty, I don't know how anyone was supposed to figure out "Offensive defensive" meant dodge.

I only discovered Shield Combos in SotN on my second playthrough

I was the opposite, I didnt know you could lock on at all
it was especially hard since I was using spears
same game I didnt know about the armor piercing mechanic on crits OR the one on thrusting swords until after like 3 or 4 playthrough

And i was using a keyboard my first playthrough. Guess how i felt when i finally got to try DS on a gamepad and realized that difficulty i was loving was my keyboards self crippling.

I didn't know you could remove 2B's skirt by holding L3 and R3. I spent the entire game looking for the skin where she didn't have the skirt, only to find out on the internet I could remove it by self destructing, later.

I didn't realize that demons souls had a lock on at all until i used another controller that had a not busted r3 button and clicked it by accident. I dont quite remember where I was but it was after dragon god. Getting to that point as a royal with a spear almost made me give up on the game. Sure got easy as shit afterwards though.

I played Sonic Advance 3 and I didn't know that if you used the tag action in the air, something different would happen. I also didn't know that knuckles could be used to break walls in the game so I couldn't get all of the Chao, thus all the Chaos Emeralds and thus I never saw the final boss.

I actually beat the game without using a lock on system, since the game never tells you how to lock on (to my knowledge), in addition to it being tied to pressing down an analog button. Very odd choice

I didn't know how to unlock monster jobs in the Dragon Quest VII remake on 3DS until the end.

Same. I thought self-destruct would actually kill you, like the name implies.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - I didn't know you could "shield bash" to counter attacks until the very final boss fight, where he was kicking my ass. I had to learn on the spot, then and there, but once I did, I finally pulled it off and beat him once and for all. It felt so rewarding.
In my second playthough, I started using the shield bash more often and oh my god, I've been missing out on such an intregal part of the game. Making bosses that I otherwise found difficult (because I chose to dodge instead of counter with the shield) in the first game much, much easier. It's so satisfying now in the Ghirahim fights where he does that attack where he rushes directly at you at high speed, only to be stopped dead in his tracks by your shield.

You gave me an idea for a second run.

Same shit happened with me. The game doesn't throw you enough unparriable moves to make you realize other options are also viable, so when I reached Armstrong I got thoroughly fucked.

Gets severe when you fight as Sam and his parry isn't worth shit and he's all about dodging instead. I guess these fuckers and their constant grabs and shit were SUPPOSED to encourage you to dodge more, but damn.

I only discovered how to change the bullet type in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided during the breach mode tutorial after I had already finished the game. I must be completely retarded.

It took me over a decade to find out Megaman 7 had a shop menu.
I beat the game a million times without ever buying anything, I even had a ultimate password that gave me all the items you could buy at the shop and I had no idea how to get them without the password. I think I rationalized them as being password only items that you needed to know from a magazine or guide.

Next time be less retarded.

There are consumable items in Xenoblade X.
They are only available for online missions and I pirated the game so I couldn't get them either way.
Still took me a while to find how even use them after I learned they exist.

Locking On to enemies in Hotline Miami

Didn't know star wars BF had a first person mode after I sank 1000 hours into it.

In Sonic 1, I misunderstood the "boss fight" where the water is rising. I thought you had to follow Robotnik closely enough to be able to hit him and beat him, not merely stay out of the water so I kept getting hit by things and eventually dying. I never got to Star Light Zone as a child.

I didn't know you could catch Credo's spear, or that Nero's DT animation had invincibility frames until well after I beat the game on DMD.

In Ninja Gaiden 2 has this one boss that cases has a massive self destruct move that takes up the whole arena when you kill it. it kills you in one hit, to survive all you need to do is block it.
I some how beat the game without knowing this so on another play though I got stuck on this boss because I didn't know to block the move. To make things worse you fight 3 of these things, So I was able beat the game knowing to block the move 3 times but then forgot that I did.

Ask me how I know you got that game second hand. Also the Black Belt's fists were a glitch.

Too bad. I would tell you to restart but that game is so huge its not worth the aggravation.

you have to buy the move and it comes with a little video what the fuck did you think it was for did you ever even try it after you bought it?

Chaos frame.

The game forces you to lock on in the tutorial though.

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire: I played the whole game and didn't know you could strafe with the shoulder button.

Not knowing about the Defensive Offensive seems to be extremely common since i'v seen people say they didn't know about it a way too many times.
Tons of people give up when they get to Blade Wolf since they never learn how to parry properly.

>didn't find out you could block damage until long after I beat the game when I accidentally accepted the tutorial on a later playthrough

Upgrading weapons in MGR

Do you mean the original? It still kind of bothers me they took out cockpits in BF2.

there's no reason to use bullet types anyway since you can run through the entire game with just the taser

Flash Guarding in Ys Seven. The first playthrough I'm just rolling around dodging everything like it's fucking Dark Souls trying to kill the HP-bloated bosses, and I find out by watching a gameplay video that you can block literally every attack and deal bonus damage with it on top of recharging your EXTRA Gauge faster. The tutorial never fucking mentions it, I'd suppose at least PC players would figure out its existence by looking at the options menu, but in the original PSP version it's never even mentioned at all.

I didn't know that you could quickly swap weapons by pressing R3.

I got Dark Souls for PC, and every time I've tried setting up a different keyboard layout, the thing doesn't fucking change. It's absolutely obnoxious, and the control scheme is so absolutely awful that I just can't do it.

Who thought this was a good idea?

please just use a controller, even with the fanpatch the KB+M is pretty fuckin bad, its better then unpatched but still not good

these items don't even serve a purpose if you're playing it on an actual wii u now that miiverse is shut down.

Still the game was pretty easy with all the items you are given out in the wild

I also laughed everytime i saw a shop because i thought it was an inside joke

I didn't properly understand the skill system in Grandia until I accidentally found the list that tells you what level your weapons and elements need to unlock new skills while I was grinding to beat the Ruin Guard. Boy did I feel like a fucking dipshit when I found that out.

Megaman 2. Metal blades can be thrown in any direction.

I had a nearly opposite experience. Rather than properly mastering parrying, I found that Offensive Defensive allowed me to dodge most attacks adequately, while also doing damage, which seemed better at first. I also didn't understand how to take full advantage of blade mode (by not using the right analog stick) so I worked around a lot of enemies by sticking way too close and mastering OD's timing, which allowed bullshit dodges. No need to ever break Sundowner's explosive shield arms. Just infinitely OD around him in a circle and phase through the explosions you cause. I didn't understand that parrying was overall better until my second playthrough.

In Shatterhand, I didn't know that picking up the same sequence of emblems after summoning the droid would give you the SPESS SHERIFF armor, or that you could use the droid to lift you up in the air.

I knew what Offensive Defense was, but I could never activate it for some reason. I'm pretty sure it was the first upgrade I bought, but pressing X and A never did anything. I'm not sure if it's only supposed to work when enemies flash, but I never experimented to find out.

No thanks, it's easily my least liked DQ, there's just too much backtracking, I forced myself to finish it, stumbled upon the final boss and wrecked his ass in one try, didn't even unlock the hero class
Fuck me for trying to do a blind playthrough and missing out on a main feature because the game doesn't explain how you unlock them

Holding E to drink water in New Vegas. Went through all of FO3 without knowing it.

Didn't know that I could perform holds in DoA4. I just juggled and did bounds to prevent them from countering me.

Not quite until the end of the game, but I found the quartz mechanics confusing as hell until a few hours into Trails in the Sky. Something about how it was explained was really confusing and made me think it was completely different from what it actually was. It seemed far more complex than it actually was.

Several hundreds of hours into NV and I had no fucking idea that was a thing.

You get extra points for killing Robotnik in Labyrinth Zone, though, even though you don't actually need to. It still only takes the same number of hits. You can also beat him in Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic & Knuckles if you hit him 256 times.

But really, it's hard to blame people for it too hard, since the way "Man" is treated in super hero names changes from hero to hero in America alone, (Superman/Batman vs Spider-Man vs Iron Man) and Mega Man been officially romanized both with and without a space repeatedly, especially on box art and title screens. Japanese doesn't have spaces, which means adding them in an ambiguous circumstance like that is up to the translator's discretion, and a series that old will obviously have been through a lot of translators.

But Mega Man isn't even a translation, it's a (((localization))) of Rockman, a short sighted change that results in a whole bunch of names of other characters not making sense, since all the related robots are named after music except the main one. Plus it results in things like different games giving him different civilian names, like Mega, or just calling him Rock, or just dropping the concept entirely and replacing both versions of his name with Mega Man.

Only learnt as adult that you can farm the red eggs in Yoshi's Island by bouncing them off walls and then catching mid air. Makes the 100 score much easier to get.

I know that, but it still doesn't change the "man" issue, even if he was Rock in the West from day one. Is he Rock Man, RockMan, Rockman, or Rock-Man? The spacing would be a legitimate case of translation ambiguity, even without (((localization))) to cock it up.

Megaman
Mega Man
Rockman
ロックマン

I found out at the end of FEAR 2 that in order to do the slide kick you have to press run, then melee, then run again, which is fucking retarded. Run then crouch would make a whole lot more sense.

More on topic for the thread, I just remembered that I beat Battle Network 2 without knowing about Program Advances. That's what happens when you take turns making progress in an RPG between three people.

Holy fucking shit, you just saved me a lot of time. I just started NV recently.

You're supposed to tilt the analog stick more gently to walk slower.

I know that, but using the d-pad actually makes you move slower than if you just slightly tilt the analog stick. Using the analog stick alone will cause enemies to hear you when you get too close so the d-pad is necessary to remain silent.

its not necesary but i suppose it would make things easier, are you emulating? perhaps you analog's dead zone is too big

There is nothing acceptable about being gay. Faggots will be institutionalized or executed.

I've played the original game on the PS2 as well as the HD version on PS3. It's just a weird design decision to place the slower sneak ("stalking mode") on the d-pad.

I didn't think about using the A button until after getting 100%.

I only found out that I can upgrade my arts about 152 hours into the game.

I know a number of people who beat FEAR without knowing it had a bullet time ability.

(checked)
no its not, its a byproduct of child abuse and a sign of mental illness. Can you please stop trying to passive aggressively shoehorn your liberal politics into a discussion about video games? Now that that's out of the way, to answer your question: no. No I am not retarded and it doesn't take me forever to figure out basic game mechanics. Likely because I wasn't raped by a pederast as a kid :^)

I 100%ed Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z without strategizing about my characters or card placements at all. I just picked the strongest characters and put the strongest cards on them, instead of trying to build balanced teams with healing and such. I just got good at the actual fighting until I could beat the shit out of the enemies with the AI partners being cannon fodder.

Stop being an easily triggered Holla Forumsfaggot. That image was clearly posted because it's hilarious to see kids (as it was obviously made by a kid) mixing their autism with other topics. Plus, SJWs would say that pic is homophobic because it tells homos not to be flaming faggots and just act like normal people.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/

JUST

Cry harder, bitch.
We understand the purpose and type of the image.
Right, and it’s not okay for them to act in any way other than straight.

I knew about it, but didn't even try docking or rendezvous in KSP for several hundred hours of gameplay. It's pretty easy to just use more boosters on and never have to refuel.

FEAR had bullet time? bullshit

Fuck you and your identity politics, faggot. I just want to go back to pre-2010 before identity politics faggots invaded imageboards. Just because moot sided with tumblr doesn't mean you faggots didn't help ruin the site nearly as much as they did.

Then don't be a triggered faggot and let people enjoy things like we used to 10 years ago.

I had no clue you could upgrade your weapons in MGR until I got stuck on the first phase of the Armstrong fight on Revengeance.

Gas yourself tbh.

Nah. Not going to stop.

No, more like "you're triggered because you can't look at a silly deviant art absurd cringe image without sperging out about your politics."

Never said this at all. In fact I'd much prefer all you identity politics faggots died. Then maybe I could finally have my imageboards back.

>>>/tumblr/
See:
Just get out.

Don't you just love it when the goon busts out a VPN to try and cause interboard conflict?

In Shadow the Hedgehog you can plug in the second controller and another person is able to control your ally. That was for the gamecube version

Tapping the fire button in gta iv stops recoil completely

This also works in Sonic Adventure when you play as Sonic and are in a part of the game where Tails follows you. The only Sonic game where characters follow you but this doesn't work is '06.

You're triggered because you have to flip out over stupid shit that is posted because it's stupid and everyone is expected to laugh at it for being stupid

See: (You)
Exactly. Please, stop being. This is exactly the opposite of live and let live. I would prefer if your kind (identity politics obsessed faggots) didn't live. Maybe then imageboards could live again.

You could do the same with doppelgangers in DMC3.

You're right, but a Sonic maymay is not tumblr shit just because you say it is. You're the one pushing identity politics where there wasn't.

Tossing the egg at the wall was the first thing that I tried. Little fucker was born with a derpy face though.

What the fuck is wrong with you

I didn't know you could lock-in an enemy in Dork Souls. Spent my whole playthrough wailing on enemies and players with my back exposed, yet I still won every now and then. Now I can't play while locking in.

I thought they just shut down the Miiverse, not the entire online system.

Digits of the worst year

I knew about CQC in MGS3, but the inputs are complex and there's nowhere to practice it (just videos) so I only used it to KO enemies from behind. Beat the final boss with a handkerchief.

the fuck is that?

leftypol boardowner

Cuckchan is full SJW now you flaming retard.

WHAT??? You're kidding. How long have I been away for?

I wouldn't say near the end of the game but I had to both learn and master parrying right when I had to fight Monsoon. The little tutorial they gave really just went by me.

I didn't know you how to parry because the tutorial was complete shit and simply let you pass without being able to do shit. I then proceeded to jump my way out of every attack in the game until Monsoon when I finally figured out how parrying works by doing it by mistake.

I've never seen anyone substantiate this claim, I think it's just a smear tactic by Holla Forumstards.

The entire purpose of Monsoon's boss is to teach the player how important Parrying is, just like how the whole point of Sundowner's boss is to teach players how to angle cuts in blade mode properly. So when they get to Armstrong their ready.
Some how dumb asses still manage to learn nothing, and when they get to Armstrong they run away from those huge chunks of rubble he throws instead of cutting them, they then get no healing items and the boss is harder for them then it should be.

You can just not get hit in the fight so you don't need healing items then it's way easier to just run around the debriss he throws.

Oink oink!

Yeah, but do you expect people who don't know how to angle their cuts in Blade mode to be able to beat a fight without getting hit? The healing items are there specifically for those people, but they're too stupid to find them.

actual angled cuts are hard as fuck, it's easier, faster, and better every time outside of that one part in the armstrong fight to just aim with the left stick and press x or y for horizontal or vertical cut.

Sundowner and the guys with the left Arms exist for a reason. it shouldn't be that hard for you.

I somehow couldn't get the controller to make a diagonal cut no matter how I did it. I also remember watching him heal over and over and had no idea you could interrupt it.

I still beat him but forgot how at this point.

I didn't know you could change weapons mid-boss fights in Ys Origin until the fight with Dalles. In my defense, the game never really teaches you or makes it apparent how you do switch weapons (unless I missed a tutorial popup mid game)

I didn't know until I tried a no damage run that you can parry the giant debris wheel monsoon summons twice then cut it up in blade mode. Made that no damage fight slightly easier.

The first time I played Dark Souls I missed the depths entirely. Turns out the gaping dragon fight was pretty fun.

Holla Forums had a bunch of members doxxed a long time ago, but only a thumbnail of BO was saved and shared regularly. Pretty much everyone is certain it's him because of how quick he is to jump at deleting anyone and everyone who posts the webm on his board and comes out to deny everything when able.

Sage for off-topic.

I'm not the one saying a dumb Sonic maymay is tumblr shit, the other guy was. I was the one telling him to chill out over a fucking dumb Sonic maymay.

sage for offtopic

I didn't come to a fucking anonymous imageboard for identity politics, faggot.

I actually do it exclusively because I know it annoys you. I even typed Mega Man, but then I corrected myself.

I made it through the entirety of Nocturne without realizing that Tarunda decreased both physical and magic attack. In my memory there was a separate Makunda skill that decreased magic attack.

Nigger you just explained how that shit is retardedly counterintuitive and you didn't even realize it.

I didn't know how to arrange the orbs to give you different Arts until I fought Loewe. That's what I get for not reading the Bracer handbook, I guess.

I beat Shadow of the Colossus without ever jumping backwards from a ledge, or doing the jump attack. There was a tutorial in the beginning, but for the life of me I could never get it to work on a colossus so I just made the most of what little I got.

Did my first playthrough of Dead Space 1 without knowing you could run. Hoo boy.

I didn't know I could lock on or quick-throw grenades in MGRR until I watched that fat shit DSP do it, after I finished my first playthrough of the game.

I didn't know about stylish moves in Paper Mario TTYD until years later watching people play it on youtube. Its now my favorite game so there's that.

I completely forgot about Ki Pulsing in Nioh after the tutorial. Beat the game forgetting about it and the fact that I can get more than 8 item shortcuts.
Also

I finished Max Payne without bullet time.

Bullshit, they make you use it literally 5 minutes into the game

Try doing the same with F.E.A.R.
It actually makes game even more fun.

I went through Doom without running.I only discovered you could run when I got to Doom 2.

In Aquaria, you can use the spirit mode to absorb bullets and regain health.

Similar thing happened to me.
I cleared the first one when I was a kid, played TTYD much later.
When the thutorial for action commands came up on TTYD I just skipped it because I knew how it worked from the first game, block included.
I only found out about the B-counter years after clearing it, while watching a speedrun.

I'm the dumbass kid who got stuck in MAP02 from not knowing how to run, until someone showed me.

Dodge rolls work better funnily enough.

Didn't know you could bind armor and healing items to your number keys.

Being able to swich from the Stealth suit Mk II to power armor when you're detected. Also binding stimpacks/nuka cola/ etc for health makes the game so less inventory intensive.

Not really a Singleplayer game but, i only found out TF2's inner workings of crits, backstabs, and all that deep shit after maybe 2 constant years of playing. Since its around that time i start to open the wiki and the wiki has went Valve approved™
Either way, random crits are bullshit

*wont
Shit

In MGS2 when I got the katana only ever used the attack where you click the thumb stick to jab at people. I never once swung the sword except by accident when i brushed the thumb stick at the end of that part.

I played through the entirety of Resident Evil 4 without knowing that you could run by holding A.

Would have made this cunt a lot easier.

Nobody says Holla Forumstards but you, Holla Forums.

Are you one of those idiots who thinks you need to move the right stick from one side to the other, instead of just letting it re-center itself?

Feels good man

Is that better or worse than not knowing about the quick turn or blowing your money on upgrading every single weapon the moment it appears and then selling it when a replacement shows up?

In Thief, I didn't know you could listen into other rooms by leaning into the door until about a year later when I accidentally did it when playing a fan mission.

In Dust I didn't realise you could craft shit telepathically. Beat the whole game without doing it and only remembered it was a thing near the end.

Uncle Holla Forums forgets to take his meds too often.

I had the exact opposite, I only understood how parrying works upon reaching Armstrong and used offensive defensive to give myself iframes.

Offensive defensive clearly isn't made to avoid them, since you have to do it twice in a circular motion due to how fucking fast they turn to avoid getting grabbed. They require you to actually dodge them.

Only figured out how to equip and use mana eggs in Grandia 2 before the final boss.

Please don't tell me that's an actual scene in rogue one or something.

It does when you're low level.

I went through all of Magical Pop'n without using any magic like the kamehameha thing

Not that user but I wanna know

This one will make you laugh. I never knew you could illuminate the pip boy until my second playthrough of New Vegas where l just happened to be paying attention to the loading screen hints. l sunk a few hundred hours into 3 before buying Vegas On a somewhat related note l could never get the hang of wall jumps in SM64. I only managed to not spill my spaghetti when l picked it up again on emulator about 9 years later.

Not me but my friend didn't know that in ME1 when you are in that vehicle that you can zoom in with the gun to shoot vehicles from across the map.

In Xenoblade Chronicles I had no idea that skill linking existed and so I didn't know what the affinity coins were for, until near the end of the game.

There was so much I didnt understand about this game until I went back a couple years ago and replayed it, looking online on how to control the law vs chaos for each of your units and stumbled upon the difference between capturing a town and liberating it. Until that point I thought you captured neutral towns and liberated towns owned by the enemy. So much shit not explained in that game. I need to finish it.

I had no idea maxing out a weapon got you a fancy upgrade until a friend told me. At this point I was doing knife only professional runs.

I got through most Bayo 1 on climax without knowing what dodge offset was until I decided to read the lore books.

My friend Dylan (who died 2 years ago) got to Mendez without knowing you could run. What a dummy.

Yeah no.

And they suck. Blade Wolf doesn't require parrying, he's actually a hell of a lot more fun to fight without it.

It was, and I'm curious. Fire away.

I do not believe that.

not that user, but, the story that I heard was that they had not intended to include a martial artist class but then at one point during development another class (thief?) actually ended up doing more damage without weapons due to a bug and someone went (!) and that's where the black belt/master class came from

It's more likely they just aped DnD. Seriously, look at the monster list for FF1 and tell me it wasn't just a guy copying a Monster Manual wholesale.

In Sonic Mania I beat the Silver Sonic miniboss by trying to bounce the balls in midair. I got called a dumb faggot for not knowing you could spindash into them on the ground for 100% reliable hits

The button mashing part at the end of Sonic Colors DS is an almost non-interactive cutscene and you can beat it by just tapping them casually once a second. Not at all like Rush, which takes actual physical exertion to beat.

Also Mithra>Miqote or however you spell it just so we're clear.

are you me?

What.
I did not fucking know that.
I might have to go back

I beat both Bayonetta's on the WiiU without knowing about the dodge offset, taunting for magic power or how wicked weaves refreshes the score.
Getting Platinum medals on the PC feels so satisfying now

Holy shit that is such bullshit.

Same. There's really no reason to automatically think that spindashing into it would be the solution.

monk wasn't a class in dungeons & dragons though, it didn't show up until advanced dungeons & dragons (although AD&D existed at the time the game was made, so maybe)

there's actually a very interesting historical essay to be written about the effects of oddly-translated D&D books on early japanese video games because I suspect they are the source of many weird tropes in japanese games, like how kobolds are usually dog-like rather than lizards

oh absolutely, every single fucking day
although it really irritates me how almost no artists actually draw mithra correctly with fur, which wasn't represented very well in-game because LOL PS2 MMO but NPCs talk about it all the time

Wait MGS3 has a stalking mode? I've beaten this game multiple times and never learned about this.

I'm ashamed to say I beat the game without doing this. When Sonic and Tails said that I could customize moves using the R button, I thought they were referring to being able to switch your special attacks right before dropping in a match instead of in the overworld. I was wondering what I was doing wrong since the story made a big deal about Emerl being able to copy others moves along with Eggman's Phi robots (to a lesser extent)
Although I emulated the game at first, so I figured it might have been some kind of anti pirate protection or something being off with the rom or emulator.

The weapon switching in DMC1 is restricted to just Alastor and Ifrit and it makes Dante go through an animation that has no i-frames when using it though, so I found myself just sticking to switching through pausing.

You're required to do that for a mission in thief 2.

In Dragon's Dogma, simply approaching a rift stone will fully heal your pawns, you don't have to touch it, you don't have to enter the rift, you just get close to the stone and they glow green and get healed.
I did several playthroughs without ever realizing this. Now all those repairable rift stones in BBI make a lot more sense.

I didnt know you can turn into a demon in the Dark Messiah until the very last boss battle

The fur thing comes across a bit better in the pre-rendered artwork and I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in the manual since the wiki likes to CTRL-V official text.

You just need to stand outside the room. Leaning into the door just makes the conversation easier to hear.

To be fair neither do I and I understand the mechanics a little bit. It's honestly too much of a pain in the ass to do, especially in a cartoony game like that. You have to perfectly synchronize orbits, ensure you have proper RTS fuel and boosters. And then you have to sit there for a while and play with the orbiting mechanics and navball just right. And that's just the actual act itself let and clone the amount of planning and design you have to do to make a multi part mission like that even feasible let alone successful. Compared to just making a fuckhuge rocket with lots of fuel and boosters to do a straight shot

Indeed, not even Capcom could keep it straight around mid-90's, when spaceless Mega Man became a thing. The blame is solely on the fact that they began to use the Japanese styled logo here and there, which spells it as one word, when in reality, it is two. This one can't even keep its title straight to begin with.

Capcom couldn't license Rockman, because a game named that already existed on the C64.

In Japan, official romanisation of ロックマン is Rockman, as found in licensing information, but there has been few cases in magazines where he was called Rock Man, e.g. Bon Bon Comics. It would also seem like the Man of Action cartoon might end up being called Mega Man internationally, so there's that.

I didn't until the final boss, he was so fucking fast that I started to wonder why I had no one with some kind of Haste-All spell. I had just assumed that more of Orb Color X = better spells of that type.

I remember beating the game with nothing but pipe/baseball bat and dodge rolls. If not the entire game then the majority.

I didn't realize until recently an A press has three parts. I understand half A presses now.

When you first play through Deus Ex, you won't realize how useful some augs are. For example, the Aggessive Defense System may sound uninteresting, but max out that shit and explosive-using enemies will only succeed in blowing up themselves. Very handy.

>OP starts thread shoehorning identity politics into his first post
HeHeHeHeHeHe

the alt-kike fags from halfchan/pol/ is essentially r/The_Donald and /hwndu/ was proof. fucking nigger keep your shit straight. If you fags don't want politics in video games then stop trying to shoehorn your opinions on sodomy into everything you do. OP is an example of this cancerous faggotry. Its just like the furfags who constantly virtue signal that they are furries but act persecuted when someone tells where to stick it.

The lock-on in hotline miami.

huh, i got pretty good at hitting them in the air too

I always hated the chunks of rubble that Armstrong throws at you, especially on very hard mode (revengeance is easier thanks to the insane QTE damage). If you try to cut the rubble as fast as possible, there's always a chance the cut will fuck up, because you need to hold the direction long enough for raiden to ready the sword. I never realized this, so I'd try to cut really fast and the input would fuck up because I never held the stick long enough. It's kinda dumb because no other blade mode segment works like that, except maybe Sundowner's.

I don't understand how you three could miss this part. Literally the selling point of the game was that you had a robot that you could customize. The damn cards flashing every battle wasn't a red flag at all for you? Ever even wanted to check them out? Man, I don't get ya.
But still, funnily enough NOT upgrading Emerl is way more effective in single player than actually doing what the game wants you to. You can use the odd way the default, weak moves are coded to OHKO enemies over and over, more specifically charge up your Special or whatever meter until it's full, then use Air Shot at about the last one-two frames before Emerl hits the ground, and presto, you bypassed the Shot Defense mechanic and got those dumbass CPUs killed. The only three skills I think you absolutely need to win the game are the E-102 Stance (because it self destructs and the AI is dumb enough to stand next to you when you're dead), Knuckles Heal (because of that cushy Special bar gains) and Sonic Walk because you don't want to stand around like an idiot for the whole match.

As for me, after having played the game for three years straight (until I stopped at the F2P update) I still don't fucking get the rates at which the Medigun builds up uber in Team Fortress 2. I just can't understand what the fuck's going on with that weapon, I just learnt from banter in the TF2V threads that the crit rates for the Medic depend on how much damage his healed target is dealing, like the Engineer with his sentry gun, and it feels so retarded in a way.
Oh, and also, I didn't know that you could exploit the AI in Advance Wars in so many different ways other than APC baits and mech spams. Said new (to me) strats involve:

You wanna know a mechanic that you couldn't possibly forget or even oversee? A Flashlight. Try going through STALKER SoC without using a flashlight. But you find a helmet with Night vision, but that only works on helmets that have that feature. Cue getting an exosuit but having no Night vision. After going through the X-Labs, Underground and eventually the Sarcophagus, mannually adjusting my gamma and brightness each time I went in there, I got fed up with it. I literally asked "How the fuck is anyone supposed to play this game when its always this fucking dark!?" So I kept a helmet with Night vision in my inventory since I didn't know there was a flashlight. That was until after beating the game and then going through the controls did I find the 'Flashlight - F' command. Remember; always read ALL the controls BEFORE you play the game.

this was my first proper dmc so I didn't know lots of things. I discovered explosive trigger trying to button mash my way out of ice, but didn't know it did damage until it messed a showdown chance with creedo. I also had to look tutorials for dante because i couldn't finish his first mission(13?) on easy

You know how in Rocket: Robot on Wheels, you attack enemies by grabbing them and then slamming them into the ground? Well, I spent almost the entire game just running away from them. I thought the freeze ray was the closest thing to an attack in the game, until I accidentally stumbled across the slam attack in the last world before the final boss fight.

spoilers in case you want to play and discover these by yourself
>monsters in a family drop more or less the same stuff
>you can reset agro by saving and loading in the middle of a chase
>remnant skills, take shitloads of time to use but increase evasion rate greatly
>gaining exp using level V skills, redistributes the experience to other skills in the same family
>you can predict crit QTEs based on the weapons
>don't bother trying to do everything your first playthrough, there is too much content and a game plus

I did know what a dungeon crawler was but never connected the dots to nocturne, i just assumed the game design was shit outside of battles

I assumed 9s would be shit at combat, so i put 2b into aggressive mode, so i never didn't knew about hacking until the coliseum

Didn't know dodging until Armstrong either. I sat there for 3 hours getting my shit pounded by the fucking man until I somehow managed to learn how to dodge. I think I sat there for three hours trying to muscle my way through his health bar, but I think it added to the experience if anything,at least in making it memorable for me *although the music helped with it tol**

Actually that's more a reflex thing, because it's the shortest window of time the game could possibly give you. Running under the debris is the smart move if you actually rationed and have healing items.