The Switch is powering Nintendo toward a $1 billion profit

Why did the PSP vita never sold as well as the switch? How did a underpowered console like Nintendo switch became more profitable than Xbox one in less than a year? money.cnn.com/2017/10/30/technology/nintendo-switch-sales-earnings/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

junkfoodscience.blogspot.com/2008/10/first-law-of-thermodynamics-in-real.html?m=1
beta.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-justice-league-20171024-story.html
comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/26/justice-league-box-office-worldwide/
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/27/as-justice-league-nears-500m-7-ways-to-fix-dc-films/amp/
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/conjuring-2-spinoff-crooked-man-works-1012702
screenrant.com/conjuring-spinoff-the-nun-first-look-video/
bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3394420/5-warrens-cases-center-conjuring-3/
collider.com/pacific-rim-godzilla-king-kong-crossover-monsters-universe
archive.is/iD3an
exhentai.org/g/1147586/e1e534ba5c/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpei_Yokoi#Lateral_Thinking_with_Withered_Technology
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Primarily through mass market appeal yet again. It's like the Wii, but with the benefit of being portable as well.

Go away, ROB.

"Underpowered" consoles have always been the ones that succeeded. I think the wiiu was literally the only exception and it was mostly due to retarded marketing.

I always forget that this was supposed to be the Switch's main selling point. Why am I not even seeing NECKBEARDS playing the Switch in public?

During lunch breaks.

Because this is not Japan, you will get mugged for playing it in public

This
And at least the Vita had good games. So not really a failure.

Because its battery life is trash and the performance in portable mode is abysmal
also niggers

Because Nintendo is actually capable of making decent content that sells systems in-house?
Because they know there's a difference between a home console experience crammed on to a handheld and a game designed for a handheld?
Because Nintendo have been masters of using outdated technology to impressive means since the Game Boy (which was based on the NES which was a chipset already outdated when the NES launched) and know what portables are good for?
I'll give you a hint: A portable console isn't good for the movie-lite shit that Sony pumps out like Uncharted, The Order 1886, and the hallway shooters we've been deluged with the past decade and a half.

And now we see where that burst of bbw hentai came from around that time.

good

It’s a commercial for dieting tea. Fat feminists in the comments are crying oppression and fat shaming because Japan encourages women to get fit by using a 70s anime sex symbol like cutie coney to sale dieting products. Even though cutie honey always had a big ass for anime standard back than. Not until recently we started to see thicc anime girls become popular.

women don't want to better themselves when they see somebody better etc etc

My dick

idgaf about what they want to sell whom and how but Jesus flipping Christ no amount of ``````````````dieting" products will make you loose weight by just making an equivalent exchange of products, let alone actually fit.
It's just simple fucking thermodynamics, how does that not fit into people's heads

How does dieting tea works? Common tea alone, without sugar or anything else has almost no calories.

it works by getting retarded women to buy it

It doesn't.

If dieting tea works or not is irrelevant. What matters is fat feminists are getting triggered by a anime character losing weight. Women are actually getting jealous of 2D animated woman.

Because Nintendo isn't trying to get a slice of the "Ultra 4K graphics, elite 60 fps COD action" pie that Sony and Microsoft are losing to the PC market. Sets a precedent that games don't need to look pretty to be fun. That being said, Nintendo better start releasing some fun games and stop just porting their WiiU titles.

Have we memed to far?

The memory cards costing an arm and a leg, the generally mediocre software at launch, the cost of the damn thing thanks in part to the need to cram every little thing in despite a lot of the games not really requiring any of those features. (Touch pad at the back, touch screen, two cameras, custom memory cards, 3G, AR cards, gyroscope and accelerometer).
DID I MENTION THE MEMORY CARDS COSTING AN ARM AND A LEG?

isn't that the same shit with the switch where it only uses micro sd which is expensive as fuck and you base switch can only hold basically barely 1 game

We haven’t even MEME far enough!

Irony is. Nintendo allows third party memory cards that hold more memory than Sony cards but cheaper

The point's not exactly about the performance, it's about the bloody price. Even the more expensive SD cards don't approach the price of a PS Vita memory card.

Micro SD cards aren't that expensive, but they're more expensive than the bog standard SD card.

Oh shit, I uploaded the same image twice. Have the image I was meant to upload instead.

yeah that's more like it, the u1/c10 speed is pretty much the best you want without breaking the bank, but thanks to vita hacking you can use two micro sds instead of their memory cards although the psp one is very nostalgic

How many WiiU ports are there on Switch?

Base Switch has 32GB, which is enough if you're buying cartridges and avoiding some of the ridiculous third party games like NBA2K. A 128GB microSD can be found pretty damn cheap, even a class 10, if you look around.
The file sizes on Nintendo's own games are crazy small. Their optimisation is insane.

I've noticed it as well.
It's getting really silly, but it makes no sense to me. Not when there is no shortage of beta soyboys more than willing to provide for you just so they could say that they have access to a wet hole, no matter how ugly. To brag to others about and be better than all those "nerd virgins on the internet."

It's not like the two are competing.

You think even a desperate women, no matter how fucked in the head, would stoop so low to go for a fucking soyboy numale?
Women go on about men's ridiculous standards, but it's pure hypocrisy. Look at how women rate men on dating websites. Only 20% of the men are considered "above average".
When men judge women similarly, there's a proper bell-curve, but with women it's a sheer cliff wall. And what's more, depending on what they think he earns, varying the job title that goes with the description, can drastically change the score as well.
Women are superficial as fuck, even moreso than the men. So it's no wonder that feminine males end up projecting just as hard as actual women.
But back on topic I really want to try that Senran Kagura HD rumble game.

What you say is true, but it doesn't explain the constant attacks against 2D.
This is what I am interested in.

It's not like alpha chad is going to get a waifu and stop being interested in women.
Right?

"muh thermodynamics"
Get rekt faggot

junkfoodscience.blogspot.com/2008/10/first-law-of-thermodynamics-in-real.html?m=1

There are people with various medical conditions who can eat 4000 calories and not gain weight and vice versa.

And in many cases that's just a problem of bad gut bacteria. Do a fecal transplant and fat people drop weight like mad and thin people gain weight.

I’m virgin in my late 20s. Only recently started college. I gotten turned down by the marines twice. Yet I get hit on by college age girls all the time just because I am one of the few guys who has weight lifting arms. Future cake girls don’t want compete with student athletes high standards Girlfriends. But why should lower myself to girls who done nothing but mock me until mock until now? They created the mess. Let them live with it.

It'll flop like the rest of their recent consoles once the initial hype has passed.

They fear Chad will notice that 3D women are a scam.

Nice Holla Forums logic. Just like how spider-man homecoming and Wonder Woman will flop. Just like how Justice League flopping and will not Even make 500 million dollars. Oh wait? It breaking records in China. It almost like movie critics and journalists have a pro Disney bias or something? Never mind WB has two popular cinematic universes going on right now. The conjuring universe and monstersverse. Both made billions of dollars. beta.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-justice-league-20171024-story.html

comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/26/justice-league-box-office-worldwide/

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/27/as-justice-league-nears-500m-7-ways-to-fix-dc-films/amp/

And yet none of those movies actually made enough to be considered successful.

Are you stupid or a Holla Forums users? Just Four conjuring movies in with a total production budget of only $80 million and it has grossed over $1 billion worldwide. Decently rated by critics and audiences too. This is not even counting how much the future spins crooked jack and valak movie will make. The conjuring Successfully set up a cinematic universe where Ghost Corp and dark universe failed.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/conjuring-2-spinoff-crooked-man-works-1012702

screenrant.com/conjuring-spinoff-the-nun-first-look-video/

bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3394420/5-warrens-cases-center-conjuring-3/
collider.com/pacific-rim-godzilla-king-kong-crossover-monsters-universe

Not even fujos want to be with a feminine male. They'll talk about how great they are but it's just a passing fantasy for them, someone to entertain them while they look for a real man.

If you're a trap or a decent crossdresser it's even worse because you won't realize you're nothing but a fetish object for them until it's already over.

What? Justice League had a budget of 300 million not counting marketing, what the fuck are you on? Only getting 480 million back is abysmal.

As much as I wanted the DCU to succeed because I'm sick of safe as fuck Marvel movies; Justice League didn't do that good

Disregard, I'm retarded, you meant Conjuring

It failed because it's five years too late. Nobody wants super hero shit anymore. It's played out. None of these continuity heavy mega-franchises are going to succeed.

It's more likely they think the Chads are also interested in 2D. Oddly enough I work with a dude that's jacked, but he's also single and a turboweeb. I once asked why he's single and his answer was "I hate drama."

Why aren't you buying the official Nintendo Switch SD card goy?

Because I don't have to. More than can be said for Vita. Or rather could be said for Vita.

You realize shilling isn't an argument, right?

Come on.

Even then, the official NS card is cheaper than the Vita, but again you can use any card, unlike with the Vita.
One thing I am curios about, and a quick google search gave me nothing, is what happens if you use the Vita SD card with a Nintendo Switch.

The conjuring spawning new characters people want to see instead of telling people they want to see them. They are only ones doing the cinematic universe format right. A crooked jack spin off was never planned until he gotten popular

Because being Jewish and producing subpar products with planned obsolescence built in is ok when Nintendo does it.

You can't. Vita SD cards have different form factor, pinout, and other stuff, and it isn't known how to emulate the things. Even on Vita the only SD card adapters replace the 3G module or tie up the game card slot, and require HENkaku to mount them.

Because nintendo made the realized that their portables always solds waaaaaaaaaay more than their console counterpart, and that the wii was the exception not the expected rule to their console decline in sales as the wii u showed. Nintendo decided to cut their losses and go full portable in a way the rest of the world would find acceptable, (by being a glorified tablet with a heavy marketing campaign that it has a hdmi port). Also the fact the gimmick is the fact the console is a portable, and not motion controls or any other annoying bullshit that gets in the way of controls helps a lot. An interesting thing to point out is that their portables are also on decline too, although a much less noticeable one since they sell so much of them compared to consoles. The million dollar question is what will nintendo do after the drain the portable well dry. Granted that will take a decade or two for that to happen.

The Switch is the ONLY portable left. If you want to game outside the house there is only Nintendo.

So when you are the only one on the market the money will stream in.

On what games? Odyssey runs just fine.

A touch screen on a toster can become more profitable than the xbox of no games. It's not such an impressive feat. BTW, hardware means jackshit. It's about the games.

Even if the Vita is a failure, it has to compete with mobile games that are "free", addicting and shit.

It would have never been as successful if the Wii U's failure wasn't a major talking point in the industry for 3+ years and supplies weren't limited at launch. You'll recall how many people were on the fence last January until Breath of the Wild got rave reviews and reports of systems being out of stock went viral.

Wasn't there news about a converter which let you just use regular SD card for the Vita?

Rather than getting upset, I want a 2D woman to be my friend.

Dieting tea basically makes you shit like crazy, you have to use it on a day off bc you'll be on the toilet for most of it.

It basically is only usable once in a while like a cleanse but you'd need to diet and exercise to actually lose weight (the tea supposedly gives you a bit of a boost to weight loss)

Game Boy is a completely different chipset from NES. It's actually closer to Master System.

Maybe start making tablets and phones. Eventually with nfc amibos that can work with iPhone.

I've never tried picking up girls in trap mode. I'm really curious about that and would try it if I were single.

I dont know Holla Forums this seems to be a toughie.

But Nintendo haven’t released a Pokémon game yet

Holla Forumss usual contingent of anti nintendo goys are strangely absent.
ah.

What do you think is going to happen? They have announced it and already the thing is moving. If you think we have reached maximum volume we haven't seen shit yet. Everybody told me that they didn't know shit and that it was WiiU 2.0 but I knew they were wrong. The release schedule was rushed but the quality of titles on this console have made up for that. Now I am waiting on No More Heros 3.

Because Sony fucking sucks at marketing anything handheld wise and the release titles sucked and most of the market for the Vita was niche and they never did anything to capitalize on that
Imagine the shitstorm that would've occurred if they'd have gone the route of "we have uncensored games on the PS Vita while Nintendo…"
picture of Tharja's ass covered by a fucking curtain courtesy of NoA
"Yeah we'll let you decide"

Because Nintendo finally released another real console.

Ameriniggers are the biggest Nintentoddlers though.

The WiiU was real either you like it or not and it flopped maevelously

Because it's a good console with a big-name game being released every month for the past 10 months? In addition, it turns out that no matter how much XXXXXXX you stuff into your console name and how many niggerbytes you claim to have, it doesn't matter in the end.

The WiiU was just gimmick machine 2.0. The Switch is a real console with multi-plat offerings from the PS4 and Xbox One library consistently.

I haven't seen that since the GameCube in a meaningful way so I'm hype as fuck.

The GameBoy, NES and Wii want to have a word with you.

I'd rather jack off 2d perfection than fuck a roastie since they're now both equally easy.

Us nintendo fans will be the ones cutting apart burning alive the others. There is no other video game console that matters tbh.

user please

Time to face the facts faggot, they happened and they were shit.

You forgot the PS2 and literally every 8th Gen console nowadays.
They all have underpowered shit tier hardware and were sold at profit instead of a loss like every console before them aside from Nintendo ones which have been sold at profit since the N64.

Hi Cody

People are gonna buy the shit for BotW and Odyssey. ARMS and Splatoon are just extra boats of gravy

My issue isn't that
My issue is that he called them big name games.

Whats even left after Xenoblade 2?

I understand the case of Mario Kart, but what's with people saying Splatoon 2 is a rehashed version of Splatoon 1? Splatoon 2 packs a great new content to experience in both singleplayer and multiplayer modes, not to mention it's still receiving new content through free updates.

Just because Splatoon 2 reuses the engine and the physics of Splatoon 1 since it's perfect, doesn't mean it's a lazy rehashed obvious cash-grab.

If they're selling more than a million and a half titles they count as big name games imo, Splatoon 2 made that mark iirc
ARMS supposedly sold a mill which isn't bad, and it did get a noticeable amount of meme exposure thanks to Twintelle's ass. I dunno what the budget on that game was but it didn't seem that high.

Go to a college campus and that will change, I've seen at least 1 Switch a day since Mario came out.

People buy Nintendo products for one game. It's actually pretty sad.

It had good launch titles. A console is only as good as the games. Kind of like how bloodborne propelled the PS4.

It's a good system, I would just personally recommend waiting till Holiday 2018 mainly for the price cut. In terms of content, it's great. However, most of the content right now is ports. So you would want to wait for 2018 for the original content, hell it's started to come with Mario and Xenoblade. 2018 should be a great year for Switch.

The fuck mods? Why were his posts deleted?

Breath of the Wild is shit but it was marketed to skyrimfags so of course it sold well.

That's a rather stark generalization. It's just happened to be that way for Nintendo

I don't think Nintendo tries going for "underpowered" I think they go for "practical". Practical for developers and for their profit margins. The WiiU wasn't a total loss either just because it was so fucking cheap to produce. This may seem cynical, but I think Nintendos consoles are successful in-spite of Nintendo rather than because of them. I don't think they anticipated the "4K Ultra HDR X-TREME!" gamer marker to become saturated on the console side while PC eats into it. Then again, a similar thing happened way back in 2007 with the Wii vs PS3 and 360

All posts under his IP were probably just wiped

no shit, I'm asking why
He didn't seem to be shitposting, baitposting or breaking any rules

2D is all about the love. Except the 2D in dark or psychological anime/hentai that takes the worst aspects of 3D, fuck that shit.

Either you poop a lot or you lose your appetite for eating.

He might've been shitting up some other threads and the jannys are just lazy as fuck

He was.

Basically he was shitposting and was being a console war faggot in a few threads. I unbanned him since I thought it was a bit long, but regardless he was shitposting in quite a number of threads. so I decided to do a D* in the threads with repeat occurrences

Well the thing is that they're underpowered compared to the rest of the market. with that said I can kinda understand why they would do it in this case since the Tegra X1 was the more powerful chip in the public at the time, and that the pascal chip might've halted development due to the fact that the Tegra chips in general shifted focus from android tablets and phones to bloody automous cars. Mind you it was probably much most cost efficient to go for the X1 because it was a chip that was already on market, and the pascal chip would probably require much more R&D.

Don't you have to pay for online now for the switch? Maybe they finally pandered to the rest of the console audiences sensibilities to getting raped in the ass for funds.

Better question would be. How much bigger will the switch get after the new gen 8 Pokémon game comes out?

because they actually got exclusives worth buying a console for wich you will never find available on PC

it will be significant

I've seen a few people play them at the airport and on campus. When I was out of state visiting family the train we took was full of Switch ads.

Mark?

Yeah, I also saw a few of my younger cousins play odyssey. I think she's like ten.

and let me add to that
the releases for the swich were nothing out of the orfinary, in fact i would call them meh compared to previous years
so imagine how shit the industry is that even a meh year from the weakes competitor feels like an oasis in the desert compared with the line up of the other 2

Nintendo's greates strength is it's avility to not shit the bed as hard as their neighbours

:^)

Could you post more of that one, user? Asking for a friend

That's actually pretty sad. Makes me think on how fucked this generation is when compared to the Gamecube/PS2/Dreamcast era.

How much does it cost them to build one? It's so overpriced for what it is.

It makes everyone fucking sad and angry, it's why we're always attacking the industry rather than praising them. Video Games haven't progressed in years, hell you can argue they've degressed. It's gotten so bad in the west that you can't have sexualized ladies anymore, hell in europe and japan it's even worse since if you have a nipple or violence it goes into the AO equivalent. the ESRB are actually saints when compared to other rating boards.

$257 dollars.

More like nonexistent marketing. People kept thinking the U was a new Wii controller (showing the tablet thing before revealing the actual console didn't help). It was so bad that Nintendo had to make a commercial that went all-out in telling you the U was actually a new console.

It's a shit portable. Shit battery life and performance, besides it's way too big to be a decent portable while being way too small for a decent home console. It's in an ugly middle-state between portable and home console.
Another thing that fucking sucks about it is that Nintendo doesn't let you save your savedata due to 'muh fear of exploits' - you can only export it to a new Switch and this requires both to be present and in working state. Being a "portable", it means the system is exposed to risks of being stolen or broken to a point where it can't be used. Should that happen, say good-bye to all your progress.
(At the very least they finally stopped doing a retarded store system, which means your digital games are safe. Not the same with the 3DS or Wii U, though.)

I love my Vita, but the memcards are absolute shit, and part of why the system was so overlooked. To add to insult, the 'virtual' 1GB memcard could've been done in the fat model too, since there's about 2.5GB free in the NAND itself. System wouldn't even let you launch games if you didn't have a memcard, that sucked.
And there's nothing special about the Vita memcards - their performance is nothing spectacular. Using a HENkaku'd Vita with the SD adapter gives you the same performance, which means you can finally say 'fuck you' to Sony and those memcards (as long as you don't want to play a 3.61+ game).

GC, PS2 & DC gen were to the N64, PS1 & Saturn what the SNES & Genesis were to the NES and Master Sistem

On the other hand current gen is to vidya what E;T was to Atari

yeah the WiiU marketing was fucking terrible, they also tried to make games more family friendly because of their desperate push to attract the Wii crowd. With that said I wouldn't really call the Switch a shit portable, but then again I have a battery pack for multiple charges. The save system does fucking suck though, the worst part is that I don't think it's because of exploits. I think they wanna sell their cloud save system with their paid online service kinda like Sony and Microsoft does with their systems.

An improvement?

DEDICATED GAMING TABLET
E
D
I
C
A
T
E
D

G
A
M
I
N
G

T
A
B
L
E
T

but seriously, how much of it is from the switch and how much from the mobile apps sales?

This has been a thing since fucking video games existed, also the article itself is talking specifically about the Switch.

Remember when a redittor returned a switch with debug console enabled?
or the starcraft source code

MUH CCCCCCRRRROOOOWWWWWBBBBBCCCCAAATTTTTTTT!

Kill urself my man

Mario Run still was not "profitable" for them. It most likely made it's money back, but nowhere near worth the time they wasted on it.
Fire Emblem and Pokemon made money, but between paying DeNA and Google/Apple, the Switch is making them far more.

Never forget, user.

FUCK REDDIT

it says the switch is selling well but the billion profit is taken as a whole company

are you sure about that?

But user, there is >no< cloud save system. Nothing so far. If they added cloud saves like PS+ or Gold did then that'd be fine (it wouldn't be possible to exploit, even) but there isn't anything like it so far. The subscription thing will only be for online multiplayer so far.

They are obviously afraid of exploits. Nintendo can't into /security and pretty much every system of theirs since the GC has savefile exploits which ended up in getting pretty much absolute, total control over the system's poorly made client-trusted security (helloooooooo there, 3DS.)

in more ways than just the technical one
sure the SNES was more powerfull than the NES when it came to pixels, but there was also the fact that devs had alrready mastered the craft of 2D vidya and they had the perfect canvas to put it to practice
same with Polygons and 3D in the transition form the PS1 to the PS2
it wasn't just a graphical imporvement, you could tell devs had gronw and learned from the previus gen
can you say the same about current gen?

archive.is/iD3an
And if you don't like the source, you can just look up "Mario Run not profitable", twenty articles about it.

There is in their mobile games, they're just waiting to launch their paid online system that will probably include netplay for virtual console games.

Imagine being this mad.

let's also remeber tha Reddit is burning cus it was run by pedos
i know it's little consolation and the damage will never be undone but it's the best we've got

ok I get that, but it could also mean the app broke even at least but they just expected more profits from it. How much does it cost to develop mobileshit? I imagine not very much

TICC!

Probably not much, but like I said, they have to pay DeNA, Google and Apple, and only getting ten bucks per sale, when most players don't pay at all, it's far harder to make money off of it than it would be on a Switch, $60 games and paid online.

I almost forgot they have jumped on this jewery too

I'll be honest, I'm surprised they didn't more interconnectivity with smartphones on the Switch. Mainly so they can connect something like a Pokemon GO or a Super Mario Run to the Switch game. Although the fact that this hasn't happened may be a good thing.

What was I shitting up?
An user said the WiiU wasn't a "real console" whatever that means and another one was saying the Switch had a "big name title" released every month for it.
I can't tell them they're being innacurate?

If I wanted to console war shit I would be railing on Odyssey and BOTW, Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 are reashes and Arms is at max a very average game with some nice art design either you like it or not board kike.

I didn't even give my opinion on the Switch

You forgot because it hasn't been implemented or even mentioned in a long time. They kept saying "oh it'll be free till the end of Fall" or whatever but now it just says "free until 2018" with no date specified. My guess is that they're trying to come up with something that makes it worthwhile because right now it'd be extra jewish to do it right now when there's really only 3 or so games you'd want it for (ARMS, Splatoon2 and Mario Kart). There might be some third party shit like D44M but I don't know. With any luck they'll ditch the idea

Well, the only games that could have connected so far would be Mario Run with Odyssey, which would be pretty hard to do, and Fire Emblem with FE Warriors. Most likely they considered it and then dropped it in favor of Amiibo connectivity.

I actually expected Pocket camp to fill that purpose with the inevitable AC Switch, sorta similar to Happy Home Designer and New Leaf, but doesn't seem like that'll be the case either.

If I recall correctly, they said that they'd offer free "retro" games that you can play in multiplayer with other people who have the online. They mentioned it, if I'm not mistaken, in the January presentation and then never again.

a few threads, either way just chill it with the console wars. We can talk about this in another thread if you want. There's a meta thread right here.

When will they finally crack the damn vita part of the psp vita?

Well yeah, but Pokemon GO and Animal Crossing Mobile could work with Pokemon Switch and Animal Crossing Switch. For Pokemon it would be really easy.

Well to be fair it is jewery-lite last I heard it was $20 annually.

yeah, the price is reasonable. However I think needing it for online play is a bit greedy.

Yeah, they did mention that as a selling point. They're either working on a large library of games to have this feature on or they're having trouble with it. Hopefully they get Gamecube VC, thats all I care about.

Thats really cheap but it's still the principle of paying for online. The online should be free and their paid service should cover the other things they were offering (retro games with online multiplayer, monthly free games and all that stuff)

exhentai.org/g/1147586/e1e534ba5c/

come on anons, paying for online even the little amount and even for nintendo is unacceptable

I agree with that, but at the same time there are things like server costs and such that really do have an impact on these things. If they keep the WiiU and 3DS systems online then I'm willing to pay the 20 dollars a year or whatever. I don't like that the online is behind a paywall, but I'll get the service for things like cloud saves and such. It sure as hell beats XBL and PSN+

pc online has no problem with it and is still free

The issue with that is that their M.O. since the 80s is making gimmicky/innovative crap with cheap (on the industrial side) parts. That's why the gameboy used a chip that was made back in the 70s, virtual boy was an eye straining piece of shit since blue LEDs were arm&leg expensive, and why the switch is literally a modified nvidia shield tablet.

Yeah, but Valve is a private company. Also something of note is that some PC games allow you to have your own servers, something sadly consoles do not allow

Because it was a piece of garbage

It's a little more complex than that.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpei_Yokoi#Lateral_Thinking_with_Withered_Technology

Well there's a difference between less powerful and underpowered.

Maybe I wont be the only one I see playing this thing on the bus.

But the lyrics say she has a small butt.

I guess it's about time to get a switch.

I was gonna say the playerbase will drop like a sack of shit after online is locked, but that doesnt even matter they already paid for it

I'd buy one if it wasnt for paid online, fuck wasting so much money on a 3 year console

It is basically a splatoon machine, user. Of course paid online is a big deal, cutting out the miiverse was bad enough by itself, having to pay for no services is not too appealing to me

I am aware his philosophy, that's why I said part you quoted. I paraphrased it and I believe in execution it's very hit or miss. Fortunately if you miss you're not breaking the bank that much, and when you hit god fucking damn the payout is enormous as we seen with the wii.

Is there porn of thicc cutie honey?

Fun fact. Cuckchan are banning people for posting good news about switch. Cuckchan Holla Forums a Sony fanboy fap board now

So cuckchan has truly become neogaf, that what neo/v/ meant as a generic insult for newfags you dumb fucks/v/

It was already that when we left, how hard it is to have an even remotely civil thread about anything nintendo is one of the best ways to track how much halfchan is leaking over to here.

and mark is banning people or deleting nintendo bad posts

forgot my flag

Even if they did learn, most of them are gone now and they've taken the techniques with them. In the west, EA and Activision has removed all talent and have created a system where potentially good new talent will hate the industry before he's even done developing his second game. Even worse? Gatcha and microtransactions have shown that you don't need to even make a good game to get a large profit. All the game needs is to be addictive.

nintenfaggots are the worst. the people ragging on the vita for giving us console gaming on the go are the same cunts that are now bragging about playing nintendo console games on the go. that nintencock must be jammed so far up their asses that it now has a connection to their brains & spinal columns.

In b4 shoa'd. Bad goyim!

Scalpers.

Who the fuck was upset by that, nigger?
No one complained about the power of the vita, nor about it having the full console controller layout, those were the few positives of it. People shat on it for having no games outside of nipland, having useless gimmicks on it like the touch screens, and the bullshit overpriced memory cards.
Go the fuck back to Neofag where you belong.

Holy fucking shit, dude. Doublethink happens, but making an assumption that large is completely fucking retarded. People ragged on the Vita for having no gæmz and costing too much, just like the PS3 and PSP. Rather than learning from those system's early-life problems, they just doubled down on them for the Vita, and it cost them financially. You're mischaracterizing your opponents as being a larger group than they are so you can play underdog, and deliberately combining their behaviors and arguments falsely, to mischaracterize them as malicious, so you can play the victim. That's gay as hell. Fuck off.

Simple. PSP and (especially) Vita didn't have any games that people wanted to play.

The Xbox brand has been an abysmal money-loser for most of its existence, OP. Basically all the Switch has to do to be more profitable than the Xbox is to turn a profit at all.

Well duh, those Neofags had to go somewhere.

On a side note not having console wars faggots and sonyggers specifically is the best thing about this Holla Forums compared to cuck chans.

How do you know this? I wanted the Vita to succeed. Though it definitely wasn't as The Switch is comparatively.

God I'd fuck Honey even if she was a fat whale.

I still wouldnt trade my Vita for a Switch though. Shit isnt even a genuine handheld like the DS/PSP/Vita were, and now enable "cinematic experience" and other games that would rather focus on appearance than gameplay. Handhelds are dead and there is nothing now to stop the cancer from the vidya industry.

You know exactly why the PS Vita failed but you refuse to accept it all this time. Nobody was going to pay out the ass for a priority memory card when regular memory cards had more space and cost one third the price, especially after the PSP's existence. Nobody was going to import the majority of their games from Japan in a language they don't speak because nobody sells Vita games anywhere. The only franchise that actually sold on the PSP, Monster Hunter, was never going to be on the system either. It doesn't matter how powerful it was, no games to buy in store and overpriced don't make it appealing to anybody but weebs.

I thought no one was buy switches.

Its amazing that so many people thought the WiiU was an addon to the Wii, so the "mass market" didn't buy it. At least, thats some of the stories I remember hearing around WiiU launch. Sounds like the dumbest reason in the world too.

I'm convinced MS is purposely doing everything it can to kill the Xbox brand. They did stupid decisions that it just seems intentional at this point. I bet one department head stepped on another ones shoes and from then on decided to make the others work life a living hell.

Technically cutie honey still a canon virgin. Besides from getting groped and stripped by villains. Only villain to successfully Rape her in canon is a demon lesbian that grow Tentacles dicks. But than cutie honey was only raped by her orally.

ftfy

tl;dr the vita failed because sony failed the vita and also failed to cultivate games for a portable audience and just ported their console style experience with uncharted and killzone to a portable one, games which don't really appeal to a console audience

appeal to a portable audience* woops

That's how.

Completely forgot

This man is truly a legend.

UHHHHH THICKER

Good gaijin.

Phones are not game consoles user, nor do they pretend to be. Smartphones exist in a completely different market segment than game consoles

I hope to god they don't replace the 3ds with the switch. It never feels right caring that around. Its too big to be convenient and the battery life is just plain awful. Feels like something is gonna hit the screen and crack it at any moment.

God I hope edgy and grimderp are dying out.

The writing is on the fucking wall, man. It will be a slow transition just like the GBA was replaced with the DS.

I play it portable, just not outside. I play it in bed, while shitting, etc. I would never bring it out in public.

not gonna lie if they release a japanese exclusive 512GB one or something with the nintendo branding on it, buy it and keep it sealed because nintendo tax will make it worth GC component cable prices.

Nintendo policy is to first make fun games. If more of the industry fallowed their lead we wouldn't be dealt with the glut of shitty "inclusive" bloated budget triple Ay-Ay-Ay games with a plethora of lootboxes and DLC to compensate for the expenditures. the other rule of thumb the industry forgot is that story in video games is like story in porn.

When did the first one happen?

Vita is doing ok in Japan. Problem was it got fucked in games early on. The Switch has the benefit with games because no one bought a Wii U so they can instantly have more games out on the Switch for normalfags to buy.

Has there ever been an answer as to why Sony went with exclusive Vita memory cards, like trying to prevent piracy/hacking? Or did they just want to sabotage the Vita's chances of success from the start?

I'm still waiting for the revised version.

because it's fun.

go back to polygon, faggot

(checked)
NOT THICC ENOUGH

I once saw a filthy fucking goon say that Cutie Honey is a feminist work.

Obviously, so is Kill la Kill to them.
If it has stuff that bothers them but they like it they try to fit in their ideology in there.

Meant for

Slant eyed kike are still kikes.

Not helping matters is that I live in an area where carrying something like that in public is unwise.

Yeah. There is software that allows you and someone made a physical card that allows you to use microsd cards where you put the vita sd card.

To recoup some of the money from lost software sales when it was inevitably hacked. The PSP was a nightmare in that regard.

All Might is shit.

Everyone responding in this topic is retarded, but someone please call me out when I use that line as bait in a PS1 classics appreciation thread sometime.

There was nothing of value in or on that machine, get over it.

all of the day bro

I work at a hardware store. I see most of the guy's who are fresh out of high school playing with the switch. Mario kart, splatoons and Mario odyssey. The portability, multiplayer and the Nintendo brand of family fun games are a boon to Nintendo.
there's one girl two girls who play with one but one is a slightly chubby asian with short hair and the other is a 30 something girl with heavy metal, anime and comic shirts she wears under her apron. I avoid eye contact because she's a hair dye job away from being trouble

Get out.

fatty versions look more fuckable imo.
Advertising, even if they sell a dogturd. Similar on how Overwatch "killed" tf2.

Unlike the bone, it has games. It may not have a lot but the ones it has are pretty fun.

holy fuck get out

Wait, when did this happen? I hope it's not true, I can't physically hate reddit more.

Always liked the way her nipples are drawn

The important thing to remember is that they're all shit

Anything anyone says is wrong unless the main point is Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It was marketed to hell and back in all of the normalfag places. You still run into pictures of it or people talking about it here and there. That shit gave it the big launch kick the Switch needed to stay mainstream.

Everything post-launch wasn't as important as having the successful launch. See: Xbox 360, Wii.

Fun fact 2: You have to pay $ 20 per post on halfchan or send in your firstborn son for 20 free posting tickets.

Thanks for the heads up. Decided to cap what I could. Also you were right, he did get banned.

No niggers in your area I see

Gameboy was the most advanced handheld at release. NES was the most advanced console at release. SNES was the most advanced console at release. N64 was the most advanced console at release. Gamecube was the most advanced console at release.
Your horse shit only applies to the wii onwards.

Seeing as the fucking series that the term "Grimdark" even came from is shifting away from it Because Everyones favourite Robbie G and his chad marines have come along to save the fucking day

I'm going to settle the console war once and for all
Every side is wrong even you PC
Sega never should of died

So that's where the neofags went

Filtered

What's wrong with being Australian

NES was running a modified version of a CPU that came out in 75. It was eight years old by the time the console launched in Japan in 83, and eleven years old by the time it launched in the west in 86.
The SNES had a slower CPU than the Mega Drive and no synthesiser, and was released more than a year later, and made up for it with some pre-baked graphical effects that didn't tax the hardware while Sega just threw CPU cycles at it until the problem was solved.
The N64 and the GameCube were powerful and Nintendo lost marketshare with those two consoles. Going back to their lateral thinking with outdated technology model with the Wii and DS lines ended up printing money, and it's still paying off.
It's what they're good at.

That's not even the worst part about it

Mario Kart 8 and Pokken are direct ports with a couple updates. Splatoon 2 feels like a port with updated graphics, but there's a new game mode, new hub, and new solo mode so I'm not going to complain about that. Not to mention BOTW, but the Switch and Wii U versions came out at the same time so who the hell knows. My point being that I expected to see the Switch turn into a mobile version of the Wii U instead of standing out as it's own system. I'm currently liking what I'm seeing so far and I have hope for the future, but I don't want to see 100 new Wii U ports and little to no new first party games come January. Ports are fine and I'd probably pick up the games I didn't play on the Wii U, but I don't want to see 99% of the Switch's library become ports.

Hello Quentin, have a (You)

(YOUUUUUU)

All Might was meant to be a parody of merican superhero stereotypes and yet he is more "merican style" super hero than anything merica has done in the last 20 years
even One Punch Man wich is a comedy that mostly parodies the shonen genere is still a better super hero story than most of the shit that's done in the west now a days
let dat sink in
let dat sink in

Because mommy wont buy them a switch

I really want to murder iphone users.

All Might acts more like Superman than Nu-Superman.

From what I know, taking a high amount of caffeine causes one to burn more calories than without and that some tea types contain more caffeine than others.

It will lose steam and fall into obscurity before it reaches $1 billion, finally killing shitendo

Remember that 200 million downloads of the FREE portion of SMR and a small portion of those actually buying the $9.99 game.

Nice digits. Sun and Moon are apparently set up to have Pokemon transferred from GO via Pokebank, but are still waiting for Niantic to update GO to do it.

People are dumb enough to buy a console that only has two games.

People are also dumb enough to buy a console that has one game, so you shouldn't be surprised.

Go get yourself a social worker to keep your retardation in check.

Where's that Bateman's Dubs OC Tips edit to put that fucking loser in his place?
Seriously, Quentin Tarrantino, you suck dick, Here's your fucking (you)

When a company throws shit tons of money into an industry to drive out other competitors, they will later pull shit like this in pathetic attempts to recoup their losses.

not just with consumers, but with game dev studios as well.

>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/facebook/

I just got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, because I never got a Wii U and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Why the fuck is every single cup, track, mode and character unlocked from the start?
I know this sounds stupid, but I like to unlock shit as I play. It feels like I just got a 100% save game from somebody, it doesn't feel right.

i get that. maybe they thought it would be weird if you started with all this extra stuff from the dlc but still had to unlock parts of the base game.

heh

what the fuck is that grotesque thing? and why are you posting a direct link to its youtube videos?

Quentin was truly a visionary

Fuck off cuckchan. No one wants you here.

You unlock car parts tripsman. They actually make a difference.