Favorite weapon is a double barrel shotgun

Why is it that Call of Duty of all things is the only game that could get this right? I would understand if the shotgun had an ejector but most of the games that get the reloading wrong obviously have the character tilt the gun back like the shells are just falling out from gravity.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55061
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've seen it in a few games, but the only one I can think of right now is Unloved.

Did you play new vegas, superhitler?

Some Doom mods have shotguns that let you do that.

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55061

sxs shotguns are retarded fuddshit. If you're going to use a memegun like a shotgun, at least step the fuck up with an M4.

Now that we're on the topic of shotguns, what games do shotguns correctly? If you've shot one in real life there's a certain feeling that games seem to never translate over, also in a lot of games their effective range is under 5m which is retarded and unrealistic.
And before you ask I've already played New Vegas with lots of mods but a lot of the shotguns seem to suffer from the same effective range problem.

Modded STALKER.

The PAYDAY games get them right.
In fact, they got them too right. In the type of scenario the Payday gang find themselves in (inclosed space, tight corners, armored enemies), shotguns are going to be the best weapon. When PAYDAY 2 came out nobody used anything other than shotguns so the devs had to nerf their effective range down to 20 or so yards. Still really fun to use.

Heheheheheh.

Oh my sweet summer child.

That actually depends on what shell type is being chambered.

What a coincidence I was actually already downloading Stalker. I just hope I can find a better shotgun than the double barrels. Even if they were buffed up they are still shit for dealing with swarms of slavic rape apes.

The reload animation for the double barrel in COD:WAW actually got it right. Your character would hold his thumb over the live shell and pop out the used one.

What's the point of using slugs though? Just get a fucking rifle.

3" shell loaded hot and packed with nickel-plated 000 buck at less than 15 yards is going to fuck up your day with a headshot, I don't care what kind of face mask you have on.

The problem is that even soft armor effortlessly defeats buckshot and slugs. Don't tell me you're arguing for some kind of wacky special snowflake sabot load, because then you just have a really shitty rifle. The optimal CQB weapon is a select fire SBR.

I forgot to mention you can load the shells with AP slugs.
Pretty hard to stop that unless you've got something like a level III steel plate, but law enforcement usually doesn't.

See because with your AP meme slugs, you now just have a really shitty rifle that's inferior in every way.

Rising Storm 2 does the double barrel pretty well, can hit targets 50m away easy and can hit further too if you aim right. Not to mention you can switch between firing one barrel or both.

Very rarely used except in specific circumstances.

Sure it's inferior in terminal performance to a 16" barreled .50BMG, but you can actually carry and shoot the fucking thing without much trouble.

There's still a reason to use them in the game because they make you do a ridiculous amount of damage. Don't forget that this is still a video game, so it doesn't prioritize realism as the number 1 thing.

user, OP mentioned that.

The point is to be able to change it on the fly, some situations buckshot would be preferable, same for slugs and AP. Or even birdshot and rubber-slugs. Shotguns are great for multi-purposing.

Pic related trumps every shotgun load.

We're talking about RL right now.

Low capacity, high recoil, low rate of fire, length reload times. It's shit. Shotguns are for breeching and less lethal loads. If there's even a remote chance your target has body armor, they're worthless. Want to see how shitty shotguns are in real life when faced with body armor? Look up the North Hollywood shootout.

Fucking coward.

But we got onto this topic because somebody was complaining about the lack of effective long-distance shotguns in vidya, which is why I brought up PAYDAY.
No offense user, but too many of these threads go full /k/ and it's really fucking annoying. Let's just stick to vidya at the moment because it's what OP was looking for.

i remember playing a game with a double barrel that let you shoot like 5-7 times and then "pump" the handle to reload.

anyone remember?

TF2

that describes no gun in TF2, you are mentally retarded

Scout's gun is a double barreled gun that shoots 6 times, between 5-7. In order to reload, Scout just pulls the gun's lever.

Who are you calling coward?

TF2 scattergun?

Which bidya gaems allow me to use a rifle that fires eight bullets with a satisfying ping at the end?

What sent the thread into /k/ territory was your ridiculous claim that shotguns are the best weapon against armored foes in close quarters, and then other retards came out of the woodwork with their gimmicky snowflake loads to try and back up that point, failing miserably.

Battlefield 1 :^)

i've never played TF2. it was a third person shooter. around the same time as hitman 2 or hitman contracts.

I meant in the game, lad. Buckshot can't pass through real life SWAT armor as far as I know.

Why don't he have revolver rifles/carbines anymore? They look cool as fuck and are more reliable because semi-automatic tends to jam while double action doesn't.

I fully understand your pain OP.

Chiappa really needs to get in touch with H&K's marketing department.

Revolving rifles have been obsolete since the 1860s and we don't have handgun carbines because of the NFA.

Double barreled shotguns are obsolete too.
What's your point, (((1)))?

I wouldn't mind seeing it in more games as a kind of upgrade to the double-barrel. I would like to try it out hunting in real life but for the price they are asking for I'll just stick with my hunting shotgun

No, they're not. They handle better than automatics or repeating shotguns, and where shotguns are concerned that equals performance - there's a reason that virtually all serious trap shooters use an O/U or single shot and not an automatic or pump. Revolving rifles are obsolete because they essentially fill the same niche as lever-action rifles while doing nothing better and most things worse - they have a lower capacity, lower reliability, lower rate of fire and greater cost while offering nothing in return besides aesthetics.

It couldn't be because trap rules dictate you're only allowed two shots, thus allowing you to go with a lighter shotgun with no mag tube. No, no, that couldn't have anything to do with it…

They're actually pretty fun to shoot, seemed to hold a decent pattern with #7.5 but yeah way too pricey for a fucking turkish shotgun. Fit and finish was better than the usual Akkar shit though, Chiappa must have had someone riding them on-site at the factory.

The biggest problem with revolving rifles is the lack of a gas seal with larger/hotter cartridges. You can either shield the cylinder, which halfway works but adds bulk, complexity and another wear-part to the equation, or engineer in a gas seal which again adds complexity and expense. None of those things make it perform any better than a semi-auto, bolt, or like you stated a lever action.

That's how dumb you sound nigger.

Don't you have some cocks to suck?

I can't even parse your post.

If you wheren't a dumb nigger you would know that a double action revolver has more shots per minute than a lever action. But you are too much of a dumb nofuns nigger to even think about it.

The Henry has a capacity of 15+1. What's the capacity of the cylinder of a New Model Revolving Rifle?

Nigger have you ever seen a cowboy film?

I didn't know defense contractors believed their own bullshit. MK318 should've been the next-gen 5.56 caliber.

In Rising Storm 2 you can kill people with a double barrel shotgun with buckshot from like 100+ meters. Shit is awesome.

This is some serious Fudd-tier logic that libs would use to argue "You don't need that many shells in a shotgun, ban assault shotguns now!". Have you ever considered that trap shooters use sxs exclusively because the rules explicitly limit you to only two shots? Meanwhile security companies, police officers, civilians, and soldiers who are assigned breaching duty all use either pump or auto shotguns because, surprise surprise, their ammo capacity and ease of reloading make them superior weapons for self defense conditions. Are they inferior to rifles in that role? Sure, just like an sxs would be, but they're still far more acceptable if you can't get a rifle. Meanwhile, Joe Biden is the only one advocating for sxs as a serious self/home defense weapon, and firing both shots in the air to scare off enemies like some sort of stereotypical 49'er.

You might as well argue that because lever action rifles are exclusively used for the longarm choice in cowboy action shooting and are lightweight, they're superior to modern semi and full auto rifles with magazines.

I never said anything of the sort.

You're either exaggerating like mad or the game is even worse than I thought.
Every single type of buckshot ever made is completely and utterly worthless at ranges beyond 100 yards. And even that is stretching it too far.
The optimal range is 20-60 yards. Everything longer will most likely only wound the target but not cause any life-threatening injuries.

The issue is that he is using this one, very limited, non-practical application of said technology as a way to shit on more advanced weapon designs that have already shown themselves to be robust and capable in far more situations (i.e., using trap shooters exclusively choosing sxs as a way to mark pump and full auto as inferior, lesser performing weapon designs). Whether you want to admit it or not, this is the same logic that anti-2nd Amendment libs use to try and ban things like 30-round mags or full-auto guns (Why do you need 30 bullets, Grampa's deer rifle can do just fine with 5! Why do you need full auto, his rifle's a bolt action! You just want to kill people, ban ARs now!). And Fudds cheer them on because the weapons they zealously expound over newer designs aren't affected by the bans (My pappy used a M1 Garand jus' fine in the wars, them nasty black ass-salt rifles ain't a true man's weapon!). Same thing this guy is doing.

You can't even get your facts wrong in the right way.

Every
Fucking
Time

Anyone has that picture of those Brazilian bootleg shotguns?

I like how the trigger looks like banana

definitely an exaggeration in game. 60 yards seems about max range in my experience with the buckshot and even the 1oz slug doesn't kill reliably beyond that.

Right here, you stupid piece of shit, right fucking here in is where he says that retarded statement.

That's copied right from the goddamn post, you fucking gungrabbing asshat. Go ventilate your skull with a pair of slugs from the oh-so-superior sxs you two insist on fellating. Or better yet, go back to reddit where you can be surrounded by durr hunters who support banning anything that uses a weapon design younger than the 19th century. Traitors get shot first before enemies.

Furthermore I'd ask you to point out where exactly anyone in this thread advocated for gun control, but we both know you can't. You need to go back to arfcom. Don't bother coming to /k/, we're dealing with too many of you fucking refugees as it is.

(checked)
They say it be like it is, comrade
But is not

Any other games do this?

The Tigris was pretty fun, too bad the design is fucking terrible.
Like most of the Tenno weapons.

they're the best weapons in close quarters in PAYDAY you fucking sperg. We're talking about a game where law enforcement has a 3 second response time and every branch office has over 100,000 police officers fully armed at all times and being shot in the head only constitutes retirement and not death. Video. Games.

>It has a vertical barrel variant

nice premise faggotron

Memelands surprisingly. Especially the first one, a shotty over 60 accuracy as Roland with a maxxed out scattershot skill gives them "realistic" range and good dps from afar.

What the shit are you smoking user? Or did you mean only full length ones?

STALKER's double barrel is fucking shit though. It's piss weak and unreliable for whatever reason.

Is Brazil full of 40K Orks?
jesus

The consensus is yes.

over under shotguns are apparently better in terms of practical and function but personally a side by side shotgun is a classic. There's also hammer and hammerless shotguns.

how the fuck are shotguns memes?

I prefer this look.

There's something undeniably stylish about a rabbit eared side by side.
Now my mind's running with the idea of a JA2 style old west game with all the ridiculous variety of guns extant that scenario would entail.