What actually causes 'get hype' herd mentality?

What actually causes 'get hype' herd mentality?

I don't understand. Is it some bastardised 'watercooler culture' where the post 2007 age of darkness light user mainstream cattle NEED something to scream the "hype" marketing vector about?

They have no idea what the game is, how it plays, how it functions and yet scream faux excitement about something they dont actually know anything about. This makes no rational sense. No goddamn sense at all.

Usually it's just wanting to trust in the big names. In the case of MH world, though, it's cold hard marketing.

Fear that no one else will play the same thing you're playing.

why would you care what others play or think about the games you play?

Normalfags fear being left out of the group and will blindly follow the herd to stay in it, Marketers know this and will exploit it.

Peer preassure and exposure to create conditioning to the brand.
Normalfags are still monkeys that can't control most of their primitive urges and as such let themselves become subverted.

Have you seen normalfags nowadays? why do you think socjus shit gets pushed so hard?

They are afraid of everyone outside their door, their reflection, being left out, being labled something thats not mainstream. Normalfag life just keeps being first year of highschool life till you die nowadays. They go to sleep afraid, wake up afraid and spend the day on edge assuming something is out to get them in some fashion at all times.

Nigger I'm ultra hyped for monhun world and there is nothing you can do about it.

Inherent need to worship combined with extreme demoralization and lack of morality.

We're talking about standards, not morality.

Well, thanks for outing (You)rself as normalcattle :^)

Fitting in is more important than anything.

Mental retardation

Look at the John C. Calhoun 'Mouse Utopia' experiment. Space is socially defined, so they crowd into those defined areas desperate to be loved by their own. Holla Forums is the 'Beautiful Ones'.

Are implying that normally you can keep high standards without morals?
Cuz that is wrong for 90% of people.

I think of us more as the people that live in the sewers in Demolition Man, because we want greasy food, violent videogames and free thought.

All the Soulsborne secondaries are desperate to fill the hole left behind by Fromsoft deciding to bow out, so now they're desperately trying to find something else supposedly hard that they can jerk over. Kinda hilarious really.

Really, traps are the 'Beautiful Ones', and it's fucking hilarious to watch once you realize that.

"These mice seemed inquisitive but they were in fact 'very stupid.'"

Demolition Man is surprisingly relevant nowadays.

Does that mean they're going back to making Armoured Core games?

Checks out

I hope not, they're terrible games. Mechas have also been passé for a solid decade and then some by now.

CHROMEHOUNDS 2

A desire for belonging. It wouldn't happen if we still had a real culture.

They have nothing going on in their lives and are eager to pay money for a company to provide them with the excitement and purpose they are missing
+
They are naive and let their imaginations guide their purchases and attention instead of reality

This isn't anything new

wew, you're so deep, hitler trips
but you're also fairly right

Holla Forums - Armchair Sociology

It's been happening since religion died.

Try harder.

Observing what shit, user?

Are you retarded? Its still armchair sociology since I doubt anyone here has a degree in anything remotely related.
That doesnt mean shit ITT is not true or good observations but its still armchair stuff no matter how good the deductive reasoning is.

Have you talked to another human being before, user?

That literally what armchair means dumbass, a hobo looking at the sky for years doesn't make him an expert in astrology

Guess you can't say water is wet because you're not a hydrologist

They cant help but be part of the crowd, its how their brains are wired. They seem to be not allowed to have independent thoughts, especially when they are influenced by popular people and opinions.

I personally like world because it looks like fun despite all of the retarded changes.
I dont fucking care what anyone else has to say about it. I like it.

Wait, dosent that apply to all of us too?

Sociology has stopped beeing a science long ago, if it was one to begin with.

Observing and understanding are 2 different things. Water is wet, but do you know why its wet?

Do you need to?

And people are OBSERVING this, your point?
see

It's not rocket science, there's a reason why streamers who shills for games are called influencer

4U sold a lot you doofus

Normalfags are just NPCs following their programming.

Thats not the point

My point is do you understand what you are observing? Thats why this user said its all armchair sociology, you just made a wild uneducated guess why peoples are excited

Would you get triggered if I saw some random dude doing woodwork and said his work was unprofessional? If he indeed does not have an education in woodworking or professionaly doesnt do it, it is indeed unprofessional, thats a fact. And like I said in my post that doesnt necesarily mean its bad its just literally calling shit like it is.

Opinnions ITT are not in any way professional, they're still mostly good observations regardless.
Learn to read and stop being spergs.

Then what the fuck was the point of your post? That no one in the thread is being paid to talk about why Monster Hunter is popular?

consumerism culture

Because they were told to. Nietzsche was right.

No its not, the study of human behavior is actual scientific research. Ever heard of propaganda? those are scientifically done to trigger human emotion whether its anger or sympathy or whatever you want.

stfu nerd

With that level of reading comprehension, I don't think you are qualified to be an armchair expert of anything

No, explain it to me. You said it yourself. Not being professional doesn't mean you're bad at something. It just means you don't get paid.

>(((degree)))

Hahahahahahahaha

I've never played a MonHun game, but I want to play MHW, because I want to see what everyone likes about this series, and also want to play a new game in general.
I didn't play Persona 5, but I think a lot of people got into that for similar reasons: a series that's fairly niche (at least in the West), but that's been around long enough to get a following that even normalfags have now noticed.

The fuck are you talking about retard? This is nigger tier of stupidity, I suggest you take a deep breath and read the fucking thread

Do you know what a profession is?

A kike word to force innocent whites into commie brainwashing centers

Or a job.

I do, did you take my suggestion to read the thread in a calm manner? Because nobody said anything about getting paid or not getting paid

that girl is gonna get raped right?

Yet another retard saying this when the mouse experiment is brought up, not even understanding what the beautiful ones are beyond the name.

Who do you trust less, armchair sociologists or people who made a conscious decision and had an active effort to become professional sociologists?
I trust people who made that poor of a life choice very little.

and? I suggest you read that sentence again and understand what it mean.

Professional = getting paid to do something

It can depending on IQ, which is the answer to OP's question too incidentally.

You're projecting again. No, I'm not following you, you're just that obvious.

Yes, the traps are the beautiful ones.

I remember getting hyped for video games, it was back then where I saw that one game that looked really cool and supposedly did a lot of incredibly interesting stuff that hasn't been done before. It looked as if it was one of those organic games like Port Royale 2, The Guild, Mount&Blade that created a living environment that you could play around in but on a much bigger scale than those games. I was severely dissapointed in that game and never got hyped again. It was Spore

But what I'm getting at is that being hyped for a game in the past meant looking towards the game in excitement because it did interesting stuff that other games did not. Now it seems that people get hyped for video games for absolutely no reason other than the fact that they flash keys in front of their eyes for a bit.

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? HOLY SHIT. CAN ANY user IN THIS THREAD EDUCATED THIS NIGGER WHAT UNPROFESSIONAL MEAN

And that's why there's hype, fanboys, denial, and this imageboard.

Except they're not grooming to look beautiful, they're grooming because that's what rodents do when they have nothing else to do, they're "the beautiful ones" because of their lack of scars from fighting for territory and females. They're introverts, not sluts trying to compete with women for the strong male rats.

I highly doubt english is their first language. Probably indian or paki judging by the lack of ability to look it up in an online dictionary.

Did I say anything about "grooming to look beautiful"?

Nothing you said contradicts the idea that traps are the human equivalent. All you've done is convince me that the word "trap" triggers you negatively.

Go google the definition of unprofessional you fucking nigger, its the first fucking result and then come back to me.

Okay Lieutenant Autism, lets just finish this the easy way.

There's this thing in english called a homonym. What you're struggling with is an example of one.

That's newspeak if I've ever seen it.

The only part of the description you posted that fits traps better than NEETs is the self grooming, something the mice do because they don't have more complex ways to spend their time, traps are absolutely not reclusive, they're attention whores.

vee is armchair everything, including video games and history

There's a part of humanity that is very susceptible to group influences. When someone laughts they laugh, when someone cries they cry and when someone is excited, they are excited. PR consultants and viral marketing experts use this weakness to induce excitement in their target audience by having animators in the media display real or feigned excitement about certain products in order to sell them. Hype is the state of anticipation that every PR firm wants their potential customers to be in, because it increases sales and allows them to increase the price of their upcoming products.

There's an interesting side effect to this.
Fanboys enjoy the hype state itself because it feels good and often feels better than playing the actual game, because in your mind the game is perfect, whereas in reality it is deeply flawed. When there are no good games around fanboys look for things to get hyped about that may or may not be garbage, but until it is released they can feel good. It's self-deception for the purpose of self-gratification and it's all well known by viral marketing fags who play these endorphins-junkies like a fiddle.

Is this really just a normal part of humanity, or is it introduced through modern society? Or is it a normal part of humanity but traditions kept it locked away?

Shit like this is what annoys me the most, the game isn't even out and morons are making plans like they already know it inside and out. It's even more embarrassing if all this happens for a Teaser video.

It's not only normal, sympathy is fairly essential for cohabitation in large groups, the problem is that it is ingrained, so inborn that it is automatic and some people have so little resistance to it that they become victims of their environment. Girls in particular are terrible at going against the group and disagreeing with other people on an emotional level.

Oh yeah, nothing like religion to inspire nonconformity.

The point is that religion provided that sense of belonging and now its gone people are empty inside trying to fill the void with mindless consumerism.

It's such transparent shilling, like when FF15 was coming out and there were comments talking about the characters like we knew anyfuckingthing about them yet.

That I can agree with, I suppose

You should prob learn to check the ID's since multiple people have been responding to this stuff.
That said my point was that people got triggered for no reason at the original guy who said stuff ITT is armchair sociology.
It is, but that doesnt mean its bad. No reason to get worked up over about.

I didn't say NEETs weren't also "Beautiful Ones" either. I assume you often argue against points that were only made within your head, given the trend you've shown here.

My OP on the topic just said that it's hilarious that traps are beautiful ones. You're basically pissed off that I said squares are nice rectangles, and I neglected to mention all of the other forms of rectangle to be had.

Stay triggered, faggot.

Also:

Bullshit. The internet isn't real, I don't give a shit what they post, they're staying locked in their room epilating their legs, they're reclusive.

I trust someone who made studying human behavior their life's work, instead of someone who "observes" from the safety and isolation of their apartment room. What kind of question is this.

So you trust some stacey who decided to get this degree because it would be easier than STEM?
Degrees have never made anyone smarter. You should judge people based on the merit of what they say instead of what a piece of paper says.

ITT autists try to understand emotions

They likely know more about the subject than I do, so yes.

That was your first mistake. And yes, that is exactly what you're doing, I did not misquote you meaningfully.

What you are doing is you are outsourcing your thinking power. Someone else will do it, they'll present you with conclusions, you'll take them on faith.

If your own thinking is sound, you shouldn't need to outsource it. The fact that you feel the need to should make you feel uncomfortable enough to change your behavior.

The "armchair" psychologists also probably know more than you about it. Half of my bookshelf is psych/philosophy. What's on your shelf?

ITT an autist calls other people autistic in an attempt to feel normal

It isn't you dunning-krugerite.
Water makes things wet but isn't wet itself.

If someone is more knowledgeable than me about something, I'm going to trust their word on it more than someone who isn't.
This is not difficult to understand, user.

The irony of dismissing degree as piece of paper then asking peoples for credential in a form of books they have on their shelf

Don't you find it strange EA is making claims that they are spending tens of millions in marketing, yet you only see a few TV ads? They are not spending all their marketing money on traditional marketing. The internet is filled with "ad agencies" whose sole purpose is to pretend to be real customers of a product and to silently promote them.

There are even major PC hardware sites owned by marketing companies. Tom's Hardware and Anandtech are both owned by Purch Media, a marketing agency with the goal of "producing content that helps their customers while still 'maintaining' neutrality", i.e. pretending to be neutral so people believe their shilling.

The internet is mostly filled with marketing people pretending to like products so you can buy them. It is their goal to start a herd of "get hype" that snowballs into genuine people who buy into the marketing and believe that they are part of a larger group excited for something.

there's a difference in value between a piece of paper that claims you've been taught something and ones that teach you something.

Reported

Why are under the assumption that peoples that have degree don't read books?

Lack of alternatives. Some just want a fun game to play with others, however there is a severe lack of recently released ones.

Yes.

I don't think owning a book signifies anything either, I would just value one a lot more than (((a degree)))

>a book written by (((high IQ individuals))) is worth more than a (((degree)))
Nigger, at this point, you're just saying that getting fucked in the ass with a condom is better than being fucked without one.

I think it's a safe assumption that the vast majority of people don't read books, regardless of if they have a degree or not.

>gay anal-orgy

For whom?
guy fucking you in the ass might get a nasty infection, but you'd have to deal with cum in your anus.

The same reason why so many fags here fall for memes like Deus vult as if they were always Christians up to this point

So games are not the only thing that cause hype, and we should realize we fall more for memes than we do for games.

You'd have to had been gay in the first place to get that STD, having cum in your ass is the least of your problems.

Funny how this thread starts talking about viral marketing on the internet and suddenly it gets derailed.

I meant infection from feces geting in urethra.

The industry thrives on hyping up games. Why do you think pre-orders and waiting in line for a release became so huge during the industries peak?

You can sell a $300 console by just hyping up games people expect to be released. Loads of people bought a Wii just on the hype of the next Super Smash Bros.

Graphics

If it looked like how Monster Hunter has looked for over a god damn decade than a substantially fewer amount of people would be giving any kind of a god damn shit.

Here is the very easy to understand way this happened

I left out
>They don't want people getting confused and buying the wrong Monster Hunter

Over half of the "hype" you're seeing is literally paid shills. Half the time they don't even deny it.

The primary purpose of stopping pirates isn't to prevent loss of sales, it's to prevent people who didn't fall for the marketing and aren't waiting to throw $60 at launch for a game from playing it and telling everyone it's shit.

Look at Ass Effect Androgyna. It had a bunch of fan boys excited for it. EA wants those people to buy the game and get it first, so they talk about how great it is. Once it gets pirated, the people who don't really care about the game, think it's not worth money, and just want to try it get it for free. And then the shit talking starts.

Anything that is viewed as an easy entry point gets this type of reaction, it's a convenient opportunity to identify as part of the fanbase without putting any effort in.
Made all the more obnoxious because the same people will usually demand further change to suit their shit tastes and ruin what made the original special in the first place.

How?

So if two people both know more than you, how do you decide who to trust?

Reading your posts makes it pretty obvious why you feel the need to go to someone else, you've got some serious limitations working against you.

Yes, the person with a degree knows more than you. The "armchair psychologists" elsewhere in the thread knows more than you. I definitely know more than you.

So out of 2-4 people in the thread and 1000 people with degrees from various programs, how do you know whose word to trust?

It's a trick question, and (hopefully) you're smart enough to realize that. You don't know, because if you knew enough to judge their opinion, you wouldn't need their opinion. And that's why you have to educate yourself instead of taking other people at their word. Buy books on psychology, philosophy and neurology and learn something, rather than waiting for someone else to learn for you and share the fruits of their labor.

Isn't Monster Hunter the best selling game of all time for the PSP? Would that in fact make it explicitly mainstream?

How many of today's normalfags actually own a PSP?

You gotta wonder then.
Is life for our type of people just the last year of highschool?
I mean let's face it, all of of us here are the exact same as we were in highschool with some of us even having the same friends…
But for some reason we have adapted to being more comfortable with what we like…I dunno just letting a stream of consciousness go through

Do you post on /r9k/ by any chance?

(((They))) really do have an anal fixation, don't they? They think it's normal, so they don't realize how much attention it draws to them.

Here's the thing user, those books you read are written by peoples that have degrees. I think its only logical to listen to peoples that wrote the book than peoples the read them.

No, but I like to lurk there because I love reading about people with terrible lives and laughing to myself. I don't poke them because it feels cruel, but if they're there anyway I may as well take enjoyment in it.

I do the same over at r/relationships once in a blue moon for the same reason, even though I deleted my reddit account years ago. There's just something nice about reading a terrible story and thinking "Thank God that isn't my life".

The cause is

1-Effective Marketing Campaings (there is a reason AAA companies spend more money on marketing than in the game, It's to ensure people will die for that game so they buy it at launch)

2-Kids. they are easier to hype

Ads sell you a experience you didn't have yet. Dead Island Trailer is still one of the best trailers that have absolutely no gameplay and absolutely NOTHING to do with the game. But it sold copies on launch. That's also the best example of hype trough marketing.

Sometimes the hype is targeted. The Monster Hunter Trailer … I doubt it was targeted at new people. New people wouldn't make heads or tails or what MH is because it's a gameplay video with not a lot of explanation of what's going on. Also Rathalos at the end makes it very clear, This was targeted at fans.

Sometimes the Hype is just the premise alone.
Cuphead comes to mind. Atleast in my case and everyone i know. We got hyped just because it was a shooter and it was VERY well animated, we didn't even know it was going to be hard or anything, the premise alone sold the game. Also thanks to "the dark souls of " journalism now is the difficulty what is selling copies too.

The third one is the hype i can trust the more. I know the game will deliver what it promises when it only promises what you are watching.

Games like watchdogs and No Man Sky promised lies trough smoke and mirrors. When i see a AAA game trailer i am normally cautious. Those people didn't spend millions on marketing for nothing. They will do anything, to make you buy their game.

The case for games like Monster Hunter is something to be cautious too. yes , it is targeted at fans. But think about this. It's impossible to sell the game to the mainstream because the premise is too simple. Hunt monsters, upgrade yourself, that won't appeal, So why they appeal to the fans? Because they want the fans to hype for the game so they spread the word and get new people into the series while securing the fans they already have.

~82,000,000 is the first number I found

I'm not telling you to listen to the people that read them, dumbass. I'm telling you to read them yourself.

Jesus Christ is this seriously how stupid people are, the idea of actually reading a book for yourself is so alien to you that it doesn't even occur as a possibility?

That's it, I'm out, label me triggered cuz I'm done here.

They already said it. The objective of DRM is to slow down pirates, They don't care if the game gets pirated in one month as much as if it gets pirated in one week. The first 2 weeks are VERY important for a game.

If people wanna know how shitty a game is before they buy it they can watch a let's play.

Then there is assholes like Atlus who "don't want to spoil the game" so they go around preventing anyone from showing gameplay the first week.

Upvotes on reddit and soyboys. It's mostly about soyboys. If you want your game to sell in the current year, you need to make them squeal.

That's the number of PSP sold worldwide, not the number of normalfags who own one. It was also a rhetorical question, since it's impossible to know the number.

Color me surprised.

Get off your high horse Mr. Armchair expert, you probably have no idea what you're reading anyway and then trying to act all high and mighty with random peoples on the internet

Wrong frog.

There is literally nothing wrong with frogposting.

Daily reminder that frogposting is spiritual self-mutilation

Where the fuck are you even trying to get?

Wew lad. I think you belong somewhere else.

Fucking disgusting.

they are both baiting you, stop biting. i've dealt with retards like this. I knew a guy who told me that he would tell people he played pokemon GO so that he wouldn't be ostracized or thought of as "weird". he didn't consider himself a normalfag but he thought that acting like one was the best way to go because "it's easier". Bottom line is that the faggot you're arguing is both scared of learning and trusting his own opinion about life (because that requires making lots of mistakes while navigating the world) and is satisfied with being spoonfed his worldview. Let him rot and die in his own delusion of stupidity, you can never prove anything to people that stupid. They like to be led on a leash and they are the normalfag mindset.

Social science is a lite science sure but I would never call it a full science. The first thing I look at with a science is the amount of mathematical knowledge required to understand the field. You don't need any for social sciences meaning that there are plenty of social 'scientists' who know nothing about math or how to apply it to their field. This is not even mentioning the fact that they have a lack of mathematical logic that is necessary to understand science in any capacity.

Just because they do research and have findings does not make them a science. Maybe if they were able to raise their reproducibility rates to something acceptable it would be different but as is it is purely observations with little backing and no good prediction.

No propagandist knows for example how much their propaganda will affect or in the exact ways. All they know is that it probably will. It is lite science.

Maybe because it's for the same reason an astrologist isn't experienced in biology?

Science is based around mathematical logic and math in general. Not understanding math in some capacity makes you a faux scientist. Poli Sci, Sociology, Psychology, etc are all faux sciences for this reason.

Yeah that's about 82 million because only nirmalfags would buy a PSP checkmate

MHW will not have what people like about the series.

He wont care because hes never played any of the previous games in the series, like most of the people getting hyped up for MHW nowadays.
Not to mention the game looks pretty fun by itself. If it was the first game from its series it wouldn't be getting any shit at all, which is the case for all of the newcomers.

Sure it doesn't look like a bad game, it's just killing off even better game.

I would be slightly looking forward to it too if it were a spinoff or something.

Like that user said, biology have little to do with math but still fall under science.

Emotional "Reasoning".

People get caught up in the hype simply because they do. They don't take a moment to rationally sort things out because they aren't logical people.

Go away, IRC.

Everything has to do with math.

Reported. #notyourshield

accountant are scientist now?

well, ive been "hyped" over games and other things before, i dont think its very fun but i guess some people enjoy it. its a very consuming thing. theyre probably looking for a release for this anxiety/excitement theyve picked up.

what else could it be?

hes not just asking why it happens, but how it catches on. why is that effective?

Does anyone happen to know why this person is so retarded and unable to read?

Public education.

now thats being an armchair scientist

Severe lack of good games for about ten years and increased rates of autism from vaccination preservatives. Also, paid screamers and wooers at broadcasted events.

I do laugh at the retards that say the series is ruined when it was ruined during the Wii era.

reddit & tumblr

>>>/cuckchan/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/cuckchan/

The fact that nearly half of many AAA games budget goes into advertising doesn't answer your question?

>>>/reddit/

Saying "I'm hype" for something is a normalfag answer, because it doesn't require ANY knowledge at all about the thing in question nor does to allow for any further inspection of the statement. Why are they hype? It doesn't matter. All that matters is that they are, and that fact alone opens up an entire WORLD of social interaction and meaningless bullshit that makes up their lives. With their hype firmly in hand, they have passage to make vain blog posts on facebook and twitter, and receive in kind scores of equally empty approval. They fill the void in their life by buying up merchandise for the thing they're hype about. They live for this. They drink it up and when it runs dry they go out in search of the next thing to be hype about. Another flavor of the month digested and spat out, leaving nothing but a lifeless husk behind.

It's Usually americans and commonly (read as: basically everywhere but california fuck california it's the Geopolitical equivalent of a malignant tumor) held american philosophy is one of optimism
It's the innate state of americans.

The major LPers are all now paid shills. Even tiny streamers on twitch with 200 viewers often try to avoid talking shit about the games because they want to end up paid as an 'influencer', invited to events, given custom items to give out to their stream viewers, etc.. I work in the industry and I've had to implement some of that shit. Honest reviews are a '90s thing.

You are a fucking retard.

yes, but even if I explained it, I'd just get accused of being an armchair physicist.

People having a positive outlook rather than be cynical nihilistic little shits.

Monster Hunter hasn't been niche since the PSP days.

You know the second isn't a real hype thread right? It a thread about what game that localization company is gonna destroy next

There are some real ones. I have a degree in biosocial criminal science, for example. Damn near 90% of my degree was dedicated to explaining why the social constructionists are wrong. And they aren't just a little wrong, they are catastrophically wrong.

play Freedom Unite, instead.

Do you hate that user or something? He should get a used 3DS if he doesn't already have one and play 4U. Freedom Unite is dated and most of its difficulty is purely artificial.

They're seeing a bunch of game trailers for a cooperative game where the specific intention of the game is to go fucking hunting for monsters that put dragons to shame. Considering what other shit normalfags get hyped for, how can you possibly fucking blame them for this one?

You're right he should have said portable 3rd.

Biology is just higher-level chemistry and chemistry has more math than most math classes. Note that higher-level doesn't mean harder, it refers to the levels of abstraction. You could argue that sociology is just higher level psychology which is higher level neurology which is higher level biology, but the problem is that once you stop being able to quantify things its hard to actually apply the scientific method, so the only science in sociology is statistics. Its still a valid field of research, like in the mice example posted in this thread, but sociology research on humans is pretty shit since they can't control their variables.

- t. armchair "scientist"

That's not how the quote goes at all. It's not "higher level", it's "applied".

Sociology is applied psychology. Psychology is applied Biology. Biology is applied Chemistry. Chemistry is applied Physics. Physics is applied Mathematics.

I come from computer science: assembly is higher level binary (barely), C is higher level assembly, javashit is higher level C

Assembly is applied electrical engineering. Electrical engineering is applied physics. Physics is applied mathematics.

Alternatively:
Assembly is applied logic. Logic is applied mathematics.

Everything returns to the origin.

Yes I agree, I was just saying that its called something else in CS which is why I was confused. Thank you for educating me and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, saying "applied x" rolls of the tongue easier and doesn't confuse people as much as "higher-level x"

Saying "applied" also removes some of the negative connotation. When you apply mathematics you're using it for a specific purpose, the same way that applying physics is using it for a specific purpose. That gets rid of the idea that one is higher and therefore better than the other, and instead says that one is more specialized and has a narrower focus than the other.

Yeah whenever I try to describe the term people just end up thinking assembly is the easiest and simplest while javascript is super hard. I do think its best to start low level though, including the path you typed so I'd have students learn math -> physics -> engineering -> electrical engineering -> binary (which can be partially taught during the math part) -> assembly -> C -> a scripting language that is not javashit and not OOP

Physics is more than applied mathematics in some fields. Physics and mathematics are in feedback loop where in some fields mathematics makes predictions for physics (nuclear physics and such) and physics calls for new mathematical apparatus in mathematics (materials-related sciences).

They are normalfags. They love fitting in. They aren't actually hyped, their little willies just get hard at the thought of being a part of a group. But its not just that, its much deeper. They know they boring useless pieces of shit so they attach themselves to these things in the hope that it makes them interesting. Instead of acknowledging they are useless nobodies they form identities by what they consume.

If mentally tricking yourself to be hyped about a game means you can give yourself the title of gamer, then they will do it. The hype is inflating their identity and ego.

They do this with every aspect of life. Find any media a normalfag enjoys consuming and insult it and watch as they defend it as if you had just insulted their child. This is because you attacked the validity of their character they've been building. You have shattered the one thing that they thought makes them different and better than others.
The Japanese call it 6th grader syndrome but it doesn't end in the 6th grade. It merely replaces fantasies with products consumed.

Dark souls is a boring shit game by the way.

Sociology is a fake science anyway. Evolutionary psychology is the only field which accurately predicts what people think. Sociology is just another toehold for talentless losers to subvert actual research.

So wait, what's the difference between being excited and being hyped? Because I might have been hyped for a few games tbqhsenpai

Nothing really. Hype is just normalfag slang and like most normalfags when asked why they are "hyped" they tend to clam up or come with retarded non answers.

oh whats the matter, they not articulate enough for you?
this is obviously what theyre trying to say. however they prefer to speak in a more concise manner so they can get away from you faster.

Many years ago before shit like Modern Warfare was put, I was genuinely hyped. I remember how excited I was about BMX's in San Andreas. But then I kept getting disappointed. I think my last straw was probably Fallout 4. The issue is normalfags have such low standards, that getting disappointed is near impossible. These are people that have either always played trash or went along with trends. They aren't even excited about gameplay features. How do you expect them to not fall for kike bait?

All companies are shit. All devs are shit. Wait for the damn thing to be out and then judge. Recent failures like Yooka Laylee speak for themselves.

At least in Balkanland here all social sciences make you study statistics and empirical knowledge. So math still happens.

Sage for off-topic.