When did you realise you became a patrician and by default rolled rogues, assassins and thieves in rpgs?

When did you realise you became a patrician and by default rolled rogues, assassins and thieves in rpgs?

Because heavy weapon plate users lack finesse and healing is for fucbois.

What are your favourite games to be one? or shitty games saved by their mechanics?
God knows i wouldn't have enjoyed Oblivion without the Dark Brotherhood stuff. But even in mmo's and jrpgs i revisit i now tend to say 'fuck defence' and go full stealth.

What about you? do you prefer the shadow sneak with daggers? the fencing dandy who can infiltrate any rich to do and get out with the jewels and garters unscatched? or the INNAWOODS almost feral loner type who strikes from afar with bows?

Nigga this aint TNG and you aren't Worf.

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2012843
1d4chan.org/wiki/Tale_of_an_Industrious_Rogue,_Part_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get on my level faggot.

top pleb
but then again you did enjoy Oblivion so this isn't as much of an observation but merely an affirmation of why you are what you are

embarrasing

Get out of here mage, and stop bringing your summoned gf to meetings!

It's like you fags are all gay.

going by that logic you're some kind of faggot pacifist

Chrom, pls.

Nice reading comprehension negro.

What does Chrom have to do with it? He fought for his friends and family with a sword.

Checks out. Which rpgs allow me to rape enemies?

Samurai is the asian class you want.

No defense. No stealth. No HP. All damage.

More like Whizzards.

would be a shame if your healer died
why is it all nukers can't dress for shit anyway?

Never.

Because real asassins don't use daggers, they use poison or make things look like an accident.

Also, because wariors/soldiers are agile and the finesse/dexterity beign a thing for rouges is bullshit. In fact, rouges/thief is the only part of mage/fighter/thief trinity that feels fake and tacked on. It never belonged there.

A thief is a fighter with lockpicking skills. That's it.

a thief is also used to detect traps and hidden stuff too and that is also a rather tacked on too

It's like you don't want an army of skelebros and life manipulation magic
The only good thief is Garrett anyway

Everything you do an alchemist can do better.

Translation: Cucked fighter left out of a party that required cunning and guile instead of autistic screeching and running into things wearing a helmet.

Fuck you faggot the only good thief is ME! because i'll steal your heart bb ;)

Those are all skills independent from the fighting style.

Regardless of weapon or armor - any individual with proper skill points can do it.

The way I see it there should only be two classes - mages and non-mages. Everything else is a matter of specialization, skill and equipment choice.

I just came here to laugh at you and to say this manga is Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki.

this isn't 4chan
you have to go back

Paladin/Death Knights with exception of Summoners.

Survivability over everything. Paladin dates back to WoW. Having full plate paladin with healing and mechanics to keep you alive.
Summoners because D2 necromancer like everyone here. Why be healing immortal wall, when you can have immortal wall of minions in front of you. Plus having little army of skeletons is always a huge plus.
And then comes WoW Death Knight. Immortal wall that heals itself by attacking and gets shit tone of shield
AND CAN SUMMON MOTHERFUCKING ARMY OF ZOMBIES.

I really need to make The Scourge or The Baron build for Path of Exile. Depending on what is better, or maybe somehow both.

The spoonfeeding meme triggers a lot of retarded responses, but accusations of halfchan generally isn't one of them. Speaking of which, we don't say 4chan here, refugee.

>we
hey,at least i put up a flag for my bait

Even a child knows that no proper game lets you solo stuff. You need a party. Even though every party needs a rogue, no rogue does it all by himself.

OR
You keep summoning your spirits and having your squires strap on your fridge doors bro, they will be long dead by the time you ready for battle.

I'm 34 years old virgin, why would I play anything but the mighty caster?

How did that gf summoning ritual go nerd?

But you pretty much sleep with your spirits since the new patch.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2012843

Also
heretical

A true rogue excels at almost everything uses anything at his disposal to achieve his goals: arrows, poison, knife to the back, fencing prowess, grenades, gadgets, traps, reading and exploiting opponents weaknesses within a flash, intimidation, and social games. He is not really picky and gets the job done. Unlike bathrobe faggots who even with reality bending power, still cannot fix their autism; and big dumb muscle who has to hurt and get hurt to get what he wants and he does it for free.

Truly, patrician.

Aren't they dead already? Your little tricks don't work on Undead at all. And they can stand guard 24/7 so no chance of getting close enough to their master for you.

what comic book is that?

Monstergirl Yotsuba.

Thanks user

Because you need others to do the job for you so you can do yours. Leave that to healsluts in anime.

I like playing healer/cleric, wizard, paladin and monk.

It went almost pefectly. I asked for a pretty cocksucking whore, and it got everything but the "pretty" part right - it summoned your mom.

Going through the front door is cheating, as you can cheese in the doorways.

reframe from reddit spacing tbh. you're forgetting that magic can be used by fighters, spellswords as it were

more importantly there's no game which does necromancy well what so ever, it's either you get a small posy of minute lasting weaklings, middle men and one big beast thing or it's a rts/grandstrat/rtt/ where the personal element is not possible

Most RPGs suck to play as rogues.

I play a spellsword in any RPG that allows for it. If it's a game that nerfs or forbids hybrid classes, then I just roll a pure warrior.
I would like to play a thief more often, but it's usually a waste of time, especially if it's not a party-based game. Most games undercut their stealth or charm mechanics by making them useless in the end-game, and only reward pure damage dealers.
Also, I hate how most games call agility "DEX." Dexterity is only for your fingers and hands. Agility is for your limbs or your entire body. RPG designers must be illiterate.

it really annoys me as well because it's usually seen as an extension of magic and thus the end game of wizards when really it's got nothing to do with magic but with commanding life in it's purest form. it also frustrates me when alchemists are just mages but with goggles as well even though it's based around combining various components to see what it does

You treat her like a lady new daddy.

congratulations solider, your testicles are now warm maturing sacks full of gestating spidereggs.

top noob

lewd tbh

Trying to play NWN1 as a shadow dancer was hysterical due to how broken everything was regarding rogues.

Nigger, you don't even know what game you're playing.

Yes, I brain farted. It's been a long while since I played either game, but I remember this, because it's what made me stop playing.
You get inside someone's mansion to steal shit. This someone has guards stationed on the top floor where the shit is.
Two steps into this floor there's a trigger where you automatically unhide yourself to talk to a guard and your only options now are to pass a speech check or kill everyone. Even if you were to hack yourself to level 40 and max out the hide skills, you can't sneak past this. If this isn't the perfect situation for a thief to sneak past people I don't know what is.

No, you're pretty much full of it. You can pickpocket half the city for fairly decent if randomized loot early on, hide in plain sight is as broken good as it was in NWN provided you don't suck and you're mostly bitching over base DnD mechanics. But I agree that rogues usually don't get their way unless the game is designed around them. Try dance with rogues or age of decadence.

Rpg's never have good mage, necro, or rogue mechanics.

Idol is best class.

I'm disappointed in you user.

I don't follow.

much as i dont want it to be true the rogue can beat any class

Sure you do. Just imagine every single googly-eyed character in that image you posted on the receiving end of a napalm run.

Oh, I see now.

I remember back when I played wow a long fucking time ago, there was this undead rogue that would camp me and a few others in the guild when we met each other, the battles were always vicious and the dude was legendary in pvp. He even ended up 1v1ing our best warrior in full pvp gear as well as tanking gear and sword and board with his tanking spec another time. A good rogue is a scary thing.

I like playing rogues as fighters, works pretty well in NWN1.

Get on my level.

You guys are alright too.

naw man i wanna be a wizard. theres more amusing ways to be a troublemaker if thats what i was after.
if i need to be stronger or faster theres probably a potion or buff for that.

if you have a fucking teleport trap in your evil dungeon i dont think acquiring some fantasy lava that somehow never cools off is that out of the question. doesnt that usually come standard?

You have two fists and two legs. Use them.

The fuck kind of rogue owns an evil dungeon and lures his enemies into it?

an enterpreneurial one

maybe he "found it"

I stopped playing mages once I got bored of all the mages and wizards in every game being the same cookie cutter fire/ice/lightning/wind spell casting aoe nukes. It gets pretty boring after a while so i just roll whatever class I feel like playing now.

I usually stick to fighter/warriors nowadays because some games give you the chance to be able to tank and spank or just straight up deal damage but I enjoy playing the rogue for those sneaky pvp plays. And although mages get lots of variety I have yet to see a game that implements a class that Ive really wanted to play for a while now, a necromancer or lich type. Its always just oh btw here's 3 skeletons you can summon thats about it. I want to summon flesh golems and bone pillars and build a giant bone mesh giant that plows through enemies or maybe skeletal archers and undead warriors all while maybe summoning some wraiths or something.

I'd also like to see a proper battle mage kind of like how DFO did it, it'd be nice to see a mage using his staff as a fucking weapon of destruction by imbuing it with magic and not just beating them over the head with it but using combos and special grab moves to sort of counter the fact that warriors can just come up to our faces because of their massive hp pool and beating our faces in. It just depends no how the game handles it bust most mages in games get the short end of the stick when it comes to pvp sometimes.

this tbh

But why?

The only reason my healer died is because the retard stood too close to the apocalypse I just buttfucked the entire enemy party with.

thats not how you do it user
you set a teleport trap, and set the trap to teleport the guy into a volcano

my nigga

oh so its magma i wanted to type, not lava
you get the picture though, right?

That's wasteful. Responsible dungeon keepers recycle their dead adventurers and heroes into skeleton guards and zombies.

spellswords are basically transsexuals, fam

who said the rogue was a dungeon keeper?

okay okay
so instead of teleporting them into a volcano you teleport them near the top a mile-deep pit, where they fall to their deaths

They go back much much further than that you ridiculous faggot.

TODAY THE SUN WILL RISE WITHOUT YOU

1d4chan.org/wiki/Tale_of_an_Industrious_Rogue,_Part_I

It's almost as if you don't believe in peace through superior firepower.

That webm is an accurate depiction of a level 200 magick archer entering bitterblack isle what movie?

That was a god-tier read. Fucking glorious.

I don't even have a reaction image good enough for this post, so here's one at random.

Fucking pleb.

got any lewds of the doggirl?

I bet you don't even gimp your characters you faggot.

Then they are mages first.

You can use magic or you can't.

The D&D standard of "being a better fighter means you have more numbers" needs to go. Where the fuck are my Greek hero fighters that can throw 500 lb boulders as weapons and turn gaze attacks back at monsters with his polished shield? "B-but he's just a dude with a sword he can't be as cool as a magic man!" Fuck that noise. D&D ruined sword and sorcery and I say that as a guy who has played D&D for 10 years.

Normalfags are afraid of high fantasy so they need some totally not gay class like sweaty wrestler to feel secure in the arms of.

Where did this rogues/thieves = edgelords thing come from? Mind you, I'm no MMO shitter so I don't know how they're portrayed in those. When I roll thief I always roleplay a Garrett-like character because he's my favorite vidya protagonist.

Garrett was a '90s edgelord. Maybe it's not as noticeable today.

It came from the kinds of people who are attracted to playing a rogue

you can use items which are magic that cast spells, that counts tbhh

not spoonfeeding you nigger
but i'll give you a hint movie,80's,magic bow
happy hunting

I don't think you know what that word means

He was driven by profit, not by the desire to shock bystanders. This user is right.

heavy armor wizard

It'd be another thing if she had a staff, at least.

god damn it you're right, tried to find one with a staff too

Do I ever, they're all in here friend >>>/vfur/ :^) I would post them but I don't want to shit up an otherwise ok thread.

here's a better quality one alongside a bump