What's the last SEGA genesis game you played? Let's get a discussion going...

What's the last SEGA genesis game you played? Let's get a discussion going. Just finished Trouble Shooter & Twinkle Tale myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

bluetoad.com/display_article.php?id=773681
segaretro.org/Electronic_Arts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sonic all stars racing transformed

Probably Chameleon Kid. I have actually never completed a single Genesis game aside from Rocket Knight, the SNES is much better as far as variety goes.

Sonic Mania

It was fun. I still replay it from time to time just like i used to replay older sonic games. There also mods i installed recently that change music, items and characters into sonic 3 stuff for maximum nostalgia.

That's some good shit, but the sequel, Battle Mania Daiginjou, blows it the fuck out of water every which way.
Last Mega Drive game I played was either Battle Golfer Yui, Tatsujin or Devil Crash MD, not really sure.

But that's a Nintendo game.

Sonic 3.

Chameleon kid has like 80 levels. I don't know if I'm a bad enough dude to beat something like that.

Is Sonic Mania a 32X game or a Saturn Title?

Back the fuck up. Is that good? I really need to learn japanese one of these days.

Castlevania Bloodlines. Not too hard, but I only got to the tower boss and stopped playing, so I probably got off early before the real difficulty kicked in.
Contra Hard Corps was literally impossible for me. Did I get old or something? I've never reviewed videogames, but I could not for the life of me finish the first level or even make it to the halfway point, it was bloody embarrassing.

The Japanese version provides the player with a life bar and infinite continues, while international versions drop the number of continues to five and ditch the life bar in favor of one-hit kills. The pain sounds when getting hit are still present in both international releases' sound tests. There are patches available for both the US Hard Corps and Probotector which attempt to make those games behave more like the Japanese version: among other changes, the life bar and button codes are restored, and an additional button code allows access to the debug room described above.

So essentially they made the English version harder on purpose. this was common with games like battletoads so kids could never beat the game by renting it from blockbuster video in a single weekend.

Mazinsaga. I liked the beat em up levels, but the fighting game style boss fights are awful. Still fun overall.

yeah, I don't remember that being a good game.

It's almost that time of the year again

Except Battletoads was developed in the west and thus was developed to be that hard. It was made easier for Japanese. Your example is backwards.

There was no rental market in Japan. Renting games in Japan is actually STILL illegal there unless the copywrite holder gets a % of the sale, so they made the japanese version of Battletoads easier because "what's the point in keeping the game this difficult if they can't even rent it?". Here, I made a webm for you.

Your point was that Japanese games were made harder for West. Battletoads is a Western game that was not made harder for West, but easier for Japan.

My point being was that certain games were made difficult on PURPOSE when they were released in america due to the rental market it had. Whether a game was developed in japan or america was irrelevant, the japanese version was often easier. Contra hard corps was released in america first, then a month later the japanese version came out & was much harder. Battletoads had the same situation. Released in america first, & then made easier for the japan release. You're splitting hairs.

Was much easier. Fuck I hate typos. I'm gonna go play some decap attack.

Use better examples next time. It's not splitting hairs when you start talking about Japanese games being made harder for Western audience, when the example you are using does not reflect that.

Why are these dumb ass jokes always funny?
How are Vectorman games ranked between each other? I've played the first one yeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago and vaguely remember it being a clusterfuck of level maze.

Rollan Thunder 2. Still one of my favorite dead series.

I'm hoping it's good. It's on my list of games to beat. First game was pretty damn good. I've heard the sequel was rushed though. It was pretty much the last game sega themselves developed for the system. 1995 release I think.

Holy fuck, 1996, my mistake

Calm down, man. Why are you redtexting non-urget stuff? You new or something?

So have you guys seen the price on Musha? It's like $400 if you want it with the box & manual.

Most in-demand MD games that streamers have talked about have gone through price inflation.

At least they haven't ruined Magical Taruruto-kun's prices. Game Freak (the pokemon creators) made the game, & it looks pretty damn fun.

but user, how else are you going to protect your investment if you don't corner the market and make life horrible for everyone who wants a copy of a fun game for cheap?

Rocket Knight Adventures

Do I know you? Perhaps from art shcool?

I fired up Earthworm Jim last month.

At least if you're not an autistic collector you can just get a flash cart for all the fun games you want.

Sonic & knuckles 3

Still fun af

hear hear!

I go back now and then to play Cyborg Justice. It's such a fun game.

Tomcat Alley, it's so bad it's good. First game I got with my Sega CD back in the day. I go back to it regularly only to be reminded how awful FMV stuff was.

Great taste m8.

Record of lodoss war on the Dreamcast. I remember the the final boss being harder. I also remember guessing the players identity before i even named my character based on he opening.

Probably one of the sonic mega collection games. Most underrated game on there was Sonic Blast. Not 3D blast, just 2d blast. 3D blast was fucking cancer.

It really fucking pisses me off how expensive this game is now. I've owned it since I was a kid and just because some faggots made a video about it now it's a premium game that nobody can buy.

I just played some Sonic 3 last night. Unfortunately the D-pad is fucked so spin dashing is damned near impossible at times.

While we're on the subject of the Genesis, can anyone explain to me why there's two kinds of Genesis cartridges? Do the tall ones just have more storage or something?

It's just EA games that have that weird yellow tab.

bluetoad.com/display_article.php?id=773681

tl;dr EA reverse engineered their carts, got caught, but Sega allowed them to continue due to revenues.

Also relevant
segaretro.org/Electronic_Arts

Well alrighty then. I guess I can understand the reverse engineering, but why'd they have to make their cartridges look like bootlegs?

Because Americans can't into design. Just look at how terrible Battletech robots look like.

Last one I played was Burning Force.
One of my all-time favs

(featuring danica patrick from the nascar series)

the people who discovered this voltage discrepancy in the same post and discussions following said "if your console was going to last 55 years with original carts only, the incorrect voltage will probably make it last 54 years instead"

it was never anything to worry about, still nice to see it addressed but plenty of emufags fear mongered around it against the peaceful and always right original hardware fans.

I'm mostly just mad at the sensationalist french faggot who posted the article in the first place, and the faggots on the channel this cuck posted are just as guilty for misleading people to get views/clicks. People are such fucking whores in the modern age.

That..and…this great game

Sure nigger, sure.

he raised a legitimate concern and in the same article dispelled the concern.

that same person said what I said here:

I think you might be the one getting a bit sensationalized by it.

forever causing mischief and playing the victim, the eternal emufag

He didn't raise a legitimate concern, or did you not read ? Everything is in spec for the console. All the french faggot did was not know shit about what he was talking about. I mean for fuck's sake he says there aren't grounds on the carts when they're clear as day on it. The man is an idiot. And I don't care what those faggots said, sounds like some "well, I mean it MIGHT hurt your console MAYBE!" weasel-word bullshit to me. The consoles aren't in any danger. End of story.

yeah, they said it in the same sentence I got the 55 vs 54 years thing.

they technically are but its an incredibly insignificant amount

Again: Weasel words. A console using a flashcart will last for 55 years same as one using regular carts.

How so? The voyages are in range for the systems like Krikzz said. Where are you getting your information? From the french faggot who couldn't find grounds? Who are you going to trust, some french cuck who clearly doesn't know shit or the guy who's been making internationally sold flashcarts for years now?

So sayeth the eternal hardware cuck

That's not what CRTs look like. Quit being a fag and just enjoy raw pixels.

I played Gunstar Heroes again recently. I often play Gunstar Heroes.

Physically? The Sega Channel.
Last game I played while that was running was Comix Zone before the final shutdown.

In terms of emulation, last thing I probably emulated was Skitchin'.

Dynamite Headdy, I think. I was just trying it out. Not sure when I'll give it a full playthrough.

He probably played it after I linked one of the Game Center CX episodes.

Fit an 8 in there

I have a question, OG Hardwarebro to OG Hardwarebro. How do you get all that good shit cheaply without paying an arm and a leg to scalpers thanks to hipsters?

Make sure you play the Japanese version.

Find it local. If you don't live in a big city then maybe take a trip to your nearest one and see if you can get lucky. Everything resold online gets considerably marked up for a convenience tax, if you've got the money then I suggest paying the tax, if not then you'll need to make up for it with some legwork. On the plus side legwork will often let you find things you didn't even know you were looking for.

Just put it in place of the controller in the guy's hands.

Different id but samefag here:
I work at a retro game store and scope out ebay very often. Yard sales, fixing "broken" games, etc. It's all about patience and a bit of haggling. You want to walk away with them happy and you making a good deal. I got about 300 in ps1/ps2 games a few weeks ago and a 27" trinitron for 70 dollars.

You get a job & exchange the money you make for goods & services. That or you get a flash cart.

Streets of Rage 1 and 2.

Go back in time and hit yard sales, thrift stores, rummage sales, and the like, religiously. The target area is 1997 - 2007. You can score good deals like an NES for $10, a Genesis for $5, a 3DO for maybe $25, and all kinds of games for a buck or two each with no discrimination between Madden and Squaresoft titles.
I around 700 physical games, and they all collect dust. All that matters is the actual hardware. Flash carts are your friend, but Chinese multicarts will get you your fix in a hurry, if you don't care about translated games and such. Buying systems with no power supply usually gives you better odds of getting a working console. Thrift stores are a good-ish way of getting PS3, Wii, and 360 games, but they're woefully plagued with Maddenitis. Scads of shovelware sports titles everywhere, good only for their cases.

The last Genesis game I played. Damn, it's been a LONG time since I used it. I honestly can't remember, even though the system is right next to me.

Gonna stop you right there & say those aren't really built to correct voltage specs. Chink shit can legit fry your system. I lost a Neo Geo MVS to one of those 126 in 1 carts from Chyna. bad News.

I suppose it's a good thing I stopped playing my Neo Geo AES with a 30-in-1, then. Not paying the $400 for the new flash cart for the damn thing, so away to the basement it goes, along with the Phantom adapter.

WEBM is my first time playing my Neo Geo after getting said pirate cart and adapter.

I need a fully translated Panorama Cotton rom for reasons. Anyone have one?

Even if the carts themselves were well built (&come on, they're from china so they're not), many of the roms on those carts have various issues. I remember Garou actually being the PROTOTYPE of the game. If you collect neo geo then you already have a decent amount of money, so go for the neo SD or pre-order the dark soft cart.

Fuh-ehhhhhh

Art thou mad, sir? The system itself wasn't much, imported from Japan, and using a Genesis 1 (Sega Mk 1602) power supply, but buying AES games is a fool's, no, a complete retard's game. The insane fucks in the community that destroy games, cases, and inserts, to increase the value of their own collection? I'll have no part of that. Alas, MVS collecting is also going into bullshit territory due to people figuring out that they can just slap an MVS into a case, rather than a standup cabinet.
We'll see what the future holds, but at the monent, I'm done with the Neo Geo.

I already said I collect MVS games, not aes.

I don't know why, probably because me and my brother were talking about Toejam and Earl 3.

The xbox game?

This game is kicking my ass. I don't remember this being so hard or so weirdly designed. It's like every enemy or shot is always just off screen, so you can never see it. that said, it sure is pretty. I'm going to give it another shot now that I know the jump attack actually kills enemies. Youtube playthroughs are a blessing.

Nigger just don't jump around like a faggot. Vectorman requires patient platforming. The game is piss easy.
kill yourself

I still have my genesis and play it often. I may spring for a everdrive. The last game I got for it was a few years back my buddy knew of a retro game shop and picked me up a copy of Sonic & Knuckles so after many years I was able to beat S3&K 100%

You can get a repro from Aliexpress with box and manual for 15 bucks

Starflight

I trust the Chinese to build things safely & to specifications. All the best stuff comes from china! (said nobody ever)

Now beat it attached so Sonic 3.