What's in your rig? What are you putting in your rig next?

What's in your rig? What are you putting in your rig next?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking
fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1709.frag
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZW5F71608
pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#p=1&H=144,240&r=256001440
deskthority.net/wiki/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GTX 970
By the time I get a new graphics card will most likely be when Nvidia releases some kind of successor to the GTX 10 series (GTX 11 series?) So probably a GTX 1170 or GTX 1180 assuming they continue their current numbering scheme

Unless AMD comes up with a decent graphics card but I still can't see that happening. I will consider a Ryzen over my current Intel Skyake i7 for my next build though

I bought a used gayman laptop with a gtx860m and it plays every game that I want to play

I don't plan to upgrade since most of the games that need latest generation hardware are pretty bad

fx 6300, amd hd7850, 8gb ddr3. going to upgrade to 2nd gen ryzen and a 980ti (for analog out), and probably just focus on getting more storage. I don't really play PC games any more so this should be good for some time.

I don't really enjoy games much nowadays and I feel bad when I purchase one. No matter which company/companies I choose to support they'll all betray me eventually. Why did I ever buy games? What's the point of upgrading when AAA games are 100% unbearable trash and toasters can run everything else? Everything is just one big downgrade with a shiny new coat of paint on it.

fml

You're just depressed. Eat less, masturbate less, exercise more.

>>>Holla Forums

Give me an ETA for the release of Volta/Ryzen+ hardware. I want those better.

Even then vidya is STILL shit. Your life gets better though that much is true.

Vidya is shit because it is a fake reward system designed to keep you playing.

Pick up a sport or hobby that reflects your favorite aspect of gaming. Pic related

You don't really think that all modern vidya is shit. The majority, for sure, but there's 1-3 excellent games coming out every year, and there's more than enough retro games to play in the meantime while you wait for those 1-3 releases.

Still using a humble GTX 650Ti. Thought of upgrading, but not for something so high-end that it'd get bottlenecked by my old i5 750, as that would be a waste of money. So perhaps a 960, 970, or 1050Ti.

But then again… most newer games don't even look interesting, or they're light enough to run decently anyway, so why bother?

gtx 1080
i7 4770
16 gb ram
Tx 850 m
Wc 120mm forgot the name
ssd 1- Samsung evo 480
ss2 2- gs 240
hd 1- samsung 3tb
hd2,3- samsung 500gb
hd4- samsung 700gb
All wrapped nicely on a Coolermaster silencio 625s because i like my shit silent
Running on 55' 4k samsung 60hz and play with xbox 360 controller because i like comfy
-2tb samsung hdd to substitute one of the 500 gb hdds
-Change mobo+cpu+memory combo to a newer one prob i7 8700 with ddr4s

Fuck. Now I have to start a political career which will end in my assassination since I have no living family to threaten.

At least you'll do something meaningful. I just punch people I respect in the face a lot.

How old are you? What games do you play?

Current

Future build

I'm building my first pc so I don't really know what I'm doing. I followed advice from multiple build guides. Haven't got my motherboard or case yet.

post em

A 660 and it can run newer shit with a mix of med-high settings with some lows just fine so what's the point of upgrading?
Could a Voodoo 2 even run Half-life 2 or Doom 3 without editing the files to completely fuck the the graphics?

Current:

Desired upgrades:
I'm rolling with the stock cooler. I'd love to get a cheap upgrade like a CM Hyper 212 EVO. Just to keep things quieter, if not cooler.
Even though I'd probably never notice the difference, I'd love to replace my boot drive (PNY 120gb SSD) with an M.2 drive (I was eyeing a 500gb Samsung 960 Evo since those prices have been dropping and sales have become more common).
I'm using a cheap case (CM N200 mATX) but I was thinking of moving into a Fractal Design mid-tower for my next build. The noise dampening is perfect since I don't overclock or play many taxing games, so airflow isn't a huge issue. I know the sound dampening doesn't do much but just lowering the pitch of the noise is enough to make me happy.

I honestly have no idea what CPU/GPU upgrades I'd look at. What I have now works perfectly fine for every game I play and intend to play in the near future.

Anybody know how to get games that wont run because you've installed a new graphics card(same manufacturer, nvidya if it matters) to run again?

The Windows 10 debotnetting guide is a fucking lifesaver. Win10 is unironically my favorite OS.

It's most definitely not my favorite, but I'm glad guides and programs exist to minimize the spying.

I got a 1060 3GB because it was on sale for pretty cheap so now I wanna save up for a few weeks and buy a new motherboard and CPU. Surprised at low little my FX-6300 is bottle necking it though. Basically any game that's not a known wreck has seen performance equal(actually a bit better due to my monitor resolution) to what I see in youtube benchmarks. Feels good being able to play games on max.

Good luck user. It's not that hard. Don't apply more pressure than necessary and be particularly careful with the processor.

Currently have a pair of 980's with SLI and a 2k display (a 1080p on the side when I play less-intense games) that I built late 2015.
My next build will probably be in 3 years with whatever fits into an $1800 budget (tower, not monitors. Anything over 2k is a meme)

gtx 1060 6gb
i5 7600k
8gb ddr4
samsung 960 evo m.2 nvme ssd 250gb
A couple mechanical drives
I was told I should have waited for coffee lake.

Unless you're talking about games from a couple decades ago, I've never had issues from solely upgrading the gpu. My first guess to fix would be to roll back the drivers.

XFX Radeon 390
why would I upgrade when I can max out any game at 1080p 60+fps?

But user, a 1070 can't even "max out any game at 1080p 60+fps" and it's 40% faster than your card.

Here's the part where you backpedal and say 'w-well i can max out the games i'm actually interested in!'

I'm not sure what to roll them back to, considering there is a different card in my pc now that runs on different drivers.

Unless you just mean install older drivers for this new card.

I'm not really sure how far back I'd have to go though. Or why.

cod infinite warfare used to run, but shitty, now with my new card it just auto crashes on startup, a couple other games have been afffected. And I've had this issue in the past when I've upgraded.

I'll probably upgrade the GPU next year.

Really? What games can't the 1070 max out at 60fps 1080p? not the same guy but those would have to be some horribly optimized messes.

I just disabled the updates. I'm not worried about viruses.

Well yes, that's the state of AAA gaming. Prey and Dishonored would be two that the 1070 can't handle without resorting to ugly blurry FXAA.

Any link to the debotnetting guide? Planning on finally upgrading from my toaster after 5 years and I don't want them snooping around my Extreme Handholding With No Gloves On folder.
Sage for shameless requesting.

github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking

Can't actually get rid of everything if you're using an Intel CPU with IME (that was recently compromised, WHOOPS) up your ass

fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1709.frag

Right now I've got a R5 1600 and a R9 380. Don't see any real reason to upgrade for the time being. Whatever I get next will probably be a low-mid range budget card.

I mean, what the fuck am I going to use a high-end card for? 4k? I'm using a 5:4 monitor that came with my old Dell Dimension back in like 2004. Still using the old Dell Dimension case too, actually. I'm a cheap fuck like that.

I could use it for currency mining, I guess, but contributing to the ruin of an industry for the sake of scraping up loose change is a rather Jewish thing to do.

Thanks m8's.

If Bill Gates wants access to my Vore folder and PS2 games, he can have it. Maybe if I'm just enough of a fucking weirdo, they'll voluntarily choose to leave me alone.

This has always been my train of thought too. If Microsoft wants to see the weird shit on my computer. The only one it's really gonna hurt is the poor bastard who has to look at it all.

Upload them to volafile my nigga.

What are your search terms?

Yes. That is what I mean, the quality has gone down but saying all is lost is such a foolish thing to say.

That's fucking hilarious

When i pirated it, it ran pretty well on my 1070 with everything turned up to max and from what i've seen it can be maxed out at over 60 fps with lower end cards like the 1060 and RX580 without having to use shit like fxaa

5820K and 980 Ti. The most demanding game I've been playing is WoW, so I'm not looking to upgrade yet.

I ordered an entirely new built on saturday since my current one is too dated. I went for a Rysen 7 1700x, a gtx 1080 and 16 gb of ddr4 3000mhz ram. I figured this way i should be good for some time again.
My current rig has an i5 2500 and a r9 280x, which is starting to feel dated.

That's just my triage folder. It all needs to be separated and merged into my main folders, which I've been maintaining since… well, fuck, since pulling shit off the Big Gulp in the late 90's.

One of these days I'll archive it all and put it up, but chances are pretty high it'll get taken down quick since it contains a lot of shit by artists who nuked their profiles and put everything behind a patreon paywall.

Just "Vore" and "Unbirth", maybe + "GTS" or "Giantess" if I'm not finding what I want.

Vore and unbirth
why do I have this creepy fetish? It's so wrong yet it's so hot. I can't fucking help myself

GTX 560 Ti 1GB. I have no reason to get anything newer. It's all infested with (((fucking cancer))) anyway.

The perverseness of it is probably half the appeal.
t. someone else with fucked fetishes.

Right, the fucking screenshot.

The ambient drone in the background is very soothing.

Niggere this is not at all true. The last 5 years have been near droughts excluding this one.

At least I can emulate older games and Oblivion with several gigs of lewd mods Should be about a month or 2 before I can get a new one.

Decent taste my dude. What's the size of it? How many files ya got?

1080Ti, 7600k, 16GB DDR4, SSDs and HDDs
Possibly more ram and probably a closed-loop CPU cooler. And a better case.

Trash, only thing that can be considered gaming-made is a gforce 210, and that thing is the lowest of the low. Was going to upgrade last month, but I was yet again met with irl horseshit that I needed to fix. At this point I'm not even going to build my own PC, just have it premade and get it cheap from the factory.

Can this /fit/ faggotry please stop. You're not going to feel better about yourself if lose 20 pounds and get swole.>What's in your rig?

Pretty happy with it, will play well all the games that I care about playing for some time.

Still using my old ass EAH6950. I saved up 2k on my bank account to upgrade my computer, but then decided to spent it on other things. I mostly playing old games anyway, so what's the point of upgrading my gpu? I could buy it for faster render times, but creating webms is not that big of a deal for me.

it's really, really easy. just make sure to plug in the power supplies last, read your motherboard manual before you plug the case controls into the pins, and be gentle. there is exactly one step of building a PC where you'll need to use any force beyond a firm push and that's when you secure the fan to the processor. everything else should snap into place easily.

also, before touching anything, touch the metal case on the power supply to ground yourself. my very first job was building computers in the windows 95 era and in all my years of building since then, i've only seen a static discharge happen once, but it completely fucked the motherboard, so be safe

After never having anything that can run basic games and this being my first build, I couldn't have done better. Got everything pretty cheap too, SSD was a gift.
I really need a new monitor though.

I have a beefy rig, gets very hot and needs some manual cooling.

want to add:

Holy shit nigger, are you rich?

A little bit

I had a career in logistics management but I retired so now I chill in my condo getting high living off savings

Oddly enough I'm going to have to go back to school because I'm in my late 20s and want to do something else and that makes me feel poor af

Your richness is making me physically ill.

Jesus, how much did you make?
What for?

I made 120K/year and used most of it to buy the condo and school debts
I'm thinking of getting my second bachelors in Electrical Engineering and also buying my IT tests (IT A+, Microshit+, Security+, CCNA, CCNP) but the cost scares me so I might start working again but not as much

You'd be surprised how boring the NEET life can be even with unlimited funds.
I'm going back to school just to be a full time student. I want my PhD in chemistry so I can force normalfags to call me Doctor and make LSD on my farm. Basically want to be John McAfee.

I'm closing this tab

Poorfags just don't get it.

Oh yeah dude, tell us how hard your life is with all that money, go ahead, you can let it out.

It's no use, richfags are completely detached from reality. That's why you see celebs who live in walled communities with armed guards calling for gun control, that and jews. Rig threads always attract braggers.

no, I don't think you understand. I mean going on a dating site specifically for farmers and saying "hey i'm a rich NEET and I really want some fucking kids, produce them for me and give me company"

of course i'm just assuming this is total bullshit like usual. you also didn't tell us what breed of doggo you're raising you tremendous cock swallowing faggot

t. angsty prole

980 TI
Dunno what I should get in the future, still haven't encountered a game that dosen't run smooth as a baby's ass.
Usually I decide on an upgrade after a new console generation rolls around, and even then I wait a year or two. Always worked for me, so I don't see why next time should be any diffrent.

the day will come

Prove me how i'm wrong, Shlomo.

I'm running a gtx titan black my work gave me back 2014 but come 2018 I'll get a new card.

I only have it because all my family is dead. Also I got whipped in the tobacco fields like a nigger from age 4-14 if I didn't work fast enough. My family built this shit from nothing and I've worked harder than 99% of the population.

I breed Black Labs, they're the best dogs.

Got this last wednesday.

Nice story. I'm Batman.

R9 280X. I'll probably put in whatever mid ranged Navi based GPU that AMD will put out with 8 GB.

If Ace Combat 7 has issues with AMD cards, I'll probably put in an nVidia card.

It doesn't matter, I haven't been playing videogames since 2009.

I'm as 56% white as you are, bernd

Why don't you post your face while you're at it.

This is the average reaction a milenial who had to work before the age of 25 will give.

Not without children you haven't.

So everyone?

As someone building a PC and buying a monitor for it (1440p144Hz), should I go with a IPS panel with a 4ms response time, or a TN panel with a 1ms response time? They're the same price.

DON'T SHUUSH ME YOU RICH BASTARD

Fucking bullshit.

3ms isn't much at all
go for the IPS because it will look less dookie

also make sure that shit has a matte finish

Ironic as always.

kys

Acceptable build but the VS series is pretty poor and you seriously don't need 600 watts, would have been better to get a good 450 watt PSU instead like an XFX one.

fuck right off cunt
you point out at whatever point I endorsed radical leveling or collectivism, and I'll fucking go down on you

How is that even a question? Fucking TN should die in a fire already.

i5 6500
gtx 1070
8GB of ram

I need to download more ram
And wait until I can find a cheap high end i7 to replace that shitty i5, it's bottlenecking more than I tought

Calm down /a/

Here's the Newegg page: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZW5F71608
Where would I see that this has a matte finish? Is that what "Glare Screen: Yes" means?

I agree, but from what I'm reading the response time causes picture blur, and since 4ms < 1/144s I'm kind of hesitant. Also because this is a third-party reseller on Newegg, but they seem to have good reviews.

implying…

You should go for WD Gold, the black series is fast, but also loud as fuck. I own 2 3TB WD blacks and both of them are loud as fuck. WD Gold is slightly faster from what I heard but also a lot quieter. And honestly, with how loud wd black is, gold would also be worth it if it was the same speed.

Price difference. Can you show me a 1440p, 144hz, 27inch screen below 500 bucks?

Now about this whole richfag thing… People on the internet are always exaggerating. I doubt he is very rich (10k+ a month) and living in the middle of nowhere is not fun either. That said, rich people can suck too. The attached guy is autistic as fuck but has rich parents. Would you want to swap your live with his?

Is this loss?

Dude it's literally right there:
1440p 144Hz IPS for $369.99

LEL

Fucking hell, how? Last time I checked these were over 1k. Did the price drop recently? Or is there a downside to that screen?

The absolute state of nu/v/

Part of it is Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. Here's the PCPartPicker list I'm looking at: pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#p=1&H=144,240&r=256001440
This is incomplete, because some monitors like the one I linked are misclassified as non-IPS. Prices have dropped a lot. Apparently ASUS and Acer are planning to release a 4K 144Hz G-Sync monitor next year; rumor is the price tag will be $1499.

Right now, I'm on a laptop that has a 8250u and a MX150. I'm quite surprised how it performs since it can handle some fairly modern games fairly well.
I'm probably going with AMD when I finally have the income to build a new PC.

I also suffering this

FX8350, 380 4GB, SSD and 8GB ram. See no need to upgrade quite yet but might build a mini system down the road for fun

Alright, I've bought that IPS panel. Now I've bought literally every important part of my build except the keyboard and mouse. I have no clue what I should look for though, other than an independent numpad for the keyboard because I sometimes screw around in Blender. Any suggestions?

If you got the money for it, get a mechanical keyboard. There's a guide on the different types of switches floating around somewhere.

32gig DDR 2400
3 SSD's 2TB
6 HD's 20TB
1080GTX

Upgrading to 8700K whenever they are available

Indeed, this is where you can't compromise. Mechanical keyboards feel and sound vastly different from rubber domes, and can survive decades of heavy use. Sure they cost a bit more, or even a lot more, but they are worth it.

Now there are some things to learn. See pic related, and this wiki: deskthority.net/wiki/

tl;dr - The main traits of switches are: linear versus tactile, and clicky versus silent. First one is simple: linear is crap for typing, so get tactile. Now consider location. If you will use it alone, go with clicky; if you will use it in an office or any shared room, go with silent or people will start plotting your murder.

I have an Unicomp Ultra Classic, and I love it. Very tactile and very noisy, like a 1960s electric typewriter - just as God intended keyboards to be when He invented them.

Here's the part where you keep saging every post ITT like a faggot while discussing the topic
enjoy all them precious (you)s

Fatty detected

Hp pavillion g6 with a6 APU. It runs everything like shit, but at least i can play csgo at 30fps.
I was broke on black friday, now have money but all the deals are gone and i probably couldnt afford a new potato…
I always wonder what it would be like to not live paycheck to paycheck

Except he's right. The only reason people don't use Linux is because they don't want to learn how to. Dual Booting with 7 is the best method anyway.

Not to mention certain color combinations.

I've actually found out that I used linux more than win7 this way.

When I hear people saying this it's like when I hear faggots at the gun range say they're "running" their gun. It makes you sound like you're trying too hard.

Just say computer, jesus fucking christ.

hdd 20tb!?
Can you provide pics of these things, never even heard of such a thing

waiting on GPU prices to unfuck themselves before upgrading.

a midrange GPU like a rx580 or a gtx1060 or 1070 and a 256gb m.2 ssd

Thanks for the resources, really helpful. I'm probably going to go with silent; is silent totally silent, or as loud as a typical rubber laptop keyboard? If it's totally silent, is there a key type that makes about as much sound as a rubber laptop keyboard? I think that's a good balance between being audible and being totally obnoxious.
I'm kinda leaning towards Topre at the moment with Cherry Browns and Clears as runner-ups. What are those like? Are the Topres expensive?

lol sux brah

80% of them?