Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE
vimeo.com/11219730
youtube.com/watch?v=hRguZr0xCOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im watching it right now; it seems to be influenced by the movie La Haine

That's a dope flick.

Justice is great too.
Also, acording to one of the commenters, a woman being assaulted says "you're having fun recording this, asshole?" which makes it even better. Hope someone can confirm

I remember when this came out.

The video is named "stress"

guess it's how you're supposed to feel or some shit, but smashing stuff is cool.

i smashed your moms puccy & it was bretty cool

mods dont ban me for this post
i got trips

Edgy.

Paris is an irreparable shit hole, what else is there to mention?

This is the music video to Stress, a popular 2007 club hit produced by French electro-house duo Justice. It's definitely one of their bests, though I find their overall output and most of electro-house in general mediocre at best.

As you can see, it features a pack of French youngsters of immigrant descent carrying out a gratuitous, increasingly violent criminal raid over Paris filmed in quasi-documentary style.

Unsurprisingly enough, the video sparked controversy for its depiction of race and violence and it was banned from air even though it was never intended to be shown on TV. Justice responded that they supported neither gang violence nor racism, and it was just designed as a transgressive experiment of sorts.

The music video was directed by Romain Gavras (none other than celebrated filmmaker Costa-Gavras' son) from Kourtrajmé, an art collective associated with the French hip-hop scene whose works are often though not always satirical in nature. They also produced the hilariously bizarre 2008 documentary on Canadian rapper Roi Heenok.

To me, it was obvious from the start that the video was intended as an ironically aestheticized take on the fear-mongering, voyeuristic documentaries covering urban violence that grew ubiquitous at the time. Moreover, the video was released the same year conservative neo-liberal Nicolas Sarkozy was elected President, thanks in great parts to a sustained law-and-order platform with blatant racial undertones. It was Kourtrajmé's way of capturing the zeitgeist, and I think they did a pretty great job.

This is like ten year-old, though. How come they only hear of it now?

There are no "whites" among the offenders, you're thinking of the two teens that actually are of north-African descent. I know Arabs are usually described as "white" in the US but in France they sure aren't.

Justice is still some of the best the genre has to offer

Thye're far behind what music is fashionable

SMASHIE SMASHIE

Nothing triggering about it. It's a great window into modern life in Paris. Good song too

???? how did you arrive at this conclusion

there is an entire genre of music called fashwave that is electro-house in nature. like come on dude.

pretty good song.
tense, anxious music to a video of a bunch of punks smashing shit and beating people up.
Its a good video.
I dont get why you'd REEE. Violent angry teenagers roving around in gangs is a fittingly anxious and tense subject for the video to the song. Its called 'stress'

These two things have nothing to do with each other. Also fashwave isn't real

Funnily enough, Justice tracks are often used as background-music in the propaganda videos of the French section of the far-right zionist Jewish Defense League. I have no idea why.

but half the members were white.

They're LARP'ing fags regardless if this has anything to do with actual protest movements. Real anarchists radicals would be attacking the infrastructure of power itself (which I don't think is effective or necessary for acceleration collapse at all). For starters actually going after the property of elite institutes instead of defacing public property would be nice

Romain Gavras is one of the best music video directors around. Stress is fantastic but I feel when him and M.I.A. get together it's even better, pure magic.

youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE

vimeo.com/11219730

As stated earlier, they're not "Whites" but Arabs.

It's not a music video it's a shitty short film

A music video is a short film set to a specific music for artistic and/or promotional purposes.

bring back LEFTY ORMO PEACE SQUADS

buzzfeed.com/reggieugwu/fashwave
our music gets reported everywhere dude
thump.vice.com/en_us/article/trumpwave-fashwave-far-right-appropriation-vaporwave-synthwave
theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2016/dec/14/fashwave-synth-music-co-opted-by-the-far-right

what a fucking meme

this is how Holla Forumsacks are made
just a bunch of normal people who want to live a normal life
see this video
become a juiced up roid mountain and join the first local skinhead groups because what else is there to do, police sure as fuck isnt doing its job
congrats on your Holla Forumsack factory

What the fuck?
Do you literally just think anything depicted in any kind of art is supposed to be a good thing you're supposed to like?

It's a music video satirizing fear-mongering TV shows. It's not real.

BLACK POWER
Isn't this what we want to kill off whites? Then we can have our great Communist society, but it will only happen once there are no more whites.

Am I right my fellow go … I mean rainbow coalition of anti-fascists.

what

Only you can make our … I mean your dreams come true. You must always fight racism and sexism. You are sinful white nazi people, you have killed many poor and innocent and so you must be destroyed.

Whites cannot be allowed to survive because they have always done evil. We need Capitalism or Communism, race based systems are so unfair.

What do they have in common with this video?
The point of it is to depict how people from banlieues (projects) and immigrant offspring are expected to behave, as portrayed by mass media.
I'm not a leftie, but sperging out at the slightest hint of non-native violence is immensely autistic and I blame the outbreak of memes for it

Nostalgic for 09 /mu/ and I've always loved that obscure Devo sample.

youtube.com/watch?v=hRguZr0xCOc

it's sad that leftypol does not have any knowledge about more activist dance music aka underground music. see residentadvisor.net for a website who mostly focuses on this. the underground is outspokenly left wing.

justice is just commercial entry level electro-house for the masses. the dance version of commercial punk.
they still have some arty ties, but their main audience has no awareness of this. they just think the cross looks cool and the music sounds bad-ass. see also gesaffelstein video with the over the top fetishistic military video. the uneducated alt-rightist which main cultural consumption is internet videos take their satirical critique as actual propaganda and /oneofthem/.

it's going all the same way as how you got something like nazi punk. fascists cannot create any original art on their own and therefore appropriate left wing art.

The alt right thrive off having satire and critique fly over their heads.

gay and fake

Wholly unrelated incidents?

I can't dance though

MIA is a goddess in her own right tbh