JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, THIS EXPANSION IS TOTAL GARBAGE

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, THIS EXPANSION IS TOTAL GARBAGE.

I don't want to play as corrupted Chaos marines, but every fucking action you take corrupts you. Put on this armor? Corrupted. Throw the armor away? Corrupted. I got 9 corruption points on my whole squad just tossing armor away not realizing it was altering them just that I was doing that.

The only way to get redemption points is to do missions perfectly. I just started "The Rescue" mission. You are required to bring Cyrus or he becomes corrupted, you're trying to save ten of his Scouts. I start the mission, run straight forward and save the first group. I go forward and find the next group and begin trying to rescue them. A cutscene starts, and when it's over the counter has dropped from 10 to 5, meaning my characters are going to get corruption points for those five deaths THAT HAPPENED DURING A FUCKING CUT SCENE. Every fucking redemption scenario is like this. Two missions earlier I'm offered a simple choice, destroy the gate or activate the switch to lower it. Destroying it corrupts you, lowering it DOESN'T DO JACK SHIT. Then a new objective comes up, save the Imperial Guardsman base, or get corrupted. So I scour every fucking inch of the map, and there's nothing to indicate where this fucking base is, so it's destroyed while I'm looking for it CONGRATU-FUCKYOU, MORE CORRUPTION POINTS!

Its easy to play the whole expansion with 0 corruption, git fucking gud.

Proof? So I can use it to not suck?

Are you playing on a higher difficulty or something? It's perfectly balanced on normal. All you get on the harder difficulties is a massive HP boost and a mild damage boost for enemies, so everything is just a shitty, tedious damage sponge.

What, you want me to stream a full playtrough for you so you can stop sucking? Like I said, get proficient.

I'm gonna give you some tips tho, the scout mission is admittedly bullshit since the engagement in the right uppermost corner is really hard, when you start the mission kill the guys north west from the drop pod then head to north east. If you cant kill the dreadnaught fast enough / block/kill the reinforcements they'll blow up the building with the scouts and you'll get corruption, just start again and be faster.
Helps to have units with AOE and speed like jonah and thaddius if you've got some good gear for him so he doesnt die right away.

You can get purity seals along the way that you can wear for redemption and you get one time use scrolls too aroun the time the ship arrives from warp. Just finish all side missions and you'll usually avoid corruption or even gain redemption.

Also make forcecommander a ranged and tarkus a melee, equip frorce with melta and facehug tanks / spacemarines with him and he will melt them in seconds. Just spam tactical advance and taunt with tarkus and kill with the rest of your guys.

Also for the base protecting mission if you mean the one fairly early on where chaos forces are bombing the IG you need to go to the upper right corner of the map to kill the chaos forces around the transmitter thats responsible for bombing the base, it says it pretty plainly in the damn task.

Melee tarkus is practically undying and can taunt people into melee so others can shoot, stack accuracy bonus armors and items on your units like pic related so you can reach 60-100% accuracy and shred some ass. Always go ranged force commander, I cant emphasize how fucking awesome the melta is on force commander once he gets the ranged weapon attack speed buff, he shoots about as fast with the melta as he does with a bolter and the melta just fucks everything up close.

The game isn't hard at all, it's the redemption conditions. I just gave you two examples, you don't get corrupted for your actions, you get corrupted for not meeting their conditions quickly enough. What am I supposed to do when I'm getting corrupted for shit that happens DURING CUT SCENES?

Maybe I'll just skip it and move on to Retribution.

The reason I assumed you were playing on a higher difficulty is that's really the only reason why you potentially wouldn't be completing objectives fast enough. Otherwise you should be pretty easily tearing through the entire game without issue, and getting way more than enough good boy points.

Is the corruption a bad thing? What does it do?

It's bad if you're trying to use good goy wargear, and good if you're trying to use bad goy wargear.

The only real bullshit mission is the scout rescue one, if you're having trouble with anything else you're just fucking shit m8.
I mean just look at this fucking damage. And my avitus prob has 100% chance to hit since force commander buffs for 40% and he gets 10% from his own gun and 20% from that armor.
Little shits get maimed by avitus, heavy shit gets melted by force commander and tarkus tanks with his face. Depending on the mission you take jonah / curys to bomb / magic the everliving shit out from the rest.

Honestly, I had no issue getting through the first game albeit slowly, but my issue is my laptop. If I was playing on my old set up the game would be running perfectly, but on what I'm limited to at the moment it runs rather sluggishly. I got through the first campaign no problem, but with the exception of those defense missions, virtually every mission took me 30 minutes or longer to complete just because of how slow everything was.

I'd have to massively respec to make the force commander ranged and tarkus melee though, I have them set up the exact opposite.

Changes the ending. Whichever of your dudes has the highest corruption has to be killed in one of the last missions. If you get to the end with no corruption it's instead a minor background character who was never in your squad. Good ending: You're praised for your efforts and assume command of the sector. Neutral ending (ANY CORRUPTION AT ALL): To atone for your sins your squad is sentenced to fly into the Eye of Terror and atone for your "crimes" by fighting Chaos alone and without aid for one hundred years. Bad ending: You join Chaos outright and your chapter is now hunting you.

Incidentally, when do I regain the use of my terminator armor? All the suits I had from the last campaign are marked as "needing to be repaired by a techpriest."

What the fuck. You should be flying through every mission.

Autism and beta bitch faggot.

I made the same mistake on my first playthrough since it doesnt make any sense lore wise but shit is what it is. Try it on your next playrhough.
Also there is a third ending too, if you only get a little corruption but still complete the missions doing good shit.

You get power armor capability after you find martellus and save him in the mission, he repairs them for you after that and pretty much right away after that there are few missions that give pretty good terminator suits as a reward too.
Also playing with a friend is recommended, you get extra items and shit on your next playthrough if you've played with someone else. XP scrolls, stat boost scrolls and some items etc.

If you're still having trouble after you've finished the first playthrough I'm up for a coop playthrough if you still feel like it later.
Sorry for shitting on you that hard at the start.

Put a little effort in please

It's an RTT game, ya git!.

The expansion was bad because corruption was always something to resist and not something to embrace, and even if you did go 100% corruption you'd end up losing one of your heroes on top of the dreadnought. Nothing changes for you except your epilogue and your marines never change their uniforms.

Sorry to say but the only appropriate response to your post is git gud

I'd argue its not a problem since you cant use every unit anyway and some are just objectively worse than others, theres hardly any reason to choose thule over avitus. Thaddeus is worse than jonah damage wise unless you end up using that one skill that lets you spam jump / teleport and makes it explode.
Pretty wrong, the chaos perks change a lot how the skills work actually and offers a different playstyle to normal, most drastic example is tarkus becoming basicly a plague marine.