So I'll probably be called a kike and I have no business experience so bear with me...

So I'll probably be called a kike and I have no business experience so bear with me. This is just a simple concept I've been thinking about.

Would increasing the price of games to something insane (like lets say, 100 bucks) for a console game be a deterrent for normalfags?

I remember as a kid my mother being upset that games went from 30 to 40 to 60 dollars. I also remember that you had to choose your games wisely because without the disposable income, you had to make your purchase last. Would this be a good incentive for developers to make games since they can potentially turn a higher profit off an audience that would be smaller (since i can't imagine normalfags spending or willing to spend 2x on a game)?

Or is this just stupid, optimistic business and I have no idea what I'm talking about? Do normalfags just spend tons of disposable income on whatever they want?

Normalfags would still buy their sportsball vidya

Only normalfags buy console games, and they're already perfectly happy with a $60 game plus a $30 season pass at release, after tax that already shakes out to be $100+.
Is this a serious question?

Games used to cost around 120 bucks as a standard.

However, the consumer ultimately decides the worth of a product and the price it costs. This fails with games because gamers never stand their ground and make shit purchases anyway.

Now calculate this for inflation and you'll have your answer.

Yes, this one.
While the press may say otherwise, the general public are not that stupid. The people who waste so much of their money on this shit are actually in the minority. The only way they can charge more upfront without losing much profit is if the publishers put out a higher quality product. That's how it works in Japan with the otaku community.

They are already at 80$ in cuckedleaf land and no one complain about the price.

Stupidly optimistic and a little autistic. Its good tactic for Niche Products if you don't overdo it like German anime publishers with their 20€ per 4 episodes have. You also forget that the economic system works like a spider web and not like a machine. The impulse you put in doesn't affect only one part of the System but the entire system. There are also 1000 ways it could go wrong. What if nobody buys and every game ends up in the bargain bin? What if nobody is buying games anymore? Also don't forget that it only works a tactic to keep normalfags away from niche games, if there are enough cheaper distractions.

Probably. Even if they already shell out almost that much for the DLC and tax on top of the game, they'll still notice the sticker price increase.

Yes. There is absolutely zero (0) incentive for publishers to not find the sweet spot between profit and saleability and for now that sweet spot is $60 + DLC.

Stop being so stupid.

This is the entire reason why console gaming is still more successful than PC gaming. PC will win in every metric that tells how much money is flowing but people fail to understand there is less competition on console and every tard will pay full price for the game whereas a significant portion of PC users will buy on sales only and have many more games to pick from (nowadays, games at all).

Things are not as fucked as the gaming industry but that's just wrong.

Why can't publishers just manage their money better? A game shouldn't cost 80 million to make, the fact that they "need" microtransactions and loot boxes to recoup costs is a fucking joke.

Lowering the price on Vidya would make normalfags buy more games, which might seem bad, but it also means they'd have more games to play, which would broaden their tastes and make them stop falling for the "play MP forever and buy mappacks goy!" model, and it would kick Todd Howard in the dick by limiting the appeal of "you can play this sandbox rpg forever!" marketing strategies.

What I'm getting at is that normalfags are only part of the problem. They have no choice but to spend their hard earned shekels and GameStop Trade-in funbux on the games that they think are the most worth it.. So they stick to Cod, Madden, and games like PUBG because they feel secure in knowing there is a strong following for these games made by big studios. This means multiplayer will stay active and DLC will keep things "fresh" for a while longer.

Now, imagine you're a normalfag and you can now afford to buy 3 more games in a year, or 6 more. 10 more. Your options are wide open. Not only do you feel less betrayed when a purchase turns out to be shit, but you are also more impressed when a $20 game ends up being just 'pretty good'. When I worked at FUCKING GAMESTOP selling moderately good games for low prices ended up getting me a lot of happy customers.

What's even better is that in the long term, this means more genres can flourish more easily. It denies the marketing kikes and overpaid ad agencies their perceived sense of market control. A market opened up by lower prices is less controlled by false trends and forced memes. It means copying the best-seller of last year will not guarantee your success.

The reason that DLC, season passes, and other microtransaction cancer exist in the console space is that a $100 sticker price up front will be rejected by the market. By keeping the retail price flat and charging for post-purchase extras, they make their $100+ without repelling consumers.

Most money is wasted on marketing AAA games like movies. As I have mentioned in another thread: Some Studios hire and fire on project to project basis and pay minimum wage.

Already happening online with a new wave of independent devolopers who aren't some Bearded fuck from whimsical Funemployed City.

i.e. compete with PC. And that is all what's left I suppose. I really heard someone unironically saying, that having exclusives is not the purpose of a console, but ease of access.

This user has the right of it. I always end up taking risks on Steam when prices drop below ten dollars. I remember dropping ten bux on Dark Souls 3 with almost total surety my potato couldn't run it. Turns out, it could! At three frames a fucking second, thank god for refunds. On the other hand, I have never regretted Senran Kagura, which I snapped up for a nice five during some deep-ass sale that might or might not have been a bug. And that doesn't even begin to touch the 2 or three dollar drops that have ballooned my backlog by 600+ games, or getting MonHun Generations FOR LITERALLY A DOLLAR from someone at a call center I was working at.

you're that kike from the other thread who tried to push shareware, you're fucking retarded and people will just fuck off from YOUR games or pirate.

The thing you have to understand is that companies which are over-implementing microtranssexuals like EA are not exactly catering towards normalfags. They are hoping to suck some of them in with small purchases perhaps, but when that happens the dynamic changes. The people who spend the entire retail price of the game again on MTs are no longer normalfags even if they were before, they are whales at that point. Companies like EA are focused on milking these whales, not normalfags who buy a game, play it once and are done. Raising the price in the way you describe deters normalfags because they would not spend that much money on a video game unless they like to flaunt their money. The irony of making games for mass market appeal is that the subsequent entries in the franchise always become more focused in their targeting because the game builds a fanbase and then the developers cater to that fanbase. There are only a few franchises that manage to avoid this; Mario is one of them, seemingly.

But companies are already charging 100 dollars for the full game OP. In order to unlock all of the on disc dlc you have to pay 30 to 40 dollars on top of the base game, which is incomplete intentionally like a demo. The dlc scheme of recent years is yet another clever way of diguising inflation by hiding it in a small and smaller base portion of the game, just like how candy bars and snack cakes are the same price they were 10 years ago, but 50 smaller. Those items, had they stayed the same size would have doubled in price. Likewise, if there was no dlc method to hide price increases, video games would be simply sold for $100.

And no this will not deter normalfags, as already they flush their money down the drain with retarded ultimate editions and buying into the season pass Jew. If you could have data on Xbox live for example, I bet the average spent on the full game plus all the nickle and dime horse armor shit amounts to about $100 a person.

normalfags are slow on the uptake, not eternally dumb and unknowing. Be careful when you say something is forever, because nothing is.

Most games ARE $100 on release tho.
They are $60 and the season pass is $40, most normalfags fork over the $100 for both.

Anyone with a brain and a good sense of money handling has switched to PC gaming by now. Nintendo might manage to stay in the console market by offering something unique that PCs can't offer in their hardware, but MS and Sony both seem to be offering nothing but overpriced PCs with arbitrary limits. I predict that the next generation will be the last for them, and the old PC standby of "never buy a game for more than 20$" will become an industry standard again.

Plus, not having to develop for consoles will almost definitely drive the development costs down and increase accessibility.

Just present your idea as is, no need for charade.
$100 bucks is a lot for a game, even when it is a good game that lasts you hours and is absolutely complete (without any DLC/lootcancer). The problem is, publishers aren't as stupid as you think. They are excellent in kiking people out of their money, but they know that if you make your game a single-purchase $100 expense, very few people are willing to pay for that. Instead, they charge the 'normal' price in $60 and make the other $40 off transactions.

If a game is worth more money I don't think people would mind paying as much for them. As it is, people are trying to do less but get paid more/the same.

Price increases decrease demand, price decreases increase demand, demand price increases and prices increase increasinly

that's cause our money is worth about 30% less than burgerbucks, I complain about it all the time though, I only buy games full price if I know I'll get at least 50 hours of fun gameplay minimum

If price was a deterent then Macs and iphones wouldn't still be pumping new product in the market year after year

This is what gets me about the retarded (lack of) logic of normalfags, a game that includes everything with a standard price of $100 is too much, but if you put the same content together as a "special"or "deluxe" edition, they'll gladly fork out the same amount of money without a second thought.

I know people that think this too. They still always use the same old tropes to try and argue against PC gaming and they get butt-blasted when they're told that their shiny modern consoles are basically just single-purpose, idiot-proof PC's.

This wouldn't be an argument if consoles would be nice enough to use RISC chips or other insane architecture. The only argument for them are physical copies if you don't get jewed so hard that you have actually bought a mini Frisbee. The switch is a weird experiment of creating a hybrid between handheld and home console to get the best of both worlds. I don't know what to think about it.

Well, you're here forever, that's one.

Absolutely.

sauce?

This reminds me of that one standup comedian who suggested gun crimes would go down if ammo prices went up. Nah, it's a stupid idea that's doomed to fail.

wargames usually do that or they have a shitload of DLC for every single aspect of the game, that's where paradox got their habit from

this worked for the smoking industry, raising cigarette prices did lower cigarette users, but that's a whole other industry so there's not much room for comparison

no

And subtract the MUCH higher cost of cartidges VS disks or digital.

If the goal is to determine normalfags just make it ganoo slash linucks exclusive, except noone would do such a thing because you wouldn't make a profit.

sage for retard.

If you don't know who that slut is then you're a fucking newfag and need to lurk moar

Jessica Nigri

Normalfags are incapable of properly managing their money. It's not even about "disposable" income; spending more than you make is the national fucking pastime.

This is like asking: if Starbucks raised the price to $30 a cup, would the normalfags kick their daily fake-coffee addiction? No, they would keep buying it and just go EVEN FURTHER into debt.

All this would do is chase away all the rest of the careful, pragmatic game players, and saturate the market even MORE with normalfags.

user, what you're saying and the way you type tells me you're the one who needs to go back.

You are a lower life form. Leave.

You too.

Considering she's the poster child of cosplay sluts and is a big meme, yeah.

Consider "Gold Editions" at launch that come with enough in game currency to skip microtransactions costing ~$80-$100 as one purchase
Effectively there is no new content, so it isn't like something where after gold certification they start on DLC.
You are paying extra for content you technically already paid for.
So in a sense it already is a thing.

Well technically, that's autists with mostly nonviable cryptocurrencies.

It costs more then user

most of my snes library came from rental shops shutting down.
Theres still a fucking place north of town that rents out old games and vhs tapes though pizza is their main business now.

Crypto's been a thing for years newfaggot, it's just now that normalfaggots caught the meme.

Okay.