Would Big Boss still be a cool character if part of the whole MGS story didn't revolve around his eyepatch?

Would Big Boss still be a cool character if part of the whole MGS story didn't revolve around his eyepatch?

It seems to be an integral part of his character. It's an indication of what somewhat happened in Operation Snake Eater, and it represents to me what it feels like to be torn up by war.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/272/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Holy shit, he fucking sucks without that patch. Yet they did that with MGS3 and I thought he wasn't even half bad.

Hell no, it completely discards that "evil looking myterious Sean Connery megavillain" ripoff look that Kojima was aiming for in MG2. He got way obsessed with movies way before MGS.

pic related

apparently MG games work only for console fags. they're buggy af to work with on PCs otherwise I would've tried them. Big Boss seems like a real cool cat but they have yet to make a decent port for it on PCs

Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain work perfectly fine on PC. The only problem is that you'll be missing a lot of shit if you have no knowledge of the series, and the story will be more confusing than anything. All the PSP games emulate fine in PPSSPP, as far as I know. Metal Gear Solid on PS1 should emulate fine, and, even if it doesn't, I know Twin Snakes on GC does. The problems are 2, 3, and 4. I don't know how well PCSX2 emulates 2 and 3, and 4 is completely unemulatable. Metal Gear Rising also plays fine on PC, but it's only tangentially related to the rest of the series. The most important games to MGSV's plot are 3, Peace Walker, and, to a lesser extent, MGS1. V gives some context to MG and MG2, but it's hardly important, and most people think it's dumb, anyway.

no, not really

4 runs good on PC, depending on the emulator. I've had a lot of success with Youtube in the past.

No.

he looks more fierce and serious with the eyepatch on, no?

There is a PC port for MGS1 that I had no trouble with.

Nah, I'd say he looks fierce and serious either way.

Nah, but you are legitimately making my head hurt from seeing those images side by side.

For Big Boss, his eyepatch is like his underwear: never let yourself be seen without them

Source of the face texture? there is a black area over where his right eye goes in mine.

Snake has an eye patch because Snake Plissken does. Kojima watched Escape from New York and thought "I'm going to write a back story to this guy but for a video game"

nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/272/?

Looks like he should be in an alley somewhere, drinking cheap wine, with no pants on.

MGS 2 was released for pc, and there's a fan patch that fixes most problems for modern computers. 3 emulates ok if you have a powerful PC (but you will most likely struggle with pressure sensitive buttons). The biggest hurdle is 4, but then again, 4 is fucking shit

No you retarded kojimacuck, it represents being a fucking pirate.

If I take that off, will he die?

That would explain everything
*dives into Christmas tree*

I was expecting to get memed on but fucking hell.

There's a PC version that beats even the HD re-releases. Emulation is stupid.

I thought we were banning faggots like you on sight?