How would you make this trainwreck good? Is it even salvageable at this point?

How would you make this trainwreck good? Is it even salvageable at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/v5FaT).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Add lootboxes and microtransactions of course

Personally, I would like to see more lootboxes and microtransactions

Lootboxes, microtransactions, social media integration, Twitch integration, and make George Soros the protagonist.

2 and Brotherhood were pretty fun, but for some reason they stopped having actual stealth missions in later ones. It used to be that when killing targets, you'd have a big mission where you would sneak in and get to them to assasinate them. But they whole series forgot it was a stealth game and started going for the sheer spectacle of killing dudes with fancy gadgets and cool combos.

Lootboxes, microtransactions, social media integration, Twitch integration, make George Soros the protagonist and every character is a tranny.

Sue Ubisoft for the rights to the franchise, then retcon everything.

Lootboxes, microtransactions, social media integration, Twitch integration, make George Soros the protagonist, every character is a tranny and all boss fights are skippable.

I fell for the asscreed 2 is good meme and I fucking hated every second I played it. Every time someone mentions terrible game design I immediately think of asscreed 2. Granted I haven't played any of the other games, but they all look shit

Probably unsalvageable. The tailing missions in the game are long, drawn out boring segments, the story is shit (both the modern and past stories), the kill-a-guy-and-run-from-police-and-hide-in-a-hay-stack routine gets old real quick. I don't really know how to make those mechanics "fun", and if you removed them all how would you even fill up the rest of the game?

I think the love that Assassin's Creed 2 gets is from coming out at a time when online FPS games were reaching peak cancer levels. The first two Assassin's Creed games felt relatively fresh imo, but after a while you realize it's a thinly veiled walking simulator.

Microtransactions to let you share achievements and screenshots via social media.

It was never a stealth game. You can't even crouch.

As someone that doesn't play this series… Get rid of any mention of the world out side the machine. You can have small references but don't drag your player out of the world, "cus mah simulation".

Basically steal with Nemesis system from Shadow of mordor. Have randomizes captains that spawn, which stats, and as you fail to kill them, they get more powerful…. no wait… maybe get rid of this. and focus heavily on stealth.

As for my new game in the series, you start out as a thief. Add mechanics for thieves .

I only played a little bit of the third game and was thoroughly bored the whole 90 minutes or so I put in it. Story was meh, combat was meh and the "open world" was meh.
Is there actually any good reason to play any of the other games, because they really don't seem very interesting.

Make it medieval Hitman like it should have been in the fucking first place. I have no fucking idea what Ubisoft was thinking, it's so goddamn obvious.

I do not disagree

Instead we get gramsci action adventure 78.

Lootboxes and microtransactions and social media integration so I can show my bros the cool stuff I got!

This is why Ubisoft is the worst company in this industry. They couldn't come up with simple shit like this even if their lives depended on it.

It was never meant to be that, otherwise there would be no Animus/Abstergo/ancient aliens bullshit in the first place.

Why? That's just retarded story shit, the gameplay could still very much be medieval Hitman.

Not that we didn't see it coming, but it was still hilarious

So, what is the backstory anyway? You travel through the memories of your ancestors and somehow that changes the present?

Generic Evil Corporation™ uses you to find Alien McGuffin#1235 by having you trudge through your ancestors memories.

Aliens did it.

They could've made a simple medieval assassin game without the whole genetic memory thing. But they didn't, they included Desmond and Abstergo from the first game. It was meant to take a path it did.

Usually it's a bullshit excuse to find some ancient artifact made by ancient aliens. Desmond was kidnapped by Abstergo so he could help them find the Apple of Eden IIRC.

Basically it's one big mishmash that's impossible to follow.

Even when it started it wasn't very good, but I played it for the story. And over time it got so bad I stopped caring. Last AC I played was Black Flag.

So… what needs to be changed. You as a character are way to strong. Just like in Styx you should avoid combat. Hidden blades are very strong, there is no reason to ever upgrade your weapons to be honest. Also not a very big fan of wallhacking (yes I know, there is a wallhack in styx too). Other than that it needs to know where it has to end. It should have ended with AC3 but they dragged it on. What even is the current state of the story?

WE

You guys tried their multiplayer? That shit was fun but also needs some work.

Introduce a decent PC and proper nightcrawling mechanics.

The only objectively good thing about AC are locations. Venice and Florence were amazing, it was so fun to jump from one rooftop to another and enjoy the view.

The locations were good, it adds to the atmosphere and story. And even thought I liked Black Flag as a game, the locations were not as impressive as the ones in ac2 and brotherhood. I liked revelations and constantinople too.

A company pays you lots of money to take part in a medical experiment.
Turns out they want to get into the memories and experiences of your ancestors that are somehow saved on your DNA (which is also a theory proposed by modern day scientists to explain why the Holocaust may be having an effect on jews, even though they never experienced it first hand archive.is/v5FaT).
You do some things in the memories, and as it turns out that the company that pays you is actually an offshoot of the old templars, who have continued to exist for a long ass time now, and have contacted YOU specifically because of your ancient genetic memories to figure out the secrets of the assassins.
So some modern day assassins kidnap/free you from the facility, put you into a dream machine as well, and try to figure out the secrets of the assassins.
ALIENS out of fucking nowhere. You figure out that XENOS SCUM gave earth powerfull artefacts, which can alter time and space, and assassins are actually trying to safeguard them from the templars. All the relics the templars been huntin? Alien relics.
It also turns out that you can literally find one of them in the modern time, by literally going to some castle in iran where all of this assassin bullshit started and digging at some walls and doing puzzles.
So you get that thing, which allows you to alter space and time and you don't and that's where I stopped giving a fuck.

Oy vey it was real in my genes.

sounds like you have played a lot of ac, I stopped long before aliens got added.

So you only played the first one?

They talked about aliens in ac2? I thought those things were supposed to be "gods".

They introduced them at the end of two. The pope you beat up called them gods but I'm pretty sure it was "Minerva" specifically and she says they are aliens and created everything.

Isu are Annunaki, they're aliens who came to Earth and created humans so they could serve them.

I imagine someone at Ubisoft read Chariots of the Gods and thought it would be a good idea to base a game on.

I put probably 200 hours into the AC Revelations multiplayer. Sure, it was a flawed game, but it was fun as shit, and there's really nothing like it. Real shame they gave up on it after Black Flag, to focus on the god awful, everyone's the same character, co-op.

I'm not terribly familiar with the franchise, but:

These two alone would be an improvement.

They should make a new AC in which you get to beat up mohammed

It was a Borgia pope, so it doesn't really matter. Like beating up a fat jew dressed in the Pope's robes.

That's my two cents.

Le ebin joke fellow anonymooze always funnier the 1337 time XD

I don't know how the original got a sequel since it was a repetitive pile of shit. I can st least say I like 2 and Brotherhood. Have tried twice to play Revelations and both times quit half way through. Way too boring. Still have 3 unopened in the plastic wrap.

You play as a Templar and go Deus Vult on leftists and minorities throughout history. Also, Byzantine fire ships.

I also want to see more games from Templar perspective like Rogue. Also it's a shame Haytham never got his own proper game. Instead of Templar James Bond we got an autistic native American.

I would fucking love not being a walking armory. Especially when I'm trying to be a pirate in 4 and forget all about the gay assassin shit but I am stuck with this stupid blow pipe on my shoulder that I never use.

Is unity still a buggy piece of shit? or have they made it playable?

We all know AC4 would have been better as a standalone, sandbox pirate game.

dont bother with 3, they tried to shove all these new gameplay elements in and were all extremely poorly executed. barely any tall stuff to climb, literal tall trees were viewpoints. it was a rushed unpolished game with poor direction and storytelling. play blackflag or the templar one i think its called rogue. they are the only ones worth your time if you enjoyed 2 and brotherhood and absolutely HAVE to play another asscreed
fuck ubisoft and fuck what this series has become

Assassin's Creed
more like ASS-ASS-in's CREAM(pie)

those are not aliens, are an anicient civilization that populated earth before humans

stop being a total nigger.

AssCreed 3 was actually the worst one of all, excepting out of game breaking bugs. I would playing Asscreed Brotherhood or 2 for maybe 45 minutes or so and see if you enjoy it. Most of the fun comes from climbing across the rooftops of ancient cities, but colonial america and forests were the most boring places imaginable to be climbing the buildings of.

First
Just fucking do it

Now for the second step this can go two ways

At this point, just end the fucking series. Its unsalvageable and they already blew all their load on previous games.

Actually have challenging assassinations or entire levels based on one.Think a level from thief in scope but the target is to assasinate the target or hitman and you got it, then make the open world around these levels drastically smaller but filled with more interesting locations, no minimap and no ubisoft towers either

glossary:
Desmond = the main character, his family lineage contains DNA from ancient Assassins and Templars, and he is one of the only remaining humans alive in modern times that is imbued with Precursor DNA, which means that he can use and control the Pieces of Eden
The Ones Who Came Before = Also known as the Precursors, they're a society of advanced alien life forms that created humanity to serve them as a working class
Piece of Eden = a piece of technology created by The Ones Who Came Before, which emits some type of frequency that can be used to control humans like cattle
Abstergo Industries = a modern day, multibillion dollar, international corporation that is run by the Templar order
Assassins = Based on the "hashashins", the bronze age Islamic sect created by Rashid ad-Din Sinan, in this universe they are an international political force that "fights for freedom of the common man" and enacts political change by assassinating key political figures who stand in the way of that goal.
Templars = Like the Assassins, the Templars are based on the Knights Templar, a Catholic military order that was active during the Crusades.

To continue where this user left off:

To provide some context, it should be mentioned that in the second game, Minerva came to Ezio in a vision that was relayed to Desmond while he was in the Animus, and she revealed to him that on the final day of the Mayan calendar, December 21, 2012, humanity would receive a catastrophic world-rending event in the form of a solar flare that will scorch the planet and eradicate a large majority of the population.

Desmond and the modern day Assassins who rescued him from Abstergo manage to locate a Piece of Eden, which is located in Rome beneath the Colosseum in a hidden chamber and not in Iran, and when Desmond touches it, he is greeted by the soul of Juno, one of the Ones Who Came Before, who possesses his body and forces him to kill one of the members of the group, because she was supposedly a Templar double agent. He freaks out and goes into a coma, and his friends place him inside the Animus, because they somehow believe that doing so will allow him to regain consciousness. While in the Animus, Desmond realizes that his psyche is shattered and he cannot distinguish between his memories and those of his ancestor, so Desmond manages to use the Animus to retread Ezio's later years in order to sort out his perception and repair his broken mind.

During this time, Desmond's group have been en route to an ancient Precursor site that is located somewhere in a cavern in a mountainous region in New York. They're being pursued by Abstergo agents but they manage to enter the site and set up their workstations. Their goal is to find another set of artifacts that can be used to open the gigantic door that is located in the main chamber. With the threat of a Templar siege and an impending solar flare, the team has precious time to find the location of the keys to unlock this site, as they believe that it will contain something that will allow them to protect the planet from impending doom. Newly recovered Desmond enters the Animus yet again in an attempt to relive through the memories of a new ancestor, Connor, in order to find out where the key for the Precursor site is located. In between bouts in the Animus, the team head to various places throughout modern times and collect a few of these artifacts that can act as energy sources to power the Precursor gate.

As Desmond explores Connors life, he is bombarded by visions from the Precursors, who he comes to learn were eradicated by a catastrophic event like this millennia ago. Ultimately, he realizes that Juno's soul is trapped behind the gate, and she can use the Piece of Eden to temporarily save the planet, but he will lose his life if he chooses to release her from imprisonment. If he chooses to allow the solar flare to happen, then he will survive and be considered a prophet and a savior to mankind, but a religious institution will form around his likeness, and as humanity rebuilds itself, the same ideological problems that the Assassins and Templars face today will continue to exist, and the hundreds of years of work between the two factions will be rendered obsolete.

In the end, Desmond chooses to sacrifice himself to open the gate, Juno is released, and the solar flare is negated. However, Abstergo agents manage to acquire Desmonds body, the Piece of Eden, and dissect it, and will now use it to conduct research on technological advancements, and use the general population to test them, which is why the later games are about YOU THE PLAYER WHO REALLY SEES THROUGH THE ILLUSIONS.

I loved the multiplayer. It was kind of ruined by how often players would just sprint around on rooftops all the time, but when you got into a match where everyone was trying to fool each other with clones, hiding in crowds, sitting on benches etc it was so fun to play. It felt so good immediately jumping to the top of the leaderboard when you got one really good kill, or when you managed to lose your pursuers by tricking them into killing an NPC and then slapping them.

I used that skill that turned the crowd into a copy of you, then I would sit alone on a bench and watched my pursuers jump into the crowd and try kill civilians. I love playing mind games, to bad this is rarely possible in newer games. When you are in first place you end up having like 3 people on your ass, which makes shit very tricky. You can't really move around without someone detecting you.

I didn't like that ending. I was expecting AC3 to finish the series, but instead Desmond died for nothing and the series continues to get milked. Imagine the series ending there, Black Flag could have been a normal.

I didn't like the multiplayer much. Brotherhood's multiplayer was too simple, and it was all centered around Deathmatch. Revelations' multiplayer was better, where they introduced other game modes like Artifact Assault and Domination. III's multiplayer was sort of a step backward from Revelations, as it featured smaller maps and a worse overall scoring system, though Artifact Assault was still pretty decent and Wolfpack can be fun if you play on your own. I didn't play Black Flag that much, but my impression was that it was just a copy paste of III's with no real improvements to speak of, although it featured a custom game mode editor that allowed you to play matches according to your specifications (i.e. no minimap/detection UI, no secondary weapons like guns, relegated to a specific series of maps, etc)
Yeah, it was a shitty way to end the story they initially introduced. I get the impression that the writers were conflicted between resolving the story and leaving things open for sequel bait, and as a result they wrote themselves into a corner, which ultimately served to do nothing more than shatter any tension or weight the story could've provided. This has been said many times before, but they should've either wrote a game that involved Desmond as the protagonist, that took place in the modern times, and that did something to address the main philosophical differences that each faction has and in a nuanced way, or they should've just dropped the modern day storyline from the beginning and made each game about a new character in a historical time period without trying to connect them together somehow.

It's actually quite easy.
Assassin's Creed Unity is unironically the best Assassin's Creed game, but because of all the bad but justified PR, Ubisoft took the series in the wrong direction again. It basically should be an open-world Hitman.

Easy. Stop pretending the Templars aren't the good guys.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Trash the whole thing alltogether and just turn it into a Thief clone in third person with good climbing mechanics.

Have the "Simulation" but it turns out that it's real and the people you kill in the past, change the future.

Have the missions in different sets of time instead. And depending on who you kill (you can choose which ones to murder since you're an assassin) it will change how the next settings look like.

What's wrong with you?

Fuck I forgot how good that was, I had fun moving at the same velocity as any other NPC trying to not give myself out and keep my obj in sight
then the nigger rush on the wall and I can shoot him without even moving

Not defending that id hoping user, but some people have dynamic IP's and they change their ip whenever they have internet issues or try to bypass certain download limits. That causes your ID to change on Holla Forums too. So not everyone who changes his ID is doing this because he has something evil in mind.

You would be right on that if it wasn't 6 post with the same text or slightly changed to meme shit

Remove all games after the first two.

As I said, I am not defending him, I am just saying that generally speaking changing ID's is not always wrong. Was not talking about this user specifically.

Better controls. I was talking to my normalfag friend about asscreed and even he agreed the R1+X to parkour all over the place and the simplistic combat gets old really fast.

Personally, I think simply adding a jump button would make the game way better, as in you need to press a button to jump or else your character won't jump at all.
You hold the R1 button to run and then press X to jump when you want to jump, that could be, say, before an obstacle to just jump over it or right near it to vault over it. Besides, having to actually time your jumps would make the game way more fun and challenging, just imagine those giant temple runs on ass creed brotherhood I think it was brotherhood, at least where you actually need to jump instead of just holding two buttons and the stick forward.

The combat is also simple as fuck, and unfucking sword play with blade mode or something would interrupt the flow of the game, but the gadgets could make it more interesting. Something forcing the player to use them would be ideal, like situations where you need to use a smoke bomb and fucking book it, as opposed to just runing around a corner and enter a haystack.

QT assassins recruits like in brotherhood would also make the game better.

That said, the "is it salvageable" question implies ubisoft is willing to make a good uncasualized game that doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator and doesn't virtue signals, which just isn't true.

The biggest issues with AssCreed are twofold. One, the game is piss easy. Ubisoft can pile on mechanic after mechanic but unless the fact that there is no challenge in the game is address first it doesn't matter how many gimmicks they give you to play with. Secondly, the open world is pointless because there is nothing to do in it besides hoarding collectibles and completing boring side missions that are just recycled stuff you do during the main quest.

I think giving the player a ship to upgrade was a stroke of genius, since it's basically a mobile base, but it requires more depth, more branching upgrade styles, more types of ships, special crew members, etc.

Combat needs to be challenging to encourage stealth, and stealth must actually fucking work. It doesn't need to be hardcore, but just attacking head on shouldn't be the quickest way to complete a mission. Or just allow the players to spec their assassin however they want, so if they want to be a tank that packs a heavy punch they can do so. Also, varied equipment ala Dark Souls that actually changes how you approach combat situations. And take some cues for Hitman if the player wants to play up the social stealth aspects, killing the target and making it look like an accident (thus not increasing notoriety and heightening the defenses in the next missions).

As for the open world, just add fun stuff to do. Horse races, gambling, interesting moneysinks (like the town in AC2 but with an actual purpose) that should open additional missions that don't necessarily revolve around combat or parkour, just go crazy with the kind of stuff they had in the period.

And drop the fucking leftist cocksucking bullshit. Actually, just drop the Assassin vs Templar thing entirely, as well as ayys, and focus on various shadowy societies and their shenanigans across various historical locations and time periods. In the US you can play the role of a British spy trying to stop the revolution, in Japan you're a Shinsengumi agent trying to root out traitors, in Egypt you're trying to put the rightful Pharaohs back on the throne. Enough of boiling down history to infantile leftist levels of memery.

This tbh. The best thing was that you had to plan out the perfect assassination in high profile areas otherwise your target would flee, and the parkour element was extremely useful for that. It did always annoy me that you could never crouch, but the stealth was more superficial like hiding in haybales etc. I thought that 2 was best simply because of how any method you would try in order to assassinate targets you would inevitably face adversity; light infantry would chase you on rooftops, medium infantry would charge you in the streets and heavy infantry would make going toe to toe something to reconsider a little more often. Seemed like after 2 though, they took everything bad about it and just turned it into flashy set pieces and just stupid bullshit, but normal fags ate it up so they never stopped.

Seems so obvious, and yet beyond these people's reach.

Multiplayer was amazing, got my first taste of it in brotherhood. Fuck knows why they decided to drop. I seemed to recall nobody was even really playing it in black flag when I got it though unless I'm mistaken.

Are you fucking kidding me? There was no challenge whatsoever, you were basically a killing machine with so many health potions it made you unkillable and there was very little enemies could do to actually threaten you.

The fact Ubisoft didn't allow players to face each other in ships, trying to sink or board each other, is a crime against humanity. Filthy fucking leafs and surrender monkeys, as subhuman and Semitic as any Swede.

kiddie shit game tbh

Just make Black Flag but again.
Focus only on pirate shit.
Make it so you can become the captain of an entire fleet. Make it so you can create a country that you have to defend from the brits and spaniards.

That's without accounting for the assorted Ubishit bullshit, it was dead when supreme edgelord tryhard ezio was made the posterboy of the series.

Honestly removing the "modern day" angle would already make it miles better.

exactly, that's what made the games for me, and that's why I only like those 2, AC2 and brotherhood

AC2 is the better of the 2 though, because you changed location after a while in a city, and got to discover another city and make friends and stuff

Also the story was more mature, helping your brother escape from the room of a girl he fucked and stuff, classic italian comedic stuff, and it helped seeing the characters as being normal people and not some walking killing machine / god

IIRC I made the game harder for myself by not taking health potions until I was at 4 squares of health. I was very autistic about it, so I guess that's why I have fonder memories of it. Probably turned up the difficulty too because I was probably tired of the parry/kill system.
Ahh, I guess that explains that then.

The next meme in line is the Black Flag is a good pirate game.

Well Edward was pretty okay too before he turned into a assassin. He was basically a guy who wanted to get rich. He killed people, he stole shit, but not because of weird ideologies. Aiden Pearce from the first watch dogs game could have been a cool dude too if Ubisoft didn't write him so badly.

Because he wasn't a vigilante like batman. He is not helping people. He knowingly watches people get killed or attacked so he can step in and be a hero. I don't know, but I like it when characters are selfish like that. I hate these good guys who always do the right thing.

It's funny how in WD2 you play as a black criminal and there's no good goy/bad goy system anymore.

Honestly it was never that good a series. I suppose if they reworked it to be some strange sort of Thief-meets-Hitman style of thing that would be cool.

u wot m8

they only finally added in real stealth mechanics in unity, before that you couldn't even fucking crouch, it was always the blending in with the crowds and then climbing the building when guards weren't looking.

mk, so after desmond saved the earth while dying, he released juno who is now infecting computer systems around the world. this allows her to simultaneously fuck with both the assassins and templars to complete objectives that will bring about her reincarnation. it turns out that juno had a husband, whose name escapes me atm, who is reborn once a few generations or something, and is the key to juno's resurrection. this new archetype of human/precursor hybrid is known as a sage, as their minds are filled with visions of precursor temples and artifacts. the templars managed to acquire one artifact, a golden fleece that makes you invulnerable to damage, and are currently in the process of cloning a precursor and will attempt to use it to gain all the artifacts they can.

so what will most likely happen is that juno will take over this clone body and btfo both organizations. that's my prediction.

funny you mention pierce, because it turns out one of the people he kills in wd1 was a templar biggie.

Increased emphasis on the stealth aspects of the game, make the open world work as a tool for you to manipulate to set up the perfect assassination. Ducking and weaving through the crowd to drop some poison in a drink, or getting in close for a stab to the neck, are elements the series always claims to have but are rarely actually present. The latest game dropped the social stealth aspect entirely, which is what the franchise is fucking built on.

Maybe just flat out steal the fucking nemesis system so the player always has someone to kill, with unique conditions that make certain strategies better than others.

Drop the checklist open world design, and make your side objectives either proper quests or actually meaningful. The loot system isn't too bad of an inclusion but it seems to really undermine the whole stealth gameplay, so they could probably just be flat upgrades for your stealth tools. Extra length for your grappling hook, more effective poisons, faster parkour, etc; Doing these can lead to more information that can help you out during the assassination proper.

Drop the lefty shit, and axe the modern narrative entirely. Focus on having a likable protagonist in the past, or maybe just roll with character customization.

Ac was never good.
The first game was the most mind numbingly, boring ass game with literally nothing in it and it still blows my minds that there were enough normalfag cattle out there buying this garbage that it turned into a series with 39 games in one console generation.

try playing kangz creed for more than 10 minutes. a lot of the shit you complain about was addressed in it.

Reintroduce the VR missions, give the community nodding tools, and a hub to upload and download them. If Brotherhood has custom maps like Portal 2 it would probably be the most played.