ITT: Ruin anons day by reminding each other about cancelled games

ITT: Ruin anons day by reminding each other about cancelled games

There was a big budget sequel to Steambot Chronicles/Bumpy Trot on the PS3 and PC. With options to use additional controllers like the rock band ones to play music in a jazz band.

It was cancelled in favour of a waifushit mobage gacha that died within a month of release.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_cancelled_games
youtu.be/0a78kzAffb4
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=126109020
youtube.com/results?search_query=project awakened
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RIP

god damnit user, it would have been so good

Star Wars games that would have been kickass but will never see the light of day due to incompetence on the part of Lucasarts, as well as Disney's acquisition and subsequent selling of sole game dev rights to EA:

1313 was going to be Uncharted: Star Wars Edition. KOTOR 3 would have been made by BioWare and BF3 was shaping up to be a mess. Weep for never getting the sequel to Republic Commando, or more Jedi Outcast.

Bioware didn't start to go to shit until after they were bought out by EA and released the first mass effect in 07, and BF3 looked a hell of a lot better than what EA turned it into
Fair enough

Fuck, I forgot those were even going to be a thing

End of Nations
Tiberium
Actual Command & Conquer 3 Tiberian Incursion
Star Citizen

The Legends games were never good.

My sweet summer child.

Just because you believe it's a meme doesn't mean it's true.

Sounds pretty ok to me user

Shitty corridor shooter with almost zero roleplaying elements, only popular because of monstergirl fetishists and spergs that never read a science fiction book in their lives. Horrible story and horrible gameplay.

Both play like trash and are the same, exact BioWare RPG, one painted Star Wars and the other in Chinese. Both play like the most plebeian of console RPGS, with KOTOR having the distinct honor of being the cringiest piece of fan fiction ever written for Star Wars. Thankfully most people around here aren't children that enjoy playing a Mary Sue.

The gameplay is fun, the rest is just garbage. Also, Black Isle did all the heavy lifting for BioWare, hence why BG1 and 2 aren't complete trash.

(you)

It hasn't actually been cancelled yet. It's still considered "on hold".

It was cancelled because their headquarters got completely fucked up by a huge earthquake and they couldn't continue development you dumbfuck

Sorry for double posting last one. Getting an invalid password error when I try to delete it.

Fuck I made a total mess sorry

Your entire opinion is wrong.

Fallout 3

nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_cancelled_games
I found some interesting names here.

It makes sense, seeing as there are 3 goddesses. Ages centered on Nayru. Seasons centered on Din. But the third game for Farore never happened.

Slightly offtopic, but what games do have really nice large and spooky forests?

The Forest

The Long Dark Springs to mind.

Darkwood. It has an isometric camera though.

What it could've been.

Weep my brothers, weep.

user pls stop

By that standard, every SRPG is shit.

Jade Empire is a little better than KOTOR I think, the setting is at least a novelty, and the concept behind the open palm and closed fist system is a bit more compelling than your standard good and evil morality bar. even if they only utilize it as it should be used like three times and the twist with your mentor is well executed.

Ace Combat Rising never ever.

(you)

Never seen statement this true. It came from your post, not mine.

That isn't what I said though. Do you work for CNN? No wonder your taste in games is so shit.

i am truly saddened by this loss

How much money did you spend on spaceship JPGs user?

It's top down.

It would've changed the entire face of the series if Sega of Japan hadn't gone out of their way to murder it.

This, it was an act of God.

looks a little floaty, and the fisheye might be hard to look at after a while. Pretty otherwise, but it just comes that some parts could be awkward to play.

Project Offset

Not even DD online could fill the void.

The third Oracle game only really got cancelled because they couldn't figure out a good natural way to link three games together and have it work.

that was completely self inflicted. company has only themselves to blame

Never forghetti

KOTOR 3

Kotor 1 is the only good thing there.

FTFY

This looks like it would give people motion sickness after a while.

It still hurts. I'll never forget how upset I was when I learned that instead of KOTOR 3 we were getting an MMORPG of all fucking things.
I'm glad BioWare is dying. Can't happen soon enough.

Every fucking thread is this shit. Fucking hell, someone makes a thread, then everyone and their fucking mom want's to shift thread competently away from the subject.

And yet you wonder why no one in your day to day life, actually likes you and why your miserable and alone.Every fucking thread is this shit. Fucking hell, someone makes a thread, then everyone and their fucking mom want's to shift thread competently away from the subject.

And yet you wonder why no one in your day to day life, actually likes you and why your miserable and alone.Every fucking thread is this shit. Fucking hell, someone makes a thread, then everyone and their fucking mom want's to shift thread competently away from the subject.

And yet you wonder why no one in your day to day life, actually likes you and why your miserable and alone.

This and the loss of Deep Down hurt the most

FUCK YOU CAPCOM

Why?
Also didn't some user have a prototype of the game they said they could backward engineer? What happened to that? I remember Reddit and Kotaku whistleblowing that so EA probably stepped in.

With a little polish, it could have been super mario galaxy

Hello darkness my old friend

What about games that were murdered?

Supposedly rogue squadron 2 is still in some sort of legal hell,so,keep on hope.

I was excited for it because there was supposed to be an Imperial campaign. It's the closest I'll ever get to the glory of TIE Figther, but I know they're going to fuck that shit up because we can't have the goyim playing as the good guys, they might get funny ideas about shoahing the merchants.

It's gone, and never's never coming back.

And for what?
More server space for the Aion botfarm.

Isn't it nice to know that a game so widely loved by actual players, got killed in favor of a gook game that isn't even actually played by people?

Nothing of value was lost tbh.
DCUO is better in every regard, except for maybe monetization.

0/10

Tell me how I wrong.
Did it not have wow combat?

ITT: NIGGERS, FAGGOTS, SPICS, AND JEWS, RUIN VIDYA FOR US

HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG

That's the videogame industry for ya.

There was a time when MMO was the hottest thing. Bioware wanted to jump on the bandwagon and make some $€¥. Trends come and go.

Why don't you start by looking up their release dates.

You motherfucker.

Well it doesn't matter if wow popularized shitty tab-target cool down combat.
It's inherently shit and all games that feature it are by default garbage.

If you can't even be factually correct in your shitposting you shouldn't bother.

The real Beyond Good and Evil 2.

wow

wow

And then people cry about muh shitty mmos and ded genre.
You yourselves enabled it.

:^)

STOP

That wasn't on them, that was on a shitty company not caring about deadlines and then having more lawyers to fuck them back.

I didn't give them any money but I wanted this game.

RIP Arkane Studios. They were too good for this world.

You're right.

Fuck i wasn't ready for these feels

;-;

lol your investment is slowly deteriorating because of your substandard lossy container choice faget

It's almost done!

KEEP DONATING

I think its important to remember that gamers are tsundere.

Can't argue with sales numbers, WoW made billions. Clearly somebody was playing it.

It is clearly an inconvenient truth though.

You ruined my day.

(you)
now please kys

Yandere Simulator :^)

Uh. Didn't that happen?

Coded Arms Assault, one of the few console shooters that didn't look like shit.
And I was a Mustard startingt 7th Gen
I miss everything pre 2008 actually

I miss when the industry looked fresh and had so much to offer.
Now its so stagnant it kills the joy out of me.

user! You stay away from [my dreams], you son of a bitch. You have no right taking her from me like that, you womanizing rapist! And if you go near her again, then I will find you! I will find you, I will cut you up, I will beat you up, I will knock you on your backside, stand on your gut like a log roller, and blow your fat right through your skull! Blowin' it wide open!

Because that's what you deserve, you Goddamn womanizing, raping…trollin' stupid, pickle-suited…

NIGGER!

And don't you ever, don't you dare contact me in my E-mail again, or contact me ever! You stay away from me- You stay away from me and contact. Don't call me… I will find you!

I somehow lost a bit of hope I didn't know I had.

I always get a little sad when I remember that, OP. Steambot chronicles was a favorite game from my childhood and all I wanted was to impregnate Connie's mom.
Truly she was best girl.

That was such a fun little game and let you put so much personality in your character, you could join the BBEG half way through, be a total ass or a saint. It had fucking days, days of sidequests. So many sidequests they're not all even accounted for in various walkthroughs years and years later. This game was a real diamond in the rough, sure in the really really rough but it was still great.
The way trotmobiles controlled was so fucking fun. If you didn't cheese all your fights with the minigun it was really an experience.

After capcom released capcom vs snk 2 there was a bunch of talk of a arksys vs capcom that never happened.

I actually like these artworks

In some way I'm not even mad these game weren't made because I can't name a single good and fun TPS platformer with realistic graphics

as long as they dont actually name it jak 4

It's for the best that got cancelled.

There was going to be a Mistborn RPG. I wanted it so bad.

The second trilogy on that planet was so dissapointing overall. At least Way of Kings is still pretty solid.

I just remembered, there was going to be a Maximo 3
It was going to be edgy, but with the benefit of hindsight, probably in a good way

Too bad the first Toot Human sucked

A Klonoa port to the gamecube

They ended up releasing a pen and paper RPG system that's pretty solid and easy enough to learn, but they really shit the bed when it came to making vidya and now they're never going to try again.

This triggers the Kojimadrone.

I'm a kojima drone and I think platinum version is much better than what was shown on fox engine.
If anything you can use cyberninja sword and it would play more or less like that.
I'm also platinum drone and yoko drone.
I'm living in the best timeline tbh.

NWN1 and NWN2 Base campaigns look like diamonds compared to EA zombie bioware turds. Original dragon age had dialogue trees and actual conversations in camp.
Conversations in current bioware games are x or y choose your path. HORRAY.

.>>13857742
Paired with MGS5 facing further delays under his direction, it is also the most likely reason Kojima got shitcanned. Two unfinished major projects in a row.

Also funny how games he takes less directorial control over turn out better. Pic related.

The second Star Wars Vidya Golden Age cancelled for the Battlefront remakes and the new Star Wars trilogy.

I liked MGS5.
As unfinished as it was it's still one of the best games of the decade.
Can't wait for Death Stranding.

ye

This is bait.

Overwatch has a similar concept, and the personality is the exact same as in Overstrike's original trailer. Maybe some of the writers for this one moved onto Blizzard or something

In all honesty that makes sense as they are both games called "over" for no reason. I wish overwatch was owari desu.
Still, acitivision aka blizzard probably has all these dev lore resources out there too research in order to find the truth to your idea. Fuck if I'll look in to it.

More like kidnapped, brainwashed which then turned them into a completely different individual with none of their original and liked identity traits left.

Overwatch was made from elements of Blizzard scapped Project Titan. I think it just ended up being a coincidence.

If it continued to exist to this day, I can almost guarantee it would turn into something most of Holla Forums would hate. Funny how a game about superheroes got to die as a hero.

Daily reminder that Epic's recently released Fortnite was billed as cosmetic only f2p for years before launch
Daily reminder that it came out to be a 100% pay2win lootbox based game
Daily reminder that once they got their initial funding from people who enjoyed the PvE they stopped updating it with anything but reskins
Daily reminder that now it's just a knockoff of PUBG that actually used "it's basically PUBG but it's free" in its marketing
Daily reminder that Epic has always been full of money hungry perpetually buttblasted jews

Good. You wouldn't hear anons crying about Fallout 3 (the ZeniMax one) being cancelled, would you?

I pirated the new "prey" and i dont have any motivation to play it

Oh and i mean Gun 2, i loved the first gun

Seems to me that you just don't have enough motivation to prey it.

How about games that came out after being forcibly altered against the developer's will like Fracture?

Pick one and only one.

Fuck you.

Okay I didn't know I wanted that, but I really want that. That sounds cool as shit

Portable Ops is the one Kojima didn't have any involvement in. Peace Walker was a game he was very involved in the development of, and was meant to be his apology for letting the retarded chimpanzees he used to wrangle at KojiPro run loose and shit out PO. Although apparently he didn't learn his fucking lesson until 5 years later, when he barely managed to salvage Rising by snatching it out of those chromosome hoarders' hands and passing the buck to Platinum.

Is that second image a screenshot of it? I saw the game when it came out but like you it failed on any level to draw me in. That image looks so cheesy that it might as well be out of a 90s FMV game.

The image is for the actual prey 2 that was canned to make the new one.

In a recent interview with Taro he said one of the reasons Automata turned out so well was due to all the talented young people working on it together at Platinum and their open discussion of its design rather than having a sole "leader" that makes all the decisions. This is typically the case with all of the best creators out there: they rely on others to hone their ideas to make something great. Look at George Lucas- he got so high off his own farts for how successful Star Wars was he decided that he was king shit and everything he made was gold. He took complete control over the story without feedback, and surprise surprise, it turned out fucking awful. In the same interview he was asked if any of his ideas had been immediately been shot down- apparently he originally wanted a real life J-Pop Idol to descend from the sky and be the final boss of the original Drakengard. I shit you not.

The reason why Yoko Taro is still such a great developer is because he doesn't let his ego grow with his popularity, unlike a huge number of has-beens that once made something great but now only produce crap.

pic unrelated

Thank god almighty.

Thats a big shame. What happened to it?
Did they pull the plug because they couldn't add loot boxes and micro transactions?

it never got past the tech demo stage.

youtu.be/0a78kzAffb4
what this game could have been, anti grav grenades, energy lasso, fast parkour tier movement, hunting down alien scum on the dark side of the moon

Fuck Fuse and fuck EA. I hope they were kicking themselves after they saw Overwatch succeed when they could have done something like that way before Overwatch was ever even thought off.

The whole "little girl in a surreal Japanese suburb" setting mixed with that comfy elevator music is giving me a heavily appreciated Umihara Kawase vibe, but the core gameplay premise does seem pretty lackluster. Can't say I'm surprised, sadly.

Still looks awkward, gimmicky, and not as fun as the 2D games. It better captures the vibe of classic Sonic. I'll give them that. Although so does 3D Blast, and no one likes that game.

Fuck you, the Saturn version was awesome

I actually kind of like 3D Blast, but the common consensus is that it's shit.

Tell me about it

Oh, you thought I was going to let this thread die on this high of a note? Nah.
I come bearing great pain and suffering and to basically run you life with another installment of "what the fuck why would they cancel that, that looks really fucking cool?". According to the numbers not many people knew of it when it was on kickstarter and they never got that outside investment they were seeking so its probably dead forever, the most views, any 1 video of it, got on youtube was 300k which is minuscule by any standards they were pretty shitty at marketing from what I remember.
I present: Project Awakened
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=126109020
youtube.com/results?search_query=project awakened

Man I posted this so many times someone else is posting it now. At least I know I am not the only one who feels pain about this game being cancelled there are at least 2 other people this pains.

I remember this, I was looking for a game like prototype with even more powers and shit and this looked so promising. What a shame.

THIS is the Battlefront we could've been playing.

Yep, I found it years ago before their while was fucking about on cuckchan Holla Forums that was probably like 2010, a few years later again on cuckchan there was finally saw some sort of prototype starting to take form and they tried a kickstarter, I remember upon seeing the kickstarter pitch I literally said out loud to my self "there is no way that is not going to be funded, its looks unique and I hope that they are able to make something good out of it when its funding get fulfilled" I was so certain, it just seemed so inevitable. I don't get hyped and I never have but this is one of very few games that have ever almost got me close to that point, thinking back there were some threads on old Holla Forums discussing it and the prevailing opinion was that it was likely going to be funded, basically to be cautiously optimistic and that even if they do an okay job of implementing some of their ideas that it would probably be an above average game, a few people in a few of the threads even backed the game.

Its a real fucking shame, you are right. Feels real fucking bad man.
It actually took me quite a while to even find this game when I was looking to post it, there was virtually no notable internet presence for this game or the devs no videos articles and the kickstarter page seems to be gone. So I can kinda understand why it failed. Luckily I remembered the word "project" in the title, or its possible this game could have just been swallowed by the deep end of the internet forever and forgotten to the sands of time. God know fucking "superhero kickstarter" or "hero kickstarter" it didnt even fucking show up in the results at all.

Holy fucking shit look at this fucking video!
This video is 9 fucking years old, jesus fucking christ time fucking flies sometimes.

Anyone remember Getaway and Getaway: Black Monday for the PS2? The first game was the most expensive game ever developed at the time of its release, and if I'm right wasn't beaten until GTA V 11 years later.
Anyway, I digress. There was supposed to be a third part releasing sometime around 2007 that never, ever came to fruition for godknows what reason why. It certainly looked impressive, though we'll never know for sure how it would have played. Same team that would go on to develop the similarly eternally-delayed Eight Days, by the way.

Wrong
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

Gotta bigger image?
Also, I found this. Notice the bottom right-hand corner….

I just realized that Capcom is responsible for what happened to MML3 and for what is happening with DD.

techland is basically dead in the water. they had to give away development of DI2 and that died on impact.

so it would have been a souls precursor in that it had instanced mp? seems alright.

lucasarts had an in-house production of battlefront 3 ready to go, just needed polishing. free radical's version was pretty completed too iirc but needed way more time being polished.

And you boil it down to pic related.

I know it got consolidated into SC2, but I wanted a real Ghost game.

Gotta say, it doesn't look terrible. It will never live up to the hype and promises, but there's a small possibility we might actually get an alright game out of it all.

at least the Imperial Agent storyline was good

Remember that one time when somebody on Reddit destroyed an Xbox devkit?

Remember that other time when somebody else returned the Starcraft source code to Blizzard?

The good should die young.

The reason he wears the mask in is fact to counter him getting an ego and allow every journalist, young or old, new or veteran to approach him. Taro has been doing this since his Drakengard days and has stated he feels its important to do.
Overall Taro, does have the mindset to be an extremely great project lead and this likely came from how troubled some of the earlier games in his series were. Furthermore he is extremely humble.

You're an actual idiot.
Kojima has problems with his writing but as a director for games he's pretty solid and despite a lust for cut-scenes heavily advocates for good and solid gameplay. If you wanna shit on him at least know your shit.
Peace Walker, was a title he was heavily involved with as an apology for Portable Ops which was reportedly utter garbage. He directed PW and was heavily inspired by his son playing Monster Hunter. So, no. Pic NOT related.

Next we have the fact Rising was ORIGINALLY done without him having any input over the project but as the team began having extreme problems with designing the game (Long stretches of time with no real progress in the project.) Kojima decided to pass the torch to Platinum who within a year made Rising. Something we can all agree was a good decision.

On the day of thy release, I will plvnder thee.

Nice mask, Carlos.

Maybe for the better. The story was a fucking mess. Of course it wasn't Bethesda's Fallout 3 tier bad.
I'm still angry at Fallout 2 for going full meme pop-culture references all the time. Wacky shit can be fun in moderation but Black Isle went overboard with that stuff.

Considering its existence would wipe Bethesda's FO3 from existence, no.

I wonder if Disney could get pissed off enough at EA that they could pull this out of limbo and release it?

This user is correct
Bioware was never good, merely mediocre

Wasn't stalker 2 a scam?

No.

But many scams promised to be a spiritual successor to Stalker.

Was it different to the New Vegas story?

What a missed opportunity, that would've been hilarious and amazing.

Did Deep Down really got canned? I never heard anything from that game in a while. What really happened to that game?

No one knows, I don't think it's been mentioned since it's been announced.

I faintly remember some info after the announcement. Like how the game was going to be free-to-play and it was going to take place in the future where the player go into a some VR machine to go into a fantasy world or something like that.