PS3 Thread

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 this Black Friday. I know a place that's selling a used FAT PS3 for $70. I just wanna know what games make the system worth a buy before I go get one. Also would a FAT PS3 make my FAT PS2 obsolete?

Other urls found in this thread:

dhgate.com/product/x360-ace-v3-150mhz-crystal-thin-version-of/396704371.html
archive.is/EW2YO
psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-nand-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/
psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
amazon.com/gp/product/B00KY9M6FY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
redthetrainer.com/ps3/
store.brewology.com/homebrew.php?category=Games&orderby=
mega.nz/#!jBI11JbJ!y1uZ0T-d4AFhj_fc7ySEZqIPr4j-fkJvkZRbXvEtZmk
store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=126
psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Emulation
psndl.net/view-package/6212
mega.nz/#F!XAJFyB4K!iC9I-EjvCJjg2uErhzzLaQ
psndl.net/packages
psndl.net/view-package/82
psx-place.com/threads/sen-enabler-tutorial-latest-releases.147/
psx-place.com/resources/ps3-iso-tools.68/
psndl.net/
archive.is/4aDce
wololo.net/2012/10/31/downgradable-ps3-models/
psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
redthetrainer.com/ps3/norNandWriter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does it have games, yet?

That's a nice PS2 stand.

Enjoy your shitposter's paradise. Though to answer your question it's not bad if it's the ps2 BC version if you slap on some CFW on it.

There's some good stuff.

where?

In case anyone has an 360, or multiple of them.
dhgate.com/product/x360-ace-v3-150mhz-crystal-thin-version-of/396704371.html
Half off for a pack of 10, you can also just get one for 3$, JR programmer needed with this chip, obviously.

archive.is/EW2YO
Guide

any good chips for the slim? I think that's a much more reliable console.

I'm using the Elite (Jasper) so I'm more than fine with it, the chips in the guide should certainly do the job. Just use a different guide since this one is a phat only. Look at the pros/cons.

wait for the cfw, retardo

It's some local store in my area. Twice a year they have a day where everything is tax free. I bought a FAT PS2 from them eariler, but the memory card I got didn't work. They gave me a new one free of charge though.

Holy shit dude do you have mental retardation or do you just live in Australia?

70 bucks is way too much for a PS3 fat. The local thrift store was selling PS3 fats near me for 20 bucks. Try craigslist or a flea market first

70 bucks would be a fucking gift down here in my country tbh.

I live in Canada. Where do you live that you're finding PS3's for $20?

BR?

The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

because if I post it enough ti werkz

Got myself a copy of Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, often suggested around here. But the background music started skipping after a while, and now the game freezes for a long time whenever I get to new areas. Am I screwed?

Too bad, because outside of the abysmal voice acting, it was a good variant of Ico.

Don't get that one, the PS3 version crashes randomly.

Get out.

3.56+ exploit soon

Or outright just kills it

im the only person on this board who's played this game tbh. its actually pretty gud.

wish it came with an install mayn

Let me guess, "I was on 8ch and wizardchan before the exodus".

its from the same devs of Folklore. another ps3 masterpiece.

around Christmas right?

I've heard it got pushed back to early 2018, anyways it's only for the software downgrade part so people with consoles that didn't come with a lower than 3.55 minimum have to wait 6 month more.

Guess Christmas is early this year
psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-nand-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/

why get a fat ps3 when in march we re gerting a exploit that allows you to install cfw in all versions

Is there still no way to hack the super slim?

Not yet.

All right.
I'll just have to be patient then.

I don't think anyone will ever bother to do look into that. I have one too

They already are though, but I don't think it's gonna end up being a full on CFW, but rather something like Henkaku.
Or you can grab a cheap console right now without having to care about FW version only model number.

I have similar CFW to that on my PSP, I just never bothered to change it.
A lot of people complain about how annoying it is to have to reinstall it every time you turn it on, but it takes only a few seconds.

If I can get something like that for the super slim in a year or two, I'll be really happy.

You're overpaying. Even facebook buy/sell groups will have them for $20-$30

PS3 HAS NO GAMES

Because it's true. :^)

psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/

CFW FOR 1K/2K MODELS AVAILABLE NOW

Fuck yeah, did this last night, no idea what I'm doing next though - been looking at packages. I'm running Ferox 4.82 with Cobra, what's recommended to get some piracy going?

Here's the biggest internal drive you can get, I think NTFS external drives up to 2TB work too, once you run webman's NTFS drive check.
amazon.com/gp/product/B00KY9M6FY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can also play yakuza 0,kenzan and ishin as well on ps3

I did it this morning, you might want some kind of spoofer like senenabler, when I didn't have it running it kept the games I had downloaded from PSN from playing.

do I need to open the ps3 for that? or is it just sw based?

You don't, it is mainly software based. As long as your system is supported you just need a usb stick with a key and an internet connection.

So im supposed to

Am i correct?
I tried to download FERROX corba first but it gave me an error code, so i assume i have to get the NAND writer first?

By and large, yes. Just as a tip, empty the cache of your web browser and set the home page to a blank one before trying to run the online exploit.

Cant I just close the web browsers before running it?

2003B will run the writer for CFW. The dumper is something else.

Also what files do i copy from the NOR NAND WRITER 1.0 folder into the miniweb folder!??!
I dont know what the guy meant by "release."

The only file I should have on the usb should be flsh.hex right?

fuck I need to read a lot on this, but im scared I Wont make it in time and they will patch it or something.

The only way to screw yourself out of it is to willingly upgrade your console to 4.83 when/if it comes out.

If you think you are going to fuck it up a guy made a website for the cfw, just go to redthetrainer.com/ps3/ and that will do the same thing.
Some people report that you can have other items, but I just formatted a usb stick to FAT32 and put the .hex in the root by itself to be sure.

As long as you stay on 4.82 or below you will be fine, just relax and read the tutorial carefully for what you need to do.

So i just access the site on my ps3 and do what it tells me to?
Theres no way that it could be that easy.

It is just clicking either the NAND or NOR writer depending on the model, having the usb in the right slot and refreshing the page if it doesn't work
I did it this morning in about half an hour, I assume it takes longer if you set up the page yourself.

Just did it this morning as well on my Slim. Works like a charm, if the exploit trigger fails, just reboot, and use your history to go to the last page you were on (nand or nor) and run it again. Should work fine. I downgraded to 4.81 for certain apps but have successfully fired up backups of Persona 5, Dragons Crown, and a few others. Flawless. Another console to add to the pile that I probably won't ever completely explore.

Got a Green WD and Black WD, which would be better for a hdd in ps3 since it makes grrr noises often.
Also is there in cobra some temp monitor and fan control or is separate?

Okay, I've read through just about every post and am having some trouble here, should I update to 4.82? It seems like I should, but I don't want to get fucked if so. I tried to download the minver checker but every time I try to update, my PS3 says It's ready to install 4.82. Should I go ahead, or try to find a way to delete the downloaded official update?

The writer only works on 4.82. Use the minver checker offline before updating and make sure your model is compatible before you waste your time.

So which files in my usb do i need exactly?
I have the
PS3/UPDATE/The FERROX thing which i turned into PS3UPDAT.php
I also have the flsh.hex on the root of my sd card.

Is that fine? Can i just connect to the internet with no problems on my ps3 and use the site that you mentioned to me with no problems?

Is that necessary for what im about to do and how do i use that exactly? Which files do i need for it?

So what's the best way to download PS3 games? I keep hearing webman but all I found was some outdated programs missing tons of games.

I foolishly allowed my PS3 to download files automatically because of PS+ So when I check System Update, it automatically tries to update to 4.82 because it's already been downloaded.

Can I try the minver checker in Safe Mode?

If the usb is in FAT32 format then yes, plug it into the right slot and give it a try.
Make sure you read the tutorial posted , if you have a fat PS3 then you don't need to worry, it is for the slim models.

I mean psnstuff not webman

Then just update, it isn't that big of a deal.
That isn't necessary, just run it normally from a storage device after you install 4.82.

Thanks, oh well. Here goes…

Nicoblog and psndl are good enough.

Okay last question, do i have to do the system update which gives me CFW before I start the webrowser process?

You need to be 4.82 to run the exploit. The order should be

Is there even 4.82 cfw yet?

Has anyone figured out this NTFS bullshit? I've got a 2TB external but just the 120GB internal so I'm trying to keep as much on the ext. as I can. Evidently multiman can only read .iso in NTFS, but all the games in multiman rip in folders from the disc?

yes

Fuck it, I have the usb with the stuff you said I needed in there. Im going to try it out right now.

Idk why but it said that it failed.
I think i may have the wrong files?
I could have sworn i did everything right??

The console wont let me do a system update with the files I have on the usb nor would it let me do the online method either.
I think i may just have the wrong files.

If it said it failed 10 times and to refresh the page, you do that. I had to refresh the page multiple times before it succeeded.

can you play online with cfw?

I got ferrox installed. Can I play pirated games now?

Nope, no matter how many times i refresh the page it dosent work. Maybe its actually my internet?? But the redthetrainer site doesnt work for me either. I am completely stumped.

I had this issue for a while, the only thing I can advise is doing a full reboot if it doesn't work after a few tries.

So now I'm on Rebug 4.81, how can I play online without getting a Ban. I have SEN Enabler, but I don't know what I should and shouldn't be patching…

All I've ever used thus far is copying my rip folders to the internal. You can buy a 1.5tb drive for fairly cheap and swap it out if you wanted to.

Fuck it, thread to ask. Where's a good source for homebrew on the PS3? It's bound to have better emus and shit than the fucking OG Xbox, right? It has the usual PJ64 port, right?

Damn. PS3 got hacked in a higher FW? Looks like I'm buying a PS3 after I chip my 360 then, there should be enough games on both to last me until the Switch Hax and the Volta/Ryzen+ hardware come out.

Do you do services?

Fuck, now where to find PS3 ISOs…

PS3 homebrew for fat/early slim on modern firmware is apparently soon.

I wish I had someone I could play Demon's Souls with from start to finish.

anyone got a vid what to do next when you get rebug there? I mean there used to be some Rogero with custom menu or something. I mean how do I copy games then?

I miss LittleBigPlanet :(

The webman that comes bundled with the latest Rebug firmware has the VSH menu and FTP server built in. I can never remember how to access the VSH menu, but you don't need to do anything special to turn the FTP server on, just plug the PS3's IP address into an FTP program and start transferring files.

I was going to suggest the share thread but their offerings are ridiculously slim. Torrents appear to be the best option if you don't want to sign up for anything.

You hit the sore spot, user. There was a rumored emulator in development five years ago, but nothing happened with that. If you want to emulate everything, it's best to get a second-hand Haswell machine with a 1050 Ti. All the emulators for consoles before-hand are there though, and upscale! You'll find them on their project pages.

Should I log into my psn when having this rebug installed?
I really dont have idea what to do next after I installed all the things and it seems to work (thanks god)

Folklore is like someone made a really bad Lost Kingdoms clone with an Onimusha accessory attached to it. That's most PS3 games really, rehashes.

I am a huge pussy, I was seriously shitting bricks as I was softmodding wii and 3ds. Can I just connect a flash usb and the hax happens without a flinch?

you just plug and unplug usb + one browser thing.

I had my http server and usb key ready. After I downgrade from 4.82, which cfw should I use and how do I install it?

One more question: if I do install a cfw, can I still access PSN and internet in general?

Ferrox Cobra is good enough

Thanks

Just to be clear all I have to do is go to the redthetrainer on my PS3 and it'll do all the work for me?

Nevermind I'm a retard

I would like to know this aswell.

Unfortunately no since sony bans you automatically as soon as you log in,but theres a homebrew called sen enabler that allows you to access and play online

Being locked out of PSN is relatively painless, but not being able of downloading patches or games could become an inconvenience.

fuck. how will I download Zoe patched

now would be a great time to find an archive of patches

I guess it's either prepatched Isos, or backing up what's already installed on the hd.

I guess I will have to quickly download it from my PSN with that SEN Enabler thing, dont think there is any other game that has such major problems without patch or is it?

the collection patch only fixes ZoE 2 iirc. Game is still ultimately best played on PS2.

Gonna be hopefully hacking my slim PS3 soon thanks to the new softmod. How easy is it to install games on CFW these days?

Multiman has a option that allows you to download patches from sony servers without being signed to psn

Just patches, or full games ala FreeShop on the 3DS?

just patches. sony at least has security, even if it's just *4*

Well, I can live with that, I at least have PKGs of After Burner Climax, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Marvel vs. Capcom Origins. Digging up whatever else I want should be a torrent trip away.

how big are the file sizes on those? There's also a Japanese exclusive action game I've seen mentioned around, I wish I could remember the name.

Each is like…300 MB or so, nothing big.

awesome. That's the one thing I'm kinda concerned about, I know a few devs took a lot of liberties with the blu ray capacity.

Downloading from nicoblog is death, I wish they used torrents.

Each of them were PSN digital releases, also all three delisted, so I snatched them up when Blackcats torrents was still operational. As long as you're not pirating Metal Gear Solid 4 and up, you should be decent.

wont be Zoe on pc with that remaster? Like now Okami HD is coming in december on PC

I don't think ZoE is on anything but PS2/PS3 and 360. The collection wasn't really well received in terms of sales and I don't think any other ports were announced.

2 is getting a PC/PS4 port with VR support, that's been anounced a few months ago.

Great. so I dont need to worry about it. btw do trophies work offline?

Yeah.

yes

Good luck finding a working one. And if you do find one it will last about 5 minutes before it dies.

yeah mega limits suck ass

Disappointing. What about homebrew? Got the usual Doom and Quake ports?

Would the 4.82 NOR exploit be harder to start up if I had alot of games downloaded to my ps3 already??
I think that is what may be causing the problem.

I haven't looked for a Quake port, but there are a couple of Doom ports, plus a Tempest port.
store.brewology.com/homebrew.php?category=Games&orderby=

When I try to install the Ferrox Cobra CFW after doing the exploit, it keeps giving me an 8002F957 error and telling me the "The data is corrupted." at 77%. What do I do?

Tried again from recovery mode, still didn't work.

What are some good PS3 games I should check out? My brother gave me a PS3 slim years ago and I've mostly neglected it because I couldn't put CFW on it. Now that I can put CFW on it I plan on getting all the /fightan/ but I'd like to explore the weeb stuff and exclusives as well.

The resistance trilogy are pretty solid but online is dead but couch co-op and LAN is the way to go
Despite it's age Warhawk is still active and it was one of the first ps3 games to have drop in drop out local co-op. The disc version is like 1 dollar at gamestop if you can find it

I was pleasantly surprised by new Ratchet games.

btw found a separate patch for ZoE, can anyone confirm if that works?

btw cfw can run some ps2 and some psp games.
Dont know if there is list or so though.

MGO2 is back on both OFW and CFW so MGS4 is worth playing again. These are Jap only but Sengoku Basara 3 Utage and 4 Sumeragi are pretty good if you've cool with the musou style of games along with EX Troopers (aka the real Lost Planet 3).

Musou Lost Planet?!

The amount of games you have won't have an effect. I had about 18 games installed before I did this to my slim. I would reformat the usb drive with a freshly downloaded hex file, set a bookmark to either the page you set up or the one posted earlier in this thread for the exploit, set the home page to be blank, clear your cache and cookies in the internet app and try again.

Was there a game in the disc drive when you were attempting to update by USB?

so, for those who have successfully installed the CFW on 4.82, how did your successful run go? How many attempts did it take? Did you get the error message like got? I'm currently getting that same error message and I can't determine where the issue is. I've got 4.82 Ferrox standard in the correct location & name (drive:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP)

Buy a 2nd gen PS3 if you're gonna pull the trigger. The PS2 emulation isn't worth what you spend on it.

just play on a ps2 with hdd loading if you want ps2 games

if you are getting the "data is corrupt" message around 70% or so on your CFW install, you flashed your PS3 the wrong way. When selecting NAND or NOR you selected the wrong option, so select the opposite and it should work after the usual exploiting trial.

got 2x errors with copying Ferox. otherwise only error was updating on new hdd and that I had to unplug controller otherwise it could not load OFW

Holy shit i finally managed to do it!
Where should I download the package files from??
Im guessing standard right?

What do i do after I install from standard?
WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO FIND THE VIDYA MY DUDES???

wherever, i prefer system storage (usb)
a way to ftp into it

ftp?
I am 100% clueless about ps3 cfw. Im going to go do some research and I will be back if I have any more questions.
I hope you have a wonderful day user.
Despite all of the goons, gays and shitters, Im so thankful i stayed on Holla Forums.

ftp is what you did to exploit the ps3 if I am not mistaken, if you seriously don't know what is ftp, ftp stands for file transfer protocol, allowing you to share files from one server to many computers / devices. So you use ftp to transfer files to the ps3, like the videogames.

FTP, so you can run filezilla or something, punch in your PS3's IP, and just drag and drop .pkg's to your PS3 without escorting shit around on a USB drive.

also make this the first game you install

Just installed Afterburner Climax as a test game but it tells me that I need a license for it when I start it. I'm gonna assume this will be what I run into with every game so what's the proper procedure for scrubbing DRM from the games?

My thoughts exactly…

since I forgot to link it here, make this the first game you play
mega.nz/#!jBI11JbJ!y1uZ0T-d4AFhj_fc7ySEZqIPr4j-fkJvkZRbXvEtZmk

It's a shame early fat PS3s are so unreliable, even if you get them repaired. I just want a way to play PS2 games through HDMI with a wireless controller. All wireless pads for the PS2 is shit and I don't want to spend hundreds of bucks on a Framemeister.

get an early slim model, you can still do software BC iirc. Or well, just get a PS2 and a controller extension cable.

PS2 isn't emulated on the first batch of PS3s that came out. The later fat models switched to software emulation, but the first ones released had native BC with the PS2.
Shame they're also the most unreliable.

Yeah, but it's very spotty from what I've seen. Might just have to go the Framemeister/extension cable route.

Its pretty much embed related right?
Can i plug out my usb afterwards?

What game is that?

yeah, pretty much that. you can manage everything easily from your desktop.

play it, im not going to ruin the surprise

So where do i install the pkg files to?
Is the packages folder fine?
What do i do after that??

Never mind I got the game. Im just so excited that I keep on asking stupid questions.
I swear if I was a girl id suck your dick right now user.

alright, figuring out my way around PS3 modding has been a lot of fun. Played after burner climax and I feel like a new man.

user, one last question i guess. I downloaded the game but it tells me to renew the license in the psn store everytime I try to play it? What am i missing out on right now?

this is what kept me stuck too. Uninstall the game, keep the .pkg on your usb device or wherever. download this: psndl.net/download-rap/82 place it in a folder called "exdata". exdata should be in the same directory as the after burner .pkg. Install this: store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=126 and then make a new user account called "aa". Then install afterburner, and finally run reactPSN. Your PS3 should reboot, and the aa account renamed to something a little weird, but log in to your account, and the game will work.

Took me a bit to figure it out, but that's it.

Go fuck yourself

The fat 20 and 60gb models have ps2 hardwarr. The 80gb fat model however was just software and has since had its ps2 backwards compatibility patched out.

nah, that's wrong. The "soft BC" PS2's have some PS2 hardware in them, but not the exact PS2 hardware, and will still emulate PS2 games to this day.

it's a complex question, and the answer is no. If you want to know why in detail, the video covers it.

In the same directory?
So I can make an "exdata" folder on the root of my sd card and put the after burner and .rap files right next to it?
After the rest of that could I play pkg games freely?

make sure you follow the rest of the instructions, but it should sort of be organized like this:

Great software.

Nah hat's wrong, earliest models (CECHA/B) have the complete retrocompatibility hardware including extra RAM, a bridge chip and the EE+GS chip from PS2 slim, a couple other latter models (CECHC/E) have the EE+GS chip but not the rest of the retrocompatibility hardware, anything past that point is full software.

MAG was quality, it's nothing like CoD.
It didn't have killstreaks, if you did a killstreak you'd be rewarded with some cool music playing depending on your faction.
Modes had different objectives, for example taking out the anti air defences allowed you to parachute into the map and get behind enemy lines to help take out bunkers.
Sure you were gated into different squadrons, but 256 player maps felt quite good given you could go off and support struggling objectives if your side was doing fine.

Your information is wrong, the EE was removed in those software BC PS3s with just the GPU remaining. These models still have BC support.

(checked)
Its supposed to be like this right?
Im just double checking here.

My bad when I saw soft BC I though you meant the PS2_netemu and older variants of it, not just the last official BC console that only have partial hardware.
You're also right about it not being the Full EE+GS didn't read the chip name well enough

It's actually pretty interesting that even the full hardware ones do part of the job with emulation anyways.
psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Emulation

it's pretty wild they got a ps2 and ps3 on the same board too. I think Sony doesn't get enough credit with the actual engineering behind the hardware.

thank you user-sama

got it running?

Damn right I do!

nice

psndl.net/view-package/6212
play daytona USA next people

It isn't that complex though, the only models that work as true backwards compatibility capable machines are the 20gb and 60gb. Full stop. They are the only ones with the hardware and 100% disc based emulation.

The 80gb had software emulation for physical discs but has since been patched out. If you find an old 80gb that doesnt have the update removing the software BC it will still be hit or miss on which games will work.

All ps3s will play ps1
All ps3s will play games for ps2 from the download store.

But if you want a console for backwards compatibility you are not looking for one to buy $20 digital ps2 games. You are buying it for physical disc based, old bargain bin $2 ps2 games for which the 80gb model no longer works.

I've never seen this and have seen 80gb's with BC running the latest OFW. So, I don't know where you got that information from.

I really like this image. Can I save it?

Im trying to unlock the full game for Scott Pilgrim Vs ZA WORLDO, but reActPSN wont unlock the game whenever I press the circle button??

Btw Nanachi is a girl, not a boy

Dubs of truth.

So, is there a way to install games from a hdd and not have to use multiman to play them? Like older games that is.

Are there any projects doing this? This is definitely something that needs to be archived.

I don't know, but you can do it now that CFW PS3's are more widespread. Just download the patches from sony and back them up online. There's likely some efforts in this already considering all original xbox patches and DLC has been backed up over a decade ago.

Can they be backed up from a non cfw'd PS3? I have a decent amount of games with patches/DLC I'd upload somewhere if possible

I think you'd need to gain access to the file system and have a way to transfer them. You're better off just securing the patch files on their own.

Any good leads on emulators for current/semi-current CFW or should I just downgrade back to 3.55, where all the devs stopped updating? Retroarch or mednafen?

How do I make an HTTP server?

Just use redthetrainer's one. Its posted in this thread somewhere.

Do they ban for GAMES folder or knowing I have cfw (how do they know)

Thanks.

I don't need to rename the filename for the cfw, right?

The power consumption on Phat PS3s is crazy, though.

If you mean you need to rename rebug/ferrox/whatever cfw to PS3UPDAT.PUP then yes you do.

Eh? Have I just been lucky all this time or something? What's the deal? Admittedly I haven't played my PS3 for a couple months online but this is surprising to me since I played a fair amount of Dark Souls.

Does it Install game through USB, tried Digimon game and it did some copying or something but after ejecting media it wasnt in ps3 anymore.

is the folder structure same if you go through ftp?
ps3_hdd/Game name there PKG file of game
and in there exdata folder with rap file
?

You need an unlock package. I have one, just a sec.

mega.nz/#F!XAJFyB4K!iC9I-EjvCJjg2uErhzzLaQ

my folder looks nothing like this, its pretty barren with only like 5 folders. is anything wrong?

I prefer to use a .rap files instead.
I first get my games off of this site psndl.net/packages
and heres a link to after burner
psndl.net/view-package/82

Here is how I get my games to work
>if the game doesnt have a corresponding .rap file, try to go on the aa profile and run reactpsn, try holding the circle button when its active
>Idk how exactly but i think i managed to unlock my non .rap requiring games like that
After you get the hang of it, the process becomes pretty simple.

I heard that you can get banned using cfw software when connected to the internet, try to do this offline if you can.

Is the screencap your folder? If not you can still make that appear.
You need to click inside dev_hdd0 to get a list of all of those files.
And when downloading .pkg files you have to put them inside the packages folder.
Then the pkg files will appear in the top packages folder on your ps3.

you have to do the aa profile thing for every game or its just one us only?

and no my folder looks like this.

Does this method affect the profiles already on the PS3?

You only have to make one aa profile apparently.
Did you open dev_hdd0 yet? Its still unopened.

No it doesnet, it only changes the aa profile. I kept on testing out games with my brothers profile and I was fine so far, but an user in the thread said that you can get banned if sony catches you with any cfw software.
psx-place.com/threads/sen-enabler-tutorial-latest-releases.147/
This could help with avoiding getting caught, but it hasnt been updated for the current firmware yet.
So just make a dummy profile I guess?

its opened in lower box

Well alright, I'm fairly new to current PS3 piracy. Back a few years ago it was just installing PGK files and keys.

Not a whole lot, honestly. The only worthwhile games I played on my PS3 were:

Red Dead Redemption
GTA 5
Dragon's Dogma
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

And half of those are on PC now. Skate 2 is also kinda okay for occasional bouts of laughing at physics. Gran Turismo 5 sucks ass, never played 6 and never will. Nier was meh as fuck. Don't fall for the meme that Ni No Kuni is a good game, it starts with a 30 minute cutscene and routinely rips the controls out of your hands to make long-winded explanations on EXACTLY what to do next, preventing you from EVER figuring anything out on your own.

There was such a website some years ago that I stumbled on, I downloaded whatever I could in preparation but I'm not sure on what hard drive they ended up on or if I've forgotten of them and wiped them later.
Time to go look again. At least it existed.

Thats weird, this is how it looks like for me.

Do you know any good couch multiplayer games? I played some before with my friend and it was a blast. Some of them seemed quite hard to find though.

NBA Jam On Fire Edition.

No, you generally want a Nintendo console for party games.

>PlayStation all stars it's fun for a little while
>Call of Duty Black Ops for zombies

Scott Pigrim
Twisted Metal
Resistance series
Cowadoody zombies
NBA Jam
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and 3

Fuck, tried FTP, cant really move game since dont have folders needed. and as a bonus PS3 keeps freezing

Just copy the games to a usb pen and copy them to the ps3 internal hdd,how hard is that?

I'm on CFW now with my 2xxx model slim. Managed to get backups running a little bit ago. Should I be concerned about being banned from PSN just by fucking around and loading backups for local play?

That's pretty dumb, user.

So beyond getting CFW going, FTP isn't needed?

Did that right now but only game that MM could detect was in BLU format. packages wont detect for some reason hmm.

*BLU folder

It's just the one that came on the console. I don't use PSN or the online play I'm just concerned about not begin able to get updates.

MM can download patches through some private server or something also if you google maybe you can find those patches separetely

because you can easy install packages with the cfw s package installer on the game menu.

yeah thanks that works good.

got a bad luck with getting those packages though, nico doesnt have many games, psndl same. isoforum has everything dead.

*isoforum has everything not dead behind paid hosts

I used to use ps3iso back in the day, i even got a premium DDL account due to how much i downloaded. Tried them?

Sorry guys I was wrong about the one aa profile.
Every time you get new .rap files, you have to make a new aa file and run reActPSN to activate them. After that the corresponding .pkg game for the .rap will start whether its downloaded already or not.

I am now going to test out downloading a game from FTP and seeing if the .rap file activates it anyways.

yes its what I meant when I said iso forum

I got Unknown CFW next to reAct app now now after doing the aa profile but it did renamed it. and it gives me some error but it works so I guess I"ll let it be.

Glad I opened this thread at random now. Just to double check, even if I lose access to being able to utilize my PSN account on the system, I can still use games/content that have already been downloaded, right? Or do those run a native check to see if you're logged into your account before running (I haven't really used my PS3 without being logged in, though that's been more due to auto-log in, which I'd think can be changed)? Also, will that minverchk thing possibly harm the PS3 (just asking since the file seems like a feigned system update), and should I log out of the PSN before attempting to use it?

For people still looking, downloadgameps3.com is a really good place to pick up games if you're not super picky about region. They host most of the stuff on GDrive so you don't have the new mega limits and I've been pulling 40MB/s through jdownloader.

Also, you can use NTFS external drives but only with webman/multiman and only in ISO format. It's a bit of a pain, but if you have a big external drive and a tiny internal drive like I do then it can be convenient. Kind of high and dry on PSN games, though.

If you want to go down the ISO route, check this tool out to convert games from folder to ISO: psx-place.com/resources/ps3-iso-tools.68/

Are you fucking shitting me?
psndl is shutting down, especially NOW out of all times?
Where will i get my pkg/rap files from now?
psndl.net/

Anyone here willing to pay the bill?

Make a torrent for god's sake. This needs archiving.

As far as I know you should still be able to access content that is downloaded. Probably a good idea to sign out/disable auto sign in and create a new profile on the system before trying it. Worst case scenario you can just pirate the games you want to play if it won't let you access them without being signed in. Minvercheck shouldn't do anything to harm the system. It doesn't actually run/install any update or anything, it will just pop up a dialog box that says what your lowest possible FW is. As mentioned earlier sign out before doing anything. Based on everything I've read online you won't be banned unless you sign in to PSN from your ps3 with CFW installed, so you can still stay connected to the internet and use the web browser for the exploit.

Thanks for the advice. Few more questions, if anyone knows. My PS3 is currently at v4.81 OFW, but I notice that the page for this exploit is based around, and requires, v4.82. Has Sony already released a patch beyond that, or tweaked the existing v4.81 that the inbuilt system updater would have to remove whatever allows for this? Or to err on the safe side, should I just download v4.82 to my computer and install via USB (assuming they haven't changed the PC download firmware yet)? Also, I recently was installing CFW on a 3.55 fatty at a relative's place (went well, by the way), so I have experience with how it works, or perhaps, used to work. Does this method require a particular USB port in the system to use (I know the instructions say "far right slot", but on newer versions of the PS3 that's simply slot 2, while older models have slot 4, and the instructions don't specify), and will anything that functioned as homebrew for the previous 3.55 required CFW work with theses 3.56 FFW ones as well? Or is this more or less a base that existing homebrew will get ported for at a later time?

The timing seems fishy, but also convenient. I would wager that with this exploit there would be renewed interest in downloading PS3 games and game files due to increased usability (as compared to just 3.55 capable systems), for the time being anyhow.

Also, is there a particular order to dealing with the writer and dumper files? Just curious since the instructions for each are as separate tabs on the page, and the instructions don't clearly mention needing to do either the writer or dumper before the other.

I'm downloading all I can from PSN, I reckon the cfw will let me backup on an external hd… r-right?

Guess I'll have to play demon's souls before softmodding, if everyone is crying already about the dead multi.

I just did the entire process last night and according to their web page the latest FW is 4.82. Update ASAP before they release a new FW even if you're not planning on doing the actual modding until later. As far as I can gather the far right slot on all PS3 models is the one you want to plug it into, as it's slot "0". On newer versions (slims) it's the rightmost one closest to the BD drive as you mentioned.Can't comment on the 3.55 and 3.56 CFW.

Dump first then back up the file to your PC. In case anything fucks up with the write you can possibly restore with a hardmod. I take it since you were asking about Minvercheck you're doing this on a Slim so here's the guide I found online and followed:
archive.is/4aDce

Did that, and have the update file in a folder on my computer as a back up as well, should they decide on replacing/removing the download file in the future.

Yeah, it's a slim I have. Ran Minvercheck on it and got the following result:
Guessing I'm out of luck with this particular 160gb model. Might have to go do some shopping tomorrow, though I doubt any store here's going to want to let me run the check on their systems one at a time (both for reasons of it being time consuming and not wanting to let a customer fiddle with their merchandise. I used to think wololo.net/2012/10/31/downgradable-ps3-models/ might still be useful in the future in case anything beyond 3.55 happened, but considering the discrepancy between the minimum firmware the results gave, compared to the "firmware at release" section for the 3000s (mine is CECH-3001A), I'm left to assume the data there only pertains to the earliest prints of the various models, or something.

For the anons that have used reactPSN, does it still work if the .pkg never came with a .rap file? I downloaded an undub off of nicoblog that came with some dlc with no .rap file. I wanted to make sure the process would still work without it.

There's still the possibility for homebrew with that system, but for this exploit the best chance of having a low firmware would be to get a fat ps3 or take a chance with the 2000 series and hope you don't get the later versions. If you're going to a store where they have them used just try and make up a reason to look at the SKU, if they seem friendly you could even try to persuade them to run minver but I doubt most would.

No, no it wasn't. It was an even worst version of what Planetside 2 was trying.

From what it seems, the 2010 slims should be fine for it, so I think what I'll be doing is having an employee check the stickers of the bottoms of promising seeming systems for a date of then or earlier. The 2011 slims seem to be where it gets iffy, looking at psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models . And I am a regular at one of the stores around here and the employees are friendly towards me, but yeah, I don't think they'd be willing to let me try minver. Though, I know at least one is at least somewhat familiar with the PS3 scene. Would be nice if some of these places, in testing systems out that they take in, would jot down a few more notes like "current firmware" and/or "factory firmware" while they're at it as I think that might help them secure sales from discerning customers that might otherwise go online for their purchases, but I suppose for the average person, they're more apt to just care about the hard drive size, possible backwards compatibility, and that the thing actually works rather than specifics like that.

Are fats as unreliable as some people make them out to be? My friend, as well as my dad, both have fat PS3's (my dad's being the one I've played with CFW and downloaded games with before, albeit not for that long as it was just a visit) that seem to work just fine aside from being noisy bastards. A part of me wants the all-on-one usefulness of the fat for playing pirated and physical games, but I do already have a fat PS2 for loading off of (only issue being that I have to use a friend's computer to install games with, as my toaster isn't fond of WinHIIP).

Also I might say that when I was fiddling with a CFW PS3 elsewhere, the DLC pack for Tales of Vesperia didn't need any additional maintenance to get working with the game files after installing the package file. Though, I'll mention that one explicitly said "FIX" in the title, so I assume if there was some extra step, whoever uploaded it already went through it to save people time. Point being, I wager it depends on the file or upload if you need to go any further. But that's just me speaking from what little experience I've had. Someone else might know better.

I'll try installing the package by itself to see if it works then. As for the reliability of the fat PS3s that's something I can't really speak for. I didn't get the PS3 I have until years after it released as a gift and it is the slim model.

sure? this guy moves .pkg file. also moving a game folder should be easy.

shame it isnt as eay as I thought to get games.

is it the one from nico blog? I too am loking for Vesperia undubed + all dlcs.

found site called pshaven. has few games that dwonload site doesnt.

It was two files: the prepatched game file on Nicoblog (which did not come with DLC from what I saw in the comments for it), and a DLC package linked at a blogspot site called "PcDroidS3". I was a bit leery of the latter at first, given the site's native language apparently isn't English, but it worked just fine, and the download link mirror on the site just goes to a mediafire, which is quick and painless.

Said DLC pack even has the preorder Abyss costumes (the ones that retained Yuri, Estelle, and Flynn's hair colors), as well as the First Strike Niren Corps movie ones.

you can transfer files with the multiman file browser, and you can move file folders but then you have to put them in your internal which defeats the purpose for me.

wont games run better if ran from internal?

btw are there any more games like ratchet and Jak series on PS3?

Found a 250gb today and my hunch about the production date proved good (this one was made in November 2009, and has a minimum firmware version of 2.75). So, if anyone's looking for a compatible system but aren't sure if they'd be allowed to run minvercheck prior to buying it, looking for what the production year is (see the sticker on the bottom of the system, at least for NA models) and comparing it against psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models might be of help in finding possibly promising models. But I'd still say to avoid anything made after 2010 if you want to make sure you're not likely to have to take it back.

Also as a heads up, anything with text should be translated in Vesperia PS3's patch (including the DLC descriptions). Content that is audio only, with no associated text box is left as is however, so don't expect incantations, battle banter, and victory quotes to be translated. Same thing with the script rip patch of Tales of Berseria PS3 (which is playable but has some issues of its own that I wasn't sure what had caused them, be it differences between the PS4 and PS3, or if the PS4 version also has the same display issues), which is at least an option for playing the game without settling for censorship.

Here is the real question.

If I want to play some old PS and PS2 games would a PS3 even be worth it for the backwards compatability ?
OR would it make more sense to jsut get a PS2, are there enough PS3 exclusives to make it worth while ?

Also, where the hell do you even go to get Ps2 games ? Online sellers have jacked up the prices to ridiculous amounts, yet you can find digital codes for under $5's but this would be for the Ps3 exclusively.

I get my ISOs from emuparadise and isozone.

All PS3 models have physical PS1 compatibility, but only the 20 gb and 60 gb fats have PS2 hardware (chip) based backwards compatibility, at least as far as NA systems go. The NA 80gb fat has partial PS2 software (emulation) backwards compatibility as well, but playing PS2 games that way is prone to glitchiness. All later models, including the slims and super slims, have had the PS2 compatibility phased out. As others have said, the fats are also known for breaking more easily (high heat melts the thermal paste, or whatever), and are generally more expensive than the non-backwards compatible models. If you do opt for one (I'll admit all in one loading is a nice perk), expect to pay a good bit. The good news is that at least the fats (and slims too; not sure on super slims) are modular as far as hard drive is concerned, so you can replace a low capacity default drive with a larger one. For fuck's sake, a few games, like Yakuza 5, are such big downloads they can't even fit on a default 20gb drive.

The PS3 left it's NOGAEMS phase some years back (it admittedly did deserve that derision), has most likely seen the last of its non yearly sports/movie/shovelware titles with the likes of Persona 5, and has an established library by this point. Whether or not there's enough of personal interest is up to you. As for the PS2, I'll put it like this: my dad picked up a fat PS3 to be able to run all three generations on the same system, as he lives in a rural area that doesn't have much in the way of games prior to seventh gen these days, so that works well for him (and myself when I go up to visit). Where I live though, I have a fat PS2 with both a working disc tray/laser and an IDE for loading pirated PS2 games from, so this slim PS3 I'm working on will be good for PS1 and PS3 games even if it doesn't have the PS2 compatibility (I also stand a better chance of finding older games where I live in comparison).

Digital, I just look at emuparadise for general games, Nicoblog and occasionally ISOzone for prepatched games. Also share threads from time to time. For physical, where I live I know some decent options to find stuff for the PS2 without having to pay all that much (some of which I paid VERY little compared to the average prices at the time), to the point I rarely find myself looking online for preowned copies. Though, that's circumstantial to where you live I suppose. Stopped at a store a state over while passing through the area, and they were asking pretty much twice for various games as they go for here, and apparently those are considered "good" prices for what the area is used to by the customers. Still, better to research and learn your local options if you're going to look for physical copies of games; those might charge less, or at least fuck up from time to time, whereas online most sellers are likely to just go for standard Amazon/ebay prices.

At the very least, the PS2 isn't SNES or Gamecube tier as far as prices go yet.

You won't get full cfw with this exploit, but something similar to the earlier Hen programs on the vita might be possible.

in the future*

Should also note that emuparadise has been pre-emptively removing various PS2 games that have been seeing rereleases on the PS4 (Okage and Wild Arms 3, for example), so keep that in mind when searching for game files if you choose to just pirate.

Doesn't seem like a permanent thing. Stick to mild panic, don't freak out.

Might as well ask while I'm still getting things ready. Can pirated DLC work with legitimate/physical copies of games on the PS3, or do the games have to be ripped as well? Just figured I'd ask, since I've heard that with the Vita pirated DLC only works with pirated/ripped games (something about both having to be unencrypted to be usable in that form), and I'm not sure if the PS3 is the same.

It does

I forgot my saves on old hdd that is on 4.81 OFW. What will happen if I swap it when the current hdd is cfw 4.81 rebug?

Or is there any other way to recover saves?

Yeah, I'm still not sure how hdd switching works myself.

So if I buy the hdd that user linked earlier in the thread, and download the REBUG CEX cfw, do I just swap the hdd and offer up the the rebug update and the ps3 will just make it happen?

Im encountering the same problem again and again.
I follow the guide by checking the MD5 Checksum on the flsh.hex file and its a-okay, then i go to the redtrainer website and click on the NOR Writer and after a few tried it gives a SUCCESS and it dowbloads.
So far so good but the PS3 doesnt restart and after half an hour I restart it manually (by keeping the power button pressed).
When I turn it back on again I have to "salvage" the data because apparently it didnt turn off properly.
Afterwards I check the update and it says the file is corrpted so i definitely fucked up along the way.
Any help with that? I followed the guide and even downloaded the Dumper (successfully) but this thing keeps happening even in my third attempt.

Just checking, you for sure on whether you need NOR or NAND?

Have you tried using redthetrainer's files?

redthetrainer.com/ps3/norNandWriter/

Its back boys.
Nothing but a false alarm.

I noticed that the website is missing pkg files for games such as DMC4 and J-Stars.
Does anybody know where I can get pkg's for those?
Would I get banned if I were to go on psn to play online? On my brothers account

not for me.

dmc 4 didnt get a digital release but shounen j-stars did get one.

Neat, guess I need to find a reliable site for DLC then. What about downloaded patches? Do I need to worry about making sure games I own have been updated before putting CFW on (I figure that the games trying to contact the Sony servers for the patches they want is a no-go afterward), or can those be stored/installed on the system via the package manager?

You might need to replace the laser in the PS3, they cost about $20 I think.

I heavily overestimaded how much ps3 games are there. I pretty much have just few games left and I will have everything done for my ps3 library.

has the ps3 scene figured out a way to play online games througj their own servers?

Are there any PS3 iso torrents out there? There's basically nothing on pirate bay. Download hundreds of little files on nico blog is a pain.

its not that hard if you got Jdownloader and just put links into it.

Trying to dump the NOR flash on my system to a USB and it keeps failing even when repeatedly refreshing the page like it instructs. I'm using that redthetrainer site. I did notice that the url for 4.81 and 4.82 on the OFW select page is the exact same, so maybe it's an issue with the site? OR is both having the same url intentional?

Actually, got a success message on a first attempt after fully closing and reopening the browser. Just waiting for it to shut off now.

Figured I might bring it up as a solution if others are having this issue.

There was something about loading delays somewhere.
I haven't done this, but if the site tells you to repeatedly refresh it might be choking on your internet speeds. Set up your own server, it's not that difficult.
That way you'll also know if the same URL is intentional and will be on the latest exploit release.

As the exploit needs to be found in the browser's memory, going in freshly rebooted and having your homepage be set to about:blank will help.

Also, is it alright for the NOR dump hex file to be a bit over 16MB? The instructions I'm reading just say 16MB, but mine's 16.8MB. Wondering if it's a hard 16 it needs to be, or if that was an approximation.

Maybe it's an estimation, maybe it varies?
If you're unsure, take multiple dumps and check their checksums.

Yeah, I had that set up already. Process was basically
So I'm just thinking that maybe the less steps taken on the eventual browser-boot-to-dumper might be a component.

Would I be running checksums of them against each other, in that case? And how big was yours, out of curiosity (assuming you dumped yours first)?

15Gb are just videos. can I just not download them?

Check against each other, yeah. If one checksum repeats, it's propably good.
I didn't dump mine.

Alright, ran it again and am currently waiting for the system to shut off. First go through the beep scared the crap out of me because I wasn't paying attention. And now the screen's frozen. Not sure if it froze the first time.

Would it be wise to manually force it to shut down at this point? It doesn't seem to be doing anything on its own in a hurry.

Manually shut it down, looked at the flash drive, found no file dump on it (I already put the prior successful dump on my PC), tried it again, and the same thing's happening. Cleared the cache before trying it too. Not sure it wants to dump it a second time. I take it the key for the process the actually finish is the system to shut off on its own?

Tried clearing the cache again, this time in the same browser boot as the dump attempt (as opposed to closing after clearing it). No freeze this time, and another successful dump of a 16.8 MB file. Checksum is the same on both files, so I'm going to take it that the filesize doesn't have to be 16 exact.

Had no problems running the writer. Navigated to the page so I had it in immediate history, closed the browser, reopened it, cleared the cache again, went to the page in the history, and then ran the process. So, if people are having issues, consider clearing the cache in the same attempt, and reduce the pages taken from browser boot to dumper/writer via history with a second boot.

sorry for bumping this. anyone can help with this?

Not sure. I think saves are locked to a particular user/system as a default, so even if you put the old drive in a different PS3, you might not be able to get them back (and even if you did, I think you'd have to toggle a setting on your PS3 to make sure you could utilize saves it now possibly reads as being foreign). That said, my own experience with drive replacement is rather limited. First steps I was following made sure to specify to back up the data to a USB before doing so, so I didn't have this issue with my dad's PS3 when I was upgrading it.

Lesson to be had is always back your shit up.

It seems like the internal folder hierarchy of this PS3 is different than the one I've had experience with before, in that I can't find the particular ISO folder for PS3 games as in the fat models (nor the ones for PS1, PS2, or PSP games either, though given this isn't BWC model, I'm not expecting to find the PS2 one). I have filezilla on my computer to access the system with, and multiman as ftp enabled on my PS3, but am I doing something wrong? Or is there a different specific folder ftped games go in on later models?

Switched from Ferrox to Rebug with the toggler, and after that the appropriate folders now show up in filezilla. Maybe it was just the time of CFW hierarchy, or something.

had same problem. installed MM and it showed those folders.

Did this thread hit bump limit?

Yes, 5/6 posts ago.