Steam Awards and getting ready for DORITO POPE

You know it is true…
Time to bomb old school style.
Post your nominees and your custom ones!

I proposed it in the GG thread and I'll do it here.

Operation: Make Steam Great Again?

I like it

Don't be a fucking moron.

On a separate note, is there such a thing as a GOOD game that doesn't involve any kind of "combat or conflict"? I can't think of a single one. I forsee Stardew Valley getting the award even though the game technically features conflict AND combat.

Mostly puzzle games, but if a game requires any sort of plot or story there has to be conflict in some shape or form. We can even argue that Gone Homo features conflict in the references to familial strife or whatever the fuck happened there. Basically, that they use "combat or conflict" rather than "violence" limits everyone except the clique, who will just choose whatever the fuck they want anyways

I am in

What's so wrong about that? And most likely they'll just ignore the votes and choose from a set nominees like last year.

If you want to be somewhat serious, just vote for Huniepop or some shit.

Is there a puzzle game that's "peace and love, maaaaaaaan" enough for this award? I can't really think of any that aren't also dumb as hell.

Wife and I loved Overcooked and that has zero combat or conflict, just cooking.

Where is the best girl award?

That can be your write in I suppose

Maybe if it wins an award sega will port it

I don't know what to put down for "Better than Expected", I can't even remember a time that a game exceeded my expectations.

So how do we do this? Troll it or somewhat serious/voting for games from companies we like and want to promote/want to see?

Hollow Knight needs to win an award.

I like you.

Why not both?

Could always do this. Though profanity write ins may be thrown out most likely. Who are we kidding, this shit is always rigged from the start

You mean Spark the Electric Jester, right?

The write-in award really just comes down to which group of people nominating the same thing is the largest. It's kinda bullshit, but there's nothing that can be done about it.

If dubs everyone will vote for that game

Even with dubs, it's going to be thrown out.

Voted fallout 4 for "Dumpster Fire" award.

Honestly for that, I would just call it "Antifa approved game" or something. Something more subtle where it would actually have a chance of showing up/causing leftist salt.

DDLC was garbage.

>>>/suicide/

It's the worst VN I've ever read, the most pretentious bullshit I've seen in a long time.

The problem with nuWolf2 is that they somehow managed to fuck up the already fragile gameplay.. The story being retarded and shitting all over TNO was just a cherry on top. Hell, it would not get nearly as much hate if the previous game and half of this one were not taking themselves so serious. TNC gets retarded plot wise that it could be funny if it was not so jarring compared to everything else in the game. Hell, they might as well just make RotT out of nuWolf3 at this point but they can not into fun levels and mechanics.

It's more of what said. It's literally "We did it, Reddit!", the award. The only way we would be able to influence it is if we got enough people to vote for the same game by adding the same steam-friendly award title. Something like or . But even if we did want to stoop to that reddit-tier shit, theres no way we would be able to reach a consensus.

I just did this

Hit the nail on the head with this one

The word you're looking for is 'divisive'.

Second.

I think we've found the perfect nomination for Automata.

why do I always fuck that up.

thank you user

So, I looked through the nominations for the Dorito Pope Awards…
What the fuck is that propaganda game? It is financed by media too, by the looks of it. Or at least endorced. Nobody even saw the trailer. What are the chances that it will win, huh?

It's the fucking Games For Impact award, all the games are propaganda. You wanna nominate anything, go for, I dunno, Night in the Woods. Or Hellblade. At least that one's an actual game.

Edith Finch was ok for a walking sim. The thing is that I have not heard about this and from the looks of the trailer viewership noone has.

(Checked)
Eh, I joined in on it.

dubs command voting for Trump

I'm pretty sure Hellbade is more cutscene than videogame, but then again I didn't even know that shit was released until I saw it was nominated for half of the Golden Doritos™. I was expecting people to at least shitpost about Tameem's new meme game but I guess it's not even interesting enough for that.

You thought it was an effective campaign? Your write-in is a compliment

The marketing campaign decided the people who would buy it, who are a minority on gay Mars.

I like this one.

I'd guess a fair amount of normalfags bought it, actually

R8 & H8

Stop

Sim games like Cities: Skyline.

Voted

Who am I kidding, steam is made for shitposting

Voted

I tried to hold myself to only games that were released this year. Which means I probably could have included Skyrim, but oh well.

If dubs, I say we all vote for Terminal Velocity as 2017 GOTY.

A bit on the nose there, m8s.

Can a pirated version of Total Warhammer play online with a steam copy?

Talos Principle's conflict is only
man vs fate
and its a wonderful game

Perfect.

Yomawari and Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

really makes you think

I actually changed it around a little so it didn't sound like an outright endorsement

Don't get excited. Normalfags will still see this as an endorsement.

Breddy gud

Isn't that the whole point of making it subtle though? If normalfags could see right through it it wouldn't have a chance of actually winning.

I know leaving the Current Year selection of games probably means it goes in a big pile marked ignore but I had to do this.

Also I wish you could give a game multiple awards. Automata fits at least three of the categories.

Be sure to nominate something like Doki Doki Literature Club for the thinly-veiled "The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along" numale award that bemoans the CURRENT YEAR for not being progressive enough.

The second one came out this year, so you can give that award to that one instead.

Well I don't want to be a liar, is it as bad as the first 'season'?

Of course. Dontnod can't write for shit.

Alrighty then. Changed vote, now with 100% more Current Year

You know there's something wrong with a product when they attempt to conceal insecurities with "m-m-muh awards"

I had few libshit friends who praised the original life is strange like best game ever made, nowadays i don't talk to them, but is this series actually worth anything?

no.

Just go read The Catcher in the Rye. You'll get an infinitely better experience for drastically less.

Since the first episode is free you could give it a whirl for yourself. It is irredeemable and obnoxious. It's pretty enough and somewhat engrossing in that it feels accurate to the life of pretentious hipster cunts. The 'gameplay' is not irritating to do (mostly, there are some stupid ass bits) so it could be a smooth experience of taking the piss and raging at it.

All in all it feels like a much less interactive and engaging Heavy Rain, filled with horrible cunts and a complete lack of meaningful impact you have on the game. Maybe grab a friend who thinks on the same wavelength as you and play the first episode and rip it to shreds.

Rate my nominations.

Good call on VtM:B
Isn't mindless Fun a bit similar to No Apologies?

No. No Apologies is basically the "Guilty Pleasure" award. It's for games that most people don't like, but you do and don't care what others say about it.

voted as well

change the first and then take a good hard look in the mirror

To what, friendo? Any games you can think of that fit the bill outside of VNs and puzzle games?
No, I don't vote for shit games under any circumstance.

Fucking hell

By what fucking standard is something judged diverse?

checked

your dubs compelled me to vote as well

100% diversity is having 0% white people, user.

But the force awakens has hwites.

Article says the movie has to 'showcase' (test out) diversity in two ways. Currently force awakens is a diverse movie by their standards. Those standards are going to tighten, and all current movies are going to be redefined as non-diverse movies, the harmful stereotypes showing why diversity is needed.

Sorry for the derail, just wanted to explain how it works.

Done. Which one did I do wrong?

Anyway, I bet at least one corp is going to try and rig the stupid nominations to gain sales, any chance of viewing some sort of voting data? Maybe find a spike of newly created profiles?

What the fuck even. Thanks I guess.

I have no idea what any of those are except for Payday 2

Lets do this.

On one hand, I'm glad Atlus are finally getting the spotlight they deserve. But on the other hand, I'm bummed that they didn't get it back in 2014, when they released a far superior Persona game.

I feel like this whole board has gone reddit

NOW WHERES MY BADGE

The Talos Principle. What little conflict it has is for the sole purpose of following the Lord's will and becoming the human He wants you to be.

I also voted Postal 2 in Labor of Love. High quality re-release.

I'm guessing they aren't talking about the players in this article, since it's an all-male league? But I've never seen any female coaches, so who the fuck are they talking about?

Holy shit, are they actually counting being completely dominated by blacks as not being diverse?

Ohh, this is just too good to be true. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. With movies failing already and hollwjew on its last legs, they're forcing the diversity down everyones throats even harder. This is gonna be such a clusterfuck!

Glad to see I never stop disappointing.

the right choices are here

Non-meme choices are actually useless. Search deep inside your heart and you will know that I'm right.

RoTT already got a pretty decent remake.

Do you get anything for voting?

You get a badge and your Steam goymer level goes up. They probably have some dumb bullshit with cards, but they're worthless now that you need a pone number to sell shit.

The choice was obvious.

Why not, it's free and fun

I couldn't resist.

HF2 was shit. HF1 was better.

t. Evaxephon

To be honest, I felt like Postal 1 was more fitting.

They did get a 20th anniversary update bringing back the gauntlet, the multiplayer

To be honest, I felt like Postal 1 was more fitting.

They did get a 20th anniversary update bringing back the gauntlet, the multiplayer and finally a working mouse look.

The Suspension of Disbelief award should go to CoD WWII
sorry for the frog language in the screencap

5/10 except for this one nigger it`s pretty obvious

The mom's spaghetti award was hard to pick for. I can't remember the last time I felt excited about video games.

that should be your no apologies award because its subjectively good for you

Not bad

(checked)
mwwwaah

Yes about 2 or more years ago.

checking those french dubs

Oldie but a Goodie

I made a "If You Steal My Stars I Am Going To Punch You In The Fucking Mouth" award for that game last year

Those kids seem pretty well rounded. Good for them!

I think I understand people who got PTSD from Twitter.
At least AoE2 is still going strong while Skyrim playerbase is slowly but steadily decreasing.

The original Skyrim can't win since you can't buy it on the store anymore.

First choices for all of them, might update if I change my mind in this thread or elsewhere

What am I even supposed to write in there if everything was a letdown?

I nominated Syrian Warfare for this category.

The trashcan is too good a home for shit like you.

??
What does that have to do with anything? Much less the thing I nominated it for?

You're subhuman.

does everything that follows this meme format end up being completely pointless?

How bad have I sinned?

terraria, it just keeps getting huge free updates.

thats kind of bizarre, the whole page is chinese.

what's weird about that?

Just vote for this tbh

I hope it wins.

its called steam not 外車

Wait, is Subnautica out of Early Access?

Any month now. The last big big update they did added everything right up to the end of the game, so the next update that isn't just another creature or something is going to include a rocket you can build to get off the planet and escape and the game will leave EA.

Meme categories deserve meme answers.

Keep it simple and not immediately offensive.

"Most Racist Game"

It will make them have an implosion of cognitive dissonance.
"But we made it as politically correct as possible!!"
"We made all the characters KANGGGZ n sheet"
If they try to mock it for being racist against whites, they will sound stupid in public - as all it says is "racist".

Zelony Slonik is the best thing that came out of Russia

Every fucking thread is this shit. Fucking hell, someone makes a thread, then everyone and their fucking mom want's to shift thread competently away from the subject.

And yet you wonder why no one in your day to day life, actually likes you and why your miserable and alone.Every fucking thread is this shit. Fucking hell, someone makes a thread, then everyone and their fucking mom want's to shift thread competently away from the subject.

And yet you wonder why no one in your day to day life, actually likes you and why your miserable and alone.Every fucking thread is this shit. Fucking hell, someone makes a thread, then everyone and their fucking mom want's to shift thread competently away from the subject.

And yet you wonder why no one in your day to day life, actually likes you and why your miserable and alone.

Are you upset your thread got deleted?

you talk like a faggot shill.

Everyone vote for the same thing, you faggots. Sincerely participating is what they want.

voated xD
I haven't played some of them, just wanted to give some good games the spot over shit ones

Only two of these aren't memes. Take a guess.

no regrets.

Updated my list. Am I a good boy yet?

How good is Stephen's Sausage Roll, It just seemed like the ordinary indie shit

Despite increpare being a 7/10 on the San Francisco scale (tentatively, I haven't read much about him), he's kind of a hidden genius when it comes to puzzle games and his game mechanic demos, and SSR is no exception.

Learn moon

no way i can barely wipe my own ass

The "Mom's Spaghetti" award confuses me because I hate spaghetti

Here's my shitpost of the day

nandesuka

I have that game bought. still need the expansion.

good game for when you're really pissed off

Fuck it I'm in

Good but not quite. Think more like pic related

WHERE'S MY FUCKING AQUARIA 2?

So we nominate and some council of shitty games journalists votes right?

Nope, it turns into a process of elimination where the top nominees for each category get voted on by the community, 1 winner per category.

Where every category is won by Todd Howard's masterpieces or the flavor of the month, regardless if it's actually suitable or not.

I felt a little happy until I remembered that democracy doesn't work.

Speebot

Zachtronics games, except SpaceChem I guess because of the base defense levels, or Infinifactory because of the thematic conflicts. Extensively, any block mover games. If you take the Blowhard out of it, The Witness was nice.

If you can't classify the game as Man VS. Living Thing then that's a good place to start.

Preemptive, I'm used to double spacing major ideas out anyways.

it works fine, otherwise the gamefaqs awards wouldnt be great

I know, L Block is such a great guy.

I did my part.

This isn't suspicious.

just check a random game on the steam frontpage they all got a review boom because of the sale

I didn't believe you. I don't play Skyrim and heard there was backlash against Special Edition. What is the one everyone makes mods for and which one has a dead mod community?

Looking through some of the sales, any anons play Stellaris? I've never played a paradox game, but I like space things. Worth a buy?

Skyrim: Special Edition is over all not that much of an improvement over the legendary edition but still directly better vanilla to vanilla.
BUT HOLD THE GOD DAMN PHONE
Skyrim script extender which basically allows you to really mod the game isn't compatible with Skyrim SE and because of this there shitty pay for mods shop got put in. Makes sense there trying to hide the Legendary ed on steam.

Stellaris is less of a grand strategy, which is Paradox's supposed specialty, and more of a 4X. Though it has some interesting features every game feels the same and it's not very polished. If you want a good 4X space game go for Galactic Civilizations II or III.

Mom's Spaghetti
What was meant by this?

what the fuck, thats really low for a AAA, did it flop or something?

Filled this out before reading the thread.

:^) I got it

Oh shit

How much did that pajeet who fucked up DmC paided for the nomination?

>>>/strek/ knows how to destroy it

You probably should change the first one

moms spaghetti confuses me because we call our mothers mum here and mom's spaghetti only makes me think of a wigger

Goodbye all

>>>Holla Forums

YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT. DO NOT MISS MOM'S SPAGHETTI

>>>Holla Forums

It's a tongue-in-cheek answer, since you murder quite a few creatures in that game. Plus it's just really good.

>>>/cuteboys/

It came from /strek/ user.

This is a good choice.

>>>/sw/

Who wants to try next?

>>>/bane/

>>>Holla Forums

Seems like the Planet Killer is going to eat Holla Forums

Holla Forums

>>>/a/

>>>/fur/

>>>Holla Forums

Send it to >>>/startrek/

>>>/aus/
And for the love of fuck get trips when you go there.

>>>/radcorp/

>>>Holla Forums

This thread is literally "Reddit: the thread"

This is just embarassing now.
Is Holla Forums incapable of getting dubs?

what the fuck dude

Oh yeah? Well check these
And send it to Holla Forums

Impressive :^)

Guess I'll go fuck myself.

shilling my nominations.

I nominate >>/leftyweebpol/

>>>/just/

send it to /trv/

Holla Forums

>>>/a/

Holla Forums

wew, I choose Holla Forums

Holla Forums it is then.

This thing has got to go, I summon the power of dubs!
>>>/monster/

Reroll

Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

Remember the outer hull is composed of solid Dubronium, you have to fire into it's exposed mouth to get repeating digits.

Holla Forums

Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

Holla Forums FUCK YOU NIGGER GIVE ME DUBS

as per rules, reroll for Holla Forums

YOU'RE GOING TO Holla Forums FUCKER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAH

Very nice and very checked user.

Every time. They're constantly being bombarded and its glorious.

YOU HEAR THAT Holla Forums
EVERYONE FUCKING HATES YOU AND YOUR TRANNY BO

wew finally.
>>>Holla Forums2280242

Please let them get trips

Good job user!

Imagine if chodemonkey actually deleted the board on trips.
That'd be hilarious

We'd be mining salt for days

Rate me. Though there were some awards that were hard to choose, for some I had to make do with something mainstream or meh like Doki because I don't play horror games, as for the excitement/spaghetti award, I had nothing.

Oh for fucks sake.
>>>Holla Forums2280255

ship it to /a/ this time

Send it back.

darn.
Send it back to Holla Forums

winrar

kek and back it goes!
>>>Holla Forums2280268

Please let them get trips please let them get trips

Dub dubs confirm.

Unfortunately they managed to get rid of it in time.

it's in Holla Forums for the 3rd time now

This is it. This is the day the Planet Killer destroys Holla Forums. I feel it in my bones.

I'm laughing so hard right now, I'm in pain

Man that place sucks.

IT GOT BETTER

AND BETTER

And all was well in the world for one small moment.

He didn't fly so good.

Today was a good day.

So going to post results on /sudo/ and see what happens?

It makes me sad but I like it

After today I think I might have to browse /strek/ more often if they are going to be blowing up boards like Holla Forums

WON'T SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN!?

I love that this thread got derailed, resulting in the destruction of Holla Forums

And nothing of value was lost that day.

The fate of a man who lost it all.

"GOLF IT"
funnest game online golf with friends is dogshit golfit is better in every way

anyone else feel like all the "awards" are written by some rick and morty watching lefty redditor ?
they all sound so snarky and "not real" IDK what half of them are even supposed to be for. at least last year had SOMEWHAT normal categories, i guess they cant do normal ones because no matter what wins le reddit will be in an uproar and that is clearly the only group of people valve cares about.

You aren't the only one, these awards feel brain dead, almost as if they were written by a drugged out Facebook-reading shithead, the "Whoa dude" award is especially egregious of this.

It was a good ride.

I'm scare…What if it comes back? We might have won today, but tomorrow we won't be so lucky..

nice one

Holla Forums should go next tbh fam

I presume it will probably be sent back to Holla Forums to blow up whatever remains of the board.

Fuck off, kike. Die in a truck fire.