Linux Gamers

What are you currently playing or planning to buy on sale?

I'm currently playing:
Fistful of Frags
Left4Dead 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
Borderlands 1.5 (then 2)

Games I might buy if they are on sale:
Rust
Ballistic Overkill

Other urls found in this thread:

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=34401
launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/ archive/ubuntu/pkppa
ghostbin.com/paste/oycv5
github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases
safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
downloadcrew.com/article/33585-oo_shutup10
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873R&cm_re=m5a97-_-13-131-873R-_-Product
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards
lutris.net/games/mdk/
steamdb.info/linux/
launchpad.net/~commendsarnex/ archive/ubuntu/winedri3
forum.manjaro.org/t/intel-finds-critical-holes-in-secret-management-engine-hidden-in-tons-of-desktop-server-chipsets/
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10803
bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20459
forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/359323-any-tips-for-running-on-linux/
register.gamersfirst.com/login
gog.com/forum/general/installing_gog_games_on_linux
crawl.develz.org/download.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Considering GPU pass through since I'm getting 30 fps on 10 year old games in wine.

There is a reason that no games are ever made for linux.
Hint:we pirate everything

Fuckoff Burch

Nope

Native games don't run virtual windowing system calls through the X server. Vulkan is supposed to be very good for it, so it will improve over time.

I'm not sure who you mean by "we" when you refer to all Linux gamers.

I buy well-made games and prefer physical copies when possible.

Not everyone is a torrenting cuck. Try getting a job, user.

Become an hero soon.

Left4Dead 2 mostly and a bit of Darkest Dungeon.
I still have to try Hacknet and Shadow Tactics: BotS
Is the new Hitman worth getting now that the Studio went indie and you can get the game as it should have been from the start in a complete package?
Also: Don't get Obeserver

WHICH GAMES?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Emulating arcade/console games from the '80s-'90s.

Vidya from the second millennium is fucking trash.

Would it be worth it to build a Lil ITX/mATX box for that? I have a backlog of backed up software already and I hear most emulators have more resources at their disposal on linux

ITX is a waste in my opinion. You're essentially over-paying for restrictions to shove something slower into a small package. It's really designed for people who have absolutely no choice but to cram a fully computer into a ridiculously small amount of work area like in a book shelf.

If budget is your main concern, I would still suggest investing into a cheap 4-core like a used Xeon or i5. Having all 4 DIMM slots is worth it in case you need to re-purpose the build for something else or add memory later.

mATX isn't too bad if you have the full PCI-e x16 slot and 1 or 2 of the x1 slots for another device you might need at some point. It's not much smaller than a standard ATX to be honest.

If you don't mind AMD, you will get more processing power for your money. They just tend to produce a lot more heat or consume more power, both if you're overclocking.

The best money spent would be a standard ATX mid tower build. You could use a smaller case like the SilverStone Redline RL06. Either get an external burner or use a different machine to transfer data initially.

Why not use VirtualBox or VMware workstation?

A good question for once

good point

also
I'll actually have to check my wishlist to remember

welcome reddit

All.

These.

Paragraphs™.

Holy.

Shit.

How wrong you are, user.

I actually lift and don't own a fedora.

Invest into a vasectomy or some prescribed amphetamines.

serious answer though, others may agree or not
for higher end emulation, you end up need way much cpu than you would expect, normally needing a high end PC just to play PS2/Xbox games
obviously this is not the case for such older consoles, that can pretty much run on any potato, even those raspberry or mini PC

on regards with linux, it won't make that much difference on emulation I think, either way you can just dualboot

Buy an ASUS tinker board, put it on a raspberry Pi case, there's your leenoockz machine, if you want to play games then that's another thing but then what do you want 2 computers for?

The emulators are already virtual. Why would someone want to run a virtual OS just to run a virtual console?

answer on the games though
sadly very little of the games I'm aiming for are available for linux

pretty much the only real contenders, though I'm sure which one to get
pretty good, but pretty already burned out on pirated version
didn't even know this was also available for linux
another contender, pretty cool little game, and already cheap as it is, worth the buy
also another contender if it gets on a good enough discount

Then you fell for the Nvidia meme. I get damn near native performance with D3D9 games with Gallium 9.

Did the cartels cut your head off yet?

I was looking at Tri of friendship and madness as well as Lumos, both are over 50% off at GOG and I was wondering if anyone has tried them before

where do you think that currency is from?

Naev, Endless Sky and Ur-Quan Masters are all open source space-themed vidya crack.

Linux has the second largest game library of any system when you factor in emulation. There are literally tens of thousands of games that run flawlessly on Linux.
There's a some hardware overhead, but you can offset that cost by pirating a few games.
PC+Linux is a great gaming platform tbh. It's certainly much better than being a console nigger.

Currently playing pic related.

never change fedoras

Shit is quite addicting to be honest, especially when you're a noob. The AI is a fucking jerk, love it. I wish they made the car easier to do drifting.

mfw

I'm playing some hand of fate here and there. Might play detention after I'm done with my tests.

If we're counting Wine, the Flatpak Pirate is still posting shit to torrent.

This isn't going to be another Tux Racer deal is it? Where everything looks like it's held together by duct tape?

My GPP install is more stable than OPM was, but uses more RAM on startup. I'm currently in the shittiest part of the game where you can barely get into orbit because you only have one liquid engine and two solid ones and the contracts are either asking you to fly by three planets or to do some incredibly specific test that you really should use a plane for. If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it.

R$ sounds like real which is brazillian currency which means cartels and niggers up the ass.

Speaking of STK…

That's a very interesting observation.

I have noticed for years that almost every robust physics engine supported on Linux with OpenGL has been used for mostly particles, explosions or water.

Nobody seems to care about making something like Project Cars with Linux support.

Do you anons mind when publishers use Wine to port old shit? If not, what would the cutoff point be? I'm thinking around 2010-2011.

I think people wouldn't bitch much about it if the game was at least a decade old so long it was clearly stated.

Five Nights at Stallman's?

Also apparently my Linux install isn't supported by Speed Dreams. Whatever.

I mean, as long as it works perfectly, it's not much worse than the way Feral ports shit. Beats eON in my opinion too.

The new Kiki and Konqi models. They are a little on the horrific side.

Actually, yes. I hate this.

I quickly learned that Steam loves to advertise games as being supported on Linux or SteamOS, but they're just WINE ports with .dll replacements that allow running it in the X-windowing systems.

They run like absolute trash. I can't stand it. Don't even sell the game for Steam at that point. It's why SteamOS is dead.

QEMU/KVM with IOMMU passthrough of an nVidia GPU to a Windows VM counts. I play a lot of games, and Windows no longer touches bare metal. Yay me.

I dunno, even on my old 8350 box, shit like Two Worlds runs alright since CMST is enabled. Not native performance, but playable. Then you have old shit like Septerra Core where I cant tell the difference.

I think in the case of feral is a case of willing but unable, after all, it depends on the original devs how it is developed. iirc XCOM devs worked with feral pre-release and I think the performance is pretty much even between windows and linux

Is that how Aspyr does all their porting of 2K Game's library?

SteamOS is 'dead' because valve never intended for it to be anything other than a threat. They new damn well Linux was nowhere near ready in 2013. Hell, we needed shit like Flatpak and Wayland before it'll be ready for the average normalfag.

aren't they also debian based as well? probably means they pack old mesa drivers.

So yeah, some games are so old the emulated files can still run them 1:1. That's pretty much what the virtual consoles are doing to sell old proprietary games.

The case I experienced it with was Shadow Warrior around 2013-2014. It was such a disappointment. I needed to drop the resolution and all enhancements just to maintain stable FPS. It still had rough spots.

Feral uses a pre-baked wrapper akin to Valve's ToGL in pretty much all their games. Though now they are ditching OGL for Vulkan for the wrapper.

Of course people don't talk as much about games since there are a very few exclusive titles. The windows gaming experience is very similar to the one on Linux, because they're using the same PC platform. The only major difference is some hardware overhead for non-native games and some lower hardware requirements for games with native Linux versions.

What is your hardware?

LINUX GAMERS, FUKKEN 1337 HAXXORS PLAYING THE BEST GAMES OF 2007!!11!!

Still has more games than your Xbone~

At that time, I was on an i7-4790k @ 4.5 GHz with 16GB of RAM and a GTX 770.

The Linux box now has an i5-4670S @ stock with 16gb of RAM and a GTX 960.

They pack libs from Ubuntu 12.04 too. That's all their "Steam Runtime" is. Old 'Buntu libs.

Then I have no idea why Shadow Warrior was performing so poorly for you. I have an 8350 paired with and RX 480, and my FPS stayed above 70 on max settings.

that sounds odd, I have a decade old intel xeon and an hd 7770, and I was able to play with stable 60 fps at medium. both your cpu and gpu are much better than mine so I find it strange you had problems with it unless you resolution is really high

AoD runs under WINE.

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=34401

Been playing Hollow Knight too. It's good shit.

I can't get over how bad it plays on my rig. Shit tanks hard in the underground part. Even hitman 2016 (™®©) runs better than hollow knight

I will give it another try after I get Bionic Beaver installed some time this week.

2018 is looking good for Linux. I might switch to Arch if I find enough free time outside of work.

fuck off faggot, and take your bait thread with you.

Hoping that someone will explain to me how to get this Vulkan shit working on the open source AMD drivers.

what is your gpu model, m80

it's a two part question. What are you currently playing & What are you planning to buy on sale?
The first one is fairly innocuous, unless you're afraid of datamining.

There is the occasional hiccup. Otherwise it's pretty smooth. Again, 8350/RX 480.

I bought some games, played and finished them. Sales are somewhat of a different story but it's not like I don't have all of what I want already.
I'm playing erotic games these days anyway.

RX 560

I thought Wine didn't support the Gallium 9?
This was over a year ago so maybe I'm out of date?…

Because I can have two

then you don't have to do anything. to get bulkan you need the kernel driver to be amdgpu, and the open source drivers, aka mesa. the RX series is only compatible with amdgpu, so you already have vulkan.

not upstream, you can patch gallium nine yourself or use a repo that has it.

Hollow Knight has great art work.

I support this philosophy.

2rigs1desk.mp4

If that is true, then why do I get a "failed to load Vulkan library" error when trying to select Vulkan on Dolphin?

might as well ask me why a computer doesn't boot with the information you have provided. distro? kernel? mesa version?

Xubuntu 16.04, 4.10.0-38-generic, I don't even know what mesa is.

Mesa are the open source drivers for intel and amd. You should use an outside repository, should be several versions ahead than buntu ships launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/ archive/ubuntu/pkppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:paulo-miguel-dias/pkppasudo apt updatesudo apt upgrade

More specifically, it's the component of the drivers that implements graphical APIs like Vulkan and OGL. I'm pretty sure the Intel drivers don't use Gallium for whatever stupid reason. But the AMD OSS drivers do, and so dose Nouveau.

Are you the same dumb fucking nigger in the FREE SONIC 2 ON MOBILE thread?

ghostbin.com/paste/oycv5
Here is my guide to GPUPassthrough using Debian.

GPUPassthrough is the shit, it allows for Windows to be gimped and for you to open up whatever games you want and leaving all your browsing and other activities on your linux machine. I have run a stable GPUPassthrough setup for six or so months now with very little issues.

You are running a Windows If you know how to block everything right that may only see your steam client which means jack shit.

Perfect is not the enemy of good meaning that even though someone through the network can fuck your shit you can stop Microsoft and other applications from stealing your data. Its a hierarchy with you only having ME as your problem compared to many companies having your data just by using your OS normally.

glxgears -infoorglxinfo | grep Mesa

v17.0.7

I still use windows 7, outside removing kernal's manually or not downloading them I ain't got a clue.
Been interested in a dual boot but as far as I've learned if I built a new PC it's either Linux or Windows 10 and if I wanted to take a bear trap with a grenade to a simple doorway I'd rather pick the doorway Linux is the doorway.

Kinda makes sense to put Wine bottles into Flatpaks, if only for the sandboxing.

Dual boot isn't worth it. After awhile you just stop using your Linux because you will care more about convenience. Its like a cheat day on your diet, after awhile it keeps growing and growing until you have made no progress. GPUPassthrough forces you to use one OS that you will have to use and will allow for your games. It takes a decent time your first setup but each time you do it the more you learn how it works and the faster you can have a system up and going. The trick is to iron out all the flaws with each attempt.

I failed many times for many reasons but once I got it I felt like a fucking king. You get a smugness that you are doing the best shit possible while also getting your vidya.

Added this to the guide

Windows Privacy Shit

Just install these in your system and you should be all set to gimp windows properly

github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases
safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Btw. Game related will finally enter early access on Dec 1. (comes with native Linux support)

It's a spiritual successor to Empire of the Ants, an amalgamation between Ant Queen / Sim Ant and War for the Overworld / Dungen Keeper. It's too early to say if it's going to be good, but it looks really interesting. For the Hive.

downloadcrew.com/article/33585-oo_shutup10

One more link

It's not really something which should scare you. Pre-built distributions still give you a lot more control. Just write down everything you do and synchronize your bookmarks as you are learning.

I would recommend a cheap build or some recycled hardware for a Linux box to compartmentalize your experiments.

Well if you say so, a friend of mine did it and he ended up not even bothering with Windows just Linux to do everything because he had significantly more control over fine tuning of things like his fans and what's going on. He only read mange and watched anime anyway, aside from playing Insurgency with me often.
As for the Windows Privacy shit I'll look into this.

It really isn't. It's just a way to waste time. Go ahead and install Linux. It just werks.

Just have him use VirtualBox until he finds a distro he likes. That is what I did to learn how linux works.

Don't work anymore at least on Windows 10, but you can still turn off most of the Telemetry shit and turn off Windows Defender and Smart Screen from the group policy editor, also disable One Drive and other annoyances from there and still disable updates, but only if you pirated the enterprise version.
You can also disable Cortana (who now forcibly logs all your shit "locally"), with the downside that indexing and searches will not work.

What do you mean? I can look at my host file and see that everything has been blocked properly. These three programs together plug up 90% of the security issues with Windows with each complimenting each other on shit they missed.

Both not bad ideas. I can't do anything about it right now as I can't afford to do anything about anything.

lel, you do know that WIndows is literally spyware, right? The only way to plug windows security holes is to format c:

Most of that can be handled in the UEFI/BIOS on a good board from ASRock, MSI or Asus, and it won't be biased to any OS.

If you care that much about it, go for all PWM fans with a board that has all 4-pin PWM headers. Enough extensions can make it work.

Linux has xsensors, psensor, lm-sensors, etc. Lots of good stuff is out there. You could even make your own GUI app.

If you are running a Windows Machine go right now and download VirtualBox. Go to distrowatch and find the most popular distros and get the isos. Run them and see which ones you like.

You are not wrong that is why I said 90%. The beauty of GPUPassthrough is as im typing this im on my Linux Machine. But when I move my mouse over using Synergy to connect the two I am on my Windows. On Windows it just has steam and mumble installed along with some CCleaner and other utility shit. But thats it, its the most basic bitchboy that only gets touched when vidya is involved.

Your x86 based machine is also spyware. You're fucked either way.

They are working on the X220 which gives me hope we can get to Desktop MOBO ASAP that have better specs.

Find me librebootable AMD motherboard that's current with the latest FX chip.

Synergy is super fucking clean. I was pretty tempted to buy a license, but I went with a second keyboard and mouse.

I just use the same desk + 3 monitor setup and only use one of the 2 boxes at a time. The other keyboard and mouse is pushed aside while not using it.

Hey the stuff you linked do I need to use this on Windows 7?
The Spybot thing seems like it'd be fine but the O&O plus that Destroy Windows 10 seems pointless to me.

I haven't actually done gotten around to it yet, but I bought this motherboard specifically with intent to flash it with libreboot eventually.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873R&cm_re=m5a97-_-13-131-873R-_-Product

Here is my comfy setup. I am able to get solid 60 on Siege with mostly high settings with a 980.

gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

Download and run this.

Also that pink mouse is used for gaming, Synergy keyboard works fine but mouse is really fucked.

Your board isn't compatable.

I wish I could afford to buy multiple monitors these days. Finding work is shit.

According to what?

Libreboot.

coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards

I know very well the pain and suffering of trying to play videogames on that thing, i'd rather use proprietary BIOS than going back to that hell

I got both of these on amazon on a sale when they were 69.99 each.

Oh and I've already removed all of these kernals. I'll do a double check anyways later tonight. I got my 1080p for 120$ and it works well.

Support can mean many things. The M5A97 2.0 may not be explicitly listed anywhere but Asus boards similar to it are. And it has a removable BIOS chip so you can get yourself a spare in the event that flashing goes horribly wrong.

I want to get a VEGA 64 with a Freesync Monitor, my friend got one and he tells me its rad as fuck and smooth. Passthrough wise its not there yet because if the VM is turned off you gotta restart the entire machine. But in 3-5 months that should be good and I will probably be able to afford it.

Playan:
Buyan

Actually pirating games for Linux is harder than on Windows. There are fewer resources for pirating (I only know Linuxtor, rutracker and the sharethreads/volafile as pirating sites). Since I use Loonix, I've bought many more games than before.

I can understand if you actually want to play Borderlands, but you could really consider pirating it. Don't give money to those cucks, pic related.

If the game gets native performance, I don't care.

Maybe Cup-head one is a video related issue? it seems that battle actually plays a video in the background, i forgot which winetricks deal with this, maybe winetricks -wmp9 alone can make it work

Asus VS239 for me. Nothing impressive at all.

Free-Sync monitors are actually worth the slight markup. G-sync is bullshit. I hope the GPU's from AMD start to ramp up soon. I love seeing the bigger companies put into check.

VEGA 64 is a beast. I saw a decent "Ryzen 1800x - Battlefield 1 - 2160P Ultra" video on YouTube. It's in Windows, but you can clearly see the capability of the hardware.

Yea, for my setup I want to replace that middle BenQ with a Freesync Monitor. Once that is done I think I will be content. I want to build a new machine and use this one as a Plex Machine. I took my old i5 and put it into my Plex and use an i7 I got on eBay for cheaper for this VM shit since it has better VM performance cause hyperthreading.

Yeah. Wine-staging 2.19

Good taste in games at least.

I have an Odroid C2 Lakka box and it handles up to and including N64 and PSP at full speed. Hell, if overclocked it could probably handle certain NDS games. As an experiment I pushed it to play SM64 DS one screen at a time and got it to just over 20fps (I think) by tweaking the settings. Someday I might go for building an even higher end Lakka box instead of buying a SBC so that I can also play GC. I kind of enjoy having an emulation box, honestly. My PC will always be there for PC games and consoles that are too new. In the meantime, I can do heavy shit on my desktop while playing any number of games on my Lakka box, FreeHDBoot PS2, CFW 3DS, or Haxchi Wii U & hacked vWii. It can also keep any normalfags I know from ever having to see my computer, which is good because I have a Holla Forums wallpaper.

I replaced a shitty bluray player with a LibreELEC box too, that I watch my 1080p HEVC movies and softsubbed chinese cartoons on. Now I'm thinking about doing something more complicated and building a MAME machine for the whole family to enjoy. Polite sage for Holla Forums and not video games.

N64, PS1 and PS2 are god-tier why limit yourself? Games only truly went to shit around Seventh generation with a few exceptions that prove the general rule.
ah must be one of those (((neoreactionary's from the Alt-right))), which means you are likely from /cuckchan/ because nobody for 8/pol/ fell for the TRSodomite bullshit

I'm still happy with 1080p.

It should never be about impressing others in my opinion. As long as it does what you want or need it to do, that's what matters… also being comfy.

>(((neoreactionary's from the Alt-right)))
Please don't, I don't want the Dick Spencer IDF to start shilling Holla Forums too.

A VEGA64 running at 1440p at 144hz with Freesync is the best shit. 4K at 144 FPS is a retarded pipe dream but that inbetween is the sweet spot for high refresh and smooth gaming.

It's worked for me since I build it in 2013. Was dissatisfied with my case but couldn't afford a new one. I wouldn't mind buying another 83XX series but I'd like a more powerful graphics card at least.

A retarded pipe dream for a single card atm.-

I have hard copies of UT 1999 GOTY and 2004 ECE.

I used to have hard copies of Quake 3 and Team Arena, but they were damaged while moving years ago. I still have Quake 4 and the on-disc bonus Quake 2 + expansions. I still have my original copy of Doom 3. I have WADs for Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom. Those are always fun to load up in the newer GL engines.

Most Source games and mods are glorious and run natively with zero effort.

Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy both run well.

I really don't like Borderlands to be honest. It's boring and grindy, but the art and characters are interesting.

Rust seems like it has a lot of potential. I am definitely getting it next time it's on sale around 50% off or more.

Everything else I have for Linux is either indie or just novelty. There's over 120 games compatible with Linux on my Steam account. I am sure they will all be worth playing with Wayland now.

Unreal Engine and Source have yielded the most satisfying games in my opinion. I miss when id Software still made Linux games.

so, did you update and get it fixed?

I'll check later, can't do it right now.

playan (native)

playan (WINE)

and I (maybe) intend to buy the following if I either finish my backlog or they get a native port, assuming they're fun after I try them:

well AHIT is U3, I think those have many quirks. And at this point i dont know if cuphead devs will actually port it. I'm still hopeful for ruiner and OS2

You bet, i ve been surprised by how fast people that don't know me go from chill to full snowflake mode when i ve come up with some Holla Forums tier opinions and then refuse to talk to me again.

The 980 is still a reasonable card. The 3x fan 1080's look really good. Anything above that doesn't seem worth it to me.

A 32GB DDR3-1866 kit (4x8gb DIMM) would revitalize it for at least another 2 years in my opinion, but I would scope out a sale on something with 9cas or 10cas from a good manufacturer.

I think those 8000-series chips could handle DDR3-2133 but only with 2 of 4 DIMMs, so you would be limited to 16 GB but at a higher speed (probably 10cas or 11cas). They're still good chips.

I love linux but unfortunately I have a shit computer very little money can't hold a job and I'm too depressed right now to add anything good right now but ill at least bump your thread. Just wish fallen earth ran in wine….

I am hoping they send it over to Mac and Linux publishers. I hate seeing good stuff with limited releases. Everyone should have the option to enjoy it.

It's wine wrapped over on TPB. Just search 'flatpak' and it should be at the top.

I usually just use my passthrough shitdows VM if I can't pirate native or run in wine.

If you're building a new PC anyway just go for passthrough.

Huh, I happen to have the same board. Post on Holla Forums or edit a wiki or something if it works. or try it right now and post here :^)

I always thought the hard part of that would be the controls, but all you have to do is get a cheap arduino clone like the teensy++, copy/paste some lines of code, and wire up whatever arcade parts you want to use. if you make an arcade cabinet with an lcd consider suicide

For all those saying that GPU passthrought is the way to go. Isnt that aomething that requires a shitload of power to do that? And have many problems with it? Im not sure that my pc with a amd RX560 4gb and a ryzen 1400 in stock settings can do it, or at least with good perfomance…

I wonder what if some developer would make a good game (or at least a game that would be massively popular) and release it exclusively for Linux or at least UNIX-like. Would it be a financial failure or would it make people switch their system (even if temporarily) just to play this game?

I think wine just needs to be more compatible with windows games, but they prolly have lack of people to support/patch/fix/build wine better.

But windblows would prolly end up doing some sort of shit to the games so Linux won't be able to play them cause the gaming companies want windows users not linux users. Want proof? Just look at all the games made for windblows then look at games made for linux…

Windows so I can actually play some games and stop using MEMEos to shitpost on this Thai ladyboy ordering service

Linux gamers exist? What a strange world we live in.

I disagree, dual boot can be a good way to soften the jump to linux by giving people a fallback for when they get stuck or don't know how to achieve something they need. The only thing you need is the dedication to actually try to switch.

You would likely loose a lot of people unless you basically throw a baby tier distro ala elementaryOS in their face as well

Is Distant worlds good?

Wrong.

currently playing native:
that free shit lmao Shadow Warrior from the other day

wine:
Nehrim (Oblivion TC) and Skyrim
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
Xrd Rev2 once in a while
Majikoi
Stalker Autumn Aurora
started Cuphead the other day but only played enough to confirm that the pirated copy works in a jailed wine prefix

emulation:
a bunch of shit in MAME
SMT Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army in pcsx2

buying:
lol no

I reinstalled Sacred Gold out of nostalgia the other day but stopped playing when I switched from radeonsi to amdgpu and –set "scaling mode" "Full aspect" stopped working since playing 4:3 games stretched to 16:9 is disgusting

Linux Games!

Get the obvious out of the way:
SuperTux
SuperTuxCart
SuperWarioLand
xbill
xlennheart
Wolfenstein
FreeDoom
freesweep
moon-buggy
Minetest
GNUJump

You fucked up.

How can I run the GoG version of MDK? I tried to install it with the Lutris installer but apparently that shit doesn't even fucking install the game.

Back when PC games were still released on physical media, I always thought it'd be interesting if games were built to be bootable with their own OS (like damn small linux then just proceeding right to the game). I bet you could shrink a full blown linux install with every conceivable amd/nvidia driver down to well under a gigabyte. I imagine you'd be able to get some very good performance by cutting the OS down to only having enough features to run the game and nothing else.

what is it with the jewish nature of mustard art?

depends on the game. If valve released, say, half life 3 either exclusively for linux or exclusive for some months, a lot of people would switch even if just temporarily

nigga what? take it from someone who installed a game using lutris for the first time(I prefer to do it manually), it couldn't have been any easier. Are you sure you actually read what you were doing instead of clicking nextnextnext?
lutris.net/games/mdk/
In here you click the gog version, the installer asks you where to install it, and the it asks you to select the gog installer. After you do that, for some reason the executable isn't pointed at, so just right click the game->properties->game options->executable and point it to mdk3dfx.exe. and this isn't needed but I recommend you go to Runner options and enabled windowed(virtual desktop)

I just bought Hand of Fate 2. Your opinion is invalid.

What did you think of it. I don't mind the first one though RNG can be a bastard. I probably will eventually buy the 2nd but waiting for sale on it.

I've been working on this for a little while? Does the format of the graphic need to be changed? Any games I should add to give the list more variety?

Toki Tori 2+

this is best lingux thread in a long while.

holy shit thank you i played it a while ago, my hard disk died and forgot how it was called. great game.
i will check naev too

The 2nd game is vastly superior to the 1st in every way. The combat was significantly improved, dual daggers were introduced, there's comparatively more monster variety, and they added a combo system what gives you a powerful strike if you land X hits without taking one yourself. It is still, however, the weakest part of the game, but if you like Bamham style combat you will enjoy it. The RNG can be an asshole, however it is only the most asshole by the end of the game and on Brimstone Cards. There's also a bunch of items for those who hate the RNG that give you significant roll bonuses, but unfortunately the game seems balanced a bit around you using them towards the end of the game if you don't want to replay the same mission a dozen times.
At it's current price I'd say it's a little overpriced considering Endless Mode is not out yet. If they drop the price by, say, $5 for Christmas, and they do release it by then, it enters purchase of the year territory IMO. I bought it by reflex because I fucking loved the first one and they gave a Linux build from the outset.

Yeah I'm mostly waiting for that. Thanks for the rest of the info.

so is WINE a version of linux or just a program? I know nothing about Linux but have always been interested in trying it out at the very least

wine is windows emulator

wine is not an emulator, damnit

but its a very good explanation to total newbies.

But if you use VirtualBox to practice until you understand it removes the need for dualbooting.

What am I missing, it blocks all the signals sent to Microsoft and removes the bullshit app and third party bullshit.

worksonmymachine™

Antichamber
Bastion
Bro-force
Dead Island
Devil's Dare
Lifeless Planet
Kingdom Rush
Transistor

I'd make a list from my games if I ever had the time to go through all of them.

My account is up to 129 SteamOS/Linux. A lot of just randoms from bundles.

I know you need two distinct GPUs and monitors for passthrough, however are both of these monitors available to my linux environment when not actively 'passthroughing' (assuming not switching around inputs), or is any monitor plugged into the GPU I have configured to passthrough never available to linux?

Your list is completely outdated. The list of native and wine compatible Linux games has essentially doubled every year since 2013 and there are 2531 native Linux games on Steam alone.
steamdb.info/linux/

Hat in Time is a DX9 game; use Gallium 9 if you can. And MDK works fine for me in Wine 2.19.

It's alright.

I think I found what could be the problem. In theory, it should appear the option to apply Gallium in the Stagging settings of winecfg…but the option doesnt appear. How is that after installing it, G9 doesnt appear?

LAUGH

True enough although I found people I tried to get to switch more inclined to if it's actually installed and every time they boot grub reminds them of their shameful choice - also some technicallities like Sound or Video problems only really pop up if you do the real thing.

you might have replied tot he wrong person (and I do use G9)

gallium nine in most cases will only make the game run better, it shouldn't affect the ability to play the game in 99% of cases.
First you need to know that gallium 9 is only practical for amd gpus.
Second you don't only need gallium 9 on your drivers (included in mesa) but you need a patched wine version has upstream wine doesn't support gallium 9 because it only helps amd users in linux.

how else would you scan your butt?

You mean this?
launchpad.net/~commendsarnex/ archive/ubuntu/winedri3

I added that before, so it shouldn't be the problem.

I haven't used debian based distros in a longass time, but after adding the repository and updating your sources you should
sudo apt install wine-d3d9-staging
did you do that? I mean, if the option isn't in winecfg then you are using normal wine.

> RAUGH

indeed, but what would best to call it then? a wrapper?

How did you pull that off nigger?

It's called a compatibility layer.

Now MDK works fine. THANKS.

Here is the one actual issue I have with GPUPassthrough, when trying to play games like Metal Gear Rising Revegence and Nioh they run like ass for no reason. I have tried many methods but nothing has worked. Is there a specific reason why a system that should be able to crush those games even at the highest setting is getting barley FPS?

The delivery man just brought the card as I was typing this post which is funny.
To be honest it was mostly just luck,I was autisticly checking the listings and saw that someone had put it up real cheap on amazon.The price went right back up after I got it too.

no problem. After you add a repository and you use update and upgrade your packages will autoupdate (assuming the packages on them are newer than the ones on official repo) but this will only happen if the package in the launchpad is called the same as the package you already have installed.

So did you get it for like 400 or something?

Well it was 100$ dolars below what it went for over here.
So I ended up getting it at around 500

Are we posting Libbies outside of Holla Forums now?

Is UT2004 server browser still functional? I have DVD version around, which includes loonix version too.

And decent F/OSS game recommendations penguinfags?

user's excellent lewd makes me want to learn how to Inkscape.

Why not use Krita? Libbie and Krita would go together really well, because Krita's mascot was made by Tyson Tan as well.
(HEIL HITLER)
Yes, Hitler, time for Libbie to enter the big world 4her full of big guys 4her.

You bet, she died lost for our freedoms

Also: Intel released another vuln for the Intel ME
forum.manjaro.org/t/intel-finds-critical-holes-in-secret-management-engine-hidden-in-tons-of-desktop-server-chipsets/

Half of my Wish List is on sale.

Happy Thanksgiving, user!

Picking up:
Rust
Ballistic Overkill
Hyper Light Drifter

inkscape is vectors, krita is raster

How about no.

yeah quite a lot,
if you like spess/4x/management/heavy autismo
and the best thing is that can automate whatever you want

who the fuck?

a good number of titles are on rutracker so you dont need to give gaben your money

devil daggers being an exception that greatly pains me

Nope, didn't work. Still getting "failed to load Vulkan library" error.

Somebody missed out on the gayest, most pointless conspiracy in the history of Holla Forums.

Libbie-chan.

Are you calling the debacle gay and pointless or the rigging of the vote gay and pointless?

I mean the reason LO probably rigged the thing were certainly gay. And it was pointless because anyone with a thimble full of autism would see through them.

reasons*

Is there a reason anyway? I can't fathom why.

Two possible things:

1) They had a pajeet picked out to win the laptop from the start. They figured it would be good PR

2)Libbie and the Cockatoo were both too popular, so one was disqualified before it could even be entered, for bullshit reasons, into the contest, and the other was taken out before round 2.

It is very probable Libbie got enough votes to make to to round 2, which is why LO isn't releasing the votes from R1.

I get the first, but for the second why? What's wrong with libbie? Why couldn't she win?

I want to fuck that creature.

Libbie was too popular and there is no way in hell any of the clipart finalists would have beaten her. Tyson is an established artist and already has three F/OSS mascots to his name. No real PR win there if Libbie won.

You're not alone.

Oh dang.

So it's assumed just for the PR? That really is pointless and gay.

oh my

That's a sin.

>posting the unfinished version
Also a sin.

I'm passed the point of no return so oh well. She isn't real anyway.

take your pill, user.

I'd give her my pill.

Because it's basically just the Krita squirrel but green. Dumb mascot.

Pls, she already has way better lewds than Kiki.

Works for me.

Works for most of Holla Forums too.

Green eyed girls are the best.

explain please

They have their charms.

So do inhuman females.

Same deal as Keke, just a more minor deity.

Meme magic: It's not just a Kek thing.

wew.

I thought it was hearlessoul for a second.

I'm still completely lost but alright. she's pretty cute at least

Nah. I doubt he'd do something as obscure as her plus it's not his style at all.

Libbie was a candidate for a mascot contest that was rigged. Holla Forums (and to a lesser extent /g/) started fucking with the contest in response and it had to be shut down.

she's a cute mascot and I like her. rigging this shit is retarded though. The lewds are nice, thanks user.

so are they officially using the plagiarized clipart bird?

Most of the threads are still up in Holla Forums. It was quite the shit show.

Nope. They shut it down.

I haven't been on Holla Forums for months so I wouldn't know.

Most of the threads are still up. They're still worth a look.

I'll go looking to find more lewds.

I'm playing Tales of Maj'Eyal and Baldur's Gate 2. I don't really need to buy any new games at this time.
But why user? I'd rather install Windows than play that garbage?

In GemRB, I hope. Tell me you didn't give BD your money, user.

WELL I THINK IT DOES LOOK KINDA LIKE HIS STYLE SO FUCK YOU YOU HYPER NIGGER

Maybe we should ask him to draw Libbie…

Did you quote the wrong guy?

Not many new lewds in the thread but oh well.

Ive been installing it just resently only to notice I cannot find my usual mods anymore. Especially the knights kit, I refuse to play without it.

Sadly, a lot of the lewds were made on halfchan. In the latest thread they're putting a compilation together though. sfw and nsfw.

No. I bought the originals from GOG when you still could. They're releasing another "enhanced" edition of Neverwinter Nights. From what I understood it only has minor graphical improvements like UI scaling, some new shaders and a handful of portraits. No trannies this time but slapping shaders on an old game and calling it "enhanced edition" is Bethesda levels of stupid. Neverwinter nights ran fine in newer system and widescreen resolutions. Even normalfags shouldn't be stupid enough to fall for this one and buy the same game again.

n-no i meant to do that you super faggot

The whole tranny thing makes zero sense in that universe. You can wear a magic item and actually turn into an actual woman. What would the big fucking deal about being a tranny be, other than not being able to afford said item.

I think I saw that posted and I should download it.

I'm not the one who quoted myself.

I'm willing to bet that a few of the entries for this otherwise unknown contest came from the friends and children of the LO team, and they all got salty when some professional artist showed up and made them all feel bad because it was unfair in their eyes that someone with talent and skill could steal the prize from them.

It's not finished yet. The deadline is Friday at 10 PM.

Oh, I'll await that date then.

The one they seemed to have slated to win was a pajeet who literally repainted clip art.

Apparently they're selling a digital deluxe version for $40 as a preorder which is ridiculous when the game has been out for 15 years and you can get it for $10 from GOG.

Sage for replying to my own post.

What the fuck is up with that color scheme?

This is even worse than the Krita recolor. Penguins are reserved for operating systems.

Fucking hell, these descriptions are a goldmine.

This. Linux users are the anarchists of computer memery.

I only pirate windows only games but games with linux ports I generally buy

I'm playing NWN right now (taking a break from Yakuza 5 and Dragon's Crown). 40$ is a greedy as fuck price considering Beamdog has a reputation for fucking things up horribly and GOG was giving away NWN Diamonds edition for free.

Fuck! I'm just been bitched slapped as i write this post on a windows OS.

Did they feel the need to propagandize in this one too or is it the same old as the Diamond ed.?

I fixed it

is legend of grimrock still bugged on Linux?

What brand and model of monitors are those? I've been looking for a good model that can rotate ninety degrees to a vertical position.

That's a lot of games.

I 'll repurpose the greentext into a FAQ or remove it entirely. I'm keeping the icon key and title, though.

Okay, thanks. For some reason, when I was doing it, I was doing the exact same shit you wrote, but the installation window did not pop up, only a window that said "Regressing install" or something like that. When the installation finished, I found out that the GOG Games folder on the MDK Wine bottle was not there. So the game hadn't been installed.

And now that I see your post, I went ahead and tried again, and now a window pops up with a progress bar. The game actually got installed this time around. Weird.

Not a good idea, not all distros will run in virtualbox. Just use mint it's the best for noobs, also mint covers a lot of drivers too. I'm more of a minimalist. The best way to test distros in my experience is unetbootin that distro to usb :^) but I prefer to leave iso file untouched so I just use dd

Anything like that for xp m8y?

Nevermind, I'm retarded. Didn't see the legible "Benq" on the second image. Was the brand that I was eyeballing on NCIX.

Try linux mint, its perfect for someone moving from winders. Just guessing that's what you use. My fave game released for linux(pic) im a neckbeard with a splash of nerdyness.

So does this game no longer work? appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10803 I really wanna play this but if there's some sort of fix I asked for above about xp, the game will prolly run smoother in xp…

I read what it said in pic how ill only need winders for new shit but I'm trying to run fallen earth nigz. This games old as beck but muh link says it no work. I used playonlinux m8 but the installer keeps crashing.

Well that typo almost works but the game came out be for beck, googled it,lol

Didn't want to link that post. Now thread is gonna float for me till more anons post. I need to stop posting

Am I the only one retarded enough to still play this game?

isn't it technically furry?

help /linux/
have you ever tried commenting on linuxtor before?
shit can't into spaces, and I can't figure out the fucking security code…

also congratz on the lesser shit fest that was the thread

how is this going user, there are some things I'd like to add

currently trying out Pillars of Eternity, what am I in for?

furries invaded Holla Forums and now they're here

are you guys trying to summon RMS or something?

have you tried writing the comment elsewhere and copy pasting it? otherwise you might try alternative space characters

Haven't worked on it too much, other than cleaning up some of the mess out of the second image.

Didn't play Pillars of Eternity, but I'm told it's a slightly edgier Baldur's Gate. If you liked that, you'll probably like PoE.

Furries can go hang themselves.

This isn't halfchan, nobody cares here. If Callie from Swat Kats does it for you, whatever.

And of course faggots like you hop on board the cute mascot train to push your own cancer.

You saying Callie does nothing for you? I think the problem isn't furries so much as your latent homosexuality, user.

Or perhaps he's not into catgirls.

wrong
literally who?

I like catgirls, problem is that most furshit (including whatever the fuck posted) is aesthetically garbage and furfags ruin everything they touch. Furfaggotry is like some form of chronic shit taste, and it's almost always tied to extreme loneliness and cancer in general.

Who let these children in here!?

just ignore the furfag

Anyone have any luck getting widescreen mods working in GemRB?

Pls, you're just embarrassed you've outed yourself as a baby from halfchan.

Why should I care about some ugly 90s cartoon character?

Look out! He might call you a shill or a butthurt furry!

Why should I care about some butthurt millennial from cuckchan?

Satan, aren't you supposed this kind of stuff beatiful?

Also, because you seem to want some smug mugs I'll just post some just UUUU

Ohiofag's waifu has some nice scenery and tileanon has good taste in floor tiles. You couldn't even be assed to find a decent catgirl because your standards are so low.
I hope you enjoy being the adderbox76 of waifufags.

Shouldn't you be getting ready for thanksgiving dinner at granny's house, lil' guy?

REMOVE TREEFUGGERS FROM THE PREMISES

Emulators tbh, but nothing much past 1992 or so.

anham….

the accepted furryness is limited at liru level, everything else is faggotry as said

anyway, glad that linux thread delved into such a shitstormfest, waiting for the next one!

Except there's no furryness like at all. Or was that the joke?

How would you know? Your dad was slaughtering millions of your brothers and sisters jacking off dry to Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo hentai when that aired.

Apparently cat ears alone are enough to qualify as furry over at halfchan these days.

Are they?

Oh, and what the fuck is there to talk about with Linux gaming?

Yes.

Yes

Yup!

mhm.

Runs most Xp shit now. Later is hit or miss.

And decent F/OSS games?

There, summed the whole thing up for you.

Apparently.

Thread started out good, now its just trash. This shit happened every time I fucking try to get help with linux/games your all a bunch of cunts who act like they know some shit about linux. Every time my request on how to get help on running a game that use to run in wine but now no one can tell me how to run it. This is why linux will never be a good gameing system. Cause Linux just do what they gotta do to keep the distros rolling, they don't give a fuck about what you like to do in your spare time. Fuck you linux community.

Check the Wine AppDB, faggot.

then separate games in their own prefixes and let them with their known working wine versions, faggot.

Fuck you guys, if snobs didn't post stupid shit like furry crap then maybe you would of seen my fucking post about that site cunt bag, I don't understand simple shit but you tell me to install arch I can but when it comes to other shit I don't know shit…posted above a tiny bit but anons are too busy talking about furries and fur fags. This is a linux/game thread right, maybe I'm just in the wrong thread or some shit.

generally you would have to at least get us some logs, you know? the information you provided is as useful as stating your computer doesn't turn on. And for specific games you'd general just use winehq, I doubt anyone else here played the game.

And I really hope you are using a clean wineprefix for this, meaning a prefix created specifically for the game and wasn't modified by you beforehand.

Meme distro.

How about you actually post some information you stupid fuck, no one is gonna try to pull basic shit like this out of your nose

Well to tell you the truth i have no distro right now, had arch installed but jumped to mint to try to see if wine or playonlinux worked any differently. Right now I have nothing on my laptop, and if wine or playonlinux needs logs and notes then maybe it should show info instead it just sits there saying its loading the info on what some of the problems were, left window open for 3 hours and it never showed any info what so ever. Seemed pretty broken to me

Even posted in /Lin/ but no one has asked me one simple fucking question….

If you fuck up something so simple as telling people the game's name and can't be assed to write in proper English, it's no surprise you can't get your game running.

And again anons can't find my post above cause of all garbage posted…..

Nigger, we have IDs here. We can cntrl-f to find the post you're talking about.

Your ID says you only made 5 posts. I've read them and none of them mentions the name of the game that doesn't work. Did your IP switch?

Here

And this is my favorite game on linux…….

Sorry I'm an ass it's my autism. Its my shit isp, my up always changes soon will get better isp

> bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20459 has yet more advice in case that isn't enough
Don't blame autism, you're just an impatient faggot who doesn't read.

This post is not valid now.

Good luck with finding better net. Also, wine is not necessary for your game, it runs natively. Just visit the game site.

ok, man, I can't help you, but I can at least help you help yourself in getting help. People here can't just hack into your computer and see what the fuck is going up, you should always list:
if applicable

Same thing user

Thanks for input of help, usually just lurk cause I'm too autistic to socialize…

Well come over user with them bullets and gun you gonna give me what I want most?

But you just did…

I looked a bit but ill look again on the site, thanks. I just know steam don't work and playonlinux didn't work, went through the settings but nothing worked. I'm pretty sure the Mac installer won't run on linux but I could be wrong…

This is all I could find on the site :(
forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/359323-any-tips-for-running-on-linux/

Who is adderbox76? Is this a lolcow?

If any of you linux users wanna help me kick gamerfirsts ass into gear to make an installer for linux go here register.gamersfirst.com/login
I sent them 2 messages telling them I wanna play and I'm a linux user and how if they ported it for linux they would expand there player base prolly by a lot. I marked the message as payment problem,lol cause I would pay for some stuff if I could actually play. If you do this please try not to be mean in any way, just let them know you wanna play and you use linux… Its fine if you don't, no need to reply to this comment… register.gamersfirst.com/login
I signed up a while ago and they don't send you spam at all.

Why is it taking forever to install HoI 3 with the gog installer? It's been installing for 15 minutes now. mint 17.3

I don't know, I've never installed gog games on my system. Is the bar moving at all? Look in the folder it should be installing to, anything there user?

Does this help?
gog.com/forum/general/installing_gog_games_on_linux

It installed just took ages to but it;'s not showing up on the playonlinux menu. Went to the directory launched it and it crashes. I've installed all the right components, dotnet and all that shit.
Not with playonlinux but if I ever decide to just use wine by itself it could be useful, thanks.

I think I want to try removing all of wine and reinstalling it again because Darkest Hour which supposedly runs good crashes every ten minutes for no apparent reason.

this is not your personal Holla Forums support you faggot
we're here to shitpost and shame shameless furries

jesus man…. I have no gifs to express your stupidity

You're going to have to come out of that closet eventually, user. That, or go back to halfchan.

Didn't you see my dubs of truth?
One thing I don't do is troll linux users, some of them have enough of a hard time with linux. I won't troll them. If your worried about spam then just make a new email for it or don't try to help out a fellow linux user

That's where your wrong nigger(I don't care if your white) as long as I'm here there will always be Holla Forums support. I might not know a heck of a lot but enough to help noobs.
I expect any other user to do the same

This is the greatest thread of 2017, cunt.

Anons, if you had the option to buy the same game on either GOG or Steam, which one would you choose and why?

Both are compatible with Linux.

GOG is DRM free and costs less.

Steam automates installation. Steam is also compatible with Discord integration and has its own UI features like chat.

I feel like this is another case of voting with the wallet.

Sometimes GOG's game builds are out of date or doesn't include Linux builds, but that's more the developers' fault than GOG's.

nowadays I'm preferring GoG, you actually own the game, download, no drm, usually goodies as well
Steam on the other hand jews hard, but has the best deals

crawl.develz.org/download.htm - look there for info. This is an official site. And last time I read it, it had instructions on how to install and run the game on Linux.

Oh, that's not the game I was trying to run, it was fallen earth, sorry my id keeps chang'n, that game is a really good game, I've played it a lot and checked out all the updates they got for it. I love it user.

Now I gotta check out that dwarf something game, I guess it's for linux to. Saw the thread about it floating about on Holla Forums. I kinda gave up on trying to get fallen earth running, nothing I tried worked to install it and when wine says it's loading what some of the problems are it never shows the info, left it open for 3 hours and never loaded any info. Not gonna get win7 just to run a game…..