What is the video game equivalent of a SOL/CGDCT/Iyashikei anime? These are shows with little to no conflict...

What is the video game equivalent of a SOL/CGDCT/Iyashikei anime? These are shows with little to no conflict, which encourage indulgence of the simple pleasures of life, or contemplation of tranquil scenarios. How would you design gameplay around such scenarios?

Your thread is shit, but while it's here I'll say that Flying Witch is about the comfiest thing on the face of the earth.

Visual Novels

I have no examples but if I were to design one myself I'd say it would be some cartoonish world with forests and grasslands where you collect stuff and solve puzzles. Maybe help out the local NPC's with simple tasks like finding a lost pet or harvest fruit. So basically, a RPG without any of the action or the xp, just comfy exploring and interacting with characters.

Harvest Moon, and NNB is the shit.

One thing I find sad about these kind of shows is that they don't really have rewatch value, if you know what happens then there's nothing left to enjoy.

Go "play" a visual novel. That'll hit the spot.

Stardew Valley?

Atelier has you covered.

If you play Rorona or Totori, they quickly become stressful time management though.

a-anything on pc?

I don't know why that pacifist, leftist faggot Hayao Mitsubishi hates modern nip-toons, they seem right up his alley.

I-I can read… Something besides VN and I've heard from many anons that Stardew Valley isn't all that good.

It's true. Everything that's worth experiencing twice in animation usually doesn't exist in that type of show. The animation is deliberately done as cheaply as possible, the music is usually forgettable, the characters are usually too close to an archetype, if there are jokes then, even if they're funny, they're usually extremely tame, and if there's a plot, it's usually extremely predictable and eventless. The fact that it's an animation is secondary, and only treated as a delivery system for a series of ideas about a setting and characters. If either of those fall flat, it's not worth watching at all, and if not, then it's only worth watching once. You probably wouldn't watch the same sitcom front to back twice either, unless it had truly unique elements to it, like Seinfeld or Scrubs.

VNs aren't that bad user, the problem is getting good translations. Really, they are as comfy as watching anime, but more heart wrenching when they're finally over.

K-On is rewatchable.

That's why I avoid them user, it makes me quite sad for a long time after. I feel like I've been left behind.

I get it. I only ever played one VN and I won't play another any time soon.

I think you already have been left behind, user.

>ywn learn moonrunes

Is there any other anime out there like Jin Roh? One that handles darker themes, gory violence, and tragedy in a mature, well thought out way instead of edgy?

If you feel useless, it's because you were feeding off the creativity of someone else. All real autists own a kind of internal engine that keeps them going, making up new road as they go by.

Story based waking simulators and casual mobileshit.

This

also please don't talk about anime on MY board, thank you

I guess slice of life can be added to the massive list of words that nobody here understands the meaning of.

Harvest Moon and look-a-likes, The Sims, some more exploration oriented RPGs and games, simulators in general. I honestly don't know.
You're looking for passive and tame games, that you can usually play with little concentration. Can't say I know many games like that, but that's more on me for having no interest.

Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon come to mind. The Sims kinda counts, but not really.

At some point slice of life and fantasy stopped being considered mutually exclusive themes.
I blame the fact that there is no better term for it, considering the formula is still very much the same, simply detached from reality.

Non-combat flight simulators are comfy, but I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for.

Now this, I would like to know.

Isn't half the story in that show about a guy making friends/waifus with a little girl?

It's not the most amazing game but its comfy and fun. Just mod out the token nigger thats made the smartest in the entire village with one of the few happy marriages and the games good.

Or you can cuck the black dude and put a white baby in his wifes oven.

Slice of Life
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things
Not familiar with the term myself, but Iyashikei apparently refers to an anime genre that translates into "healing" or something. My guess it's sort of like "comfy".

Why not just write slice of life or cute girls doing cute things? That way it sounds like a LGBT acronym.

I get the feeling weebs are becoming even worse…

Probably should contribute. Katamari would probably be a good example for this sort of thing, or Animal Crossing. There are more pretentious games like Flower that doesn't have much of a conflict with a very nature appreciative vibe. Also I'd bet that most people would say sim games like Euro Truck would also be what you're looking for.

Idk, OP's probably just assuming everyone is as weeb as he is. SoL is a pretty common acronym though.

the Boku no Natsuyasumi series

Sorry I don't speak weebrune

go away

For me, it's hunting simulators where you use a bow. Skyrim for example, while utter trash, is worth a pirate if you mod it into a hunting game. There's just something about crawling through the underbrush, bow in hand and listening to movements around you, arrow on the nock and ready.

Though real hunting is more fun, it's not as comfy since you are actually outdoors and trekking through knee-high mud and stuff.

Psycho Pass.

SOL is common enough. Cute girls is usually never abbreviated, iyashikei is usually just said as healing unless you know the average power level is high enough to comprehend moon runes.

Sucks to be you, pleb.

I only watched a few episodes, but fuck the fanservice is so blatant it's comical.

Chances are that you're going to enjoy most things labeled with "shounen", which is Japanese for wise old man. Trust me.

There's absolute swathes of the stuff out there, people just don't remember, never watched, or aren't interested in talking about them. A good number have been discussed so much that there's not much left to discuss.

So is Leon the Professional.

Never understood this complaint. They give you so much time to do everything that it's hard to not get the best ending. People, for some reason, are stressed out about being timed instead of noticing how much time they really have. Older Harvest Moon games did this and it was never a problem.

Texnolyze, Rainbow, Tekkaman, Gundam 0800, and Wolf's Rain.

Most games for kids under the age of 6 are like that. Stuff that's meant to teach basic reading and math.

Don't think so.

wow, that looks great in terms of atmosphere! has anyone played it?

Fucking goddamn weebs.