Gog black friday sale

What games are worth buying and which ones should I pirate

Thinking about getting Ultima series, which ones are good?

Oh yeah, and you can get MDK free right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Mvh2M
please
archive.is/bkGR8
gog.com/game/stories_the_path_of_destinies
gog.com/game/oxenfree
gog.com/game/the_final_station
archive.is/sLlQb
jazz2online.com/
gog.com/game/commandos_ammo_pack
gog.com/game/commandos_2_3
gog.com/news/welcome_back_descent_series
archive.is/d9voy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pirate everything. You're a newfag for not knowing this.

search the catalog before posting next time

Utimas 1,3,4-6,7bg,7si, savage empire, and Martian dreams are great-god tier
2 is good but best played on FMTownz; the dos version has a high food consumption rate and a chance to get no exp I cash from a monster. Making matters worse, it takes the same amount of food to walk a block to McDonald's as to hike around the world
8 has its good points but a ton of flaws too
9 is borderline skipable. A lot of shit with a lot of blame to be passed around
Underworld 1&2 are pretty good, but you may wish to wait for one of the source port engines to hit 1.0

Nah. There are games like Hollow Knight that came out recently that are fucking great and deserve your money. If everyone pirated games then they'd never get made.

Simple economics kiddo. You'll get there one day.

Current year devs don't deserve your money.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

elex
titan quest
dragons dogma
new vegas
hllow knight
Grimrock I and II

He should try them before he buys them though

Well old devs are dead, so it's not like they get your money.

Just go back

Great thread.

Go help start the race war on Holla Forums instead of shitting up the vidya then, faggot.

Devs make more money from a purchase on Steam and it looks better to investors. Even for the niche "I want to support good developer" anons.

Nope, just new ones.
Nah
>>>/leftyweebpol/

Nah m8, we all know Origin is the only thing that matters

Kill yourself leddit tryhard.

Fuck yeah dude, I love call of battlefield.

It is more speculation on my part, I mean I don't agree with it and it sucks but Steam is more popular, has the console audience, looks better to Asian developers, and has a "Social" platform built around it. Gog is a little too late? I don't know, I am just making assumptions.

Obviously i trust you, but i need to verify it before i act upon it. Got any proof?

If you understand kike economics and basic investing/marketing, you would know. Just a thought.

So you, yourself, haven't verified this information?

What is verify? do you want some kike charts or personal testimonies?

It's a 2d walking simulator that looks like a flash game from early 2000s that tries to appeal to the "souls game" fans. It's mediocre as a platformer at best and you spend most of your time backtracking. Maybe worth a pirate but don't give money to the cuck developers

Just wanted to say this is a good thread OP
A damn shame since its actually useful.

I just buy from the website, I hate middle man software.

Assuming you don't already have these:
Deeper in the catalog we find
This should cover everything cheap that isn't also also on a recommendation chart unless it is extremely cheap.

Fucking kill yourself with motherfucking Krokodil my, man!

Both look as good I assume. Steam is more a tad more profitable, because Steam breaking yuropoor's balls by making the prices in Euro and Dollar bascially the same numerically, whereas GoG has a price fairness policy.

Any hard evidence that they are cucks? Unless you don't bring it in, its up to you whether you give it money or not. Claiming that it looks like a Flash game from the early 2000s is a very exaggerated praise for these. Most of them looked like feet drawn bullshit. Your entire post sounds pretty clumsy. Like you are from some other place that doesn't know vidya that well.

My fucking god! No wonder you trust yourself.
So your saying kikes are willing to admit this in chart form? Yes please provide it.

dubious, but it would have some grounds to what your saying if their a developer, and released on GoG.

What do you mean by "knowing vidya well"? I gave my opinion on Hollow Knight, if you disagree that's fine but it doesn't mean I'm wrong since it's a subjective matter. What other place do you think I'm from user?

Nice bait

First give away is comparing flash to the graphics of Hollow Knight. One look objectively better than other. The other give away is totally missing the point of a metroidvania.

That doesn't mean they make more money from each steam sale than each gog sale. If anything gog probably takes less of a cut as a way to incentive people to put their game on a less popular platform and develop some form of competitive advantage.

Ultima 7 is good, but don't buy it since the devs are long dead.

Buy me gameu

shameful, user.

almost believed you faggot…
but coming down to terms, steam may be better for indie devs, that don't need a publisher,
but gog allows you to actually own a game, download the files, goodies, and guaranteed drm free

user, are you a SJW?

Not today, Chaim

Well, today ain't friday.

Get the fuck out. This is isn't cuckchan. If you can't provide sources, if you can't put your money where your mouth is, then get the fuck out. 8/v/ has always been a board where EVIDENCE MOTHERFUCKER is a hard and fast rule. If you think you're too good for evidence, then you're too dumb for this board.

They both take 30% cuts.

archive.is/Mvh2M

It's something to work with. Good job.
I do have my doubts relating to his statement.
If you specify pricing in the humble bundle, it's 65% for devs, 20% humble and 15% for the charity. This is of course post IGN buy out, and post 2013. IGN could have changed the default numbers, or people might have just paid the devs more than default. This is looking at only one bundle, so maybe the pricing changes between bundles

lel

Do you also get triggered when people post reaction images featuring your least favorite politicians?

At least you're one of the "cool kids", right?

gayder please kill yourself and stop shilling for good old goy

fixed that for you

So is GOG polish or was that just a meme?

you fucking retard. gog games are made for pirating, then if you really really enjoyed the game you pay for it

Go back to reddit.

Not an American here, is it called Black Friday because everything is a steal?

I'll go back to reddit when you go back to Africa.

There is rarely ever anything worth paying for in current year. The point of this thread is self defeating.

IT WAS JUST AN ASSUMPTION YOU FAGGOTS JUST PIRATE THE SHIT ANYWAYS HOLY SHIT
I just BOUGHT a super everdrive and a snes mini jr USA for 80$, get fucked internet.

what are you? A jew? I bet you are a poor, smelly third world motherfucker.

you are into ponies and you talk about degeneracy? Can I ask you a question? Do you hate niggers? Because you really shouldn't, you are just as bad as them.

>>>/killyourself/
Get a job.

Marketers will tell you it's called Black Friday because businesses take huge inventory loans (putting them in the "red") and it only starts paying off on that friday (putting them in the "black"). In reality it's called black friday because the christmas shopping craze sets in the day after Thanksgiving, companies start offering mad discounts to entice customers, and a lot of people go fucking nuts overcrowding stores, causing traffic problems, stampedes where people get run over, shoved out of the way, or end up starting fights over the last copy of some product they wanted to buy, so police and shit have to pull extra duty on that godawful day, hence the name Black Friday. The name caught on, but marketers wanted to put a more positive spin on it than "This is the day when we shamelessly entice people to go fucking crazy when buying our shit and give all our store workers, mall cops, some paramedics, and police officers hell."

Example: please use archive.is/alivelez/xx-back-friday-horror-stories-from-retail-workers-who-lived

This is the real reason why it's called black friday. Crazy fucking shit happens. Of course the digital black friday sales are perfectly safe, and in real life, it usually doesn't go as crazy as the horror stories go, but it does happen, and people know, so the day is rather infamous. For the most part if you go shopping on black friday you just have to worry about stress and parking spaces and long lines and stores being out of the product you wanted by the time you got there if you're not careful. A lot of people will pass on going to black friday simply because it's not worth the trouble to them. Me, I've gone shopping on black friday before and didn't have any problems, but we only hit up one store, unlike some people who go on fullblown holiday shopping sprees hitting up store after store for their shopping list. Probably also depends on where you go. Some communities are just bigger assholes than others.

It's just personal preference, you don't have to fucking force your projection.

Let me fix that link.

Black Friday horror stories: archive.is/bkGR8

>"le be me, le d949f9"
>"le I should preorder the special collectors edition for beyond sub par, unfinished products early acces cut content "games" that are so laughably condescendingly made with no passion, skill, respect for the customer, regard for demographic/audience, logic, and indifference to the effect the game and my purchase of the game has on the game industry and I should be lucky I even got that, then like the good boy I am I better lick up every single sperm cell and preorder dlc, expansion packs, season pass, cosmetic items and loot crates"
I had to run your cuckold runes through cuckle trans-late a few times to get a coherent though out of them but no, you are wrong, nice ad hominem attack, you cant defeat my point that there are no games worth buying so you deflect and call me a nigger or whatever.

Maybe it's just one guy samefagging?

This thread is what it looks like when 4chan users come to a website where they are required to use their brain in order to express their opinions, because here we are apparently one of the only places on the internet that is smart enough to realize that a persons opinions can be objectively wrong.

Nope this is wrong, its not preference, its an analog correct/incorrect distinction. You are incorrect. At this point you are ethically in the wrong for financially supporting any video game at all. You should be treating video game releases with a white list, since you are retarded I will explain what I mean by that, every game by default should automatically start its existence, in your consideration as a non purchase by its base, and only things that prove their worth should move out of that, but you retards treat things like neither or a blacklist if we are lucky. None of you fucking fags have any self control. Its pathetic. You are pathetic.
Voting with your wallet doesn't work if retarded fucking children like you who are easily distracted by jingling keys and want to vote with your wallet but have no self control and buy shit that fucks you over and you know it fucks you over and you only do it cause you have a fruitful intelligence.

You are ethically and moral accountable for every single negative thing in the video game industry if you purchase video games, there is no defense for purchasing video games at this point, you are the cancer and you are directly funding the cancer.

Dude… calm down. It's video games.

It's like you love circumcised cock in your mouth, you good goyim.

?

>the successful other digital distribution platform holds their sales on weekends and during holidays to ensure that the maximum amount of people will see and find something they like because it just makes sense
it's GOG,they're special that way

Repostan from the MDK thread, this one seems more active. Is anyone going to run MDK on Linux? I used the installer Lutris provides, the GoG one. It's missing a file, and it won't run.

It's running for a week, this isn't ending after a day or two.

The reason GOG runs their sales for an entire week is pretty obvious. They don't have the offerings of Valve, and they don't have the sales value of Valve. So instead they run their sales first to get your money first. That way if something is cheaper on Steam, you might not buy it anyway because you already bought it on their website.

the free shit is,if you're gonna give free shit away as a promo first make sure the maximum amount of people sees it.Or at least that's something any company with two brain-cells left to rub together and a nominal degree of common sense would do,but not GOG i suppose

< At this point you are ethically in the wrong for financially supporting any video game at all.

You literally cannot fucking win with you cunts.

Fucking kike.

didn't expect much from (you) still dissapoint

I played this a few months ago and I really liked it gog.com/game/stories_the_path_of_destinies

The gimmick is that you keep going through the same story but it has a lot of branching paths that give you different endings. Definitely worth it for 2$.

I've played very little of Oxenfree but it's half an adventure game half a walking sim. Story's pretty interesting from what I've seen but I wouldn't be surprised if it went really sjw later
gog.com/game/oxenfree

The Final Station is really good too, it's basically a simple sidescroller but the universe built behind it is surprisingly competent for a small budget indie game. It's not all sidescrolling, there's some resource management and exploration too.

gog.com/game/the_final_station

That's all I got for this sale, kind of disappointed by the choice of games honestly, you'd think there'd be more.

I've been seeing this gay shit more and more recently. How do these tranny candidates find their way here?

Rapefugee crisis during the Neofag debacle. On the other hand he was caking some sperg for his stupid opinion.

But Steam and GOG sales usually overlap. Steam sale is starting today in 6 PM GMT.
Also source on pic? Reverse search found nothing.

This, before I came to Holla Forums I paid for everything in my hard drive, now i can afford a house and a decent car all thanks to torrent.

You bought a flash cart that can't run the most desirable games on the console. Congrats.

Keep your eyes out for the Goldbox games to go on sale, they usually drop pretty cheap
Dark Sun games are pretty good too

Also, make sure you check out Crusader No Remorse and No Regret

what the fuck

and they say piracy is bad.

im not going to get stuck on the first level, am i?

He downloaded his house and car obviously.

Holy shit you people.

I .. don't know. I just saved it, I didn't even know i had this pic until yesterday I searched my main folder for "consider" and this is what came up.

I'm sorry sergio, but the fact of the matter is that GOG is not seen as attractive to companies putting out new games, and they don't provide the same types of sales that Steam does. Put yourself into the shoes of a AAA publisher, you just spent $20 million on a new title, do you publish your game on the platform known for being a haven for pirates because where they forbid DRM in your games and installers, or do you publish your game on the platform that provides a light layer of security and has the biggest penetration of ecommerce into video games? Everyone knows what companies choose.

It doesn't help that people smugly post "day 1 pirate" as if it's something to be proud of. The way that things are going is inevitable.

Also just to further illustrate my point. I downloaded Terraria's GOG installer. 1.3.5.2 .. I have it on Steam, but I have it modded on the Steam version so I needed a vanilla version. GOG Galaxy detects that I have pirated the GOG release of Terraria, and it literally does not care. How do you sell a platform to a developer with that kind of approach?

thank god you cant pirate any games in steam.

Sure, you can do that. But most people don't want to pirate, because they live under constant fear that they will get vanned, cause they don't understand that it's people who redistribute pirated games who get vanned.

Report and global report.

Piracy is copyright infringement, which is seen as theft because you're making illegal copies. That's how the law defines it, are you willfully dense or stupid?

Copyright infringement is not seen by theft by any legal establishment.
it is its own legal category. Only good goyim like you conflate it with theft because theft carries a social stigma.

I bought Homm 2 and 4 and Dood sex with my pizzeria money. It feels good when you purchase something.

Run along, please.

No it doesn't, it feels like someone just took my money. It feels good when you get something for free.

I don't know user, I routinely pay your mom to suck my cock and it feels fucking great.

Good on ya, maybe she can buy you some better quality bait.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/reddit/

that's not bait,it's a direct affront which coincidentally is your mother's prefered method of payment for services rendered

archive.is/sLlQb
Just as a rebuttal to the idea that it's "not illegal."

Like what? yoshi shit, fag mario rpg, gay fox and dickwings? What about MegaXshit2 and 3? Fuck those games. Faggot.

You are entitled to your opinion but its objectively wrong. But I think we can come to a compromise, I'll calm down but you have to return to 4chan, reddit, twitter or facebook where you came from. Deal?

Money is money no matter how "little" it is. Its direct financial support now a single game so far posted in this thread is worthy of your money or support. But keep shoving shit up your ass you brain damaged faggot.
Go back to 4chan, reddit, twitter or facebook where you came from.

please kill yourself and get off this site scum

there isn't an arugement please die, you work against the interests of everyone here. please kill yourself

Neck yourself.

Everyone on Holla Forums knows to fucking pirate everything. You shouldn't even be paying for consoles or computer parts either. Is there some kind of raid going on?

I see this is a dubs thread with no doubles, let me fix that.

But yeah, i agreed, user.

Go hang.

You didn't bring arguments for not buying jack shit either. I already heard that line of bullshit when the one eyed Jew peddled Buy Nuffin' Day.

And it is also my money that I am going to spend, you commie freak. Good that you bring up in greentext how pointing out your autistic behavior has hurt your feelings. The entire sentiment and how you preach it is autistic as fuck.

It feels good knowing I worked for my vidya and earned it. I'm not so poor as to not have 20 dollars to spend at the end of the month.

:^)

I bought Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG, it was cheap as fuck.

Actually I did bring arguments as to why you shouldn't buy jack shit, which initially made me think that you didn't mean to even reply to me. Go back and re-read my posts you fucking mongoloid. An argument doesn't have to bring forward new points or ideas to be valid. Just cause you have heard a line of reasoning before doesn't mean its not a completely valid line of reasoning or an argument every single time you see it, in fact you having seen it before doesn't mean a god damn thing at all.
My argument; since you are retarded and like to ignore and/or cherry pick my post, I will spell it out for you, was in fact that, cancer like you who are allegedly part of this board and websites culture, (I say allegedly cause you stick out like a sore thumb with how much you clearly dont belong here, more on that later) are why voting with your wallet doesn't not work for those of us who have self control and do it, cause you will probably turn around and complain about dlc/early access/loot boxes and low quality video game industry game quality standards;
Cause you support any video game at all, ITS YOUR FAULT, EVERYTHING YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT IS ON YOU AND AND YOUR CONSCIENCE, YOU NO LONGER HAVE ANY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY OF THE THINGS YOU FINANCE, AS IF YOU ARE NOT DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE. CAUSE YOU ARE
Yes it is your money but with that trade of money for a service or product, the blame for the industry's cancer is by your own proud declaration is firmly being placed on your shoulders and apparently you are okay with that. I love how you think my feeling are hurt, which is funny cause that could not be further from the truth, in fact the only reason I am I am in this thread is to try to get retards like you to stop being cancer cause us non retards are experiencing second had embarrassment for you and your pathetic existence and decisions.

You only call my argument autistic cause you are simple minded and cant understand or disprove a single word I said. I cant wait for you to embarrass your self by saying this post is autistic cause I put thought and minuscule amounts of effort into it cause you are to lazy and stupid to even read it, and you have never know what its like in life to put effort into anything so you disparage anyone one who does so. Autistic is a meaning less word used by mongoloids to ridicule those who have a higher level of thinking and speaking then what the users of the word can understand and comprehend. This is not new to anyone.

Now on to meta analysis of you, your personality, the points you made, and why.
Hmm really makes you think. So far we established that you are changing your id, why exactly are you changing your id and also at the same time so retarded that you are also replying as your original id outing your self, we also established that you are also vehemently defending the cancerous games industry for no logical reason, we also established that you are bringing up politics when its completely unrelated ("you commie freak" and "one eyed Jew peddled Buy Nuffin' Day." (What did he mean by this? Why would a jew ever encourage someone not to spend their money?)).
You obviously have an ulterior motive in making your post, so what is it? Why do you desire to convince people to waste their money on garbage? What do you have to gain from it? Or why are you so intent on making people from Holla Forums look stupid?

So what are you? The options are you are you are a shill who is being paid to cause chaos and confusion on a notoriously anti purchase website and community by acting like an irredeemable retard and saying we should blindly purchase things regardless of quality and then people like me have to waste their time disporiving your bullshit. Or you a false flagger from Holla Forums who is pretending to be from Holla Forums deliberately purposing weak arguments with the purpose of making people from Holla Forums look bad stupid and annoying? So now that you have been found out tell the class your motive.

Whoops that post was supposed to be made with sage, but hey at least with it bumping the thread it will bring new people into the thread to marvel at your retardation.
Also
(^:

So I am directly responsible for all retarded decisions of bad publishers, because I buy video games? Whats the next claim? That buyfags also did Crunchyroll?

How euphoric do you feel at the moment? Seriously though: Your behavior is autistic, because what you write lacks any rhetoric that involves theory of mind while get angrier and angrier, because someone commited the "crime" of disagreeing with you. Does that sound familar? Sonic arms aren't blue. The argument that I should feel bad for buying video games, because it automatically makes everything bad appear is a funky way of wording the same shit every socialist ever has peddled that makes as much sense as "Bearconductor" to people who have never read a anticapitalist pamphlet in their lives. No, I am not responsible for all the bullshit we are seeing right now, because I bought a Polish Chaos Engine clone today or Styx earlier this year or Jazz Jack Rabbit 22 Years ago. Nobody is guilty of anything for the mere act of buyig and selling goods. Its anti market hogwash and probably bait. Thanks for effort and the pathetic attempt of leading board sentimens ad absurdum. By the way, Holla Forums generates the ID from the IP address and the keeps it in the DOM storage. It was definitely different, because I have posted from work during lunch break. The tendency to obsessive paranoia is another symptom of autism that is strongly connected to the lack of theory of mind and the unabilty to abstract by the way. I know of a similar case involving a user from /u/ called ACK.

You definitely rant like a Holla Forumsack. So much text, so little sense. Nigger, that shit wasn't smart. You're just bitching that everyone should be pirates or otherwise if they buy even one thing they're responsible for everything that's wrong with today's industry. That one sentence sums up your long-winded wall of text. You still failed to explain why. You just added more window-dressing to your argument, when you should've added support using analysis and reason. This is like looking at a sophomore high school english essay. Hey if I spent more words on describing my thesis that must mean I proved it's right, right?

Either provide a reason why you think so or fuck off. Variations on "hur dur it's obvious", "common sense", or "omg spoonfeeding" will be treated as tacit acknowledgement that you've intellectually bottomed out and cannot write a proper rationale so you're resorting to flimsy excuses.

I tried.

I fucking love watching you aspies rip into eachother.

Hey I just wanted to tell you that jazz actually has an online community. Check it out. No joke: jazz2online.com/

Incidentally, that bit on theory of mind is a tad overwrought. He's not required to mentally simulate your thought patterns and view your claims from your perspective in order to produce his own responses and counterarguments. Feel free to bitch about a lack of social skills and a general inability to engage the structure of your argument if you want but proper theory of mind is unnecessary for all of that (well, it definitely helps with social skills, but basic behavioral patterns of social propriety don't require awareness that extensive). You sound like you took psych that one time and decided to run with those fancy names and phrases to sound cleverer in an argument.

Also, you failed to provide a proper counter-argument to his position. Not that you needed to, since he failed to present an actual argument in the first place, but I'm just pointing out you both shat walls of text at each other that meant fuck-all.

But at least we can agree that Jazz Jackrabbit is a great platformer. Enjoy.

Let's get keep the thread on the rails.I got myself the Wonderboy remake, Raiden Legacy and what has suggested. Also overlooked that Anarchanox is also for sale so I got that as well. I also advise against getting Tower 57 in the frame of the sale. Its alright so far. Lacks polishing though and discount is not that speical anyway. Get what's on recommendation chart instead with that money.

The entire last reply to him for the entire thread was all about how he failed as a orator due to autism. If you know how other people think in general, you can word what you think is true in a fashion that is engaging for everyone and thus spreading your points. The counter argument to his claims would boil down to the absurdity of the idea of the decision to give money to company A also enabling company B and C that shit up the entire industry with worst practive. Example would be how F2P games are mainly supported by whales. Didn't feel like wasting the effort on a misbehaving Holla Forumstard on the brink of an aneurism.

Jazz2online is still a thing? I think I'll get into mapping again and suggest Jazz 2 to >>>/radcorp/

FYI
The "License" thing companies opened up a hellhole that legalized "piracy" of old software.

This is my cart so far guys. Kind of want one more thing to get the free promo game, but I can't think of any.Is Deadly Premonition (2.49)and/or Fallout 2 (9.99) worth it?

don't buy thief, looking glass is dead and they won't get any money

Alright, changed out Thief and added a couple other things. Good now?

Get Commandos 1 & 2. The developer is still around and it's a great game.
gog.com/game/commandos_ammo_pack
gog.com/game/commandos_2_3

They're dirt-cheap with the current discounts and well worth playing. Commandos 3 is lackluster, but 2 is worth playing, so I'd just grab that bundle.

i hope you enjoy deadly premonition user. its a broken masterpiece.

Its simply more amusing with everything mirrored.

user pls

Some games are totally worth buying. For collector purposes only. Second hand. Otherwise pirate everything

Broken is right, it crashes around Chapter 3 and I can't even finish it
I feel like I'm missing out on something special

Holy shit, you have fucking top tier taste user.

I'm going to check out all the ones in this list I've not played (something like 30% of the list).

You are the worst buyfag I have seen.

that's because he's not a scalper like your sorry ass

I miss the game boxes from the 90s. I swear one of the reasons shit gets pirated so much these days is because games now get sold in shitty DVD boxes instead of the old-fashioned game boxes with proper manuals and everything. The physical copy just isn't worth anything these days.

Go fuck yourself.

Snatched up all the Commandos and Theme Park for 5 bucks

Haha my fellow redditor, here have an upvote!

This. I was close to buying it until that fact striked me. Why do companies like EA and Bethesda are still around while companies like Looking Glass and Sunsoft are dead?

I mostly play old games, and I agree gaming went to shit since 2007 (maybe way earlier), but there are still games worth buying today on sale

Actually bought them after I saw your post and checked that they work through WINE on Loonix. You're a good shill, user.

i always go to the second hand store and rescue as much pc vidya possible, they deserve a good home.

Died from a financial crisis from Eidos, their main publisher.
Technically not dead.

Might want to take off those glasses. Games haven't so much changed as much as there are like triple the amount of people making them. So as a result you are bound to get a lot more lackluster games because more people are treating it as a business and about the same amount of people are treating it as a passion and coming out with quality games.

That's why I said "maybe even earlier", as it's more a matter of personal preference (I'm sure /vr/troopers can come up with an earlier date). In 2007 the entire internet and "nerd culture" went to shit, though.

What source ports? I know there have been attempts in the past, but they all wound up dead eventually. Is there something new going on?

That said, the Underworld games still play pretty fine, and that's coming from someone who usually spergs out about interface in old PC games.

This. There is literally no difference between a bootleg and an original copy these days anymore. You just get half the game on a disc and that's it, no manual, nothing. Only the usual obligatory safety warning which publishers only print because they don't want to get the asses sued off. When looking for old games I go out of my way to find the original prints that come with the full manual and other goodies. Although, I hate it when you get a huge box and most of it is just empty space, that shit can stay in the past. I like how they did it for Civilization IV or Age of Wonders 2: the game disc is in a DVD case, the manual which is too large to fit inside is printed as a separate book and then both of them a put inside a cardboard sleeve. No room wasted and I still get my nice beefy manual.

The Gog version of Deadly Premonition is stupidly broken, because it never got any patches for some reason. Should have maybe bought it on steam

Added to the list

Good thing I haven't bought them yet, huh?

It does, equals to 2.1875 or 2 and 3/16th surprised they don't know that in middle school.

I see a slow recovery. Too bad that recovery is starting with a swath of clones parroting everything that was popular few years before 2006. Here are a few screenshots from Tower 57.

None of the posts I replied to in this thread really deserved any of the effort I put into my responses to them, I should have just went with my gut an not posted at all, this website is nothing like the the refreshing oasis of quality and meaningful content it was in 2014.

Thanks for finally confirming my suspicion that this website and its community or whats left of it, are no longer worthy of my quality posts any longer, you and other morons on this website are so fucking lazy that you cant ever counter or even acknowledge ANY of my points and must resort solely on attacking me or my style of arguing. You are either to retarded to understand what I am saying in my posts or you are to lazy to acknowledge and try and retort any of the things I am saying so you just label my posts autistic, this is not the anonymous image board culture I help found and refine and take part in for over a decade, but hey a lot of things change and all good things must come to an end at some point. You didnt really express any points of value in your entire points and you spent the time projecting and spouting anti-intellectual memes such as "autism", "fedora" and "euphoric". It just goes to show how sad of a state this website is in. Then you claim that I dont know or take into account theroy of mind in an attempt to further reinforce you false point that I am autistic (not that it would matter if I was, cause it would not, your opponent being autistic or allegedly being autistic is not an argument point, if you cant disprove the words of an autistic person they you are inferior in argument skill to that person) and then you accuse me of being mad again a false, incorrect point (which again not that it would matter if I was, cause it would not, your opponent being man or allegedly being mad is not an argument point). Then you attempt to equate me to some lolcow eceleb with no correlation what so ever in an attempt to create parallels between me and something that is universally disliked classic grasping at straws when you already lost the argument. Again bringing in unrelated things to create more illogical parallels in another attempt to attack my character by association. I never said that it makes anything appear but purchasing video games in the current state the the games industry is in only reinforces cancerous behavior. I didn't know I needed to specify that buying thing is the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to voting with your wallet and buying things is equivalent to support to devs publishers and software platform, there fore reinforcing any of the negative behaviors that any of those entities partake in. You would be legally accountable if you were giving money to an organization that did illegal things why should the same logic not be applied to organizations that are doing negative things, why should I not hold you morally and ethically accountable for your contributions to morally and ethically bankrupt entities? Anti market is exactly what the games industry needs right now and preferably ever. I am not attempting to lead board consensus in fact many of if not all are already agreed upon "board consensus" whatever that means on a website where everyone is already constantly arguing and fighting. I disagree with your invocation of ad absurdum but I can see where you were confused. So what you are saying is that I am in fact right that your id changed and you are still some how managing to in the same breath call me paranoid, how lacking in self awareness are you exactly? Since you say it with so much certainty how exactly am I supposed to know you posted from your job you imbecile? Where as in the environment it makes sense to assume malicious intent. Get a grip buddy. Get the fuck over your self. You are a joke.

Also nice screenshot, I like how you are using it to paint my post as some how negative, I appreciate it I mean its redundant seeing as how I already archived the thread before you even replied to my post but thanks I guess, I mean I couldn't let your embarrassment of your self and your entire side of the argument go unsaved after all.

I never claimed to be or set out to accomplish being an orator. I am very familiar with theory of mind but as the user you replied to said it actually has no purpose in this situation and you are just spouting pseudo intellectual babble. Again I an not attempting to be engaging to you or anyone else, I am simply making my point and if you refuse to believe it thats your prerogative. Games industry companies observe each others behavior and use that info to see what kind of things they can get away with, which would make that example you made in your post a perfect and legitimate example of exactly what I was saying, how rich.

Anyway I think you have done enough embarrassing of your self for this thread, so I dont know, maybe dont reply, for your own sake? I dont really care what you have to say at this point to be frank. I think this argument has run its course and you have showed you dont have what it takes, intellectually, to keep up, or you know argue at all what so ever, and you know the part where you have been embarrassing your self the whole time. Yeah, so, good bye, and good luck.

Its like pottery.
Anyway assuming you are not him which is a big if (and a waste of time seeing as how you started off with an unrelated non argument), its generous of me to even reply with a valid point an not just insult you and be done whit it, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I am not a Holla Forumsack not that that would be an argument if it was. I disagree that nothing I said was smart, but I see you are going for another one for those "call me autistic cause you are too lazy to argue" things so I wont drag it out too long, the shit you said to me was not on the level of the stuff I said so I guess them makes you less smart then me, I'll let you sit with then now you little smart ass prick. I made my points, if you are going to argue with them put effort into arguing them not :that: shit please. I can see why you might think that, I disagree that it was all window dressing but I was going off the assumption that the people who was reading my post would have the ability to understand basic concepts about a topic they talk about and you know not be so legitimately autistic that they have to swap ids to give the allusion that they hold the community consensus listen here you pompous fucking little cuckold, assuming you are not that id faggot which is quite a stretch based on evidence you dont get to prance in here and decide that I have to answer to you, but because you made the win conditions so easy that, I will humor your just to meet those conditions and win that argument that you act entitled to being a part of. I will do you the honors of spelling it out simply clearly and slowly, cause of your mental deficient, because I agree often times, in fact the majority of the times, the "spoonfeeding/its obvious" defense is a crutch for lazy people who dont want to make a point, so here; bad publishers = bad devs = bad games = bad business practices, so financial/ethical/moral support + bad publishers = bad devs = bad games = bad buisness practices = reinforcement and support of all that shit.

Thanks for playing, better luck next time gamer. Now go hop on another proxy, tor node or vpn up and see if you can bait me into continuing to put up with your drivel and replying, you scumbag.

I agree on the theory of mind thing as it was only included to make me appear autistic despite not even fitting the criteria of how you properly use that term. Even though I did in fact apply theory of mind, and critical theory to all the posts I have replied to in this thread and every post I have ever replied to on imageboards. Lack of social skill is an irrelevant false hood that was only brought up to attempt to paint me as autistic despite that being false and having no bearing on my argument at all. I agree he sounds like he took an entry level psychology class and is trying to incorporate his basic level of understanding to things where its not related but, uh, kinda so are you. I honestly think I made an argument that stands on its own enough but your are entitled to your opinion, I do agree that no counter argument was made which is my whole point.

Its ironic shit posting to make the point of how cancerous his opinion is. I mean fucking christ I even put it in quotation marks AND italics. Lurk more you fucking mongoloid.

Read my other posts if you want an argument I am not going to start with you.

Your posts aren't quality, dumbass. Props for trying I guess, but they're actually not intelligent text. Your posts aren't down there with the total retards, but your IQ is clearly merely average to slightly above average at best and you convinced yourself you were some kind of unsung genius by pontificating with zealous length on matters beneath the reader's concern. I'm certain you regularly induce eye-rolling from your supposed intellectual inferiors, even though in reality they understood what you were saying and realized you were just wasting their time with long-winded, low-information drivel coupled with a smug attitude to boot. If you were to stop "quality posting" as you call it, the board would actually be better off.

Wow you are a fucking moron. So many unsubstantiated assumptions spread out over so much text with such a load of self-absorbed smugness.

1. I'm not whoever else you think I am. I have only torposted in this thread. This might bruise your ego, but not everyone who disapproves of your autism is a samefag in disguise. I am in fact the same person in both posts you replied to and the only person who torposted in this thread so far.
2. You "disagree that nothing you said was smart." Hahahahahaha nigger what. You think you get to rubber stamp your own intellect with a seal of approval? That's not how it works. If you wanted to prove your post was intelligent you'd've done better to point out the structure of logic in your posts. Also, don't whine about being called autistic when you act autistic.
3. This isn't one of those "I'm too lazy to argue" things. I appreciate a good argument. I was a debater back in the day. The trouble is: You're not putting forth a good argument. Seriously, go do debate in a technical format (CEDA/NPTE) and come back after you learned how to formulate a proper argument. I feel like you need to learn the hard way what a proper argument looks like.
That's a variation on "hur dur it's obvious." I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. You just tried to dress it up.
5. You asserted a categorical position that if someone purchases any software they are complicit in supporting the sickness of the videogaming industry. Remember this incredible gem of stupidity?
>Cause you support any video game at all, ITS YOUR FAULT, EVERYTHING YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT IS ON YOU AND AND YOUR CONSCIENCE, YOU NO LONGER HAVE ANY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY OF THE THINGS YOU FINANCE, AS IF YOU ARE NOT DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE. CAUSE YOU ARE
You were actually arguing a moral position that one is complicit in all the faults of the industry unless one purchases nothing at all. The context of this being a GOG thread where people habitually purchase older, better games makes your claims even more absurd. It'd be one thing if you said something like "Don't buy westwood shit, the studio is dead and your money will just be supporting the EA parasites that killed it" but you went above and beyond that and argued that if someone were to buy some 20 year old game he likes he is apparently morally responsible for shit like microtransactions in paid games. You still need to prove that internal link to your logic where somehow purchasing any game makes you complicit in any and all faults modern games possess, which you have failed to do, and which you will continue to fail to do because the position is ridiculously idiotic.
6. No, you did not employ theory of mind and your application of critical theory is amateur at best. Being convinced you know what the other person is thinking is not the same thing as actually understanding their thoughts and perspective, especially when you routinely make large mistakes in your purported comprehension. A proper theory of mind appears to be beyond you. As for critical theory, an interpretation is not equivalent to an analysis, save in the minds of novices.

Fuck, why is every game I want to buy steam only?
BeamNG isn't, but it's still 65 bucks because exchange rate.

Wow your taste in gaems are so obscure and acquired. You must be special and unique.

Since when were any of those games obscure? Tomato is normalfag tier in popularity, Nioh is the new souls game everyone is shilling and Ookami was really popular when it came out. The only that's somewhat "obscure" of those is BeamNG, and that's because it's a early access physics engine for austists.

Not sure if all of those are on sale, I just looked at my library.

came here to say "get commandos", glad I was beaten to it.
Freedom Force is a buck fifty and that's pretty good, too, but everybody should play Commandos. Those games are hard-ass puzzle games in stealth game clothing.

Got it.

Good taste, except for the part where you gave money to a bunch of developers who don't deserve it and you should've just pirated most of those games because of that.

Descent is back on GoG
gog.com/news/welcome_back_descent_series
archive.is/d9voy

Except for steam games because you should give valve money.

It's called survival of the fittest, if the original companies were too shit to still be around then the ones that picked up their slack deserve the money instead.

Fuck off GOGshill, you should only be buying games from steam.

fuck off steamshill, you should only buy your games from Origin

Hm, considering buying Settlers 2 (the original), since that was a classic. Are there any other Settlers games worth grabbing? I haven't really kept up with the series.

You're on the wrong Holla Forums mate. Go back to cuckchan.

sorry torpedofag but we love steam in here

^
bored /jp/sie or intl.