Plants vs Zombies Creator Fired by EA for Refusing Pay-to-Win System

Plants vs Zombies Creator Fired by EA for Refusing Pay-to-Win System
EA is going rogue

archive.is/zCcq7
archive.is/zCcq7
archive.is/zCcq7
archive.is/zCcq7

Publisher is pissed as fuck!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3hoThry5WsY
youtu.be/8n0J2c1aYpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every bad thing I hear about EA makes my day every day. I hope they die by the end of next year.

I didn't know that garbage game had based developers.

I thought they all died out and became myths?

Who edits this shit?

It reminds me that angry birds situation.

Pre-acquisition Popcap were some of the better guys in recent years. They were just unlucky to have gotten big in a time where everyone was doing the same shit they were making them look like copycat Jews.

Also i am amazed that a developer can get fired for disagreeing with the publisher.

jew gets fired by jewest jew for not becoming a jewer jew

You know the firing happened in 2012, right?

Has EA officially gone insane?
BF2 is shaping up to be a flop, they're in the middle of a PR disaster and their next move is to fire somebody for refusing anti-consumer features?

OP pulled some clickbait bullshit with EA is going rogue as if this firing is new, and you're an illiterate faggot.

To be fair, the article itself also did that. I assume OP posted it before reading it first just like I did

Here I'll post an image since you don't know how to read.

Re-read the OP, then read my response, then neck yourself.

The guy was fired years ago, the story of WHY is just now breaking. It's fantastic timing, even if it's not the perfect shitstorm wants it to be, because now we have that much more fuel for the fire of "EA is a soulless company that doesn't give a damn about their consumers."

Plant vs Zombies was alright for a casual game.
Why is it that casual publishers cannot just focus on making simple but fun games and instead always do the most scummy stuff imaginable?

Something something south park something something

Because they're more interested in getting buddybuddy with Hollywood types and get invited to those sodomite cannibalism parties. Being an honest businessman won't do that for you.

But both PvZ2 and PvZ Heroes are pay2win. They are not the worst offender of pay2win but they are still pay2win.

Why do you think they fired the guy that didn't want p2w to shit up his game?

This is every single profitable business in existence. Examine any product you own or consume, and you'll find equally scummy practices if you look deep enough, and at the end of the day, nobody really cares. The only upheaval the industry is going through is money moving away from AAA singleplayer experiences with tacked on multiplayer modes, into p2w "games", mobile or otherwise, and the multiplayer market being dominated by a handful of titles that have completely saturated the market.

Pirate all of your media, and just be done with it.

Adding fuel to the fire already? They couldn't wait for the Star Wars shit to blow over?

No wonder why PvZ2 is a mobile only game with pay2win. PvZ Heroes have some good ideas for a CCG (it is not a 100% Hearthstone clone) But it is too grindy/pay2win. How bad was the grind or pay2win in Garden Warfare 1 and 2?

You know, with all this talk about P2W and shit, has there ever been a situation where hacking groups managed to destroy the living shit out of the companies involved in the scams by letting players own a shitload of fake currency for free? I recall there being a group of TF2 autists doing just that with an exploit in the drop server, but that got shut down pretty quickly.

what else is new? It's not like he was a heroic rebel fighting the system

Strange how I never heard anything about that movie again even though it had strong symbolism regarding "refugees".

Someone tried it with Kancolle I think and ended up in either in jail or court. Can't really remember the details.

You fags are fucking embarrassing sometimes.

Too bad they had to change the Michael Jackson zombie to a disco one because of pressure by the Michael Jackson estate. It was maybe a year or two after his death so I guess I get the sentiment but parody should be covered under fair use. If they used an actual sample of his music I could understand but he was one of the better looking zombies than just Disco Stu zombie.

Ed McMillen only spilled the beans after Fan told him recently. Guys been gone from his creation for years. It was the timing of the pay-to-win controversy that he decided to tell the story. Also good to promote his new game Octogeddon.

Why do you make it sound like this was a recent event? It was only revealed now. The firing happened ages ago.

I'd used to say that people with the ability to think and comprehend went to Holla Forums, but the state of that board has gone down pretty dramatically too. I think the truth of it is just that the best of chans have grown out of it, and are now using their skills in the real world to make the events that the internet can later claim they were responsible for.

No, more like past posters in Holla Forums have been time and time again shown that they can't spend all their time in Holla Forums any longer. A lot of the older posters now main Holla Forums. I can't speak for them but I'll probably come back to Holla Forums in larger capacity once the world isn't such a bad place for vidya.

it will get you less profit, so it's not a better idea

I hope that someday Gamergate will be remembered as the event that pushed a politically apathetic people into the Right Wing Meme Squads that helped Trump get elected

yes?

Remember this game? yeah, me either, released last year on February and it's fucking dead, guess they needed to recoup money from putting this game as a Xbone exclusive, and too bad the guy didn't want a repeat with PvZ2's bullshit microtransactions that practically killed the franchise.

If that was the case, EA wouldn't have to shut down so many studios every time they're hurting (though they sometimes do it just to get an IP). Keeping around a ton of good devs allows you to maintain a good customer relationship and allows you to make more IPs to milk in the future.

However, thanks to microtransactions, the sale of games don't matter as much because milking one whale makes up for a hundred buyers. And these whales care about being the best, not whether the game is good. You don't need good devs to make mediocre games.

I don't understand why EA politics is to turn every game into shooter like battlefield. Wasn't original PvZ was tower defense?

A dev with a spine? Holy shit.

Son, they turned Battlefield into Cowadoody. The last two Battlefield games were 2, and 2142, and they were two sides of the same coin.

That doesn't matter either because you can falsify all microtransation data to foot investors.

Klote jood.

And now we can't play either anymore because EA CnD'd Revive

This. No excuses required. So long as publishers are courting whales they won't miss me, you or the first hundred-ish people they drive away that actually give a shit about any of this. But that point is made assuming they lose money due to piracy, which they don't.

is he {{{ourguy}}}?

That gets executives thrown in prison fam.
That's fraud.

nice cuck logic cuck

Maybe you should have actually read the article.

So, how long until Zampella and West are fired from EA's Respawn Studios?

I dont know but your quads are to be admired.

How poorly animated those crossed arms are angers me.

Normalfags didn't mind it and calling attention to it would just make people think of the situation in the movies and its themes more.

It's not like devs have unions to ensure they don't get fucked over.

They've only fixed the animation in the scenes that were shown during the controversy. To this day the game is still a buggy mess and will never be fixed.

wew

dont buy EA games, period.

Good. Mass effect ended at 2.

Whatever his name is he's going to video game heaven.
Another one: The president of facebook's latin american division went to jail in Brazil for refusing to give the personal data of latin american facebook users to the brazillian government.

…What?

So it's second hand and the guy supposedly screwed this hard didn't say anything? Despite not signing whatever? Why?

Yeah, obviously not a bullshit move to help the poor indie developer oppressed by the man. Anyone remember related?

Nah, Mass Effect was always shit, and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

Disregard the flag.

Plants VS Zombies 1 was actually a really fun game, pumped a lot of hours into it.

i like to kick EA as much as the next guy, but we are getting second hand info on this.

i think it went down more like EA going-
"hey your going to make plants vs zombies 2"
"alright sure"
"it has to be pay to win"
"i don't really want to do that"
"okay then, we're going to do it anyway if you don't want to work on it theres the door"
"arlight bye"

and what we got is sensationalised hearsay

I can't help but view this as just a calculated way for them to get out from under EA's thumb while simultaneously generating maximum good will for some future project/kickstarter - and/or - he was already in talks with another development studio who would "give him shelter" for PR points they can use to market their games.

Nothing ever happens in this industry from the goodness of anybody's heart.

Implying this isn't the case already?

Maybe you should suck start a shotgun you dumb nigger, because OP clearly didn't fucking read it before posting it as if it was something EA just did.

Holy shit, EA is at it again with their shekel grabbing.

Garden Warfare 1 and 2 was pretty much just cosmetic shit you get from card packs that you get with almost no work. Plus all added content was free. Bet if a 3 came out it would be complete cancer though.

It still had a tower defense mode along with the battlefield like shooter portion.

I just listened to that round-table with edmund. Came here to post it up lol

it blew up because super meat boy dev just talked about it. open secrets

GW2 was grinding for loot boxes for a chance at getting a piece of a character class. It also has microtransactions. Of course it has microtransactions.

post yfw

but Plant vs zombies is fun, user-kun.

I'm pretty sure plant vs zombies 2 already had p2w elements, at least the phone port. dunno if there's even a plant vs. zombies 2 on PC, but I saw my cousin playing one on his phone and that shit had stuff you had to pay not only to unlock but to also use in-game, or this is something that happened before that?

Unless you're just fucking with me and being ironic, I absolutely pity you for not having real fun and assume you never truly lived as a human being

The first one was pretty fun for how simple it was even though it gets more and more annoying as you go on, but I guess that's part of the fun. The game is never unfair in that aspect.

I feel like EA will never die. Casuals will keep buying their games as they always have. Commentary 5 years ago still applies today.

Edmund is one of the most based indie devs I've known

It's one of those games that makes you think they could do something cool with it and then EA happens. What a shame.

Ok here's your (you) and a reaction pic newfag

I liked PVZ and was using it a lot on the phone, the first had some microtransition but you could still grind your way through. The second you had energy to play level, plants locked on paywall and you either spent 3€ on consumable or you grind for a month most likely this dev is like all the whores in Hollywood and claiming retroactive rape after getting the deal of becoming famous

I thought so, which is why I was wondering if he was fired before or after all that, considering how full to the brim of microtransactions PvZ2 was.

delet this

Did anyone read the whole story? The firing was back in 2012 but they just barely found out the REASON he was fired two days ago.

requesting source

Im sorry you feel like that.

First webm: youtu.be/3hoThry5WsY
Second webm: youtu.be/8n0J2c1aYpQ

Outstanding, user.