Help me decide what game to play next, Holla Forums. Green check marks are the ones I've completed...

Help me decide what game to play next, Holla Forums. Green check marks are the ones I've completed. What are the games I should be embarrassed for not having played yet? I'm thinking Deus Ex and Thief are up there.

pls no bully for not having a checkmark on Doom, I've played plenty of bits and pieces over the years, just never sat down and played through the whole thing. Installing it right now to remedy that

so dubs decides?

Gothic 1-3 or Xenoblade. In case of Gothic grab the community patches or whatever they're called or it won't run on newer systems.

What the fuck who made that list
Play Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg if you're into 3d platformers that much.

Im on a similar situation

Crossed means I have finished it, one line just means I have to finish it or that it cant be finished in the normal sense of the word

M&B warband
STALKER
Shut up and Jam Gaiden
Fallout 1
also does anybody have a clean version of OP's pic?

the Ace Combat trilogy and Silent Hill 2 and 3, also this needs to be updated with Mario Odyssey

Anyone have the latest list without the checkmarks?

You need to delete that chart first.

Should I jump straight to Xenoblade or should I work my way through the other series first? I've got copies of Xenogears and Xenosaga 1 that I could dive into.

Don't know if this is the absolute most recent version, but it's the one I'm using

i don't see katamari damacy on there anywhere
go play that then the first sequel next

Play Xenogears; I'd say avoid Xenosaga if you hate long cutscenes and the fact the Xenosaga trilogy got truncated to 3 games from its originally planned six.

It's under Sandbox, and I have. Haven't played We

Yeah, it's the most recent. Galaxy should be replaced with Odyssey though

As a rule of thumb nothing should be added to a chart or long-term list until at least a year has passed from its release. That way you avoid potential FotM sneaking in and give time for anons to actually think objectively about a game.

You're missing pretty much every major FPS.
For both ensure you read the pcgamingwiki page first. Deus Ex needs Deus Exe and the renderer it links only these two, not any of the other mods and Thief needs the fanpatch. Ensure you play Thief on the highest difficulty or failing that the second highest, it makes a pretty major difference.

This

Oh and this is actually 1 day out of date but there's a new version in the works as I speak, once it's up in 10 minutes or so anons can feel free to begin the standard complaining.

Vicky 2 is fun but honestly I wouldn't call it a must play of the GSG genre. Total War doesn't sit neatly anywhere else.
I'm just working with what I inherited from the original chart way back, feel free to make suggestions for it. Probably a Tony Hawk's game needs to go and a Football Manger game needs in.

Wiped out the shit I've played, can't play or refuse to play, it's looking pretty sparse now.

Which ones do you refuse to play?

Perfect Dark
Shinobi
Prince of Persia
Luigi's Mansion
Deus Ex
San Andreas
DOOM YOU NIGGER HOLY SHIT
Quake
Hitman Blood Money
Thief II
Ninja Gaiden Black
Silent Hill 2
Ace Combat Trilogy
F-Zero GX
Metal Slug 3

The whole list is more or less pretty good so whatever you want honestly. Why the fuck do you need someone's input on this simple question? Play what speaks to you, god damn. Take some initiative.

You should try Project Eden user, it's a quite seriously underrated game.

I'd also be interested in this.

It can be difficult to know what to play. That said OP should really have given a bit of guidance as to what genres he was feeling like playing.

Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles
Viewtiful Joe
Ninja Gaiden Black
both No More Heroes'
Bayonetta 2
Vanquish
DMC 3 & 4 SE
God Hand

Stuff that I've played the original of or a sequel that I found horribly dull (I know that's not a great metric but I've been burned many times), weebshit and titles that held no interest upon looking them up. All the console stuff is gone because I've either already played them or never owned/will never own the box in question and can't be fucked emulating.

If you want a title by title answer I am far too lazy to provide such right now.

Cheers

You should indeed be careful, for example anyone playing a later Thief or Splinter Cell game could be turned off the great early ones. Similarly if you played the somewhat clunky and dated early Hitman games (really, I like them but they have some fairly major issues) you'd miss out on Contracts and Blood Money.

Never really liked Splinter Cell and I've played everything Hitman up to Absolution which I found far too easy and handholdy, so no worries there.

Notes:
HL2 is a bad fps by any measure (shit gunplay, excessive cutscenes, excessively long puzzle/vehicle sections, a complete lack of difficulty in combat and so on), judged instead as an action-adventure it's pretty fucking good. It really belongs over in that section.
Historically important and a solid game with no real flaws but nostalgia aside MM does it better, it's the same situation as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I expect a fair bit of bitching on this but whatever.
A fine game but really not a must play, edgy Hulk Prototype is a better candidate.
There's a slot in Action-Adventure and it's a solid game.
There was a slot in FPS and it's better (or at least more polished) than the original Necrovision. I moved some games around so it sits near Painkiller since they always felt vaguely similar to me for whatever reason.
Honestly not that great, added Penumbra: Overture instead. If you haven't played it it's from the same devs as Amnesia but it has actual fucking gameplay.
I love the game but Earned in Blood, the sequel/expandalone, made significant improvements to gameplay: specifically the AI will now react to being flanked and is generally a bit more aggressive.
A fighting game autist explained this to me in some depth a while ago and while it all went a bit over my head I've been meaning to change it.
Something had to go to make room, GoW1's superior writing as much as that even matters in the genre tips the balance in favour of keeping it. Ghost Rider was out of place anyway.
Note that this section is for actual Roguelikes, not 'roguelites' which anyway isn't even a fucking genre. DoomRL (with original uncucked logo) gets a fair bit of love on Holla Forums and is a Roguelike stripped down to fundamental elements without losing depth. Elona+ is also well liked and makes good use of a more open setting. Unreal World is Uralic innawoods autism. I didn't add Nethack, a more traditional choice, because it's a prime example of the shitty genre convention of simply throwing stuff into the game with no cohesion until it's bloated with one-use content and then adding even more stuff. If anons disagree I could swap out URW for it. Two Character Action games were removed so strictly speaking adding three Rougelikes breaches the 'don't add more games' rule but I think it's justifiable in this case.

Potential future changes (feedback needed):
Cryostasis could fit in here but something would have to go, perhaps a Fatal Frame game. Also I'm not sure if it's actually an essential or I just personally like it a lot.
Probably the weakest of the three Souls games on here, could be cut if a better candidate shows up.
Could be cut for C&C Generals.
Could be cut, I had a game in mind to replace it but I forgot what it was.
Could split off 3D fighting into its own genre but I don't think that's necessary.
Personally I'd cut it but anons seem to like it.
Is this the best game in the series? It's the only one I've played personally and I didn't put a lot of time into it.
Is the new one better? I haven't gotten around to it but it seems not to have gotten much in the way of praise.
Not sure both are needed, one could be cut and replaced with another puzzle game (perhaps The Talos Principle?).
One of the Tony Hawk's games should probably be cut, maybe a Football Manager game stuck in or something else instead.

All's good then. I hope you've at least heard Chaos Theory's OST though.

We need to fit Bionic Commando (Original or Rearmed) somewhere in 2D Platforming. Remove one of the Rayman games for it? Can we switch Mad World with Ninja Gaiden Black?

It is; do it immediately. Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur are not the same as playing Guilty Gear or Samurai Shodown
Remove it, it was always overrated, and generally seen as when Molyneux began to be revealed as a habitual snakeoil salesman.

you're a fucking hero

Fuck, I forgot about Bionic Commando. Which Rayman should be cut though?
Sure, assuming nobody else thinks that's a bad idea.

It'll take a while to mess with formatting but I can try.
Yeh, probably for the best.

If only everyone would understand such basic concepts.

I'm thinking we should cut Weaponlord for a 3D fighting game, but I can't think of a 5th 3D fighting game for my life

I'll just go with four of them for now.
Still need a Rayman game to cut.

Have this for now, until someone comes up with a good suggestion of which 2D platformer to cut I'm unable to fit Bionic Commando Rearmed in.

Is Crash Bash actually good? Seems weird to have a party games section with neither Fortune Street or Dokapon Kingdom.

Never mind, apparently Legends has a lot of Origins levels but redone. I suppose Origins can go then.

Crash Bash is great, largely because it isn't effectively RNG based like most party games looking at you Mario Party. The single player is also solid though it does get a bit silly towards the end.
I don't really know enough about either of those two to comment but I could probably fit one of them in. The question is how much they side with RNG over skill, Fortune Street looks like the better of the two in that respect.

I can't decide.

plz stop

Also I'll be away for a few hours if anons want to weigh in on what to stick in party games. If there's no conclusion by the time I'm back I'll probably stick in weebopoly Fortune Street.

For 3D fighting

Nigger do you even play games?

do your self a favor man

Nice shit taste brah.

That's about what I expected

Play Thief 1&2 you faggot.

pic unrelated

true enough, can we replace bloodborne with Nioh in a few months then? It really is best souls

Probably a good candidate, might replace the Finnish shitposting Roguelike.
I'll admit to not having played it, does it do anything that later Roguelikes haven't done better?

Seems doable.

With fanpatches.

Interesting game, more ambitious than either the tech of the time or the budget/talent of the devs was able to support. Playing as Wild West Dukat was fun.
Improved the shooting a bit but has all the downsides of a coop game without actually having coop gameplay (it seriously feels like they cut it as an option fairly late into development).

Will stick one in in a bit.

Remember that Thomas Biskup is a faggot that won't release the source code.

Why though?

There's a game called Rogue that would fit nicely in there

well, I feel that rogue should be on the list mostly because it originated the genre. Based on my experience of playing rogueclone V it kind of feels like brogue, except with simpler level generator, less variation between weapons and has experience points. I was actually surprised that it felt closer to brogue than nethack, at least to me. In case it has any relevance, I feel like rogue is still fun game to play

no ones perfect user-kun

iirc, something about wanting to keep some sort of creative control over the setting is one of the reasons. I remember him saying that he doesn't want his game to be same kind of kitchen sink that nethack is. Also, apparently people demanded him to release source code and he didn't like that, so he decided that adom's source code will never be released, or something.

I've been avoiding adding things just out of historical importance a chart for games that are historically important would also be interesting actually, perhaps another project, that's why things like Wolfenstein 3D are missing: other games just do it better.
Wouldn't Brogue be a better choice then? Again, consider gameplay rather than just influence on the genre.
I honestly think nethack is too much kitchen-sink design, that's why I didn't put in on the chart.

Well I'm sympathetic to that view but nothing stops him maintaining that his is the only 'official' version.
This just seems petty.

That is release the source code with a disclaimer that his version is the only one he endorses. Couldn't you even easily modify an existing FOSS license to require the words 'unofficial' to be included somewhere?

well, gameplay-wise, I'd say brogue is good choice. I like the level generator, different kinds of weapons have different kinds of attacks(stuff like spears hitting two enemies in a row and axes hitting every adjacent enemy as an example) different enemies require different tactics. I know this isn't that good description, but the way I would describe brogue is well designed. Like someone actually put thought about how different parts of game work and interact.One fun crowd control tactic I use is to throw a potion of paralysis to a group of enemies and then light the gas on fire with staff of firebolt for example, and then watch as the monsters are burned alive, unable to flee One thing about brogue that seems rare in roguelikes is that brogue lacks character levels and experience points completely and only way to get more powerful is through equipment and other items.

Gotta admit, I'm not that familiar with this license stuffeven tho' I probably should, in case I ever get my game to releaseable state. But what you suggested would seem sensible to me too.

Will stick another 3D fighter in once I can pick one from

It probably fits well with the more stripped-back focus. Less is more and all that.
Holla Forums would probably be as good a place as any to ask if you ever do get around to it.

Stick with GPL v3 it'll keep your code free as freedom, and you can claim copyright on assets like art, music, title etc.

Why the fuck are you basing what games you play on some reddit tier chart that a random idiot made on the internet who doesn't have the same taste in games as you?

Given that he's going through every genre and picking only the technical bests, he doesn't know what he likes and has no idea what to ask for nor what to seek out. Notice how many 2d 3d platformers he's got through and how comparatively few Racing or Simulation games he's got ticked off. He's a newfag, but at least he's trying to learn and doesn't presume he knows it all already.

Honestly this should be required by law ~20 years after the game is released. The assets are still a viable commercial product and frankly most 20 year old games only run acceptably with fan patches anyway.

Rate me

I don't think sequels should be allowed on these Essentials lists. It goes without saying (hopefully) that people who play a game will naturally try to play the others in the series.
I'd like to propose that we replace individual games with their respective series to save on space, with the image used to represent the series being the one that makes for the most defining game or best starting point for the series.
Spinoffs in different genres can represent those genres but we shouldn't have something like 3 Silent Hill games clogging up the horror section (even though all three are unarguably essential horror games).

I know visual novels aren't exactly Holla Forums territory but that section needs to be seriously reworked or outright replaced. Katawa Shoujo and Unteralterbach I can understand because they're meme games (in the sense that they have significance in relation to imageboard culture) but Fate/Stay Night seems like it was just thrown on there because it's kinda-sorta popular and has other games. Could replace it with OMGWTFOTL which is pretty much the oldfag VN (the [X] GENUFLECT game).

There's a couple that are not on this list that I would add:
MK9
Split/Second
Shadows of the Damned
Also, THPS2 over THPS3.
And go play Baynetta already, you fucking nigger!
(checked)
You, uh, forgot to tell him what to play.

Risk of rain sucks by the way.

fag

I've been trying to follow this rule with two major exceptions:
1. If the sequels represent a major shift in gameplay or possibly even genre (e.g. HL1 vs HL2, C&C95/RA2 vs Generals, RE vs RE4). This also goes for spin-offs but you covered that already.
2. If the games are impossible to pick between, particularly if they're also at the peak of their genre (Thief 1 vs Thief 2, C&C 1 vs RA2, Ace Combat series).
This should probably be done with certain series. As you say a Silent Hill game could be dropped and probably one Ace Combat game too. I also don't think we need SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy in 3D platformers, personally I'd vote for dropping SM64 since it's another case of nostalgia/historical importance more than perfection of gameplay. Perhaps a softer rule of 'no more than two games without significant gameplay or genre changes' would allow for more variety while also not penalising great games for existing as part of an already top-tier series.

The 'official' ruling on that from a certain cake-eating jew is that they are Holla Forums-related, I don't put too much stock in what he goes with but there is a significant amount of interest in them so I think the category should exist in some limited form.
Give me coverart and I'll fix it.

I can add things but you'll have to suggest a game to cut.

Not a game I've played I must admit. I believe it was on the original chart before I edited it.

Console/10.

Have the original chart by the way. And no, we're not putting HM2 back on.

The Thousand Year Door. Play that.

The original Ratchet and Clank should be on there, either as 3D platformer or I guess action/adventure. Put on Link's Awakening for a 2D Zelda. Sly 2 does deserve to be on the chart but it isn't a stealth game.

Having played neither of these in my childhood and just tried to play both of them MM is filled with tedious bullshit that while I admit gives the game a more sense of depth to it's story and some mechanics leads to incredibly amounts of bullshit that is simply infuriating at times. OoT is far better as good example of a game that while not being as complex route wise has plenty of options to find extras and side content with the more linear main route being it's worst distraction.

It's a doujin freeware game so the only real "cover art" is the title screen.

Should probably replace one of the existing Ratchet and Clank games, you'll have to nominate one.
Yeh, it's either that or stick A Link to the Past back on. Frankly 2D Zelda > 3D Zelda. I assume there are no objections to the GBC version being the one I go with.
It's really just there because of limited room elsewhere.

I played both for the first time ~3 years ago and frankly neither was particularly impressive. MM at least did something different, OoT was just uninteresting. I suppose Link's Awakening could replace both.

Will add.

Fate/Stay Night is there because it is not the most amazing Visual Novel it's the best entry level one that exists. It being essential more to give you an idea whether or not you want to bother with the genre at all.

Need more details before some changes can be made:
Pick which of the two already on here to swap out for it.

Is there a better candidate for top-tier VN?

Will need suggestions of what to swap out for these.

Fags could pick a Silent Hill, an Ace Combat and a 3D Mario my vote is still with SM64 to drop (maybe also a 2D Mario but I suspect that would be more controversial).

Someone needs to pick one of these or another 3D fighter, preference for a series that is great but isn't already represented. If there are no good candidates it'd be better to leave a gap than insert filler.
I still think RDR could go if there's a better candidate.

Needs more time:

Probably good ideas but not until a year has passed since release, as said above this gives time for anons to be more objective about things.

I should tick some shit off this myself so every knows where my own gaps in knowledge lie, that way you can more accurately call me a faggot for some of this.

Kingdom Hearts should come out long before Bloodborne is considered.

Any other VNs then Fate/Stay Night usually get a lot more fluffy and sex focused or niche. Fate/Stay Night should be there because it's universally praised and while it does have sex scenes it's not 100% about them and shows an entry level understanding of VNs. In addition, fags on Holla Forums and /a/ to this day are still making threads and arguing about this bullshit on consistent basis. I'd put it at the same tier as the N64 Zelda games at establishing a starting point and understanding for the genre, but anything further then it is pretty obscure. The only other one I know everyone single jerks over is Saya no Uta but that's mostly Urobochi fangays, and the When they Cry series.

Proceed to bully, there are some pretty obvious gaps in my experience here.

The only thing I really know about KH is that it attracts autism of Sonic proportions but it could probably also go. The issue though is that the three Souls games take up just under 1/4 of the ARPG section all with broadly similar gameplay, one of them really has to go. To the best of my understanding the weakest (if you prefer least-strong) of the three is Bloodbourne.

So in non-VNfag terms, stick Fate/Stay Night on?

Correct, it is unironically good and it was popular for a good reason.
The OG Kingdom Hearts was one of the last things Squaresoft made before it died and became Nu-Square. The original one was before the writing went batshit insane and is mostly self-contained and coherent. It's combat while a bit dated is well made as well. It is a good game that should be on the list. The later entries should definitely be left off of it however.

Right, will mess with in a second.

Risk of rain is pretty great if you like that type of genre
it even has AGDG scroll past as a statue on the main menu sometimes

Play Jedi Outcast instead of Jedi Academy

The writing in the first one is still completely batshit and the game doesn't even get remotely enjoyable to play until halfway through. Just because the series only got worse from there that doesn't justify it being on the list at all.

Yeah nah the first one has a very likeable story and minimal amounts of autism with only 4 OC characters and mostly just FF and Disney. The main detraction from Kingdom Hearts at least story wise is when the OC hits hard in 2 and suddenly there are 19 Kingdom Hearts autism boxes running around and it only gets worse from there. The first was well written and from before Square went to shit. Not the most deep and amazing story mind you, but everything doesn't need to be edgy.

Still need answers to these

fixed

For real? Why?

Play Yakuza 0, Vanquish, or Tales of Symphonia next

Give me a cover and I can change it.

Should we cut either Killer Instinct or Mortal Kombat II for Super Street Fighter II Turbo/HD Remix? Soul Calibur II or Soul Calibur V? And should we cut Mario Kart 8 for Wipeout?

I'd need to hear more opinions on both. Replacing MK8 with Wipeout is good but possibly too controversial CTR is the best of the sub-genre anyway.

I'm gonna say replace Rearmed with the NES version. I played both at the recommendation of this thread, and the NES version was delightful, while Rearmed was clunky and an eyesore. I also didn't get very far in though, so if it justifies itself more later on, let me know. But from what I saw the original is far superior.

I've played both but neither for a particularly long time, it's not really my genre (I just went with the newer one since I've never heard otherwise). I'll wait and see if other anons have an opinion and if not will put the NES one on instead.

Here's my list. Give me suggestions for shit to play/rate my list.

Play an adventure game or a shmup

You're a pleb, get out of here.

I'd recommend Timeshift but you'll need to get past the first hour or two before it gets good. Also that's an old version of the chart.

that's a shame, because Jak 2&3 were really fucking good.

HOWEVER given the new list I'd say that

cave story is good. It won't blow your fucking mind like everyone suggested it would back in the day. But it's good.

if you wanna play a metroidvania I would suggest you just emulate some of the older games. Hollow knight was good, but not good enough to finish (for me)

PLAY KID ICARUS NOW! I fucking love that game I'd give it a 8-9/10. The writing is bretty gud, and the gameplay is good too. Just don't play it for more than an hour at a time or you hand will start to cramp.

Republic commando is a good 7/10. But I played it back when I was a console kiddie so maybe it's aged poorly.

Serious Sam is over-rated.

Arcanum is good if you can manage to get it to run for more than 30 minutes without crashing.

Torchlight 2 is a shitty diablo. I wouldn't recommend it.

all 3 of those games are fucking great and I would recommend them all. Dawn of war especially (Get soul storm and dark crusade, then go back and play the others if you liked em).

Heros of might and magic 3 is fantastic. I recently re-played it and it still holds up after all these years.

Star wars episode 1 racer was breddy gud

Mark of the Ninja has ok story solid gameplay and good puzzles, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. Play at your own risk.

Scribblenaughts is great. There's a reason there's like 5 sequels.

I'll add to this: 1 and Winter Assault have a storylined campaign, Dark Crusade and SS have a more open-ended map-based one.

im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there was a chart thread in this board a while ago; anyone got the full sized image of pic related? got it from google cache, couldnt find the full image anywhere else

I'll have a look.

here it is

Oh, never mind. That chart really needs to be remade, it's a bit of a mess.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

You want some sports suggestions? I'll give you some, goddamnit.
The original Super Mario Strikers
Inazuma Eleven (2 is the best but I don't want to make a billion entries since there's 6 mainline games)
Super Sidekicks 2
Windjammers
Power Spikes 2
Klonoa Beach Volleyball
Pigskin 621 A.D.
Eyeshield 21 Wii
Pro Evolution Soccer 6
whichever version of nu-pes uses the exports from the 4chancup I know haha cuckchan right but /icup/'s dead
Wii Sports
NES Ice Hockey
Disney Sports Soccer (I heard the skateboarding and football ones are tight as well)
FIFA 98
International Superstar Soccer Deluxe
Tecmo Bowl
Virtua Tennis
Street Hoop
Baseball Stars 2
Mario Superstar Baseball
RedCard 20-03
PES 2008 Wii
Catpain Tsubasa II (NES)
Football Manager 2010

Also, I want to mention something: unlike other genres, sports shoves like a million different subgenres and sport types into one broad category. If we're talking essentials, there's only about three titles everyone will enjoy and the rest of the list depends entirely on whether or not that person has a basic understanding of that particular sport.

Yeh, I guess pick the best from that list.

What the fuck

World in Conflict isn't casual, it's just not gookclick-tier shit like Wargame. It's a classic case of easy to learn, hard to master. Actually R.U.S.E. should probably be on there for similar reasons.
Cut it already anyway.
Shit taste.
Probably could swap Gettysburg out for it, now the question is 1 or 2.

You must have not played MechCommander at all if you have to ask that question

Top tier taste in that there section

I've heard of it, never gotten around to it. There's lots of good vidya and very little time user.

The original chart having EU:IV is a large part of the reason I decided to edit it in the first place.

Well don't waste your time with the second game is my advice.

When you play the first game, maybe you'll appreciate how I feel about Syndicate. MechCommander does character progression and economy way better, and the mission designs have a ton of variety and demand well-rounded squad loadout and tactics rather than just "use miniguns and aggro enemies to come to you".

The salvage-based economy in the game and persistent unit damage/loss means every mission has high stakes and you'll be pushed to play as expertly and efficiently as possible. The best equipment are only available as salvage from the enemy and you'll do your best to hang on to them. Sometimes you wouldn't want to advance a mission even though your guys made it out alive simply because too many rare weapons got destroyed on your mechs.

There's so much more to do in missions too. The fog of war mechanic encourages you to scout ahead, there are equipment to capture, sentry guns can be manipulated, mechs equipped with jump jets can fly over water or over walls, you can call in airstrikes, destroy bridges, etc.

HD remix is a respectless badly drawn turd, that's right out. SF2 itself is very historically significant and represents a unique (very merciless) gameplay style that hasn't really been done again but I think at a casual/singleplayer level SF3 does everything SF2 did better so I don't like the idea of cutting out another franchise for more SF representation too much.

I'll have to get onto it reasonably soon then. Any fanpatches or the like needed? Also give me a cover, I'll probably take Gettysburg out for it.

No fanpatches or fixes needed. Just get the ISO of the game from myabandonware. The installer seems to have issues on modern systems but you simply need to copy the contents of the ISO to your drive and run the game .exe to play, though you need to keep the ISO mounted. There's a rip version too but I don't know what's been left out with that.

Ah, was it released as freeware along with MW4?

It was released as freeware along with MC2 some years before MW4: Mercs was.

Go for No more heroes 2 it's really fucking good

rct2
day of the tentacle
diablo i/ii/lod
red alert 2
metal slug
kerbal space program
tony hawks pro skater/ tony hawks underground 1 and 2
katawa shoujo :^)

DOOD

Right, I'll add it in a second.

thoughts on Dawn of War 2?

you fucking people

I didn't like the genre shift but it's still playable, particularly in coop. Chaos Rising is the best of the three by dint of its storyline and the games in general paid a lot of attention to the fan-favourite characters of the last few games.
Last Stand is fun but the persistent unlocks are silly.

If you don't want autism about video games what the fuck are you doing on Holla Forums?

In other words have a shot at it, just don't go in expecting DoW1 again because 2 is more RTT than RTS. Avoid 3.