So, who do you think should get the license if the Mouse opts out...

So, who do you think should get the license if the Mouse opts out? Do you think they'll give it all to one company again or do away with exclusivity? Does anyone even fucking care at this point anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/he6Hr
holocausthandbooks.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As for who should get it, various developers to ensure that we get at least one game that isn't shit.

You think Disney is gonna be any better to the IP? Starwars is fucked.

Give it to the japs

nubattlefront 1 was a travesty too. personally i don't want anyone to get an exclusivity arrangement. the best star wars games came out when anyone with a decent pedigree and enough to afford licensing could make them

There was the first Battlefront they did, that fucked up though not as badly as Battlefront 2 did. And like fucking nothing else with it. Disney wanted to use Vidya as a marketing tool and EA royally fucked that up. The Mousejew would've benefited more by not letting EA cancelled all the upcoming games and just let everyone continue what they were doing before Lucas sold the IP.

I mean for a studio with EA's resources they should've had half a dozen games out by now by half a dozen different studios under their control/contract.

Of course not, Star Wars is fucked as a brand. But if the IP found its way into the hands of a halfway decent developer we might've gotten at least one or two decent games out of it.

Everyone knows (((Disney))) is just going to lock it to whoever throws the most money at them, but this would be best. Lose the exclusivity and just license it to various studios and maybe we'll get an interesting game or two. Doesn't matter in the end though, nu-star wars is garbage and that's all Disney will want anyone who gets it to focus on.

You wouldn't believe how easily big corporations fuck up what should possibly be possible to fuck up. That's what happens when you buy into the meritocracy meme.

My point is that Disney wasn't complaining when Battlefront 1 came out and made them money.

I have no idea about why EA is not pumping out games by the dozen. Maybe they have their own doubts about Disney's ability to keep Star Wars profitable what with all the rumors of the next three movies being complete disasters.

Considering Disney gave full creative control of the Star Wars IP to some dried up feminist cunt that had never actually created anything of her own it just goes to show Jewish nepotism at work.

I never did. Why should we care if EA, Disney, or Star Wars die? Just let them fuck everything up.

I just want them to make more Jedi Knight games taking advantage of all the new technology and software for the gameplay. Oh and get someone competent to make Battlefront 3, that makes steps towards actual innovation.

Oh, who am I kidding, this is Jewsney. They'll just pick Ubisoft or Bethesda. Switch one brand of cancer for another.

Fuck you Disney.

Disney invented Judaism though.

The old Battlefronts weren't much to sing about either tbh.

Are you implying Disney would get rid of Star Wars altogether? They're too good at being Jews to get rid of something that makes as much money as Star Wars. All they would ever do is give the vidya rights to a company that isn't a collection of enormous fuck-ups.

No, they'd get rid of EA's exclusive license to make Star Wars games.

The biggest issue is that the people have been saying they wanted battlefront 2 but newer or a battlefield battlefront and EA didn't listen to the people and instead gave a very gimped arcade game.

Square-Enix. Disney already has a good relationship with them.

Fuck you for putting that possibility in my head. However,

Disney isn't stupid; after being disappointed with the results from the rigid top-down control and monolithic exclusivity under EA, they're going to farm out Star Wars to various and sundry developers and are probably going to allow non-canon games under a different badging (ie. instead of a TIE Fighter reboot being Star Wars: TIE Fighter it would be Star Wars Legends: TIE Fighter) because they're seeing that vidya fans hate EA for being EA and Star Wars fans hate EA because EA Star Wars games are boring as shit. They're still making money hand over fist with the movies, of course, but they're wising up to the fact that if Star Wars games aren't just third-person explosionfests then even people who aren't rabid Star Wars fans (or in fact resent the way the franchise has been going) might still be enticed to shell out for Metal Gear Boba Fett or a Galactic Civil War RTS or a new Rogue Squadron or Republic/Imperial Commando game that either ignores the current state of canon or is set so far away from the events of the films that it can safely do whatever it wants. Of course there will still be big, canon flagship games every couple years or so but the "let developers throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" approach is proven and Disney will follow the money.

It's pretty bad when Disney is on your ass for jewing too hard.

they are pretty stupid considering they signed a three movie contract with a really, REALLY shitty director and they're basically on damage control for the next 8 years.

They should just make the license open source and let anybody and everybody do whatever they want with the IP.
This is how all IPs, Patents and Copyrights should work without exception. The instant the atomic bomb was invented, the plans should have been released to the world for public use. No exceptions.

Doing away with exclusivity is probably the best. Back in the day when everybody was making Star Wars games there were a bunch of shitty ones but also a ton of really fun ones. More competition and variety is always good.

Knowing Disney, they'll probably give exclusive publishing rights to somebody else or even just throw together their own game studio. They'd probably do something like that.

The clone wars game was pretty fun

I wasn't aware you hated humanity that much!

Dream, never gonna happen in a million year deal– Give it to R*

Imagine Red Dead in Space. Star Wars was partly a space western anyway.

Wew, enjoy a Star Wars game every 20 years, if you're lucky.

It's already too late, all Japs need is immigration and taxes. Literally everything else is there.

You mean, change everything back to the way it fucking was before that they never should've changed from.

We bout to see EA get toppled?

Daily reminder nepotism is a self-correcting problem. Put enough dumb, unqualified people in top positions and just sit back and watch your company collapse under the weight of its own stupidity.

END IT ALREADY

Another thought– What about Rocksteady?
Or non-kiked Bungie. The shooting in Destiny is one thing that's fucking undeniable. I could half tolerate the grind in that game because popping off hand cannon headshots were satisfying as fuck. And yeah, I know they'd ruin it with microtransactions and grindy bullshit, but a pure gameplay, no gimmicks Star Wars game from Bungie would be god tier.

What about Respawn? Or Platinum? There's a thought, i'd love to see what they could come up with. Preferably as a big budget, publisher supported game and not one of their budget line.

At around the same time the next vidya crash happens. Holla Forums has been telling me for nearly a decade that it's right around the corner, so surely we won't have to wait much longer.

Tough shit since japs are already infected with more and worse merchantry.

And while they can't do anything about the movie contract, as part of that ever-so-important damage control they can try to offset whatever lack of profits and goodwill they might endure with successful video games - video games that EA isn't giving them.

Pretty much. All Star Wars really needed was someone occasionally telling George Lucas "no, that's fucking stupid and we're not doing that" but Disney didn't get that memo and threw the baby out with the bathwater.

No.

Giving the license to a single publisher was a mistake. Especially when that publisher closes studios constantly. Within a small period of time EA closed a studio working on a Star Wars game and then released Battlefieldfront 2 to plentiful vitriol from gamers.

You say that but every time the mudslimes try to take an inch Japan tells them to go fuck themselves and to assimilate into Japanese culture.

Kojima is an exception. Because Kojima was always a faggot who was obsessed with (((Hollywood))) movies and inserting references and such into his games. He kind of pioneered it if you sit and think about it.

Wuss.

Exclusivity license is cancer and stagnates the market. It should be open to anyone willing to throw down money for the royalties.

That doesn't count.

Where do you think anime came from?

I thought that was Inafune.

Disney, Fleisher cartoons and a Medical Doctor improving them.

SEGA

Kojima is one of the biggest offenders, but the one who pioneered it was Chris Roberts with Wing Commander.

Ex-Disney user here. Lemme provide some insight on a few things.

Disney had its own gaming division, but they were never profitable and got shoah'd a few years back. When that happened, Disney moved completely to a licensing model for its shit. Like games with Mickey, Donald and his faggot kids, etc.

The excluisivity deal with EA seems really shady; like EA threw a ton of cash at disney or something because if you're Disney, you take on a shitload more risk by only letting one publisher make Star Wars games. Disney (usually) doesn't make bad decisions of that scope.

And Disney's legal team are fucking monsters who change copyright law in the US as it suits them through their crazy lobbying efforts. If they want to get the fuck out of the deal with EA, they will and EA won't challenge them. Unless they're suicidal, which EA sometimes is.

Like other anons said, Disney cares about the vidya as marketing and not as a primary source of cash. Disney, in reality, makes the most of their cash from toys, licensing, and all that shit. So if EA is fucking up the brand, then Disney is going to start pulling out the knives. Like they're threatening to do.

So happy to see this is happening. Fuck EA. I hope they fuck up this golden goose and Disney shits all over them.

>>>Holla Forums

Proof or it didn't happen.

The industry is pretty much crash proof at this point. Studios will rise, studios will fall, but the games industry will always exist in some capacity or another. At least, so long as the grid exists, which is a whole other conversation entirely.

The previous crash was merely a burger thing, but it's understandable that burgers can't understand that there's a world that's not them.

I'd take a picture of my old nameplate, but it's in storage.

Believe me or not; most of what I said is verifable through independent research.

The industry may never crash, but the AAA market sure as hell is on life support. EA's only shitting up BF2 with all this MTX shit because they need to if they want to make money. Ironically, I'm sure the licensing fees they're paying to Disney fueled their decision to make this hilariously cancerous and blatantly p2w model.

archive.is/he6Hr

Just get it out of storsge, I'll give you 20 bucks if you do.

No exclusivity deal, let anyone make a game with the license if they have the skill and will to do it.

Walt was a fucking nazi and an honest man. It's the kikes at Disney ruining his name that jew everyone.

Friendly reminder that they're trashing it on purpose because it didn't make quite as many billions of dollars they wanted it to and this is their way of salting the earth so no one else could possibly do anything with Star Wars after they're done with it. Any extra dosh from this is just gravy.

The problem is that Disney only cares about sheqels, and EA fucked up. If the content is sjw shit, it doesn't matter, in fact its encouraged so long as you can also get a profit. Anyone who gets to make Star Wars games won't suddenly be making good games. They'll just he careful not to fuck up like EA.

EA is not competent enough to do something like that.

Remember user, ignorance before malice.

It's both.

>>>/stormfront/

He was though. He supported NatSoc Germany. Might make sense why the yids did what they did to the Disney legacy. The guy got the same treatment as Micheal Jackson when he started to talk shit about kikes in hollywood.

I'm not gonna derail the thread, but I am gonna say this. I understand the desire of wanting to better your country, but what the Nazis did was unforgiveable. A million Jewish people are still a million people, Trump is compared to Hitler since brings back the basic concepts of leadership, yet he hasn't killed anyone. With that said, Walt was like most of us here. He hates greedy shit and calls said greedy shit "Jewish". Now as you can tell from our BO, none of us give a shit about race, religion, sex, etc. Either you know shit or you don't, that's what Walt was. A no bullshit kinda guy.

This is good bait

What's that? I thought it was 6 million 7 million. Are you telling me it was only a single million now? I guess that would explain the lack of a decrease of the jewish population during WW2. :^)

Fuck off commie-chan

but the commies genocided more jews than any other in recent history

Disney Interactive is actually halfway decent when they aren't doing something retarded like aping Skylanders because the toy department cried to daddy because kids like videogames more.

As far as legitimate political theory and Judaism as a Theopolitical Faction.
They are, but a lot of that has to with Jewish culture getting engulfed into the grab bag of political ideals of "Judeo-Christian Values"

lol

You're gonna get dogged for this, but you are right.

uh huh

Pottery

Disney is way too smart to buy something as cancerous as EA. But I could see them doing it if EA was about to go bankrupt, maybe.

Please, give them ideas.

Holy shit I can't believe this

LIKE FUCKING POETRY

usually its cronyism, nepotism applies exclusively to relatives

Do they seriously expect us to believe that microtransactions were not discussed during the licensing negotiations? Disney knew every single detail about the upcoming game and the way it would be marketed, which was totally in line with the way Disney milked their favorite cash cow.
We won't see a good star wars movie/game again until the IP protection for Star Wars runs out in 2100.

Faggot, if you worked for Disney you would've known Donald doesn't have kids.
They're his nephews you daft queer!
Kill you'reself

Explain De Fuhrer's Face then, faggot

It's less likely that they were discussed and more of a given as far as things go. That being said they probably weren't told to the depth the microtransaction faggotry would go.
Or to the level of disposability EA's title would be.

These guys would be-
oh, wait, nevermind…

Even the originals sucked. FPS should involve corridors not big open spaces. That sucks.

Actually user, it's entirely possible (likely, even) that the licensing deal was just to let EA make games at a high level and outlined the licensing fees and all that.

It'd be atypical for Disney to demand such granular involvement in shit like 'How much MTX Item A will cost.'

Nigger, whatever. You knew who I meant when you read it.

Never forget that LucasArts were huge cunts who fucked over BF3 when it was like 90% done because of some petty bullshit.

THAT'S SIX MILLION GOY

Any shooter. Long sight lines are stupid and bad design.

I'd love to know many civilizations and men you've murdered yid.

If the American game industry crashed that would pretty much fix video games as a whole again you dingus.

All they had to do was make a carbon copy of BF2 with shinier graphics and new additions. I garantee no one would bitch about it being an remake since this is what everyone wants. A shiny new battlefront 2 with working online.

Considering this and the MvCI disaster both happened so damned close together, I feel like one more shitshow will make the Mouse pull out of gaming in general.

Hopefully not before KH3.

Actually the Red Cross says it was more like 300,000 and not all of them were even jewish.

Speaking of the Mouse, i wonder if congress will grant Disney another copyright exemption when Mickey Mouse goes public domain in 2023

What? I've been without internet for the last month at work. What happened?

Why do you hate fun?

Didn't they already change the public domain limit to 200 years already?

Jesus Christ, the better question is what didn't happen.

Copyright lasts 95 years. It used to be 56 years before Disney lobbied congress to extend it to 75 years and then to 95. They're still mining Mickey Mouse for cash, even though Walt Disney died like 50 years ago.

Here you go Neogaf holocausthandbooks.com/

Thanks, user.

God damn. I think I actually saw a Let's Play episode of the campaign with Frank West fucking around with Darkseid or something. I thought it was a gag video that someone made in SFM.

I hope this is true. Just for someone go rub EAs own shit in their face.

Last I checked, Mickey Mouse himself was valued at something like $1bn. (The property rights to the character, that is.)

Huh, not sure where I got 200 from.

False consensus, fuck off HR cunt.

So you're saying memes about the upcoming Star Wars movies involving "paying $xx.xx to see the ending" will piss Disney off enough to pull the trigger?

Only if they gain traction and can be directly attributed to EA.

But now that Disney has turned their Eye of Sauron on EA (with EA undoubtedly shitting bricks - it's totally unheard of to completely remove your entire MTX model a day before going to market), EA's going to be walking on eggshells.

Personally, what I really hope for is an anonymous interview from someone within EA who has legitimate dirt and absolutely shits on Disney - just something to strain the relationship to the breaking point.

After all, EA needs Disney way, way, way fucking more than Disney needs EA.

The best part is I can see this happening if only because Last Jedi is going to be a massive disaster with or without EA, but EA sure would make a convenient scape goat. EA's about to get some hot mouse dick.

I'm not a meme machine, but something like a polished version of this I made in two minutes.

I fucking wish, then maybe we could actually just talk about video games without every fucking thread turning into "DA JOOS".
Holla Forums is like an abusive spouse these days, where you have to walk on eggshells and be careful about every word you say, because saying one of their trigger words will set them off and they start screeching about the kikes hiding under their porch.

But the entertainment industry is vastly controlled by white-hating kikes, user.

Exhibit A

Exhibit Yid

If kikes get the fuck out of the gaming industry we'll have no reason to talk about them. Until then…

I heard about all sorts of problems behind the scenes on the Han Solo film, but not LJ. What's going wrong with it?

What isn't wrong with nu-Star Wars?

Hey, I'm not denying Jewish media control or any of that, I just wish it didn't become the center of every third fucking long-running thread here. You faggots make it impossible to talk about video games without getting pulled into some political bitchfest. It's as bad as the SJWs with their "every game must be political" shit.

never forget

It never fails.

Star Wars is dead

Maybe when companies stop making games with political slants in them, people will stop bringing up politics.

They don't seem to understand that it's Jewish culture that's being pushed upon us that we don't like. Jewish culture has historically been ultra-liberal. The Jew can't help but attempt to change and poison everything it touches.

Gas yourself

Well, he's not entirely wrong. It's not like you can't acknowledge issues on your "side" because it's your "side"

Name the Judeo values of judeochristian values.
While you're at it, where's Judeoislamic/judeomahometan culture or values,

We all know that's not going to happen.
Just wondering how many of you got into this whole political shit over the propaganda in games. I was politically asleep two years ago, now I'm awake, angry, terrified, and hopelessly confused.

I used to think good developers would eventually reject the industry, the sjws, the bullshit, and return to making good games again, but it hasn't happened now and most likely never will.

It's funny, the whole I just wanted to play video games thing is so fucking true to life it's sad. Just want to enjoy my hobby again, not worry about all this shit. Instead it's flaunted in my face constantly, and there is no escaping it.

We have to change the culture, fix our values, no more political correctness. People need to debate again, no more victimization, no more hypocrisy. At this point, if violence were the only answer left to get there, I'm ready.

Nigger are you retarded, there's barely even islamoislamic values, with how bad the infighting is.
I'm talking the shit in the Old Testament that Jews and Christians both believe. Like the cutting dicks thing or social values.
>Re-check old testament on wikipeds
>They begin to suggest social justice is more important than purity

You are just as bad as the SJWs, you fucking invalid. You having an MS Paint rebuttal doesn't actually refute any points, especially when the core of it is "No, you are actually the SJW for not wanting to bitch about politics".
There's a reason that political shit on Holla Forums is supposed to happen in a containment thread.

There's always a bigger fish.

Hire CDPR to make a witcher game with a star wars skin

What could go wron

ebin.
Name the "judeo" values of judeochristian civilization.
Or let me do that for you

there are a handful of indie games that manage to avoid this, but you are right on that. Almost every company has been doing this shit for long enough that people would want them to die anyway.

I'm not saying it isn't cancerous as all get out, but it sounded like that other user may've known about some behind the scenes shit like what's going on with the shitty Han Solo movie.

I'd love to see Last Jedi underperform and for Disney to freak out that their newest Golden Goose is already starting to lose its feathers.

Old Testament. essentially, yeah I know there's changes.

GG brought me here and made me question the media and my more liberal beliefs.
That takes time. We don't have time unfortunately. Once the demographic shift in the west is complete there will be nothing to fix for us, because a foreign culture will dominate our lands.
That's only possible in high trust societies where people at least attempt to argue in good faith now and then. Diverse societies are low trust.

Are you saying Christians believe in circumcision? I'm confused.

Nice rebuttal.

Some do.

You're a fucking retard, go watch more epic jordan peterson, donate to his patreon so he'll solve a personality test from cosmopolitan for you.

he still hasn't named anything aside from having Old Testament.
Still waiting for his example of explicitly judaic values of judeochristianity.
protip, slap variants of "judeochristianity" into ngram viewer.

Who the fuck is Jordan Peterson?

So, about the thread's original topic…

I'm hoping maybe a small studio, but a lot of them are consumed with exclusivity deals. So it probably won't happen.

Either Disney gets fucked and they have to maybe produce something that isn't shit, like a Kyle Katarn movie, a remake of Jedi Outcast 2, proper Battlefront, Kotor 3 and EA gets fucked.
Or Disney continues where things are going and gets more and more pissed as their plans start to crumble and they take out their anger on EA.

Either way, its fantastic. Hope the jews fuck the jews.
Requesting an edit of Disney taking EA behind the shed.

They should add a single panel to the body pile comic with a Mickey Mouse-themed crosshair on EA's head.

Disney should just open it up to anyone who wants to pay their licensing fees. All they'd need to do is check in on regular points during a game's development to make sure the devs aren't fucking up their IPs.

They already do this with their Mickey Mouse-type games.

I thought it'd be a cold day in hell before the single-most downvoted comment in Leddit history involved Star Wars. Somehow, EA found a way.

Disney didn't even create Star Wars, why should they get to decide who can and cannot create star wars games? It's absolutely ridiculous. 45 years since George Lucas created Star Wars and today some international megacorporation that hasn't done jack shit gets to decide who is allowed to create Star Wars games. It's fucked up.

I can't be the only one wondering what kind of spirituality we would have if the native religions of europe had reached a higher level of abstraction and had advanced instead of being replaced by Christianity, right?

But the new testament makes it very clear that circumcision and kosher eating really aren't mandatory anymore. Pretty sure only Paul gives jews who converted the option to continue it if it makes them feel good?

That or just inhouse it like lucas arts. WHy pay other people when you can just make it yourself?

That's not surprising. The surprising part is that it's at Disney's expense. A random "lol Star Wars sucks xDDD" probably could get 100k downboats 2 years ago.

Would you rather George Lucas was still in control?

Look, I don't understand why they do it in the first place, I can't really give you a good answer as to why people still do it.

pre-christian Russia had no private property (in the Roman sense) and tzar was the only one who managed ownership, you were given a lease (title of помещик) if you gave away your son(s) for public service or military
no literacy is a severe obstacle on becoming a civilization
read Mickiewicz's poems, as he was from Eastern Poland which has a mix of pagan stuff with Christianity, like Dziady part II for example.

Why is that a bad thing? I mean really, if he was still in charge there wouldn't even be an episode 7, at least not one with Maray Sue and the bull.

I don't know, without George Lucas there would be no Star Wars, so i think if anyone has a right to decide who gets to contribute to the Star Wars universe it's him.

Disney made most of their money with stories that are in the public domain like "The little mermaid, Snow White & the 7 dwarves, The beauty & the beast, Cinderella, etc. They should not be allowed to limit access to a 45 year old story at all.

Bring back pottery anytime.

Two sides of a terrible spectrum. George Lucas is all heart and he absolutely loves Star Wars, but is completely incompetent. Disney is incredibly competent and operates like a cleanly-oiled machine more than any other company in existence with more market research than any other group that exists, but they have absolutely no heart or love for anything at all. There has never been a healthy medium, and the old Star Wars films were good only through a lot of luck and some other good hands on deck (especially in editing).

What the fuck, how did I not even hear of this sooner? Is Star Wars that dead, or do I just live under a rock?

It's fucking everywhere.

They have star wars advertisements on fruits in my local grocery store, I think you're a mole-person

I live with a legitimate fanatic who doesn't care about it and the hype is nowhere near the level of EP7 even 6 months before release.

No, it just isn't that relevant anymore.
Even the kids watch Ninjago instead of Star Wars.

I can't really remember the last time I was hyped for a movie.

The only high budget shit I wasn't completely dead inside on was Guardians of the Galaxy 2. and it didn't disappoint

You either have a bad memory, or you're very old
Or you are a true patrician who has great disdain for hollywood plebery

Because they fucking paid $3bn or whatever the hell it was to that fat cuntrag Lucas to buy the rights; meaning they own Star Wars.

user, Disney had an in-house gamedev team and obliterated them around 2012/2013 because the division always, always lost money. They're never going back to internal dev.

To me, the surprising part is that the downvotes are against an official entity who's involved in creating Star Wars media. Effectively, the people are downvoting the franchise itself. That's what's got the Mouse's tits twisted.

I was hyped for Blade Runner 2049 and it was the only piece of media to not disappoint me since childhood.

If you had actually ever worked at Disney you'd know their internal management and decision making processes are fucked beyond belief. The entire company succeeds through its own weight and the strength of its IPs, not because of competent leadership. I don't think you've ever worked there a day in your life.

You I didn't really think about it until now but yeah, any company that wants to push a family friendly image is going to be dead-set against gambling allegations. That's got to be our best line of defense against the loot-crate cancer.

So I guess Disney and Nintendo are both dead against this bullshit then, who else?

Imagine if General Electric or some other corporation had the rights to The little mermaid, Snow White & the 7 dwarves, The beauty & the beast, Cinderella, Alice in wonderland, Peter Pan etc and instead of letting Disney make movies about these stories free of charge they sell the license for Alice in Wonderland to McDonalds who turn the cheshire cat into Ronald McDonald and paint the roses red with McDonald's fancy ketchup.

What if Pfizer was granted the rights to Sleeping Beauty because they want to advertise their new sleeping pills? I hope we can all agree that this would be a total disaster, but this is exactly what Disney is doing. They sold one of the most beloved stories to Electronic Arts. People will look back on this time in history as we look back on the days without flush toilets. "Why did people the people in 2017 put up with this shit?"

Disney strikes me as the company that would take an effort in convincing people that gambling is actually a healthy thing for a family, if only to cement their status as king kike of shekel mountain. Nintendo on the other hand will just say nothing and hope you forget about it, maybe even going as far as to intentionally piss people off with some unrelated incident as a smokescreen.

Ah, youre a plebian, I see.
I bet any film before 1979, sans new hope and empire, is shit to you.

I'm not talking about the viper's nest that is mid-level management and all that shit. I'm talking about the high-level business decisions like buying Star Wars or how they're handling the Marvel movie series. That kind of stuff. Say what you will about him, but Iger knows what the fuck he's doing.

And Disney succeeds through a combination of lobbying power, international business relations, and knowing how to make shit the normalfags buy.

user, I'm sorry, but I don't think you understand how intellectual property rights work. Think of it like buying a manuscript someone wrote. You pay a screenwriter, they produce a script, they then turn over all ownership rights to you because they agree to do it and that's how the contract was written. Immediately upon the conclusion of that contract, you own the rights to the screenplay and can do anything you want with it - even burying it and never using it.

And Star Wars was dead the moment Lucas made RotJ. Disney bought it because they realized what a huge merchandising opportunity it was and, surprise surprise, they're one of the best-equipped companies on earth to exploit that.

It's not the first time Disney have been anti-gambling. It seems their recent IP acquisitions resulted in them trying to get a shit load of Marvel and Star Wars themed slot machines shut down.

The Little Mermaid and those other stories are public domain. Disney's masterplan might be to have all pubic domain stories become their property by default but their lawmancers still haven't consumed enough souls for that yet.

Star Wars was never good.

You're a funny guy

No

That's my point. Don't you think that it's ironic Disney made a fortune with stories that are in the public domain while sitting on Star Wars and only allowing a few McDonald's tier companies to use it? I know they're legally allowed to do it, but that doesn't make it any better.

Make no mistake m8, Disney's exploitation of Star Wars is cold and calculated; like a company planning how to mine all the ore out of a hill but make sure they don't let the hill collapse before they get everything.

And m8, they're pumping out Star Wars shit like there's no tomorrow. Some new TV series were announced recently, we're getting like one Star Wars universe film per year, they're shitting out toys by the boatload that apparently aren't selling, lel, and all of that.

The dearth of Star Wars vidya is entirely EA's fault

And go watch the RLM review of Rogue One. I agree with Rich Evans in that Star Wars, despite seeming huge, is only popular for five or six elements that are in damn near every major film they release. It's a limited IP.

East coast Jews are pretty conservative from what I have seen. I know quite a few kikes that backed Trump because they knew he would favor the upper class.

There are plenty of places you can go with Star Wars as a universe. The problem with things like Rogue One and no doubt the Han Solo movie, is they aren't willing to deviate far enough. They can't just not bring back recognisable characters and icons like the Deathstar. They couldn't just make a good war movie, and they wont just make a good crime movie.

There are tons of places you could take the universe, but the normalfags expect the same shit from each movie:

If you start making Star Wars movies without any of that, and it flops or the fans reject it, you're going to be in a world of shit.

Or did you think it was a coincidence that all of the Star Wars movies made under Disney's direction include all of those things in some form or another? ;^)

No, I get it. They're so terrified of the "this doesn't feel like Star Wars" prequel backlash, that they're never going to do anything cool, despite boundless potential, and not all that much risk really. In the end, the prequels still made a fuckload of money. Star Wars sells regardless of whether OT purists are happy about it.

Unless something new and amazing grips the normalfags, they'll milk the 'normal' Star Wars until it stops making cash.

Then, and only then, could I see Disney saying 'Fuck it!' and letting people experiment with the franchise. Like a new Expanded Universe, or whatever; so long as the main stuff (Vader, etc) is still sacrosanct.

Had to go to disneyland for familyspawn's birthday.
It's finally dead now.

Isn't it just Luke's saber from the first two movies?

Source? I remember Ford saying he wanted to be killed off so he could retire.

GotG2 was pretty good, but it had a really bad second act imo. They go from "yay we met daddy everything is great!" to "ant woman is crying! oh no!" with almost no buildup. Definitely better than some of the other MCU shit *cough* The Dark World *cough*

You know jack about shit and letting your own prejudices color your beliefs. Disney has been anti-gambling since the dawn of time. Their cruise ships don't even have casinos, which basically no other cruise line does.

It should be.

Well, seeing that Ford is still starring and acting in movies, that excuse kinda falls apart. He jumped ship.

The one that literally fell into a gas giant planet, yes.

Are there any 3rd party Devs still alive that used to make Star Wars games because Petroglyph is the only one i can think of since everyone else is dead and if they're gonna make Empire At War 2, i hope it isn't using canon material but legends and the campaign would be Thrawn's Campaign

Harrison Ford has been wanting to leave Star Wars for years, though. His scene at the end of Empire was supposed to be a way to write his character out of the story until Harrison was offered more money to come back.

How long must I wait?

Fucking hell m8s. I just finished arguing with a nigga who was defending fucking EA. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO THAT FUCK. My anger was eternal doing this.

Holy Shit, is this the list of games cancelled or planned, if so user do you have more?

Bad fucking call EA, bad fucking call.

Hopefully someone who will publish that unreleased Rogue Squadron title, apparently Factor 5 have the source for the title still and are interested in a Switch release.

Everything in that image and everything in image.
(that rumor of KOTOR3 has since been confirmed too.)

Plus who knows how many more. We were on the dawn of a second golden age of Star Wars games we it was all pissed down the drain for what? For fucking EA Battlefront of all things.

they only deal with publishers silly.

Either Activision, Ubisoft, SE or Bethesda, I think out of all of them it would be best to give it to Bethesda, we will probably see Rogue Leaders released, Factor 5 says it was ready to be shipped.

Really hopeful EA's licence does fall apart so that someone else can publish this, anyone but fucking EA.

WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

Your right, letting Bethesda get fatter can't be a good thing, we don't need 2 EAs.

It think he means that they're the least worst of the worst options that could afford the license.

Devil's Advocate but if autistic modders mod a star wars game, we might have Sequals like Imperial Commando (If game FPS, RPG (KOTOR overhaul) and so on) it would be the lesser evil

Even so-

What is CDPR?

They already have a knack for Open World style games Yeah yeah, "Muh Downgrades" withstanding so if any studio has the skill to pull off a decent StarWars game it'd be them, not fucking Bethesda.

CDPR has their hands filled with Cyberpunk 20whatever. They're not a large collection of studios they're just one single studio. They could afford the license, maybe, but they wouldn't be able to pay it off by the time it expired. Not even close.

It's so far-fetched it might work

I'd trust CDPR for a 1313 game or picking up the slack on the other one that got canned, but I'd not want them to do it, they're perfectly good working on their own properties and splitting them with licensed shit would, I think, be detrimental.

I refuse to believe that that was at any point a list of titles in development or planning. Not that any of that matters anymore with the entire extended universe being retconned.

Pretty much, Bethesda/Zeni are shit but I can't think of anyone else who could afford it and handle it not quite as bad, if I were to choose any company at all I'd probably give it to Factor 5, that's 1/4 of the good Star Wars sub series. I wonder where Lucas Arts develoeprs ended up.

Oh wait, nevermind I forgot, we could also have Star Wars Gwent.

That's an Enfield you stupid cunt

Aight. Calm down, clam nuts.

user, dont meme something into reality!

No you silly, that's obviously a Jawa shock gun.

The videos of him just shitting on disney and the new star wars are incredible. You can tell hes under contract to not badmouth them but there are times when he lets slip he thinks the new movies are absolute dogshit. And all those years as the joker made him pretty fucking funny

I think 2K & Firaxis could make something pretty good.

Cyberpunk 2077 is still in heavy development. They won't be free to work on something else for years. And I don't think they'd be willing to reskin 2077 as Star Wars, because the existing fanbase would hate them for the cash grab. As they said in their latest tweet, "We leave greed to others."

The JJ Abrams and Michael Bay comparison seems really accurate, except Abrams abuses lens flare CGI while Bay abuses explosive CGI.

This is actually one of the tamer ones as well. And he's actually really insightful. As an example, he points out the new trilogy movie ends on a cliffhanger and he's standing on an actual cliff, pointing out low key how fucking cheeky the directors were about this. I think the biggest ones were when he shits on how little he has to do with the script, and how rey has had no training whatsoever but can use the force perfectly, as well as a newer one where he starts shitting on his role and the new films while in an interview talk with an exective of disney and she actually cuts him off real nervous like because of what he was doing. You could tell she was shitting bricks. He also made the jew chick who cant act for shit nervous as fuck in the interview, she kept laughing awkwardly.

They both only ever make one movie.

user, source on the interview?

It's this one, not sure on the timestamp though because I watched it as part of another interview. He's very negative about the new movies though in all his videos.

That article title is really hard to read, I think there's supposed to be a comma in there or another word.

kek
Just let the games die, there's nobody left that can make a good one. LucasArts is dead. Pandemic is dead. Even if they could be brought back the games would be as pozzed as the new movies.

>>>/suicide/

Stick to your visual novels and let the adults talk about actual games.

Will never happen. They won't be able to get the original actor and they'd probably make him a gay nigger with space aids.

It's easy if you've had to deal with Pajeets.

Honestly it wouldn't be too hard to make STALKER esqe thing in Star Wars

STALKER in Star Wars would've been basically going for a prance around Malachor V after the Mass Shadow Generator was activated.

or Fulucia since its Catachan tier death world

it would probably be best to handle it via the Disney Interactive brand under the leadership of someone who gives a rat's ass.
open up bidding to outside developers who pitch projects and provide funding accordingly

Star Wars games by Falcom or KTGust would be cool.

It still boggles my mind that EA had this cashcow in their hands for so many years and all they made was the completely 0% effort battlefront 1, and battlefront 2. They've done almost nothing with a money printing IP.

I think the best part of how retarded this post is is the fact that modern copyright laws (1710) predates the earliest widespread move from chamberpots to modern cisterns (designs made in 1775, but too expensive to adopt until the late 19th century for most).

(heiled)
There's a difference between "believing meritocracy is a good thing to strive for" and "believing you currently inhabit a meritocracy." The former allows you to acknowledge that something less than meritocratic might be occurring; the latter does not, and makes you draw stupid conclusions like in that example. It's the difference between concluding something is meritocratic and using "this is meritocratic" as a premise.
I can name Nier: Automata, Persona 5, and Nioh as great AAA Japanese releases this year.
As an exercise, name 3 AAA western releases in 2017 that haven't been absolute disasters. I can't even name one.
Are casinos owned by the Jews too? I was always under the impression that the ones that weren't Native American were owned by the Italian and Russian mobs.

(checked)
There's a wide, gaping gulf between copyright law in the early 1700's and today. Take a look at and look how ridiculously long it takes for copyright to expire.

That isn't the point, while I dislike the fact the Mouse will probably never be free it's hilarious he had to choose a comparison where the thing he doesn't like predates the the thing he compares it to be a century or two. Modern toilets also don't look much like the original water closets but that's his fault for bringing it up as a comparison.

LucasArts made the best Star Wars games, that said nuWars is shit so I couldn't give a fuck who gets the next turn raping the corpse.

That's still retarded on EA's part though, it's not like there isn't interest in a dizzying array of Star Wars games like the ones cancelled in . Both EA and Disney have effective partial control of the IP at this point and EA isn't improving it by only allowing DICE to make shitty mobile-tier games with a full price tag.

Are disney and EA intentionally fucking over the star wars brand? Or are they really just this incompetent?

All they care about is money and destroying a huge franchise isn't profitable if you are the one that owns it.

They are really this incompetent and I hope somebody at the top level on both companies gets fired for this at a minimum because thats what it will take for the former exec to realize that they make awful decisions.

The campaign is so shit
Fuck NuWars. MUH EMPIRE IS EBUL MUHBWOMYN CANT BE EBUL I REBEL XDXD

To be fair the one in charge of star wars is a woman who doesn't actually seem like she knows what she's doing, aside from making as much shit with the star wars in as little time as possible. It could easily dilute the brand and it seems like people are starting to get sick of it.

Wew lad

Canon Mandos are full of shit especially they got raped hard by Star Wars Rebels

He gave enough of a shit to explicitly say they needed to kill his character because he didn't want to appear in any future Star Wars movies. I imagine Mark Hamill will soon follow suit because SW is turning into a trainwreck.

The Empire is still the only racially aware organization in Star Wars. Also, reminder that (white) humans have created nearly every piece of technology in the SW universe, and have been the greatest leaders and military geniuses.

What about the mon calamari?

That's like asking "What about that one niggers I know that has a PhD?".

If it's anything like Bill Murray in Ghostbusters he could have a legal gag order stopping him from talking shit.
Bill was almost sued by Sony because he was recorded saying nuBusters is a pile of shit.

Hamill has been talking shit about the new movies almost as soon as he got on-board and found out what Jew Jew had in store for him. You can tell they crushed his soul and is only doing the acting under legal duress.

Hamil does it pretty skillfully though, where it he's basically giving backhand compliments.

Does Hamill love EU or does not care?

Didnt they build most of the shit the rebels used that wasnt just refurbrished from the clone wars?

Lore wise, Mon Calas did build ships but not as effective as Empire Ships

Werent tie fighters and other small crafts superior to imperial starfighters?
I do recall imperial warships being much better though.

I haven't really heard him comment about the EU, but he had this whole backstory about what Luke has been doing between the end of Episode VI and Episode VII that he was excited to pitch and then the yids present him with a xenomorph, a nigger and the spicjew.

They also used stolen Imperial ships. As ship to ship the Empire ones were always superior.

*X-wings

True, Tie Fighters are shit but the only redeeming things of their series is the Defender and Interceptors but then again they still use Red Army Tactics starfighter wise

The Rebels stole the plans for the X-Wings, and that superiority ceases to be a thing when the Empire starts rolling out their expensive fighters. Just play TIE Fighter and you'll realize just how potent later TIE models really are.

I played tie fighter a bit (couldnt complete it as a kid) and what i recall is my tie fighter getting rammed because no shields.

What about the Rakatan? Human technology (most notably the hyperdrive) was reverse engineered from them. The Hutts, before becoming criminals, ruled most of space following the collapse of the Infinite Empire. And then there's Sith race. Most of the basic technology in the technologically stagnant Star Wars universe that humans use comes from alien races that the humans just adapted.

That's not true. They didn't build many military ships granted but when they went into military conversion their ships easily went toe-to-toe with Star Destroyers.

Rebel starfighters weren't designed by Mon Calamari, except the B-Wing.

Reading is hard.

Git gud. Also, go finish the fucking game you subhuman.

Oy vey.

I guess humans dominating all aspects of life in the SW universe is just a coincidence, right rabbi?

Why do people call Rey a xenomorph? Is it because of the forehead?

The Sith were a race?

Stop implying shit, i never said you were wrong but that those were my memories of tie fighter.

They were until extinction.

So does that mean that the humans who are on the Sith Council are the Star Wars equivalent to (((fellow white people)))?

What? Also humans are the outlier in this instance.

I don't see what that's got to do with the origin of technology in the Star Wars universe (honestly you're just moving the goalposts because you're losing) but if you want to get into semantics the Rakatan used them as slaves and spread them out all over the universe more so than they did any other race so of course they'd be more numerous, being settled on more planets than any other race.

Yes, the Sith were a race. And an ideology too.

Wasn't Konami only the publisher of Revengeance? IIRC They used Platinum's engine because the Fox engine was shit at the time and couldn't handle Kojima's vision of being able to cut virtually anything.

Wasn't it pretty much
X-Wing > TIE Fighter
X-Wing = TIE Interceptor
A-Wing > TIE-Interceptor
Star Destroyer > MonCalla cruisers ?
Should be noted that A-Wings were very costly in maintenance and only the most skilled pilots could fly them because of their complex controls

B-Wing was technically a pretty stupid design idea, it was extremely hard to fly, like the A-Wing. When you are leading a rebellion you only have a limited amount of ace pilots after all.

you forgot Tie Defender > B-Wing

That's not a fucking meritocracy you twit.

It was co-designed by Ackbar and alien bugs so whatever. It looked cool, though, and in the hands of an ace would've been deadly as fuck with all the weapons it had.

nuWars decided to turn them into mini-Death Stars which is fucking stupid.

Walt wasn't NatSoc but he, like everyone else, supported Germany at first, until America declared war. Then it was "America first".

*to specify, Germany "before 1939"

What I posted is the result of people not living in a meritocracy thinking they do.

Friend of mine told me that in the nuWars Rebels a X-wing murdered a Tie Defender

A Z-95 Headhunter can do that too with enough skill and luck. TIE Defenders are technologically superior but still not invulnerable.

Fucking disgusting.

Wouldn't surprise me. I gave up on watching Rebels even as just a means of making myself angry long before the TIE Defendor showed up.

That nuB-Wing can rapid fire that mini Death Star beam, and it can kill an Imperial Light Cruiser in two shots (with next to no downtime between shots, hell it might've actually been a single shot for all I know.)

Rebels is fucking trash. It makes Season 1 of The Clone Wars look like the Thrawn Trilogy by comparison.

time stamp at 5:05 to 5:40

It's the teeth.

To be fair, there were some X-Wing models that could still fire at decreased efficiency with locked S-Foils.

Hey say what you will, her performance as The Gladiator was powerful.

Well I don't like it, therefore it's bad.

I've done no such thing, user.

sorry reply mean't to

I never gave a fuck about these giant franchises like Star Wars or the Hobbit and found it annoying how thei were slapped on everything everywhere I looked. I'm glad they are on a decline. Mega brand shit should die.

good question at a bad timing.
Didn't Dischney know about the fact that the PR Managment in the gaming industry knows jackshit about the gaming audience?

Disney is world-class at wringing shekels out of everything they touch but miscalculated and gave Star Wars to the wrong people whereas EA is just a garbage fire of a company.

Star Wars is fucking shit, who cares

I found this. Seems a nice compilation of him shit talking the new films.

Thing is, that's an older one that didn't have the newer interviews like the one with the exec of disney who nervously cut him off for shitting on it in front of her, and Rey being nervous as fuck when hes backhand complimenting it. Apparently there were much more but its been copyright claimed a lot, I think Disney is trying to hardcore PR control this shit.

Honestly did not expect the comparison to be so true.

Yet they keep fucking up.

My only guess as well is due to it being a woman and like Yahoo she has no idea wtf shes doing.

The prequels are and feel more like legitimate Star Wars because they are. Star Wars is at its core a George Lucas production, and any that are directed by anyone other than him (expecially a company as shitty as the mouse) will never have that unique "Star Wars feel".

He's surprisingly frank

wait am I understanding this correctly disney is mad for EA temporarily withholding microtransactions because they're even bigger jews? it says "unhappy with how long [EA] took action against microtransactions" when it should say "unhappy with how long it took [EA] to take action against microtransactions"

I can't seem to find these new interviews. Do you happen to know what they were wearing so I could identify the vid if I found it? A screenshot would be good.

Respawn just got bought by EA. I know, much to my chagrin, too. RIP Titanfall…
Has potential, but I foresee an Arkham clone with Jedi. Granted, this could make for some good Old Republic material, but…eeeeehhhhhhhh…
Sucking on Acti-Blizz's teat. Don't trust 'em to break away long enough to make a decent game. Too pozzed to trust anymore.
Mah nigga

See

I'm…actually okay with this.

Nah, they wouldn't give you the glory of such a smackdown. They'd just ban your ass instead.

Holy shit, that's saying something…

This was my issue with EP7. It was too full of nostalgia nods, not enough doing new things.

user, if I knew what they were i'd have them. The whole point is disney is dmcaing shit to damage control.

That's a good joke. The problem with the prequels is that a hack director got complete reign over a project and the best he could do was a million shot reverse shot scenes.

And he can get away with it too, because they HAVE to have Luke in the movie.

Gary Kurtz was the man behind a lot of the good shit in SW, including the main writer behind Ep 5. Like said, giving Lucas full reign over it led to all the shit people bitch and gripe about.

Harrison Ford has been trying to kill Han Solo since The Empire Strikes Back. He never liked the movies that made him famous.

Mark's interview starts at 33:00. And they give the fucker 15 minutes of interview time. I sat through all that bullshit. You can tell he's hesitant to praise the production leads. Makes you wonder how coerced he was with this. I get the impression he's done. He doesn't want to be there. That said, he's very, very hesitant to say anything potentially disparaging.

Unsurprising tbh. Nu-Star Wars is a trainwreck. Not to mention they're probably relegating him to a bitch role to that chick who plays Rey, for their diversity bullshit. Wouldn't be surprised if he'd rather just be voicing the joker instead of being there. I don't know why anyone would want to hear what the new cast has to say anyway. They're all so dull

Fuck

based joker.

this

EA, Activision, and Ubisoft are cutting down on the number of games they make each year. This means they can pump more money into each game, while keeping their cost of development down in general. So far it seems to have worked for them. This also ties into loot boxes. It's not just there to increases money, it's there to increase stability. At least that's what i heard. Disregard if you want.

Can't have "Good guys"™ suffer consequences for poor short or long term actions, muh plot armor.

Can't have "Good guys"™ be vulnerable or be killed.

Yes, that's the point.

Why do people attack the EU again?

Because normalfags think reading books is too hard, everything has to be a movie or else it doesn't exist in their eyes.

Kylo Ren, orange yoda, and oogaboyega made a screen cameo

muh dik

Isn't that one of the arcologies from SimCity 2000?

Not until Disney stops image policing their IP. Crapcom being a hollow shell of its former self is only half of why MVCI sucked. Disney doesn't let devs just do their thing because they think they fucking know better

Probably not.

It's a giant factory ship that uses tractor beams to rip apart a planet's crust and turn the materials gathered into various vehicles and ships. The reborn Emperor sent an entire fleet of them to consume the Mon Calamari homeworld since the Death Star was never able to blow it up as planned.

Take that back! xenos are not that ugly!

This rather embarrassing photo of her face was posted here, so some user edited it to make it look like an Alien: Covenant poster and the resemblance was uncanny. I don't have it, but I'm sure someone saved it. The edit was so good, I thought it was a poster for an actual horror movie.

When it's the second highest grossing one will you still be spouting his?

I highly doubt they'd ever put out a game with 'scum' in the title.

I wish a nigger would…

Not quite. The original Sith were a red skinned xenos race strong in the force, violent and aggressive. They were however, confined to only Corriban since back then they couldn't into space.
Meanwhile the Jedi were establishing themselves as guardians n shit already cruzing around the stars. One day some Jedi realised they would rather rule than serve all the unwashed masses and they began to fuck shit up. The first Jedi civil war broke out.
The 'dark jedi' lost that war and escaped towards the outer rim. There they found Corriban muh will of the force they discovered the original Sith and then managed to conquer them. Since then Sith has been both a mentality and a race to the point that even after all the original redskinned niggers were killed their culture and mentality survived the eons in the form of the Sith Code.

Don't remind me, their usual practice of inhaling OPs before they shuttered their doors is the reason Stubbs the Zombie will never get a rerelease.

The ads might be everywhere but the hype is dead. The faggot Awakes was in some ways as bad or at least as dissapointing as the Prequels and even normalfags have stopped giving a fuck after all that garbage.

Btw. what are the numbers from China/asia in general like? I know the chinks used different posters to distract people from the nigger lead, but still.

Topkek

But it's mostly all the same kikes at the top. So yeah, nepotism with maybe a little cronyism to sweeten sour the pot.

(checked)
Ah, so they're Americans :^)

Which one would you dread more encountering in a dark alleyway?

Xenomorph look aside, I'd like to shatter her teeth with my boner.